Cuir Beluga 2005

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain
Top 4 in Unisex Perfume
Cuir Beluga is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Après L'Ondée (Eau de Toilette)

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Everlasting flower
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Heliotrope, Vanilla, Suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.03.2021.

Cuir Beluga is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

Vogue2011
Pardon? Vanilla with caviar, does it go?
Tastes are different.
Tastes can amaze.
Tastes can put off.

Tastes can revolutionize, as with Cuir Beluga :-)

With Beluga probably most think of the Caviar (then probably also concerns with many the point 3 in the beginning of my statement ;-)

How Guerlain came up with one of its best vanilla fragrances in connection with a Beluga whale? Creative marketing, 100%. Cuir is translated leather, and there is even leather from the WAL, from a place that is very unusual (who wants to know it writes to me, the word falls here certainly in the censorship ;-)

Cuir Zansibar I would have understood, in Zansibar is supposed to thrive the best vanilla, but BELUGA? ;-)
So be it! Nothing, not even the fanciest name clouds the pure joy of this wonderful fragrance, this wonderful warm vanilla. If I have it on a jacket it greets me every morning anew, because the durability is really VERY good! Even on a cap I wore during yet very clear rain and the also times 2 Sprüher CB abbekam was the scent after drying still clearly perceptible!

Mes chéres Guerlains, YOU can fragrance! But, who distributes the names? Lets me no peace ;-)
FvSpee
Lightning commentary: The baker has called!
STATISTICS

As of today, Cuir Beluga is the second most popular fragrance on Parfumo in the unisex segment, with 721 reviews and a score of 8.7. This surprises me a little bit, because I'm still sitting firmly on my chair despite intensive testing. But beautiful I find this Guerlain too. Although I'm basically a fan of olfactory coeducation, I'm also a little surprised by the classification as unisex, as I find Cuir Beluga to be decidedly feminine. That see others similar to me, because the fragrance has here 2/3 female owners.

CHARACTERISTICS

Cuir Beluga is as warm as an evening in front of the crackling wood fire in the open fireplace, wrapped in a Snoopy cuddly blanket, the feet on a sheepskin and in wool socks knitted by the muhme herself.

Its olfactory color is as gleamingly golden as, well, as the designers at Guerlain made it on the outside. The One Million Gold Bar is a piece of street dirt by comparison.

It's as gourmand as the annual production of vanillin sugar by a Dr. Oetker factory after it was forced by executive order, due to the pandemic, by the Federal Minister of Cake to produce an additional 100 million cans of vanillin sugar from another manufacturer under license as well. Or like a creme brulee the size of the legendarily sawed Maple Leaf coin from Berlin's Museum Island. Or like... well, you'll read about that in a moment, if you don't already turn off your computer and run to the fridge.

ANALYTICS

Suede and aldehydes lounge more like this, nose-drilling on a bench in the corner, throwing in a note now and then. The rest of the scent notes are deadpan plausible.

CRITICISM

Although Cuir Beluga is not my style and I do not necessarily wish that the ladies of my near field smell like this, I think that Olivier Polge has presented here a high-quality and special, clean and clearly knitted fragrance that has become so famous, and not without reason. If you are interested in fragrances and an even minimal weakness for nose sweet stuff comes to it, there is really no way around a test.

The exorbitantly high ratings in the durability and limited also in the projection I consider a mass suggestion, which is rooted in the consideration: If I've already spent so much on it, must be the but strong. In the quantitative notes I classify CB decidedly not as a high performer.

HISTORICS

Who hasn't heard scent reports of the sort, "This scent reminds me EXACTLY of the smell of the tennis balls my cousin used to rhubarb on our summer vacations together at a small guesthouse in Crete from 2007-2013." This is actually a brilliant way of telling a story, but since Proust is already dead, the madeleines have long since all turned to mush in the tea, and it is above all things an ironclad rule that scent reminds NOBODY other than the author of the comment of the tennis-playing cousin in Crete, I try to avoid this literary figure in my comments as much as possible.

In this case, however, while claiming emergency permission, I must mention that one reason I could never wear Cuir Beluga is that the scent brings back to my nose EXACTLY the (objectively) best cheesecake in the world, the one my maternal grandmother (at least one reader knows her four first names) used to bake for my birthdays.
As practical compensation for having to endure this useless information, there is the recipe attached. It should be noted that when I bake it again, I always have the problem that the cheesecake mixture decompensates during the baking process, so that the cake is American-Cheesecake-like in the middle, anyway, which it is not supposed to be. I can no longer ask the departed ancestor what I'm doing wrong. Hints are therefore gratefully received.

APPENDISTICS

1 packet cheesecake aid
plenty of sultanas
a little milk
fold in.

Line the bottom and sides of a greased springform pan with the batter, pour in the curd mixture.
On top as a glaze, spread 1 egg yolk, whisked with a little milk.
Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour. Use the knitting needle test.
L'élégance de la bouteille
Guerlain has managed to preserve pure elegance in a liquid.
He goes with the skin a beautiful soft connection that lasts a long time. If you wear Cuir coating, you smell rich and noble.

The aldehydes in the top note rose directly to my nose, they gave the fragrance the necessary portion of power and expressiveness right from the start. This slightly alcoholic note is not at all disturbing - no - it rather ensures that the curiosity is aroused. The curiosity about how the fragrance will develop.

After the top note gradually died down, I recognized the oriental touch that was added to the fragrance. I couldn't stop sniffing my heavily patchouli scented wrist. Simply gorgeous.

The base is quite recognizable right from the start, at least the vanilla and leather (I don't really have any idea what suede smells like) I could make out. They trump thereby however never, but go a symbiosis with the other notes in the head and in the heart.

For me, this fragrance is a true masterpiece, a fragrance of which I will very likely never have enough.
I will wear it on special occasions and for myself, simply because I find it too elegant and too special as an everyday fragrance. I do not want that unspectacular hours destroy the extravagance of Cuir Beluga.
My cuddly scent
I love him. It's just a perfect vanilla. Not too cheesy, not too sticky, not too sweet. Noble, warm, dark. I guess this, is the suede vanilla that captivates me so insanely. Cuir beluga I only have as a sample, but I know it will move into fullsize with me. As soon as I wear it I feel embraced, safe and secure. It's not too overbearing and yet it's there. I had cuir beluga and tonka imperial sent to me as trial samples - made the mistake of smelling tonka imperial first. After that I was really disappointed by cuir beluga, because I didn't really perceive it. My friend was also allowed to smell both ... first cuir beluga and immediately said (as an absolute perfume muffle) "that's the one". I shook my head and honestly have to admit, he was right! after a short phase of ignorance, I took out cuir beluga again... and I love it. - I can only say it over and over again! The most beautiful suede vanilla that exists for me personally!
Salt
My nose is more than flattered
Every time this perfume comes to my nose, I intuitively want to be surrounded by beige/cream coloured silk soaked in Cuir Beluga. The scent is so warm ? how can a fragrance feel warm ? I'd like to sniff that perfume on a man, too.
If I were to describe the perfume with one word, I would answer "passion" Sex scent? Absolutely yes!
4ajbukoshka
Requiem for a Dream - personal heroin: my love, my ruin!
When love is addictive, destroys you - or at least your wallet - and you just don't care.
I need more of that heroin!
Fraport 2017:
As always shortly before departure, I rummage through the shops, much to the chagrin of my friend, and especially through rows and rows of perfumes. It's one of my first flights abroad and we don't have much time left.
Conspicuously enthroned on the other side of the room, brightly lit - or brightly lit - a row of perfumes.
From a distance of x meters I recognize: there is something special there.
These things, which you crush with your fingers, from which it then makes "pfft pfft" and where the perfume comes out, I only knew them from films and had otherwise only seen them in a showcase.

My friend: Can we please go? I don't want to miss the flight!
Me: (sweetest pout ever) BUT! It won't take long. I promise! (rush over to this outfit where you have all kinds of boxes with funny contents: white leather that can be stroked and feels incredibly soft and much more)
I blindly grab one of the bottles, which all look the same anyway, and just spray on it. Over my head, on my scarf and on my wrist. Pretty impractical, that pfft-pfft-thing.
My friend who had come to me to ask me to leave: Holy shit, what the fuck is that?!
I'm already regretting not looking for a test strip: Sorry? But the air here smells soooo delicious :(( I love vanilla! He: No, that smells great! But now come on, come on, you have dawdled too much again! (pulls me through the store by my arm)
I still try to find a name or a price tag somewhere while walking, in vain.
We didn't miss the flight.
But on the way back we don't come into THIS shop. I'm sulking a little, my friend with me He: Well, you have enough perfume, but... ...but if I had to name one perfume that smells like you and HOW you smell, it would be the one you wore on the plane. That incredibly sweet stuff that you can't hate because it's so cute and sweet Yes. I have a little sweet tooth. But he did insult me a little bit with his comment. After all, I am more than just cute and sweet. Whatever.
I'm trying to forget about it I don't even know his name
A few weeks later...
One of my perfumes (Prada "Candy", the EDT) is empty. After Lacoste's "Pour Femme", finally the second one, so according to my own rule, a new perfume can finally be bought.
So I buy a Dupe to Lacoste "Pour Femme", because I haven't found one to go with the other one and after the holiday there is a yawning emptiness on my account.
It doesn't make me happy. I can't forget that one perfume. I don't want to live without it, I must at least try it again! Maybe I won't be able to smell it after all?
So three weeks later, I'm standing there and I'm making up my mind That one decision that would change everything forever: I'm now going in search of that perfume, that dream of vanilla with that "pfft-pfft-thing".
I spend six hours with it and already have no more desire, in addition hunger and my feet hurt.
I have been to all the drugstores and perfumeries here and I have only seen one perfume with "Pfft-pfft-Dingsbums" and that was nowhere near the sweet lightness that had accompanied me during my flight from Frankfurt (and on my scarf for a few days longer, I literally sucked the scent in with my nose until it was gone).
Meh ://.
So I, shy towards strangers, take my heart and ask the very competent and sweet-looking perfume saleswoman.
She can't make sense of my description, but she gives me a hint.
You: If you think it is something special, go to Mrs. [name]! She has very exquisite and niche scents. If you can't find what you're looking for with her, you won't find it anywhere So I'm going on a search.
Enter this place, hidden in an old building and feel intimidated. This place looks expensive An elegantly dressed and beautifully made-up woman around 30 welcomes me and would like to help me.
I, gesticulating "the pfft-pfft-thing" and tell her I'm looking for a sweet vanilla scent She, smiles: Oh, you mean the boutique fragrances from Guerlain with the pump dispensers?
Me, inside: That sounds expensive. Oh oh.
So she leads me into a room and there they are, these beautiful flacons That's them! Whoo-hoo!
So the lady starts talking and talking, unpacks violet test strips with golden letters, and with the first spray I realize: "Exactly THAT's it! Yes!"
She explains the ingredients to me, shows me other fragrances from this edition, Tonka Impériale for example, which goes in a similar direction, but "it" is not...
My mind is somewhere else The price of 220€ brings me back down to earth.
No, I'm afraid it doesn't exist in small I have to think about it 220€ I no longer have on the account.
I'm bent. I'm going home. There's my piggy bank, the money counts. 186€ and a few cents.
Actually, I'm saving up for a bike I'll wrap the piggy bank in a clutch, wrap it up. No, I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna change my mind right now. I can't do that!
I go to the bank the next day and want to change the money. There are charges. Nope. I walk by work, ask the boss if he needs change in the till. He changes me 60€.
I go to dm, buy something and ask if it's okay if I give her more money in change and then she gives me back big money. I'm lucky I go to the perfumery and head straight for the boutique fragrances.
The salesgirl: Blah, blah, blah Me: Thanks, but I already know that I want to buy this one.
Arrived at the cash desk, I unpack about 100€ in notes and the rest in 1 and 2€ pieces. First the saleswoman has to get the key for the cash register. Usually people pay with credit card.
While I sort the coins into piles of 10 and 20€, I think about running away and not buying the perfume. I am quite embarrassed by all this and I think about my bank balance. Ouch!

But in the end I buy it, this luxury in a bottle - and I feel shabby and bad at the same time and so incredibly intoxicated.
This powdery dream of vanilla is underlaid with floral impressions, but for me it consists mainly of vanilla, vanilla and the very best vanilla ever! Cuir Beluga is a bit heavy (probably because of the patchouli), a little bit smoky(?), but not musty.
No, this candy needs something to stay on the ground, so that it doesn't stick to anyone's bottom when they eat it, according to a Russian proverb Cuir Beluga doesn't smell like leather to me, for me angels have to smell like that!
And me. Almost every day now In the beginning I only wore Cuir Beluga on special occasions But now I wear it almost daily, because every day can be a special day - and I celebrate love with it.
The love of life, vanilla and myself!
Your smile
The day sucked,
so really, really shit
I'm home at last
You open the door for me And you welcome me with that bright smile that smile that goes all the way into your eyes,
and causes my stomach to tingle;
warm, like soft, smooth vanilla I smile back at you the stress of the day falls like a stone to the ground.

Ahh, you had a barbecue the smell of smoke hangs delicately in your clothes,
a slight hint of spices.
Together we go down to the lake,
that borders our property,
settle down on the patchouliwarm earth.
I lean my head on your shoulder the soft suede of your jacket caresses my skin.
We talk and laugh none of that stressful day, just like that...
...about everything...
Relaxed, released...
In your eyes still that smile On your lips shines a tiny drop of rum,
amber...
i can't take my eyes off it.....

The next morning, you go...
"Please stay," it's forming in my mind,
but not a word comes from my lips...
"Dear", you say, "I'll be back tonight"...
wordless understanding....
Then you go...

I turn around bury my face in your pillow,
and he's there,
your smell,
warm, balsamic...
And I smile....
This is how this fragrance is for me, warm, balsamic, it seems to understand me wordlessly, takes me in its arms when I need it and yet there is also something attractive, not a mayfly, but a familiar togetherness.
The number one?
I have ordered Cuir Beluga together with Spirituese Double Vanille and Tonka Imperiale as bottling (see my comment at Spirituese Double Vanille) and I am very enthusiastic about all three, especially about Spirituese Double Vanille and Cuir Beluga!

As a huge vanilla fan, I have smelled hundreds of different versions of vanilla in my life, but none could compare to Guerlain's, except of course a real, fresh vanilla bean
Scent:
Immediately after spraying I smell the beautiful vanilla, very soft suede and something that reminds me of the smell of straw but very soft, full strawflower or heliotrope? To be honest, I don't even know what the above mentioned smell like and can therefore only guess and speculate. Cuir Beluga remains throughout really beautiful vanilla and tender and becomes slightly powdery with time but also very soft. In the end only the beautiful vanilla remains.

If I had to describe SDV and Cuir Beluga, I guess it would be like this:
SDV is the bigger, more mature brother (or sister?) of Cuir Beluga. While Cuir Beluga is a youngster and still a bit playful and is just about to refine his way of seducing others, SDV is an adult and likes to drink a glass of fine rum. SDV also seduces in an adult way with rum and incense. Cuir likes to sit at home in his parents' villa on the high-quality leather couch, SDV on the other hand is well dressed with a glass of expensive rum in his office and receives high-ranking people there.

If I'm fair and honest: I don't know if Cuir or SDV is my number one vanilla I see both on the first place, because both know how to convince and impress in their own way.

Both of them stay with me for several hours and smell simply wonderful throughout. Sillage is not very big but it doesn't have to be, because both like it quiet and want you to get closer to them
Cuir Beluga is m. M. n. very suitable for both sexes.

I can really recommend Cuir Beluga to every vanilla fan!

Cuir Beluga = sex for the nose? I'd say so, yes!
You made my day today ♥
Spring where were you today?
The whole day it's pouring like buckets, the sky is grey, the wind blows your umbrella away and it's still cold. Hello icemen...
When I looked out of the window this morning, I wanted to crawl back into bed... But well what can you do? I had to go to work anyway!
Yesterday it was warm, sunny and blue skies, and today something like this...
Yesterday Miss Dior Cherie and today Cuir Beluga.
Yeah!
I recently purchased Cuir Beluga. It was on my wish list for a long time, but the leather listed here was always a thorn in my side. I absolutely do not like leather in fragrances.
But what could I do? The comments read so wonderfully and I just can't resist a Guerlain. There was no possibility to test it, so just order it. What could go wrong? is just an expensive fragrance from the Exclusive Collection ;)

What can I say? I haven't regretted it!
Cuir Beluga is as different as I imagined him to be. Fortunately I don't perceive aldehydes so strongly. Besides leather this was my fear opponent. I only say Chanel No. 5...
I don't really perceive tangerines that directly either. The top note almost disappears on my skin, because after only 2 seconds Cuir Beluga immediately becomes pleasantly sweet, slightly balsamic. It clings to my skin like an expensive oil. The vanilla is neither too sweet nor synthetic, no it is soft, cuddly but also very seductive.

Cuir Beluga is warm, sensual and elegant in one and the suede complements the fragrance perfectly. The so dreaded leather is soft, not too dominant and simply gives the perfume that certain something. Here, soft, supple suede is powdered with vanilla. Beautiful.

Unfortunately, this golden dream has a catch. I'll have it up close and personal within an hour. The Sillage I had imagined - as usual with Guerlain - better. You have to get very close to me to smell it. But he has been on the skin for over 8 hours. Which on the way home in the rain, at least a short smile on my face could conjure :)
Dream smell!!!!!
8 years ago, I went to the perfumery, briefly describing to Guerlain's saleswoman what kind of perfume I would like to have... vanilla, powdery, not low level, fine, no 08/15 fragrance, especially exceptionally beautiful ...! She looked at me and said, "I know exactly what you want"... took an inconspicuous bottle, sprayed and was so right with Cuir Beluga! Love at first sight, I could have poured the whole bottle over my head. Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to the idea of buying this wonderful fragrance very quickly when the saleswoman told me the price. Until today I could not fulfill this dream because I do not have the money. But, as we all know, one must never give up hope and maybe, maybe, maybe... ...there'll be a bottle of this preciousness at my place too.

BielwenassBielwenass 29 days ago
Smooth and calm vanilla fragrance. No cuir here.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
In the opening, the freshness of aldehydes and mandarin followed by a sweet, dry immortelle with amber. Heliotrope and vanilla in the base.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
The most wonderful suede, alluring flower and vanilla sweetness, the smoothest amber, and a terrible price. I only have a decant so far :-(
K84K84 1 year ago
Silky milky almondy suede with prominent Guerlinade. I really like its softness and tenderness.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Smooth vanilla and velvety suede. Sweet and elegant like expensive edible lipstick.

CB-Abusus... ;)
by EveMist
by IrisNobile
Für Fresh: Echt schräg! Der Babyelefant-die neue Maßeinheit ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCXqljbCw-s
by LaVioletta
by Einfachich
by Einfachich
by Gandix
Wer findet den Baumgeist?
by Lilienfeld
by IrinaBerlin
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain