Eau de Cashmere (2014)

Eau de Cashmere by Guerlain

Eau de Cashmere is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 13.06.2020.

The fragrance was created for perfuming sweaters.

Fabric Softener
"Mr. Guerlain, what a stroke of genius! A scent that makes laundry smell worse than before, that's a completely new and rather brave invention!"
Like this, a fan of of Eau de Cashmere could praise the fragrance if he was limited to know only its first 30 seconds of the head note. What appears here after powdery-sweet seconds is a green, frowsty scent with a an acidity that doesn't belong to any clothes, in particular not to make them appear soft and cozy. As an impatient perfume tester, I was close to putting this sample mentally and physically into the No-go-list (and box respectively) when the notes suddenly vanished, only noticeable close to the the skin. Interesting - a clothing scent that you can barely make out?
But then, the base appears, constant and persistent after minute three: Snuggly warm, soft clean, beautiful. This wasn't just a fragrance made for sweaters, but left me comfortable within my own skin! Not exactly what people casually call a pantydropper, even the sweater you'd have to take off yourself, but it would certainly get you a "darling, I kept the sweater, it smelled so nicely of you" text message. No gourmand territory, yet delicious.

Well, and then I messed up: Fascinated by the metamorphosis in the beginning with its surprising scent gap, I overdosed the cashmere water. After 15+ hours it still grins at me arduously, defying multiple washings with the tenacity of a pink synthetic fabric softener and a sillage that reminds me over days of my dosage mistake. For a fair review's sake, I - unwillingly - applied a small amount again to remind me of the initial, positive impression. But it's undoable, this door has been closed, the scent is dead for me. Of the original 8 points I downgrade to 5, wishing for a 1 that wouldn't do Guerlain justice, rather my own stupidity.

I can't remember the last time I used a fabric softener, but after this experience, I think I'll refrain from using one in the future. Ever.

LexaLexa 3 years ago
Eau de Cashmere is created for layering with L'art et La Matiere line,also works with every other Guerlain.Makes them stronger! Try it!

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by DemonHead
by DemonHead
by Florblanca
Ganz lieb zu Cashmere und anderen Kuschelsachen :) und mit 95° C waschen...
by TomLavender
by Delidazo87
by Delidazo87
by Artlouthe
by Artlouthe
by Saemm
by Saemm

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain