Gucci pour Homme II 2007 Eau de Toilette

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-fresh. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Violet leafViolet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesPimentoPimento Black teaBlack tea CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesMyrrhMyrrh Olive woodOlive wood TobaccoTobacco White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.06.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is Danish model Mathias Lauridsen.

Black Tea Deluxe
Where do I even begin? Gucci Pour Homme II is such a lovely scent, a modish and fashionable breakfast tea. The bergamot and black tea blend remind the well-known Earl Grey, a top-of-the-tier timeless classic. Aromatic bergamot adds a refined tart citrus taste to the dark, full-lead tea with prized tiny silver tips!

I blindly bought a bottle because of the smoky notes. What a pleasant surprise! I would say a pretty linear fragrance, which is built around the preeminent black tea note, not a light white or lemon green tea you get in Bvlgari pour Homme Eau de Toilette, rather a more oxidated and strong oolongs one like a dark English Breakfast tea. That note gives the scent an intense sweet caramel, malt, and mineral stone-like vibe, with oaky undertones. Despite the azure color of the juice, GPH II is not aquatic, not citrus, and not a sports scent.
I got to know of this fragrance when it was first launched back in 2007, but I was so skeptical about that, thinking it was yet another aquatic one in the universe, and despised it for too long. Oh, man, I was so damn wrong! Gucci pour Homme II is seriously so gorgeous and smells so good.

In the open, I get a fresh and clean burst of creamy bergamot blended with green violet leaves, which fades quickly and leaves a dark tea trail, with a tad of spicy cinnamon and a bit of sweet paprika. Well, my gut feeling is that it incorporates one of the best tea notes and blends it correctly with the herbal violet leaf and the sweet-smoky tobacco. That concoction creates a cool-warm effect, soothing, comforting, and slightly sweet.

Ultimately, I get the myrrh and the tobacco notes in the dry down, which accentuates the ruggedly masculine sexiness that I find intriguing. The perfume stays close to the skin, making it ideal for crowded places, but I don't see any issues with longevity. After several hours, if I smell my wrists, the fragrance is still over there.

GPH II is versatile. It works well in spring and fall when the weather is slightly warmer, and the bitter-aromatic myrrh gives its best. Excellent for office and casual day, evening, or a night out. Today was a pleasant cold spring day, and the scent went well with my skin.

To me, GPH II has something in common with Aura for Men, meaning that they are not one another replica, though they share the same vibe, and the blend of tea and tobacco are very similar.

-Elysium

Subtle but sublime...
Such a masterfully composed scent...

Tea, cinnamon, tobacco, woody myrrh, musk and a hint of pepper (maybe the pimento?) all swirling together to form a higher purpose. It's fresh, slightly spicy yet sweet, smooth and classy. Very subtle and calming, but this also makes for an excellent office frag. Also it's rather unique and the closest thing I've smelled must be Lalique's Equus where the woodiness comes from the cedar-like sequioa. Maybe even a tad of Burberry London lurking in the background with the tobaccco/cinnamon combo there.

The only downside of this beatiful scent is the weak projection, really a pity. Definitely sample worthy.
Best All Year Around Fragrance
This fragrance is a real all-rounder. I think you can wear it all year round. The teen note sprays a relaxed atmosphere and I have often heard that I smell very pleasant when I wear the fragrance. This is not a wow effect like some other fragrances, but you do not always want to stand out. Sometimes it's enough if you spray a "pleasant" fragrance that does not aneckt and has a loosening effect

Rquill67
In my top five tea fragrances of all time!
This is one of my top five fragrances for men. Very wearable, and smells niche. I keep raising the back of my hand to my nose to smell this fragrance over and over again. The tea, cinnamon and myrrh stand out and there's nothing else like it on the market today. I believe this one is discontinued so get this from on-line fragrance resellers while you can. Lightly green, ozonic, warm and spicy. Love this one. A "BIG" 10 / 10 for me. You could wear this for any season, event, etc. No limitation on where and when to wear this fragrance!

Chill pill
I am a smoker who wants my cigarette smell to blend with my cologne, instead of fighting them. Gucci Pour Homme II with its Tobacco leaf in the base notes had been intriguing for me as a spring/summer fragrance. I ordered a 10mL sample and the juice has this nice soothing babyblue color. The Bergamot is very short lived in my nose and I get the black tea and Cinnamon right away. The tobacco and musk in the base are subtle and excellently mixed. Another reviewer's description as an ambien or valium resonates with me, Gucci pour Homme II is like a chill pill. Performance, longevity and sillage are not the greatest but this is not an extrovert smell but an introverted one that I find soothing. I like it a lot, but I don't know of an occasion to wear it. I encounter the same issue as I do with Acqua Di Gio Profumo: an excellent mature scent but it's a calming downer. I do not find it elating and often don't reach for the bottle: Profumo I still like to wear on hot summer nights when I want to appear somewhat sharp, but with Gucci Pour Homme II I can only imagine wearing it to calm myself down for a nap in Spring/summer time. I can't think of a good (enough) occasion to wear it and I am not planning on getting this discontinued line.
An old friend
Oh man, I've written this comment several times in my head - so now I'm just typing it in.
With GPH2, what I have to say is quite short: It is an old companion, bought at the time, not used up, given away. Stupid.
10 years and 5 fillings later double the amount in the bottle - completely happy.
And now to the actual: the fragrance is linear and ends where it starts. I smell cherries and taste tea with milk. It's personal between us. The scent sits like a second skin. That's how I want to smell. Definitely
Stylish understatement
Gucci Pour Homme 2 is considered an insider tip. There's also a rumor that he's been hired. That triggered me, of course. So ordered and smiled gratefully after the first sprayer.

It is really very good and as often reported very easy.

Nice blend, very soft. Nice violet, tasty tea. Somehow a Spice Bomb light trimmed for summer.

A personal scent. Pretty close, but I think that's what I wanted, or rather I don't have anything against it with him. Absolute feel-good factor, the tea chord is already refined. It cools in heat and warms in cold.

If you want to achieve more effect, just put some more sprayers on your clothes or use Molecule-Trick-01.

But actually find him just right, the way he floats. An enrichment of my collection. Always goes, doesn't touch, pleases everyone, is unique. A quiet, but rich fragrance, which conveys serious and at the same time sensitive peace and depth to the environment.

If Parfums de Marly would nischifizieren this smell, then I jump however naturally in the triangle. One can only hope..
Luxery66
A very beautiful fragrance, but ...
I can join most of the previous speakers, it's really a very nice fragrance.
When spraying you notice the bergamot and if you let the scent take effect, tobacco leaf, white musk and curl come out quite clearly I find.
The thing that bothers me about this fragrance is its short shelf life. I have the impression that after one or two hours the fragrance has almost completely disappeared. Questions in my environment have confirmed this.
Since I find the fragrance composition nevertheless very beautiful, I always have a small filling with me to add.

Conclusion: A beautiful woody spicy fragrance for the summer and despite its short shelf life in my collection.

Gucci pour Homme I High School Edition
Gucci pour Homme II is a pleasant, “generically” elegant and cozy designer fragrance, undoubtedly a tad inferior to Gucci pour Homme I, which shows a completely different (and superior) class and quality. But still, it’s nice. Number II is soft, easy going and to some extent a bit cheap; but it is also without doubts pleasant to wear, and that is always a plus in my book. It is basically built on some features of Gucci pour Homme I (you can feel the same synthetic cedar-incense accord), but all twisted with the silky powderiness of violet, a sweet-fruity tone, slightly creamy-lactonic too, and overall with a brighter and cleaner atmosphere. The tea note is really nice, and together with violet and tobacco creates a fresh (yet warm too), cozy, gentle feel of peaceful and sweet softness, almost plushy, well contrasted by a hint of leather (modern, finished, “posh”) and woody-peppery notes. Incomparable to the hyper-refined, adult, sharp and shady smoky woodiness of Gucci pour Homme I... but as I said, really pleasant and worth the low price. The combination of sweet-fruity notes and “pencil sharpener” cedar reminded me a bit of Balmain’s Carbone. Discreet, yet long-lasting persistence. Nothing groundbreaking, but solid!

6,5-7/10

~ Welcome Gentleman GPHII ~
~ If an understated sophisticated style is the image you project without the need to follow trends then this all-season tasteful tea masterpiece could be for you? If ever there was an example of "less being more" or rather just the perfect amount this is it! GPHII is a fresh and slightly aromatic Gent but also has the perfect hint of spice in his personality coming through. While the violet leaf opens the visit with a slightly sweet hello the cinnamon offers just the right amount of interest and softly spoken conversation to be a welcome guest in his subtle sillage. The pleasant stay of sipping tea ends with a hint of tobacco from his pipe and the woody notes waving good-bye leaving the host and all that have made his acquaintance quite satisfied.

Kind Regards, Plat ~

Shams4lifeShams4life 2 months ago
This is a ture VERSATILE , Addictive, Works anytime everywhere, Long lasting ~ I easily get 8 hours projection on skin and 24+ on clothes , Batch 2014
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Perfect for leisure, light, smooth, spicy scent. Slightly green violet leaf, perfectly blended with a relaxing black tea. Woody in the base.
GreMuserGreMuser 2 years ago
Very well blended, I get a lot of black tea and cinnamon, opens very masculine and dry, then it become sweeter but still well balanced.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Like HiM only when the nose is close. In fact it's delicate sparkling black tea. Pretty subtle but projected farther than you recognize.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 2 years ago
I wonder why this fragrance was discontinued when it is so highly rated? Seems to be a no-brainer for Gucci to keep making and selling it.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Tea, cinnamon and tobacco. If I wear it in a hot day, my mind travels to an African savanna and I am smoking a pipe under a baobab tree.
YosYos 4 years ago
Not good. Smells herbal medicinal and old. Threw mine away. Probably THE WORST FRAGRANCE I'VE EVER SMELLED! And I don't say that lightly.
Numcks4fragsNumcks4frags 4 years ago
Valium in a spray bottle. So calming, soothing, contemplative. . .
ElysiumElysium 5 years ago
It is such a lovely scent, a modish and fashionable breakfast tea, bergamot and black tea blend reminds the well known Earl Grey. Delicious!

by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya
by Glosoli
Vielen Dank für euren Besuch, ich freue mich sehr darüber!
by Scottie
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Redpanda
by Redpanda
by MightyMike
by MightyMike
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Blumenblut
by Blumenblut
by Daanv
by Daanv
Gucci Pour Homme II von Gucci - Teehaus² :)
by Taka
by Pharaoh
by Chansn
by Chansn

Popular by Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Moonlight Serenade by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci The Voice of the Snake by Gucci