Guilty Absolute pour Homme (2017)

Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci
Guilty Absolute pour Homme (Gucci)

Guilty Absolute pour Homme is a perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2017. The scent is leathery-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Woodleather®, Goldenwood®, Nootka cypress, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.01.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jared Leto, photographed by Glen Luchford.

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Absolutely gorgeous manly scent leading Gucci recent (r)evolution
A turmoil has been taking place at Gucci after the appointment of a new creative director, Alessandro Michele, two years ago. In the fragrances department a handful of women perfumes, along no less than fourteen Gucci scents in The Alchemist's Garden unisex niche line, have been launched after Guilty Absolute pour Homme.
We also saw new sequin neck bow ties, serpent embroidered dinner jackets and fur-lined Gucci loafers. Just like in Gucci other collections, we may see a mix of messages behind the new men scent that is probably the banner of the Gucci new winds of change. The woodleather ingredient is an homage to the ultimate Gucci materials, while the flask is finished with details inspired by the beauty lounge line and the liquid is the colour of manly cigars and cognac.
You might not instantly recognise the work Alberto Morillas as it is far from its traditional creations. Morillas defined the Gucci Guilty Absolute scent with two leading notes: Woodleather® and Goldenwood®.
- Woodleather is an obvious tribute to the House’s leather making roots, and a rare type of the common leather note.
- Goldenwood is a new natural extract of the Nootka Cypress. While conducting researches in the Royal Botanical Gardens’ Archive, Morillas came across the Goldenwood ingredient, and selected it specially for this fragrance. The resulting scent features deep ultra-dry woody leather scented manly notes.
Vetiver has also been chosen for the fresh and earthy smell, while three forms of Patchouli oils are used to intensify the overall scent.
The fragrance is half way between a linear scent, and an evolutionary fragrance leaded by leather, followed by patchouli and finished by a woody/vetiver scent.
The bottle is a stylish upgrade from the best-selling classic Guilty fragrances. The flask is smooth almost sleazy simple, and the glass is transparent and finished with a shiny black cap. The packaging is a military brown coloured, featuring black interlocking Gs.
Seen from the atemptive enthusiast angle, nothing seems to have been left at random in what concerns scent and style.
Performance is very good in deed - another novelty in Alberto Morillas work - with up to ten hours of longevity, applying three sprays, and a sillage good enough for five feet with two and an half hours of projection.

Guilty Absolute pour Homme is, to date, the last Gucci perfume only for men. It is also the last but one edition of the Guilty line because Guilty Oud is a new unisex oud fragrance and was released in 2018. Aparently Guilty Oud follows the same style trend initiated with Guilty Absolute pour Homme.
I really love and recommend this still new Gucci Absolute Scent. Are we going to witness the come back of bold Gucci perfumes like Gucci I and Envy?
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Maybe a little too much?
In contrast, Terre d´Hermes is almost a mild breeze.
Should actually only be called *Leather Extreme*! Careful dosing is the order of the day. Durability was with me loosely with 15 hours Top quality, but Mr. Morillas lets unfortunately
of the leather. Other is hardly recognizable.
Some women ( or men ) will certainly like it, but others will also
be somewhat stringing.
Despite everything a completely independent, high-quality scent.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
one punch mickey
Sooo... I haven't posted anything on parfumo in a while. To be honest gab´s also no new release in the last 2-3 years which caused my humble self to give my mustard to it. Now it's time. Well, even with the GGA (=Gucci Guilty Absolute) I probably wouldn't write anything, but I got the fragrance 2 days ago as a gift from my brother. And by mistake.
It's like this (there's no umlaut a people on my keyboard :) so I always write with ae) that unlike most of you here I'm into the original Gucci Guilty. The scent is just good for me. Simply the fragrance and the whole package with bottle, color, packaging, Chris Evans, hairy chest etc. I know the commercials achieved what they wanted ;)
Tja my Brother went to the perfumery and wanted to buy with the Guilty Intense, instead he bought the Absolute, as gesgat by mistake. He gave me the bag, I took out the pack and lo and behold, it was a brown pack instead of black. I knew what that meant because I had already tested the Gucci Absolute. Not even on the paper tire, let alone on my hand, but only briefly sniffed at the spray head. Exactly that was enough for me :)

Booom...like a punch from One Punch Mickey alias Brad Pitt in the movie classic "Snatch Pigs and Diamonds" by Guy Ritchie. Who knows the film (I hope everyone, otherwise watch it the same, that is cult) knows what I mean. You have to take a breath after the first sniff. The new Gucci (Ok, he's not soo new either) kicks your socks off. But above all, I believe that this is due to the fact that these days men's fragrances are no longer produced, except perhaps in niche markets. It doesn't have anything sweet or fresh about it like 99% of all men's fragrances nowadays. He just smells pitiless... MAN. Maybe to much?

Hmm, definitely not for everyone. Smells very strong leather, and definitely suitable for autumn and winter.
That's why I didn't test on the skin in the first place. That was just too much for me.

Well and exactly this one I got from my little brother :) He didn't have the bill anymore, they said from his mouth. Therefore I had no choice but to tear away the outer foil and immediately give a sprayer on the back of my hand. Well, it turned out shortly afterwards that he still had the bill. What a theater.

I've had the scent for 2 days now and I have to say..I can't stop smelling on the back of my hand.
Oh yes, the scents on my skin smell the same as on a strip of paper. So nothing there with scent development and so on. But I must say this Gucci is doing quite well on my skin. He's getting a little softer. Not as extreme as a bottle. He's getting a little tamer. But just something. But that's enough for me. So it's portable for me. But this initial force of the fragrance is quickly lost again. Would wish me a longer shelf life and a slightly better Sillage.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to autumn ;) With a leather jacket and my suede boots it will fit so well. So rather to a rougher clothing style.
But I think it would also fit very well to a suit and coat. However, I always associate brown leather with the scent (brown leather jacket, brown leather boots). Probably due to the color of the perfume.
You all know Gaultier's "Ulta Male"... Ultra Male :D ..must always grin at the name, because it doesn't match the fragrance at all. Gaultier's Ultra Male is pretty feminine. The term "ultra male" has nothing to do with that, but all right. Advertising. What I'm saying is, THE GUCCI HERE, that deserves that name. I mean come on people, this scent from Gucci is testosterone high 10. I feel with my 30 years old with the scent equal to 5 years older. It radiates masculinity and maturity. I'm sure that this Gucci is exactly what most of the people behind you are doing on the street.

On the other hand, he splits the spirits. Maybe some of them will change sides as well. It's not something you like to see. Not that this has already happened to me :D But I imagine kann´s.

As described I wasn't enthusiastic about the Guilty Absolute in the beginning, but it only took 2 days to learn to love him. I'd like to say that he smells very high quality. For me, then. I've already read the opposite here. But for me it seems very natural.

Flacon, color of the brew, packaging...for me everything is a feast for the eyes at this product. And the best part is, he'll never be mainstream, since I'm pretty sure.

And finally...if movies could smell, "Snatch" would clearly smell like Gucci Guilty Absolute, with its plot and all its characters. Especially One Punch Mickey, Turkish & Frankie "fucking" four fingers.

In the end it was a positive mistake ;)
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme
A niche-like fragrance from a designer house? I am loving this!

For the longest time I have been tired of designer perfume houses playing it safe with the same old fresh and bland crap fragrances that they have been inundating consumers with. Gucci's new director is like a breath of fresh air for the designer fragrance industry.

Guilty Absolute is a wonderful and satisfying linear masculine leather fragrance that will last all day on your skin and at least a week on your clothes!

If you like fresh and safe fragrances, go elsewhere. If you like a different or avant garde leather fragrance, this is for you.

A solid 10/10
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme Review
This is my Gucci Guilty Absolute Review video. Picked up a bottle of Gucci Guilty on the day our San Francisco Gucci boutique started selling it and have been wearing it and enjoying the scent very much. I must say Gucci Guilty Absolute is not an original scent because I’ve actually smelled Gucci Guilty Absolute somewhere in the past. Possibly from a niche perfume release somewhere I'm thinking. I most likely saw Vetiver in the notes and gave it a chance. So I love Vetiver in fragrances but I can’t remember what that fragrance was. Bummer. But for a designer release Gucci Guilty Absolute is a very unique scent and I’m happy Gucci is making a comeback and releasing more bolder fragrances. As mentioned in the video this is my first Gucci fragrance in ages. The last fragrance I bought from Gucci was Gucci Pour Homme 2 GPH2 but I bought GPH2 much after when it was launched and the hype had died down as it is a pretty great release. But the last real Gucci release I bought was Gucci Rush back in 2001/2002 and Guccy Envy back in 1999 and 2000. Everything after that I dismissed until now with Gucci Guilty Absolute. Watch my video to find out more about Gucci Guilty Absolute. Thank you.

From a cowshed to a leather jacket
What can you find in a bottle:

* On a blotter it opens with a civet-like note which is almost shocking. Something rather to expect within a niche range of perfumes than in a mainstream scent. Camels, horses and cowsheds may come into the mind, though oud is not mentioned here. But on the skin it becomes less zoo-like and brings warm and sensual depth into the fragrance.
* An intimate close to skin scent what you might smell under a worn out leather jacket on a bare male skin. The jacket seems to keep the history of its wearer. Just a few nuances like mineral notes of oil and gasoline or residues of modern fougère perfumes and woody scents ingrained into leather.
* A very comforting warm and dry woody base.
* A slightly metallic aromatic vibe recognizable from many modern masculine fougère fragrances.

Some facts:

Woodleather® is a new Firmenich captive with an oud scent profile. Also used in “Original Oud” by Mizensir, the fragrance project by Alberto Morillas.

Goldenwood® is another Firmenich captive. As long as it’s under patent protection (as well as Woodleather®), not much information will be revealed.

Nootka cypress (also known as Alaskan Cedarwood) is a conifer growing in the Northwest Rainforest area. Firmenich describes the smell of Cedarwood Alaska essential oil as “sparkling with a fresh and breezy grapefruit crisp due to its Nootkatene and Nootkatone content (grapefruit odorants)”and “less camhoraceous and smoky, but stronger, longer lasting and more linear than the regular Cedarwood oil”.
Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Strong Silent Fellow
This is one of those rare scents that is bold without being loud or brash. I would describe this scent as rather muted, you get a leather-like, hydrocarbon and some green aroma all at once.

One of the first images that this great juice brought to mind was the inside of an old pick-up my father owned that held various items such as tools and dirty mechanic's rags. I only have a decant right now but am looking at getting a full bottle though I will say that even though it's an EDP it is a bit on the weak side. Life span on my skin is okay and projection is too so if your skin is the type that soaks it up you might go heavy on application.

Every once in a while I think I catch a whiff of "greenery", maybe the cypress? Most of the time you got a great leather that isn't trying so hard to get noticed.

AmberScent 43 hours ago
Half way between a linear scent and an evolutionary one, is leaded by dark leather, followed by patchouli and finished by woods & vetiver.+1
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 8.0
Longevity 9.0
Scent 9.0
Jazzy76 131 days ago
Warm, leathery, round, perfect in autumn . A classy but modern scent to wear in the free time as well as at the office because not heavy+2
Bottle 7.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 8.0
AromaX 14 months ago
An intimate close to skin scent what you might smell under a worn out leather jacket on a bare male skin.+4
Rmf1112 24 months ago
Warm slightly spiced supple leather. Shockingly good compared to most releases.+5
Bottle 8.0

• by Euz by Euz
  • by Whadelse89 by Whadelse89
  • by Cozzin by Cozzin

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Bloom by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Gucci by Gucci Sport pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum II by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci