Cuir Beluga 2005

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain
Top 4 in Unisex Perfume
Cuir Beluga is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dolce Vita (Eau de Toilette)

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Everlasting flower
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Heliotrope, Vanilla, Suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.11.2020.

Cuir Beluga is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

4ajbukoshka
Requiem for a Dream - personal heroin: my love, my ruin!
When love is addictive, destroys you - or at least your wallet - and you just don't care.
I need more of that heroin!
Fraport 2017:
As always shortly before departure, I rummage through the shops, much to the chagrin of my friend, and especially through rows and rows of perfumes. It's one of my first flights abroad and we don't have much time left.
Conspicuously enthroned on the other side of the room, brightly lit - or brightly lit - a row of perfumes.
From a distance of x meters I recognize: there is something special there.
These things, which you crush with your fingers, from which it then makes "pfft pfft" and where the perfume comes out, I only knew them from films and had otherwise only seen them in a showcase.

My friend: Can we please go? I don't want to miss the flight!
Me: (sweetest pout ever) BUT! It won't take long. I promise! (rush over to this outfit where you have all kinds of boxes with funny contents: white leather that can be stroked and feels incredibly soft and much more)
I blindly grab one of the bottles, which all look the same anyway, and just spray on it. Over my head, on my scarf and on my wrist. Pretty impractical, that pfft-pfft-thing.
My friend who had come to me to ask me to leave: Holy shit, what the fuck is that?!
I'm already regretting not looking for a test strip: Sorry? But the air here smells soooo delicious :(( I love vanilla! He: No, that smells great! But now come on, come on, you have dawdled too much again! (pulls me through the store by my arm)
I still try to find a name or a price tag somewhere while walking, in vain.
We didn't miss the flight.
But on the way back we don't come into THIS shop. I'm sulking a little, my friend with me He: Well, you have enough perfume, but... ...but if I had to name one perfume that smells like you and HOW you smell, it would be the one you wore on the plane. That incredibly sweet stuff that you can't hate because it's so cute and sweet Yes. I have a little sweet tooth. But he did insult me a little bit with his comment. After all, I am more than just cute and sweet. Whatever.
I'm trying to forget about it I don't even know his name
A few weeks later...
One of my perfumes (Prada "Candy", the EDT) is empty. After Lacoste's "Pour Femme", finally the second one, so according to my own rule, a new perfume can finally be bought.
So I buy a Dupe to Lacoste "Pour Femme", because I haven't found one to go with the other one and after the holiday there is a yawning emptiness on my account.
It doesn't make me happy. I can't forget that one perfume. I don't want to live without it, I must at least try it again! Maybe I won't be able to smell it after all?
So three weeks later, I'm standing there and I'm making up my mind That one decision that would change everything forever: I'm now going in search of that perfume, that dream of vanilla with that "pfft-pfft-thing".
I spend six hours with it and already have no more desire, in addition hunger and my feet hurt.
I have been to all the drugstores and perfumeries here and I have only seen one perfume with "Pfft-pfft-Dingsbums" and that was nowhere near the sweet lightness that had accompanied me during my flight from Frankfurt (and on my scarf for a few days longer, I literally sucked the scent in with my nose until it was gone).
Meh ://.
So I, shy towards strangers, take my heart and ask the very competent and sweet-looking perfume saleswoman.
She can't make sense of my description, but she gives me a hint.
You: If you think it is something special, go to Mrs. [name]! She has very exquisite and niche scents. If you can't find what you're looking for with her, you won't find it anywhere So I'm going on a search.
Enter this place, hidden in an old building and feel intimidated. This place looks expensive An elegantly dressed and beautifully made-up woman around 30 welcomes me and would like to help me.
I, gesticulating "the pfft-pfft-thing" and tell her I'm looking for a sweet vanilla scent She, smiles: Oh, you mean the boutique fragrances from Guerlain with the pump dispensers?
Me, inside: That sounds expensive. Oh oh.
So she leads me into a room and there they are, these beautiful flacons That's them! Whoo-hoo!
So the lady starts talking and talking, unpacks violet test strips with golden letters, and with the first spray I realize: "Exactly THAT's it! Yes!"
She explains the ingredients to me, shows me other fragrances from this edition, Tonka Impériale for example, which goes in a similar direction, but "it" is not...
My mind is somewhere else The price of 220€ brings me back down to earth.
No, I'm afraid it doesn't exist in small I have to think about it 220€ I no longer have on the account.
I'm bent. I'm going home. There's my piggy bank, the money counts. 186€ and a few cents.
Actually, I'm saving up for a bike I'll wrap the piggy bank in a clutch, wrap it up. No, I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna change my mind right now. I can't do that!
I go to the bank the next day and want to change the money. There are charges. Nope. I walk by work, ask the boss if he needs change in the till. He changes me 60€.
I go to dm, buy something and ask if it's okay if I give her more money in change and then she gives me back big money. I'm lucky I go to the perfumery and head straight for the boutique fragrances.
The salesgirl: Blah, blah, blah Me: Thanks, but I already know that I want to buy this one.
Arrived at the cash desk, I unpack about 100€ in notes and the rest in 1 and 2€ pieces. First the saleswoman has to get the key for the cash register. Usually people pay with credit card.
While I sort the coins into piles of 10 and 20€, I think about running away and not buying the perfume. I am quite embarrassed by all this and I think about my bank balance. Ouch!

But in the end I buy it, this luxury in a bottle - and I feel shabby and bad at the same time and so incredibly intoxicated.
This powdery dream of vanilla is underlaid with floral impressions, but for me it consists mainly of vanilla, vanilla and the very best vanilla ever! Cuir Beluga is a bit heavy (probably because of the patchouli), a little bit smoky(?), but not musty.
No, this candy needs something to stay on the ground, so that it doesn't stick to anyone's bottom when they eat it, according to a Russian proverb Cuir Beluga doesn't smell like leather to me, for me angels have to smell like that!
And me. Almost every day now In the beginning I only wore Cuir Beluga on special occasions But now I wear it almost daily, because every day can be a special day - and I celebrate love with it.
The love of life, vanilla and myself!
Your smile
The day sucked,
so really, really shit
I'm home at last
You open the door for me And you welcome me with that bright smile that smile that goes all the way into your eyes,
and causes my stomach to tingle;
warm, like soft, smooth vanilla I smile back at you the stress of the day falls like a stone to the ground.

Ahh, you had a barbecue the smell of smoke hangs delicately in your clothes,
a slight hint of spices.
Together we go down to the lake,
that borders our property,
settle down on the patchouliwarm earth.
I lean my head on your shoulder the soft suede of your jacket caresses my skin.
We talk and laugh none of that stressful day, just like that...
...about everything...
Relaxed, released...
In your eyes still that smile On your lips shines a tiny drop of rum,
amber...
i can't take my eyes off it.....

The next morning, you go...
"Please stay," it's forming in my mind,
but not a word comes from my lips...
"Dear", you say, "I'll be back tonight"...
wordless understanding....
Then you go...

I turn around bury my face in your pillow,
and he's there,
your smell,
warm, balsamic...
And I smile....
This is how this fragrance is for me, warm, balsamic, it seems to understand me wordlessly, takes me in its arms when I need it and yet there is also something attractive, not a mayfly, but a familiar togetherness.
The number one?
I have ordered Cuir Beluga together with Spirituese Double Vanille and Tonka Imperiale as bottling (see my comment at Spirituese Double Vanille) and I am very enthusiastic about all three, especially about Spirituese Double Vanille and Cuir Beluga!

As a huge vanilla fan, I have smelled hundreds of different versions of vanilla in my life, but none could compare to Guerlain's, except of course a real, fresh vanilla bean
Scent:
Immediately after spraying I smell the beautiful vanilla, very soft suede and something that reminds me of the smell of straw but very soft, full strawflower or heliotrope? To be honest, I don't even know what the above mentioned smell like and can therefore only guess and speculate. Cuir Beluga remains throughout really beautiful vanilla and tender and becomes slightly powdery with time but also very soft. In the end only the beautiful vanilla remains.

If I had to describe SDV and Cuir Beluga, I guess it would be like this:
SDV is the bigger, more mature brother (or sister?) of Cuir Beluga. While Cuir Beluga is a youngster and still a bit playful and is just about to refine his way of seducing others, SDV is an adult and likes to drink a glass of fine rum. SDV also seduces in an adult way with rum and incense. Cuir likes to sit at home in his parents' villa on the high-quality leather couch, SDV on the other hand is well dressed with a glass of expensive rum in his office and receives high-ranking people there.

If I'm fair and honest: I don't know if Cuir or SDV is my number one vanilla I see both on the first place, because both know how to convince and impress in their own way.

Both of them stay with me for several hours and smell simply wonderful throughout. Sillage is not very big but it doesn't have to be, because both like it quiet and want you to get closer to them
Cuir Beluga is m. M. n. very suitable for both sexes.

I can really recommend Cuir Beluga to every vanilla fan!

Cuir Beluga = sex for the nose? I'd say so, yes!
You made my day today ♥
Spring where were you today?
The whole day it's pouring like buckets, the sky is grey, the wind blows your umbrella away and it's still cold. Hello icemen...
When I looked out of the window this morning, I wanted to crawl back into bed... But well what can you do? I had to go to work anyway!
Yesterday it was warm, sunny and blue skies, and today something like this...
Yesterday Miss Dior Cherie and today Cuir Beluga.
Yeah!
I recently purchased Cuir Beluga. It was on my wish list for a long time, but the leather listed here was always a thorn in my side. I absolutely do not like leather in fragrances.
But what could I do? The comments read so wonderfully and I just can't resist a Guerlain. There was no possibility to test it, so just order it. What could go wrong? is just an expensive fragrance from the Exclusive Collection ;)

What can I say? I haven't regretted it!
Cuir Beluga is as different as I imagined him to be. Fortunately I don't perceive aldehydes so strongly. Besides leather this was my fear opponent. I only say Chanel No. 5...
I don't really perceive tangerines that directly either. The top note almost disappears on my skin, because after only 2 seconds Cuir Beluga immediately becomes pleasantly sweet, slightly balsamic. It clings to my skin like an expensive oil. The vanilla is neither too sweet nor synthetic, no it is soft, cuddly but also very seductive.

Cuir Beluga is warm, sensual and elegant in one and the suede complements the fragrance perfectly. The so dreaded leather is soft, not too dominant and simply gives the perfume that certain something. Here, soft, supple suede is powdered with vanilla. Beautiful.

Unfortunately, this golden dream has a catch. I'll have it up close and personal within an hour. The Sillage I had imagined - as usual with Guerlain - better. You have to get very close to me to smell it. But he has been on the skin for over 8 hours. Which on the way home in the rain, at least a short smile on my face could conjure :)
Dream smell!!!!!
8 years ago, I went to the perfumery, briefly describing to Guerlain's saleswoman what kind of perfume I would like to have... vanilla, powdery, not low level, fine, no 08/15 fragrance, especially exceptionally beautiful ...! She looked at me and said, "I know exactly what you want"... took an inconspicuous bottle, sprayed and was so right with Cuir Beluga! Love at first sight, I could have poured the whole bottle over my head. Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to the idea of buying this wonderful fragrance very quickly when the saleswoman told me the price. Until today I could not fulfill this dream because I do not have the money. But, as we all know, one must never give up hope and maybe, maybe, maybe... ...there'll be a bottle of this preciousness at my place too.

Kir Royal
I think everyone who is seriously thinking about getting a cultivated vanilla scent with class should put Cuir Beluga on the test list.

Well, this eau de parfum from the exclusive L'Art et la Martière collection is not necessarily low priced, but it is absolutely worth its price - apart from the noble, timeless bottle.

What you get is an exquisite example of high olfactory art or a revelation for all connoisseurs of vanilla fragrances. At the beginning there is a very short combination of aldehydes and tangerine, which Cuir Beluga opens precious-metallic-cool and then creates a distinctive contrast with the gently warming vanilla. This comes beautifully natural and expands with the beguiling heliotrope to a creamy blend.

Patchouli and suede only play a very minor role, but they are present in spirit. Accordingly Cuir Beluga together with Amber is less a sweetish or even too gourmand vanilla scent, but one with style
A similarity to fragrances with the combination of vanilla and orange blossom cannot be denied, those usually develop a little more ponderous and dull. In contrast Cuir Beluga has more guts as well as this decisive burr of depth in connection with valuable refinement in order to be able to play right at the top.

For me the perfect companion on sunny but frosty cold winter days. But maybe everyone should find out his own favourite opportunity with Cuir Beluga.
Homage to vanilla
Last year I was happy. Happy smelling Jade/SoOud.
A blind purchase.
What a scent.
Nobody can get to ∞ I thought.

I knew Guerlain from the series "L'Art et la Matière". There were some bottlings, too. I could never really decide which one was my absolute darling. Met again and again my smell expectation and/or it is also for each cause something thereby. Often I have then also taken to Spiritueuse Double Vanilla (about which I could also let myself out for a long time)
Conclusion: Guerlain and I are going great.
Further insight: I like vanilla. Vanilla goes with them also always, and - is often also from the game.

So to get back to Jade, my favourite seductive vanilla perfume: I didn't expect anything similar to it. I was so enthusiastic about the special feature of this fragrance.
And then the pocket sprayer Cuir Beluga arrived (thank you, Azura). Surprise - Jade clearly had one player in the league.

Do I have to make up my mind now?
The Sillage of Cuir Beluga is more perceptible for me, but the durability of Jade is somewhat better (in the evening on it, in the morning still in the nose), whereby Cuir Beluga is also tidy.
And - the Cuir Beluga bottle is plain, the way I like it.

I am now no longer specifically Jade or Cuir Beluga or Spiritueuse Double Vanilla decayed. But definitely a vanilla lover and this one is decaying.
The perfumes are a highlight for the autumn and also for the following cold winter.
So I'm looking forward to it and to more that will give me vanilla.

DonJuanDeCat
Soft leather with vanilla taste
Beluga. Although the name stands for the white whale, it reminds me of something completely different. Something that's even fictional. Namely Beruga, a character from a video game that I had played more than 15 years ago and that has remained in my head until today, because of the great story and because of the happy moments of success in the game, which just grabbed me back then. (For those who are interested, the game was Terranigma on Super Nintendo,... what a feeling it was to get your own ship at some point, with which you could travel the whole game world,... I digress...).

There you see again, what for memories certain smells can release already due to a name in one... however while all the others think of other things like the love or something else, I remember of course of a video game... because I am such a stupid freak, oh no *sore without end*
...
*sigh*

Well... The term Beluga was chosen here only because the fragrance is supposed to reflect the softness of white velour, or something similar, if I understood correctly... and because it is also a Guerlain fragrance, I am as always especially curious :)

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins immediately leathery, but also slightly citric and vanilla-sweet at the same time. The mandarin has certain difficulties in perceiving it correctly, but it can still be sniffed in the ascending scent, at least for a short time. The aldehydes seemed to me to be even shorter, and they seemed to have evaporated again immediately. The leather and the vanilla smell immediately and also quite intensively.
Later there are some flowery notes in the background, but I can't identify them. Fortunately, they don't smell stuffy, even if a strawflower should sound dry somehow, if you can smell it at all.
Even later, the scent continues to smell sweetish vanilla, while the leather becomes a little weaker. In addition, there is a little amber and, if you are sniffing concentrated, some heliotrope, whose fragrance reminds a little of almonds.

The radiation and the durability:
The Sillage is only good at the beginning, but it falls off quickly, so that it is more above average. Even if he can be sniffed at one of them, I think he is a bit too weak for the winter, but well, as I said, it's still okay.
But the durability is quite high, because it lasts more than twelve hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and has gold metal plaques on the sides. The name of the fragrance is written on it and you can see the logo of Guerlain. The front and back of the bottle are transparent so that you can see the golden scent liquid. The name Guerlain is written at the bottom of the thick glass. The fragrances are delivered with a golden spray head and a nice pump ball, although I think I was recently told that the pump balls had been abolished... Anyway, a beautiful and nobly made bottle.

So, this fragrance is very beautiful and pleasantly soft. You can almost feel the velvety surface of a suede leather. But since you can also smell quite intense vanilla, it is not necessarily as if you were sitting on a leather couch, for example. Or it's like sitting on a leather couch, but you spilled a whole bucket of vanilla ice cream on it and the cat licks it partially, while you panically and hectically get things to clean... :D

Like all L'Art et la Matière fragrances, this fragrance cuts a very good figure here, smells good, but is unfortunately a bit weaker in its charisma, at least for the fact that its fragrance is more in autumn and winter. But because it is not so strong, I call it an all-rounder, so that it could also be used in low doses in spring.

Anyway, it lies very nicely on the skin, is as said very soft and could also be used as something like a cuddly smell... well, if you have someone to cuddle, waaaah, of course not me... *sigh* Well then I grab the hangover, which is also warm and just cuddly :)

In any case, I recommend to test it (the scent :D) in any case, especially if you like leathery scents

Quiet perfection.
From beginning to end, this fragrance speaks of luxury. Like white suede chamois gloves or the soft white leather interior of a luxury car, it doesn't get any better than this.

Initially I get a very delicate, sparkling mandarin orange balanced by aldehydes. The soft, vanilla-heliotrope background is joined by the dry, honey-like texture of immortelle flower. Followed by Amber and more vanilla in the dry down.

This is a minimalist composition of only 15 ingredients, this is very different for a Guerlain fragrance (most of which are very rich and complex). I think that whilst this is minimalist, it speaks of quality all the way through.

A beautifully balanced, quiet, sweet and soft fragrance which really lets people know you have taste. In a class of its own, really.

Cuir Beluga
his fragrance opens with aromas of vanilla, patchouli and leather. The notes blend into an unusual accord: a sweet, slightly salty, chocolate leather accord. I do not know if it is just my imagination but the saltiness reminds me of brine. The vanilla and patchouli notes balance this interesting facet which otherwise could have been rather off-putting. The fragrance is smooth and sophisticated and makes me think of an exotic milk chocolate bar made with goat’s or lama’s milk. If I had to name a scent sibling for this Guerlain offering I’d chose Odori’s Iris.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 13 hours ago
In the opening, the freshness of aldehydes and mandarin followed by a sweet, dry immortelle with amber. Heliotrope and vanilla in the base.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 7 months ago
The most wonderful suede, alluring flower and vanilla sweetness, the smoothest amber, and a terrible price. I only have a decant so far :-(
K84K84 1 year ago
Silky milky almondy suede with prominent Guerlinade. I really like its softness and tenderness.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Smooth vanilla and velvety suede. Sweet and elegant like expensive edible lipstick.

CB-Abusus... ;)
by EveMist
by IrisNobile
Für Fresh: Echt schräg! Der Babyelefant-die neue Maßeinheit ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCXqljbCw-s
by LaVioletta
by Einfachich
by Einfachich
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
Wer findet den Baumgeist?
by Rotapanta
by Sirchelios
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain