Aqua Allegoria Teazzurra 2015

Aqua Allegoria Teazzurra by Guerlain
Aqua Allegoria Teazzurra is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
GrapefruitGrapefruit
YuzuYuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesCalabrian Jasminum grandiflorumCalabrian Jasminum grandiflorum
VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesGreen teaGreen tea
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.11.2021.

Fresh flatterer...
TEAZZURRA just moved in with me. And all it took was two sprayers in one bottle... I knew right away, "Yes, that's it. My new tea."
In the last few years I have unconsciously specialised in fresh-citric tea scents anyway.

As one is used to from the Allegorias, this one is also a quiet treader, fresh and unobtrusive. It should be difficult to create an unpleasant overdose.

And this one could become my favourite. TEAZZURRA starts fresh and citric - not bitingly citric, but sweetishly citric. I clearly associate freshness with green tea, which I recognize in it. Also a very subtle herbaceous note rises into my nose, but only very subliminal and fleeting.
Although not listed in the notes, I am left with a soft mint note that is rounded off by a light vanilla at the end. Repeatedly, I am glad not to be presented with floral notes here. If at all, only very slightly in the background.
The fragrance seems to me to be very harmoniously composed and yet it knocks me out in its simplicity.

Jesus, I really like this one! Ergo: I'm afraid that he will be hired, because this curse is weighing on me... The fact that it's already out of stock at most of my usual "dealers" strengthens my assumption. So once again, enjoy what I get out of it. Hopefully I can keep the fresh bottle from tipping over for a long time.
Summer without ice
In my early days, when I came across Guerlain, I was immediately interested in the Aqua Allegoria series.
Sure, as a summer scent fan :)
Teazzurra is so far my favorite from the series.
No flowers, no heaviness, no sweetness.
When spraying on I feel as if I would jump into the pleasantly warm sea, let the waves carry me, taste the salty water and breathe.
At the beginning I feel a little twinge in my nose, maybe from the grapefruit and violets?...
I don't know.
Anyway, let's get out of the waves and onto the beach.
Air-dry and enjoy a glass of cool unsweetened green tea, decorated with jasmine flowers.
The scent of violets lingers until the end. Vanilla rounds off the fragrance at the end.
The fragrance combines something tart, spicy and fresh effervescence

AFreimann
Sparkling, delicate, refreshing, and refined
Guerlain's Teazzura is a gorgeous, sparkling iced chamomile-vanilla tea with huge wedges of fresh lemon served with joy by the gracious hostess of a breezy, warm Mediterranean Summer brunch. Everyone is laughing under the warm sun, the scent of delicate chamomile tea blended with the sweetness of a sheer lemony vanilla wafting about in light-hearted beauty. There is a warm green to her that I find charming and delicate.

Fragrance: 9/10
Sillage: Soft to Moderate (if applied to textiles/ hair as well)
Projection: begins moderate and winds-up a skin-scent after a few hours (I don't mind reapplying though)
Longevity: A few to several hours (not bad for this type of scent, I might add)
Bottle: 8/10

Delicate and charming, if you're searching for a beast-mode fragrance that screams "look at me" to everyone in a ten-mile radius, this may not be your cup of tea (see what I did there?)
Though I find the fragrance VERY fleeting on skin alone, it seems to last and LAST when applied to hair and textiles.

Value = Superb. Found mine for about $40 brand new (4.2 oz).

I prefer her best in warmer/hot and/or humid weather.
Serenissima
very special summer resort in transit
At these midsummer temperatures "Moroccan tea" - green tea with mint - is my daily companion. At least one filling of the 1.5 litre teapot lands in me every day.

Those who know me as a tea lover also know that I am interested in extraordinary tea-based fragrances.
So of course "Teazzurra" from the Aqua Allegoria series by Guerlain came under my nose.

First of all, I read "Terrazzo" all the time instead of "Teazzurro".
It also turns out that this "Freudian slip-up" is not at all completely absurd: "Terrazzo tiles" are floor tiles that have been used as decorative floors since antiquity through the artistic addition of colourful components; in contrast to waxed, sanded and polished tiles.
A little bit artificial "Teazzura" seems to me too.

The slightly bitter opening is certainly due to grapefruit and yuzu.
I also had to read what Yuzu is and what you can expect from this fruit.
It is described as bitter-sour, so it goes well with the slightly bitter grapefruit and forms a skilful transition to the acidity of the lemon.
Bergamot completes this fresh summery, slightly cool greeting.
The aromatic green tea, it has drawn a trace too long, adapts well to this fruity overture. So far all aromatics fit together very well.
Jasmine should never be missing from green tea: this always very welcome white-flowering tea sets very fragrant accents here as well.
The violet does its best to round off this floral note.
(Why do I only think of violet pastilles again?)
A warm vanilla sound and a musky note complete this fragrance symphony.

I liked the head and heart note very much in the interaction, so this basis alienates me again.
Musk and vanilla just don't go with these citric scents for me.
I've stumbled across this combination before.
Actually, I had hoped that Guerlain would find a solution here that would not remind me of cracked cream.
I'm afraid this citric-vanilla-moschu scent composition and I won't be "Best Buddys" anymore.
And I have now learned that it is probably better to avoid this partnership.

That's my personal assessment.
"Teazzurra" really isn't a bad fragrance; it's fresh and cool and certainly an ideal companion if you like these fragrance arrangements.
Teazzurra" shares the shelf life with many other summer fragrances.
Even Guerlain can't change this: a more frequent after-spraying is recommended; can even be very welcome for head and heart notes with their skilful melange.
I'm sure "Teazzurra" will find a lot of friends and we won't miss me in the line of those.

My neighbour likes everything that is citric and fresh and she also has a very strong affinity for musk vanilla bases. Not always to my enthusiasm, as I mentioned here from time to time.
So this filling of "Teazzurra" ends up with her and will certainly meet with more sympathy there than with me.
That's good and right!

Friendships can not be forced and mere sympathy is a little bit to live with each other because of the multitude of scents around us.
So, no offense and "Bon voyage, Teazzurra"!
I, the old diva
I as an older semester and with no idea many scents that have accompanied me in mine already...I am sorry, do not go. Not to me, old diva. I love bergamot and I also love something completely different, but that...is not possible with me. My skin has no smell of its own, everything you spray on it stays that way. Has advantages because vanilla doesn't kill you. The scent is a mixture between Casmir (the old version, with beginning 20 one did it at that time, litre by litre) and a splash of lemon. Unobtrusive, inconspicuous and meaningless, an unpleasant green herb tickles my nose.
There will be people who like the smell, I don't like it and certainly not on me.
I'm opulent for and AEO was known here... not negative. Now the question is, is that your dishwashing liquid you brought last time? (There's bergamot and radish in it)...Och nö.
Duftsucht
How much tea does a woman need?
I confess that I have a certain weakness for tea fragrances. Not by chance was "Eau de Thé Vert" by Bulgari the first perfume that I called my own after years of perfume abstinence. Still one of my favorites - but unfortunately on me with underground durability. However, I have found a solution: It's my sleep-in fragrance... Then followed Fragonard "Jasmin Perle de Thé", Korres "White Tea. Bergamot. Freesia", both wonderfully uncomplicated summer scents and some are on the waiting list, for example Jo Malone's "Earl Grey and Cucumber". But when I spotted Teazzurra by Guerlain in the perfumery, I was still instantly smitten. It starts off tart and citrusy with a distinct bergamot, plus other citrus notes with a bitter undertone. Super refreshing and I love those bitter notes. Then after a few minutes, the floral notes are evident. Jasmine and violet from the fragrance pyramid I can believe, but the violet is only present as a powdery hint. Underneath is a nice tart tea note, but it smells more like black tea than green tea to me. Delicately, vanilla and musk emerge over time. Overall, Teazzurra is a very unexciting fragrance to feel good in. For me, it remains rather tart until the end - and that's what I think is great about it!

Teazzurra by Guerlain
The fragrance opens with citrus notes. A zesty, bittersweet smell. After a while the green tea appears, followed by chamomile. A fresh but warm composition. The tea note is quiet, green. Chamomile calms the bittersweetness given by citrus and lights it up.
It is a citrus aromatic fragrance, not only a citrus one. It is not zesty, sparkling composition. Teazzurra is warm, spice and bright. It dries down to chamomile and musk. It is more like a skin scent.
If you want a light, quiet scent with a hint of tea and chamomile, Teazzurra may be your choice. A fragrance for summer.

Mic68
Una buona Acqua, tra le migliori di Guerlain.
Ho regalato di recente questo profumo a mia moglie. Il profumo fin dalle prime aperture si fa particolarmente apprezzare poiche' ricorda vagamente Shalimar, ma ha la leggerezza e la freschezza delle Acque di Guerlain. Le note di the verde contribuiscono a dare la necessaria freschezza insieme alle note esperidate. Mentre il cuore si apre a dei bei sentori fioriti fino ad adagiarsi e sfumare con la dolcezza della vaniglia.
Cosa aggiungere? Appare ben composto. Va spruzzato con abbondanza per apprezzarne tutta la sua forza. Nel complesso è un profumo riuscito dopo alcune Acque non proprio all'altezza del nome di Guerlain. Il migliore tra le Acque Allegoria provate o sentite dopo l'inarrivabile Pamplelune che resta un ottimo prodotto.

Jasmine green tea
Green tea scents have been one of the biggest fragrance trends for more than a decade now. This year Guerlain went for light-blue and designed "Teazzura", some kind of "blue tea", obviously. On my sample it says "revive yourself with a green tea as the azure waters lap gently in the breeze." The green tea in this light and refreshing scent is aromatized by loud-mouthed jasmine. I would have preferred a pure version of tea without the jasmine, but there are other scents on the market which perform pretty well as far as a clear green tea aroma is concerned. After a nice zingy opening with grapefruit, the jasmine tea in "Teazzura" twines through. Nothing special. I also wonder where the aquatic quality is hidden. I can't detect any cool breezes in this fragrance, unless you'd say that jasmine and musk are the olfactory equivalent of "azure waters". After one hour on the skin, "Teazzurra" gets even more banal and the vanilla-jasmine drydown is nothing Guerlain's Monsieur Wasser should be proud of.

Rickbr
Much more than just a light London
Since the first creation indicators of this fragrance. Teazzurra has been pointed as a mainstream version of one of the fragrances inside the travel inspired line that Guerlain was discontinuing, the Les Voyages Olfactifs 04 Paris - Tokyo. In my point of view, Teazzurra goes beyond that, since by doing this analysis you forget that Tokyo itself was inserted into a kind of familie of fragrances where Guerlain explores simultaneously the green tea aroma and the floral aroma of wide spring apeal of Lily of the Valley. It's almost like those were an universe in parallel to the heavy gourmand love subject which is a central piece of exploration to the brand.
In this sense, Teazzurra synthesize in an ellegant way other creations from Guerlain, aligned to the brand's stratety of gain maximum return in the ideas previously explored. The combination of citric notas, green tea and jasmine remind both the 1999 creation, Herba Fresca, and the perfume that celebrates the typical flower of japanese spring, the great 2000 Cherry Blossom. E yet, in a less explicit way, it reminds of the fresh and bright part of the wonderful and saddly discontinued Vetiver Pour Elle.

Teazzurra has a soft, citrus side that even not containing mint in the opening it makes me think of a minty freshness. The lilly of the valley accord here seems calibrated precisely in the jasmine nuances, in the more abstract and luminous side, marrying it very well with the citrus part, combining it with the green elements of the greentea note and removing the more complicated elements, the rose bitter nuances, the galbanum and the sour side of citrus. The quite discreet use of chamomile confers it a calming effect, a delicate floral smell that combines very well into a musky base wrapped in discreet vanillic touches.

Teazzurra has a certain linear behavior, but it seems to remember me of the summer pleasures. It's fresh, compact, harminous, breezy, without big leaps in its evolution and a great combiation of previous explored idead. Certainly it's among the good greations already made into the Acqua Allegoria line.

by Baptiste
by SecretScent
by Frlsmilla
by Frlsmilla

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain