Champs-Élysées (1996) Eau de Parfum

Champs-Élysées (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design: Robert Granai

Champs-Élysées (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Olivier Cresp

Submitted by Serenada, last update on 04.10.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Champs-Élysées (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Champs-Élysées (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain, which differs in concentration.

9.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Annarosa
A hymn to the reformulation
Recently I was carried away by the enthusiasm of some perfumes for Champs-Elysees in Eau de Parfum concentration. I tested the perfume at Douglas one day and thought to myself, "Wow! He's nice. I'd buy that if I could get him somewhere cheaper." So feminine, multi-faceted, exciting, the fragrance has occurred to me despite the alzu well known theme lilac.
Said-done. A short time later I saw the scent of TKMaxx strongly reduced and took immediate action. How surprised I (no Guerlain fragrance professional noticed) was when I found a completely different bottle than expected when I opened the package. It wasn't a bottle with the bees that I saw at Douglas, but a cheap-looking square-edged bottle made of two triangles with a plastic collar on the bottle neck, as in the picture below the large Falkon picture at Parfumo!!!
I wouldn't care about the appearance of the bottle if the fragrance were identical to the one I tested. But far from it. The scent I have acquired is unfortunately a straight lilac scent and nothing more. No facets, no apple and no green, no play with the transitions, no complexity as is the case with the Bienchen bottle. In this sense a disappointment.
Since I consider the square bottle to be older than the uniform Bienchen bottle of today (but I am no expert on this), I conclude that in the case of the "Champs-Elysses" the present reformulation is far more charming and beautiful than the original. (If my hypothesis is correct)
All in all, the fragrance in the square bottle is not bad - purely feminine, purely floral (a classic lilac fragrance), durable all day long and has a medium sillage - but unfortunately it is not as exciting for my nose as the one in the Bienchen bottle.

Champs Elysees EDP by Guerlain
At first sniff – lily of the valley – fresh, sweet, magnificent. It opens with floral scent, more floral than fruity to my nose. In the opening there is a mixture of mimosa, rose, lily of the valley, violet – like a little floral garden from someone balcony. Some fruity notes can be spotted but in a little proportion. I can smell anise because it spreads a sharp, pungent odour. It’s not disturbing, it’s like a high note to a musical composition. The result is a beautiful harmony between flowers and fruits.
The heart of the perfume is sweeter than the opening. This sweetness comes from peony and rose, it is more like a jammy odour. To my nose this is not a mimosa scent. It is a floral scent but not with mimosa on the first line.
The dry-down is vanilla, woods and benzoin, sweet and warm. Projection and longevity are average on my skin. Not a loud perfume for me.
This is a lovely perfume, no matter what others say. Maybe it is not as good as L’Heure Bleue but is beautiful in its own way. I recommend a try if you look for a floral fruity scent.

EdP 75 ml. Momentan mag ich den Duft sehr: frisch, spritzig und edel. Allerdings finde ich es komisch, daß der Flakon keine Bezeichnung Eau de Parfum aufweist...
by Agrafena
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain