Guilty Absolute pour Homme 2017

Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci
Guilty Absolute pour Homme is a perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2017. The scent is leathery-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Coty.

Woodleather®, Goldenwood®, Nootka cypress, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jared Leto, photographed by Glen Luchford.

ParfumDude
Grandpa's leather jacket meets antique wardrobe
The title may sound strange to negative at first, but in fact it is meant positively to the fullest extent. How this comes about, I try to explain in my little review or personal story about Gucci Guilty Absolute Pour Homme.

My relationship with Guilty Absolute begins, as so often, with a sniffing session in a perfume shop (who can guess which one?), where the bottle falls into my hands more due to boredom than sincere interest, the previous Gucci Guilty labelled Italian provincial fragrances have left me in less marked ecstasy, to put it mildly. So I sprayed a little of the delicious dark brown juice on a tester and held it to my olfactory bulb in rather low anticipation - and a lot from all clouds!
Where I had suspected something between shower gel freshness and synthetic sweetness, leather suddenly came my way! And wood! And something petrol-petrolium-like! I hadn't expected that and I have to say that the scent overwhelmed me a bit at first - animal, leathery, woody and fart dry...that's not a very simple cocktail that Gucci pumped into the bottle
So first of all we looked further, sorted the leather colleague into the category "a little bit bad", went home, end of story. Right? Somehow I couldn't get the scent out of my head and every time I spotted it on a perfume shelf, I just had to smell it again. And again. And again. Until I actually bought it (which, thanks to its apparently rather low popularity, is relatively cheap to find, by the way) and since then I've worn it whenever the weather and the mood permits.

Ok, long story, many words, but how does the biker jacket on the pew do in practice? Actually, less violent than I initially thought. Although it is clearly perceived as a leather-wood scent, it is also pleasantly warm and round and above all - and I really rarely say this about perfumes - quite sexy. It's relatively linear in its scent, but that's not meant negatively here. Durability and sillage are good to very good for me and the reactions of the environment are also visible - all in all a great fragrance for all those who are up for a little adventure in their fragrance cabinet!

Bold masculine leather!
There’s only one fragrance that makes me feel like this one: Fahrenheit! They don’t smell the same but they live in the same neighborhood for sure. Bold, manly, agressive, somehow animalic but bloody awesome. That petrol vibe it´s gorgeous. I think that Fahrenheit it´s a better fragrance and it’s an iconic one, but Alberto Morillas almost made an equal masterpiece with this one. Thank god that a designer brand had the balls to pull this one. Bravo, Gucci. I’m very surprised in good way.
Leather Parfumo Parfumo Leather for beginners
Yesterday I took Guilty Absolute out of the closet again. This fragrance ignited the rocket with one or two others that took my designer fragrance experience beyond known standards to the next level. In the aftermath, and following the reviews here, perhaps a bold choice, Gucci Absolute is no guarantee of favor. But why?

But from the beginning: Now I actually have unintentionally one or the other Morillas creation in my closet and I have to say: Guilty Absolute is an authentic and mass-appealing leather scent for beginners and therefore a wonderful achievement of Mr. Morillas. It is linear, becomes minimally tart, does not overtax anyone. The weak H/S involuntarily takes care of that. Quickly it becomes very close and probably disappointing, if one bathes oneself otherwise in Tuscan Leather.

At first it smells like leather soaked in sweetish alcohol. This smells charming and at no time too strong. For me an absolutely smooth scent without any edges and corners. One stands in a specialty shop for leather goods. Many people like to call such a smell after harsher leather scents but I have to disagree. These scents all smell of leather manufacture where raw, rough components/materials are used. Guilty Absolute is more the leather of the new belt, the pair of leather shoes or the leather bag. These are all pleasing leather scents, the customer doesn't buy leather that smells like a just died animal.

For this reason I cannot share poetry like stale, animalistic and the like. There are completely different candidates and this view can only be due to the fact that you don't know much except designers.
There is not much more to say about the fragrance, it doesn't have many nuances and is characterized by the authentically scented trademark ingredients. At most the vetiver as wingman is recognizable, the artificial wood has also been degraded to supporter.

That's why Guilty Absolute is the first step into the world of leather; if this is too much or too animalistic for you, other leather scents are probably even worse for you. If you like this but find it too smooth, you can move on
Hit the drum, my friend
Guilty Absolute pour Homme does not belong to the fabric softeners or even pale fragrances. Leather is really special and rich, but very well embedded in pleasantly cheeky spice, wood, smoke and light oriental sweetness. In this case the sweet touch doesn't spoil anything (I'm not a sugar fan), but rather rounds off and intensifies the silage. This combination therefore has an animalistic and seductive effect and has a certain dominance. If GA wouldn't be a bit sweetish, it would probably be quite violent and borderline. Comparable in the effect of a N°. XXII - Black Afghan.

If I was an animal, I'd have put my badge on it and staked out the territory. The Sillage is powerful and signals to other males, an alpha male is coming. In the realm of humans, this creation will surely be a bit of a nuisance or you just fall in love with it. With a smile I lean out of the window and say that you submit to him. Well, these are just my feelings and associations
By the way, I could also imagine this scent on an alpha female in isolated cases, but I do not give it the label "unisex". Statements such as "granny's old leather bag", "50s bag" or "patch leather" fit the bill and resonate clearly. Unique selling proposition in the leather district and an animal dominance would be my summary of an exotic men's fragrance

A manly and bold winner
I own and love Gucci Guilty Intense which is a very safe and crowd pleasing release but in the opposite side of the spectrum we have Guilty Absolute with even better results.

Guilty Absolute is bold, it doesn't care about trends or what's fashionable, it's by no means a fragrance for the younger folks. Absolute just doesn't care what's hot and what's not in fact it is almost certain to upset a lot of people and that's the beauty of it.

I found it at a local store, for some reason I was drawn to the tester and sampled it and it blew my mind. Such a realistic leather accord masterfully blended with gorgeous Vetiver, Woods and even a touch of Cypress so I took it home but that's not the end of it, next day I tested it again on skin and it is even better! Paper does NO justice what so ever to Absolute!

Scent is great, longevity is off the charts, sillage is moderate (which is fine, you don't want to be loud with this one) so yes, this is a 'Love' for me
Benedikt2019
...Granny's old leather bag in the grab bag down the hall from the front door...
Actually I almost don't like Gucci fragrances, they are mostly very unbalanced, often too sweet Diso-Pumper fragrances (especially the newer ones!). They usually lack any charm or recognizable independence. That's how I felt about Gucci until a perfume review brought this one to my attention. A fragrance was praised that was supposed to have niche quality and captivated by its uniqueness in the leather fragrance segment. Those were big words and since I appreciate leather scents - just think of the incredible Ombre Leather by Tommy - I thought, a blind purchase can't hurt.

No sooner said than done, Gucci arrived... (in the pre-Christmas business at a ridiculous price!)

The bottle:
What can you say... miserable, cheap, lid comes off hard, OVP looks like from the drugstore. All in all a better flask, which one prefers to place at the very back of the fragrance shelf so that viewers are not startled or begin to doubt the competence of the collector. Sorry for the harsh words, but appearance seems to play a role in perfume after all :P

The test:
Oha! After the first spraying it was already more than clear that it was a leather scent. And what a guy, not a clean-cool biker like Tom Ford's, not an elegant rocker and seducer, no a dirty-dirty guy is this one. What you get under your nose is old, ancient leather that has been properly registered and that has been so for years. And that's all you smell for a while. Leather, leather and leather again. My mother said quite aptly: "It smells like my mother's old green leather handbag that is lying in our grab basket! And I must say, she's right. There's actually something a bit granny-eyed about it, if you know what I mean? But it's also overly masculine. Consequently, it has a clear unique selling point on the leather fragrance market that you have to like. But the Gucci then loses this slight "mustiness" of the old leather as it progresses and what remains is a beautiful, soft leather accord underscored by subtle (really very subtle!) woods. For me almost no leathery-woody, but only a leather scent. It could also be a fragrance spray for leather goods stalls at the market or department store. Oh, well, the good guy doesn't change much
Durability and Sage:
Good! It is a real power pack that polarizes on just over an arm's length for about 3-4 hours and then retreats. It stays on the skin for a good 8 hours. So that's where you get your money's worth.

Who wears something like that? Well, you, if you're into real, dirty old leather and want a leather scent that's truly authentic, down to the last detail. It is also something for you if you like fragrances that manage to evoke memories of days and times gone by. One thinks of fragrances like Timbuktu or the wonderful Burberry Touch. It also fits perfectly with the leather jacket and is perfect to wear in autumn or winter. However, I think it is more of a fragrance for the 30 Plus. He might look wrong underneath. As a wearer you would also have to accept that some people don't even perceive it as a fragrance, because it is so natural that, paired with a leather jacket, it probably ensures that you will be attracted to the good-smelling jacket :D All in all, I would advise you to test the fragrance beforehand, as it is already very special! After all, it's everywhere
CONCLUSION: Gucci offers upscale leather fragrance with high niche quality in a ghastly garment!

Anika
The shy deer in the cone of light of your temperament - more man than perfume
He's fire. Fire with smoke and flames that burn down my whole world. The rhythmic sounds of the drums resounded loudly in my dumb soul.

What am I doing here? I am, am I? Who still knows me, so I am now nevertheless a new one.
I'm risking everything right now: live someone else's life. Without fear of loss, without thinking big. I feel with every fiber, the time is ripe for new ways, for courage, passion and risk.
I'm not sure if I actually crave what I think.
But considering my constitution, I shit on conventions and feel, taste and smell what my heart desires.
You were in the right place at the right time and you saved my soul. You set me on fire.
Your fire has resurrected my spirits from the deepest dust, colored them and revealed to me a world I could not dream of.

You're as beautiful as the moon. Radiates warmth, security and diabolic energy. I am in a state of intoxication from which I can no longer escape.
Alarm bells burst like fine glass and evil thoughts evaporate from you at every touch. Just smile at my carelessness, I melt like candle wax or burn like a silk scarf...
I turn barefoot in the cold November rain until I sink to the ground dazed and still can't get you out of my mind.

Life, what else do you have for me?

I'm sweating, I'm freezing. Where are you? Where are you? Are you real? You were my miracle, you gave me what I didn't ask for...
Fast and powerful, the poppy on the cornfield shoots towards the sun. You neither bought me, nor impressed me, yet you gave rich without demanding. All the money in this world cannot outweigh what you selflessly gave. You reached out your hand to me and left traces in me.
A shiver comes over me when I think of the night in the fog. As similar as we are, as strange as we are. Trembling with cold, I wait for you. Everything around us seems far away to you and you gently close my cloak, you pay attention to me with a clear simplicity and quiet affection.
Tenderly you took my chin in your hand, forced the kiss of your longing upon me. A light-footed warmth shot through the impenetrable view.
No one saw my free stroke, no one.
Wrapped in your mighty apparition we stood there, lonely and ardent with expectation. It was liberating and engaging at the same time to feel your lips on mine, to finally touch you, to give in to what was going on in my mind for so long.
You are the true design of my imagination of the man with whom I achieve everything.
You once said I was the woman you mastered everything in life with.
This has reached me and brought me closer to you than any simple conversation. You've always triggered the sore spot I've longed for in different situations.
Game? Or fate? Who the fuck are you? And who am I to you?

I, the shy deer, stopped in the cone of light of your temperament. Your smile makes me crumble into hoarfrost and dance passionately and gracefully in the wind at the same time.
Blinded and seized by your being, I dream with open eyes of your touches.

In the nose, your scent...
Leather, leather, leather... as authentic as maple syrup-coloured leather seats, a coarse biker jacket with cracks and folds... a hot, minimal sweetness reinforces the breathtaking impression you make of me like a disastrous storm breaking in.
I get instant soft knees and become a weak fair game hypnotizing your voice as the lights of the skyline rush past us.
Life is crazy. You open dark floor hatches to ice-cold, wet basements full of radiant diamonds. Cast me under your spell - but protect me.
Tom27
Leather and nothing else?
Normally I would say a few words here about the opening and the further scent of a perfume. However, this is not necessary at all here, because hardly sprayed on, this fragrance unfolds, or should we rather say smell, with a concentrated load of extremely smooth leather clothed in a dark vetiver note on a base of patchouli and some wood. Even the wood is only a leather wood aroma which perfectly supports the overall scent thanks to a large ladle Iso E Super. A further development does not take place any more until the complete drying If you close your eyes you might think you are in a very exclusive leather shop. Series after series, a wide variety of leather clothes from renowned fashion houses are hanging, just waiting to find a new owner. A smell of tanned, petrol-like leather with a touch of rubber hangs in the air and exudes luxurious exclusivity.
Longevity and sillage are at a high level and only after about 8 hours does the perfume become very close to the skin and finally decompose.
For me, Gucci Guilty Absolute is a men's fragrance, simply drawn but elegantly crafted, that does exactly what it was created for. It smells like leather and the rest is just a minor matter ..

Guilty Absolute
I have had slight fluctuations over how I have felt about this fragrance in the year or so I have owned it. Finally I have put my thoughts on record and hope you find my review useful. Thank you for watching

AgnesEva
Like a punch in the face of some, great love for me.
This fragrance polarizes to the maximum. Great love or extreme hate with nothing in between, 50/50. Some feel insulted by him. For me, however, it is the most wonderful, most honourable, most impressive, most amazing leather of all time. Childhood. The original 50's bag from my father's binoculars with which I always played. Heir to his great-grandson. GGA smells like the leather of this bag. Leather from the 50s. Wonderful. A very special experience

GolcherGolcher 10 months ago
If you come across Guilty Absolute and wanna try it test it on skin, paper strips don't make it justice
MeursaultMeursault 10 months ago
Greasy leather. Strong, rugged and masculine. It reminds me of the smell of an old car workshop. Not versatile, but has charisma.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 15 months ago
Car mechanic workshop smell. Burned oil & gasoline. Masculine and sexy with good longevity but not a compliments catcher
DPArtistDPArtist 16 months ago
Absolute beast! This scent won't be for all. Invigorating & intensely leathery, the longest lasting frag I've tried. Dare to be different!
AmberScentAmberScent 22 months ago
Half way between a linear scent and an evolutionary one, is leaded by dark leather, followed by patchouli and finished by woods & vetiver.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Warm, leathery, round, perfect in autumn . A classy but modern scent to wear in the free time as well as at the office because not heavy
AromaXAromaX 3 years ago
An intimate close to skin scent what you might smell under a worn out leather jacket on a bare male skin.
Rmf1112Rmf1112 4 years ago
Warm slightly spiced supple leather. Shockingly good compared to most releases.

by EauMySoul
by Whadelse89
by Cozzin
by Cozzin

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Bloom Nettare di Fiori by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme by Gucci