Guilty Absolute pour Homme 2017

Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci
Guilty Absolute pour Homme is a popular perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2017. The scent is leathery-woody. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Coty.

Woodleather® Goldenwood® Nootka cypressNootka cypress PatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 24.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jared Leto, photographed by Glen Luchford.

grotesque
What a surreal story.

My first thoughts were:
-rain filled ashtray
-used transmission oil
-a dirty leather jacket

Create a scene in your head by these circumstances. My brain actually blew up.
This one sticks out of Gucci’s crowd so hard, and even unexpected from Morillas, I didn’t know ‘this side’ of him until now. What a positive disappointment.

To be honest, this scent is not for everyone and not for every occasion.
I can’t decide if I am able to wear it. Or better to say will it fit me or not.
Worth a try!

No trespassing
After I've spent some time with it I've decided to share a few words.
Gucci Guilty Absolute, a fragrance that still reminds me of how a true gentleman should smell like. Bold, aggresive, smoky, leathery, woody. Yeah, burnt rubber, burnt tar, woody/smoky burnt leather, gasoline kind of smell. Name it however you want. The quality will remain the same to my nose. A mature refined gentleman, wearing a suit or a long coat in the winter time. A fragrance for the elite hunters.
A true beauty to have in your collection. For me, the burnt leather/gasoline/woody aspect remain for the reminder of the wearing, getting softer and softer as the hours are passing. That vibe of gasoline doesn't bother me at all. I think the depth of this fragrance is about a lot more than just a burnt off-putting smell, that many people are complaining about.
Performance ? Easily checked. At least 8 hours with a noticeable projection also. I love the design of the bottle and the color of the liquid inside. I am wearing this for the colder days and I am really enjoying it. I really don't care about other 's opinion, this will always be a beauty in my eyes/heart.

Overall : 8.25/10

Sometimes The Art Is In The Subtlety
I am in the middle of an ancient village, one where you can breathe medieval air. I go down the stairs that lead me into the basement. There is a half-open door. I enter, and I am immediately surrounded by an aseptic air, which smells preservative. I see on the walls a series of shelves filled with dark brown glass bottles, similar to those once used for storing pharmaceutical iodine liquids. Perhaps one of them has recently shattered. The smell of the pharmaceutical-like odour is pungent. A vast, old, damp wooden table is in the centre of the room. On its surface lie stacked several splits of all sorts of animal skins. Raw leather, wet-white or wet-blue, from calf, buffalo and cow. Maybe this place was an old tannery. The atmosphere is dense and crowded but not stuffy or annoying. Indeed, the mixture of medicinal, wood, and leather smells creates a perfume that is anything but obnoxious. These are the sensations that the images take shape in my mind when I smell Guilty Absolute.

I recently came across the Guilty Absolute pour Femme perfume, which pleasantly blew me away. Despite being intended for a female audience, a male audience that does not cease at the initial fruity and floral accords can also wear very well the perfume. And I am talking about berries and dark blooms, and the rose is just a hint. It's not as tough as Guilty Absolute pour Homme, but it manifests those cough syrup undertones that remind me of my beloved Joop! Homme Eau de Toilette, to give you an idea. But, apart from this excursus, my intention here is to tell you something about Absolute, a masterpiece that immediately kidnapped my soul and that was kindly given to me as a birthday present a few years ago. So, Absolute is so dreadful, an explosive bomb full of woody, leathery, animalic, earthy and smoky accords. This scent is dry, with no sweetness. It has the same intensity and opulence as oud-based perfumes, while not containing any trace of oud: could it be the custom-made Woodleather ™, a molecule isolated from the rare and precious Oud oil?
Regarding the scent, Absolute is purposely linear, and its structure doesn't change much with development and tends to stay the same all the time. It's far from common designer trends, and if you smell it knowing nothing, you might think of something niche. It doesn't contain many ingredients but only focuses on the toughest, woody and earthy tones. So, it wouldn't surprise me to read that it's anything but a crowd-pleaser.

Absolute announces itself with a peaty and incisive bouquet, almost phenolic, and at the same time, I perceive its sensuality. It reminds me a lot of those places where the atmosphere is full of medicinal smells, but also that smoky cloud that surrounds you when you smell an excellent peaty whiskey, my favourite kind of scotch whiskey. At first, it can be scary, especially imagining it by reading my impressions. Still, I assure you that it works, and it is this almost aseptic smokiness gives Absolute this semblance of a niche. So, it may sound a little creepy, but it doesn't bother me at all. I guess the smoky, resinous aroma is due to cypress, here in a species called Nootka Tree, which features grapefruit undertones and sour currant smells, woody and resinous, of course, with leathery and amber-rich accents. And the leathery look is already there, lingering in the background.

The initial burst calms down quickly, and a more woody accord continues through the scent development and hints of leather and incense are combined. The leather is quite dark and soft, relatively restrained, and is much less direct and robust than other famous leathery-centred colonies. At this stage, the perfume is very magnetic for me. I find myself sniffing my wrist, or the cork of the bottle if I have it close at hand, repeatedly during this phase.

At the bottom, a characteristic shade of vetiver takes shape, which is salty, smoky and dark that hatches, intensifying the chemical and phenolic atmosphere and increasing the leathery one and projecting an element of warm vegetation, giving relief from the harshness. As Absolute dries, it clears without betraying the overall aroma, becoming more and more transparent until only a shade of peat smoke remains, that smoky veil that eventually remains in the now empty whiskey glass. I get some weaker patchouli in the bottom, but it's not prominent. It gives it a slight earthiness, but it's not spicy, chocolaty or minty, just a little dirty.

Ultimately, regardless of its linear peculiarity, for me, it is a spicy and smooth alcoholic skin that glides into dark smoky vetiver and rests on a dry base of patchouli and wood. Dark, warm, comforting and mysterious. I can't think of any mainstream designer perfume that smells like this. It's not too strong. It sits close to the skin but strong enough to stay with me most of the day. I would recommend wearing it in autumn and winter, discreet enough and suitable for the office. It has a medium yield on my skin, not bestial, lasts a long time but casts weakly.

I base the review on a 50ml bottle I have owned since June 2017.

-Elysium
Lighter fluid
The bottle is reminiscent of a hip flask, and the kissiness of a long-aged cognac. But that was it then already.

The fragrance starts indefinably fresh + sparkling, but immediately turns into a biting smoky note that fades quite quickly despite the intensity. My first association was lighter fuel.

Since the Gucci has gone to Coty / P&G, great fragrance favorites were taken out of the range or greatly reduced + reformulated, and what has been re-released for both women and men, is a single disaster.
Arbitrary fragrance garbage, no matter whether there is Gucci, Boss, Jil Sander, Escada or D&G draufsteht.

Perfect !!
I will get to the heart of the matter.
I will not recommend this perfume to everyone because it is not easy to wear.
That said it suits me very well.
It's nice to see a perfume with such powerful smells, but without being overwhelming for the wearer.
In other words it is a wonderful scent.
I had managed to get a sample in perfumery, and i fell in love...
A beautiful "medicinal" leather scent.
It won't suit many of you who won't consider it a regular scent.
It's very tough, dark, smoky, daring, unconventional fragrance.
Certainly not a sweet scent.
I do not recommend it at all to young people who are new to the world of fragrances.
Top notes mainly include leather.
The heat is made from patchouli and the base captures the goldwood and vetiver.
Created using a particular blend with a structure that remains unchanged since its first application on the skin, the leather accord and the goldwood are mixed with the natural extract of Nootka cypress, specially selected for this Guilty Absolute.
The resulting scent features dry woody notes.
The composition of the fragrance is intensified with three forms of patchouli oil and earthy vetiver.
Exceptional longevity and huge sillage.
In other words, it's heavy !!
It's powerful, it lasts a very long time...
Between 8 and 10 hours on me.
Small advice: Do not have a heavy hand at the risk of seeing those around you suffocate... You have been warned in advance.
To give you an idea of ​​the smell of this Guilty Absolute, it smells like the worker coming home from the factory.
It reminds me of sawdust, grease, machine tools covered with metal shavings, or the auto repair shop.
Buy as many as you can, as it will soon be difficult to get hold of.
Conclusion: A perfume of a great class, powerful, but not for everyone.
Test it before buying it blindly i recommend it.
For me it is a total success, but by no means recommendable to beginners as with sensitive noses.
With this Guilty Absolute it's not very complicated.
You will love it or hate it.
My rating: 9/10

Leather shoes
Leather with cypress smells like a new shoebox, a very masculine linear fragrance. Niche quality designer, commercial failure in its day but a very interesting fragrance... Created by Alberto Morillas for me it is in his top-3.
If you like leather I think it is something that you should have in your collection, it does not project too much but its duration is good around 8-10 hours

Solid Scent
Guilty Absolute Pour Homme isn’t that challenging. It opens a bit medicinal, followed by a realistic leather. It’s not too animalistic. Woody and the vetiver come later. It’s well blended but lacks scent development. 6+ hours longevity, and moderate projection. This scent is bold and perfect to show “who’s the boss here”

I would wear this on formal occasions to give a statement. A solid release from Gucci. Sadly this gem rumored has been discontinued.

Eletus
Leather intrepid, industrial, flat and robust
I can't believe that Alberto Morillas is behind this fragrance and has dared so much to break traditional watery, woody notes. It is difficult to understand this gem, here the leather is the real protagonist, it is rough, raw, not animalic, intrepid, industrial, flat and robust, there are no notes that truly highlight its composition to make it shine and take it to a splendor of mystery, of seduction. This fragrance resembles the solvents used in saddlery for the treatment of leather, if it remains on the clothes gives the feeling of having passed a cloth with liquid varsol giving that feeling of petroleum hydrocarbons, is completely linear and does not present any evolution, I would have liked more prominence of cypress, also vetiver to push towards the herbal or perhaps a citrus note in its top or in its base.
I would have liked a bit more of cypress, also vetiver to push towards the herbal or perhaps a citrus note in the top or in the middle, this would have given it the twist needed to make it more bearable.

So don't expect any compliments because to wear this misunderstood one needs character and to be confident. I gave it a chance but I couldn't, it gave me olfactory fatigue, I'm really sorry don Alberto M, I'll stick with other more wearable and interesting leather fragrances like Tuscan Leather, La Yuquawam Pour Home, Acqua di Parma Leather, Saharian Wind, Aoud Leather Montale.

For collectors buy a bottle because it is on sale and has become difficult to obtain.

Aroma : 8 (for its different note of Industrial leather)
Longevity: 8
Projection: 8
Versatility: 2
Feminine Olfactory Perception : 1
Total : 5,4 / 10

Tiens!
Leprince069
The adventurer with broken motorcycle and oil on his fingers
For a Gucci Guilty variation surprisingly masculine and leathery. Rather an outdoor fragrance that radiates movement, adventurousness and masculinity for me. This fragrance is definitely leathery and also "dirty". At this point, you don't imagine a freshly showered gentleman who is about to throw on his threads. But rather the worker, the mechanic, the bearded guy who immediately rattles through the mud with the Café Racer. Rather the man, who thunders the next load of gravel onto the trailer with a white undershirt and a scoop. The durability is quite good, the charisma too. For the now quite reasonable price not so bad choice, if you just know what to expect. Would recommend him rather from 30 +
Authentic leather ... delicious
This is the third time I've gotten around to writing a review. Actually, I have nothing to add to the previous speakers. Two times when I wanted to write something, wanted to share, I thought. Oh no, it was really all said.
But I have recently tested many of my bottlings. Just yesterday and today of which I also had to place an order directly. But, .... BUT ... at the end of the day, here I sit.
I bought myself a bottle of the scent. Filled me directly something, when I am working or studying and I want to sniff a fragrance, Guilty is next to me. Totally happy after my tested perfume, I was sitting at my desk again. I see the Guilty bottling, am happy about it, smell it. Mhhhh.
Simply delicious. My environment has already made me aware of the fragrance. Why do I smell so funny, it smells somehow like a cow barn or fertilizer.
I'm sitting here, ready to go to sleep, wrapped in Guilty. I don't smell cow steel or manure.

I smell leather. Leather, which might not be associated with black patent leather shoes. But rather leather the color of conagc. Outside Smooth but matt. Inside it had rather the Aufgeraute strucktur. Maybe a little like the old leather backpacks in rectangle format.

I can not really perceive the patchouli, all other fragrance notes, I can also say nothing to, but I think the main role here plays the Woodleather. The fragrance runs totally linear. When I spray the scent on my hand in the evening, I can still detect the Woodleather in the morning. However, the scent decreases, it is noticeable but faint. Mainly in the morning I perceive a kind of spiciness that I would describe as peppery.
The scent lasts length, yet all the while I was looking for a scent after I was just as addicted, a scent that would stay just as consistently dirty to me, a scent with maybe more depth and something more complex and even more lasting or more sillage.
I searched, asked a lot of perfumas that have a lot of leather scents, tried a lot of scents that smell like Guilty.

But honestly, none have been there yet. I was allowed to get to know many leather fragrances (thanks to the Parfumas) which are good and which I will also still get. But none was like Guilty.
Finally, I got to try the similar scent from Kilian - Dark Lord. The opening of both actually resemble each other. But also only for a minute. Where Guilty is totally linear, the scent of Kilian is really very complex and changes. After a few minutes, the scents no longer have any similarity for me.
I'm not saying that the Kilian fragrance is bad because of that, no not at all. I think he is society more suitable. Not a crowdpleaser, but... perhaps more pleasant for other noses than the Guilty.
I find the Guilty really tasty and he has a very own character than I was allowed to smell so far. He smells delicious, you can not ignore the fragrance, he is present and shows totally confident that he is there.
Who wants authentic leather, dir well served here, but should bring a portion of healthy self-confidence.

According to the motto: If he is too strong, you are too weak.

Good night

BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
A slightly animalic leather with earthy patchouli. There is cypress and vetiver, woody, smoky, and a touch of amber. Manly and unique.
DinoRDinoR 3 months ago
Modern-day Fahrenheit, enough said. Masterpeace that will be valued properly more and more as time goes.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
Rough edgy, smoke and motor oil. Smells like the workshop from a friend of mine. Very hard to wear but props to gucci for this release
PauloViegasPauloViegas 5 months ago
There's something quite kinky in this one. A dry, slightly animalistic leather that can leave you without any sensitive friends.
Love it!
ElysiumElysium 6 months ago
A spicy and smooth boozy leather that glides into dark smoky vetiver and rests on a dry base of patchouli and wood. Dark, warm, comfy.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 7 months ago
A fragrance in which leather and patchouli notes predominate. Vetiver gives that mysterious, smoky look of it. Very good!
GreMuserGreMuser 8 months ago
I feel a lot of dirty leather, mixed with the smell of the stable, very linear, only for leather lovers.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 9 months ago
It is DARK. Very heavy tar/grease/leather. Do not spray if you don't know what you're doing. Could totally be a niche fragrance
MatuxMatux 9 months ago
An updated take on leather - dark, astringent, acrid, woody. The 2010's version of classics from the 1970's (i.e. Yatagan).
InbnkInbnk 10 months ago
This perfume is all about leather and wood. Nice gentleman feel. Elegant and nifty.

by EauMySoul
by Stere
by Cozzin
by Cozzin

Popular by Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci The Voice of the Snake by Gucci