Mémoire d'une Odeur (2019)

Mémoire d'une Odeur by Gucci

Mémoire d'une Odeur is a new perfume by Gucci for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is green-floral. It is being marketed by Coty.

Roman camomile, Nyctanthes arbor-tristis, Musk, Precious woods, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Vanilla

Submitted by WiB, last update on 08.07.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is British singer Harry Styles.

Morning sickness?
Nah, 'cause I'm definitely not pregnant. Then this can only be Mémoire d'une Odeur!!!!

I recently wrote a statement about how good it smells on my husband. I couldn't describe it, because none of the given notes stood out. He smelled great with it. I also have the feeling that unisex scents, which have a slightly tart impact, simply fit him better and last longer, because his skin simply absorbs every scent directly ;)

The other day my package came from Flaconi. And what was in the package as a speck? Yes, that smell. I thought about giving it to my boyfriend, because I didn't want to smell it on me (yes, the comments are not the best). But I was brave and sprayed it on my wrist
Alberto what is this????

I mean, yes, the smell is extraordinary, I'll give him that. I like it. But I'm sorry I got sick right away! And I am actually not a pine tree (is that how you spell it? haha).

I close my eyes and imagine someone holding an old, already cold camomile tea bag under my nose. I'm not a fan of chamomile, but every now and then I drink chamomile tea. There are worse smells, for example caraway (strangling) but this really exceeds everything. This is not pleasant chamomile, really not..

Furthermore, there are still woody notes, I can't really smell them. It simply "smells" musty, old and really - as already mentioned here - slightly rubbery. *shake*.

Positive: It doesn't really last long. (but too long for me) After an hour he was gone, thank God No trace of vanilla and sandalwood, it simply remains musty.

I took away the good review I gave him. Because now I've tested him. You get the specimen, because I want to get rid of him as soon as possible!!
Past the mainstream at 180 km/h
How do you combine chamomile, hay and herbs in a fragrance that is nevertheless pleasing? Gucci has done it - although the fragrance almost got me at first. I couldn't really do anything with it. I didn't think it was bad, but somehow it wasn't a fragrance experience either, in a positive or negative sense. After all, there was nothing there to repel me like some other testers here. I imagined at first sight that I smelled a strange rubbery note that I know from myrrh (you're sure there's none in there?!) and that wasn't an arousal, but it did make me curious. So I wore it for one day, and it was... okay. But that's all it is
The next test was completely different - the scent is beautiful. Just beautiful. Fresh, clean, calming, unusual and with a high recognition value and yet pleasing. Yes, but "accommodating" is a bad word. Nobody wants to smell "pleasing", I just mean: despite its very special aura, this fragrance does not hurt anyone and intoxicates all those who appreciate it. My experience is that people who actively test it tend to be very divided, but those who perceive the fragrance on others - me, for example - are unanimous in their opinion that Memoire d'une Odeur is very pleasant and anything but 0/8/15. What more could you ask for? For me, it's a perfume that you better don't "test", but just wear without expecting anything in return (do you know that some perfumes fail when you "sniff", but are great when they get into your nose by accident?)

For me, Memoire d'une Odeur is a successful blend of retro and modern, of a fragrance that nobody wants to be and a perfume that has everything that makes a really good perfume. One thing is absolutely clear: no one can like this fragrance unless they are into chamomile. They can't drown out the most beautiful woods and the finest musk, and the vanilla doesn't tear anything out of it either (apropos: camomile and vanilla? never thought that would work!).

What else is there to say? In my opinion, this is not a unisex scent, but it suits the girls better (really, now, Harry Styles as an advertising face?!). The sillage is not extensive, but it is perceptible and the durability is good, although not outstanding. A "hippie scent" like they tell us in the commercials? Nope, but similarly free spirit, headstrong and close to nature.
Tea flush
There he was, in the men's section, between the sauvages and codes of this world. I suspected the new Gucci to be more of a lady's item, despite its unisexual character, but it doesn't really matter where I find it. The main thing was that I could finally smell him, because camomile scents are rare. And let's put it this way: now I (again) know why...

I believe there in my miller he will find with the gentlemen hardly to no friends. Too special, too weird, too androgynous, too teay, it seems at first sight. This doesn't fit between Invictus and Cool Water. And yet it is one of the cleverest and most courageous new releases of the fragrance year. He starts with a shimmering synthetic chamomile. It's causing confusion somewhere between grandma and the chemistry lab. But it makes me smell and arouses my curiosity. Not that I like it much, but it was a new fragrance experience somewhere between Hermes and Bulgari. And new olfactory experiences (even/even?) an old rabbit likes. And in the new (designer) releases at the end of the 2010s, deviations from standards and trends must also be looked for with a magnifying glass and thus welcomed.

This "memory of a fragrance" goes from aggressive chamomile to herbaceous flowers, all underlaid with a honey musk, tart and special rather than sweet. Very anti-mass taste, very classic and refined. A bit dusty and much too fast away, but daring and great from the basic idea. Only to when to wear it? I guess always or never. A very eccentric interpretation of chamomile. Romantic shot on 11. And yet it's over the mountain in no time at all. That's odd. Confused. Worryingly calming. It takes getting used to. Inaccessible. Thick eggs with a small mouth. Do you have to be a chamomile fan? Or can't they do anything with this idiosyncratic interpretation?! Morillas on a confrontational course. Not natural. One looks closely, but somehow timeless and certainly not boring. You just have to concentrate and hurry, because he is very fast only, suitable, a memory...

Flacon: noble, classic, good in the hand
Sillage: quiet, very quiet. Fortunately, because, as I said, he gets some people excited. I camomile, I don't chill.
Shelf life: 5 hours after I applied it, there's hardly a hint there

Conclusion: everyone likes tea because of it and never pushes it up badly... this piercing, polarizing camomile bump can definitely be unruly and repulsive to some. Others will fall in love. I haven't decided yet, see pros and cons. No one for the top or flop annual lists, but a genuine, out-of-time splitster who shows courage and is worth exploring further. Better than a glib, glib, it-Allen-right-maker. Morillas off the leash
Sniffsniff
Of disturbance and irrational desire ..
On 3 October I boarded a truck ferry to the Baltic States to relax for a few days on the Curonian Spit. In order to reach the passenger deck of the enormous ship, the foot passengers were guided through a narrow corridor immediately after boarding the ship, which merged seamlessly into a seemingly endless escalator. One drove and drove, slight anxiety set in. A few bars of "Stairway to heaven" came to mind. Suddenly there's a billboard hanging. Alone in the hall. Beautiful people in soft light. Boheme, ick listen to yourself trampsen! A sign, Fatum, divine providence! A new Gucci fragrance - and the escalator takes me straight to the kingdom of heaven of the on-board shop. (One must know that my collection at the beginning of October still consisted of Gucci Rush and Gucci Rush - my fragrance since 1998.) So I checked in quickly, drank a cosy beer for my husband's sake and disappeared into the (12 square metre) on-board shop. Nice bottle. Fits these beautiful people who seem to have Bacchanalia in their heads in the soft backlight. My inner self is already indulging in seductively soft scent spheres. I'm spraying on the paper. Full of anticipation, I inhale the fragrance. Peuhaoioioioi! I'm outraged. I'm almost over the top. What on earth is that, what is that, and who the hell wants to smell like that? Alcohol on foot tincture with straw and moss under rotten birch. I expected a perfume that would smell the way my ottonormal nose knows and can classify perfume. That is definitely not Memoire d'une odeur. I was somehow upset and disappointed and stomped back to my husband, who secretly rejoiced to have saved a lot of money.
A month later I'm at the turquoise and can choose a birthday scent. The salesgirl's wonderful. Scan me, know me. The first fragrance presented is mine and is bought. I am a little disappointed, though, because I would have liked to have tried more. "Oh, that reminds me of an experience with the new Gucci. I'd love to test it again." The wonderful one reaches purposefully for "Ambrosia di fiori" and holds the little paper under my nose. "No, this one's not mine either, but I mean the green ones, the crass ones." "The green one, seriously the green one?" The turquoise is noticeably shaken. "Yes, I want to give him another chance. Maybe he'll develop and become beautiful." "Nah, nothing's going to be nice!" Did I mention that I liked this salesgirl incredibly much? There's nothing like disarming honesty. So we both don't find the scent so dolle.
Third attempt, end of November. There it is again. The green anti-flower water laughs at me, I reach out and get daring. I'm spraying the scent on my wrist. He is no longer as evil as he was when we first met him on the stormy Baltic Sea. After the alcohol veil has dissipated, it gets a sober note. It's clear. He's got nothing playful. He doesn't want to be erotic either, not feminine, not wicked. I like the chamomile that calms me down. It has something strict, it sets the direction, but remains clear and sublime. The woods are added, giving the chamomile fullness. I perceive musk only minimally. At the very end I can perceive the vanilla, very delicate, now only in connection with the camomile, which is also only a fine veil.
Beginning of December: What's with the stinginess? I bought the bottle. What has moved me so long and so repeatedly should belong to me. I also have an explanation: Since our first encounter I have smelled myself through the entire standard turquoise assortment and understood that I find flowers terrible. Especially lily of the valley. Fruits are a little better. I have also realized that my fragrances must at least be unisex. I find many men's fragrances more wearable on me than, for example, a SI or LVEB. That a pure women's fragrance can trigger a buying impulse in me is extremely rare. Meanwhile I am happy when a fragrance smells different, when it can stand out from the fruit-flowery complacent monotony.
And Memoire d'une odeur can do that only too well. He's not a girl's scent. At least not for those who want to be sweet and sexy, run to the nail studio and tinker with fake lashes.
It reminds me of my horses with its light hay note and for this reason alone triggers a feeling of well-being in me. I spray it on my pillow before falling asleep and sleep deeply and firmly. It's so light and clear, I'd even wear it in the stable. I'd never get the idea of another fragrance. And I think my horses would like him too.
Tomorrow I'll wear it to school and I'll be curious to see what it does. It is and remains a polarizing scent, but it is worth giving it 7-364 chances. All fragrance conventions on "reset" and "memoire" have the potential to create a new fragrance memory.
Dreamlike
This beautiful scent of memory makes me sad.....

But from the beginning.
I tested him at the perfumery and gave him some time. He needs those, too. He has to "sit down". The scent is just different. After half an hour, I was sure that I had to have him. I quickly rushed back to the perfumery, sprayed again and was enchanted as I was, immediately packed the largest size. Nobody's ever grabbed me like this before. Wonder, beautiful.
It actually starts with a mild chamomile, then becomes cuddly woody, vanilla, simply so homey and fragrant. I'm totally blown away.
And that's it with the scent. I don't think that's a bad thing. I love the feel-good factor it triggers. He really touched me, as KVolteer said in the Kommi before me.

He's not staying. He'll be gone in a minute. From time to time a breath comes along and lets me inhale deeply and dream. But that's not enough for me. I want to smell that way. But right. ;) I'm heavy in love. Why is it so untenable? That's so, so sad.
KVolteer
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? - Would you like to sleep with me tonight?
La première impression -
The first impression.

Your appearance has made me aware of you and I thought I want to get to know you.
Mémoire, I think this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship. At least that was the first thought after I first put you on, because you enchanted me with your weird way.

Formidable! You wrap me up with a pleasant scent of chamomile with woody green notes and round off your appearance with a vanilla note. Wonderful! You're very quiet and have a subliminal calming effect on me. This is damn pleasant, because most of the time life is already much too loud and much too fast anyway.

A long trouver and a prompt perdre -
A friend is hard to find and easy to lose.

Unfortunately, after a relatively short time I had to realize that it is always my loved ones who disappoint me the most. So are you! Where'd you go? It was all so extraordinarily pleasant... Now you're gone and around me it gets loud again. That's great. That makes me a little sad, because everything began very promisingly.

Chaque chose en son temps -
All in good time.

In fact, you really touched me and left such impressive traces that I often have to think of you. I'm not letting you go and I've got an idea...

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir? -
Would you like to sleep with me tonight?

The plan with you was different, but this compromise-ready purpose relationship still seems to me to be a very good solution.
Just give me the good-soothing feeling in the night, because that makes me fall asleep with a smile on my lips.
Yes, now you love me - and even if you leave me again soon and I have to wake up without you... it stays "Mémoire d'une Odeur"
Come we travel...
Heart: Let's go on a trip // Head: Oh yes, gladly where to? // Heart: To a bygone time. I'm sure you remember it smelled so beautiful all over. So fresh, so green and cozy. // Head: Yes, wait... i think I remember ... I have a memory of a scent. I see green meadows, snow-covered mountains, flowering fields with camomile, fresh hay and oh the beautiful trees. The wood, it caresses my nose. // "Come", the heart said, to the head "drop down, switch off and dream a little..."

That's how the communication was inside me when I sprayed this scent on. He's so different from the candy wampers these days. That's why the first time you spray it on it, it tempts you to say, "uurgh, what is this?" But, you have to take your time with this scent. It is recommended to first read the ingredients and then spray. Without expectation sniff.

The bottle: Super. Absolutely in the fragrance theme. Vintage par excelence. No retro frills, that's how he used to be. No! He's like before.

The fragrance: A wonderful harmony of chamomile, woods and meadow. Light as a feather. A little vanilla brings harmony. A sunny day on a freshly mown mountain meadow in the Dolomites. Absolutely unisex.

Silage: At first quite strong, also harsh, but weakens relatively quickly. After approx. 45 minutes it develops into a close to the body scent without fading. It gives a pleasant touch to its surroundings with every movement.

Shelf life: Might be a little longer for my sensation. If you like it more intensive, the tendency is to spray after about 1 hour. The atomizer atomizes the perfume pleasantly fine, so that a replenishment is not a (killing) topic.

Conclusion: Candidate for purchase. It stands out from the crowd. Individual. A successful year-round fragrance. Yes, it's the memory of a scent that everyone carries within themselves.

From Kamistad gel to Mémoire d' une Odeur
I tested this scent on paper for the first time. Big mistake, very alcoholic. He immediately reminded me of the medical smell of Kamistad gel (against inflammations in the mouth). But he still wouldn't let me go. That's why I re-tested it on the skin and waited five minutes. And now I thought he was fantastic. Soft chamomile, soft wood, fresh green and a hint of powder. I find him very special and extraordinary, you rarely smell him. Grandios Mémoire d' une Odeur is also layered over Molecule 04.
But you're special...!
After feeling 5.times test I could not simply befriend myself with this smell!:( Again and again I have tested it in the perfumery repeatedly, but my nose simply could not befriend itself with this smell! Also there one notices again it is either a hate or how one would also like to say it big love fragrance... With me devinitiv a hate! Something I must leave this fragrance it is devinitiv something special but also new what I have not smelled so far somewhere! Anyway, every time I sprayed the scent on the test strip I got goose bumps in a funny way and white... Not because he knocked me out!

While spraying I could smell out, a very pungent + penetrating pistachio note... (Am I the only one who could smell pistachios?) ... shortly thereafter the camomile became very clearly noticeable... But even there, I must confess I'm not a big fan of this fragrance. The camomile note is very, very harsh on my skin but also extremely stinging:(((( musk gave me the last! It was not that fresh + pleasant musk much more a, very unpleasant artificial and too powdery musk note... The woody notes came from time to time through the fragrance, they were very discreetly noticeable what I have now personally found very unfortunate! Since I like beautiful and noble woody notes very much in fragrances. The only note I couldn't smell at all was the vanilla... That remained in the background:(

A lot of people think I'm mopping up this perfume now... No, I certainly don't! I just didn't like this perfume, it's not really a fragrance I prefer! But I still wanted to give the fragrance a chance! In spite of the frequent testing I simply did not like this smell!
The emperor's new clothes
It is probably due to my skin chemistry, but despite my sesible sense of smell I only smell discreet camomile tea. The other notes don't get through to me and the air is unfortunately a lukewarm breeze. I feel like I'm in the emperor's new clothes fairy tale. That's a pity, because I like to discover unusual perfumes

OmardoOmardo 49 days ago
It's a brave new fragrance, one of the few real new fragrances on the market. smell like home used to smell when i was a child. very good!
FiroozFirooz 84 days ago
Delicate, unique and lovely chamomile scent. I like it very much!
HubertGHubertG 132 days ago
I'm sorry, nothing against Gucci, but I don't get it, It doesn't smell like perfume.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 10 months ago
"A beard doesn't make a philosopher"! A refined and precious bottle containg a very poor, watered down and almost scentless perfume. A flop
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 10 months ago
Clean and musky white scent that sometimes wears very good on my skin and sometimes I dont like it! Mixed feelings about this one.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 11 months ago
It's a good cologne. Very suave and creamy. I get a peachy-jasmin vibe. Soft sillage, nice longevity. Excellent for summer/spring mornings.

by Sweetsmell75
by Mscamouflage
by Mscamouflage
by AlinaK22
by AlinaK22
Werbe-Arrangement von Gucci - was wollen die uns damit sagen? Fotografiert bei Müller .

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Eau de Gucci by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Femme by Gucci