Gucci pour Homme II (2007) Eau de Toilette

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesPimento, Black tea, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesMyrrh, Olive wood, Tobacco leaf, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.07.2019

10.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

An old friend
Oh man, I've written this comment several times in my head - so now I'm just typing it in.
With GPH2, what I have to say is quite short: It is an old companion, bought at the time, not used up, given away. Stupid.
10 years and 5 fillings later double the amount in the bottle - completely happy.
And now to the actual: the fragrance is linear and ends where it starts. I smell cherries and taste tea with milk. It's personal between us. The scent sits like a second skin. That's how I want to smell. Definitely
8.0 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

Stylish understatement
Gucci Pour Homme 2 is considered an insider tip. There's also a rumor that he's been hired. That triggered me, of course. So ordered and smiled gratefully after the first sprayer.

It is really very good and as often reported very easy.

Nice blend, very soft. Nice violet, tasty tea. Somehow a Spice Bomb light trimmed for summer.

A personal scent. Pretty close, but I think that's what I wanted, or rather I don't have anything against it with him. Absolute feel-good factor, the tea chord is already refined. It cools in heat and warms in cold.

If you want to achieve more effect, just put some more sprayers on your clothes or use Molecule-Trick-01.

But actually find him just right, the way he floats. An enrichment of my collection. Always goes, doesn't touch, pleases everyone, is unique. A quiet, but rich fragrance, which conveys serious and at the same time sensitive peace and depth to the environment.

If Parfums de Marly would nischifizieren this smell, then I jump however naturally in the triangle. One can only hope..
9.0 4.0 3.0 10.0/10

Luxery66
A very beautiful fragrance, but ...
I can join most of the previous speakers, it's really a very nice fragrance.
When spraying you notice the bergamot and if you let the scent take effect, tobacco leaf, white musk and curl come out quite clearly I find.
The thing that bothers me about this fragrance is its short shelf life. I have the impression that after one or two hours the fragrance has almost completely disappeared. Questions in my environment have confirmed this.
Since I find the fragrance composition nevertheless very beautiful, I always have a small filling with me to add.

Conclusion: A beautiful woody spicy fragrance for the summer and despite its short shelf life in my collection.
9.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Black tea deluxe
Where do I even begin... Gucci Pour Homme II is such a lovely scent, a modish and fashionable breakfast tea, the bergamot and black tea blend reminds the well known Earl Grey, which is a top-of-the-tier timeless classic. Aromatic bergamot adds a refined tart citrus taste to the dark, full-lead tea with prized tiny silver tips!

I blindly bought a bottle, because of the smoky notes... what a pleasant surprise!
A pretty linear fragrance I would say, which is built around the black tea preeminent note, not a light white or lemon green tea you get in Bvlgari, rather a more oxidated and strong oolongs one like a dark English Breakfast tea. That note gives to the scent an intense sweet caramel, malt, and mineral stone-like vibe, with oaky undertones. In spite of the azure color of the juice, GPH II is not an aquatic, not citrus, and not a sports scent.
I got to know of this fragrance when it was first launched back in 2007, but I was so skeptical about that, thinking it was yet another aquatic one in the universe, and despised it for too long. Oh man, I was so damn wrong! This is seriously so gorgeous and smells so good.

In the open, I get a fresh and clean burst of creamy bergamot blended with green violet leaves, which fades quickly and leaves a dark tea trail, with a tad of spicy cinnamon and a bit of mellow paprika. Well, my gut feeling is that it incorporates one of the best tea notes and blends it perfectly with the herbal violet leaf and the sweet-smoky tobacco. That concoction creates a cool-warm effect, which is soothing, comforting, and slightly sweet.

Ultimately, I get the myrrh and the tobacco notes in the dry down, which really accentuate the ruggedly masculine sexiness that I find so intriguing. The perfume stays close to the skin, which makes it ideal for crowd places, but I don't see any issues with longevity. If I smell my wrists after several hours, the fragrance is still over there.

GPH II is really versatile. It works well in both spring and fall when the weather is a little bit warmer and the bitter-aromatic myrrh gives its best. Fine for office and casual day, evening, or a night out. Today was an unexpected cold middle spring day and the scent went well together with my skin.

I might be wrong, but to me GPH II has something in common with Jacomo Aura, meaning that they are not one another replica, though they share the same vibe and the blend of tea and tobacco is very similar.

Gucci pour Homme I High School Edition
Gucci pour Homme II is a pleasant, “generically” elegant and cozy designer fragrance, undoubtedly a tad inferior to Gucci pour Homme I, which shows a completely different (and superior) class and quality. But still, it’s nice. Number II is soft, easy going and to some extent a bit cheap; but it is also without doubts pleasant to wear, and that is always a plus in my book. It is basically built on some features of Gucci pour Homme I (you can feel the same synthetic cedar-incense accord), but all twisted with the silky powderiness of violet, a sweet-fruity tone, slightly creamy-lactonic too, and overall with a brighter and cleaner atmosphere. The tea note is really nice, and together with violet and tobacco creates a fresh (yet warm too), cozy, gentle feel of peaceful and sweet softness, almost plushy, well contrasted by a hint of leather (modern, finished, “posh”) and woody-peppery notes. Incomparable to the hyper-refined, adult, sharp and shady smoky woodiness of Gucci pour Homme I... but as I said, really pleasant and worth the low price. The combination of sweet-fruity notes and “pencil sharpener” cedar reminded me a bit of Balmain’s Carbone. Discreet, yet long-lasting persistence. Nothing groundbreaking, but solid!

6,5-7/10

~ Welcome Gentleman GPHII ~
~ If an understated sophisticated style is the image you project without the need to follow trends then this all-season tasteful tea masterpiece could be for you? If ever there was an example of "less being more" or rather just the perfect amount this is it! GPHII is a fresh and slightly aromatic Gent but also has the perfect hint of spice in his personality coming through. While the violet leaf opens the visit with a slightly sweet hello the cinnamon offers just the right amount of interest and softly spoken conversation to be a welcome guest in his subtle sillage. The pleasant stay of sipping tea ends with a hint of tobacco from his pipe and the woody notes waving good-bye leaving the host and all that have made his acquaintance quite satisfied.

Kind Regards, Plat ~
7.5 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Just mmm....
Gucci Pour Homme II initiates with a tea and incense medley. Gradually, the pimento emerges but remains well-behaved in the background with the musk. There is a minuscule sweetness that might be coming from the cinnamon, but the overall composition is spicy and smooth. I can see why some are comforted by the scent, as there is a soothing warmth about it.

The floor manager at the local Ulta store has smelled a multitude of perfumes on me, and this one was easily her favourite. "Ooh! What is that?!" was her immediate reaction. She told me it was the best thing I've tested in her store. I had never seen her eyes so wide. :D

As projection is fairly limited on my skin, this seems well-suited for a nice, cool evening in close quarters. It has slowly moved into my favourites, as the soothing scent of Gucci Pour Homme II lasts all day and puts a smile on my face. I might even buy a second bottle while I still can.

Delicious.
10.0 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Paez
All we need is longevity
wonderful smell of black tea, bergamot and tobacco. this could be my signature fragrance if it can do better on longevity and sillage. beyond these, this perfume's bottle can be used as a cannonball. 5 or 6 shots can tear down a wall.
10.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

My cup of tea
Wonderful fragrance... i smell mostly black tea, which smells heavenly.

It would be in my top 5 if it had a better lasting power and projection.

Smells very pleasant and unique. If you find it, dont think, just GET IT.

Definetely a must have. After GPH and GPH II there's nothing interesting by Gucci.

Thumbs up for this scent and big thumbs down for Gucci.

Updated January 2014
7.5 7.5 5.0 7.0/10

Drseid
Proves Spiced Black Tea And Incense Go Fabulously Together...
Gucci pour Homme II opens immediately with a beautiful violet note coupling with mild peppery spice. As the scent moves to the heart phase, the violet remains though in a subdued state with the early pepper spice now swapping places with cinnamon, the spotlight now focused on the scent's real stars, black tea and non-smoky incense. The overall accord turns slightly sweet soon after, as a honey-like accord slowly grows as time passes and remains through the finish. As it enters the dry-down, a very pleasant tobacco leaf and woody tandem emerge from the base as it joins the remnants of the heart accord to send off the scent. Projection is good and longevity is average at 8-10 hours on skin.

Gucci pour Homme II is a very pleasant scent on the whole. It is relatively fresh and slightly sweet, but it really is the black tea and incense that make the scent work. The overall accord just seems so smooth and easy to wear that the scent excels at versatility as very few will find it anywhere near offensive. If I had any gripe with Gucci pour Homme II it would have to be that it lacks in the distinctiveness department to some degree. That is really nit picking a very nice effort by Gucci on this one and should not put anyone off from giving Gucci pour Homme II a try. That said, for a bit more distinctiveness and performance in a somewhat similar vein (sans tea) folks may want to additionally sample LiquidNight by A Lab On Fire that is more accomplished, in my opinion. Inconsequential gripe aside, Gucci pour Homme II smells very good in it own right and earns a well-deserved rating of 3.5 stars out of 5.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Sensual black tea and spicy tobacco
I am really impressed with Gucci's male fragrance range. I have loved each and every one of them, so much so that I've even considered wearing them myself.

Gucci pour Homme II is deliciously spicy, refreshing and sexy. It would make a fantastic all-year round scent, for all seasons and all occasions.

It's masculine yet subtly sweet. It opens with a green yet floral violet leaf note followed by an interestingly citrusy bergamot and spicy cinnamon composition.

Exotic spiciness is what makes this fragrance. The black tea note really brings out an exquisite uniqueness in Gucci pour Homme II.

Fresh yet warm, this fragrance tends to contradict my senses a little. One minute it's a comforting scent, the next minute it is rousingly sexual. The myrrh and the tobacco notes in the drydown really accentuate the ruggedly masculine sexiness that I find so intriguing.

The lasting power is excellent so there is no reason why I should not recommend this fragrance so highly.

Yos 13 months ago
Not good. Smells herbal medicinal and old. Threw mine away. Probably THE WORST FRAGRANCE I'VE EVER SMELLED! And I don't say that lightly.+1
2.0
Numcks4frags 14 months ago
Valium in a spray bottle. So calming, soothing, contemplative. . .+3
Elysium 21 months ago
It is such a lovely scent, a modish and fashionable breakfast tea, bergamot and black tea blend reminds the well known Earl Grey. Delicious!+1
9.0

by Thecombad
by Blumenblut
by Blumenblut
by Miaw2
Gucci Pour Homme II von Gucci - Teehaus² :)
by Taka
by Pharaoh
by Chansn
by Chansn

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Gucci by Gucci Sport pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci