Mémoire d'une Odeur (2019)

Mémoire d'une Odeur by Gucci

Mémoire d'une Odeur is a new perfume by Gucci for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is green-floral. It is being marketed by Coty.

Roman chamomile, Nyctanthes arbor-tristis, Musk, Precious woods, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Vanilla

Submitted by WiB, last update on 13.12.2019.

The face of the advertising campaign is British singer Harry Styles.

10.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Sniffsniff
Of disturbance and irrational desire ..
On 3 October I boarded a truck ferry to the Baltic States to relax for a few days on the Curonian Spit. In order to reach the passenger deck of the enormous ship, the foot passengers were guided through a narrow corridor immediately after boarding the ship, which merged seamlessly into a seemingly endless escalator. One drove and drove, slight anxiety set in. A few bars of "Stairway to heaven" came to mind. Suddenly there's a billboard hanging. Alone in the hall. Beautiful people in soft light. Boheme, ick listen to yourself trampsen! A sign, Fatum, divine providence! A new Gucci fragrance - and the escalator takes me straight to the kingdom of heaven of the on-board shop. (One must know that my collection at the beginning of October still consisted of Gucci Rush and Gucci Rush - my fragrance since 1998.) So I checked in quickly, drank a cosy beer for my husband's sake and disappeared into the (12 square metre) on-board shop. Nice bottle. Fits these beautiful people who seem to have Bacchanalia in their heads in the soft backlight. My inner self is already indulging in seductively soft scent spheres. I'm spraying on the paper. Full of anticipation, I inhale the fragrance. Peuhaoioioioi! I'm outraged. I'm almost over the top. What on earth is that, what is that, and who the hell wants to smell like that? Alcohol on foot tincture with straw and moss under rotten birch. I expected a perfume that would smell the way my ottonormal nose knows and can classify perfume. That is definitely not Memoire d'une odeur. I was somehow upset and disappointed and stomped back to my husband, who secretly rejoiced to have saved a lot of money.
A month later I'm at the turquoise and can choose a birthday scent. The salesgirl's wonderful. Scan me, know me. The first fragrance presented is mine and is bought. I am a little disappointed, though, because I would have liked to have tried more. "Oh, that reminds me of an experience with the new Gucci. I'd love to test it again." The wonderful one reaches purposefully for "Ambrosia di fiori" and holds the little paper under my nose. "No, this one's not mine either, but I mean the green ones, the crass ones." "The green one, seriously the green one?" The turquoise is noticeably shaken. "Yes, I want to give him another chance. Maybe he'll develop and become beautiful." "Nah, nothing's going to be nice!" Did I mention that I liked this salesgirl incredibly much? There's nothing like disarming honesty. So we both don't find the scent so dolle.
Third attempt, end of November. There it is again. The green anti-flower water laughs at me, I reach out and get daring. I'm spraying the scent on my wrist. He is no longer as evil as he was when we first met him on the stormy Baltic Sea. After the alcohol veil has dissipated, it gets a sober note. It's clear. He's got nothing playful. He doesn't want to be erotic either, not feminine, not wicked. I like the chamomile that calms me down. It has something strict, it sets the direction, but remains clear and sublime. The woods are added, giving the chamomile fullness. I perceive musk only minimally. At the very end I can perceive the vanilla, very delicate, now only in connection with the camomile, which is also only a fine veil.
Beginning of December: What's with the stinginess? I bought the bottle. What has moved me so long and so repeatedly should belong to me. I also have an explanation: Since our first encounter I have smelled myself through the entire standard turquoise assortment and understood that I find flowers terrible. Especially lily of the valley. Fruits are a little better. I have also realized that my fragrances must at least be unisex. I find many men's fragrances more wearable on me than, for example, a SI or LVEB. That a pure women's fragrance can trigger a buying impulse in me is extremely rare. Meanwhile I am happy when a fragrance smells different, when it can stand out from the fruit-flowery complacent monotony.
And Memoire d'une odeur can do that only too well. He's not a girl's scent. At least not for those who want to be sweet and sexy, run to the nail studio and tinker with fake lashes.
It reminds me of my horses with its light hay note and for this reason alone triggers a feeling of well-being in me. I spray it on my pillow before falling asleep and sleep deeply and firmly. It's so light and clear, I'd even wear it in the stable. I'd never get the idea of another fragrance. And I think my horses would like him too.
Tomorrow I'll wear it to school and I'll be curious to see what it does. It is and remains a polarizing scent, but it is worth giving it 7-364 chances. All fragrance conventions on "reset" and "memoire" have the potential to create a new fragrance memory.

Dreamlike
This beautiful scent of memory makes me sad.....

But from the beginning.
I tested him at the perfumery and gave him some time. He needs those, too. He has to "sit down". The scent is just different. After half an hour, I was sure that I had to have him. I quickly rushed back to the perfumery, sprayed again and was enchanted as I was, immediately packed the largest size. Nobody's ever grabbed me like this before. Wonder, beautiful.
It actually starts with a mild chamomile, then becomes cuddly woody, vanilla, simply so homey and fragrant. I'm totally blown away.
And that's it with the scent. I don't think that's a bad thing. I love the feel-good factor it triggers. He really touched me, as KVolteer said in the Kommi before me.

He's not staying. He'll be gone in a minute. From time to time a breath comes along and lets me inhale deeply and dream. But that's not enough for me. I want to smell that way. But right. ;) I'm heavy in love. Why is it so untenable? That's so, so sad.
9.0 4.0 6.0 8.5/10

KVolteer
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? - Would you like to sleep with me tonight?
La première impression -
The first impression.

Your appearance has made me aware of you and I thought I want to get to know you.
Mémoire, I think this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship. At least that was the first thought after I first put you on, because you enchanted me with your weird way.

Formidable! You wrap me up with a pleasant scent of chamomile with woody green notes and round off your appearance with a vanilla note. Wonderful! You're very quiet and have a subliminal calming effect on me. This is damn pleasant, because most of the time life is already much too loud and much too fast anyway.

A long trouver and a prompt perdre -
A friend is hard to find and easy to lose.

Unfortunately, after a relatively short time I had to realize that it is always my loved ones who disappoint me the most. So are you! Where'd you go? It was all so extraordinarily pleasant... Now you're gone and around me it gets loud again. That's great. That makes me a little sad, because everything began very promisingly.

Chaque chose en son temps -
All in good time.

In fact, you really touched me and left such impressive traces that I often have to think of you. I'm not letting you go and I've got an idea...

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? -
Would you like to sleep with me tonight?

The plan with you was different, but this compromise-ready purpose relationship still seems to me to be a very good solution.
Just give me the good-soothing feeling in the night, because that makes me fall asleep with a smile on my lips.
Yes, now you love me - and even if you leave me again soon and I have to wake up without you... it stays "Mémoire d'une Odeur"

Come we travel...
Heart: Let's go on a trip // Head: Oh yes, gladly where to? // Heart: To a bygone time. I'm sure you remember it smelled so beautiful all over. So fresh, so green and cozy. // Head: Yes, wait... i think I remember ... I have a memory of a scent. I see green meadows, snow-covered mountains, flowering fields with camomile, fresh hay and oh the beautiful trees. The wood, it caresses my nose. // "Come", the heart said, to the head "drop down, switch off and dream a little..."

That's how the communication was inside me when I sprayed this scent on. He's so different from the candy wampers these days. That's why the first time you spray it on it, it tempts you to say, "uurgh, what is this?" But, you have to take your time with this scent. It is recommended to first read the ingredients and then spray. Without expectation sniff.

The bottle: Super. Absolutely in the fragrance theme. Vintage par excelence. No retro frills, that's how he used to be. No! He's like before.

The fragrance: A wonderful harmony of chamomile, woods and meadow. Light as a feather. A little vanilla brings harmony. A sunny day on a freshly mown mountain meadow in the Dolomites. Absolutely unisex.

Silage: At first quite strong, also harsh, but weakens relatively quickly. After approx. 45 minutes it develops into a close to the body scent without fading. It gives a pleasant touch to its surroundings with every movement.

Shelf life: Might be a little longer for my sensation. If you like it more intensive, the tendency is to spray after about 1 hour. The atomizer atomizes the perfume pleasantly fine, so that a replenishment is not a (killing) topic.

Conclusion: Candidate for purchase. It stands out from the crowd. Individual. A successful year-round fragrance. Yes, it's the memory of a scent that everyone carries within themselves.

9.0 5.0 6.0 7.0/10

From Kamistad gel to Mémoire d' une Odeur
I tested this scent on paper for the first time. Big mistake, very alcoholic. He immediately reminded me of the medical smell of Kamistad gel (against inflammations in the mouth). But he still wouldn't let me go. That's why I re-tested it on the skin and waited five minutes. And now I thought he was fantastic. Soft chamomile, soft wood, fresh green and a hint of powder. I find him very special and extraordinary, you rarely smell him. Grandios Mémoire d' une Odeur is also layered over Molecule 04.
5.0 9.0 6.0 3.0/10

But you're special...!
After feeling 5.times test I could not simply befriend myself with this smell!:( Again and again I have tested it in the perfumery repeatedly, but my nose simply could not befriend itself with this smell! Also there one notices again it is either a hate or how one would also like to say it big love fragrance... With me devinitiv a hate! Something I must leave this fragrance it is devinitiv something special but also new what I have not smelled so far somewhere! Anyway, every time I sprayed the scent on the test strip I got goose bumps in a funny way and white... Not because he knocked me out!

While spraying I could smell out, a very pungent + penetrating pistachio note... (Am I the only one who could smell pistachios?) ... shortly thereafter the camomile became very clearly noticeable... But even there, I must confess I'm not a big fan of this fragrance. The camomile note is very, very harsh on my skin but also extremely stinging:(((( musk gave me the last! It was not that fresh + pleasant musk much more a, very unpleasant artificial and too powdery musk note... The woody notes came from time to time through the fragrance, they were very discreetly noticeable what I have now personally found very unfortunate! Since I like beautiful and noble woody notes very much in fragrances. The only note I couldn't smell at all was the vanilla... That remained in the background:(

A lot of people think I'm mopping up this perfume now... No, I certainly don't! I just didn't like this perfume, it's not really a fragrance I prefer! But I still wanted to give the fragrance a chance! In spite of the frequent testing I simply did not like this smell!
8.0 4.0 5.0 4.0/10

The emperor's new clothes
It is probably due to my skin chemistry, but despite my sesible sense of smell I only smell discreet camomile tea. The other notes don't get through to me and the air is unfortunately a lukewarm breeze. I feel like I'm in the emperor's new clothes fairy tale. That's a pity, because I like to discover unusual perfumes
8.0 6.0 6.0 8.5/10

Hasiputz80
...of hay and herbs and nervous children.....
I am actually rather lazy about writing and prefer to make a short statement about a fragrance. But Memoire d'une odeur is so wonderfully different. Already the name lets assume good.
For me, Roman chamomile is definitely dominant in the fragrance. In no case to be confused with the scent of chamomile tea, as indicated by some here. Who knows the natural essential oil of the Roman chamomile, knows that chamomile tea smells totally different.
In aromatherapy, Roman chamomile is mainly used for restless toddlers. It has a harmonizing effect on body and psyche.
With the oil of Roman chamomile and me it was love at first sight, so to speak. I liked it the first time I tried it.
With my children I have used it frequently in the fragrance lamp.

I took the test strip home from Memoire d'une Odeur and put it under the nose of my children. The test result was very positive. My son said: smells good, of hay and herbs. Whether the judgement turned out so well because they are preloaded from small with the smell is difficult to say....
But there is not much more to say about it. I see it the same way.
Green, herbaceous with a hint of woody powder in the base. With recognition value without appearing vintagelastig somehow.

Definitely nothing for gourmet lovers, but certainly unisex.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

The transformation
Today I - finally - discovered Memoire, the new Gucci I had been waiting for.

But the start is somehow sour, and I put the beautiful bottle disappointed aside.

Then I prefer the "floating" crane of Berdoues , which I have on my note for a long time.

Abee already in the car surrounds me with a calm but full aroma that flows out of my wrist.
Memoire brings itself very much to my pleasure in memory.

This transformation is not Kafkaesque, but very accommodating.

The chamomile provides peace and nestles against the soft woods.
A homely feeling arises - accentuated by the warm vanilla.

This scent reminds me of sociable but quiet evenings in the hunting lodge, where we chatted casually over a cup of tea and the branches of the trees quietly knocked on the window panes.
The stove bulled comfortably and nature surrounded us - within reach.

Yeah, that's the "Odeur" Memoire gently reminds me of.

8.0 5.0 8.0 7.5/10

IrisMann
It starts with a cup of chamomile tea with honey
Finally I made it directly to our provincial capital Münster today. There is not only one of the turquoise branches there. I wanted to test also times this hot discussed smell waterchen.

So headed straight for the Gucci shelf. The beautiful packaging already smiled at me. This beautiful green shade with the golden stars already looks very vintage. Looks like 50s to me. But the tester was gone. The very nice saleswoman not only seemed to have professional competence but also quickly found the object of desire again. A beautiful classic bottle that reminds more of the 50s than the hippie era.

Let's get up on the test strip and on the skin. And the fragrant round is opened with a cup of lukewarm chamomile tea with honey. I remember the smell from my childhood. The household remedy for a severe cold. The top note lasts about half an hour. Then the heart note appears and strongly reminds of moist new paper. I believe that Mr Morillas copied a little from Mr Frédéric Malle and the "Une Fleur de Cassie" that appeared there. With this high-end fragrance one also finds a little of this mustyness, which dissolves into deep melancholy. For the base note, Mr. Morillas used another creation from the Edition Malle, Geranium pour Monsieur. Both base notes are very similar to each other.

The scent's something else. I'm glad you did. The durability of the Bais is not bad at all. It's been over six hours with me. The Sillage is grotty for that. The fragrance remains very close to the skin.

Conclusion! For a label like Gucci, which has often attracted attention recently for its mediocre mainstream ware, this fragrance composition is very daring. You can also see it in the very controversial discussions and very different comments and statements. But at last something is being dared again. Of course you can also fall on your nose, but only the same synthetic scented gel or the sugar sweet slightly flowery arbitrary scent have got on my nerves in recent years enough. Let's praise the people at Gucci for a perhaps not so easy decision to launch this fragrance. It's not so much on the perfume market anymore. In the end, the product is supposed to earn money. The great times of the fashion designers who sold a luxurious dream are unfortunately over.
10.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Laughter in the perfumery
A few days ago I entered the local beauty store because I saw this scent in the window...

The young saleswoman already grinned at me in the certainty that I would certainly not like him...

My first reaction "Wow, this is different... THE NEHM ICH" made a roar of laughter break out. There's no better way to say it.

The scent reminds me of the camomile version of A Song for the Rose. Strong, herbaceous, flowery and woody somewhere.

The course is from aggresive herbaceous to the end beautiful tea Artig.

Truly a very unique designer...

The shelf life is good, but probably very variable depending on skin and weather.

Sillage is good, but not overloaded. Very airy and yet dominant.

I love him already.
8.0 6.0 7.0 5.5/10

Scandinavica
Night under the... Chamomile stars?
I noticed the chic retro bottle directly, the fragrance itself is also something special. Not feminine or fruity - flowery, but calm, sleepy and green - sounds lovable!

Freshly applied, the top note reminds me a little of a Russian children's cream with camomile and fresh hay. I enjoy this herbal dry aroma because it reminds me of the fields near our former house in late summer.
After about ten minutes there is unfortunately not much left of the camomile, but instead a harsh woodiness spreads and also does not feel warm and spicy, I suppose the Prijat ("mourning tree") is to blame.
The scent is now much more of a bland... Well, muffled and I feel as if I have an old piece of clothing on, which, after a long time in the closet, finally sees the light of day again. Too bad.

Maybe it's because I sweat a lot in this weather and the scent on such damp skin can't unfold much potential, but the fabulous 8+ ratings here almost shock me.

Dkay31
Pride comes before the fall ....
Hello everyone :)

I was totally hyped on this perfume, I read from many that it was something special, especially I was keen on the bottle (I'm just packaging collector), but what's it called so beautiful, you smell with the nose and not with the eyes.

I was at Karstadt today and sniffed this scent both on the test strip and on the skin (at Absolu this was criticized that I should test things on the skin in the future, said done :) ) ... In the beginning it smells like zietrus very heavy which I found very pleasant, but in the end it smells very musty, I can't describe the musty unfortunately which spice it should be, but musty even, so my pure joy on this perfume was very fast steamed and now consider to switch to another, but the prices have it in themselves.

60ML 67 €
80ML 82 € (can also have been 80)
100ML 114 € (öhm joa ^^^)

The bottle is a pure feast for the eyes, it comes like a Roman antique column with a gold-colored lid and a turquoise blue scented water, with a very noble inscription and a golden border, a real eye-catcher, but as described above you pay because of the fragrance and not because of the bottle.

I hope I could help you with your purchase decision, have a nice weekend :)
8.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Flowery
I liked the box of Memoire d'une Odeur: a rich warm green with golden stars. The pink interior is a perfect match. I find it very feminine but not unisex. The lime green glass bottle looks classic and resembles an antique column.
The fragrance is delicate, enchantingly light. On the surface, chamomile. The vanilla gives the chamomile something slightly sweet. A harmonious fragrance combination. The flower head of the Roman chamomile consists of innocent white. The inside of the flower is yellow-green and resembles the Tausendschönchen. A playful flower, like the scent. Cedar wood blends with sandalwood and fine woods. All very light and weightless. The chamomile-vanilla mixture is always in the foreground. The weeping tree, a cypress species, grows in southern climate mild areas. Does it add the spice?
I don't think Memoire d'une Odeur has silage. I can smell him on my wrist for three hours tops. A wonderful spring-summer scent, which apparently only I perceive on myself.
9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Recollection
I have not yet figured out what this scent reminds me of... - ...but the name is program!
I can probably say that this is the first women's fragrance from Gucci that I like and that I will certainly buy sooner or later.
The delicate Roman chamomile accompanies the entire "fragrance programme" and all other components remain mild to delicate at all times and never obtrusive or prominent.
All in all, a surprising fragrance that you remember with pleasure and that reminds you of something that I will certainly fathom out later...
9.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

Has vintage potential
Wow, what a successful new fragrance! Gucci continues on its unconventional path, offering us an unusual, mildly spicy fragrance that is pleasantly different from the sugary gourmand mainstream of our day. The mild camomile note is in the foreground throughout the fragrance and becomes spicier in the base through musk and woods. Not for everyone but "Memoire d'une odeur" will surely find its lovers. Has classic and vintage potential.
10.0 6.0 7.0 10.0/10

Zauber600
Controversy in the summer slump
Mémoire d'une Odeur seems to be perceived very differently if you look at the statements as of 03.08.2019 21h58.

Contra: There's talk about glue with 3 letters that should be put back into the tube, burn plastic, moldy wood ... and then treated with wood varnish.
Pro: beautiful bottle, romanticism, melancholy, sensuality, camomile veneer wood, very light and different.
This is also expressed in the ratings from 0 - 10.0 ... everything included. I haven't seen anything like this in a long time
Recently, the perfumer of this fragrance - Alberto Morillo - has often got bad reviews for his fragrances here as soon as the name Alberto Morillas came into play. But if you take the trouble and take a look at his oeuvre - 371 fragrances with an average rating of 7.3 (as of 03.08.2019 22h19) for well-known brands such as Armani, Bulgari, Carolina Herrera, YSL and many others - you can see that some very well-known and successful fragrances were developed by him (sometimes in cooperation with others). Most are mainstreamers who need to make profit with sales in the broad masses. As is generally known, these are provided with a fixed budget for fragrance, bottle, outer packaging and especially for marketing, so one prefers to stay on the commercially safe side and for unusual fragrances often lacks the courage.

And how did MitParfumo Stulle so aptly remark on this subject: "Mr. M. is an artist who likes to make money - that's not dishonorable (even artists like to eat warm!). That hits the nail on the head!

But there are also some exciting scents from him, where he has been given some freedom. I think of Kilian, the expensive Bulgari series, Chopard and also my favourite of him Opus VII/Amouage.

The latest Gucci Guilty releases for Mr. Morillas' gentlemen have changed my image. I find the courageous and also successful, especially Gucci Guilty Absolute and also Gucci Guilty Cologne.
The new fragrance - Mémoire d'une Odeur - is also part of it. With a strange advertising film, in which a lot of strange people jump around a dreamlike beautiful castle, make fire and other strange things, the message is of course not to be understood.

In my opinion it is a 90's fragrance, I immediately got Bitter Sweet Symphony from The Verve

in my mind. This fragrance somehow has something very lifelike and alive about it: sad and happy, soft and hard, bitter and sweet.

The pyramid - as of 03.08.2019 22h55 - can be forgotten in my opinion. Mémoire d'une Odeur starts with a bitter, bitter camomile note quickly underpinned by a wonderful smelling jasmine.
The fragrance gets its lightness and clarity from the abundant use of slightly soapy musk, the basis is creamy sandalwood and an almost unsweet vanilla gives the opposite pole.
I find this scent difficult to describe, so to explain this here:
Mémoire d'une Odeur is located somewhere between Comme des Garçons Parfum, Гоша Рубчинский Gosha Rubchinskiy and Fougère Royale Houbigant (2010) ... as a rough guide. I think that some of the male perfumers might know these scents, for the ladies there is only - if they don't know the scents - only a heroic self-test if they are interested because I don't know much about (comparable) women's scents. Sorry!

For me, the composition of Mémoire d'une Odeur - like that of the other two Gucci scents mentioned - is a courageous step away from the usual mainstream monotony despite the certainly stringent specifications.

Shelf life and Sillage: 7 - 8 hours and medium

For whom: men and women who enjoy unusual scents

When. When? Actually always

Alternatives: Alternative ;-)

Jazzy76 78 days ago
"A beard doesn't make a philosopher"! A refined and precious bottle containg a very poor, watered down and almost scentless perfume. A flop+2
3.0
4.0
4.0
JoaoMartins 79 days ago
Clean and musky white scent that sometimes wears very good on my skin and sometimes I dont like it! Mixed feelings about this one.+1
10.0
6.0
HugoMontez 134 days ago
It's a good cologne. Very suave and creamy. I get a peachy-jasmin vibe. Soft sillage, nice longevity. Excellent for summer/spring mornings.+1
6.0

by Gandix
by Gandix
by HsChen
by HsChen
~Das Leben ist wie Fahrrad fahren, um die Balance zu halten, musst du in Bewegung bleiben~ Albert Einstein
by Sunshine00
by Mscamouflage
by Mscamouflage
Werbe-Arrangement von Gucci - was wollen die uns damit sagen? Fotografiert bei Müller .

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci Sport pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci