Guerlain Homme (2009)Eau de Parfum

Guerlain Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Pininfarina

Guerlain Homme (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2009. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Peppermint, Rum
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notes
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cedar, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 31.05.2020.

The previous addition "Intense" is omitted since 2016, following the alteration of the bottle.

Genglement in green
Peering into the shelves of the perfumeries, the homme line of guerlain I have always ignored, always being at the bottom. I first read guerlain homme edt, a beautiful fresh linear, that tastes like mint, lime with a vetiver and patchouli base, beautiful and interesting, but something is missing besides the longevity. I then discover that there is an intense version and I immediately think of an exclusively more long-lived and persistent version but it is not so, the addition of flowers, rhubarb, rum I have totally changed, it has completed to make it become a rounder perfume, he perfected and enriched it. If I think of a classy man in a suit and tie, I imagine him with this perfume, of immense class.
Opens a lot of lime green mint and crispy rabbarbaro, sweet heart with a hint of rum slightly talcum flowers and very classic bottom a nice dry vetiver, almost generic opening but don't be fooled. All the smells and nuances you can imagine with the highest quality you know, it's a perfume for connoisseurs, the most distracted noses can consider it as a simple cool but it's not like that. The real experts will know how to catch the nuances. The green, the sweet, the herbaceous, the flowery makes it a fresh and elegant, never banal and attractive fragrance for classy men. Very versatile but not suitable for kids.
I recommend you take the old versions, the new one has all the notes flattened. Although being edp, it doesn't behave like such, but it knows how to defend.

Rating: 9

Homme edp review
I don't have much luck with mint in fragrances, but this was recommended to me as an excellent, fresh modern Guerlain with a mojito accord. I probably should try one to know if it's close, but here is my review, and thank you for watching

INDIGOSPHINX
That good ol' oak barrel
I blind bought this since it's a Guerlain and it's a modern classic. Have to say, I am very pleased with the scent.
I watched a lot of reviews saying that it has a boozy vibe. I have never smelled rum so I don't know how true that is. I only know what whisky and brandy smells like and this smells like neither.
What I do get is

in the opening: a very bright and uplifting lime, sort of generic since a lot of popular fragrance has citrus opening but its not bad. It smells delicious and very refreshing.
Soon it dries down to this LOVELY LOVELY woody smell. It might be what rum smells like but to describe it..
It smells like a vintage oak barrel used to store some sort of strong spirit, it is not sweet per se but it's not bitter either. The texture of the smell is slightly grainy but smooth.

I really love this one. However, I do prefer Vetiver much more, I just wish Vetiver lasts as long as this one.

Hope you get this one, it's hard for me to see anyone who would dislike this.
Volker1964
Athletic gentleman takes bouquet of flowers to his...
I first had this EdP as a tester and I liked it very much. Then I ordered 100ml EdP.
Top note
"Green" and fresh. Peppermint comes through pleasantly. Not too strong. Favored.
Heart note
A beautiful, versatile and balanced bouquet is clearly present. It's elegant. Partly fresh and partly "velvety" flowers. I like it a lot Base
Now it's getting spicy and woody. Not too much, not too little. The precious wood, patchouli and vetiver very skilfully round off this fragrance. Very beautiful and very pleasantly composed fragrance.
Conclusion
I also like this scent very much. My fourth Guerlain fragrance. I like all four of them. What's different about this one to the other three? It is not "only" noble, elegant and very high quality, "green" notes are added very skilfully.
I wear it all year round. In his spare time and also sometimes to work. An all-rounder. A mMn very great fragrance, especially in a positive sense. I like him very much It lasts about 6-8 hours with me
Spicy-fresh Everyday EDP with cocktail attitude
"Guerlain Homme" is a fresh, spicy everyday fragrance that largely fulfils what the ingredients promise. The durability is very good, as befits an EDP. We feel the tangy lime, paired with the ethereal aroma of mint and the sweetness of rum. I can't analyze the flowery notes exactly, but one way or the other, the heart note seems to have little effect
Clearly perceptible from the beginning is the smoky-balsamic vetiver, which (as described in my blog) is one of my absolute favorite ingredients. Including the more than solid brand Guerlain (which despite its reputation is not one of the most expensive) and a well-known perfumer ... What do you want more?

Good question to myself! ;-) I like the scent and it will stay in my collection. But he has nothing extravagant about him and therefore has no exorbitant personality for me. Clearly Guerlain made his way to the mainstream about a decade ago and wants to please a younger target group ... at least without drifting into the sugar-sweet corner, as is the case for example with the current and thus trend-oriented "L'Homme Idéal" series (I can't do anything with that).

No, I'm not letting anything get on that scent ... i keep telling myself. He smells good, even after hours. If one had renounced perhaps without the rum, however, perhaps this cocktail-like note would not adjust itself! You know what it's like when you order a drink in a well-stocked bar and keep your nose clean before your first sip! :-)

Maybe I am a little too critical: The name Guerlain and lime, mint, vetiver and cedar. That should have been exactly MY scent, if not necessary! ;-) But he can't quite keep up with my favorites and somehow I suspect that others here feel the same way. A little more courage would make "Guerlain Homme" look good on the face, although he can also quickly take a direction that I don't like at all.

For the saying "neither fish nor meat" I consider this EDP to be too good, because the quality is just as good. Nevertheless, it might just make it into my personal Top-10. It's not bad, is it?! ;-)
What a positive surprise
I came across this fragrance as part of a blind exchange. I don't mean to say I've experienced a lot of blind swapping failures, but... ok, yes. Yes, I've "worsened" a lot in blind trading. But in this case I have landed a real stroke of luck, thanks again to Goldie for this great deal.

But the fragrance composition on the paper now has nothing that would have let me guess what a splendid specimen this Guerlain Homme is. On the contrary. Only the heart note with its floral notes, bäääh. But first of all it comes differently and secondly than you think. GH is the epitome of men's fragrance in my nose. It's not intrusive, it's not too strong, it's horny (sorry, for this emotional expression ????).

At the beginning I smell pencil graphite here somehow (which would speak for an office smell), this graphite smell is carried on a fresh wave peppermint and citrus fruit. The rum adds a little bit of sweetness, without making the whole work seem kitschy. The whole thing is quite unobtrusive, but nevertheless very perceptible for the wearer. Fortunately, I can't smell the flowery notes, maybe they just complement the above, without really being perceived as a protagonist. The woodiness of the base note gives me a rather long shelf life, so that with four sprayers for a whole working day I get a little whiff in my nose every now and then, which makes me very cheerful again and again.

GH is not a fragrance that stands out from the crowd. He's not sneezy or avant-garde. But GH is not boring either. Rather business-like, noble and mature. I don't mean to say you can't wear it until you're 35+. No, he gives you a grown-up vibe. However, he is not fatherly or opiate, but simply serious. Sure, it's good to wear in your spare time. For my taste he also wears well on sweatpants,....uh jeans and polo shirt (collar please do not fold up). Seasonally I don't pronounce No Go here, because it will certainly not lose its effect even in winter.
For me, the all-round discovery and my first Guerlain. I will then sniff my way through the assortment again and report about it if necessary.

So far, so good and thanks for reading.
Casual, Caribbean-inspired understatement vetiver
Is it because of my changed taste style of the last two years or because of a possible revision of the fragrance in the context of the bottle conversion?
Recently I took the train back home, had been to a great wine fair in Hamburg (Chianti Classico) before and wasted my time with Douglas at the station. Since I now largely refrain from testing mainstream innovations at all and prefer to subject already rated midfield fragrances (between 5.0 and 7.0) to new checks, I stumbled across "Guerlain Homme".

And what can I say? The return trip became olfactory contrary to expectations quite interesting - in fact I liked it considerably better than in my comment from 2014, where I dismissed it as something unimaginative, sweet-grassy-minty water.

But, he is already a pleasant one, who rather shows a quite clearly bordered character refinement with the second sniffing. Quasi a casual, Caribbean-influenced vetiver scent that fits well into spring.
Meanwhile, I'm not so much for vetiver anymore, often too green, too heavy, too grassy, too earthy, simply exhausting - but here Guerlain in combination with the mint, the lime and a micro hint of rum is an extremely pretty, lively citrus green perfume, subtly underlaid with grassy and liquorice aromas.

Good perseverance, office suitable Sillage, nice buoyancy
DerDefcon
What does "modern" actually mean?
Today I tested the fragrance and at the same time I rummaged around a little here on Parfumo. I am or was looking for a summer fragrance that is a little lighter and more flexible than Bleu de Chanel Eau de Parfum. The scents of Guerlain represent an alternative that can be found somewhere between niche and mainstream, but fortunately is worn only by very few people. The fragrances in the high, elegant flacons from Guerlain are often said to be more suitable for older men. Well, you can argue about such statements. One can also argue about whether one agrees with the declaration of certain fragrances, be they for men or women. In any case, I rummaged through the comments and after extensive reading, the result was a picture of a modern, fresh, woody scent that suits young people well - in other words, one that radiates modernity.

But what is modernity when this vocabulary is associated with scents?

Is it an increasingly pronounced sweetness of a synthetic nature? Is it the increasing use of vanilla with cinnamon and tobacco to create creations like Spicebomb Extreme? It's all very hard to say. Everybody feels modernity as something different, but I also notice again and again that the rather sweet candidates enjoy a lot of popularity especially with my generation (between 20 and 25). If you are looking for something for the summer as a young person, you will often find fruity, predominantly citric scents, which unfortunately often never differ greatly from each other? But what place does the Guerlain Homme take here?

He has a very lively start. The lime speaks loudly right at the beginning, but without spreading this typical Klostein flair. The rum already borders them there quite contrasting. The heart note sets in quite quickly and the floral comes out, but also here very restrained. With the insertion of the base note, the fragrance becomes pleasantly earthy-green. The peppermint is now quite clearly perceptible and makes a wonderful connection with the vetiver and the cedar. All this happens with a naturalness that makes some citrus chemistry crackers look old immediately. Exactly this naturalness is the element which provides a beautiful depth. The scent is green, it is woody and fresh because of the peppermint, without smelling of peppermint candy.

Is this Guerlain now modern? Let's just put it this way... he's different. It is refreshingly different - a fragrance for summer, spring and autumn. It's excellent for every age group, it doesn't get stuck at work, in the office or in closed rooms and is something other than the constant lemon plörre you get served in summer. Due to the peppermint it is not a too formal scent, so you can wear it loosely dressed with shorts and a normal t-shirt without smelling "over-scented".

Conclusion: Guerlain Homme Eau de Parfum is a fragrance that is by no means a mainstreamer. But he is also not suddenly a modern descendant of Guerlain, but only one who is simply different from the competing fragrance houses and thus remains true to the entire line next to the gourmands.
Cool elegance
I came across this scent by chance when I was testing. It doesn't necessarily correspond to my scent preferences, but I liked it very much and then I bought it in one of those famous unreasonable moments right after. In everyday life it took me some time to get used to him, but meanwhile I appreciate him very much. I don't love him and he doesn't arouse any exuberant feelings in me, but I feel very pleasantly scented and he doesn't seem artificial. Besides, there's no place in the history of him that's above me. This happens very rarely
Fragrance:
Guerlain Homme starts with a muted, boozy mint. I would not associate the alcoholic tone directly with rum, but rather with a slightly swollen, unsweet liquorice. Let's accompany this "dark" mint with a subtle sweet-citric accent, which takes the pungency out of the alcoholic mint tone.
This combination (similar to the taste of a Mojito) comes unagitated and classic, with a timeless fresh masculine character.
A warm, slightly sweet patchoulitone and a restrained, elegant woody note soon follow. In the base, a likewise understated, wonderfully soft, fresh, aromatic vetiver develops, minimal soapy and comparable to that of the current Guerlain vetiver, possibly a bit more gentle. But the boozy mint remains dominant over the whole process, the base only supports.
I have not yet been able to consciously perceive floral notes. If they are, then they are woven in wafer-thin. All the components are matched to each other and are all in all modestly dosed, so that you can't overdose the fragrance from my point of view.
The overall result is a deep, elegant, bitter-sweet mint scent, alternating between roughness, warmth and coolness. I feel with it fresh, but still full of content accompanied and that in a pleasantly reserved, characterful way.

Border note:
Guerlain Homme radiates a typical Thierry water character. For some he might tend to be a little too smooth and too much mainstream, which I wouldn't completely disagree with. For some it may not be refined enough for a men's fragrance from Guerlain, which I can also understand. For me he is nevertheless a worthy, modern men's guerrilla, because he is very well handcrafted, has high quality ingredients, class and finesse radiates. He tends more towards L'Instant than L'Homme Ideal series.

Compared to the other versions of the Homme series it is very similar on my skin at the beginning to the other versions (L'Eau Boisee, L'Eau, EdT), but the other three tend more in the woody direction. This is especially true for the very dominant woody L'Eau Boisee, which is the only one still produced besides the EdP.

Durability and Sillage:
On my skin the scent stays well perceptible for about 7-8 hours and gets me through a working day. The projection is as well as the Sillage rather reserved gentlemenlike.

Availability:
Due to its elegant, stylish character, the fragrance is particularly suitable for formal occasions. But I also always wear it in the office with jeans and sweaters, which doesn't seem exaggerated to me. Even on a casual summer evening in the beer garden he is not out of place from my point of view. If you pay attention to a well-groomed appearance, it can be used on many occasions. Due to its mint freshness, it fits into the summer as well as into the other seasons due to its "heavy" herbsweet character. I wear it e.g. at sub-zero temperatures and don't recognize any performance weakness.

Result:
Guerlain Homme is a herbsweet mint scent, elegant, stylish, unagitated and calming in itself. He points in a classic male direction, but is at the height of time due to the composition and will not go out of fashion. If you are looking for a fresh, stylish, durable, understated men's fragrance with depth, you should take a closer look at this Guerlain flying under the radar. Insider tip!
My son....
....you are far from ready and have no idea about perfumes and the big wide world of fragrances.
But if you are interested in it in a few years, I would like to give you some advice.

I am fully aware that there is a high probability that you will use scents that are often worn in your generation, what the girls like and what your friends use.

I was no different then. Every boy had Lagerfeld Classic, Joop Homme or Cool Water in the late 80s. Later then CK one.
The girls had LouLou, Casmir or something from MyMelody. We all liked it too and found it great, as you will love the fragrances your generation wears and will wear.

These fragrances will most likely be especially sweet and will go in the direction of Wanted, Eros, Armani Code Profumo, or Ultra Male. That's okay, I still love you.

But you're lucky that your old father is a bit busy with scents, I didn't have that luck with grandma and grandpa and they let me go out of the house with scented clouds that the birds fell from the trees.
Also at the ozone hole we are not completely innocent.

I would like to recommend you a fragrance with which you definitely smell great and that is this Guerlain Homme.
When you spray it on, you first feel something very fresh, namely lime and mint. That's really great and also a little sweet, but not too brute. You can spray a lot here, too, it doesn't matter. It is light and a little later you will notice that rum is added to it, but also not as extreme as in other fragrances like Bentley for Men, or Jazz Club.
You'll have a nice, light, fluffy cocktail around your neck. Beautifully fresh and slightly sweet.

Just imagine the effect on one of your future parties when a girl responds to your scent and it doesn't mean...oh you're wearing XY today, but..oh you smell good, what's that?
The ice is already broken. You're welcome my boy.

As you progress, the fragrance becomes a little floral without losing its freshness and a good dash of vetiver makes you look more mature as a teenager. That's what you want at that age, isn't it?

I don't know if you're still dancing tightly wrapped blues today, or if you're just banging some hip hop rhymes around your ears instead, but if you should do that, your flame will still perceive a light mixture of woodruff paired with fresh meadow. But you should put the pairing on much later.

You will learn in life that much is not perfect, so it is also here with this scent. It doesn't last very long with me, it can be my skin, but maybe it works better with you. I wish you would. I can imagine you very well with this smell and before you buy e.g. Sauvage, which gives me personally headache, let's talk. There will be many who will tell you something else and you will have your experiences and that is a good thing.

The fragrance is perhaps more for spring/summer, but you may not pay attention to something like this yet and if you do we will also find something for other seasons.

I can't stop your growing up and time goes by so fast, this is the way of things, but I can and will accompany you. You also remind me so often of myself and even if much is different than in my time, some things will not change. Love sorrow will hurt extremely and rivals will come and go, but...

Your scent will stay if it's your scent and not everyone's. How cool is that when somebody remembers your scent and how cool is it to have something other than the mass?

I just wanted to tell you that before a Youtuber does and maybe one day you'll read that and until then we'll watch a lot of Marvel movies together and explore the Star Wars universe.

I'm proud of you!

Dad

RocendrollRocendroll 21 months ago
[Może być] Drażniący. Słodki. Fajny
Carlitos01Carlitos01 22 months ago
Guerlain Homme Parfum proposes a waft of mojito followed by a distinguished manly alluring scent. It really feels good!
FuzziKSAFuzziKSA 2 years ago
Date day or night. Our door. Spring, Summer.

by Glosoli
by Cezar
by PikScent
by PikScent

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain