Habit Rouge (2003) Eau de Parfum

Habit Rouge (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain

Habit Rouge (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2003. The scent is citrusy-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Oud, Vanilla, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.09.2019

6.0 6.0 7.0 10.0/10

Emorandeira
Lemon, vanilla and rose for men
Habit Rouge is a classical fragance but i think is still today seen as a very cool scent by many oeople. The smell remwmber me to a typical candys that i had when a was a Child: lemon sugus! The most noticeble notes for me are the lemon, the vanilla and the rose. It makes a very original fragance, just in the border between femenine and masculine. Some oeople says that It smells like the bah of an los lady (with a mix between perfume, make Up, a leather Wallet etc) but i dont think so. For me this is very nice but i have yo say that the performance in the versión i own (made in 2018) is not very good. I think It is even better un the edt... But the smell is just wonderful, perfect for day time with not too Hot temperatures and to enyoy by myself.
7.0 7.0 9.0 9.0/10

Classique homme de Guerlain
Jicky, Shalimar et Habit Rouge font partis de la même famille, qui en eau de parfum est unisexe. L'avantage de Habit Rouge en l'eau de parfum est la pyramide olfactive plus marquée en trois temps: citron et/ou de rose au départ, puis la présence de cuir et patchouli, enfin la distinctive guerlinade vanillée. (Les parfums Guerlain sont complexes, la description esquissée). La tenue est bonne, le sillage globalement modéré. Il est à noté que par temps plus clément, les notes vanillées deviennent plus présentes et évoquent à juste titre Shalimar. Habit Rouge est considéré comme le Shalimar des hommes. Il est le grand classique de la parfumerie masculine française, au même titre que Eau Sauvage ou encore Pour un homme.
9.0 9.0 7.0 9.0/10

Elegant
Lemon, rose, vanilla, leather... Some of my favourite aromatic notes in a perfume and very well balanced. Compared to EDT this is much better. The EDP is woody and elegant. A little less citrus and vanilla, but more wood, leather. I find it very similar to Shalimar, although it is more intense and powerful.

Smells a lot like Krasnaya Moskva
I just tested this perfume at Galeria Kaufhof. The beginning is very citric, but now, after two hours it smells at me almost exactly like Krasnaya Moskva, the iconic/notorious ladies perfume from the Soviet Union.

KM is a perfume from 1925, very well made in terms of craftsmanship, which only came into disrepute by the fact that it was practically the only perfume in the Soviet Union, otherwise it can certainly compete with the greats of its time, Chanel No. 5 and co. But the resemblance surprises me greatly. In direct comparison here is a hint more leather, while KM is a hint more flowery, but if you don't spray the perfumes side by side, you can confuse them (at least on me). Since I paid 10€ for KM and it lasts 12+ hours, I will not get Habit Rouge. I'm just very surprised, especially because HR is from 2003, almost eighty years younger.
10.0/10

NarcisseNoir
The more "perfect" Habit Rouge...
Everything I considered in the EDT-Version „too loud“ has been „toned down“. But because of the higher concentration it has a longer and much more intensive silliage ´- at least on my skin. And the different notes are much more present, than in the EDT_mixture. It is more complex, with a much more pleasant dry-down – for my taste. Too me, it is the more „perfect“ Habit Rouge. I absolutely adore it....

Habit Rouge EDP - classic, smooth
I own both EDP & EDT. Between the two, I prefer the EDP, the EDT seeming more harsh, or raspy (comparatively). The EDP seems more refined, smoother. I've worn it a number of times, and am still trying to figure it out. Recently, I sprayed the EDP, sat down, listened to music, while I savored the scent's transitions over time. Then, for the first time, I sensed something familiar, but hadn't noticed before... I was thinking burnt vanilla, but, no, that wasn't quite it... suddenly it struck me. For a brief time it conjured up one of the phases of Bvlgari Black. It was that odd, yet pleasant, tea (some say burnt rubber) joined with vanilla that I sometimes get from Black. Anyone else notice that?
5.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

MrX
A fragrance for the real gentleman
A fragrance for the real gentleman. very long-lasting. one of the rare fragrances, people ask me about : "what do you waer ? and what is the name of your fragrance, lovely fragrance, unique".. that what I get when I wear Habit Rouge edp

do not test on a paper test, you have to wear it. This fragrance for a real Gentleman. Not for youth and young kids :)

Emorandeira 55 days ago
Lemon, vanilla and rose mix tagged for men. Averega performance but amazing smell. More Woody than the edt versión. For Daytime use.
6.0
6.0
10.0
JoaoMartins 8 months ago
What a lovely scent. After falling in love with Vetiver, this one will have to end up in my collection. It's just creamy and beatiful+2
Carlitos01 18 months ago
Habit Rouge is Shalimar "au masculin".
Absolutely astonishing.
John Travolta used this cologne in Pulp Fiction. ;-)+5
10.0
Giesta40 23 months ago
A lemon, woody, leathery, powdery perfume. What can go wrong? This one impress me all the times I smell it... so rich! My signature scent.+2

by UniqueCherie
by Russelrunner
by Giesta40
by Giesta40

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain