Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune 1999

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain
Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 1999. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroliNeroli
PetitgrainPetitgrain
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.07.2021.

2020Antiope
Fresh, cheerful, fruity-tart and in the hot summer just brilliant!
I love this fresh, yet completely uncomplicated and lively summer scent, which consistently spreads good mood and even fragrance muffle to smile brings!

Pamplelune brings already with the first spray uncomplicated, without warning, lively and impetuous its tart, at the beginning even slightly bitter fruitiness, which gives on hot summer days equal to a fruit cocktail on ice breathing refreshment and just be in a good mood!

There's not much more to say about the ingenious "freshness"; who is a fan of citrus scents in all variations in the summer, comes to Pamplelune anyway not past. And who harbors in his circle of acquaintances and friends a misanthrope or a few permanent "Negaranten", which you can escape relatively well in the winter, but in the summer can hardly avoid, because despite all Misepeterei they usually always appear where something is going on, which is best advised to arm himself and his environment with Pamplelune to grumpy and muligen contemporaries and their drizzly prim nature from the outset to put a stop.
You'll see: it works!

For a summer scent, it holds up very well on the skin, though it's also no big deal to re-spray a few times. This is wonderfully fun and enjoyable, because with this "little fruit" you can not help it on hot days! Spontaneous and amused smile is guaranteed; Pamplelune with its radiant, refreshingly tart joie de vivre goes to no one on the nose, pardon, on the nerves!

Primadonna60
It's gonna be hot today!
I think we can smell differently and therefore also take different components in this fragrance water was. Of course it sounds better when there is fresh - citrus - grapefruit tart and not sweaty. And that's exactly why I love it in the summer. I know for a fact that I'm going to sweat a lot today (and maybe stink) ... but Pamelune makes me feel like it's part of today and the heat. When deodorant fails, we feel ashamed of it. Pamelune doesn't fail, this scent just fits ol-fak-to-risch. For me personally, the best and safest summer fragrance.

Beautiful tart grapefruit
I'm a BIG fan of fresh citrus fragrances and Pamplelune is one of the best grapefruit scent, if not the best!
It differs from my normal citrus/orange/lime scents I have. Pamplelune is more sharp. It has a very realistic opening and it stays that way on my skin. I only get a sharp grapefruit, maybe with a slight sweetnes later in the scent.
The scent is 9/10 for me, close but no cigar! It's all about the Pamplelune grapefruit and it does deliver, but on my skin it only lasts a few hours (3-6 hours).
Perfect for easy casual wear in the spring/summer, it does need a bit of heat to shine, so best above 20C/70F. I use it when I want a fresh scent that "picks me up" and I know will be gone in a few hours - like for casual shopping trip in the summer or even before heading to the gym. It can be used in the office, but the scent is gone before lunch.

Now, for the price and the quality of the scent, I do think it's worth it.
I would recommend this one over Pomelo Paradis from Atelier Cologne.
That said, you would have to be into citrus fragrances before buying this one, the tart/sharp grapefruit is not for everyone.
Disappointing
From the many positive reviews here I was curious. So far I have from the AA family only the Mandarine Basilic in my collection and am very excited about this summery fruit-herb fragrance cocktail. Ordered a bottling from dear Boavista, I could hardly wait for the first spray. The opening is very citrusy due to the grapefruit, fortunately the bergamot doesn't push itself to the fore. Delicious! Neroli comes floating past discreetly, petitgrain I do not know. I'm thrilled until....the blackcurrant takes over and doesn't give up. The scent doesn't develop further on my skin after that. Patchouli and vanilla, which are naturally intense, don't really come across - the blackcurrant completely dominates the course of the fragrance and its sourness evokes unpleasant associations with cat excrement. The fragrance may move on - too bad - it would have become a must-have for me without this berry

Summer love
From the original Aqua Allegoria line way back in 1999. This and Herba Fresca were the ones i heard about the most before finally trying last year. I hope you enjoy the review and thank you as always for watching.

Autumn Blues
Today someone looked at me pale and tousled from the mirror.
The nose red - like the leader reindeer Rudolph Rotnase - from Santa Claus.
Yes - is it christmas soon again?
Grumpy, I'm looking for my cardigan because I'm freezing.

But a bright refreshing - not cool - fragrance emerges from the jacket.
What was that beautiful thing ?
Oh yes - I had treated myself to a Pampelune sniffer at Douglas.
And this small dose turned the grey autumn day into a golden one.
The aromatic fruit notes are slightly astringent thanks to the currant - and clear thanks to neroli.
The vanilla hovers sweetly over it - and to my delight I discover some rose blossoms in my garden.

The autumn day can be a beautiful one after all - because Pampelune has opened my eyes.
Ulli2
...sow good ???? A fresh, new love...
If you smell like grapefruit ,

Do you come across eight years younger than you are..
Well, after the saying I had to drink this heavenly, fresh, fragrant water ...you can't have it! :-))

It's so delicious, grapefruit gourmand,
after a spray burst like a shower,
with the wonderful fruit!

Forget the almost 40 degrees heat... Breathe in, breathe in, the ethereal, invigorating, sparkling
Fragrance
A little bit of vanilla ,rounds off this summer scent
wonderful ab!
Dreamlike the experience, a fresh, new
Love...

Grapefruit In A Bottle
Pamplelune opens with a energizing grapefruit scent. I wouldn't say it smells like real real grapefruit but it's well elaborated IMO. The acedity, the sweetness and the bitterness are perfectly balanced to create a sparkling and pleasant citrus scent. After about 2 or 3 hours, grapefruit hands the relay off to an aromic base of petitgrain, decorated by a hint of sweet vanilla and neroli, and it stays close to skin for another 2 or 3 hours.

Pamplelune is relatively simple IMO, but efficient. A refreshing fragrance for summer outdoor activities. I'd recommend to someone who's desperately looking for a natural citrus dominant fragrance.

MasterLi
The best grapefruit fragrance ever!
For once Luca Turin finally gets it right! When it comes to the smell of Grapefruit, Pamplelune is at the top of the league. This fragrance has the most authentic grapefruit note I have ever encountered. This isn't a shampoo or sweet candy type of grapefruit. This is the whole, ripe, juicy fruit itself... the bright, bitter skin, the ripe pink flesh, the tangy taste, the acidic, almost sulphur-like aroma. It's so raw and authentic, and so real... that I think this is what turns some people off when they smell it for the first time.

Pamplelune (the name is composed of the French words for grapefruit "pamplemousse" and moon "lune") opens up with an incredibly bright citric, tangy, acidic and authentic grapefruit note that is given body by some herbs and green notes (neroli, petitgrain, and cassis). It is the Cassis or blackcurrant leaf which gives this fragrance the impression of the "cat urine" note, and this could equally be a combination of this note with the acidic grapefruit and the patchouli in the base. Personally I don't get this impression, to me it's an incredibly authentic grapefruit aroma which lasts for the whole length of the fragrance.

Pamplelune eventually dries down to a warm, sweet, patchouli-vanilla combination... it makes such a soft landing and impression on your skin after a few hours. Bright, fresh, zesty grapefruit in the beginning, then changing to a warmer, sweet vanilla by the end.

Needless to say, I really love this fragrance. just spraying it in any weather gives me a boost (like vitamin c)! I guarantee that it will brighten up your day and make you feel so fresh, and the best thing is, it is so well made that this authentic grapefruit lasts all day, turning into vanilla by the end. Please, ignore the association with cat urine etc. Because if you have ever opened a real, fresh, juicy grapefruit, complete with the fresh tang of the pink fruit and the acid of the juice, this is almost exactly what it smells like to me.

Try it in summer, spring, and even in cold weather! It can cheer you up! This one makes me so happy, I sometimes even call it "sunshine in a bottle"!

Delicious choice for summer
It was a hot, hot day in Système-D-land, and I had a new mini of Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune at hand, so of course it was the day to try it.

I started my morning with fresh squeezed grapefruit. There was a tinge of lemon there, too. But this grapefruit had depth. I experienced both the rind and the tart flesh.

The grapefruit lasted into the heart of the fragrance, and combined with the petit grain, Pamplelune took on a lush and beautiful greenness.

And later, when the base notes came, a revelation! Do you know toronja rellena, the Costa Rican dessert? It is grapefruit and dulce de leche, and it is deliciously sweet. Well, Pamplelune became toronja rellena in a wooden bowl. Thank goodness it was lunchtime by then!

In short, Pamplelune is a delicious choice, especially for a hot summer day.

HugoMontezHugoMontez 3 months ago
The best grapefruit in the game. Very bitter in the opening, like the peel, and slightly sweet and juicy in the drydown. A must have classic
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
So popular but impossible to not love it. Feels like there are urinous animalic note maybe. That's the sexy masculinity.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
The most authentic grapefruit smell ever. Lasts only a couple of hours though
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
I usually spray it in the hottest days: its fresh and bitter notes are very energizing. Recommended !

Im Netz der Spinne
by Gandix
Schneegestöber
by Gandix
12 Uhr mittags... flirrende Hitze
by Oberloser
by Oberloser
by 2020Antiope
Ich sehe gerade, dass ich ein falsches Foto und nichts das zugeschnittene ohne die dunkle Ecke rechts oben hochgeladen habe. Aber nun ja, sei es drum.
by PrisAloha
by Nicolsche
by Savanoja
by Savanoja

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain