Guilty Absolute pour Homme 2017

Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci
Guilty Absolute pour Homme is a popular perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2017. The scent is leathery-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Woodleather®, Goldenwood®, Nootka cypress, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 09.04.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jared Leto, photographed by Glen Luchford.

MrPink
The one through the disk boxxer
Gucci Guilty Absolute is for me one of the most polarizing designer fragrances I know!
Moreover, also a strikingly atypical creation of Mr. Morillas, who, besides commissioned work for anyone who pays enough and wants to sell a masspleaser fragrance, is known as THE man for freshies and all-time classics like Acqua di Gio, Light Blue pH and *ahem* Office.

Which made me all the more surprised that such an uncompromising fragrance was created under his leadership. Because GGA is straightforward and directly uffe face. Not particularly complex or with great development (which in turn is typical for Morillas) but that's what makes him so interesting for me. A look at the notes gives a rough idea of where it's going. Vetiver, patchouli, cypress, woodleather and goldenwood - So leathery, woody, earthy. Check. This scent is pure and freshly tanned woody leather to spray on. No more, no less.

When I smell the scent I inevitably have an association with old leather and wood, oddly enough not in a bad way like the old leather lined wooden box in Grandma's attic. Rather, I always have the association of some rocker or other stereotypical do-not-good being coerced by his wife into monthly personal hygiene. His razor on the leather sharpening, on the solid wood table his shoes wixxend and drinking the Jacky directly from the bottle.

For me personally, the fragrance is almost unwearable and have so far also only negative comments received - nevertheless, I like him at times very much, because sometimes, but only sometimes, men like me have a bit of leather deserves, uh like... or so?!

The fragrance is for men who want to stand out, whether positive or negative should not matter to them. For men who want to provoke, or impregnate your leather cowl. For the men who box after 2 bottles of Jacky each of them stupidly comes through the window
Stefanoleng
Honour to whom honour is due
If you look at the comments and reviews on this fragrance. Strikes that there is only black or white. Either the Gucci is mercilessly punished with 1 to 2 points or it is highly praised. There's not much in the middle. It's amazing that this still allows for a relatively good average score of 7.5. I think it's commendable that Gucci has released such an individual fragrance. It probably won't be the biggest commercial success. It made me curious. So off to the department store Müller (opened its perfumery despite lockdown). There was a lonely bottle of the Gucci Guilty Absolute and a tester.
I must confess I immediately fell in love with the fragrance. I have not smelled something like this in designer fragrances for a long time. I immediately bought the 90ml bottle. I wear the fragrance now for 4 days continuously and am still excited. It is cold outside and there is high snow. I am wearing the warmest and softest leather scent I know. Fits great in the winter time. The way this scent smells, it should smell when you get into your brand new Rolls Royce. Finest leather and noblest woods. The dirty and animalic notes that are described here in some comments I do not perceive so. I find the scent soft and elegant. In my perception it is a so-called "skinscent". The projection is already restrained and very subtle after about an hour. The fragrance lies close to the skin and exudes its warm and soft aura. In the drydown, woody and and boozy accents join the leather. But other than that, I would describe the scent as very linear. There is no distinct scent progression. You definitely don't wear this scent for others or to get compliments. This is a fragrance you wear for yourself. By the fact that it only projects softly, I find it very versatile. I wear it now in the cold days even in the office. Gucci has managed to inspire me with the Guilty Absolute. For me, it is the winter fragrance of 2020/2021. I would be happy if more such unique fragrances were released, even if they only appeal to 50% of buyers. We are all looking for something special and individual
Lumberjack
Only dead fish swim with the current
In a world where everyone wears and likes classic "blue" fragrances, which for me smell like any sports shampoo, I feel like a stubborn provocateur when it comes to perfume. After years of trying to follow the mainstream and I like these popular perfumes ala Sauvage, Armani Code and all my colleagues who have been representing the TOP20 in all drugstores for years and have been contributing to a uniform general smell in discos and clubs for years, I have to say that I don't like them and I simply can't wear them
With that the desire grew in me to flow against the current to not be one of these dead fish After TF Tobacco Oud has been my signature fragrance for over a year and the cessation of production has been bothering me for the past 2 months, I have been searching intensively for an alternative "Auf die Fres*e" fragrance.
It should be cheap, but different and provocative.

Already in 2017 I liked GGA, at that time it was too much for me and one wanted to please girls and not scare them away.
This time I dared and tested him intensively on the skin My God, it smells good. Provocative, rough, masculine, just different
For me, GGA is the outlaw among perfumes. Extreme Niche for small money (available for a small 40 Euro for 90ml).
You smell so completely different from the mainstream. There is nothing sweet, fresh or citrusy about this fragrance Just leather, wood and some whiskey and smoke. A fragrance that you have to wear with a lot of self-confidence.

For me just no fragrance for the casual leather jacket and biker boots, that would be too much clichee.
Like TF TO, for me it is a fragrance to wear with a suit, a shirt, or more elegant outfits. You may stone me, but it works fantastically.

This is probably also due to the fact that I live in Eastern Europe and the women here like a lot of masculinity, but the fragrance brought me, as well as TF TO, positive almost in love complements.
For me, an absolute aphrodisiac for a man (25+) with a lot of self-confidence and a certain "aura" of an educated alpha male, a loner who has everything under control, always knows what to do and is a certain gentleman despite his animalistic appearance.
This image of a man, tall, masculine, elegantly dressed, who enters a room and there is a silence of titles, an admiration and awe in the air, that's what a fragrance is. One is provocatively different, but in a not banal white, but well thought-out and elegant
Strong petrol and whisky accord for me the first 15 minutes, which changes into a leathery wood scent and in the next hours loses the leather and is replaced by subtle herbs.

No blind buy, no fragrance for slender low guys with little self-confidence, this fragrance would be as out of place on such a man as CK One is on me.

Pure leather.
Gentlemen, wearable leather perfume. Loud leather at first, but it goes fast. Next, chords of wood combine with herbs and you begin to fall in love with perfume. I get the feeling that it has a citrus in it, although it's not mentioned in the pyramid
ParfumDude
Grandpa's leather jacket meets antique wardrobe
The title may sound strange to negative at first, but in fact it is meant positively to the fullest extent. How this comes about, I try to explain in my little review or personal story about Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme.

My relationship with Guilty Absolute begins, as so often, with a sniffing session in a perfume shop (who can guess which one?), where the bottle falls into my hands more due to boredom than sincere interest, the previous Gucci Guilty labelled Italian provincial fragrances have left me in less marked ecstasy, to put it mildly. So I sprayed a little of the delicious dark brown juice on a tester and held it to my olfactory bulb in rather low anticipation - and a lot from all clouds!
Where I had suspected something between shower gel freshness and synthetic sweetness, leather suddenly came my way! And wood! And something petrol-petrolium-like! I hadn't expected that and I have to say that the scent overwhelmed me a bit at first - animal, leathery, woody and fart dry...that's not a very simple cocktail that Gucci pumped into the bottle
So first of all we looked further, sorted the leather colleague into the category "a little bit bad", went home, end of story. Right? Somehow I couldn't get the scent out of my head and every time I spotted it on a perfume shelf, I just had to smell it again. And again. And again. Until I actually bought it (which, thanks to its apparently rather low popularity, is relatively cheap to find, by the way) and since then I've worn it whenever the weather and the mood permits.

Ok, long story, many words, but how does the biker jacket on the pew do in practice? Actually, less violent than I initially thought. Although it is clearly perceived as a leather-wood scent, it is also pleasantly warm and round and above all - and I really rarely say this about perfumes - quite sexy. It's relatively linear in its scent, but that's not meant negatively here. Durability and sillage are good to very good for me and the reactions of the environment are also visible - all in all a great fragrance for all those who are up for a little adventure in their fragrance cabinet!

Bold masculine leather!
There’s only one fragrance that makes me feel like this one: Fahrenheit! They don’t smell the same but they live in the same neighborhood for sure. Bold, manly, agressive, somehow animalic but bloody awesome. That petrol vibe it´s gorgeous. I think that Fahrenheit it´s a better fragrance and it’s an iconic one, but Alberto Morillas almost made an equal masterpiece with this one. Thank god that a designer brand had the balls to pull this one. Bravo, Gucci. I’m very surprised in good way.
Leather Parfumo Parfumo Leather for beginners
Yesterday I took Guilty Absolute out of the closet again. This fragrance ignited the rocket with one or two others that took my designer fragrance experience beyond known standards to the next level. In the aftermath, and following the reviews here, perhaps a bold choice, Gucci Absolute is no guarantee of favor. But why?

But from the beginning: Now I actually have unintentionally one or the other Morillas creation in my closet and I have to say: Guilty Absolute is an authentic and mass-appealing leather scent for beginners and therefore a wonderful achievement of Mr. Morillas. It is linear, becomes minimally tart, does not overtax anyone. The weak H/S involuntarily takes care of that. Quickly it becomes very close and probably disappointing, if one bathes oneself otherwise in Tuscan Leather.

At first it smells like leather soaked in sweetish alcohol. This smells charming and at no time too strong. For me an absolutely smooth scent without any edges and corners. One stands in a specialty shop for leather goods. Many people like to call such a smell after harsher leather scents but I have to disagree. These scents all smell of leather manufacture where raw, rough components/materials are used. Guilty Absolute is more the leather of the new belt, the pair of leather shoes or the leather bag. These are all pleasing leather scents, the customer doesn't buy leather that smells like a just died animal.

For this reason I cannot share poetry like stale, animalistic and the like. There are completely different candidates and this view can only be due to the fact that you don't know much except designers.
There is not much more to say about the fragrance, it doesn't have many nuances and is characterized by the authentically scented trademark ingredients. At most the vetiver as wingman is recognizable, the artificial wood has also been degraded to supporter.

That's why Guilty Absolute is the first step into the world of leather; if this is too much or too animalistic for you, other leather scents are probably even worse for you. If you like this but find it too smooth, you can move on
Hit the drum, my friend
Guilty Absolute pour Homme does not belong to the fabric softeners or even pale fragrances. Leather is really special and rich, but very well embedded in pleasantly cheeky spice, wood, smoke and light oriental sweetness. In this case the sweet touch doesn't spoil anything (I'm not a sugar fan), but rather rounds off and intensifies the silage. This combination therefore has an animalistic and seductive effect and has a certain dominance. If GA wouldn't be a bit sweetish, it would probably be quite violent and borderline. Comparable in the effect of a N°. XXII - Black Afghan.

If I was an animal, I'd have put my badge on it and staked out the territory. The Sillage is powerful and signals to other males, an alpha male is coming. In the realm of humans, this creation will surely be a bit of a nuisance or you just fall in love with it. With a smile I lean out of the window and say that you submit to him. Well, these are just my feelings and associations
By the way, I could also imagine this scent on an alpha female in isolated cases, but I do not give it the label "unisex". Statements such as "granny's old leather bag", "50s bag" or "patch leather" fit the bill and resonate clearly. Unique selling proposition in the leather district and an animal dominance would be my summary of an exotic men's fragrance

A manly and bold winner
I own and love Gucci Guilty Intense which is a very safe and crowd pleasing release but in the opposite side of the spectrum we have Guilty Absolute with even better results.

Guilty Absolute is bold, it doesn't care about trends or what's fashionable, it's by no means a fragrance for the younger folks. Absolute just doesn't care what's hot and what's not in fact it is almost certain to upset a lot of people and that's the beauty of it.

I found it at a local store, for some reason I was drawn to the tester and sampled it and it blew my mind. Such a realistic leather accord masterfully blended with gorgeous Vetiver, Woods and even a touch of Cypress so I took it home but that's not the end of it, next day I tested it again on skin and it is even better! Paper does NO justice what so ever to Absolute!

Scent is great, longevity is off the charts, sillage is moderate (which is fine, you don't want to be loud with this one) so yes, this is a 'Love' for me
Benedikt2019
...Granny's old leather bag in the grab bag down the hall from the front door...
Actually I almost don't like Gucci fragrances, they are mostly very unbalanced, often too sweet Diso-Pumper fragrances (especially the newer ones!). They usually lack any charm or recognizable independence. That's how I felt about Gucci until a perfume review brought this one to my attention. A fragrance was praised that was supposed to have niche quality and captivated by its uniqueness in the leather fragrance segment. Those were big words and since I appreciate leather scents - just think of the incredible Ombre Leather by Tommy - I thought, a blind purchase can't hurt.

No sooner said than done, Gucci arrived... (in the pre-Christmas business at a ridiculous price!)

The bottle:
What can you say... miserable, cheap, lid comes off hard, OVP looks like from the drugstore. All in all a better flask, which one prefers to place at the very back of the fragrance shelf so that viewers are not startled or begin to doubt the competence of the collector. Sorry for the harsh words, but appearance seems to play a role in perfume after all :P

The test:
Oha! After the first spraying it was already more than clear that it was a leather scent. And what a guy, not a clean-cool biker like Tom Ford's, not an elegant rocker and seducer, no a dirty-dirty guy is this one. What you get under your nose is old, ancient leather that has been properly registered and that has been so for years. And that's all you smell for a while. Leather, leather and leather again. My mother said quite aptly: "It smells like my mother's old green leather handbag that is lying in our grab basket! And I must say, she's right. There's actually something a bit granny-eyed about it, if you know what I mean? But it's also overly masculine. Consequently, it has a clear unique selling point on the leather fragrance market that you have to like. But the Gucci then loses this slight "mustiness" of the old leather as it progresses and what remains is a beautiful, soft leather accord underscored by subtle (really very subtle!) woods. For me almost no leathery-woody, but only a leather scent. It could also be a fragrance spray for leather goods stalls at the market or department store. Oh, well, the good guy doesn't change much
Durability and Sage:
Good! It is a real power pack that polarizes on just over an arm's length for about 3-4 hours and then retreats. It stays on the skin for a good 8 hours. So that's where you get your money's worth.

Who wears something like that? Well, you, if you're into real, dirty old leather and want a leather scent that's truly authentic, down to the last detail. It is also something for you if you like fragrances that manage to evoke memories of days and times gone by. One thinks of fragrances like Timbuktu or the wonderful Burberry Touch. It also fits perfectly with the leather jacket and is perfect to wear in autumn or winter. However, I think it is more of a fragrance for the 30 Plus. He might look wrong underneath. As a wearer you would also have to accept that some people don't even perceive it as a fragrance, because it is so natural that, paired with a leather jacket, it probably ensures that you will be attracted to the good-smelling jacket :D All in all, I would advise you to test the fragrance beforehand, as it is already very special! After all, it's everywhere
CONCLUSION: Gucci offers upscale leather fragrance with high niche quality in a ghastly garment!

MeneeixMeneeix 1 month ago
The best quality leather price I have ever smelled, Complex perfume not for everyone with an oil leather. Refrain young.
GolcherGolcher 1 year ago
If you come across Guilty Absolute and wanna try it test it on skin, paper strips don't make it justice
MeursaultMeursault 1 year ago
Greasy leather. Strong, rugged and masculine. It reminds me of the smell of an old car workshop. Not versatile, but has charisma.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Car mechanic workshop smell. Burned oil & gasoline. Masculine and sexy with good longevity but not a compliments catcher
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
Absolute beast! This scent won't be for all. Invigorating & intensely leathery, the longest lasting frag I've tried. Dare to be different!
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
Half way between a linear scent and an evolutionary one, is leaded by dark leather, followed by patchouli and finished by woods & vetiver.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Warm, leathery, round, perfect in autumn . A classy but modern scent to wear in the free time as well as at the office because not heavy
AromaXAromaX 3 years ago
An intimate close to skin scent what you might smell under a worn out leather jacket on a bare male skin.
Rmf1112Rmf1112 4 years ago
Warm slightly spiced supple leather. Shockingly good compared to most releases.

by EauMySoul
by Whadelse89
by Cozzin
by Cozzin

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom Nettare di Fiori by Gucci