Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca 1999

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain
Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 1999. The scent is green-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Veilchen

Top Notes Top NotesCloverClover
LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCurly mintCurly mint
Green teaGreen tea
Base Notes Base NotesLily of the valleyLily of the valley
CyclamenCyclamen
Pear blossomPear blossom

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.10.2021.

Something completely different from Guerlain
Herbal freshness combined with mint and clover. Unpretentious, tangy, fresh. Spray on and feel like in the herb corner in the garden center. After a while, the spoiled nose picks up a delicate lily of the valley scent that is still very distantly kissed by mint and lemon. For me, my late summer companion in the office and leisure time, gladly also during sports. If you want to have something of it all day, you can't avoid re-spraying. Someone wrote that this fragrance had replaced J'adore and Dune in her, I can completely understand, the 2 fragrances mentioned were companions in my youth- J'adore I put on for hunting and Dune wafted around me in the professional area- both fragrances would be much too loud and too inappropriate for me, meanwhile I could no longer keep what the fragrances promise. But that doesn't matter, one continues to develop. Herba Fresca describes me much better
Serenissima
this was the first of this series
The turn of the century/millennium brought big changes to my life: Death and separations had to be coped with.
Not much was left of the usual "bird of paradise" after the last shards were cleaned up.

So it went in my world of fragrances:
"J'Adore", which had been particularly recommended to me by my lovely saleswoman at the Christian Dior boutique and which I liked very much, was at the very back of the wardrobe.
A friend was rummaging, without saying a sound, in my bathroom and had sprayed herself with "J'Adore" (Is that what you do?: I kept silent!
I was still silent even when she told me that "J'Adore" had moved in with her; not without disapproving remarks from her husband.
I also sent Dior's "Dune" "packing" for similar reasons.
I will report on this later in an appropriate place.
So I stood lost - naked and bare - in the fragrance world and knew only that something glamorous at that time did not fit me at all.

One afternoon I strolled once again through the then very beautiful perfumery department of Wertheim on Kurfürstendamm and spotted these pretty flacons at the Guerlain depot.
The 30 ml size in particular looked particularly lovely and balanced with its little dome of gold mesh and sphere-like cap.
Following my resolution to "tread other paths", I chose "Aqua Allegoria - Herba Fresca".
That was yet something completely different!

Only today I really appreciate this green and white benefit: it brings spring to the city!
The cold, snow and rain have faded, the power of the sun warmed through the recently frozen earth, tenderly caressing trees and plants.
The "bulbous creatures" have already faded, the living green is no longer quite so transparent: the birds cheerfully proclaim: it's spring!
"Primavera" scatters the first blossoms from her apron!

Thus "Aqua Allegoria - Herba Fresca" also opens with a nest of tangy-spicy clover; only the four-leafed "Make a wish" we are looking in vain here too.
Instead, there is a squeeze of fresh lemon and also the mint does not let itself be lumpen: but the winter was also cold and long for them. So she now generously exudes her familiar aroma.
All this is an invitation to the first cup of tea outdoors; of course, green tea fits here, especially infused with a few leaves of mint.
Refreshing and invigorating, at the same time an invitation to prolong your stay in the green, face up to the sun.
For there are already so many beautiful things to see: in the sparse undergrowth, many white panicles of bells shine in their dark green leaf rosettes and the small wild cyclamen, together with the lilies of the valley, are fragrantly rejoicing in the days that are getting longer again.
The fruit trees are also preening themselves with their blossoms; pear blossoms resemble little white cotton balls. They look forward to the visit of insects, luring them with their delicate fragrance as they sway gently in the spring wind: this is their very own bridal dance.

Thus is born a fresh scented creature, painted in green and white against a pale blue spring sky, over which the first flocks of fleecy clouds are passing.
Everything about it is light and fleeting, just as the first months of sunshine are.

"Herba Fresca" deserves its name; it was different then, and it still is, though the "Aque Allegorie" family has grown a lot now.
A beautiful companion that makes you forget the winter and everything heavy: an allegory of spring!
A touch of fresh mint
Unagitated and light, this fragrance shows up every now and then when you no longer think about wearing the scent. A light freshness - mint, which does not sting unpleasantly strong and sharp, but easily and unobtrusively awakens a pleasant smell in the nose, which makes you pause for a moment, smirk, because you remember again.

Super nice in everyday life, when you long for a piece of nature. Normally I do not like mint, but here it shows pleasantly soft.
DasSpaetzle
When the scent of heat is gone...
...this one still works. I don't know of any fresher or more refreshing fragrance. When it gets warm in summer, I get picky. Then many a perfume is simply too much for me, too overblown and I tend to do without perfume. Herba Fresca is a very welcome exception, I can bear it even at 40°C still well. I smell lemon, fresh grass (or is that the cloverleaf?), delicious, slightly sweet mint, a little tea and some more herbal notes. Further down, someone wrote about thyme and it seems to me that I'm catching a bit of thyme, too Altogether I get the association of a summer meadow in the morning, when there is still dew on the grass, but the sun is already shining on it and the fresh scent rises.
For me in any case an absolute summer classic, from which the numerous summer fragrances that appear every year can cut a slice.

Wife ruins everything
My first impression was a very pleasant and fresh summer scent. However, my wife tried it later that evening, and immediately says “Herbal medicine”. Then I get an instant inner image of soft echinacea chew tablets used in Sweden to prevent getting colds. The taste is not awful, but special and herb:y. I hadn’t made that connection before that, but now I can’t kick the impression. From great summer scent to chewy cold remedy in one second flat. I’m a bit angry with her. Changing rating from 8.5 to 6.0 :-(
2.5

Fridge
I am just writing to the politicians to use this stuff agains global warming.

Curled Mint, you are very honest, blowing your cloud directly to my nose. How could you hide yourself while being so neon-bright?

An Orbit chewing gum with virgin mojito, that is this perfume at the beginning. The crushed green stems and leaves are realistic and authentic. AQUA ALLEGORIA HERBA FRESCA is so fresh, that you spray it upon your skin and it cools you down. The green shade is stronger and stronger, but curled mint never fades away.

Additional impressions:
- unisex
- strong, but only from close
- sillage is less than enough
- lasts more than 9 hours.

Green Tea with Mint...
What a wonderful, lovely scent! So green and innocent! It is said that Jean-Paul Guerlain wanted to evoke with this the impression of when you are a child playing barefoot in the grass... and what an impression this one creates! The tea combined with the cyclamen, lilly-of-the-valley and clover, really give a light, airy, fresh, ozonic feeling to the whole fragrance, but the mint is the real player here. It's not a toothpaste-like mint, this is more of a green mint leaf crushed between your fingers kind of mint. It's extremely refreshing! Especially when combined with the lemon and green tea.

It's definitely beautiful stuff! I put some on earlier and it lasted six hours! Even longer on clothes! In my opinion this one is perfect for any time of year... and totally unisex! In fact, men, women, children... absolutely anyone can wear it! It's calm, clean, natural and inoffensive. A real masterpiece of freshness!

The Scent of the Color of a Fresh Bruise
I was very confused by Guerlain Aqua Allegoria HERBA-FRESCA the first time I tested it. Fortunately, my decant from a fellow fragrance traveler was rather large, so I was able to come back to it.

My initial confusion appears to have been caused by seriously dashed expectations. The last thing I expected this fragrance to be was a mint-centric creation. I had already owned and drained an entire bottle of Aqua Allegoria MENTAFOLLIA, which I really like, and it just did not make sense to me that such a careless repetition would be made in this series of what once upon a time were simple albeit very natural-smelling tributes to specific notes.

The series is no longer that, but the circa Y2K launches share the same governing aesthetic, and HERBA-FRESCA falls into that group, having been launched in 1999. I think that after several wears, I have finally figured this one out. HERBA-FRESCA is both minty and anisic simultaneously. This fragrance therefore toes the line between ANISIA BELLA and MENTAFOLLIA. It is actually a perfect product of the two. The green here is tinged blue, due to herbs such as tarragon or basil which are related to anise and impart a flavor not quite reaching anise, but coming pretty close.

The combination of the mint and the tarragon or basil, or whatever is making this composition blue, yields a strangely bright afterimage-like effect. It almost smells like ink, in fact, but I do believe that this is a natural effect caused by the combination of anisic herbs with a substantive mint note.

In the end, I've come around. I now like HERBA-FRESCA, just as I reach the end of my decant. I probably will not buy a bottle, however, because even if "this" fragrance is still in production, it's probably been reformulated to fall in line with the ghastly latter-day Aqua Allegoria compositions. Some suit at LVMH (probably the same one who thought that renaming MISS DIOR and MISS DIOR CHERIE was a fine idea) appears to have decided that "no one will notice" if they remove all of the nature from the once nature-inspired series that was Aqua Allegoria.

RIP.

Mint and grass and tea
After a vodka opening, a blast of mint. But the mint soon recedes in favor of a grassy note, and then is succeeded by tea. And then the grass. And back to tea.

While the mint is indeed a continuous presence in Herba Fresca, it is not overwhelming. It is refreshing.

On me, the lily of the valley and cyclamen present as an indistinct but fresh floral, still touched by mint.

Not my favorite in this line. I much prefer the Mentafollia.

Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 4 months ago
It is a lovely smell despite of being quite simple and straight forward, could be in my collection, if if the longevity were dissent.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Green, aromatic and so fresh. In the opening, I get a minty toothpaste but it quickly dries down to a spicy fresh minty green tea with lily.
BielwenassBielwenass 1 year ago
Grassy medicine. Fades away quickly.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
very fresh and green , it's a daily scent perfect in summer.Maybe too vibrant to my nose.The bottle is very elegant, in the Guerlain's style

Foia, der höchster Punkt Monchique Gebirge Algarve. Windstärke 61 KmH
by Saluka
by Saluka
by Boszka79
by Boszka79
Kräutergarten im Flakon: spritzig, zitrisch, aromatisch, sommerlich
by Baeumchen
by Fran
by GreenTin
by GreenTin

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain