Cuir Intense 2019

Cuir Intense by Guerlain
Cuir Intense is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is leathery-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesOsmanthus, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar, Sandalwood, Tobacco

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 29.05.2021.

5.5
Leather without frills
I'll start with the opening, it begins with a brown leather which has an oily touch without much frills or components as in La Yuqawam or Godolphin etc so full on the 12. It is a very pure leather which bischen reminds of a horse saddle and not a leather jacket. In the course of the fragrance goes bischen the hardcore smell away and the image seems more harmonious but right straight to the end. I find the perfume absolutely masculine with a full assi bad boy vibe which already goes in a macho direction. It is definitely a fragrance that is only suitable for cold days. So a pure leather I have never smelled as a leather lover! The perfume is not bad but disturbs me personally the somewhat oily certain something ... The performance is quite good with +10 hrs and a perceptible but not monster sillage. And finally, with the perfume you do not make many friends ;))

Stinky horse saddle
No! I really like my leather in fragrances but this one is really bad! It reminds me of a old horse and a filthy barnyard. The opening is just too animalic for my nose. Very dry, earthy and salty leather with a touch of floral notes. Drydown is OK, but still not for me!
I still prefer Tuscan Leather.
On to the next.
5/10
Boenne1987
Smells like an old oily machine
I stood in the perfumery about 6 months ago and looked around. I was looking for something fancy, nothing that the general public would wear. Then I came across this little scent and found it somehow great. So not long thought and bought. When I got home I presented it to my girlfriend, who had a funny face. Well, I wore it two or three times and never really felt comfortable. I had the feeling I was disturbing the people around me with this scent. It smells to my nose like an old oily machine. I always have to think about it when I smell it. Since then I don't use it anymore and I only want to sell it. Too bad...
The durability is extremely good, which is still present the next day
Chizza
My new impregnation spray for leather shoes
Once again it was time for a new pair of shoes for work. After a colleague once taught me 30 minutes about Budapest, derby and last but not least welted shoes in a meeting years ago, I took two points with me: firstly, that the colleague does not use meetings for work and secondly, that good leather shoes are really something. So I bought a new pair of leather shoes which had to be welted and cognac-coloured. I like that and it also goes well with my suits So I went in and as a creature of habit/person who knows what she wants, I was done with buying shoes in a short time. We talked a little bit and the nice saleswoman asked me what kind of care spray I used for the shoes. As a faithful and stupid customer of the house of course yours, as I had to realize inwardly indignant and amused. However, it actually occurred to me that I wanted to purchase an impregnating spray for new leather shoes. "Sorry, I can't offer you anything today. But in the nearby shopping mall there is also one of our shops and they surely still have supplies."

No sooner said than done. I had time and I cared. So I strolled to the said mall and went inside, looking for the store parallel to typing on my mobile phone. Of course I found it, multitasking and all. I went inside, wondering if there was anything wrong with the large selection of sprays and the mixed audience (normally I only meet gentlemen at this shoe store) and was glad when a diligent employee wanted to help me out directly. I gladly delegated this to you. Thinking of the scenery, I must have mumbled something with leather and dedicated myself to the important football ticker. Little by little she sprayed me with these waterproofing sprays and I coughed a little. In a rage I shouted something, whether I looked like a shoe and was about to allow myself a few witty comments about this raspberry impregnation spray, when I paused. "Yes, that's what I'll have. It has this artificial leather chmie touch, a bit unpleasantly sweet and after a while certainly unpleasantly penetrating and annoying. But still somehow leather. I'll take that! "

The good lady looked at me with a raised eyebrow, but then escorted me to the cash desk. The impregnation spray was packed nicely like a present. Oh, what a service I thought of myself and pulled out the card to pay. When I saw the price, I was a bit startled, which of course I never let myself notice. "Excuse me, but what kind of brand is this spray?", I asked. "This is Cuir Intense from Guerlain, but you tested it?" she asked confused. "Yes... sure... With signature?"
And so I bought the most expensive waterproofing spray for leather shoes of my life. I wouldn't do that again. Not because of the price, but because normal waterproofing spray causes less headaches and generally leather does not drown in sweet accessories, which does not smell so great anymore when it sticks to a shoe for several hours. You never stop learning
If you like leather...
When I first came in contact with Cuir Intense, the first impression was "Wow, what a massive leather smell". I still stand by this today, especially when I compare it to the warmer and sweeter scents. There are a lot of them and they are also good, but not so crisp and leathery.

But if you compare Cuir Intense with Black Afghan (not Black Afgano), this is already relativized. Afterwards I have to humbly state that it can be even more brutal and uncompromising. BA, however, fades very quickly, whereas Cuir lasts extremely long. Also the Sillage is also much better.

Cuir Intense is absolutely not a TL, Godolphin or or or or... but sometimes leather is not so much adulterated and not for sissies. The start is fresh, spicy, leathery, then it gets a little softer, light sweetness comes through, but leather remains dominant until the end.

Regarding the leather dominance, especially until the end, I would even venture a comparison with Collezione Privata - Cuoio. We are talking about completely different types of leather, but leather stays until the bitter end.

For me, Cuir Intense is the clearest, most authentic leather scent that also delivers lasting leather where leather is written on it. It does not drift so much into the sweetness, where unfortunately often with other fragrances the leather gets lost. Despite its "Boom" leather note, Cuir Intens is very suitable for everyday use.

Absolu d'hardcore
After I had searched in vain for my beloved sandalwood in Santal Royal, I had become careful as far as the naming of the Absolus d' Orient is concerned. Should Cuir Intense now be the leather saddle in the bottle? The heaviest puzzle cup or even the luxury couch from Nappa?
Nope.
Instead, he welcomed me with a brachial-rammsteinesker tarry leather note, and I thought, "Yes, take me, o my knight in black leather!" But Blacky had other plans. He turned visibly into one of his brothers from the Absolu d' Orient series, slightly overshadowed by this still tarry leather note. However, the relationship to imho Encens cannot be denied. Blacky's a liquorice fan too, like me. At times I think I can smell it, then it's just a woody spicy note, oriental sweet.
Overall, Cuir Intense is the most male of all AdOs so far, and also the one who deviates least from the topic.
And sexy.

Flaviu12Flaviu12 10 months ago
The best Leather fragrance in the game, period! Outstanding blending, notes, feeling, everything!
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Do you like heavy metal classics? - Yes, I am. And Cuir Intense too.
K84K84 2 years ago
Raw potent real leather

by Felix90
by Slickadam
by Slickadam
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain