Cuir Beluga (2005)

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain
Cuir Beluga (Guerlain)
Cuir Beluga (Guerlain)
Cuir Beluga is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Strawflower
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Heliotrope, Vanilla, Suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.10.2018

Cuir Beluga is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Finest vanilla dressed in leather
I have been keen on this fragrance for a long time :D.
I now had the pleasure to test it ---> I'm in seventh heaven.

The fragrance begins on my skin directly with the base note. I perceive nothing of head and heart note.
But I don't mind that, because the base is a dream.
Finest vanilla dressed in elegant suede, paired with a wonderful sweetness. The crowning glory is a powder topping.

Who likes the combination of vanilla and leather that is accompanied by a wonderful sweetness should try Cuir Beluga. He's definitely worth it.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Quiet perfection.
From beginning to end, this fragrance speaks of luxury. Like white suede chamois gloves or the soft white leather interior of a luxury car, it doesn't get any better than this.

Initially I get a very delicate, sparkling mandarin orange balanced by aldehydes. The soft, vanilla-heliotrope background is joined by the dry, honey-like texture of immortelle flower. Followed by Amber and more vanilla in the dry down.

This is a minimalist composition of only 15 ingredients, this is very different for a Guerlain fragrance (most of which are very rich and complex). I think that whilst this is minimalist, it speaks of quality all the way through.

A beautifully balanced, quiet, sweet and soft fragrance which really lets people know you have taste. In a class of its own, really.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
Cuir Beluga
his fragrance opens with aromas of vanilla, patchouli and leather. The notes blend into an unusual accord: a sweet, slightly salty, chocolate leather accord. I do not know if it is just my imagination but the saltiness reminds me of brine. The vanilla and patchouli notes balance this interesting facet which otherwise could have been rather off-putting. The fragrance is smooth and sophisticated and makes me think of an exotic milk chocolate bar made with goat’s or lama’s milk. If I had to name a scent sibling for this Guerlain offering I’d chose Odori’s Iris.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
The Emperor's New Clothes of Leather Perfumes
Guerlain CUIR BELUGA is really the Emperor's New Clothes of leather perfumes. How strange that one would want to make a non-leather leather fragrance. After all, no one forces a perfumer to make a leather perfume, so he/she can always choose to create another lightly floral amber vanilla instead, and that is in fact what we have here.

I'm not saying that every leather perfume must approach CABOCHARD, but CUIR BELUGA is much closer to L'Artisan Parfumeur BOIS FARINE! It doesn't make sense strategically, either, I think. When I took out my sample vial of CUIR BELUGA, I looked forward with great anticipation to a new leather perfume that would be refined and sophisticated, perhaps something really out of the ordinary. What I thought I could certainly count on was something very daring--isn't that the point of leather frags, after all? Leather is an intrinsically eccentric note--the very antithesis of most.

Instead, I found myself wearing a pleasant, but rather nondescript linear scent with a touch of the gourmandise of IRIS GANACHE and ANGELIQUE NOIRE in a floury-amber, not a leathery base! What a disappointment.

• by BlueValkyrie by BlueValkyrie
  • by Moko33 by Moko33
  • by Sirchelios by Sirchelios
  • by IrinaBerlin by IrinaBerlin

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain