Cuir Beluga 2005

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain
Top 6 in Unisex Perfume
Cuir Beluga is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Après L'Ondée (Eau de Toilette)

Olivier Polge

Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
HeliotropeHeliotrope
VanillaVanilla
SuedeSuede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.09.2021.

Cuir Beluga is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

Loo
Never another winter without him!
I had already heard so many positive things about these fragrances and had not found a store in my area that carries these scents....until a few weeks ago...all I can say is they are so incredibly good...I bought 4 bottles right away because they are so different and wonderful that I just could not decide.

Cuir Beluga is so warm, it feels like a thick fluffy blanket on a cold winter day. That suede vanilla paired with mandarin, pachouli and amber...an absolute feel-good scent for cold days. I sometimes spray it on at bedtime too. The beauty is that the fragrance has no progression and fully develops its charm from the beginning. The sillage is subtle. This range is definitely worth its price...just having the bottle in my closet puts a smile on my face. I never want to be without it again!
Elenasmom
"Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend..."
Silently he sat there, in his small apartment, which was now a single apartment again. There was nothing there to remind him that until three weeks ago, two people madly in love had made plans for their future together. Nothing except...
He had his cold hands buried in her beautiful suede jacket on his lap again. Ever since their breakup, he'd been dragging it around with him constantly.
He remembered all the times she had worn it, on so many occasions she had it on. On their first date, when they'd gone for a walk in the woods. On quite a few visits to amusement parks, when they'd screeched with laughter and ridden all the cheesy attractions, but he'd never been able to get anything out of them. He made her feel it, too. How terribly mean he was to her sometimes! And she just forgave him, even cut him some slack!
His fingers played with the golden zipper, he undid it and closed it again, thinking of how often she had opened it with her delicate hands, sometimes lasciviously, because they both knew what was about to follow. Sometimes with a jerk because she was pissed and wanted to get to bed quickly. But mostly he opened it for her, simply because he liked that soft, light suede so incredibly on her, and liked touching it very much.
It fit her like a glove, hugging her slender figure, accentuating her fair complexion, and when her blonde hair was down, it almost melted into the fine leather.
He lifted the jacket to his nose and inhaled quite deeply the scent so intangibly familiar to him. The cloth interior smelled a tiny bit synthetic, but this was masked by a wonderful sweetness.
She wore almost exclusively vanilla perfumes, and because the jacket had to be washed at the dry cleaners, which was very expensive and therefore only done twice in all the years of their relationship, the most diverse vanilla notes now mixed with this fine soft leather. As if intoxicated, he inhaled this beautiful smell that he would recognize anywhere in the world.

Lost in thought, he plucked a few small straws from the inside pocket where his hands had wandered. Horses, yes, that was her great passion. Even in the stable she wore her beloved buckskin jacket. But, what was it? A small, withered, pale purple flower fell into his hands. He lifted it closer to his eyes and carefully turned it back and forth in his fingers. After all these years, she had still had it in her jacket pocket and never lost it? The flower he'd brought her on their first date, he kept forgetting its name, but of course she knew it. "Heliotrope!" he heard her flute, "Heliotrope, you can make yourself a mnemonic with 'purple' and you won't forget it!" He had forgotten him, over and over again. Because he didn't care enough about such things, just as he ended up not caring enough about her.

An ache drove through his heart, razor sharp and hot, as it had so many times on the past few days. What a fool he was, what a giant idiot! The longing for her shook him, gave him sleepless nights, and made him cry every night like a kicked animal.

The scent of the jacket would soon diminish, he knew. Forever he would not be able to preserve it, and that made the physical and mental pain 1000 times worse. He knew she didn't want the jacket back. And he also knew that he deserved this agony he would suffer the day the scent was gone for good. But it still clung so well to the soft leather that it almost seemed like she was in the room with him. The whole apartment smelled of it, ravishing and tormenting him at the same time. He deserved this emotional chaos, yes. She was gone, for good, he'd pushed her away, and now she wasn't responding to his messages. With tears in his eyes and his jacket in his arms, he curled up on the couch. Never again would he find such a great woman, he knew that. But that realization came too late.

"... you have been the one, you have been the one for me.
I'm so hollow baby
I'm so hollow
I'm so, I'm so
I'm so hollow"

Music Lyrics: "Goodbye my lover" by James Blunt

--- Editor's note: Cuir Beluga is not a sad fragrance, but fine, soft and noble. This fragrance description flowed just so from my pen, or my phone, and absolutely wanted to be written
Searching and finding
I've been looking for it for a long time. The one, my fragrance. Which accompanies me and may always be at my side. On the way I have encountered many fragrances, some were allowed to stay longer, the others were rather a short liaison. And honestly, I had already given up looking for him. Through an incredibly dear perfumer I was allowed to test Cuir Beluga, and immediately it was clear: this is it! This is my signature scent. He may accompany me from now on.
For many he may simply be a vanilla fragrance, for me he is so much more. An explosion of vanilla, strawflower, tangerine and suede. So soft, so spicy and so damn incredibly sexy yet so understated.
The purest fragrance seduction, without pushing itself into the limelight with flashy components.
I will treasure and cherish every drop of this magical elixir.
Thank you for this fragrance!
my personal top favorite
somewhere I read it Cuir Beluga is sex for the nose. That hits it, absolutely!
Not intrusive, but sexy to the power of three! So is this fragrance!
A masterpiece, a unisex fragrance of the best class, a revelation for all vanilla lovers. For me, this was love at first spray.
The fragrance is just brilliantly good. He is sweet but not a club. He is quite heavy, but does not burden. On the contrary. Warmth and security he conveys.
I had received a large delivery of fragrance samples and bottlings and had all only briefly sniffed. 15 min later I smelled it. This incredible fragrance, WHAT was that?
So again all tubes sniffed and there I had it "Cuir Beluga" - a dream! I melt away and never want to be without him again.
The fragrance has what it takes to become my signature. He is the burner par excellence.
ALL friends and acquaintances hang like children on my skirt and want to sniff
Balm for the soul
Cuir Beluga - how I adore you!
This scent is so warm, cozy, soft, enveloping ...
I love the vanilla notes in Guerlain's fragrances and it's perfect here too. Together with the leather note very round and fitting and at the same time not too sweet or too gourmandig. Just perfect. This fragrance makes me happy.
The other day, I smelled Cuir Beluga on a man, which I also found totally beautiful and I would have loved to tell this gentleman that he smells wonderful...
With a view of the pond
It overlooks the landscaped pond in the city park.
Her cream-beige suede moccasins with delicate golden buckle she combines with her cream-colored sheath dress.
Autumn has arrived, it's shivering and she pulls her scarf a little more over her delicate shoulders.
The strands of her hair held high fall lightly into her face, as if she has already had a long day's work.
One might assume she was vain, certainly from a good home, or even conceited.
But if you meet her gaze you recognize her smiling eyes, filled with disarming warmth.

Cuir Beluga is undoubtedly elegant. But to me, it also radiates warmth and heartiness. It is soft like well-kept suede moccasins and truly beautiful.

Côte d’Azur by night!!
This fragrance is one of the best Vanille-gourmand ever!
The combination of Amber & vanille reminds me of a fresh cake out of the oven, you might have the feeling it leans more on the féminin side because of the sweetness (cake) + suede, but actually Thats Just a warm memory of nostalgie/Kitchen/fresh cake.
Cuir beluga is one of the best Vanilla scent out there & I’m not a big fan of Vanilla fragrances but this one has depth + the suede gives it a calm (suagry sweet) feeling .

Absolutely worth every penny!!!
A warm hug
This fragrance is the second after Angelique Noir, which was allowed to move in with me and I am overjoyed with him. First of all: I love vanilla scents & Guerlain is known for it. & YES, the scents are really great. It's so soft, creamy, warm & special because of the suede. I feel hugged when I wear it. It brings me down on stressful days & lets me breathe easy. When it's yucky wet & cold outside, it warms me up. (Just love what an impact scents can have, don't you think?) I have to admit that I wear it more often to go to sleep, even though it's way too expensive for that but I can just fall asleep and dream. The scent lasts super on my skin but is still restrained and not at all intrusive. It really melts into my skin. I find the scent is absolutely unisex and would love to sniff it on my boyfriend, if he would be a little more "perfume crazy" like me. Well a dream idea. (Maybe I'll dare to spray it on him at night without him noticing, then I'm sure I'll sleep much better. ;) ) Guerlain has once again hit the mark and completely picked me up with this scent. I love it.
Nordnase
The underlining of femininity?
What exactly femininity means, most have very different ideas. Traditional gender roles emphasize submissiveness and dependence on men in "feminine" characteristics. Today, in the age of emancipation and gender madness, this is certainly different, originally feminine characteristics and also weaknesses are de-categorized, declared void and old-fashioned. Everyone can and should do what he wants, everything is possible in almost all areas- UNISEX is the magic word....
A mess without orientation? Is femininity still possible? Or is there even a new one, which unites all this in itself? Sensual delicate and masculine determined at the same time? Yin and Yang?

Cuir Beluga is feminine and masculine in many ways, and is made for these crazy/dead times. It is such a modern and elegant fragrance that leaves little doubt that both qualities are aptly fused here.

Delicate, fruity mandarin opens briefly, accompanied by restrained aldehydes. Quiet flowers and fine vanilla are further accents, very gently they come along. Then I smell heliotrope, clearly feminine. But not for long, noble masculine suede follows. This suede, amber and vanilla perform the final dance, together. Yin and Yang - it fits. At least olfactory.

Cuir Beluga lies next to me in its little box, the bottle still occupied by the old-fashioned fabric balloon sprayer. I love these nostalgic little things, the specialness is highlighted once again. Noblesse and femininity pure!

This exclusive fragrance fits rightly in our modern times, the interaction of the components shows that male and female still need each other, provided that one stands openly and honestly to himself and leaves the other as he is, without attacking or manipulating, with respect and appreciation for the otherness of the partner.

At the end of the day, aren't we all a bit bluna, and yet we only want one thing: to be loved and respected.

The big question that I am unable to answer, despite my thirty years of studying the female soul, is "What does a woman actually want?" (Sigmund Freud ) :-))))))
Vogue2011
Pardon? Vanilla with caviar, does it go?
Tastes are different.
Tastes can amaze.
Tastes can put off.

Tastes can revolutionize, as with Cuir Beluga :-)

With Beluga probably most think of the Caviar (then probably also concerns with many the point 3 in the beginning of my statement ;-)

How Guerlain came up with one of its best vanilla fragrances in connection with a Beluga whale? Creative marketing, 100%. Cuir is translated leather, and there is even leather from the WAL, from a place that is very unusual (who wants to know it writes to me, the word falls here certainly in the censorship ;-)

Cuir Zansibar I would have understood, in Zansibar is supposed to thrive the best vanilla, but BELUGA? ;-)
So be it! Nothing, not even the fanciest name clouds the pure joy of this wonderful fragrance, this wonderful warm vanilla. If I have it on a jacket it greets me every morning anew, because the durability is really VERY good! Even on a cap I wore during yet very clear rain and the also times 2 Sprüher CB abbekam was the scent after drying still clearly perceptible!

Mes chéres Guerlains, YOU can fragrance! But, who distributes the names? Lets me no peace ;-)

MariaSMariaS 1 month ago
Sensual creamy watery vanilla! Such a beautiful fragrance!! Wish it was cheaper!
BielwenassBielwenass 7 months ago
Smooth and calm vanilla fragrance. No cuir here.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 10 months ago
In the opening, the freshness of aldehydes and mandarin followed by a sweet, dry immortelle with amber. Heliotrope and vanilla in the base.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
The most wonderful suede, alluring flower and vanilla sweetness, the smoothest amber, and a terrible price. I only have a decant so far :-(
K84K84 2 years ago
Silky milky almondy suede with prominent Guerlinade. I really like its softness and tenderness.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Smooth vanilla and velvety suede. Sweet and elegant like expensive edible lipstick.

CB-Abusus... ;)
by EveMist
by IrisNobile
Für Fresh: Echt schräg! Der Babyelefant-die neue Maßeinheit ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCXqljbCw-s
by LaVioletta
by Einfachich
by Einfachich
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
Wer findet den Baumgeist?
by Sternenklar
by Hatka
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Chamade (Extrait) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain