Cuir Beluga 2005

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain
Top 5 in Unisex Perfume
Cuir Beluga is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Everlasting flower
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Heliotrope, Vanilla, Suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.09.2020.

Cuir Beluga is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

The number one?
I have ordered Cuir Beluga together with Spirituese Double Vanille and Tonka Imperiale as bottling (see my comment at Spirituese Double Vanille) and I am very enthusiastic about all three, especially about Spirituese Double Vanille and Cuir Beluga!

As a huge vanilla fan, I have smelled hundreds of different versions of vanilla in my life, but none could compare to Guerlain's, except of course a real, fresh vanilla bean
Scent:
Immediately after spraying I smell the beautiful vanilla, very soft suede and something that reminds me of the smell of straw but very soft, full strawflower or heliotrope? To be honest, I don't even know what the above mentioned smell like and can therefore only guess and speculate. Cuir Beluga remains throughout really beautiful vanilla and tender and becomes slightly powdery with time but also very soft. In the end only the beautiful vanilla remains.

If I had to describe SDV and Cuir Beluga, I guess it would be like this:
SDV is the bigger, more mature brother (or sister?) of Cuir Beluga. While Cuir Beluga is a youngster and still a bit playful and is just about to refine his way of seducing others, SDV is an adult and likes to drink a glass of fine rum. SDV also seduces in an adult way with rum and incense. Cuir likes to sit at home in his parents' villa on the high-quality leather couch, SDV on the other hand is well dressed with a glass of expensive rum in his office and receives high-ranking people there.

If I'm fair and honest: I don't know if Cuir or SDV is my number one vanilla I see both on the first place, because both know how to convince and impress in their own way.

Both of them stay with me for several hours and smell simply wonderful throughout. Sillage is not very big but it doesn't have to be, because both like it quiet and want you to get closer to them
Cuir Beluga is m. M. n. very suitable for both sexes.

I can really recommend Cuir Beluga to every vanilla fan!

Cuir Beluga = sex for the nose? I'd say so, yes!
You made my day today ♥
Spring where were you today?
The whole day it's pouring like buckets, the sky is grey, the wind blows your umbrella away and it's still cold. Hello icemen...
When I looked out of the window this morning, I wanted to crawl back into bed... But well what can you do? I had to go to work anyway!
Yesterday it was warm, sunny and blue skies, and today something like this...
Yesterday Miss Dior Cherie and today Cuir Beluga.
Yeah!
I recently purchased Cuir Beluga. It was on my wish list for a long time, but the leather listed here was always a thorn in my side. I absolutely do not like leather in fragrances.
But what could I do? The comments read so wonderfully and I just can't resist a Guerlain. There was no possibility to test it, so just order it. What could go wrong? is just an expensive fragrance from the Exclusive Collection ;)

What can I say? I haven't regretted it!
Cuir Beluga is as different as I imagined him to be. Fortunately I don't perceive aldehydes so strongly. Besides leather this was my fear opponent. I only say Chanel No. 5...
I don't really perceive tangerines that directly either. The top note almost disappears on my skin, because after only 2 seconds Cuir Beluga immediately becomes pleasantly sweet, slightly balsamic. It clings to my skin like an expensive oil. The vanilla is neither too sweet nor synthetic, no it is soft, cuddly but also very seductive.

Cuir Beluga is warm, sensual and elegant in one and the suede complements the fragrance perfectly. The so dreaded leather is soft, not too dominant and simply gives the perfume that certain something. Here, soft, supple suede is powdered with vanilla. Beautiful.

Unfortunately, this golden dream has a catch. I'll have it up close and personal within an hour. The Sillage I had imagined - as usual with Guerlain - better. You have to get very close to me to smell it. But he has been on the skin for over 8 hours. Which on the way home in the rain, at least a short smile on my face could conjure :)
Dream smell!!!!!
8 years ago, I went to the perfumery, briefly describing to Guerlain's saleswoman what kind of perfume I would like to have... vanilla, powdery, not low level, fine, no 08/15 fragrance, especially exceptionally beautiful ...! She looked at me and said, "I know exactly what you want"... took an inconspicuous bottle, sprayed and was so right with Cuir Beluga! Love at first sight, I could have poured the whole bottle over my head. Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to the idea of buying this wonderful fragrance very quickly when the saleswoman told me the price. Until today I could not fulfill this dream because I do not have the money. But, as we all know, one must never give up hope and maybe, maybe, maybe... ...there'll be a bottle of this preciousness at my place too.

Kir Royal
I think everyone who is seriously thinking about getting a cultivated vanilla scent with class should put Cuir Beluga on the test list.

Well, this eau de parfum from the exclusive L'Art et la Martière collection is not necessarily low priced, but it is absolutely worth its price - apart from the noble, timeless bottle.

What you get is an exquisite example of high olfactory art or a revelation for all connoisseurs of vanilla fragrances. At the beginning there is a very short combination of aldehydes and tangerine, which Cuir Beluga opens precious-metallic-cool and then creates a distinctive contrast with the gently warming vanilla. This comes beautifully natural and expands with the beguiling heliotrope to a creamy blend.

Patchouli and suede only play a very minor role, but they are present in spirit. Accordingly Cuir Beluga together with Amber is less a sweetish or even too gourmand vanilla scent, but one with style
A similarity to fragrances with the combination of vanilla and orange blossom cannot be denied, those usually develop a little more ponderous and dull. In contrast Cuir Beluga has more guts as well as this decisive burr of depth in connection with valuable refinement in order to be able to play right at the top.

For me the perfect companion on sunny but frosty cold winter days. But maybe everyone should find out his own favourite opportunity with Cuir Beluga.
Homage to vanilla
Last year I was happy. Happy smelling Jade/SoOud.
A blind purchase.
What a scent.
Nobody can get to ∞ I thought.

I knew Guerlain from the series "L'Art et la Matière". There were some bottlings, too. I could never really decide which one was my absolute darling. Met again and again my smell expectation and/or it is also for each cause something thereby. Often I have then also taken to Spiritueuse Double Vanilla (about which I could also let myself out for a long time)
Conclusion: Guerlain and I are going great.
Further insight: I like vanilla. Vanilla goes with them also always, and - is often also from the game.

So to get back to Jade, my favourite seductive vanilla perfume: I didn't expect anything similar to it. I was so enthusiastic about the special feature of this fragrance.
And then the pocket sprayer Cuir Beluga arrived (thank you, Azura). Surprise - Jade clearly had one player in the league.

Do I have to make up my mind now?
The Sillage of Cuir Beluga is more perceptible for me, but the durability of Jade is somewhat better (in the evening on it, in the morning still in the nose), whereby Cuir Beluga is also tidy.
And - the Cuir Beluga bottle is plain, the way I like it.

I am now no longer specifically Jade or Cuir Beluga or Spiritueuse Double Vanilla decayed. But definitely a vanilla lover and this one is decaying.
The perfumes are a highlight for the autumn and also for the following cold winter.
So I'm looking forward to it and to more that will give me vanilla.

DonJuanDeCat
Soft leather with vanilla taste
Beluga. Although the name stands for the white whale, it reminds me of something completely different. Something that's even fictional. Namely Beruga, a character from a video game that I had played more than 15 years ago and that has remained in my head until today, because of the great story and because of the happy moments of success in the game, which just grabbed me back then. (For those who are interested, the game was Terranigma on Super Nintendo,... what a feeling it was to get your own ship at some point, with which you could travel the whole game world,... I digress...).

There you see again, what for memories certain smells can release already due to a name in one... however while all the others think of other things like the love or something else, I remember of course of a video game... because I am such a stupid freak, oh no *sore without end*
...
*sigh*

Well... The term Beluga was chosen here only because the fragrance is supposed to reflect the softness of white velour, or something similar, if I understood correctly... and because it is also a Guerlain fragrance, I am as always especially curious :)

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins immediately leathery, but also slightly citric and vanilla-sweet at the same time. The mandarin has certain difficulties in perceiving it correctly, but it can still be sniffed in the ascending scent, at least for a short time. The aldehydes seemed to me to be even shorter, and they seemed to have evaporated again immediately. The leather and the vanilla smell immediately and also quite intensively.
Later there are some flowery notes in the background, but I can't identify them. Fortunately, they don't smell stuffy, even if a strawflower should sound dry somehow, if you can smell it at all.
Even later, the scent continues to smell sweetish vanilla, while the leather becomes a little weaker. In addition, there is a little amber and, if you are sniffing concentrated, some heliotrope, whose fragrance reminds a little of almonds.

The radiation and the durability:
The Sillage is only good at the beginning, but it falls off quickly, so that it is more above average. Even if he can be sniffed at one of them, I think he is a bit too weak for the winter, but well, as I said, it's still okay.
But the durability is quite high, because it lasts more than twelve hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and has gold metal plaques on the sides. The name of the fragrance is written on it and you can see the logo of Guerlain. The front and back of the bottle are transparent so that you can see the golden scent liquid. The name Guerlain is written at the bottom of the thick glass. The fragrances are delivered with a golden spray head and a nice pump ball, although I think I was recently told that the pump balls had been abolished... Anyway, a beautiful and nobly made bottle.

So, this fragrance is very beautiful and pleasantly soft. You can almost feel the velvety surface of a suede leather. But since you can also smell quite intense vanilla, it is not necessarily as if you were sitting on a leather couch, for example. Or it's like sitting on a leather couch, but you spilled a whole bucket of vanilla ice cream on it and the cat licks it partially, while you panically and hectically get things to clean... :D

Like all L'Art et la Matière fragrances, this fragrance cuts a very good figure here, smells good, but is unfortunately a bit weaker in its charisma, at least for the fact that its fragrance is more in autumn and winter. But because it is not so strong, I call it an all-rounder, so that it could also be used in low doses in spring.

Anyway, it lies very nicely on the skin, is as said very soft and could also be used as something like a cuddly smell... well, if you have someone to cuddle, waaaah, of course not me... *sigh* Well then I grab the hangover, which is also warm and just cuddly :)

In any case, I recommend to test it (the scent :D) in any case, especially if you like leathery scents

Quiet perfection.
From beginning to end, this fragrance speaks of luxury. Like white suede chamois gloves or the soft white leather interior of a luxury car, it doesn't get any better than this.

Initially I get a very delicate, sparkling mandarin orange balanced by aldehydes. The soft, vanilla-heliotrope background is joined by the dry, honey-like texture of immortelle flower. Followed by Amber and more vanilla in the dry down.

This is a minimalist composition of only 15 ingredients, this is very different for a Guerlain fragrance (most of which are very rich and complex). I think that whilst this is minimalist, it speaks of quality all the way through.

A beautifully balanced, quiet, sweet and soft fragrance which really lets people know you have taste. In a class of its own, really.
2.5

Cuir Beluga
his fragrance opens with aromas of vanilla, patchouli and leather. The notes blend into an unusual accord: a sweet, slightly salty, chocolate leather accord. I do not know if it is just my imagination but the saltiness reminds me of brine. The vanilla and patchouli notes balance this interesting facet which otherwise could have been rather off-putting. The fragrance is smooth and sophisticated and makes me think of an exotic milk chocolate bar made with goat’s or lama’s milk. If I had to name a scent sibling for this Guerlain offering I’d chose Odori’s Iris.

The Emperor's New Clothes of Leather Perfumes
Guerlain CUIR BELUGA is really the Emperor's New Clothes of leather perfumes. How strange that one would want to make a non-leather leather fragrance. After all, no one forces a perfumer to make a leather perfume, so he/she can always choose to create another lightly floral amber vanilla instead, and that is in fact what we have here.

I'm not saying that every leather perfume must approach CABOCHARD, but CUIR BELUGA is much closer to L'Artisan Parfumeur BOIS FARINE! It doesn't make sense strategically, either, I think. When I took out my sample vial of CUIR BELUGA, I looked forward with great anticipation to a new leather perfume that would be refined and sophisticated, perhaps something really out of the ordinary. What I thought I could certainly count on was something very daring--isn't that the point of leather frags, after all? Leather is an intrinsically eccentric note--the very antithesis of most.

Instead, I found myself wearing a pleasant, but rather nondescript linear scent with a touch of the gourmandise of IRIS GANACHE and ANGELIQUE NOIRE in a floury-amber, not a leathery base! What a disappointment.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 152 days ago
The most wonderful suede, alluring flower and vanilla sweetness, the smoothest amber, and a terrible price. I only have a decant so far :-(
K84K84 11 months ago
Silky milky almondy suede with prominent Guerlinade. I really like its softness and tenderness.
ItchynoseItchynose 12 months ago
Smooth vanilla and velvety suede. Sweet and elegant like expensive edible lipstick.

CB-Abusus... ;)
by EveMist
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by IrisNobile
Für Fresh: Echt schräg! Der Babyelefant-die neue Maßeinheit ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCXqljbCw-s
by LaVioletta
by Einfachich
by Einfachich
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
Wer findet den Baumgeist?
by Rotapanta
by Sirchelios
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain