Guilty Absolute pour Homme 2017

Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci
Guilty Absolute pour Homme is a popular perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2017. The scent is leathery-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Woodleather®
Goldenwood®
Nootka cypressNootka cypress
PatchouliPatchouli
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 13.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jared Leto, photographed by Glen Luchford.

Leather shoes
Leather with cypress smells like a new shoebox, a very masculine linear fragrance. Niche quality designer, commercial failure in its day but a very interesting fragrance... Created by Alberto Morillas for me it is in his top-3.
If you like leather I think it is something that you should have in your collection, it does not project too much but its duration is good around 8-10 hours

Solid Scent
Guilty Absolute Pour Homme isn’t that challenging. It opens a bit medicinal, followed by a realistic leather. It’s not too animalistic. Woody and the vetiver come later. It’s well blended but lacks scent development. 6+ hours longevity, and moderate projection. This scent is bold and perfect to show “who’s the boss here”

I would wear this on formal occasions to give a statement. A solid release from Gucci. Sadly this gem rumored has been discontinued.

Eletus
Leather intrepid, industrial, flat and robust
I can't believe that Alberto Morillas is behind this fragrance and has dared so much to break traditional watery, woody notes. It is difficult to understand this gem, here the leather is the real protagonist, it is rough, raw, not animalic, intrepid, industrial, flat and robust, there are no notes that truly highlight its composition to make it shine and take it to a splendor of mystery, of seduction. This fragrance resembles the solvents used in saddlery for the treatment of leather, if it remains on the clothes gives the feeling of having passed a cloth with liquid varsol giving that feeling of petroleum hydrocarbons, is completely linear and does not present any evolution, I would have liked more prominence of cypress, also vetiver to push towards the herbal or perhaps a citrus note in its top or in its base.
I would have liked a bit more of cypress, also vetiver to push towards the herbal or perhaps a citrus note in the top or in the middle, this would have given it the twist needed to make it more bearable.

So don't expect any compliments because to wear this misunderstood one needs character and to be confident. I gave it a chance but I couldn't, it gave me olfactory fatigue, I'm really sorry don Alberto M, I'll stick with other more wearable and interesting leather fragrances like Tuscan Leather, La Yuquawam Pour Home, Acqua di Parma Leather, Saharian Wind, Aoud Leather Montale.

For collectors buy a bottle because it is on sale and has become difficult to obtain.

Aroma : 8 (for its different note of Industrial leather)
Longevity: 8
Projection: 8
Versatility: 2
Feminine Olfactory Perception : 1
Total : 5,4 / 10

Tiens!
Leprince069
The adventurer with broken motorcycle and oil on his fingers
For a Gucci Guilty variation surprisingly masculine and leathery. Rather an outdoor fragrance that radiates movement, adventurousness and masculinity for me. This fragrance is definitely leathery and also "dirty". At this point, you don't imagine a freshly showered gentleman who is about to throw on his threads. But rather the worker, the mechanic, the bearded guy who immediately rattles through the mud with the Café Racer. Rather the man, who thunders the next load of gravel onto the trailer with a white undershirt and a scoop. The durability is quite good, the charisma too. For the now quite reasonable price not so bad choice, if you just know what to expect. Would recommend him rather from 30 +
Authentic leather ... delicious
This is the third time I've gotten around to writing a review. Actually, I have nothing to add to the previous speakers. Two times when I wanted to write something, wanted to share, I thought. Oh no, it was really all said.
But I have recently tested many of my bottlings. Just yesterday and today of which I also had to place an order directly. But, .... BUT ... at the end of the day, here I sit.
I bought myself a bottle of the scent. Filled me directly something, when I am working or studying and I want to sniff a fragrance, Guilty is next to me. Totally happy after my tested perfume, I was sitting at my desk again. I see the Guilty bottling, am happy about it, smell it. Mhhhh.
Simply delicious. My environment has already made me aware of the fragrance. Why do I smell so funny, it smells somehow like a cow barn or fertilizer.
I'm sitting here, ready to go to sleep, wrapped in Guilty. I don't smell cow steel or manure.

I smell leather. Leather, which might not be associated with black patent leather shoes. But rather leather the color of conagc. Outside Smooth but matt. Inside it had rather the Aufgeraute strucktur. Maybe a little like the old leather backpacks in rectangle format.

I can not really perceive the patchouli, all other fragrance notes, I can also say nothing to, but I think the main role here plays the Woodleather. The fragrance runs totally linear. When I spray the scent on my hand in the evening, I can still detect the Woodleather in the morning. However, the scent decreases, it is noticeable but faint. Mainly in the morning I perceive a kind of spiciness that I would describe as peppery.
The scent lasts length, yet all the while I was looking for a scent after I was just as addicted, a scent that would stay just as consistently dirty to me, a scent with maybe more depth and something more complex and even more lasting or more sillage.
I searched, asked a lot of perfumas that have a lot of leather scents, tried a lot of scents that smell like Guilty.

But honestly, none have been there yet. I was allowed to get to know many leather fragrances (thanks to the Parfumas) which are good and which I will also still get. But none was like Guilty.
Finally, I got to try the similar scent from Kilian - Dark Lord. The opening of both actually resemble each other. But also only for a minute. Where Guilty is totally linear, the scent of Kilian is really very complex and changes. After a few minutes, the scents no longer have any similarity for me.
I'm not saying that the Kilian fragrance is bad because of that, no not at all. I think he is society more suitable. Not a crowdpleaser, but... perhaps more pleasant for other noses than the Guilty.
I find the Guilty really tasty and he has a very own character than I was allowed to smell so far. He smells delicious, you can not ignore the fragrance, he is present and shows totally confident that he is there.
Who wants authentic leather, dir well served here, but should bring a portion of healthy self-confidence.

According to the motto: If he is too strong, you are too weak.

Good night
MrPink
The one through the disk boxxer
Gucci Guilty Absolute is for me one of the most polarizing designer fragrances I know!
Moreover, also a strikingly atypical creation of Mr. Morillas, who, besides commissioned work for anyone who pays enough and wants to sell a masspleaser fragrance, is known as THE man for freshies and all-time classics like Acqua di Gio, Light Blue pH and *ahem* Office.

Which made me all the more surprised that such an uncompromising fragrance was created under his leadership. Because GGA is straightforward and directly uffe face. Not particularly complex or with great development (which in turn is typical for Morillas) but that's what makes him so interesting for me. A look at the notes gives a rough idea of where it's going. Vetiver, patchouli, cypress, woodleather and goldenwood - So leathery, woody, earthy. Check. This scent is pure and freshly tanned woody leather to spray on. No more, no less.

When I smell the scent I inevitably have an association with old leather and wood, oddly enough not in a bad way like the old leather lined wooden box in Grandma's attic. Rather, I always have the association of some rocker or other stereotypical do-not-good being coerced by his wife into monthly personal hygiene. His razor on the leather sharpening, on the solid wood table his shoes wixxend and drinking the Jacky directly from the bottle.

For me personally, the fragrance is almost unwearable and have so far also only negative comments received - nevertheless, I like him at times very much, because sometimes, but only sometimes, men like me have a bit of leather deserves, uh like... or so?!

The fragrance is for men who want to stand out, whether positive or negative should not matter to them. For men who want to provoke, or impregnate your leather cowl. For the men who box after 2 bottles of Jacky each of them stupidly comes through the window
Stefanoleng
Honour to whom honour is due
If you look at the comments and reviews on this fragrance. Strikes that there is only black or white. Either the Gucci is mercilessly punished with 1 to 2 points or it is highly praised. There's not much in the middle. It's amazing that this still allows for a relatively good average score of 7.5. I think it's commendable that Gucci has released such an individual fragrance. It probably won't be the biggest commercial success. It made me curious. So off to the department store Müller (opened its perfumery despite lockdown). There was a lonely bottle of the Gucci Guilty Absolute and a tester.
I must confess I immediately fell in love with the fragrance. I have not smelled something like this in designer fragrances for a long time. I immediately bought the 90ml bottle. I wear the fragrance now for 4 days continuously and am still excited. It is cold outside and there is high snow. I am wearing the warmest and softest leather scent I know. Fits great in the winter time. The way this scent smells, it should smell when you get into your brand new Rolls Royce. Finest leather and noblest woods. The dirty and animalic notes that are described here in some comments I do not perceive so. I find the scent soft and elegant. In my perception it is a so-called "skinscent". The projection is already restrained and very subtle after about an hour. The fragrance lies close to the skin and exudes its warm and soft aura. In the drydown, woody and and boozy accents join the leather. But other than that, I would describe the scent as very linear. There is no distinct scent progression. You definitely don't wear this scent for others or to get compliments. This is a fragrance you wear for yourself. By the fact that it only projects softly, I find it very versatile. I wear it now in the cold days even in the office. Gucci has managed to inspire me with the Guilty Absolute. For me, it is the winter fragrance of 2020/2021. I would be happy if more such unique fragrances were released, even if they only appeal to 50% of buyers. We are all looking for something special and individual
Lumberjack
Only dead fish swim with the current
In a world where everyone wears and likes classic "blue" fragrances, which for me smell like any sports shampoo, I feel like a stubborn provocateur when it comes to perfume. After years of trying to follow the mainstream and I like these popular perfumes ala Sauvage, Armani Code and all my colleagues who have been representing the TOP20 in all drugstores for years and have been contributing to a uniform general smell in discos and clubs for years, I have to say that I don't like them and I simply can't wear them
With that the desire grew in me to flow against the current to not be one of these dead fish After TF Tobacco Oud has been my signature fragrance for over a year and the cessation of production has been bothering me for the past 2 months, I have been searching intensively for an alternative "Auf die Fres*e" fragrance.
It should be cheap, but different and provocative.

Already in 2017 I liked GGA, at that time it was too much for me and one wanted to please girls and not scare them away.
This time I dared and tested him intensively on the skin My God, it smells good. Provocative, rough, masculine, just different
For me, GGA is the outlaw among perfumes. Extreme Niche for small money (available for a small 40 Euro for 90ml).
You smell so completely different from the mainstream. There is nothing sweet, fresh or citrusy about this fragrance Just leather, wood and some whiskey and smoke. A fragrance that you have to wear with a lot of self-confidence.

For me just no fragrance for the casual leather jacket and biker boots, that would be too much clichee.
Like TF TO, for me it is a fragrance to wear with a suit, a shirt, or more elegant outfits. You may stone me, but it works fantastically.

This is probably also due to the fact that I live in Eastern Europe and the women here like a lot of masculinity, but the fragrance brought me, as well as TF TO, positive almost in love complements.
For me, an absolute aphrodisiac for a man (25+) with a lot of self-confidence and a certain "aura" of an educated alpha male, a loner who has everything under control, always knows what to do and is a certain gentleman despite his animalistic appearance.
This image of a man, tall, masculine, elegantly dressed, who enters a room and there is a silence of titles, an admiration and awe in the air, that's what a fragrance is. One is provocatively different, but in a not banal white, but well thought-out and elegant
Strong petrol and whisky accord for me the first 15 minutes, which changes into a leathery wood scent and in the next hours loses the leather and is replaced by subtle herbs.

No blind buy, no fragrance for slender low guys with little self-confidence, this fragrance would be as out of place on such a man as CK One is on me.

Pure leather.
Gentlemen, wearable leather perfume. Loud leather at first, but it goes fast. Next, chords of wood combine with herbs and you begin to fall in love with perfume. I get the feeling that it has a citrus in it, although it's not mentioned in the pyramid
ParfumDude
Grandpa's leather jacket meets antique wardrobe
The title may sound strange to negative at first, but in fact it is meant positively to the fullest extent. How this comes about, I try to explain in my little review or personal story about Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme.

My relationship with Guilty Absolute begins, as so often, with a sniffing session in a perfume shop (who can guess which one?), where the bottle falls into my hands more due to boredom than sincere interest, the previous Gucci Guilty labelled Italian provincial fragrances have left me in less marked ecstasy, to put it mildly. So I sprayed a little of the delicious dark brown juice on a tester and held it to my olfactory bulb in rather low anticipation - and a lot from all clouds!
Where I had suspected something between shower gel freshness and synthetic sweetness, leather suddenly came my way! And wood! And something petrol-petrolium-like! I hadn't expected that and I have to say that the scent overwhelmed me a bit at first - animal, leathery, woody and fart dry...that's not a very simple cocktail that Gucci pumped into the bottle
So first of all we looked further, sorted the leather colleague into the category "a little bit bad", went home, end of story. Right? Somehow I couldn't get the scent out of my head and every time I spotted it on a perfume shelf, I just had to smell it again. And again. And again. Until I actually bought it (which, thanks to its apparently rather low popularity, is relatively cheap to find, by the way) and since then I've worn it whenever the weather and the mood permits.

Ok, long story, many words, but how does the biker jacket on the pew do in practice? Actually, less violent than I initially thought. Although it is clearly perceived as a leather-wood scent, it is also pleasantly warm and round and above all - and I really rarely say this about perfumes - quite sexy. It's relatively linear in its scent, but that's not meant negatively here. Durability and sillage are good to very good for me and the reactions of the environment are also visible - all in all a great fragrance for all those who are up for a little adventure in their fragrance cabinet!

GreMuserGreMuser 7 days ago
I feel a lot of dirty leather, mixed with the smell of the stable, very linear, only for leather lovers.
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 1 month ago
It is DARK. Very heavy tar/grease/leather. Do not spray if you don't know what you're doing. Could totally be a niche fragrance
MatuxMatux 2 months ago
An updated take on leather - dark, astringent, acrid, woody. The 2010's version of classics from the 1970's (i.e. Yatagan).
InbnkInbnk 3 months ago
This perfume is all about leather and wood. Nice gentleman. Elegant and nifty. Niche quality.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 5 months ago
Leather with touch of nail polish.it became wearable after an hour,very strong performance,somehow synthetic &linear.Not for everyone
Amazon1975Amazon1975 5 months ago
Got a 150ml bottle for a great price..... absolutely love this from the medicinal opening to the leather drydown. Lasts 12 hours on me.
MeneeixMeneeix 8 months ago
The best quality leather price I have ever smelled, Complex perfume not for everyone with an oil leather. Refrain young.
GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
If you come across Guilty Absolute and wanna try it test it on skin, paper strips don't make it justice
MeursaultMeursault 2 years ago
Greasy leather. Strong, rugged and masculine. It reminds me of the smell of an old car workshop. Not versatile, but has charisma.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Car mechanic workshop smell. Burned oil & gasoline. Masculine and sexy with good longevity but not a compliments catcher

by EauMySoul
by Stere
by Cozzin
by Cozzin

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci The Voice of the Snake by Gucci