Guilty 2010Eau de Toilette

Guilty (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci
Guilty (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Gucci for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.10.2020.

ElysaShades
Those from Gucci are just as specialists ...
...when it comes to choosing inappropriate names for their fragrances. I recall a discreet floral daytime scent called "Premiere". Under "Rush" I wouldn't have imagined such a peckish sweet squeaky tale (sorry to all who like the scent). And the common scent "Made to Measure" for the gentlemen... But who knows, maybe they do it on purpose and the inappropriate names are some kind of funny kind of humor I don't understand... With Guilty, the fun is certainly taken to the extreme. Inspired by the movie "Sin city" we again have to deal with a flowery perennial. Yes, Gucci can do that. If a woman likes unobtrusive floral scents, she can always go for it with Gucci ("Rush" we leave out for now).

Guilty is a soliflore. He smells like lilac from beginning to end. At the beginning a bit sparkling due to the pepper and with the time a bit darkened. I don't smell any patchouli, only the amber, which combines beautifully with the lilac note and lets the fragrance fade away cuddly. There is nothing more happening here. Durability is much better than expected with a restrained sillage. Guilty will last for one working day and nobody will notice it negatively.

Personally, I would rather wear Guilty in my spare time in summer. For me, Lilac has something summery, relaxing, just the opposite of what the name and the presentation suggest.

In the long run, the scent would certainly be too boring for me. I really just want to wear it once in a while. There is very little happening here, hardly any scent, no unexpected scents, very unexciting business. You can wear it if you want to have a relaxing scent around you, but if you are tempted by the advertising to buy it, you will be bitterly disappointed.

5.5

All lilac, no guilt.
At first sniff, all I could smell was lilac. It took several minutes to develop into something a little more complex. That being said, I think this is a pretty scent, but it doesn't really stand out as unique. It is a little sexy, or, perhaps sensual. There's honestly not much more to say about it - it's a little underwhelming for me.
2.5
2.5

Madkat
short and sweet - guilt none
I really like the smell.. opens with a blast of strong pink pepper which quickly goes away, then I get peach, lilac and amber. This is a sweet warm fruity floral oriental on me. However it quickly becomes a mild skin scent and is totally gone by 3 hours so although I will enjoy my mini of it, I will not repurchase because of the low throw and short life. The bottle is interesting but the scent is nice but not exciting and there is no quilty feeling wearing this. Another misnomer, innocent would be more like it.

A not so 'guilty' fragrance
Although I hate to say it, I find this fragrance one of the most overrated and over-promoted perfume releases of this year. To be honest, not many of Gucci's female fragrances have managed to impress me, (with Envy Me 2 being the only exception). I had some hope for Guilty, however I find it very bland.

I have no doubt that it will sell well, especially over this Christmas period, but it doesn't strike me as something that those 'naughty girls' or those particularly daring would choose to wear.

To my nose it's mostly sparkling fruits with a touch of spicy pink pepper. It has a pineapple juice quality in the opening, however it's not nearly as acidic as other pineapple based scents.

It's pleasant enough, yet incredibly boring, leaving me longing for something with much more depth. Where is that beautiful, earthy and green patchouli note that I so constantly crave in scents these days? There is so much missing from Guilty's composition.

It took me a while to be able to smell this fragrance seeming that it opens so subtly on the skin. It doesn't have much in the way of sillage I'm afraid, nor is the lasting power that of an impressive nature.

The name and the shiny gold bottle just doesn't seem befitting of this fragrance. It's misleading in the way it has been marketed as something elegant and formal, when it is in fact rather casual. It reminds me a little of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle EDT.

There's not much else I can possibly add to this review. I'm disappointed and truly underwhelmed. It's predictable, but pleasant nonetheless.

Written: Oct 31, 2010.

Guilty of Insipidity
GUILTY? How about BORING? Having sprayed myself with my entire sample vial, I feel prepared to assert that the only thing Gucci is guilty of in this case is massive dilution. This liquid is so flimsy, vague, and insubstantial that it smells like a hundred other recent light floriental launches. All that glitters is not gold, and all that is "gold" does not glitter.

For a lilac perfume with something to say, I recommend Ineke AFTER MY OWN HEART.

Jubliant
boquet of flowers under a musk blanket
lilac+geranium= ick
If you do not like musk, you WILL NOT like this fragrance!
I can discern the notes though

KingPinKingPin 16 months ago
A very (!) feminine scent. More girly than for grown women.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Another very commercial scent by Gucci with a short sillage, a poor bouquet (I imagined something stronger!)
... but a high price!

Habt vielen vielen Dank fürs Anschauen und all das Lob, ihr Lieben!
by PureNeugier
Es war weder Ost- noch Nordsee, sondern der Limfjord in Dänemark Ende August 2019 ;-) Habt alle ganz lieben Dank für eure Fotokommentare und die Auszeichnungen. Freue mich sehr, dass ihr mein Foto besucht habt ;-)
by PureNeugier
Leider mit großer Verspätung ein riesiges Dankeschön für all Eure lieben Kommentare :-)
by Andreas09
by Chrissyyleax
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Bloom Nettare di Fiori by Gucci