Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic (2007)

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is still in production.

Marie Salamagne

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Clementine, Ivy, Green tea, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesBasil, Chamomile, Mandarin, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.09.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Fresh summer breeze
Several weeks ago it was incredibly hot and the thermometer indicated 40 degrees and I had to walk several stations to a friend because the track had failed. I also stopped by a perfumery and asked for a fresh scent for the summer. The saleswoman recommended the Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic to me. It was just right for temperatures like this, she said. She sprayed the scent on my arm and I was very fond of it. I am surrounded by a fresh mandarin, not very sweet, not sour, but soft with green notes. A real summer breeze. Afterwards we went with our friend to the park for a picnic. We sat in the shade and emptied a bottle of cola and a bottle of prosecco. All the time this great fresh scent blows around me. Basil was to be guessed in the background. I could bathe in this scent! It is wonderful in summer and thanks to its moderate location it is also suitable for the office. Very flattering, with a wink he smiles at you. That's what Mandarin Basilic smells like to me. After that I was a little bit whipped, but the trip was worth it for me!
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Nights in white satin
I had bought bed linen from Mako Satin to create coolness in the beds.

On the view picture she looked appealing, but when I unpacked the sheets - oops, a pretty lush pattern with - uh , but quite a lot of red.
The design did not give me a cool impression.

The girlfriend took a look at the sheets, she found them pretty - and me as "fimmelig".

All right, fold it all up and put it in her hand.
She was touched and offered to accompany me in my search for White Satin.

Of course, when we went for a stroll, we ended up in the perfumery first.

Synchronously we reached for Mandarine Basilic and enjoyed the refreshing fruitiness, rounded off with a light iced tea note and clear neroli.
The mandarin is tangy, but becomes calmer through the chamomile, and experiences depth with the distinctive basil.
A fine, transparent companion for hot days and nights.
In addition still the suitable bedding - perfectly !

Without further ado the girlfriend carries the bottle to the cash register and throws it into my pocket.

Then we found some "White Satin" lingerie for me and heard Moody Blues at home.
10.0 6.0 7.0 10.0/10

In my hell of a scent
Is that how you're doing? Looking for a new fragrance is heaven: so many wonderful treasures to discover! To find a great scent is sometimes like Easter and Christmas in one! But: to have to make a final decision between fragrances is for me now and then my very personal hell of fragrances. Today it is about the final sprint between Mandarin Basilic, Blue Mediterraneo - Chinotto the Liguria of Acqua di Parma and Chanel's Chance Eau fraiche. And - as if that weren't enough - the advising fragrance fairy quickly threw Sisley 1 into the ring. First and relatively unspectacularly, Sisley 1 is eliminated. It's nice citric in the beginning with a tangy herb undertone, but fades quickly and disappears from the list without a sound. Second, I eliminate Chanel. I like the smell, but I want something for days like today. 34 degrees and high humidity - and there it should simply be something really refreshing. Mandarin Basilic peppered my ears with citrus. Wonderful, I immediately have the feeling that my body temperature drops a lot. With mandarin, I was thinking of a sweet or fruity scent. But this is a nice bitter tangerine skin with a good pinch of neroli - and at the same time tangerine Basilic is a green scent: kitchen herbs spicy (like a herb of the Provence mixture, but fresh and not dried) and somehow grassy. Then my nose reaches its limits. I can't even see any flowers or woods. I only smell - or at least imagine - the camomile in the fragrance pyramid after I have read that it should be contained as a fragrance component and that's it. So he stays for me until he says goodbye - after a long and pleasant time. I can still see it clearly after six hours, even though the temperatures are really sweaty. But what Mandarine Basilic has to offer is more than enough for me! Mandarin Basilic is now the third fragrance in the Acqua Allegoria series to be added directly to my wish list after Teazurra and Neroli Bianca. This is a fine, relaxed companion, especially for midsummer days! And what about Chinotto by Acqua di Parma? Well, I've been avoiding a decision this time. Because there was a filling of Mandarine Basilic and so simply both remain on the wish list. Pinched? Yes, probably, but at least I reduced it from four to two! And to test these two refreshing scents against each other again is a small sacrifice I like to make...
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

welcome to summer!
This fragrance is really powerful: a citrusy-aromatic explosion of freshness. I usually spray it in the hottest days because its effect is very energizing .A real aromacologic scent! The price is high, but to me it's one of the Guerlain's masterpieces, including the classic bottle very refined

Orange Delight!
Years ago I used to wear Clinique Happy for Men. At that point, it was different from any other cologne I had been wearing due to the "happy" orange note which gave the scent a fizzy lift and really did its job by making me feel happy. As I got older and matured, my taste in cologne changed and I no longer wanted to wear Clinique Happy. When I smelled it, I felt like I had outgrown it. It smelled too generic, too typical and not special enough. I still wanted a good orange fragrance, but one that was elevated, more mature and unexpected.
I had tried Bond No. 9 Little Italy and even though I liked it, I felt like it was too synthetic to be "the" orange scent I was looking for.
With Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic, I had prepared myself not to like it. I have tried so many scents marketed solely toward women and in the end, I gave them all away because they were too "perfumey" on me. I thought that that's where this one would be headed as well. I am pleasantly surprised at how wrong my preconceived notion was. This is the orange scent that I have been longing for, for so long. The orange is authentic, mature and airy. The basil grounds the orange, giving it depth and keeping it from becoming too cloying and sweet. This scent should be considered unisex as I see any man who enjoys the uplifting scent of orange, being able to pull it off well. Not masculine and not feminine, but rather somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. The perfect orange scent for my collection!
8.0/10

Bouzeos
not a playground ball pool, a mandarine pool
When you spray this perfume on, it feels like you jump into a mandarine pool. And the seconday notes- basil, ivy, green tea and sandalwood give a fresh touch, while still mentaining the mandarine notes in the center. Super... ...feel like singing. Super truper beams are gonna blind me, but I won't feel blue
Like I always do 'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you...
Super Trouper lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun
Smiling, having fun
Feeling like a number one

Jazzy76 127 days ago
A freshness explosion to enjoy in the hottest days: the most iconic Mediterranean ingredients for a very rinvigorating effect .Lovely!+1
10.0
Hermesh 4 years ago
Fresh and fruity, slightly bitter. Invigorating, light and cheerful scent. Even a slight sandalwood soapy note fits in well. Nice!
5.0

by Hufing
by Nw1990
by Nw1990

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain