Mémoire d'une Odeur 2019

Mémoire d'une Odeur by Gucci
Mémoire d'une Odeur is a perfume by Gucci for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is green-floral. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesRoman camomile
Heart Notes Heart NotesNyctanthes arbor-tristis, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Cedarwood, Vanilla

Submitted by WiB, last update on 06.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is British singer Harry Styles.

From Bah to Whoaa!
Warm embrace from the past. That's probably the best way I would describe it. Growing up in a village with horse dome and wildflower meadows, I can already follow the advertising and the name a little...
But first things first. The fragrance came out in 2019 and I immediately wanted to try it. The bottle is beautifully vintage and the name sounded promising. I to the perfumery. Sprayed it on my wrist and "Bah!". Here I can agree with my predecessors that the initial impression smells rather medicinal. As is so often the case, you just don't give things time to develop if the first impression is already bad. Chamomile is also very special and unusual in the mainstream segment of fragrances. Also, you know chamomile rather from childhood, when you are sick and had to choke the tea behind...
2 years later in times of pandemic, I moved back to my roots from the big city, go for a walk and again take in the herbaceous smells I loved as a child. Memories came flooding back and as luck would have it I saw Gucci Memoire d'une Odeur in the miller and tested it once again. Love, sentimentality and memories. I think that the current mental state and circumstance plays a role in how one initially perceives a fragrance. Today I am discovering the depth of the fragrance. Somehow it makes sense today.
The composition starts with spicy - floral chamomile. Warm, vibrant. Minutes later, woody notes weave in. Sandalwood, then later a cedary note. Chamomile is a throbbing heart from head to base. Enveloped by fine woods, until at the end the warm vanilla transforms the chamomile into a scent with an affinity for the skin.
It smells to me like the bottle looks - vintage. It is unisex without question, however I tend to see people in their mid 20s upwards wearing this fragrance. To me it seems grown up, unpretentious, thoughtful and personal. Personal in the sense of : I'm all about me and don't want to be the center of attention at all. One perceives me, respects me, but everyone notices that my presence is enough without many words.
The sillage is medium (spring 12-20°C). At work, I was sniffed. The opinion is divided, but unpleasant it found no one.
This fragrance you wear for yourself and not for others. I feel him as subtle and somehow also comforting in the time of the pandemic, where we often live isolated anyway...
I'm a big fan of the sprayer, and this one gives a great and even mist!
Bottom line : give this fragrance a chance. Try it again and again, preferably at different times of the year.
I got a good deal on Notino, check it out there.
LG

A Sort Of Amulet Against Evil
Gucci Mémoire d'une Odeur has always fascinated me ever since they first released it. That hay and sweet herb-like nuance immediately caught my attention, the intense and familiar aroma of chamomile, bitter honey, and green apple. Chamomile, a small daisy-like flower, does not smell but more than one because different varieties offer different shades to a perfumer. The wild one, for example, is herbaceous, green, and fresh, more reminiscent of the herbal tea we drink to calm us down or invite us to sleep. The German one, on the other hand, is sweeter but smoky, with hints of apple. Finally, Roman chamomile or Anthemis nobilis is sweet, delicately spiced, and intoxicating, with an apple blossom flavor. The latter was chosen as the top note for Mémoire d'une Odeur. So, close your eyes for a moment and imagine you are lying on a lawn. Next to you is an old wicker basket where you have placed a few handfuls of chamomile flowers. They look like a polka dot extravaganza, and the sun-intensified scent is unexpectedly lush. All this is Gucci's perfume, even if it's not the first with chamomile flowers, there are masterpieces like Youth-Dew by Estée Lauder, Gucci by Gucci, or my beloved Clinique's Aromatics Elixir, and so on. it'sIt's the way that wildflower blends with the other ingredients that makes this scent original and intriguing.

The perfume belongs to a new mineral and aromatic family and opens with an explosion of watery notes, where for a moment, the partnership with Kenzo Pour Homme is inevitable. I feel the same vibes in it, that underlying aroma so characteristic of the blue bottle in the shape of a bamboo cane, and I honestly can't tell which note or blend reproduces that beautiful watery accord. After a few minutes, I get a bitter almond-like puff, just a glance, followed by a herbaceous facet coming to life. I perceive the aroma of chamomile petals with light shades of petroleum and leather aspects, the same smell that comes out of a teabag when pressed between the fingers. There is no doubt that this flower so rarely used in perfumery makes itself felt, and I love it. From the very first notes, Mémoire d'une Odeur is not an intense, opaque, heavy perfume. Instead, it is just like the chamomile flower, relaxing, soothing, graceful, fresh. The initial aroma fades into the foreground but never completely disappears from the composition.

Slowly the opening retracts to make room for a floral heart. Jasmine, present here in a particular species known as Indian Coral, announces itself with nuances reminiscent of acacia honey and something that comes from orange, flowers probably but also a touch of sweet zest. The honey note is delicious, with a pleasant bitterness, and the orange remains relatively shy. As for jasmine, it can quickly smother a perfume due to its volume, but it is worked with a lot of subtlety here. You will easily guess its presence, sure, but it never goes so far as to steal its sovereignty with chamomile. It's a fancy heart, not sweet or overbearing. However, it also has delightful flaps of talc, still supported by the accord of water and a prominent dose of mineral musk that brings a familiar warmth and connects all the other olfactory elements with pure softness.

The woody trail features notes of dry cedar and creamy sandalwood. Vanilla enhances the creaminess of the latter. However, it does not stand out on my skin nor takes a gourmand vibe. The woodiness comes to calm the greedy side of the trio: honey, orange, vanilla. At this point, the scent no longer changes and is all one with the skin. The whole elixir is so well blended that none of the notes goes out of the chors.

I can't help but think that Mémoire d'une Odeur is a contemporary version of those aquatic aromas that defined perfume in the 90s, Kenzo Pour Homme, as already mentioned. I like most about this perfume because its unique blend of notes smell unlike any fragrance I've experienced; there is no Ambroxan, Iso-E Super, or trendy note in here. An excellent perfume for spring and summer, beautiful in the morning as soon as you wake up, you can wear it every day, in the office and on a date, with your most casual attire and when you are dressed to impress, but also if you go out to do a walk or jog. As for performance, well, both sillage and longevity are minor than moderate on my skin, settling close to the skin after nearly an hour. Strictly speaking, I did not expect that from an EDP concentration, the trail would remain discrete. We are talking about an intimate fragrance rather than a juice that will turn heads as you pass. Overall I like it, and a lot.

I based this review on a 100ml bottle I have owned since April 2021.

-Elysium
Split in two
Phew, I don't quite know what to make of this fragrance. Lured by the appealing bottle I sprayed him in the store. Shortly after spraying, I find him unfortunately really terrible. On me it smells kind of fermented, sticky and almost like expired medicine? I have a hard time describing it. Since I tested it directly on my skin and not on a paper strip, I had to endure the scent for the rest of the day and I really have to say that in the end, I was pleasantly surprised. After some time, the scent developed into an extremely pleasant, fresh-woody direction. But not this "freshly washed laundry lemon fresh", but this "fresh forest air fresh". To me, the smell of this perfume smells like a beautiful girl walking through a fairytale forest with a loose dress. I couldn't stop sniffing it on my hand. Nevertheless, I did not buy this fragrance in the end, simply because this pungent medicinal smell bothers me so extremely at the beginning, and unfortunately it lasts for some time. Very sad, because the fragrance smells so pleasant at the end and the bottle also looks wonderful...
Snowrose
How even a novel rewards patience
For a long, long time I have been lurking around this fragrance. The bottle is so beautiful, but the many negative voices to the disturbing chamomile have made me hesitate. Then I was able to get hold of a miniature, I waited patiently and both with me and my partner hit the controversial fragrance immediately-sodass also the bottle was allowed to move in!

The opening is green, herbaceous, yes, but in a very interesting way that I find surprisingly not annoying. This may be due to the vanilla, which adds a warmth that I like to be patient with. I don't have to wait long before the chamomile is barely perceptible - the musk with the wood - vanilla mix surrounds me like a walk on a balmy spring/summer evening. A certain creaminess makes you think of high-quality (sun)cream (never never never forget SPF!), which even gives a certain shot of holiday feelings. But not in the sentimental wanderlust sense, rather: I have done my day's work and enjoy the season!

A quiet fragrance that can both create memories as a special feature, as well as elegantly underlines the everyday life to weigh in memories that could have been taken sketchily from novels: It takes time to be able to absorb this fragrance in its entirety!
Old photo album
Mémoire d'une Odeur is like leafing through an old photo album.
Pictures of a Sunday walk in a spa park or castle garden - it smells herb-floral, very fresh. The flowers are quite accurately planted and tended, a beautiful weeping willow by a pond. Everybody is wearing their "good" Sunday clothes, the little girl in knee socks.... holding an ice cream cone in her hand. Standing in a pergola, daydreaming away. Sunday dress is a little uncomfortable. Older ladies feeding ducks.

Then comes chamomile tea in the nursery. Comforting, protective, pause.
And an old pharmacy after a visit to the pediatrician. The light breaks softly in the old glass bottles on the shelves, their wooden scent a sweet, warm contrast to the medicinal. Trust.

I'm very surprised by the tart opening of Mémoire d'une Odeur.... scratchy... and at the same time is so retro, like those faded photos from my hometown zeitgeist books.... Like a super 8 movie from childhood.... that's how it smells... The theme is extremely well taken... brings back many memories, stills, movie sequences. At some point the chamomile comes in - but not sweet, more "apothecary"....
The impression of a Polaroid-addled 70s atmosphere pushes itself and sends images. Overexposed. But beautiful.

In between comes to me the also association, so could smell a "good" bar of soap in the modest premises of a servant in Downton Abbey. Not opulent, rather humble. Actually, a soap like this doesn't suit me - but it smells so homey-aristocratic. Maybe for the laundry drawer?
-------------------------------
Mémoire d'une Odeur is really a fragrance far removed from the "mainstream". At least, if you associate terms like "crowdpleasing" or "performance" with perfumes. In fact, it is much more layered than the fragrance description suggests. The tart opening seems to come from the weeping tree - very fresh, floral-herbaceous and very unsweet at first. The chamomile shows itself to me only later, but then, albeit gently and prudently, very clearly. So you should basically be partial to this note. I found this phase in the fragrance progression very pleasant, soothing, almost comforting. Then with the woods, the scent becomes very skin deep and a "memory of a scent". I echo the other reviews that describe the scent as quiet yet profound.
It can be suitable for everyday use - perhaps as a consolation in these stressful times - but I think it would rather distract me because of the memories that it evokes... clearly is the also unisex, m.E. but rather with a tendency in the feminine.
Just looked at the photos of the advertising campaign, because I did not know who Harry Styles is, and was still very surprised. With cheerful, flawless Millennials in the "Boho" style dancing in front of a ruined castle I would have the fragrance now so not associated...
The flacon I find very appropriate, nostalgic - really really nice!

To the durability: on the skin the next morning no longer noticeable, on the test strip unfortunately a chamomile echo in hairspray.

(Addendum: no joke. I just dropped the test strip in my coffee cup.... doesn't smell bad at all.... but unfortunately the hairspray note prevails here too).

For me, Mémoire d'une Odeur is a beautiful time travel fragrance, which reminds me of the composition of Ninfeo Mio by Goutal (I'll get to that some other time), and which I would tend to locate in spring and late summer. I don't know if I'll buy it yet, though, because both the very tart opening and the hairspray touch at the end don't immediately harmonize with my skin chemistry. But I will definitely test it further.
----------------------------------
With many thanks to Sweetyy for the Abfülling.
A walk
No, I'm certainly not going to write a factual paper.

No dissecting tables to get on the trail of secrets, rather a small tryst, a meeting of two unexpected.
Already impressed by Bloom and attracted by this gorgeous green bottle,
i tried then, shortly after its appearance, the new fragrance from the house of Gucci.
It was pure disappointment
A delicate nothing, which tempted me in my disbelief to distribute a few neat sprays on skin and clothing. Hoping, far from dominant foreign odors, his soul was already making an appearance, Mémoire remained silent, as if refusing to engage me in conversation.
Consequently, I refrained from acquiring it, but something had triggered this perfume in me, which made me seek its proximity again and again.
Today I think I know that it was the initial chamomile. As a cushion-forming perennial, I had once planted it years ago between old natural stone slabs, and typical of herbs, it released a wonderfully aromatic scent when lightly touched. A bit like the old apothecaries with their dark wooden counters and stone mortars in which many a medicinal substance was ground.

Chance gifted me with a few samples and I decided to give Mémoire unrivalled the time and attention needed to get to know each other.
This new way of meeting made me not really perceive the composition in its details, but gradually come to understand it as an overall construct.
Gradually a deeper meaning emerged, albeit with mystery not revealed.

This perfume is truly not for the impatient, no party sweeper, no nice and neat daily in the office, no freshness kick on hot days.
This fragrance calls for a date, for long walks with the intriguing stranger, for not measuring time by the clock.

Like a soul, it will never be fully grasped.
How wonderful.
Quiet... introvert
Have heard very much about this fragrance composition, also very positive...
I got him to me without having tested before and was surprised.

A quiet fragrance that lingers in my hair and accompanies me throughout the day.
Yes, it's quiet. Yes, it is not a fragrance for going out.... very introverted, just what I wanted for home office time.
It soothes, lulls me into memories of late summer days.

To know this fragrance is definitely recommendable!

Happy chamomile and jasmin
Now this fragrance is unique, not a crowd pleaser. People will either love or hate it. Personally, I like how Gucci is positioning itself in the designer perfume market with relatively non-mainstream fragrances.

The first spray is a herbal tea slap in the face. Then a floral chamomile comes through, which is truely pleasant. I get instant flashbacks to the happier days of summer vacation; sunny, innocent and nothing but positivity. After a while the freshness makes place for a heavier floral. So old and musky that, for a while, I considered washing it off my wrists. But then.. interestingly enough, in the end get a lovely drydown. Soapy florals with jasmin. Now I'm loving it again! Crazy stuff!

I liked that i tried it out. It's fascinating, completely different from any scent I have ever bought or tried before. But it's not quite how I'd like to smell throughout the day.
Laurali
The horse girl and Penaten cream
First of all, I am not a horse girl. My riding days are long gone. Sometimes I look back with a crying eye, but my interest in sports has changed and that's okay too
In spite of everything I can still remember the beautiful summer evenings I spent on the farm. After a long ride clean the horse and bring it to the pasture. Finally sitting on a bale of hay with my best friend, watching the sunset and chatting about everyday life. The smell of dry grass paired with the smell of hay & straw in the nose and the warming evening sun on the skin.

Arrived at home, first rinse off the horse smell under the shower and quickly apply Penaten cream. I love the smell of baby products. Shampoo, bath foam, body cream - all to be found in my bathroom.

But now for the Mémoire d'une Odeur:
Exactly like my described typical day at the stable I feel this smell - in the same course.
It starts today/ strawy through the camomile, but after a short time it develops into a powdery direction. The musk makes it clean and cosy. For me it smells exactly like penaten cream. This all happens on my skin within two hours. Unfortunately I can hardly notice it after that, which unfortunately does not make it a candidate for purchase for me.

Nevertheless, it is a little reminder for me of the beautiful summer evenings in the stable and when I want to be reminded of it again, I will dig my little sample out of the drawer, spray it on and wallow in memories.
She's younger than me...
The scent brings me to a performance where an older man falls in love with a young lady wearing this scent...
He takes the perfume out of her bag, smells it and is eager to buy the fragrance for her.

He hides his feelings and thinks about this woman every night before sleeping. She's so special, but so young and forbidden.

What's he gonna do? Sandalwood and vanilla make a mixture that again proves to him that it is forbidden for him...
Great scent, but a little bit difficult to wear in the long run. You've got to like the scent the way that man liked this woman...

OmardoOmardo 12 months ago
It's a brave new fragrance, one of the few real new fragrances on the market. smell like home used to smell when i was a child. very good!
FiroozFirooz 1 year ago
Delicate, unique and lovely chamomile scent. I like it very much!
HubertGHubertG 1 year ago
I'm sorry, nothing against Gucci, but I don't get it, It doesn't smell like perfume.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
"A beard doesn't make a philosopher"! A refined and precious bottle containg a very poor, watered down and almost scentless perfume. A flop
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Clean and musky white scent that sometimes wears very good on my skin and sometimes I dont like it! Mixed feelings about this one.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
It's a good cologne. Very suave and creamy. I get a peachy-jasmin vibe. Soft sillage, nice longevity. Excellent for summer/spring mornings.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Rivegauche
Wow, danke für die zahlreichen Pokale! Freut mich riesig!
Dahliengarten Baden-Baden (1)
by Mscamouflage
by Mscamouflage
by MissBiscuits
by MissBiscuits
Werbe-Arrangement von Gucci - was wollen die uns damit sagen? Fotografiert bei Müller .
by Armagnac
by Armagnac

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci The Virgin Violet by Gucci