Gucci Première (2012) Eau de Parfum

Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci

Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Gucci for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-woody. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble.

Frida Giannini

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk, White blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Leather

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.04.2019

9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Delicate little nipple
This fragrance reminds me of Italy. Not only because I wore this perfume on a trip to Venice, Verona and Lake Garda, but also because for me this fragrance radiates the elegance and femininity that I associate with an Italian woman
I think it's great that the leather note is so prominent in this fragrance because it harmonises very well with the floral notes of the white flowers. However, I also smell quite dominant pepper notes and I am really surprised that no pink pepper is listed here. In terms of intensity, I find the perfume quite good, there are days when I feel the need to spray during the day, but there are also days when the strength is perfectly sufficient for me. Overall, I would describe the fragrance as delicate but present. In my opinion it is not a "quiet little mouse" but it is also not a ramp sow.

I think it's great for days when you're getting along elegantly, because with this perfume I have in mind a slightly tanned woman with a white shirt, jeans with a dark wash, light brown ballerinas and a matching handbag with plain gold jewellery. But in my opinion, you can wear it just as well on days when you go to town to drink coffee in your little dress.

Break on Through to the Other Side

I have been revisiting many fragrances recently that I have neglected for a long time. I am finding the exercise wonderfully successful - more so than I dared hope! I think I have been ^very^ constructively coached in the meantime. And with this particular one it is not even a case of finding much new in it, but more of ^refinding^ what I perceived in the first place.

I found something a little curious about this when I first tried it. I noticed that the reviews here are not very favourable to it. But I like the °tune° that this fragrance playeth! I'm not sure that I can argue that it is a ^great^ composition, but it ^does^ have a tune that I happen to like rather a lot.

I find the fruity sweetness of it buffered - which is to say, held back from becoming cloying - by a very subtle tobaccoleafy sort of note. And certainly °sort of°, as I find that I ^begin^ to perceive a tobaccoleafy note - but then it is not ^quite^ that, but something really quite unique to this fragrance, and that teases me a great deal, and in a very pleasant way, with my wondering how to define it!

Perhaps it is the note that is listed here as 'woods', or the 'leather' one. Or maybe this rather curious note÷accord÷quality has been °rendered° into notes-list-speak by these idiomata as mere conveniences, as I agree with a previous reviewer that it does not have anything that shows ^patently^ as wood or leather; but it ^does^ have that curious quasi-tobaccoleaf °quality° that I have been here describing.

... a few hours later ...
To be perfectly honest, I am sympathising more with the reviewers who are somewhat scathing of this, on the basis of having actually been wearing it all this time since I last put anything here. I mean ... it's a bit sort of, well, dead! It really isn't a very °sanguine° perfume, this one. It's, sort of, a bit of a °flat beer° sort of thing, IYKWIM. Feel like saying to to it "come on! get up! ^do^ something!". I think the people who have been scathing of it probably well-know what I am talking about. Yet, at the same time, I'm not retracting what I said in favour of it. I don't know whether it ^could have^ been made better in the respect just cited without compromising the interesting & positively distinguishing qualities described above: maybe it ^has to be^ a bit °unsanguine° in order to have those qualities - I don't know. But it has it's uses. I can quite easily forsee occasions when I'll use it quite happily.

#######

In connection with what I said about having rehabilitated or reinstated fragrances I have long-neglected, I would like to raise the following point - not so much to sidetrack duscussion about fragrances into discussion about mysticism, but to get worked-out between us what can be done when we find that we have fragrances that we now despise and scourge ourselves for having °wasted° minlet on.

There's an item of ancient wisdom that can be found in various places - ancient Chinese, Freemasonic, all kinds of mysticism - to the effect that when you learn ^anything^ - anything ^at all^ - you go through essentially three phases: first the initial joy & enthusiasm; then the grind, as the disciplines become irksome; then the consolidation of those disciplines, and a return to the original joy - but a joy this time °exalted° by the change in oneself imparted by the installation of a body of learning in oneself. 'Breaking through to the other side', I think one could call it. And I think it is so, whether it's a skill one has learned, appreciation of an artform (including a perfume) or whatever.

When I first started using fragrances I was wowed by all fragrances; then I learned to become critical, and had crisis after crisis as I °learned° disappointment; now, I think I am °breaking through to the other side°, and I am getting back to something like being wowed by all of them - something like, but actually better!
3.0/10

Far Sob
As far a cry (or should I say sob) from Gucci No. 1 as a perfume can get. This gasp-inducing, misery smells nothing like it's warm-sounding notes. Bergamot and Orange blossom? No way. Woods, Leather? Nope. More like sweetish berries in cream of gasoline.
2.5 3.0/10

Première is not a Première
Just another generic floriental in a posh, golden bottle.
Honestly, I find it more and more difficult to tell these fragrances apart.
Is it Guess? Or Armani? Lady One Million Eau de toilette or Eau de Parfum? Or the latest Gucci like in this case? This said, it is a totally average, fairly unobtrusive scent - nothing to here to justify the name "PREMIERE". It is neither sexy nor vuluptous. I can't find any leather in it and the woody base is totally unpleasant and synthetic in a bad way. Judging from the poor quality of the ingredients used, this one should be avoided, you could be wearing something much more original for the same price.
2.5 4.0/10

AromaX
Sweet raspberry jam instead of champagne with white flowers and leather
I'd say - try it on your skin before you buy and don't let the advertising to tempt you. To my nose it doesn't smell anything what is claimed. No champagne, no white flowers, no leather. At least not as I know them through my own experience. I smell a very big purple raspberry "fruit" cooked into a jam with a lot of sweet white musk (somehow the image similar to what I get from The Body Shop Raspberry line). It's very dense and sticky and suffocating to me. But definitely give it a try it if you like the modern fruity-musky tendency (I smell it a lot in Celebrity scents). In that genre it's pretty good - rounded, has a good volume and free from unpleasant aberrations. But only if you like fruity jams.

Jazzy76 178 days ago
Pleasant and discrete in its golden deluxe bottle, it's a fall-winter daily scent not only for special occasions. But I was expecting more.

by Ginger
by Catyschatzi
by Joe
by Joe

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Gucci by Gucci Sport pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum II by Gucci