Guerlain Homme 2009 Eau de Parfum

Guerlain Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Pininfarina
Guerlain Homme (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2009. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Peppermint, Rum
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notes
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cedar, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.04.2021.

The previous addition "Intense" is omitted since 2016, following the alteration of the bottle.

Guerlain Homme - The Art of not taking risks
Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum was originally released as an Intense version of Eau de Toilette back in 2009. Thierry Wasser(with help from Sylvaine Delacourte) has done both the original and the reformulation in 2016. while keeping the original intact as possible.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- One of the best fresh scent openings
- A woody aromatic perfume with moderate longevity
- Created by perfumers Thierry Wasser and Sylvaine Delacourte in 2016
- Best used during warmer weather on a night out and leisure occasions
- Doesn’t live up to its fantastic opening

Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum is a fragrance that’s easy to love and one of those that are easy to recommend. Guerlain is Guerlain, and Guerlain doesn’t make bad perfumes.

If you are interested in my perfume work and would like to check out the full review, you can find me on my scentgrail website and social media's under the Scent Grail name. Cheers.

Genglement in green
Peering into the shelves of the perfumeries, the homme line of guerlain I have always ignored, always being at the bottom. I first read guerlain homme edt, a beautiful fresh linear, that tastes like mint, lime with a vetiver and patchouli base, beautiful and interesting, but something is missing besides the longevity. I then discover that there is an intense version and I immediately think of an exclusively more long-lived and persistent version but it is not so, the addition of flowers, rhubarb, rum I have totally changed, it has completed to make it become a rounder perfume, he perfected and enriched it. If I think of a classy man in a suit and tie, I imagine him with this perfume, of immense class.
Opens a lot of lime green mint and crispy rabbarbaro, sweet heart with a hint of rum slightly talcum flowers and very classic bottom a nice dry vetiver, almost generic opening but don't be fooled. All the smells and nuances you can imagine with the highest quality you know, it's a perfume for connoisseurs, the most distracted noses can consider it as a simple cool but it's not like that. The real experts will know how to catch the nuances. The green, the sweet, the herbaceous, the flowery makes it a fresh and elegant, never banal and attractive fragrance for classy men. Very versatile but not suitable for kids.
I recommend you take the old versions, the new one has all the notes flattened. Although being edp, it doesn't behave like such, but it knows how to defend.

Rating: 9

Homme edp review
I don't have much luck with mint in fragrances, but this was recommended to me as an excellent, fresh modern Guerlain with a mojito accord. I probably should try one to know if it's close, but here is my review, and thank you for watching

INDIGOSPHINX
That good ol' oak barrel
I blind bought this since it's a Guerlain and it's a modern classic. Have to say, I am very pleased with the scent.
I watched a lot of reviews saying that it has a boozy vibe. I have never smelled rum so I don't know how true that is. I only know what whisky and brandy smells like and this smells like neither.
What I do get is

in the opening: a very bright and uplifting lime, sort of generic since a lot of popular fragrance has citrus opening but its not bad. It smells delicious and very refreshing.
Soon it dries down to this LOVELY LOVELY woody smell. It might be what rum smells like but to describe it..
It smells like a vintage oak barrel used to store some sort of strong spirit, it is not sweet per se but it's not bitter either. The texture of the smell is slightly grainy but smooth.

I really love this one. However, I do prefer Vetiver much more, I just wish Vetiver lasts as long as this one.

Hope you get this one, it's hard for me to see anyone who would dislike this.
Volker1964
Athletic gentleman takes bouquet of flowers to his...
I first had this EdP as a tester and I liked it very much. Then I ordered 100ml EdP.
Top note
"Green" and fresh. Peppermint comes through pleasantly. Not too strong. Favored.
Heart note
A beautiful, versatile and balanced bouquet is clearly present. It's elegant. Partly fresh and partly "velvety" flowers. I like it a lot Base
Now it's getting spicy and woody. Not too much, not too little. The precious wood, patchouli and vetiver very skilfully round off this fragrance. Very beautiful and very pleasantly composed fragrance.
Conclusion
I also like this scent very much. My fourth Guerlain fragrance. I like all four of them. What's different about this one to the other three? It is not "only" noble, elegant and very high quality, "green" notes are added very skilfully.
I wear it all year round. In his spare time and also sometimes to work. An all-rounder. A mMn very great fragrance, especially in a positive sense. I like him very much It lasts about 6-8 hours with me
Spicy-fresh Everyday EDP with cocktail attitude
"Guerlain Homme" is a fresh, spicy everyday fragrance that largely fulfils what the ingredients promise. The durability is very good, as befits an EDP. We feel the tangy lime, paired with the ethereal aroma of mint and the sweetness of rum. I can't analyze the flowery notes exactly, but one way or the other, the heart note seems to have little effect
Clearly perceptible from the beginning is the smoky-balsamic vetiver, which (as described in my blog) is one of my absolute favorite ingredients. Including the more than solid brand Guerlain (which despite its reputation is not one of the most expensive) and a well-known perfumer ... What do you want more?

Good question to myself! ;-) I like the scent and it will stay in my collection. But he has nothing extravagant about him and therefore has no exorbitant personality for me. Clearly Guerlain made his way to the mainstream about a decade ago and wants to please a younger target group ... at least without drifting into the sugar-sweet corner, as is the case for example with the current and thus trend-oriented "L'Homme Idéal" series (I can't do anything with that).

No, I'm not letting anything get on that scent ... i keep telling myself. He smells good, even after hours. If one had renounced perhaps without the rum, however, perhaps this cocktail-like note would not adjust itself! You know what it's like when you order a drink in a well-stocked bar and keep your nose clean before your first sip! :-)

Maybe I am a little too critical: The name Guerlain and lime, mint, vetiver and cedar. That should have been exactly MY scent, if not necessary! ;-) But he can't quite keep up with my favorites and somehow I suspect that others here feel the same way. A little more courage would make "Guerlain Homme" look good on the face, although he can also quickly take a direction that I don't like at all.

For the saying "neither fish nor meat" I consider this EDP to be too good, because the quality is just as good. Nevertheless, it might just make it into my personal Top-10. It's not bad, is it?! ;-)
What a positive surprise
I came across this fragrance as part of a blind exchange. I don't mean to say I've experienced a lot of blind swapping failures, but... ok, yes. Yes, I've "worsened" a lot in blind trading. But in this case I have landed a real stroke of luck, thanks again to Goldie for this great deal.

But the fragrance composition on the paper now has nothing that would have let me guess what a splendid specimen this Guerlain Homme is. On the contrary. Only the heart note with its floral notes, bäääh. But first of all it comes differently and secondly than you think. GH is the epitome of men's fragrance in my nose. It's not intrusive, it's not too strong, it's horny (sorry, for this emotional expression ????).

At the beginning I smell pencil graphite here somehow (which would speak for an office smell), this graphite smell is carried on a fresh wave peppermint and citrus fruit. The rum adds a little bit of sweetness, without making the whole work seem kitschy. The whole thing is quite unobtrusive, but nevertheless very perceptible for the wearer. Fortunately, I can't smell the flowery notes, maybe they just complement the above, without really being perceived as a protagonist. The woodiness of the base note gives me a rather long shelf life, so that with four sprayers for a whole working day I get a little whiff in my nose every now and then, which makes me very cheerful again and again.

GH is not a fragrance that stands out from the crowd. He's not sneezy or avant-garde. But GH is not boring either. Rather business-like, noble and mature. I don't mean to say you can't wear it until you're 35+. No, he gives you a grown-up vibe. However, he is not fatherly or opiate, but simply serious. Sure, it's good to wear in your spare time. For my taste he also wears well on sweatpants,....uh jeans and polo shirt (collar please do not fold up). Seasonally I don't pronounce No Go here, because it will certainly not lose its effect even in winter.
For me, the all-round discovery and my first Guerlain. I will then sniff my way through the assortment again and report about it if necessary.

So far, so good and thanks for reading.
Casual, Caribbean-inspired understatement vetiver
Is it because of my changed taste style of the last two years or because of a possible revision of the fragrance in the context of the bottle conversion?
Recently I took the train back home, had been to a great wine fair in Hamburg (Chianti Classico) before and wasted my time with Douglas at the station. Since I now largely refrain from testing mainstream innovations at all and prefer to subject already rated midfield fragrances (between 5.0 and 7.0) to new checks, I stumbled across "Guerlain Homme".

And what can I say? The return trip became olfactory contrary to expectations quite interesting - in fact I liked it considerably better than in my comment from 2014, where I dismissed it as something unimaginative, sweet-grassy-minty water.

But, he is already a pleasant one, who rather shows a quite clearly bordered character refinement with the second sniffing. Quasi a casual, Caribbean-influenced vetiver scent that fits well into spring.
Meanwhile, I'm not so much for vetiver anymore, often too green, too heavy, too grassy, too earthy, simply exhausting - but here Guerlain in combination with the mint, the lime and a micro hint of rum is an extremely pretty, lively citrus green perfume, subtly underlaid with grassy and liquorice aromas.

Good perseverance, office suitable Sillage, nice buoyancy
SchatzSucher
Minty spring freshness, timelessly beautiful
It's spring now and I have mothballed the strong, spicy Krawumms scents and brought out the lighter newborns again.
I like to make sure that fragrances fit the season a bit. And with the summery temperatures of the last days a Tom Ford Noir or Opium pour Homme would have been too much of a good thing for me.
Spring is one of my favourite seasons, the long darkness of winter is over, the temperatures have risen to a very pleasant level for me and the oppressive heat of high summer is still a long way off.
So Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum is a very fitting fragrance. Since 2016 the fragrance is in my possession and I like to wear it again and again.
It was designed by Thierry Wasser, house perfumer at Guerlain since 2008 If you look around a little bit at Parfumo here, Mr. Water polarizes quite a bit. So he seems to be mainly subscribed to quite sweet fragrances, which is often criticized.
But sweet scents obviously correspond to the taste of the time and sell accordingly well.
And as long as the demand for this fragrance is strong, they will continue to be offered.
However, Mr. Water has a lot more to offer than sweet scents. Among other things, he was also jointly responsible for such well-known and popular fragrances as CK One or some fragrances for Jil Sander and last but not least the great and unusual fragrance Dali pour Homme.

But the pressure from the LVMH group also seems to be immense, considering the abundance of Shalimar offshoots, La Petite Robe Noires or Aqua Allegorias.
These are all things that should be taken into consideration when judging a fragrance.
I can imagine that a Mr. Water would certainly create more outstanding fragrances with absolute freedom and without budget restrictions.

Guerlain Homme EdP is one of the scents that I find less sweet, and a somewhat unusual fragrance, in which green-fresh elements have been combined with floral and woody elements. And that is very successful for my taste.

The prelude is initially very strong with a good shot of mint, I can also see lime very clearly. An alcoholic note is also present, but it cannot necessarily be identified as rum. Associations with Mojito have been described several times, this may be possible Very quickly floral aspects become apparent, these are not described in detail. But I guess that jasmine, maybe also lily of the valley, rose geranium and other white flowers were used. But these are closely linked together and no single flower note stands out particularly.
Something green-grassy still joins in after a while, the guerlain vetiver has its appearance, a little cedar wood and patchouli round off the fragrance and give it some depth.

The whole thing doesn't develop a particularly distinctive sweetness, but remains rather tart and fresh and altogether quite cool due to all the mint. At the same time the fragrance has a consistently friendly and pleasant aura.
The scent is not loud and obtrusive and retreats after about 2 hours quite close. Altogether the scent lasts 6-7 hours with me, on clothes even longer. The weak durability, which has been criticized a few times here, I cannot notice in me. For a whole working day it is still not quite enough, but I take the bottle with me to the shop and spray after Possible applications are very diverse, whether in the office, in your free time, when going out, you are by no means wrongly advised with Guerlain Homme EdP.
Because of the cooler appearance I see the fragrance more in spring and in the not yet warm summer, because at up to 23 degrees the fragrance develops most beautifully, as I find.
The flacon is the typical Guerlain men's fragrance flacon that has been universally used for a few years now. Functional and a little boring.

All in all, Guerlain Homme EdP is not particularly exciting, nor does it really reinvent the fragrance wheel. But that's what he can do and offers, he does very well. And even if the fragrance can be assigned to the mainstream segment, it stands out very pleasantly from the wide range of other modern fresh waters, which may all be a little arbitrary and interchangeable, because here you have dared to do something a little daring and have moved away from the often criticized shower gel synthetics. I acknowledge that and there is something timeless about it. I can imagine that Guerlain Homme EdP could still fit in very well in 10 years.

I must also mention that I also own the previous version with the addition Intense and that the versions differ a bit in terms of durability and appearance. The earlier version is still a good hour longer durable and more present and appears from the fragrances a little bit more powerful.
It's a pity that you have to tinker with the contents at the same time as the packaging is being repackaged.
But that's what we encounter again and again in our daily shopping, "new improved recipe", different packaging and, best of all, even less content and at a higher price. But let's not... This has been discussed often enough This is about an extremely pleasant scent, which I like as it is :-)

DerDefcon
What does "modern" actually mean?
Today I tested the fragrance and at the same time I rummaged around a little here on Parfumo. I am or was looking for a summer fragrance that is a little lighter and more flexible than Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum. The scents of Guerlain represent an alternative that can be found somewhere between niche and mainstream, but fortunately is worn only by very few people. The fragrances in the high, elegant flacons from Guerlain are often said to be more suitable for older men. Well, you can argue about such statements. One can also argue about whether one agrees with the declaration of certain fragrances, be they for men or women. In any case, I rummaged through the comments and after extensive reading, the result was a picture of a modern, fresh, woody scent that suits young people well - in other words, one that radiates modernity.

But what is modernity when this vocabulary is associated with scents?

Is it an increasingly pronounced sweetness of a synthetic nature? Is it the increasing use of vanilla with cinnamon and tobacco to create creations like Spicebomb Extreme? It's all very hard to say. Everybody feels modernity as something different, but I also notice again and again that the rather sweet candidates enjoy a lot of popularity especially with my generation (between 20 and 25). If you are looking for something for the summer as a young person, you will often find fruity, predominantly citric scents, which unfortunately often never differ greatly from each other? But what place does the Guerlain Homme take here?

He has a very lively start. The lime speaks loudly right at the beginning, but without spreading this typical Klostein flair. The rum already borders them there quite contrasting. The heart note sets in quite quickly and the floral comes out, but also here very restrained. With the insertion of the base note, the fragrance becomes pleasantly earthy-green. The peppermint is now quite clearly perceptible and makes a wonderful connection with the vetiver and the cedar. All this happens with a naturalness that makes some citrus chemistry crackers look old immediately. Exactly this naturalness is the element which provides a beautiful depth. The scent is green, it is woody and fresh because of the peppermint, without smelling of peppermint candy.

Is this Guerlain now modern? Let's just put it this way... he's different. It is refreshingly different - a fragrance for summer, spring and autumn. It's excellent for every age group, it doesn't get stuck at work, in the office or in closed rooms and is something other than the constant lemon plörre you get served in summer. Due to the peppermint it is not a too formal scent, so you can wear it loosely dressed with shorts and a normal t-shirt without smelling "over-scented".

Conclusion: Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum is a fragrance that is by no means a mainstreamer. But he is also not suddenly a modern descendant of Guerlain, but only one who is simply different from the competing fragrance houses and thus remains true to the entire line next to the gourmands.

RocendrollRocendroll 3 years ago
[Może być] Drażniący. Słodki. Fajny
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Guerlain Homme Parfum proposes a waft of mojito followed by a distinguished manly alluring scent. It really feels good!
FuzziKSAFuzziKSA 3 years ago
Date day or night. Our door. Spring, Summer.

by Glosoli
by Glosoli
by GewoonBB
Sunny day back in the city...
by CuirCuir
by Cezar
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain