Cuir Intense (2019)

Cuir Intense by Guerlain

Cuir Intense is a new perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is leathery-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesOsmanthus, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar, Sandalwood, Tobacco

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 23.07.2020.

Chizza
My new impregnation spray for leather shoes
Once again it was time for a new pair of shoes for work. After a colleague once taught me 30 minutes about Budapest, derby and last but not least welted shoes in a meeting years ago, I took two points with me: firstly, that the colleague does not use meetings for work and secondly, that good leather shoes are really something. So I bought a new pair of leather shoes which had to be welted and cognac-coloured. I like that and it also goes well with my suits So I went in and as a creature of habit/person who knows what she wants, I was done with buying shoes in a short time. We talked a little bit and the nice saleswoman asked me what kind of care spray I used for the shoes. As a faithful and stupid customer of the house of course yours, as I had to realize inwardly indignant and amused. However, it actually occurred to me that I wanted to purchase an impregnating spray for new leather shoes. "Sorry, I can't offer you anything today. But in the nearby shopping mall there is also one of our shops and they surely still have supplies."

No sooner said than done. I had time and I cared. So I strolled to the said mall and went inside, looking for the store parallel to typing on my mobile phone. Of course I found it, multitasking and all. I went inside, wondering if there was anything wrong with the large selection of sprays and the mixed audience (normally I only meet gentlemen at this shoe store) and was glad when a diligent employee wanted to help me out directly. I gladly delegated this to you. Thinking of the scenery, I must have mumbled something with leather and dedicated myself to the important football ticker. Little by little she sprayed me with these waterproofing sprays and I coughed a little. In a rage I shouted something, whether I looked like a shoe and was about to allow myself a few witty comments about this raspberry impregnation spray, when I paused. "Yes, that's what I'll have. It has this artificial leather chmie touch, a bit unpleasantly sweet and after a while certainly unpleasantly penetrating and annoying. But still somehow leather. I'll take that! "

The good lady looked at me with a raised eyebrow, but then escorted me to the cash desk. The impregnation spray was packed nicely like a present. Oh, what a service I thought of myself and pulled out the card to pay. When I saw the price, I was a bit startled, which of course I never let myself notice. "Excuse me, but what kind of brand is this spray?", I asked. "This is Cuir Intense from Guerlain, but you tested it?" she asked confused. "Yes... sure... With signature?"
And so I bought the most expensive waterproofing spray for leather shoes of my life. I wouldn't do that again. Not because of the price, but because normal waterproofing spray causes less headaches and generally leather does not drown in sweet accessories, which does not smell so great anymore when it sticks to a shoe for several hours. You never stop learning
If you like leather...
When I first came in contact with Cuir Intense, the first impression was "Wow, what a massive leather smell". I still stand by this today, especially when I compare it to the warmer and sweeter scents. There are a lot of them and they are also good, but not so crisp and leathery.

But if you compare Cuir Intense with Black Afghan (not Black Afgano), this is already relativized. Afterwards I have to humbly state that it can be even more brutal and uncompromising. BA, however, fades very quickly, whereas Cuir lasts extremely long. Also the Sillage is also much better.

Cuir Intense is absolutely not a TL, Godolphin or or or or... but sometimes leather is not so much adulterated and not for sissies. The start is fresh, spicy, leathery, then it gets a little softer, light sweetness comes through, but leather remains dominant until the end.

Regarding the leather dominance, especially until the end, I would even venture a comparison with Collezione Privata - Cuoio. We are talking about completely different types of leather, but leather stays until the bitter end.

For me, Cuir Intense is the clearest, most authentic leather scent that also delivers lasting leather where leather is written on it. It does not drift so much into the sweetness, where unfortunately often with other fragrances the leather gets lost. Despite its "Boom" leather note, Cuir Intens is very suitable for everyday use.

Absolu d'hardcore
After I had searched in vain for my beloved sandalwood in Santal Royal, I had become careful as far as the naming of the Absolus d' Orient is concerned. Should Cuir Intense now be the leather saddle in the bottle? The heaviest puzzle cup or even the luxury couch from Nappa?
Nope.
Instead, he welcomed me with a brachial-rammsteinesker tarry leather note, and I thought, "Yes, take me, o my knight in black leather!" But Blacky had other plans. He turned visibly into one of his brothers from the Absolu d' Orient series, slightly overshadowed by this still tarry leather note. However, the relationship to imho Encens cannot be denied. Blacky's a liquorice fan too, like me. At times I think I can smell it, then it's just a woody spicy note, oriental sweet.
Overall, Cuir Intense is the most male of all AdOs so far, and also the one who deviates least from the topic.
And sexy.

KimJongKimJong 7 months ago
Do you like heavy metal classics? - Yes, I am. And Cuir Intense too.
K84K84 9 months ago

by Chanelle
by OvidiuH
by OvidiuH

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain