Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde 2014

Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde by Guerlain
Aqua Allegoria Limon Verde is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-citrusy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesKey lime, Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCaipirinha, Fig, Green notes
Base Notes Base NotesVenezuelan tonka bean

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 04.01.2021.

Short love
For months I swarmed around this row in every shop that offered even the slightest scent, each time testing a different fruit and herb from Guerlain's inexhaustible garden, and was so fascinated by these simple, pure, yet intense and natural scents.
A short time later I was allowed to hold the Limon Verde in my hands as a gift and in summer I used it with great pleasure - for the time being. Over time, however, the lime scent has become an unpleasant home cleaning experience for me, whether it was the combination of the perfume and my skin or simply my nose, I don't know, but I don't like using it at all anymore and wish I had gone for a bitter grapefruit or tangerines with basil or similar delights that are not quite so citrusy.

But the bottle still looks beautiful on the dresser and is a real eye-catcher and who knows, maybe it will be replaced by one with a subtly different colour at some point.
DonJuanDeCat
A caipirinha is not a predator!
Bonsoir! Well, have you been expecting me?
I'm sure it will! But hopefully in a positive way and not with thoughts like "Bah, not for long, and this cat guy will show up again right away"! ... *sigh*

I have brought you a commi again, which you can enjoy... or even maliciously leave out. Whatever. Today comes Guerlain, a wonderful brand of which I like most of the fragrances very much and therefore I like to try Guerlain very much.

Well... this scent, however, is less successful, at least for me. Not because it's so bad (it's not really that bad, but it doesn't smell so great either...), but because it's terribly boring and meaningless. Well,... it can happen. That's why this time I don't talk so much about it and I'll come straight to the description of the fragrance! And yes, all right, I just didn't think of anything else I could talk about here... :D

The fragrance:
I smell lemons or limes at the beginning. These are slightly citric and fresh, but somehow also smell a little watered down. Quickly a somewhat stuffy fragrance is added, this does not smell bad in itself, but it is just a little bit green and stuffy and looks a bit dry, which just disturbs me a little. This is the fig, a fragrance that I normally like very much, but unfortunately in most fragrances it comes across a bit too stuffy. Even though I should often rave about fig scents, not all scents with figs are so extremely great. Anyway, here we go. Caipirinha (uuuh... very dangerous cocktail, with which you can possibly embarrass yourself if you say CaiPIRANHA from time to time by mistake, for example, pronouncing it like these little predatory fish :DD), you smell a little bit, but I think that you wouldn't necessarily get a caipirinha if it wasn't listed below.
Be that as it may, finally a little sweetness is added, which comes from the tonka bean, which you can only really smell from the base.
Also in the base the citric scents have almost completely vanished of course, the green and slightly stuffy fig is still slightly present, which is unfortunately only noticed by its stuffy or dry scent, and the scent is now a little more powdery. And that's it, then. A fragrance that is not very spectacular, but does not smell bad, just a bit boring.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage has fallen out quite badly, so quite weakly. Already after a few minutes I had the feeling that the fragrance had become more body-hugging. And that's not because there's icy weather outside, because I'm testing the scent in here in cozy warmth. It's probably a better ticking in the summer, but it's generally quite weak.
This means that the shelf life does not seem to be particularly long, so that after only three to four hours you can only perceive a hint of a fragrance.

The bottle:
The bottle is excellent as always. It is cylindrical at the bottom and becomes a dome at the top. There it is surrounded by gilded combs, which looks great as always. The lid is also gold-plated and round. The light green scented liquid also looks nice for me. All in all a beautiful and handy bottle.

Yes... well, honestly: If it weren't for Guerlain, you wouldn't think that this is a Guerlain fragrance, because you're often used to better things from this brand. Because even if it doesn't smell synthetic or cheap now, this time it is unfortunately very irrelevant. One could complain here in many places: There would be the smell itself, which smells as said very boring. Because it is simply a 0815 green fresh fragrance with a light, but hardly noticeable cocktail "taste", which you will also find in many other fragrances. Then the scent is partly stuffy, which is certainly not to everyone's liking. If it would simply smell sweet like any (well-done) fragrance, then it wouldn't be anything special in itself, but at least it would smell more pleasant. An example would be Mon Guerlain: He smells of absolutely nothing new, has already been there 1000 times, but still smells really good and makes good mood and so on.
Anyway, this fragrance would still have a rather weak Sillage and a short shelf life (which is almost typical for many summer fragrances).

Soo... I like the brand Guerlain very much, but they could have saved themselves this smell, that is my opinion anyway. So I can't necessarily recommend this fragrance unless you like to collect the Aqua Allegoria fragrances and place them on the shelf. Even if he doesn't really smell bad and is therefore not a catastrophe, there are millions of more beautiful scents, as mentioned by Guerlain himself, whose scents are luckily mostly all very good. Such a runaway can happen, ... or in short: I just didn't like it, it's also possible! Phew... how awkward I described it all today...!

Otherwise the smell would be something for the summer, usable only during the day in the spare time, if one should have times nothing else to the hand. But... you can think about your next summer scent later, now comes Christmas time, then it will snow, quite typically, only after Christmas between January and February, sometime we have spring and as soon as summer is, you will then look for your next summer scent. And find him, too, but only when it's winter again, because it's always like that, am I right? I did! D
And, admittedly, it happened to me a lot, too. The summer scent can be found in winter, and the winter scent somehow in summer, argh!

CymCym 3 years ago
Citrussy & green. Unfortunately it is not light, sparkling and refreshing but claggy, sullen, thick & pasty, like citrussy wall plaster.
Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
4.5
Fresh and green. Smells like a calming spring breeze, with a twist of lime!

by Lanto
by Gumschel
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain