Angélique Noire 2005

Angélique Noire by Guerlain
Top 10 in Unisex Perfume
Angélique Noire is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum)

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesAngelica seed, Pear, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac, Caraway
Base Notes Base NotesAngelica root, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.06.2021.

Angeélique Noire is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

Angelique Noire - My Angel
How can you buy soo an expensive fragrance only blindly: I had vacation, Corona allowed not yet everywhere free shopping and I stood in front of the perfumery and had but smooth my vaccination certificate forgotten... The ladies in Düsseldorf were very anxious to do me something good.
Thus, I got 3 candidates of my wish list to smell - of course in front of the door and only on a test stiff and cocky the Angelique Noire selected and paid.
I quickly learned to love this elixir and am thrilled. How multi-layered Angelique Noire is, I smell only gradually. The surprising scent progression pleases me extremely well, as I often lack something in fragrances.
Never has a fragrance impressed me so much: strength, security and confidence are the right words for what Angelique Noire gives me.
Warm summer nights
I was so excited to test this fragrance, because the many reviews and videos about this fragrance just had to be right.
As many here have also written, I was underwhelmed by the top note and my preliminary disappointment set in. I was then briefly busy chopping vegetables until a warm, creamy scent hit my nose. A classy vanilla, as if it had been stirred into the world's creamiest dessert. But still not too strong a sweetness that slays you. The vanilla is accompanied by a beautiful spice.

Immediately, a scenario spread in my head. I, in a bar on a warm summer day, in a summer dress with a gin and tonic in hand enjoying life.
Angélique's Spell
For a long time I was no longer so excited about a fragrance like this one. If fragrances are hyped, that goes probably past no one and Angélique Noire was so highly praised in the sky by many, I just had to know what's up.

When I then received my sample, I could not help myself and had to spray this fragrance directly on a test strip. In some reviews I had already read that there are some people who do not really like the top note of A/n find for it the drydown idolize but that there are also some people who rather like the top note find and the drydown rather do not like. I must say that I am a fan of sweet, floral and very feminine fragrances green fragrances do not really belong to my favorite category.

Long story short, of course I didn't like A/n at all when I first sniffed it. This is supposed to be the great Angélique Noire? I had sniffed a few minutes later again on the test strip and the herbaceous start had faded somewhat, but flashed I was somehow still not...

Until I gave after weeks(!!!) this great fragrance on the skin (thank God) still a chance.
In the process, I would have just had to wait and see what a beautiful, special fragrance awaits me after the top note has faded.
As mentioned starts, A/n very herbaceous that will probably be the angelica seeds. Already after a few minutes take this paired with the sweet pear perceive of the vanilla (the most beautiful part as I find) is, however, erstmal not much erschnupperbar.

But the patience pays off my dear ones and how she does that!

To the emergence comes the probably most beautiful, most luxurious, sexiest vanilla that my nose was ever allowed to sniff.
It is not a cheap vanilla that you know, for example, from Juicy Couture fragrances (sorry, nothing against JC), but a grown-up expensive vanilla. Angelique Noire has really enchanted me.

I was so flashed by A/n that I...
1. was angry with me this great fragrance directly so condemned to have and
2. I wanted to spend days just sniffing this fragrance.

To the H/S I can still say that they are super with me, would be with such a beautiful fragrance but also very sad. :)

For me, the hype is absolutely justified, because also for me Angélique Noire is a small masterpiece.
Thanks for reading :))
Candied angelica
Angelica or angelica is one of my favourite medicinal plants. You simply have to pick it fresh from the riverbank and rub it between your fingers. An indescribably great fragrance!
Exactly this smell I also get in the opening of Angelique Noire and there I find the perfume also still really great. Then, however, comes out pretty quickly the vanilla and that does not fit for me at all to the unusual scent of angelica. Somehow it clashes and does not harmonize in my nose at all. I would have liked earthy and fresh notes better. But I will now go in search of such a perfume. If you know one - feel free to write me. :-)
5.5
Similar Ylang in Gold
I was allowed to try the fragrance today, I made myself notes about the day to forget any details.
First of all, I think the fragrance is very similar to Ylang in Gold! It is strong in its vanilla note. I wore it on my wrist, it lasted about 5/6 hours. After a few hours though, you don't smell the vanilla as strongly as you did in the beginning, it's more like cedar. I don't smell caraway at all in this fragrance. I guess to make a decision if I want it or not I have to test it a few more times, especially on me. Unfortunately, I do not really understand the hype...?
Big love
I'm going to say it right up front. The scent is amazing. My match. I had to wait a long time before I could order it from Guerlain. Tadaaaa suddenly it was possible. And now you can call me crazy. I ordered it blind. Oh, God, now you can imagine how my a.... when the doorbell rang and it was delivered. My husband took the package, he already suspected what was in that black box. "That can only be perfume".
So now I was standing in the kitchen with this black box and was afraid to open it. I left it there for two hours. I can't believe I did that So before I had another heart attack, I finally had to open it. Okay. Sweaty palms. Come on, let's go. it has a tab to open... I'm rambling again...

Unwrapped. Sprayed. A giant stone plumped from my heart. It just smelled incredibly good right away. Incredible. There was nothing wrong with it. Nothing. My husband said, "Ohhh," and grinned.

Haaaach, yeah

I'm not going to describe how it smells now, even though I probably should since it's a review. Just one thing. Yes, he smells after (many) hours only vanilla. But that's just the way it is with a perfume with vanilla. But it smells like a sexy, high quality, real vanilla. The vanilla always remains.
And here, it lasts forever. Overall, one of the best perfumes I've ever smelled. Hype or not
Surprising fragrance
Thanks to this great forum, the souk and the nice user @Malaga a sample of this fragrance has migrated to me, on which I was very excited for a long time. Thank you again for this opportunity.

Initial in the top note I perceive something herbaceous, green, probably the angelica seeds in combination with the spices. Then comes out in the heart note the incredibly authentic vanilla and dominates the top note. In the drydown first I clearly smell the pear and interestingly the scent becomes chocolaty, although there is nothing about that in the fragrance pyramid. This direct vanilla babam pulls back and stays in the background in the base. Both jasmine and cedar wood elude my perception.

All in all, a very elegant, high quality and well blended fragrance with a surprising progression from green herbaceous to chocolatey gourmand. I really like the authenticity of the vanilla and that pear chocolate cake base.

The longevity is mediocre, it lasts less than 8 hours on my skin and gets pretty skintight very quickly during drydown. On hair and clothing, on the other hand, it lasts much longer. The sillage is very subtle and more something for intimates, though I was also frugal with 3 sprays. If you put more on, it might be bigger. I will certainly test that again.
For me, it is a rather feminine fragrance, which fits well in autumn and winter, there but to any occasion, whether office or going out.

Although I like the fragrance very much, no bottle will move in with me, because for this performance, the price would be too high for me personally. Well possible, of course, that it lasts longer on other skin. A try I can recommend everyone, because the scent and the quality are really top
Jungsmama
A fragrance that is indescribable
The scent of fragrances!
Everyone who had it or knows it - loves it.
The packaging alone is already an eye-catcher. The bottle is kept simple, yet high quality and elegant. - Like the fragrance.
When you smell the bottle, you could already melt away... but sprayed on he makes you speechless.
I have long thought about how best to describe the fragrance... but that is almost impossible....
In the beginning comes a light pear that has had some sugar drizzled over it. The beautifully made vanilla comes in. (Not an artificial, sweet vanilla) - but a grown up and elegant vanilla. Sandalwood gives that certain something and finally rounds it off.
In the end remains an elegant fragrance that stands out and compliments are sure you with it.
I imagine the fragrance on a woman who is secure in life. Knows what she wants and embodies that. With a long dress, red lips and designer handbag
Oh you enchant me - unfortunately ONLY me
Wonderfully soft vanilla envelops me. Discreet, although the saleswoman meant it very well when spraying my hair and jacket. With every breeze I smell a seductive, creamy-powdery vanilla. Again and again, the fragrance comes unexpectedly into my nose, never pungent or intrusive - no always discreetly restrained, yet present and perceptible...

A great noble vanilla cream fragrance that smells recognizably expensive!

Unfortunately, my husband does not like it at all. I came home proud and euphoric with the idea to have finally found THE perfect fragrance for me and his first comment - without me having made him aware of testing a perfume: "Uh what smells here so like grandma?"
Grandma? Excuse me? Oh no
Ok admittedly, once you get that one thought in your head and you focus on it, you can genuinely perceive it as a granny scent.
Because of this comment of my husband, I can not buy it now after all. At first I thought to myself though: Self is the woman, he must finally like ME! But this association has now spoiled the fragrance for me, now I smell only "grandma" when I test it.

Flower heavy
After all the great comments, I was totally curious about the fragrance and as luck or coincidence would have it, has me a dear Parfuma enclosed a sample. Thanks again for that! To the fragrance, yes that's nice, the classification floral sweet I also find appropriate - but... even if I like floral sweet actually, I personally lack the lightness.
If flower then I see a huge heavy dark flower with full pistils, from which the nectar just drips. The scent reminds me of dried plums on vanilla + dark chocolate drops.
Delicious, more tart than sweet, beautiful but melancholy.

The is already made great, but nothing for me, but does not have to, has so a lot of fans.

Ka3nKa3n 3 months ago
That one is rounded so smoothly, love what Guerlain carries in "L'Art et la Matière" collection. Jasmine, Pear and Angelica heaven. Must try
TorkeTorke 3 months ago
This is probably my favourite fragrance, and that is saying something.
Amazing combination of Angelica and beautiful vanilla. A work of art
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
Green and floral opening with angelica seed and jasmine. You get a bit of sweetness and spiciness. In the drydown, the vanilla is smooth.

.... Herbstverwehung ........
by Sylli
by Simetra
by Simetra

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain