Guilty pour Homme 2011 Eau de Toilette

Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci
Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2011. The scent is fresh-synthetic. It is being marketed by Coty.

Jacques Huclier

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepperPink pepper
LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom
NeroliNeroli
LavenderLavender
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by MaxFavier, last update on 11.01.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor and singer Jared Leto. Previously, the actor Chris Evans was already the campaign's face.

My "first" perfume
As the title of this review might suggest, I can't remember my first perfume. Presumably I'm not the first person here to think about it and not be able to remember.

That "Guilty pour Homme" by Gucci could probably possibly ignite my passion for perfumes, even the saleswoman in the duty-free shop in Cyprus could not have guessed.

But let's start from the beginning:

It's summer - I'm in my apprenticeship - the first big holiday is coming

After intensive research, I have decided on Cyprus as my holiday destination.

However, let's jump straight to the duty-free shop in Cyprus.

We were received friendly and without thinking much I was eager to buy something for my mother there.

How I then landed after successful search for my mother at the testers of Gucci know unfortunately no more. There it was - the first contact with the Guilty pour Homme of Gucci.
It was probably a "love at first smell" as it is called here often.

Now it came to the decision: "EdT" or "EdP"?
As an "inexperienced lad" I did not know these terms - I was aware that there are different strengths / shelf life but I have never used the technical terms / terms.
One must say perhaps in addition that Gucci mentions this also only on the packing and if necessary hidden at the soil of the Flakons.

I have decided after a short period of reflection and presence of the saleswoman for the "EdT" version. The stronger "EdP" has me probably when testing simply deterred by the "sharpness".

Just under 80€ less in the wallet and a passion richer.

From today's perspective, I would probably no longer buy the perfume, as I am accustomed to other sillage / durability and my horizons have expanded significantly.

Evening freshie
There's nothing wrong with a perfume being mainstream. This one certainly fits that description. It's easy-going, friendly, versatile and yet not completely without a soul. Citrusy and floral, not so sweet. In the base there is patchouli, which makes it suitable for evening wear. Maybe not clubbing, as it's not heavy on ambrox or tonka.

Performance is just so-so. Two to three hours of decent projection after which it slowly starts to fade. The EDP flanker is similar and lasts longer.
Under the radar
When you see the bottle, you get exactly that: a fresh, clean, elegant and slightly metallic fragrance! Lightness and freshness dominate the smell and you immediately think of elegance and luxury, but still the perfume also smells masculine and smooth by the metallic side effect!
The fragrance seems to be not so popular and widespread, which I honestly do not understand, especially since the durability is perfectly fine!
A good alternative and comparable to Prada L'Homme, which is also a soapy, fresh and elegant perfume - for me clearly applicable in the office, at a fancy dinner or an evening gala, but also in everyday life not out of place!
For me, an underrated fragrance with which you can not go wrong ?

Just a bad purchase
This one I had only once in my lifetime and I wouldn't like to get again. It doesn't smell synthetic, which is the best thing I can say about this perfume. The smell was just very basic and average, you can buy similar scent perfumes for fracture of this cost. It is extremely overpriced(maybe because they had to pay a lot for commercial and actors for promotion) and doesn't worth it. I got this perfume just because it was very hyped and everyone wanted to have them. Why? I'm still not sure. I really can't understand those reviews with 10/10 scent. So, you're literally saying that's the best smell you've ever had? I'm feeling sad for you then. Don't buy it, save your money.
Schwibo
Found again after years...
I noticed the scent on a friend of mine a few years ago and was immediately hooked... I found the one on him incredibly great." I kept "Guilty" in mind, but then the scent fell into oblivion again Since I use soap boiling, I come across dupes of well-known designer fragrances from time to time, but nobody was "guilty" of anything. ;-)
Only after I had registered here in the forum it came to my mind to have a look at the composition of the board And there it is again, the orange blossom and also the pink pepper.
I am truly not a perfume expert, but little by little some fragrances crystallize that one likes and that often contain my favorites.
Well, this combination is not exactly rare and therefore I cannot say what is special about Gucci " Guilty". It is simply the mixture and it fits both in summer and winter. Although I like the fresh scents especially in winter... when the weather and the mood is extremely bad... they lift my spirits Thereby, Gucci succeeded that "Guilty" is, in my opinion, not a citric, sparkling scent. This freshness is somehow softer, unobtrusive, harmonious, balanced ... for some too weak and unimaginative, as you can see from the reviews.
I think it's an unagitated, everyday scent. Nothing unusual, but for lovers of orange blossom a beautiful, soft composition.
The Gucci Guilty for ladies, however, I, as a woman, can't get anything out of it....but thank God the tastes are different.

Razvanyke
This is not so bad like people think
I owned two bottles of this nice EDT, the first one was a big surprise back in 2011 when I smelled it and I got a bottle right away.

The scent was nice and unique back then, now 9 years later is very mainstream and every cheap drug store sells perfumes at 10% the price of this one smelling the same.

The longevity was quite good, I could feel it on the clothes the next days and on the skin was also lasting long. The second bottle I have not used it so often but I do not see differences from batch 2011 to 2015.

Sillage is good, when I discovered it I smelled it on a friend and it was so nice, therefore I got it too.

Maybe it is not a scent for everybody, and it should not be, but under 5 for this scent is not realistic, let´s say a strong 7 maybe because it is not the most original. I will not buy another one, but Gucci sold two of these to me already.

Very Surprised at the rating
As one of the most popular colognes sold right now (currently #3 on Amazon) I was very surprised that this cologne only received average ratings.

The cologne is one of my personal favorites and works great in almost every situation as a neutral scent. You can wear it day or night and at work or out playing.

One of the best main stream colognes out there in my opinion but I just don't understand why it's ranked so low.
2.5
2.5

Not worked for me
Smells much like Allure Homme Sport, so it's a big disappointment for me considering the masterpieces GPH I and GPH II.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are below average. Thumbs down.

Updated January 2014

Not happy with you Gucci
Oh golly, too strong! Way, way too strong.

Can you believe there is now an intense flanker of Gucci Guilty for Men? Well I can't, and I sure hope I don't smell it on any man I date.

Gucci Guilty is a mish-mash of sharp citrusy lemon, powerful lavender, soapy orange blossom and earthy patchouli. The overall blend is quite, well what's the word, sour. The man in the poster may look like he's 'God's gift to women' with the lady below him looking as if she might be thrown into the thralls of passion at any given moment, but I highly doubt her reaction has anything to do with his perfume, if you know what I mean.

At times it feels as if Gucci was aiming for a citrus aquatic, something slightly sporty and fresh, but the peppery and earthy patchouli and woods kind of crushes that idea. God only knows where this perfume is supposed to be worn. Fingers crossed men don't wear this hoping to get lucky in the bedroom. I think you might get a negative response.

Unfortunately I don't find Gucci Guilty for Men all too sweet either. I think I may have liked a little sweetness to balance out the scent. All I can say for this fragrance is that the longevity and sillage are very good, near excellent if I actually liked this God damn fragrance!

The worst masculine from Gucci by far. I am saddened by this because I've been impressed by most of the male fragrances from this brand, namely Envy, Gucci pour Homme (original) and Gucci pour Homme II. In fact, skip this fragrance entirely. Buy the three I mentioned above. Yes, do that.

Thatsmr2usir
Gucci what art thou doing???
LOL! Ok Gucci is my favorite designer house. However, they have been such a let down in the fragrance department as of late. This is so not Gucci. It is a mixture of 50 different scents combined, SYNTHETIC @ it's best! Smells like 1 of Joop's creations, reminds me of ahhhh Lanvin Homme YES!!!! BLAH! Last 6 hours or so on me & then it makes it's exit. The dry down is such a let down. I am really fed up with Gucci from a fragrance stand point!

This new crap they develop & put on the market today is very messy indeed. I have not liked anything this house has made after Envy for men. Everything else was a miss or did not last long enough for me to get a bottle. ( GUCCI POUR HOMME 2 )

Guilty should appeal to those who like GUCCI just because that's who made it & to those who may think the bottle is nice which it is, however do not expect to impress anyone with this. You will just be 1 of the many other people in the crowd not standing out, but following the circus.

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 11 days ago
4.5
Boring and uninspired, some deodorants have a more interesting scent profile. For 20€ ok but above that there is just too much competition
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
5.5
more innocent than guilty! It's an inoffensive and pleasant citrusy-aromatic scent with a quite weak sillage. An everyday scent

by Raulski
by Empereur
by Richkies
by Richkies

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Moonlight Serenade by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci