Habit Rouge 2009Extrait

Habit Rouge (Extrait) by Guerlain
Habit Rouge (Extrait) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lime, Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.06.2020.

Chanelle
The red leather skirt, now also for m/f/d
Borders or gender-specific classifications are fortunately disappearing. My love-hate relationship with Habit Rouge remained pretty much the same until recently. That's when I first started to deal with the king's class of fragrance variants, the Extrait. Only attracted by a limited edition, I tried to persuade my husband to use this scent so that I could inherit the bottle. He tried it in the Guerlain scent temple, was impressed, but when he heard the prize, he waved it off. Then I tried it with a sharing, but the gods of perfume bottling were against me. I gave it to him. I wasn't as interested in the scent as I was in its glass vessel, and why should I bend over to it?
The other day, however, my husband and I took shelter from the rain in Paris ...where do you think? At Guerlain's. My husband remembered the scent he had already tested and wanted to take a nose of it again. To kill time, I did the same to him and tested the Extrait as well.
Aha-experience!
The HR DNA is clearly there, but smells so much gentler, softer, more valuable than I'm used to from Habit Rouge (apart from the more gourmand dress code).
The citric-metallic top note, which also repels me at many Shalimar concentrations, is neither prickly nor loud. It is mildly fruity, fresh and pleasant.
Gradually, spices are added that let the scent get into the Oriental. Even 70s opium comes to mind, but HRE is much finer, more differentiated, not so brute.
The main ingredient also gradually emerges, condenses to a melange with a subtle light creamy sweetness: the leather.
I've never smelled such soft leather before. Cuir Intense from the same kitchen is exactly the other end of the leather scale, so to speak.
What do I do now? The price is murder, but I want it, for me AND my little bear. At least to save us over the coming winter....

by DemonHead
by DemonHead
by Aggeliki
by Aggeliki

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain