Angélique Noire 2005

Angélique Noire by Guerlain
Top 12 in Unisex Perfume
Angélique Noire is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum)

Daniela Andrier

Top Notes Top NotesAngelica seed, Pear, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac, Caraway
Base Notes Base NotesAngelica root, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.11.2020.

Angeélique Noire is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

New signature?
...only one week at Parfumo - and already I have (m)found a new signature?

I already sniffed my way through more than 10 specimens and one of them does not get out of my nose: Angélique Noire. So familiar and yet so new. The vanilla gives me something familiar and familiar, the "herbal" makes it absolutely exciting. I find the fragrance feminine, interesting and inviting - including the tension.
Thanks to @leniwa for the super good recommendation!
Angelica and I...
I had read and heard a lot about this fragrance before. The expectations were correspondingly high. What can I say... they were absolutely fulfilled. This scent is so wonderfully warm and dark and almost comforting. Like an embrace, it envelopes you. I have already received many compliments for the wonderful Angelica. The durability is unbeatable.
For me an absolutely successful work.
Sarahmuhl
Angélique Noire - that's what a lovely hug should smell like
Where should I start? Let's start with the design. The fragrance is part of Guerlain's L'Art et la Matière collection, and I think the bottles are wonderfully elegant, yet quite simple. Very different from what you're used to from Guerlain, don't you think ?
But let's start with the scent. And WOW, it's rare to find fragrances that I test and buy on the same day. Whoever is active on YT will surely know the dear Leni from Leniscents and I must confess that I only became aware of the fragrance thanks to her.

Here you get a strong herbal note in your head, this must be the Angelica plant, which is still unknown to me, okey I thought.... not really my thing!, but through Leni I knew that the fragrance would unfold, so let's let it work. After a few minutes I realized that the scent suddenly became warmer and I was just allowed to smell the most beautiful vanilla I have ever smelled. How can a fragrance develop like that ?, I thought to myself. It was clear that I must have this special scent in my collection. For me, this fragrance means a wonderful, lovely embrace. You just feel right at home. Especially in autumn and winter time perfectly wearable, the shelf life is about 8-10 hours and the sillage is not too strong. I have the feeling that Angélique Noire is very close to the body, which I like very much Oh, a perfumery employee thought that I was too young at 23 for this (according to her statement) rather "older" fragrance. I, on the other hand, find this fragrance very timeless, but I guess that's a matter of opinion.

Thanks Daniela Andrier and Guerlain, for this great creation! Absolute favourite at the moment. And thanks Leni:)
2020Antiope
Where did the dreams disappear to? I spread my arms and
With Angelique Noir you (woman!) wear a fragrance which - similar to "Fleurs d'Oranger" - is either loved hotly or rejected without understanding and head-shaking. But that's the way they are, our noses; it would be boring if they all fell into the same intoxication!
After all the apt and detailed comments that have already been made here, I find it difficult to find the "dot" with which I should express my love for Angelique Noir in particular; it is probably simply decisive how the fragrance develops on my skin. Ingenious. Simply ingenious. It makes me feel like "Sa Majesté" and I am also competing with Cleopatra and Salomé without being able to dance so excitingly or present the famous wasp waist!
Angelique Noir gives directly or indirectly - depending on how intensively you work with the fragrance - the feeling of being completely independent above things; you still have unpaid bills at home? Uninteresting! The wallet leaves no room for the next holiday in the south? It's not so bad; Angelique Noir IS on holiday! Too much stress in everyday life and too much "important" stuff in your head? Close your eyes and dream! Angelique Noir leads you into your own dream world, where all wishes and desires let you forget time and space.......
With Angelique Noir the smile comes back and the ability to forget everything.......!
Oh Angelique
When I first smelled you, I was instantly drawn to you... you're warm, enveloping, cuddly, attractive, extraordinary, vanilla... Oh, Angelique... even though I already know that despite the price I need (!!) a bottle, every drop of my bottling is used and I am looking forward to many compliments that you will give me
Exclusive female beautician
What a beautiful, opulent and feminine scent, wonderful to dive in with your nose. Angelica root and this fine slightly smoky vanilla, which strikes me again and again in his spell ... i do not find it sweet rather very adult full-bodied, almost like a really good red wine. I have once tasted a red wine that matured in chestnut barrels was simply incredibly delicious and a fantastic taste. That's how I feel with this perfume, you can smell the high quality of the individual ingredients, very valuable. I don't think I need to mention that he's doing super well, do I? It also has something spicy about it, through the spices and the wood results in a very nice melange. A wonderful feminine perfume that paralyses almost every man in an elegant and sensual way. This fragrance house knows its trade. For this fragrance I imagine a woman who is conscious to have been born as a woman with all her beautiful facets and also dares to live them out. Empathetic, generous, a little crazy, with free will, a modern Amazon, this mother protects her children to the extreme, a lover par excellence, the best friend ever, oh I could enumerate 1000 more qualities, you know what I mean . I believe that you remain true to this fragrance for a very long time - for me one of the top ten ever. It makes us wonderful women even more beautiful, underlines our inner beauty very fine....
DerDefcon
The "fear" of the one fragrance
Before I dedicate myself to Guerlains "Exklusivling", I would like to express again my thanks to "Aika1547", who sent me these to test - beside three further interesting smells mind you -. I was very happy, because I am currently testing the expensive Maison Christian Dior series a little bit and Guerlain's "more exclusive" has also fixed me a little bit. Compare here, compare there and find that all of them are sinfully expensive. Nevertheless, there is the attraction of testing those fragrances on a "heart" and "base" basis, perhaps simply to expand one's own horizon of fragrances a little.
Speaking from the base, I immediately come to the fragrance that prevails here. We are talking about vanilla, which is thick and bold in the fragrance pyramid - and rightly so, by the way. Before my skin is completely wetted by this exclusive composition, my nose is flattered by a very floral vanilla with a hint of green. The pear in the top note sinks a little here, but is perceptible. The pepper, on the other hand, is barely audible - so not worth mentioning.
I already have a bit of a jitters with such an offensive vanilla, because there are quite a lot of scents in which this scent devours and crushes everything. Do we also have to deal with this problem here? Let's have a look at the further course of the fragrance.

"Angélique Noire" is one of those fragrances in which it is not possible to have a strict structure of head, heart and base notes. Everything is immediately there and so we are dealing with a very authentic vanilla, which - despite the "fear" mentioned in the commentary title - does not strike us down, because floral notes, such as those of jasmine as well as slightly balsamic ones, due to the presence of the angelica root, wonderfully enclose it and curb its intensity. The dreaded, one-dimensional and in other fragrances unfortunately not seldom occurring vanilla broth is thereby put a stop to. The end result is a DNA that is sweet, but many a current "Kleberling", "diabetic causer", "sweet penetrancer" (exaggerating makes vivid), so what seems to be such a little fashion today is far superior. DNA's a classic. Some would perhaps even speak heretically of an "outdated" or outdated, a grandmotherly one, but even if all this may be a little bit true, I find their nature somehow refreshing, I compare it with current, not always quite so pleased, over-sweetened developments. And if there is one thing that "Angélique Noire" has in common with the current trends in vanilla fragrances (not all of them, of course), it is the really excellent durability and the more than just moderate Sillage. Therefore, please dose carefully, dear Parfumas. Yes, I have consciously chosen the female form, which has to do with the fact that I personally see this fragrance more on a mature woman than on a man, even though as a "Baccarat Rouge" wearer I am truly the last to set any gender boundaries.

So have a lot of fun with the "Exklusivling" from the house Guerlain, if you are ready, the necessary small change to berappen.

Angélique and caraway seeds
I already know that this fragrance was named after the medicinal and aromatic plant Angelica/Engelwurz.
But first the heroine in Anne Golon's novels comes to my mind; what did I devour and how many later on in "Harry Potter" did I look forward to the next volume.
In the lending library one needed already at that time some patience and my mum didn't like it that I read these novels: She didn't know these books, but in her opinion I was still too young!
Well, anyway: I will never forget my red cheeks and the excitement of reading.

What a series it was: "Angélique", "Angélique and the King", "Indomitable Angélique" and so on, until she finally found her Joffrey again at the end of the fifth volume "Angélique and Her Love".
How had the French king rushed her through Europe with his fanatical hatred until she and her children managed to escape from France via the Huguenot stronghold of La Rochelle.
Together with her only love, Count Joffrey de Peyrac, who was later persecuted by the French king and the clergy and burned at the stake when a feared pirate made the oceans unsafe, she had several adventures in America
Here we see once again, albeit exaggeratedly: Rejected men can be so cruel!

And the movies first! The racy Michelle Mercier embodied Anne Golon's novel character in such a way that, for me, both images still overlap: here, "non-fiction" and "fiction" - word and image - overlap Against this background for me "Angélique" is first of all redheaded and not "noire"!
(This works as little as I can imagine a blonde "camellia lady".)
But of course I took this hurdle with more or less bravura: Guerlain has created something very special again with "Angélique Noire".

The opening alone with the spice of the Angelica seed, which meets pears spiced quite well with pink pepper: surprising and attracting attention.
Already now there is a slight hint of caraway aroma - practically as a prelude to the further development of fragrance!
A beautiful, full-bloomed jasmine in mature beauty unfolds its aromatic power, but is put in its place by caraway.
A quite interesting fragrance development, but ...
Caraway, as much as I like it in the kitchen; it often causes me slight problems with fragrances.
Even the "Absolue pour le Soir" by MFK, so praised by the gentlemen here, doesn't really want to harmonize with my skin.
For me, caraway dominates both fragrances, so we have to get something together or go our separate ways in this relationship Please don't misunderstand: "Angélique Noire" is also for me a very refined fragrance!
The finale with vanilla and cedar wood is extremely successful; only the angelica root with its own touch of caraway is a bit strange for me!

Apparently "Absolue pour le Soir" and "Angélique Noire" have founded a WG in which they will not tolerate me!
The really extraordinary long durability lets the prickly, combative characteristic of the Kümmel "shine" for a long time!
If on my skin all the other scents seem to be only breathed along, the caraway aroma is still very active!

"Angélique Noire" is an all around successful scent composition; it doesn't matter that there is a fight "caraway vs. serenissima" here, where I stay on the track.
This is a highly personal sensation!

Angélique Noire' will therefore be able to continue its journey without regret; the filling is already in the basket of a perfumer.
I am curious about their experiences; but I still have to be patient a little bit.
We both still collect.

However, this test (it wasn't a failure!) did something: I'm going to follow the traces of passion and adventure tourism through the "Angélique" novels.
I'm very curious whether I'll be so captivated by this protagonist again after almost fifty years.
Unfortunately, the fragrance did not succeed!

Turandot
A gap in my collection - that must change again.
It's been eight years. The exclusive Guerlaindüfte was available as far as I know at that time in Germany only in Düsseldorf in the Breidenbacher Hof. So I took my pocket money and a bit of courage and drove through half of Germany to my first perfume meeting. Oh, that was nice! How did I enjoy staying overnight in a hotel that was too expensive, and also sniffing the scent of the big wide world. That was worth every Euro to me. I greet hereby all perfumos, with which I was allowed to swarm there in Duftorgien.

In the Breidenbacher Hof I enjoyed the excellent advice I had hoped for. I didn't know many of the exclusive guerilla scents yet and hoped to get an adequate replacement for my deeply mourned parure. The scent should be dark, mysterious but without kitsch, a little rough and brittle, it shouldn't fall into the house with the door, and it should be a perfume that I can celebrate and not just spray on as I pass by. So Angelique Noire came into my collection for the first time. I had wisely followed the advice I always gave my customers when they were looking for a substitute for a perfume: Don't look for a fragrance that smells similar - you'll always be disappointed. Find a fragrance that you like too. That one does not test then in opposite direction is clear and thus one becomes rather fndig and above all rather content with the result to be
At that time I still got one advice which I could not follow because of lack of money, because it was suggested to me to lay Angelique Noire with L' Heure Bleue! What I had considered a taboo was expressly recommended to me in the Guerlain temple of all places. Today it is clear to me that this also happened with the ulterior motive of turnover, but I actually tried it out later and see there: Angelique Noire, who otherwise seems a bit brittle, thereby reinforces his melancholic, romantic side and L'Heure Bleue becomes a bit more strict and straightforward. The fact that the fragrance thus gets such a similar inner glow as Parure cannot be denied by the hand. Nevertheless, I have mostly enjoyed every scent for itself alone.

Angelique was in my collection for some time and in the meantime I got to know and love other fragrances. The bottle was empty and did not have to be bought again immediately. But slowly I feel a longing for the warm, spicy and tender scent in the heart area, which nevertheless has a bitter and powerful effect on me. I think I'll at least put him back on the wish list. And whether with or without L'Heure Bleue, it's time to celebrate the old Guerlain treasures again. How nice that I now only have to make a detour to Munich.
Chocolate pear cabbage
Well, a friend's first reaction was, "you smell feminine!" You're right, the scent is more likely to smell of women. But I don't care. The fragrance is so beautiful that it is still worn by me!

The smell strongly reminds of a chocolate fondue eaten with pears. The sweetness is unmistakable, as is the fruity pear. What also arrives, however, is a certain green note. She'll clean it all up for me. No chocolate stains on the tablecloth, but a fresh washed cloth with good people around who don't lose the chocolate on their way to the mouth.

I imagine myself super also at men, with very formal occasions, with which one (n) can be simply times well-behaved and may.

LexaLexa 3 years ago
I don't know how Angelica smells,but Angelique Noire is a sunny,herbal vanillic fragrance,with nothing 'noir' in it.Good tehnics.

.... Herbstverwehung ........
by Sylli
by Simetra
by Simetra

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain