Mémoire d'une Odeur 2019

Mémoire d'une Odeur by Gucci
Mémoire d'une Odeur is a perfume by Gucci for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is green-floral. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRoman chamomileRoman chamomile
Heart Notes Heart NotesNyctanthes arbor-tristis MuskMusk
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood CedarwoodCedarwood VanillaVanilla

Submitted by WiB, last update on 23.09.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is British singer Harry Styles.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Mlleghoul
A melancholy elegy for the whimsy of childhood
Herbal, dusty bittersweet, dreamlike and shivery green musk. The sorrows of strange lullabies lilted in gentle whispers, fairytales of snow-blooming trees, borne from bones. A fragile, longing, shimmering bell. A fleeting dew, a pale mist drifting low in a meadow, vanishing into an empty sky. A melancholy elegy for the whimsy of childhood. A deathbed poem at dawn.

Guccy2021
Fresh Swamp, in a good way
Aesthetic: late 19th/early 20th century impressionism paintings of garden ponds with lily pads. This is a murky yet green scent, almost aquatic to me, but not quite. I attribute that to the chamomile. The murk is probably from musk. I've only ever lived on the coastal Atlantic of the US so I think of swamps when I smell "wet + green." Minus the salt, which would make this STINK but it does not. It's subtle. There is no ocean invoked in this, the water is strictly fresh.
Poetry at the end of the year or Papillon
Poetry at the end of the year or Papillon

On my hand a butterfly sits.
I want to catch it,
but it flies away!

Yes, autumn is advancing and soon winter will be here again. Still it hums sporadically in the garden and now and then I even see a butterfly passing by.

A subtly tart chamomile starts immediately, is then enveloped by delicate green woods. What does a weeping tree smell like? I don't. Probably very unobtrusive. But it blends beautifully with the chamomile. Then a hint of musk comes in, softening the chamomile - almost creamy.

I'm still waiting for the dry-down. It's slowly becoming more delicate and soft. Only a light breeze of transparent little wings now. The wood only to guess and also the vanilla very hidden. I sniff further on the hand and catch a remnant of the sandalwood-vanilla finish.

And quickly he is only a nice memory.

I find it difficult to find nice green scents. But this one I like very much, although it seems so delicate and filigree. That's why it's best to spray at home to snuggle up and with a cup of tea in hand, indulge in beautiful memories of spring and summer.

I do not understand the bad rating. The sillage and the durability are very low but the fragrance is beautiful.
Airport surprise
Normally I don't have great expectations regarding duty free shops. Snobbish attitude you could also say. But after the current Guccis all have such pretty packaging and I'm not only snobbish, but also superficial *gg *, I have made me to test.
The result surprised me positively. Various Blooms are pleasing and Mémoire d'une Odeur was the big surprise. He is so not at all sweet-fruity-pink-lovely-hairsprayig, that I wonder how the has managed to land on the mainstream shelf or before that was not tested down in various marketing panels to the soulless all-water.

Dry, powdery and kamillig is the. Unusual and not striving for complaisance at any price. And indeed, the chamomile is embedded in such a way that Mémoire has an overall nostalgic feel.
I suspect that those who don't like the scent associate chamomile tea with childhood illnesses and, accordingly, the memory is rather bad. For me it turns out fortunately that I do not have to think of dislocated stomach and other camomile applications, which came in the 70s and 80s in the medicine cabinet to the applications:)
Mémoire envelops me in the most pleasant way for a relaxing evening on the sofa with a fine English crime novel on the screen and I enjoy its skillfully composed unusualness.
The autumn crocus
A strange summer passes by. Pandemics and climate change have turned travel into an increasingly ambivalent experience, and the grandchildren's ever-present finger of caution urges us to refrain. And damn it - they're right.

My biographical carbon footprint is shameful.

Then came the water. Yes, I live in a flood zone, and on my own I would have had a hard time emptying the full basement. Thanks to the young helpers.

I can't get on with everyday life, even if I still got off comparatively lightly. Relatives, friends, neighbors and acquaintances are often more affected. Many a person who was privileged yesterday is now living in a friend's spare room. At over 70, the thought of a new beginning is not easy. And yet many - including those of my generation - feel the need for a break.

It washed away the car anyway, so I won't be buying a new one in the first place.
I wasn't planning on ending up as one of those pensioners who, in erroneous reverse, intend to turn the local marketplace into a drive-in anyway.

And it is only in the moment of destruction that I sense I have remained blind to the lush beauty of my home for too long. What glorious nooks and crannies are not here?
Memories of wonderful and memorable moments of my life....

Now this is not a senior forum, but a fragrance forum, and the present Gucci fragrance is called consequently also not memory of the prom, but Mémoire d'une Odeur.
No less he is also able.

It reminds me of when I was a rascal, roaming the woods of my homeland in shorts with my friends. Always looking for adventures or material to build dams. The wet leaves, the soft ground, rain, mosses, a snail, an earthworm, a stream meandering gently down a slope, sunbeams flashing furtively through the trees, the rust on an old metal barrel - even the inorganic seemed organic in such surroundings.

I smell more than a tea, rather I perceive the chamomiles as wildflowers on the edge of the dirt road, along with the earth surrounding them.

This eau de parfum is the antithesis of the Instagram age. Not loud, colorful and gaudy.
Instead, tart yet familiar. No synthetic gourmand, which tries to please everyone with sticky sweetness. And that's what makes it so authentic.
His fragrances depict the nuances and facets of life far more aptly than those awful cinnamon pudding bombs. I honestly would have hardly trusted Gucci in particular to make such an anti-mainstream statement.

Incidentally, Mémoire d'une Odeur comes up with the - at least for me personally - now visually most aesthetic bottle in my collection. A fragrance can hardly dress more elegantly.
I can hardly wait for the beginning of autumn. I want to slip into my shoes, and jump into puddles. Want to hear the dirt slinging against my pants. Want to lean down, and once again admire an ant at its busy work for minutes on end.

All the goodness was so close all along. Thank you Señor Morillas for reminding me...

9 short views on the fragrance
HugoMontezHugoMontez 3 years ago
It's a good cologne. Very suave and creamy. I get a peachy-jasmin vibe. Soft sillage, nice longevity. Excellent for summer/spring mornings.
AlexconnAlexconn 8 months ago
I wasn't sure I'd like it because of the chamomile, which is very present, but it isn't sickly or medicinal. It feels very fresh, cozy &warm at once.
T3lk4T3lk4 1 year ago
Fresh and relaxing, something a woodland fairy would wear.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
"A beard doesn't make a philosopher"! A refined and precious bottle containg a very poor, watered down and almost scentless perfume. A flop
HubertGHubertG 3 years ago
I'm sorry, nothing against Gucci, but I don't get it, It doesn't smell like perfume.
More statements

Images

35 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Moonlight Serenade by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci The Voice of the Snake by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci