Aqua Allegoria Bergamote Calabria (2017)

Aqua Allegoria Bergamote Calabria by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Bergamote Calabria is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Ginger
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk

Submitted by Porcelain, last update on 19.04.2019

8.0 6.0 6.0 8.5/10

Schoork
When it gets warmer again
The Easter Tip.
Once you dive into the world of allegorias, you stand there. So many different scents to test, to analyse and to rate as good, good or not so good.
One of the ones I liked best is this one and that's thanks to FvSpee, who inspired me with his comment here in front of me to test this fragrance line once. I confess, I haven't been through this long either. I also liked Mandarine Basilic very much, but it is also excellent for a lady.

Most of them are advertised as women's fragrances, but I think that one or the other is quite suitable for men.
This one is funny enough a unisex perfume and that should be everyone in principle.

I didn't know this series at first and thought at the beginning that it was a high price series, but that's not the case, you get them all for a good price. This one is about 40€ online, that can be considered as cheap, because we are talking about a little water from Guerlain.

Of course, you haven't really taken the perfume world out of its hinges and created something that has never been there before. This isn't about being unique, being trendy, being cool, but simply about a fluffy refreshment in the summer, which is somehow cool.

Here nothing is too strong, nothing too heavy and nothing gets on your nerves at some point.

That's not new, but well done. Somewhat bitter bergamot makes its way into a white musk bed and meets on the way a little Petigrain and ginger. I must confess that I am not consciously aware of cardamom now, but probably it simply rounds off the total package.

This lightens, refreshes (just at the beginning) and accompanies you for a few hours. Of course not all day.
But you're welcome to add to the price. A poem in midsummer for sure.

People who know me better now know that I am good at fresh scents and always have an open nose.

I'm impressed with some of the series, but I think this one currently appeals to me the most.

You can test this series without hesitation, there are always new creations added and a really bad one I have not caught yet. But there are a lot of them, too, so take your time.

Maybe it is also interesting for one or the other, or is still looking for a suitable Easter present.

Speaking ofbr /> I wish everyone a Merry Easter, many colourful eggs, a nice time with the family and delicious food. Smells good on holidays and enjoys the decelerated time a little.

In this sense and because I want to show off my foreign languages.............................................................................................. Buenos Eires!

Love you.

S.
8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Simple recipe, perfectly cooked
A tried and tested simple recipe for making an appealing summer fragrance, which has been used frequently in recent times, is to mix a citrus note with a green culinary herb such as basil or thyme or with another spice such as cardamom. Citrus always conveys the feeling of freshness, and the herb provides a beautiful (and also fresh) antipole. In the somewhat more complex variant, a third component, more in the base note range, such as musk or wood, provides greater depth, durability or suppleness.

This is how a large part of the successful and thoroughly successful Acqua-Colonia series from 4711 works - namely the varieties "Lime & Nutmeg", "Mandarin & Cardamom", "Lemon & Ginger" and "Blood Orange & Basil". Many Acqua-di-Parma fragrances and, at Hermès, Concentré d'Orange Vert and some of its brothers work on the same basic principle.

As simple as the recipe is (you can of course modify it further at any time, for example by replacing the citrus fruit with berries, by adding floral tones to the heart note, or by using more than one base note, such as wood AND vanilla, instead of one), it works so well. Assuming a certain ability, almost nothing can go wrong, apart from the often low durability. In other words, I like such scents.

But you can't buy them all after all. I got myself two in quick succession: First, the Concentré d'Orange Vert I mentioned earlier, which has been on my wish list for at least two years, and this fragrance here, which I bought spontaneously after a short trial. I haven't regretted it.

The bergamot and petitgrain, which do not appear separately here, but strike together as an integrated hesperidic special unit, ensure a wonderfully bright, radiant, clear and cool freshness with a green-tart, lime-like touch, which is perhaps responsible for the fact that this fragrance is the only one of over 40 of the "Aqua Allegoria" series to be listed here not as a women's fragrance but as unisex (is it too; I feel it to be more masculine if at all).

The ginger (warming in winter, but still with a fresh, summery note, see Ginger Ale) rounds off the thing in the sense of a point on the i. But he - and even more the cardamom, which I can only guess at best - know about their role and let the citric free rein in principle.

The white musk, on the other hand, is used so finely, probably in small doses, perhaps also treated in a special way for production purposes or chemically bound, that it does not soften the hesperidic leitmotif in matt white, underlay it with cream or the like, but only gives it something like the final touch (and perhaps increased durability)
The basic theme sketched above has been masterfully executed here, the result is a radiant, fresh summer and good mood fragrance, which is enormously valuable and, despite its simplicity, not trivial, but elegant.

Bergamote Calabria appears powerful at the beginning, then quickly loses intensity and you think you hardly feel a scent residue on your own body, you want to complain about the low durability, until then it becomes clear that the scent has not distorted, but only withdrawn. It remains present in the room for several hours anyway; on the body for at least six to eight hours as a kind of aura, which is reactivated in the case of physical exertion, such as sport, and then begins to radiate again
The bottle has the rather unusual but, in my opinion, practical size of 75 ml. I find the form beautiful and practical; I also like the honeycomb motif. However, the honeycomb grid top could be more valuable.

Nachsatz 1: The direct comparison to the (almost) homonymous Acqua-di-Parma fragrance would certainly be attractive.

Addendum to the Aqua-Allegoria series: This series by Guerlain, although not yet old, now comprises over 40 fragrances, mainly of the type of feminine light summer water with floral and/or fruity orientation. "I also tested "Mandarine Basilic", "Herba Fresca" and "Teazzurra", which fit into my baggage scheme (and don't seem too feminine either), I like them very much, even if not quite as good as this one. But what I would like to get off my chest is that I don't like this restless, even inflationary edition policy. Do the Guerlain people want their customers to test 45 fragrances? Plus the other guerlains that aren't on the show? Plus maybe some from other companies? Don't we have a job and a family? In my opinion, the fragrance companies are also there to make a certain pre-selection and accentuation and to present "their selection" to us as a suggestion for consumption. Then you can also say: "Guerlain convinces me". If in just a few years dozens, even hundreds of fragrances are launched on the market, every outline is lost, then they can also offer 1000 fragrances to mix themselves. I find it annoying.
8.0 5.0 8.0 8.0/10

Perfect for the summer
Calabria - I've always wanted to go there. Just not with bergamot. I don't like them. Too pushy and strict.
I'm sniffing the bottle. Phew, that bergamottet. It takes me to overcome pressing the spray button. Ua, this is how I must walk now. All right, just one wrist. Even that's too much for me.
After some time, the fragrance becomes softer, smoother. The nose-biting bergamot says goodbye. Almost seamlessly the fragrance changes into musk. I'm not allowed to breathe on it, then it bergamotzt immediately again. No, it's ginger and cardamom. Spicy, sweetish-hot. I'm surprised at you. Really, I didn't think I'd like a perfume with so much bergamot. Bergamot always seemed to me like a strict teacher with a hair knot or like an old great-aunt you visit. One falls in love with her biscuits because she is happy, although one can hardly swallow the biscuits. In the apartment it smells strange and shortly before you leave, you discover a perfume bottle with a brownish liquid in the bathroom.
This bergamot is younger, more pleasant, less brittle. Herb, but warmly. The fragrance is well balanced by the cloudy soft velvety musk base. Do I really have to get it? I'm not sure yet. Thanks to Aqua Allegoria I make friends with bergamot. We approach slowly, with each test we move a tiny bit closer to each other.
Overall a well made fragrance, perfect for the summer.

by Jensemann
by DerOlli
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain