Champs-Élysées 1996Eau de Toilette

Champs-Élysées (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Robert Granai
Champs-Élysées (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-fruity. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesAniseed, Almond, Melon, Peach, Blackcurrant, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac, Hibiscus, Lily-of-the-valley, Mimosa, Peony, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Almond tree, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.09.2020.

Jazzy76
Sous le ciel de Paris (under the Paris sky)
This fragrance is the quintessence of the French woman: so bright, so feminine, so lively and dynamic , so romantic. It's a bouquet of fresh flowers sold in a corner of the Ville Lumière.
The violet and lilac notes are noticeable, but the queen is the mimosa, the women's flower, strong and vibrant, giving a touch of happiness to this so feminine accord.
Maybe the warmer base notes of the pyramid aren't so noticeable and, at least on my skin, lasts mainly the flowery heart. The longevity and the sillage for this edt are quite good , but this one is a typical daily scent, to wear maybe in springtime and, for its fragrant mimosas, on the woman day!

Plastinated 'flower'
Watery, screechy, bitter plastic-coated pink floral.

I think its trying to be a peony, but the only sure things about it are that it came from no flower that exists on this planet, and its utterly vile.

What's more, Champs Elysées seems to legitimise the general trend which has gripped certain quarters of the industry of late whereby the production of such obnoxious travesties of nature as Quatre and Figue de Vigne are considered to be valid exercises in perfume creation.

French Kiss
Works best with cold skin, i.e. not freshly showered skin. This is Mimosa, the real deal, not the dreck that Halle Berry tried to foist on us. (much as I admire the woman) Accacia trees flower (here) in late winter when they have little competition and I bear this in mind as I review Champs Elysees. Not a strongly scented creature out in the landscape; not a strongly scented perfume either, but it has had some very bad press and that needs to be diluted somewhat. This is an elusive scent. Some bombshells say 'Kiss me' ...Champs Elysees is the girl who touches her lips, knowing she has been kissed. He won't ask what the scent is, because it melded into the scent of a woman. Did that happen the last time I saw Paris? I wish. Let it join the ranks of understated perfumes, the ones that you replace, like Hiris, Noa or Jour d'Hermes. Lovely! (with apologies to SJP)

Fresh clothes
Although there has been a lot of positive reviews, it can still go a bit wrong when buying a perfume. I can feel now, after an hour, that this is not a perfume for my bodychemistry. It's NOT that I think it smells bad but there is something in it that bothers me. Perhaps it is that the flowers are a bit too pushy in the beginning and that the scent that emerges afterwards reminds too much on freshly washed clothes. I miss that wonderful creaminess that I was expecting. This perfume is like no other fragrance I've tried from Guerlain. It lacks somehow the depth and character that is the hallmark of Guerlain. I give the scent 3/5. The bottle is beautiful as all the bottles from Guerlain

jtd
Hhhmmmm... Is it me or CE?
Starts off with competing notes of a shallow but sharp sweetness and an insecticide-floral. They merge for a bit, then the insecticide (which I'd hoped would win) gives way to a sweet, bland floral. It's blaring, though. It's like sitting near a very loud conversation in a language you don't understand. You can't escape the volume, but you haven't the least idea what's actually going on. It comes at you from every angle, but isn't intriguing. While it hits a number of strong tones, sweet, floral, bright (fluorescent) metallic, it becomes tiresome very quickly.

I find CE very off-putting, but I must admit that this type of perfume isn't my bag and I have trouble here distinguishing between what doesn't appeal to me and what is in fact unsuccessful overall.

Awesomeness
Fruity Floral Lovers - Take note!
The reformulated version certainly is not as bad as Turin makes it out to be, and it's much better than much of the rubbish on the market today.

To me, CE is the perfect fruity floral for perfumistas who don't want to smell like a fruity floral. It's very well-balanced & well-blended, a bit bubbly & a tad bright, and devoid the typical sugar-laden mess in the category. My disappointment is that its green character does not come through for me.

It's a good everyday scent, but not one I would wear every day. I blind bought a 30ml bottle of EdT at about $20 shipped. However, had I sampled first, I would not have purchased.

Scent of Sprintime
For me Champs-Elysées is a springtime scent. Reminds me of sparkling good moods and happy feel. Mimosa is wonderfull in it. I think this is wonderfull daytime scent. If You love Yvresse, I think You love Champs-Elysées too. This have been in my collection as long as Guerlain launched this sunny Beauty, and I will always keep one bottle on my shelf. And if necessary will purhcase extra bottle if they will discontinue. Champs-Elysées is also the scent I chose to this first of May. With Champs-Elysées its good to wellcome summer and enjoy the day.

Good For A Casual Fling, Not A Long-Term Commitment
CHAMPS ELYSEES has always struck me as the Guerlain fragrance for people who dislike Guerlain. I hope that Guerlainophiles will not be offended, but this light, fruity, playful, almost fizzy liquid bears within its affable nature none of the profundity of the classics.

CHAMPS ELYSEES is a friendly fragrance, which could scarcely offend anyone--it is so agreeable and easy to get along with: neither too sweet nor intoxicatingly deep.

This is not to say, however, as some reviewers have claimed, that CE is cheap. This is a very high-quality, well-constructed fragrance, but it is really geared for women who do not take perfume very seriously, I think. I do not mean to suggest that perfumistas cannot like CHAMPS-ELYSEES--some obviously do. But I think that this creation was launched to capture a much broader consumer niche.

There are often occasions, however, even for those of us who love to indulge in the depths of L'HEURE BLEUE, MITSOUKO, and friends, when something lighter is called for. CHAMPS ELYSEES answers that need. A slightly sweet floral that has real appeal and is great for an occasional date but could never turn into a long-term relationship requiring serious metaphysical commitment.

Bassavina
I love Champs Elysées, so take that, Luca Turin!
This is a departure from the formal architectonic Guerlains of the past. It is first of all floral, not a syrupy tuberose-laden floral, but a springtime floral of muguet and lilac that evokes a city garden. The Guerlinade, a cushion of vanilla, tonka, and coumarin, is not so evident here. Where the older Guerlains are velvet, this is silk organza, light and festive. Luca Turin disparages this fragrance savagely; myself I get a little frisson of "sez you!" when wearing it which only adds to my pleasure.

A glorious spring day
I find it hard to resist this beautiful, classic fragrance.

When I first smelt Champs Elysees, my immediate thoughts were pear. A juicy, ripe, delicious pear.

Although pear isn't listed as one of the notes, it could be the combination of peach and melon that gives it this quality.

I love that Champs Elysees reminds me of home-made fruit salad, glorious Spring days and the immense feeling of happiness.

When the pear note subsides I am left with a gorgeous blend of rose, mimose and hibiscus. Hidden amongst the floral notes I also sense a subtle hint of sparkling white wine, which makes this scent even more addictive.

Champs Elysees is like sunshine in a bottle to me, and is quickly becoming one of my favourites. The lasting power is amazing, lasts the whole day, and seems to have the versatility to suit any age group. I was ashamed to think that I once assumed this was a fragrance for mature women. I'm glad Champs Elysees has proved me wrong.

I'm urging anyone of any age to test this perfume. I'd be surprised if anyone truly disliked it.

TangerineTangerine 29 days ago
Please bring back the original bottle for Champs, it's enough of this bee bottle mish-mash! I beg you!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
a romantic bouquet dominated by the mimosa note. Very fresh, light and feminin. I remember the advertisement with Sophie Marceau.Lovely
Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
4.5
Should've known better when I saw peach. That, & lilac!!! Now all I need here is lavender and the trifecta of olfactory torture is complete.

by Zora
by Echtdufte
by Lilau
by Lilau

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain