180 Ans de Créations 2008

180 Ans de Créations by Guerlain
180 Ans de Créations is a popular limited perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is oriental-floral. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Amber, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Musk, Orange blossom, Pink pepper, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.09.2020.

180 Ans de Créations was given away to loyal Guerlain customers on the occasion of the 180th anniversary of the company. The scent is supposed to represent the Guerlinade in its purest form.

Battle of the Decades
190 Ans, this year's limited anniversary fragrance, is running out as the year slowly comes to an end. I took this as an opportunity to take the predecessor, 180 Ans, back to the chest, which I still hadn't been very fond of after 2-3 tests and had put it on ice for the time being. 180 Ans is not so fluffy-excited-beautiful, much more complex, and I probably didn't feel like having a complicated relationship, or was just too flashed by the 190, too biased. Also the amber-phase (even if only latent) cost me nerves every time, because amber is the death of every fragrance for me. But then came the scarf. And with it the winter. Or vice versa.
Scarves have the property of holding scents for a long time, and only as a vague hint, and only the more durable notes, but in the present case that was a good thing.
So one evening I sprayed 180 Ans (thanks to Claudi!) before I dressed weatherproof and left the house for the rest of the evening.
8:00 p.m.: 180 Ans works. And that's me, with a bergamot, but also smoky-spicy top note. So far, so guerlainig.
Again and again I tried to unravel what exactly I smelled now. It went into the oriental, slightly spicy-sweet, but also gained in amber. I'm afraid so.
Already I lost the desire to continue to deal with the fragrance, or even to make friends.
Cut.
(Swing to the next morning, about 9 o'clock.) Was in a hurry, and threw me after a cat wash simply into the clothes of yesterday. Perfume? Later.
On the way out, I got my nose against the scarf. Pöng -
"wtf? What's that glorious thing?" I thought to myself.
It was the shadow of 180 years. He bore the unmistakable signature of the classic Guerlains: the powdery mourning of L'heure bleue, the rough velvety of Mitsouko and the beauty of the base of Shalimar. Love is all (Rose pride)
In this sense, 180 Ans is the final winner. All I have to do is use my scarf as a fragrance carrier. But since 180 is no longer brewed, it won't work very often anymore.
In direct comparison one can only say: Both have what it takes to represent Guerlain worthily for a decade. 180 gets its inspiration from the 1920s, 190 Ans is "Now!", the decade of gourmands.
Better late than never - or: Thanks to the scarf.

Syzygy73Syzygy73 8 months ago
This is beautiful. Imagine Labdanum 18 or Musc Ravageur but softer and you have this. A lovely musky floral vanilla. Classic.

by Gandix
by Gandix
by Tandi
by Tandi
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain