Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire 2017 Eau de Parfum Florale

Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire (Eau de Parfum Florale) by Guerlain
Black Perfecto by La Petite Robe Noire (Eau de Parfum Florale) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesRose waterRose water
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrasse roseGrasse rose May rose absoluteMay rose absolute AlmondAlmond
Base Notes Base NotesBlack leatherBlack leather PatchouliPatchouli Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.04.2022.

Elysium
Spade Or Upside-Down Heart?
Yesterday afternoon I went to the perfumery because I felt the need to smell something unexplored. Does it happen to you too? It is an unstoppable impulse, a desire that I have to satisfy. There were several offers on the shelves in anticipation of Valentine's Day, and one of them caught my eye. A small all-black bottle depicting a sword whose handle looks like an upside-down heart. I grabbed it, approached it, and immediately understood that it was a La Petite Robe Noire (2009) flanker, even though it did not show the little black dress. Even if the wording says "Black Perfecto Eau Florale", the instinct to try it was intense.
I thought of something dark, oriental, mysterious. This line of fragrances has always intrigued me because I often read that this gem inspired L'Homme Idéal Eau de Toilette. I took a blotter and went heavy on it, with three or four sprays since I had to feel it through the mask. And even before I approached it to my nose, I felt it in the air. Mmm... It's just as I imagined it. The notes and chords that predominate were the black one of liquorice, bitter touch of almond, and a heavy floral hint of rose, indeed an assorted bouquet of roses. Not much time went by, and I immediately tested it on the back of my hand. The more it grew on me, the more I fell in love. Here the liquorice shines in all its glory, and I am fond of it, grasping all its facets. I went to the cashier to pay, but alas, I realized I didn't have my wallet with me, which carelessly remained in the coat I was wearing yesterday. I gave up, and a bit gloomy, I returned home. But the perfume did not leave me. I felt it for hours, and when I went to sleep, my hand still anchored it. And then I just had to describe it.

Black Perfecto is a nice mouthful. Men, do not neglect this hidden gem because it is anything but feminine, and above all, do it before it goes out of production. One drop of that potion can change a man's fate. The roses are there, but in a silky, jam-like way that is just holding all other things in their tiny jelly petals. Notes of almond, leather, and a bouquet of the best quality rose essences from all over the world make this perfume perversely sensual. But, when you wear it, you realize that it is not an ordinary rose scent. I managed to get the delectable accord of black cherry, almond, and rose and leather's remarkable agreement. The fragrance opens with rose water, a ted fresh and green like the watermelon, which gives softness and a floral background to the juiciness of the cherry. A pinch of black leather escapes from the bottom. I'm not sure if the cherry fruit is in there, but the resulting aroma is undeniably that of ruby ​​and morello cherries. It's juicy and tart, real, with the sharp sweetness of cherries and the delicious dewy refreshment of rose water. Still, I get a short blast of liquorice on my skin before any cherry or rosy accord.

During the transition into the central stage, a burnt brown sugar dominates, followed by the scent of the Centifolia rose expertly balanced with a note of almond which, unlike most perfumes where it has the effect of an expensive soap, is so organic and crunchy that we can almost taste it. As we delve into the perfume's composition, the rose becomes stronger, darker and more mysterious. The rose also appears to be dark, black. And the texture of the toasted almonds is crunchy, giving the impression of a delicious tart overcooked. When the bitter almond essence opens, it offers a delightful rose macaroon effect. If I smell the sprayer, an aroma of rosy patchouli hits my nostrils.

Of course, the dry-down is all about the tea accord, a musky black tea. All the dark, smoky materials come out to play on the finish, and I feel something like a black leather jacket. For an overwhelming finish, Black Perfecto combines leather notes, not raw but tender, refined and supple, with a clean and woody patchouli and a creamy tonka bean. There is a touch of caramelized dark sugar, slightly burnt, that vaguely resembles Pink Sugar Eau de Toilette. The addition of leather in the base brings an extra layer of complexity. It smooths things out a bit while adding an intense richness that amplifies the silky musk and smoky notes, allowing the fragrance to end with a dry vibe that's pretty tough. I still get some cherry, almond, and liquorice hours later, next to the skin, as well as tonka, patchouli, and sugar. And the blotting paper, the next day, still smells of dark musky and smoky black tea accords.

To conclude, there are notes of leather and liquorice, but once the top notes have settled, the base is a blend of vanilla, tonka and musk with a touch of cherry and rose. My advice is to wear it in the cold months. Autumn and winter evenings are the most appropriate. Yet, I can wear it even during the cooler days. I think it has contained projection and sillage on my skin while it lasts for hours. I appreciate how unlike anything else in my collection it is. OK, then, now I have to have it!

I base the review on a 30ml bottle I have owned since February 2022 (batch 7W01, 2017-09).

-Elysium
Scentissima
Licorice soap and cherry jam for a femme fatale
I bought the Black Perfecto blind, always wanted to have a fragrance from the LPRN Collection and exactly with this one I found the notes very attractive - cherry, rose, leather, tonka bean, musk- everything I like. The only thing I was a little skeptical about was licorice. So it took me a few weeks to understand this fragrance. In the beginning I could only smell burnt car tires, but I didn't want to give up and kept returning to this scent . And one day my persistence was rewarded: car tires became a lightly spiced cloud of smoke and a little later the whole composition became syrupy and soapy, - as if you had put a piece of licorice soap in a hot cherry jam pure- perhaps a bit strange but still ingenious.
Lasts several hours on the skin , in the hair and on clothes until you wash them.
Despite its "darkness " the Black Perfecto gives me the feeling of security and has a calming effect on me, I find him super for cozy evenings or for going to bed. I have never worn outdoors. It is of course a very subjective thing. If you (woman) feel like it ,the Black Perfecto would be very suitable for a femme fatale, because it leaves a seductive veil of fragrance, can be wicked and outrageous.
For me it is a nice olfactory experience, am glad I have this perfume in my ( still small) collection.
P.S. I apologize for any mistakes, am not a native speaker
Personality complement
I think this perfume deserves more than just a statement. Have now gained more experience with him. In the beginning, the development on the skin seemed to me too one-sided. With time I could perceive more notes and have become a friend of this fragrance after all. Have even detected more notes than stated here: a nose tickling note, probably licorice then caught my eye. Rose I still smell as good as not at all. Maybe it still comes... The fragrance falls apart for me, as it so often does with the marketing idea. I probably wouldn't wear it in the evening. To me, the scent has the opposite effect, interestingly enough. Concentration-promoting, helps me to collect myself. Will probably therefore wear him rather to professional occasions. The durability is as with many Guerlain fragrances enormous, which fits then also rather in the professional context. On clothes, the perfume lasts over a week so strong that the skin underneath smells like freshly perfumed! Guerlain never disappoints!
Rosie88
When Tina Turner sings and eats cherries....
Wow, what sounds this Guerlain is spitting!!!! After the spraying on there will be a rock concert!!

A very violent, sweet-wummy and roaring prelude... like the gymnasts ;-)

In the top note I can smell mainly almond cherries... of tender rose water no trace...
It is comparable to a bite into an overripe sweet cherry... the juice runs down left and right...

In the rather limited course of the fragrance, a hashe, slightly dull, but strong sweetness is added, which I can hardly describe... It is creamy and somehow spicy, but not... somehow also slightly plummy...
I can't even smell Rose... Tina probably trampled her to death on stage...

The concert stops and stops and stops.... The roaring Tina becomes hoarse only after good 8 hours slowly and takes off the leather jacket... drooling over with cherry juice...

The leather is however only very delicately represented... The almond cherries dominate the whole time and become even creamier towards the end...

Durability and Sillage I would classify in the upper average.
Flacon, very nice, but I wouldn't buy the fragrance in general. A test it was definitely worth it, let's rock ;-)

sweet and nutty
The perfume opens with a juicy fruity cocktail and a creamy almond. It is a nice mixture between fruits and almond, bright and brilliant as a glitter dress. It has many facets. Interesting and delightful with a nutty touch.
After this sparkling opening some tiny shades of roses make their presence felt. It is not a strong odour, but a soft, delicate one. The leathery note can be felt all the way, from the beginning till the end. It is just a touch of the leathery smell, not a strong note with personality.
The deeper we get in the heart of the perfume, the more it smells like La Petite Robe Noire. All the different notes disappear and there is only the smell of LPRN. It is like LPRN would take off her leather jacket and stay in the dress.
The base of the perfume has tonka bean and the nutty sensation is more profound now. Creamy, sweet and nutty, this is the remaining effect. This is what I feel when I wear Black Perfecto. I don’t see a black leather jacket. I only see a nice ‘robe noire’.

ElysiumElysium 3 months ago
There're leather and licorice notes, but once the top notes have settled, the dry down is a vanilla-tonka-musk blend with a cherry and rose.
MariaSMariaS 1 year ago
It’s like I spray cherry jam. It has a dark sweetness it’s not complex, doesn’t change on skin and lasts more than usual designer perfumes.
MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 2 years ago
dessert for the body - every night i look forward spritzing myself with this dark, yummy intoxication
CumulnimbusCumulnimbus 3 years ago
An improved and more interesting version of the original LPRN which is still found at the heart of this Black perfecto. I love leather here.
LillibetLillibet 4 years ago
Opens with almost quince-like zingy fruity rose. Then black tea with dark cherry-like musky roses, almond & some gentle suedey leather.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 5 years ago
Sweet and sour powdery rose. I don't get any leather or interesting Guerlain nuances. Less interesting than the widely-available EDP.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Va1erie
by Va1erie
Glaube - Liebe - Hoffnung
by JulieFä91
Black cherries on a leather bed
by Heavenly85
by Laurentiu
by Laurentiu
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
Rose jam in a perfume form.
by MariaS
by Parfuniverse
by Lisamaria8
by Lisamaria8

Popular by Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain