180 Ans de Créations (2008)

180 Ans de Créations by Guerlain

180 Ans de Créations is a popular limited perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is oriental-floral. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Amber, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Musk, Orange blossom, Pink pepper, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.06.2019

180 Ans de Créations was given away to loyal Guerlain customers on the occasion of the 180th anniversary of the company. The scent is supposed to represent the Guerlinade in its purest form.

8.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Battle of the Decades
190 Ans, this year's limited anniversary fragrance, is running out as the year slowly comes to an end. I took this as an opportunity to take the predecessor, 180 Ans, back to the chest, which I still hadn't been very fond of after 2-3 tests and had put it on ice for the time being. 180 Ans is not so fluffy-excited-beautiful, much more complex, and I probably didn't feel like having a complicated relationship, or was just too flashed by the 190, too biased. Also the amber-phase (even if only latent) cost me nerves every time, because amber is the death of every fragrance for me. But then came the scarf. And with it the winter. Or vice versa.
Scarves have the property of holding scents for a long time, and only as a vague hint, and only the more durable notes, but in the present case that was a good thing.
So one evening I sprayed 180 Ans (thanks to Claudi!) before I dressed weatherproof and left the house for the rest of the evening.
8:00 p.m.: 180 Ans works. And that's me, with a bergamot, but also smoky-spicy top note. So far, so guerlainig.
Again and again I tried to unravel what exactly I smelled now. It went into the oriental, slightly spicy-sweet, but also gained in amber. I'm afraid so.
Already I lost the desire to continue to deal with the fragrance, or even to make friends.
Cut.
(Swing to the next morning, about 9 o'clock.) Was in a hurry, and threw me after a cat wash simply into the clothes of yesterday. Perfume? Later.
On the way out, I got my nose against the scarf. Pöng -
"wtf? What's that glorious thing?" I thought to myself.
It was the shadow of 180 years. He bore the unmistakable signature of the classic Guerlains: the powdery mourning of L'heure bleue, the rough velvety of Mitsouko and the beauty of the base of Shalimar. Love is all (Rose pride)
In this sense, 180 Ans is the final winner. All I have to do is use my scarf as a fragrance carrier. But since 180 is no longer brewed, it won't work very often anymore.
In direct comparison one can only say: Both have what it takes to represent Guerlain worthily for a decade. 180 gets its inspiration from the 1920s, 190 Ans is "Now!", the decade of gourmands.
Better late than never - or: Thanks to the scarf.

by Tandi
by Tandi
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain