Angélique Noire 2005

Angélique Noire by Guerlain
Top 11 in Unisex Perfume
Angélique Noire is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum)

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesAngelica seed, Pear, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac, Caraway
Base Notes Base NotesAngelica root, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.03.2021.

Angeélique Noire is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

Surprising fragrance
Thanks to this great forum, the souk and the nice user @Malaga a sample of this fragrance has migrated to me, on which I was very excited for a long time. Thank you again for this opportunity.

Initial in the top note I perceive something herbaceous, green, probably the angelica seeds in combination with the spices. Then comes out in the heart note the incredibly authentic vanilla and dominates the top note. In the drydown first I clearly smell the pear and interestingly the scent becomes chocolaty, although there is nothing about that in the fragrance pyramid. This direct vanilla babam pulls back and stays in the background in the base. Both jasmine and cedar wood elude my perception.

All in all, a very elegant, high quality and well blended fragrance with a surprising progression from green herbaceous to chocolatey gourmand. I really like the authenticity of the vanilla and that pear chocolate cake base.

The longevity is mediocre, it lasts less than 8 hours on my skin and gets pretty skintight very quickly during drydown. On hair and clothing, on the other hand, it lasts much longer. The sillage is very subtle and more something for intimates, though I was also frugal with 3 sprays. If you put more on, it might be bigger. I will certainly test that again.
For me, it is a rather feminine fragrance, which fits well in autumn and winter, there but to any occasion, whether office or going out.

Although I like the fragrance very much, no bottle will move in with me, because for this performance, the price would be too high for me personally. Well possible, of course, that it lasts longer on other skin. A try I can recommend everyone, because the scent and the quality are really top
Jungsmama
A fragrance that is indescribable
The scent of fragrances!
Everyone who had it or knows it - loves it.
The packaging alone is already an eye-catcher. The bottle is kept simple, yet high quality and elegant. - Like the fragrance.
When you smell the bottle, you could already melt away... but sprayed on he makes you speechless.
I have long thought about how best to describe the fragrance... but that is almost impossible....
In the beginning comes a light pear that has had some sugar drizzled over it. The beautifully made vanilla comes in. (Not an artificial, sweet vanilla) - but a grown up and elegant vanilla. Sandalwood gives that certain something and finally rounds it off.
In the end remains an elegant fragrance that stands out and compliments are sure you with it.
I imagine the fragrance on a woman who is secure in life. Knows what she wants and embodies that. With a long dress, red lips and designer handbag
Oh you enchant me - unfortunately ONLY me
Wonderfully soft vanilla envelops me. Discreet, although the saleswoman meant it very well when spraying my hair and jacket. With every breeze I smell a seductive, creamy-powdery vanilla. Again and again, the fragrance comes unexpectedly into my nose, never pungent or intrusive - no always discreetly restrained, yet present and perceptible...

A great noble vanilla cream fragrance that smells recognizably expensive!

Unfortunately, my husband does not like it at all. I came home proud and euphoric with the idea to have finally found THE perfect fragrance for me and his first comment - without me having made him aware of testing a perfume: "Uh what smells here so like grandma?"
Grandma? Excuse me? Oh no
Ok admittedly, once you get that one thought in your head and you focus on it, you can genuinely perceive it as a granny scent.
Because of this comment of my husband, I can not buy it now after all. At first I thought to myself though: Self is the woman, he must finally like ME! But this association has now spoiled the fragrance for me, now I smell only "grandma" when I test it.

Flower heavy
After all the great comments, I was totally curious about the fragrance and as luck or coincidence would have it, has me a dear Parfuma enclosed a sample. Thanks again for that! To the fragrance, yes that's nice, the classification floral sweet I also find appropriate - but... even if I like floral sweet actually, I personally lack the lightness.
If flower then I see a huge heavy dark flower with full pistils, from which the nectar just drips. The scent reminds me of dried plums on vanilla + dark chocolate drops.
Delicious, more tart than sweet, beautiful but melancholy.

The is already made great, but nothing for me, but does not have to, has so a lot of fans.
FACETTENREICH - unique development
I became aware of this fragrance through the dear Leni (Leni's Scents) on YouTube. After their multiple, quite positive feedback to this fragrance, I could not help but to get me directly a filling.

To the fragrance: I have not yet smelled! & my ranking regarding favorite fragrances must now be rearranged. What can I say Initially, you actually take a very green and herbaceous and as I find also a little tangy note was, what you would not expect in a vanilla fragrance first. But I personally find it insanely great, no I love the opening & it's not off-putting at all. You can literally sniff it every minute as a warm scent note gradually emerges. We are talking about the vanilla of course! And I have never smelled such vanilla before. The fragrance evolves into a real feel-good scent. Beautiful! Such an evolution/unfolding of a fragrance I have rarely experienced.

One thing I know. As soon as my fillings are used up & also my already ordered, new filling of a Sharings leans towards the end, pulls with me certainly a flacon!
Extraordinary?
Since I have already heard so much positive about this fragrance I wanted to test it. When the sample arrived I immediately sprayed it. At first I thought wow something tart, green and a little vanilla exactly what I'm looking for! But then it became sweeter and sweeter. After some time I smelled again on my wrist what was left a powdery vanilla note. I am a little disappointed because the beginning started so well. Unfortunately, I have to say that I find the fragrance not at all extraordinary. Too bad!
Salt
Fireworks for my sense of smell
This perfume is so familiar to me. The first spray was like a revelation. It reminds me of my past, I can't quite put my finger on the memory yet, but it's there. I'm not talking about a deja-vecu, in fact I know the scent from before. When the perfume came out in 2005, I was just 13 years old. (Before the arithmetic starts, I'm 28 years old :)) )
Somewhere I've smelled the perfume, I'm sure as amen in a house of prayer.

Daniela Andrier, the mother of Angelique Noire must have a magic nose, as well as being a very good story teller. It's a fragrance I would love to bathe in again. I want to breathe it, like the air here and everywhere. An herbaceous floral sweet scent, a scent that makes you say "I want to smell like that too."

Every time I hold the spray head to my nose or spray on the scent, that moment of bliss is indescribable, I hope you can imagine my facial expression...eyes closed, deep inhale, downright inhale, pause, a more than contented sigh and exhale.
One thing I should mention, on a man I would find this fragrance very sexy, just because Angelique Noire a tad more femininity verspüht.
Geranium?
So many rave about this fragrance and because I like the SDV so much, I had to try this one too.

Hmm, I smell a lot of flowers. And again and again the memory comes from the youth, when I rubbed the geranium petals between my fingers.
Geranium? Are geraniums related to Angelica?

After half an hour I smell vanilla crescent standing behind the geranium. But only very discreetly.

Hmm, no, SDV remains my absolute favorite
It's love
And when you kiss me
the world is a little less Sch.....

Your hug offers protection
from the cold of our time.

Your beauty brings light
into my inner darkness
I'm so comfortable with you that my heart only wants to dance.

I can sink in you
With you I can forget
And finally smile again.
World You can kiss my ass!

Maybe, yeah maybe we are
yes yes again free..... nowhere
New signature?
...only one week at Parfumo - and already I have (m)found a new signature?

I already sniffed my way through more than 10 specimens and one of them does not get out of my nose: Angélique Noire. So familiar and yet so new. The vanilla gives me something familiar and familiar, the "herbal" makes it absolutely exciting. I find the fragrance feminine, interesting and inviting - including the tension.
Thanks to @leniwa for the super good recommendation!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
Green and floral opening with angelica seed and jasmine. You get a bit of sweetness and spiciness. In the drydown, the vanilla is smooth.
LexaLexa 3 years ago
I don't know how Angelica smells,but Angelique Noire is a sunny,herbal vanillic fragrance,with nothing 'noir' in it.Good tehnics.

.... Herbstverwehung ........
by Sylli
by Simetra
by Simetra

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain