Cuir Beluga 2005

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain
Top 7 in Unisex Perfume
Cuir Beluga is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Après L'Ondée (Eau de Toilette)

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Everlasting flower
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Heliotrope, Vanilla, Suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.06.2021.

Cuir Beluga is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

Balm for the soul
Cuir Beluga - how I adore you!
This scent is so warm, cozy, soft, enveloping ...
I love the vanilla notes in Guerlain's fragrances and it's perfect here too. Together with the leather note very round and fitting and at the same time not too sweet or too gourmandig. Just perfect. This fragrance makes me happy.
The other day, I smelled Cuir Beluga on a man, which I also found totally beautiful and I would have loved to tell this gentleman that he smells wonderful...
With a view of the pond
It overlooks the landscaped pond in the city park.
Her cream-beige suede moccasins with delicate golden buckle she combines with her cream-colored sheath dress.
Autumn has arrived, it's shivering and she pulls her scarf a little more over her delicate shoulders.
The strands of her hair held high fall lightly into her face, as if she has already had a long day's work.
One might assume she was vain, certainly from a good home, or even conceited.
But if you meet her gaze you recognize her smiling eyes, filled with disarming warmth.

Cuir Beluga is undoubtedly elegant. But to me, it also radiates warmth and heartiness. It is soft like well-kept suede moccasins and truly beautiful.

Côte d’Azur by night!!
This fragrance is one of the best Vanille-gourmand ever!
The combination of Amber & vanille reminds me of a fresh cake out of the oven, you might have the feeling it leans more on the féminin side because of the sweetness (cake) + suede, but actually Thats Just a warm memory of nostalgie/Kitchen/fresh cake.
Cuir beluga is one of the best Vanilla scent out there & I’m not a big fan of Vanilla fragrances but this one has depth + the suede gives it a calm (suagry sweet) feeling .

Absolutely worth every penny!!!
Alsterbarbie
It doesn't always have to be caviar?
Yes, it does! In this case it does, in the form of Cuir Beluga! That special leather with the caviar-like grain that luxury brands love to use for their handbags.

My association, before I smelled the perfume for the first time, was because of the name also immediately that of a Chanel bag in black Beluga leather (nope, do not have such a bag and no, I do not want one). I immediately thought of that particular French elegance, that casual, classy, a bit expensive, a bit arrogant nonchalance that you find mainly in France, and there especially in Paris.

And then the fragrance finally arrived: and it's everything I expected. And even more. And again, not. Cuir Beluga is noble, warm and soft, caressing and sometimes even cuddly . It actually reminds me of something from Chanel (maybe because of the aldehydes?). It's elegant, a bit spicy, distinctly vanilla and yet distinctly cool at the same time. Without being cool. It is attractive without wanting to be pleasing. And at the same time it keeps its distance. And still envelops me like a warm, soft coat. To me, he's like someone who pleases because he doesn't want to please anyone.
Yes, you smell expensive. Yes, you smell elegant. Yes, you're casual and unassuming. Yes, you might be a little arrogant, too. But you are so much warmer and more loving than I expected.
How nice that we have met!
A warm hug
This fragrance is the second after Angelique Noir, which was allowed to move in with me and I am overjoyed with him. First of all: I love vanilla scents & Guerlain is known for it. & YES, the scents are really great. It's so soft, creamy, warm & special because of the suede. I feel hugged when I wear it. It brings me down on stressful days & lets me breathe easy. When it's yucky wet & cold outside, it warms me up. (Just love what an impact scents can have, don't you think?) I have to admit that I wear it more often to go to sleep, even though it's way too expensive for that but I can just fall asleep and dream. The scent lasts super on my skin but is still restrained and not at all intrusive. It really melts into my skin. I find the scent is absolutely unisex and would love to sniff it on my boyfriend, if he would be a little more "perfume crazy" like me. Well a dream idea. (Maybe I'll dare to spray it on him at night without him noticing, then I'm sure I'll sleep much better. ;) ) Guerlain has once again hit the mark and completely picked me up with this scent. I love it.
Nordnase
The underlining of femininity?
What exactly femininity means, most have very different ideas. Traditional gender roles emphasize submissiveness and dependence on men in "feminine" characteristics. Today, in the age of emancipation and gender madness, this is certainly different, originally feminine characteristics and also weaknesses are de-categorized, declared void and old-fashioned. Everyone can and should do what he wants, everything is possible in almost all areas- UNISEX is the magic word....
A mess without orientation? Is femininity still possible? Or is there even a new one, which unites all this in itself? Sensual delicate and masculine determined at the same time? Yin and Yang?

Cuir Beluga is feminine and masculine in many ways, and is made for these crazy/dead times. It is such a modern and elegant fragrance that leaves little doubt that both qualities are aptly fused here.

Delicate, fruity mandarin opens briefly, accompanied by restrained aldehydes. Quiet flowers and fine vanilla are further accents, very gently they come along. Then I smell heliotrope, clearly feminine. But not for long, noble masculine suede follows. This suede, amber and vanilla perform the final dance, together. Yin and Yang - it fits. At least olfactory.

Cuir Beluga lies next to me in its little box, the bottle still occupied by the old-fashioned fabric balloon sprayer. I love these nostalgic little things, the specialness is highlighted once again. Noblesse and femininity pure!

This exclusive fragrance fits rightly in our modern times, the interaction of the components shows that male and female still need each other, provided that one stands openly and honestly to himself and leaves the other as he is, without attacking or manipulating, with respect and appreciation for the otherness of the partner.

At the end of the day, aren't we all a bit bluna, and yet we only want one thing: to be loved and respected.

The big question that I am unable to answer, despite my thirty years of studying the female soul, is "What does a woman actually want?" (Sigmund Freud ) :-))))))
Vogue2011
Pardon? Vanilla with caviar, does it go?
Tastes are different.
Tastes can amaze.
Tastes can put off.

Tastes can revolutionize, as with Cuir Beluga :-)

With Beluga probably most think of the Caviar (then probably also concerns with many the point 3 in the beginning of my statement ;-)

How Guerlain came up with one of its best vanilla fragrances in connection with a Beluga whale? Creative marketing, 100%. Cuir is translated leather, and there is even leather from the WAL, from a place that is very unusual (who wants to know it writes to me, the word falls here certainly in the censorship ;-)

Cuir Zansibar I would have understood, in Zansibar is supposed to thrive the best vanilla, but BELUGA? ;-)
So be it! Nothing, not even the fanciest name clouds the pure joy of this wonderful fragrance, this wonderful warm vanilla. If I have it on a jacket it greets me every morning anew, because the durability is really VERY good! Even on a cap I wore during yet very clear rain and the also times 2 Sprüher CB abbekam was the scent after drying still clearly perceptible!

Mes chéres Guerlains, YOU can fragrance! But, who distributes the names? Lets me no peace ;-)
FvSpee
Lightning commentary: The baker has called!
STATISTICS

As of today, Cuir Beluga is the second most popular fragrance on Parfumo in the unisex segment, with 721 reviews and a score of 8.7. This surprises me a little bit, because I'm still sitting firmly on my chair despite intensive testing. But beautiful I find this Guerlain too. Although I'm basically a fan of olfactory coeducation, I'm also a little surprised by the classification as unisex, as I find Cuir Beluga to be decidedly feminine. That see others similar to me, because the fragrance has here 2/3 female owners.

CHARACTERISTICS

Cuir Beluga is as warm as an evening in front of the crackling wood fire in the open fireplace, wrapped in a Snoopy cuddly blanket, the feet on a sheepskin and in wool socks knitted by the muhme herself.

Its olfactory color is as gleamingly golden as, well, as the designers at Guerlain made it on the outside. The One Million Gold Bar is a piece of street dirt by comparison.

It's as gourmand as the annual production of vanillin sugar by a Dr. Oetker factory after it was forced by executive order, due to the pandemic, by the Federal Minister of Cake to produce an additional 100 million cans of vanillin sugar from another manufacturer under license as well. Or like a creme brulee the size of the legendarily sawed Maple Leaf coin from Berlin's Museum Island. Or like... well, you'll read about that in a moment, if you don't already turn off your computer and run to the fridge.

ANALYTICS

Suede and aldehydes lounge more like this, nose-drilling on a bench in the corner, throwing in a note now and then. The rest of the scent notes are deadpan plausible.

CRITICISM

Although Cuir Beluga is not my style and I do not necessarily wish that the ladies of my near field smell like this, I think that Olivier Polge has presented here a high-quality and special, clean and clearly knitted fragrance that has become so famous, and not without reason. If you are interested in fragrances and an even minimal weakness for nose sweet stuff comes to it, there is really no way around a test.

The exorbitantly high ratings in the durability and limited also in the projection I consider a mass suggestion, which is rooted in the consideration: If I've already spent so much on it, must be the but strong. In the quantitative notes I classify CB decidedly not as a high performer.

HISTORICS

Who hasn't heard scent reports of the sort, "This scent reminds me EXACTLY of the smell of the tennis balls my cousin used to rhubarb on our summer vacations together at a small guesthouse in Crete from 2007-2013." This is actually a brilliant way of telling a story, but since Proust is already dead, the madeleines have long since all turned to mush in the tea, and it is above all things an ironclad rule that scent reminds NOBODY other than the author of the comment of the tennis-playing cousin in Crete, I try to avoid this literary figure in my comments as much as possible.

In this case, however, while claiming emergency permission, I must mention that one reason I could never wear Cuir Beluga is that the scent brings back to my nose EXACTLY the (objectively) best cheesecake in the world, the one my maternal grandmother (at least one reader knows her four first names) used to bake for my birthdays.
As practical compensation for having to endure this useless information, there is the recipe attached. It should be noted that when I bake it again, I always have the problem that the cheesecake mixture decompensates during the baking process, so that the cake is American-Cheesecake-like in the middle, anyway, which it is not supposed to be. I can no longer ask the departed ancestor what I'm doing wrong. Hints are therefore gratefully received.

APPENDISTICS

1 packet cheesecake aid
plenty of sultanas
a little milk
fold in.

Line the bottom and sides of a greased springform pan with the batter, pour in the curd mixture.
On top as a glaze, spread 1 egg yolk, whisked with a little milk.
Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour. Use the knitting needle test.
L'élégance de la bouteille
Guerlain has managed to preserve pure elegance in a liquid.
He goes with the skin a beautiful soft connection that lasts a long time. If you wear Cuir coating, you smell rich and noble.

The aldehydes in the top note rose directly to my nose, they gave the fragrance the necessary portion of power and expressiveness right from the start. This slightly alcoholic note is not at all disturbing - no - it rather ensures that the curiosity is aroused. The curiosity about how the fragrance will develop.

After the top note gradually died down, I recognized the oriental touch that was added to the fragrance. I couldn't stop sniffing my heavily patchouli scented wrist. Simply gorgeous.

The base is quite recognizable right from the start, at least the vanilla and leather (I don't really have any idea what suede smells like) I could make out. They trump thereby however never, but go a symbiosis with the other notes in the head and in the heart.

For me, this fragrance is a true masterpiece, a fragrance of which I will very likely never have enough.
I will wear it on special occasions and for myself, simply because I find it too elegant and too special as an everyday fragrance. I do not want that unspectacular hours destroy the extravagance of Cuir Beluga.
My cuddly scent
I love him. It's just a perfect vanilla. Not too cheesy, not too sticky, not too sweet. Noble, warm, dark. I guess this, is the suede vanilla that captivates me so insanely. Cuir beluga I only have as a sample, but I know it will move into fullsize with me. As soon as I wear it I feel embraced, safe and secure. It's not too overbearing and yet it's there. I had cuir beluga and tonka imperial sent to me as trial samples - made the mistake of smelling tonka imperial first. After that I was really disappointed by cuir beluga, because I didn't really perceive it. My friend was also allowed to smell both ... first cuir beluga and immediately said (as an absolute perfume muffle) "that's the one". I shook my head and honestly have to admit, he was right! after a short phase of ignorance, I took out cuir beluga again... and I love it. - I can only say it over and over again! The most beautiful suede vanilla that exists for me personally!

JamPetrarkaJamPetrarka 2 months ago
The best vanilla fragrance, period. Seductive, smooth, a little dusty. Another masterpiece from Olivier Polge.
BielwenassBielwenass 4 months ago
Smooth and calm vanilla fragrance. No cuir here.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
In the opening, the freshness of aldehydes and mandarin followed by a sweet, dry immortelle with amber. Heliotrope and vanilla in the base.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
The most wonderful suede, alluring flower and vanilla sweetness, the smoothest amber, and a terrible price. I only have a decant so far :-(
K84K84 2 years ago
Silky milky almondy suede with prominent Guerlinade. I really like its softness and tenderness.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Smooth vanilla and velvety suede. Sweet and elegant like expensive edible lipstick.

CB-Abusus... ;)
by EveMist
by IrisNobile
Für Fresh: Echt schräg! Der Babyelefant-die neue Maßeinheit ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCXqljbCw-s
by LaVioletta
by Einfachich
by Einfachich
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld
Wer findet den Baumgeist?
by Rotapanta
by Hatka
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain