Eau de Cashmere 2014

Eau de Cashmere by Guerlain
Eau de Cashmere is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-floral. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesIrisIris
LavenderLavender
Base Notes Base NotesCedarCedar
VetiverVetiver
MuskMusk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 11.01.2022.

The fragrance was created for perfuming sweaters.

Ajfe
With umbrella, trench coat and boots
Eau de cashmere, how do I describe you? Well, first of all I find the colour of the perfume quite appropriate.
This golden brown, beige Very calm, warm earthy colours Yes, that's how I feel this fragrance: calm, comforting, warm and natural.
From the fragrance pyramid the base is in the foreground, a little bit tart and woody by the cedar.
A little freshness brings bergamot Lavender also enters in the course of the fragrance.
Together they make a 'vintage' fragrance - for my nose
From the season, the fragrance falls for me quite clearly into autumn.
Woody, warm, muted - nothing exciting but cosy :)

Fabric Softener
"Mr. Guerlain, what a stroke of genius! A scent that makes laundry smell worse than before, that's a completely new and rather brave invention!"
Like this, a fan of of Eau de Cashmere could praise the fragrance if he was limited to know only its first 30 seconds of the head note. What appears here after powdery-sweet seconds is a green, frowsty scent with a an acidity that doesn't belong to any clothes, in particular not to make them appear soft and cozy. As an impatient perfume tester, I was close to putting this sample mentally and physically into the No-go-list (and box respectively) when the notes suddenly vanished, only noticeable close to the the skin. Interesting - a clothing scent that you can barely make out?
But then, the base appears, constant and persistent after minute three: Snuggly warm, soft clean, beautiful. This wasn't just a fragrance made for sweaters, but left me comfortable within my own skin! Not exactly what people casually call a pantydropper, even the sweater you'd have to take off yourself, but it would certainly get you a "darling, I kept the sweater, it smelled so nicely of you" text message. No gourmand territory, yet delicious.

Well, and then I messed up: Fascinated by the metamorphosis in the beginning with its surprising scent gap, I overdosed the cashmere water. After 15+ hours it still grins at me arduously, defying multiple washings with the tenacity of a pink synthetic fabric softener and a sillage that reminds me over days of my dosage mistake. For a fair review's sake, I - unwillingly - applied a small amount again to remind me of the initial, positive impression. But it's undoable, this door has been closed, the scent is dead for me. Of the original 8 points I downgrade to 5, wishing for a 1 that wouldn't do Guerlain justice, rather my own stupidity.

I can't remember the last time I used a fabric softener, but after this experience, I think I'll refrain from using one in the future. Ever.

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by DemonHead
by DemonHead
by Sushihexe
by Sushihexe
by Florblanca
Ganz lieb zu Cashmere und anderen Kuschelsachen :) und mit 95° C waschen...
by TomLavender
by Artlouthe
by Saemm
by Saemm

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain