Aqua Allegoria Winter Délice 2000

Aqua Allegoria Winter Délice by Guerlain
Aqua Allegoria Winter Délice is a popular limited perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2000. The scent is woody-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesFirFir
Heart Notes Heart NotesBalsamBalsam PinePine
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla FrankincenseFrankincense SugarSugar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.03.2022.

Every year again: Home Alone
Kevin alone at home during the Christmas holidays has a permanent place on the televisions of families throughout Europe and beyond. While the Poles already had to take to the streets to get the classic back on the Christmas television programme, our tradition of watching the film in the family circle late on Christmas Eve is protected against such external influences by a great DVD. After the service, banquet and presents, four generations sat in front of the screen - extended by an almost unnoticed guest: Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Winter Delice.
In view of my fragrance-sensitive aunt, a hypercritical sister and my father, who has never owned or even worn perfume and who probably won't change that, I had already prepared myself to defend my choice of fragrance on Christmas Eve like Kevin defended his house.
But - O wonder - Nothing! Not a single comment from these three or anyone else. Winter Delice is a quite distinctive, at the beginning almost pungent conifer scent, slightly smoky extended, in the base supplemented by sweet guerlinade and a touch of Christmas baking. In short: it blends so well into the Christmas room fragrance of decorated Nordmann fir, Advent wreath, candle smoke and open Gutsle tin that it simply does not attract attention. Another reason could also have been the overdose of L'Heure Bleue of my grandma, her sense of smell has unfortunately already diminished quite a bit.
With this knowledge, it makes little objective sense to wear Winter Delice during the Christmas holidays, as it does not stand out very much. Nevertheless, it is a nice feeling to fit into the beautiful atmosphere, to be a part of it. And a good feeling too, to smell good without attracting the negative attention of aunt, sister and dad. Furthermore, I imagine it would be nice to wear it before the festivities to get into the right mood, and afterwards to live on it.
A little mystery to me is the launch within the Allegoria series - Winter Delice stands out strongly from the rest of the range - as well as its classification as a pure women's fragrance. I definitely place him in the unisex, if not almost a tick in the masculine area. The big mystery to me is the setting of this fragrance. To draw the bow again for the introduction, Winter Delice on Christmas Eve (or Christmas time in general) could also become a nice tradition. Were it not for the cheeky prices called up for the rare offers. So for next year, I'm going to find another fragrance for Christmas Eve - and arm myself to defend my choice of fragrance like Kevin defended his house.

One-Of-A-Kind Winter Perfume
A winter perfume this good may never be repeated again in history. It does not remind me of the Holidays as much as the the entire winter season itself. It's smells like icicles melting in the winter sun, the pure and clear water carrying the scent of pine wood with it. It doesn't remind me of fires or spiced desserts, it reminds me of white snow, delicate little snow flakes, and the icing on a gingerbread house rather than the gingerbread itself. Something is very cool and fresh about this perfume.

This is a sweet woody perfume. Sweetness in woody perfumes tends to turn me off. But something about the sweetness of this one draws me in. It's sweet, yet it retains a naturalness and contains a subtle green quality. Resins are beautiful and become just barely smoky as the perfume dries down. They smell more like oppoponax than bitter frankincense, but I suppose the frankincense could be used so sparingly that it is not bothersome. This perfume is a winter delight--such a crying shame it was discontinued.

SUMMARY: Winter in a bottle, not Christmas.

To an Aussie, this doesn't smell like Christmas
Winter Delice pops up every now and then in the forum as a suggestion for a Christmas scent every December. I can understand where these references come from, particularly with the strong pine accord and underlying sugary sweetness. But seeing that I have never experienced a wintry Christmas, Winter Delice isn't the scent of my favourite holiday season at all. At least not to my nose.

I find this fragrance pleasantly mysterious and rich. It smells like a mystical forest, like the one Hansel and Gretel found themselves lost in prior to discovering the gingerbread house. In all honesty, I expected this fragrance to be a tad more resinous and deep, so I was quite taken aback by the light and fluffy sugary quality peeking through.

There is a delicacy conveyed throughout this fragrance's composition which may have been the perfumer's way of softening the masculine, coniferous accords. I have come to the conclusion that Winter Delice is actually suitable for both men and women, so the unisex classification is correct.

Other than smelling like a mystical forest, there are also subtle hints of spicy cookies and a warm, blazing fire. Essentially, Winter Delice is the perfect Winter scent, smelling both warm and gourmand on the skin. I am impressed, but I highly doubt that you'll find me scanning Ebay for a somewhat expensive, half-used bottle.

It's not the strongest scent going around, but the sillage does have moderate projection. The longevity was good too, especially for that of an EDT. I reach for this fragrance every now and then when the weather is cold outside, but I don't wish to overpower anyone near me. If you're like me and own a crazy amount of heavy orientals, you'll more than likely be welcoming to a scent of this nature.

by Scheeheratze
by Scheeheratze
The weather is cold outside, but Winter Delice is warming me from inside ...
by Morpheus1
by RobK
by Tandi
by Tandi

Popular by Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain