Aqua Allegoria Jasminora 2011

Aqua Allegoria Jasminora by Guerlain
Aqua Allegoria Jasminora is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot GalbanumGalbanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamenCyclamen FreesiaFreesia JasmineJasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.05.2021.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

MasterLi
A lovely fresh, light, airy & transparent green floral...
I am a jasmine lover. I love jasmine in all forms and perfumes. So I had to try Jasminora from Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria line. Most people think the Aqua Allegoria fragrances lack lasting power etc. But I disagree. This is a beautiful, green, natural floral that has an indolic jasmine note which can be strong if over sprayed. It's one that I enjoy very much, and it works wonderfully as a casual, happy type of fragrance.

What I get is fresh, green bergamot coupled with the Jasmine giving it a citrus, green type of smell. It's not so much a sweet jasmine more of a very natural, green floral. It's joined by freesia (giving it a light, airy feel), and by cyclamen. Drying down to clean, white musk and bitter but smooth galbanum in the base. It's a great one for the warmer months, and anytime you want to feel "picked-up". Very green, floral and easy to wear.

Sadly, like most of the Aqua Allegoria line, this one is discontinued. As a jasmine lover I wish it wasn't. But, it's the consumer that decides which fragrances stay in that line, so this one was discontinued due to lack of sales. Shame. But I recommend this one to all jasmine lovers, and I recommend the whole Aqua Allegoria line to anyone who likes green, light, transparent fragrances (especially for warm weather).

Non-indolic jasmine
Jasmine is one of my favourite flowers. I find its scent intoxicatingly beautiful, especially during Spring. Jasmine based fragrances quite often lose a lot of their natural beauty during distillation, and as a result can smell quite indolic, somewhat like urine on the skin.

Jasminora is an exception. I really like this fragrance and I find it beautiful, cheerful and crisp. The jasmine accord is light, sweet and natural, further complimented by green, citrusy bergamot.

I half expected this fragrance to take on a soapy quality towards the drydown, but thankfully it remained fresh and floral. I feel pretty and content wearing Jasminora, it's like a ray of sunshine on a dark day. I think I may have found my signature fragrance for the warmer months.

I'm not usually one to delight in citrus accords, but in this particular fragrance the citrus is what makes this fragrance so enjoyable. It's also half the reason why the jasmine settles so nicely on the skin. I would describe Jasminora as a zesty floral resulting in an uplifting and bright sensation.

Other than the jasmine, lily of the valley and freesia also have big roles to play. I can certainly see why some may compare Jasminora to Diorissimo. The florals are all green in nature and somewhat dewy and fresh.

The lasting power is really good, as other reviewers have noted. In terms of sillage, I would say it's moderate, not too strong but certainly noticeable. I highly recommend.

1 short view on the fragrance
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
A fresh and lightly sensual embrace: the Jasmine solo is accompanied by a White flowers choir with vibrant citrusy accents. Good sillage

Images

7 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Béluga by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain