Guet-Apens (1999)

Guet-Apens by Guerlain

Guet-Apens is a popular limited perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Submitted by Silverrain, last update on 31.07.2019

8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Game - Set - Victory!
Today, lying ill on the sofa, I have a lot of time and leisure to test scents. And because I also feel a little sorry for myself, it must be two sizes of the fragrance world at once. Guet-apens on the left and No. 1 for Women on the right by Clive Christians.
And in the same moment Guet-apens meets my nose, my heart immediately opens to him. A feeling like when the sun rises on a warm summer day and the first rays reach my skin. Radiant peach sweetness, almost like a dried peach, candied with vanilla. And right at the beginning this wonderful mixture of spice and sweetness that nobody can do as well as Guerlain. A hint of anise in my nose that runs through the entire fragrance. In between, something floral and herbaceous, almost like rosemary or sage blossoms, is interwoven again and again in a flash. As always with the classic Guerlains, I quickly reach my limits. Fruity, flowery, spicy perfection, all notes complement each other, support each other, nothing pushes itself forward, almost supernatural harmony.
And yet the fragrance is not too big or too elegant or too ladylike or even madamic for me. I feel elegant and grown-up, wrapped in this sensual beguiling veil. I'm all at home in this fragrance, all at one with myself. And while I wear my beloved L'heure de Nuit at work as well, Guet-apens asks for special occasions for me. A romantic dinner, an evening at the opera or a ball in a big robe. The precious millilitres that a perfuma left to me from her treasure are used wisely and enjoyed to the last drop! A thousand thanks for that!

by Turandot
by Turandot
by MissPiggy
by MissPiggy
by Silverrain
by Silverrain

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain