Embruns d'Ylang 2019

Embruns d'Ylang by Guerlain
7.7 / 10 165 Ratings
Embruns d'Ylang is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes Salty notesSalty notes BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart Notes Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac CloveClove
Base Notes Base Notes PatchouliPatchouli IrisIris VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Juli11, last update on 27.10.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 55
Midlife crisis and noodle eating
A few years ago, with a midlife crisis looming, I introduced the 'noodle dinner' to my circle of friends. Always on the 19th of a month* - so no matter on which day of the week it falls - I have noodles with sauce, for all friends who have time and desire. After a certain age it is hardly possible to meet friends spontaneously. One must already make an appointment, because children, job, back gymnastics (!), old parents, whatever, prevent us from the uncomplicated coming together.
Where I come from, the back doors of the houses are always open when someone is home. You just barge in as a visitor, sit on the kitchen bench, possibly help fold the laundry, and have fellowship without having entered the date into your cell phone beforehand, uncomplicated.
The 'pasta dinner' in question is my adaptation of the open door. I'm not a gifted cook, but 'a tasty pasta sauce is no problem and
in large quantities. Fresh pasta from the fridge is ready in 5 minutes, so it doesn't matter if 5 or 20 people show up. In the circle of friends, the date has been established, who can come, and is welcome to bring another guest. It's a great opportunity to meet old and new people, stress-free and relaxed, without fuss. A bit like in the old days. No matter how big the round is, a loud bustle and clatter when arriving and eating, is followed by a lush, languid, wine-soaked relaxation in the circle of nice people, in the middle of the paced everyday life, beautiful!

So, how does she get the hang of eating noodles now to 'Embrunsd d'Ylang' by Guerlain....
Thierry Wasser has tried with this fragrance creation to dust off Ylang-Ylang (back gymnastics) He wanted to give the 'Retro-Chanel5- Ylang' a new context, in this case with a salty note, l'embruns means splashing water from the sea.
Right at the beginning, Ylang stands radiantly in the room, has loud flower friends with it, and if it went on like this, the party could tip over, but it doesn't. Bar any affectation, Ylang, carnations and jasmine turn out to be pleasant, considerate guests, who enrich the evening with their presence and fit perfectly into the group.
You can see what T. Wasser was going for, because even though I personally can't smell the salt, it seems to tame and brighten up the floral troupe. Who would have thought I'd ever say that about a ylang-ylang scent - but this one really delivers. For me, the best part of pasta night...er, fragrance night, is when people are chatting away the evening with a wine in hand, content, sated, with their trouser button loosened. And that's exactly how 'L'embruns d'Ylang' is towards the end- with the help of patchouli and vanilla- warm, lush, complex, quite wonderfully unpretentious and uncomplicated.

I thank Turandot, without whom I probably wouldn't have given it a chance....
*Date changed by the editor :-)
Top Review 67
Dream-me-away-fragrance
The most beautiful dreams are dreamed with open eyes!
-Unknown-

Embruns d'Ylang has surprised me very positively ... the scent creates such a wonderful tropical feeling ... and that without coconut * amazement*
I dream myself away to tropical picture book beaches ... those from advertising - photos - films.
A journey there was not yet granted to me ... but never say never!
However one should like Ylang-Ylang already otherwise wird´s nothing to do with dreaming ;)

To the fragrance:
The new Guerlain starts with a very dominant but beautiful Ylang-Ylang-note.
Bergamot totally gets under my skin but doesn't bother me.
Soon mineral tones are added, not metallic and also not salty but rather sandy-dry I feel them.
The clove can remain stolen from me here, luckily I don't smell it here and I can't imagine that it would fit. But it's only my personal opinion!
But now there is a somewhat waxy jasmine note, which never disturbs but simply completes the floral impression of the fragrance.
At the latest when the iris powder pollinates everything and Guerlain's most beautiful vanilla is combined with patchouli to create such a harmonious vanilla cream, you have fallen for this fragrance!
The base is simply beautiful to dream away :)
A fragrance for the whole year (couldn't start a 30 degree test because of summer strike, but I can imagine that the mineral tones will be even better!)
The shelf life is 8 hours plus. A fine scenttaura surrounds me the first hours before Embruns d'Ylang becomes very close.
I feel the scent rather made for us women ... but brave men are allowed to test :)
The bottles in this Exclusif series are beautiful and of high quality and fortunately now available with normal atomizers.
But I decided for the filling station and the 20 ml travel bottle with these great leather sleeves. Doesn't always have to be a large bottle and they are also very pretty to look at, space-saving and practical :)

Conclusion:
Ylang meets iris powder & mineral tones!
The most beautiful vanilla cream rounds off the whole thing! *Dream-me-away-fragrance*

Shush Test recommendation for all who love Ylang-Ylang :)

Thank you very much to the lovely Parfuma, who got me the fragrance because Sweetie couldn't wait until the next Oberpollinger visit!

Top Review 30
Dreamlike exotic with neo guerlinade
I was undecided when I heard about a new interpretation of Ylang by Thierry Wasser: "Should I hope to meet a flowering firecracker à la Mahora/Mayotte again? Or a (overpriced) new edition of the best of all Aqua Allegorias - Ylang-Vanilla? Or will it be completely different than expected, as has been the case with the members of the Art et Matiere series on several occasions?
Both, the answer is.
Embruns d'Ylang is all that, and much more: It has a cooling powderiness like in Quand vient la pluie, but at the same time it also has borrowings from 190 Ans (almond honey/orange blossom) - both symptomatic for the newer representatives of the Art et Matiere line, Mon Precieux Nectar and also in other Guerlain fragrances of recent years to be found again and again.
But also memories of Mahora and AAVY are kept alive, by a sea-fresh and bulky, but nevertheless flower-creamy ylang-presence.
The fragrance was supposed to be a one shot, the TW said it could not guarantee that it could maintain this quality. And as with Parure it would then be: "If the scent is no longer feasible, then it no longer exists."
That would be tragic, because he's wonderful. Finely balanced, light, but nevertheless long lasting.

1 short view on the fragrance
Ka3nKa3n 1 year ago
Finally reunited with this gorgeous baby after such a long time apart. I'm going through ylang phase big time. One of my favorites out there

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Béluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Tonka by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain