Héritage (1992)Eau de Parfum

Héritage (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Robert Granai

Top 33 in Men's Perfume
Héritage (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 1992. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli

Submitted by Profumo, last update on 19.03.2020.

8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Volker1964
This great smell has it .....
At this EdP I have decided to make a blind purchase, due to the positive ratings also here in the forum. I do not do this often, but I was not disappointed. To the fragrance:
Top note
Very pleasantly citric fresh. A subtle lavender note is intimated. Still a little shy. All in all very pleasant.
Heart note
It becomes more spicy and a light peppery note is added. Not hot, rather subtly spicy. The fragrance becomes very pleasantly present. Noble. I like it Base
The patchouli note is already clear, without putting other fragrances aside. Harmonious and balanced.
Conclusion
A gentleman's fragrance for all gentlemen who like elegant, versatile, very valuable and very pleasant fragrances. I like him. I will wear it more on colder days in my free time. Guerlain is mMn already a very good manufacturer of very fine fragrances. As I have often read and heard, they may be special. "Unscented quality"? Quite.
In any case, as far as (have 4 Guerlain fragrances) I can already judge, damn good.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Successful balancing act
The Guerlain fragrances available in the now tall, rather conservative-looking flacons are sometimes those that have been around for over twenty years and are therefore more "aged" than I am. The rather conservative - or let's say classic - flacon design suggests a fragrance DNA that inevitably does justice to the exterior and thus tends to end up in the shopping basket of the Ü40s and Ü50s. Instead, the young Otto-Normalo, if he has Guerlain on his radar at all, is likely to focus on the more modern product lines when he makes a purchase. I'm thinking, for example, of the very Ideal series, which seems to diminish with every new release, in my opinion.

Opening the blinkers and indulging in the more classic scents can be rewarded. Classic does not mean the same old-fashioned. I already noticed this in the extremely successful "Guerlain Homme (Eau de Parfum)", in which heavy vetiver was skilfully combined with rum, peppermint and floral notes and evoked a mojito association. And Mojito is probably anything but "out of fashion", isn't it? A similarly successful combination, albeit in a different way, can also be found in "Héritage (Eau de Parfum)".

I experience the prelude to this eau de parfum as actually conservative to old-fashioned. A quite loud lemon makes itself noticeable, which is complemented by my fear note, the lavender. Lavender is such an herb that I have my problems with if it takes too dominant a role, as it always reminds me of my grandfather's after shave, which was always overdosed. I seem to be a little traumatized in this regard.

The first fifteen minutes have to be overcome. Then the lemon has used up its sour juice and leaves the field to the lavender, which surprisingly doesn't seem to bother me at all. That this is so is certainly due to the fact that this time the herb is not biting and extremely green-spicy, which I don't like at all, but rather dark and soft. To be honest, I've never heard such lavender. So it could be something with us after all.
After about 45 minutes coriander and pepper are added. The coriander is quite uncomfortable in my nose, but only when I press my nose directly against my wrist - something you should not do at all. In the air it spreads a subtle soapy note, which is spiced up with a pinch of pepper. As far as the pepper is concerned, an appropriate dosage has been chosen here. Nothing stings in the nose, nothing causes sneezing fits - very good!

After one hour has passed, the patchouli is added to round off the fragrance composition in a masterly manner - I want to anticipate that much. His presence provides a soft background that is a little bit reminiscent of chocolate, which is also accompanied by a minimal powdery texture. This patchouli is not herbaceous, does not resemble the plant you can smoke, nor does it resemble mould or any other unpleasantness. Together with the dark herbaceous, very soft lavender and the discreetly soapy coriander, it makes an appearance that reflects the perfect balancing act between the classically conservative and the new modern. We get a long-lasting, strongly radiating, but by no means too offensive and penetrating scent for the colder days, which does not need an exuberant sweetness to attract the attention of the "young generation". So I appeal to those who are still looking for something new for autumn or winter and are fed up with the sweetness of the latest new releases to take a look at the classic flacons from Guerlain. Do not be irritated by the initial signs of old-fashionedness and give those waters time to unfold. It is very likely that your patience, if you can muster it, will be rewarded. I can promise that "Héritage" will definitely not be the last fragrance from this product line that I tested.
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

"Héritage" Ahoy
The world of scents and perfumes is complex and therefore a wide field. The associated specialist literature is also almost inexhaustible. A somewhat special area with the keywords relaxation, wellness, body, mind, meditation and soul is connected with the term fragrance journeys. In addition to theoretical excursions, a wide variety of excursions are offered in the fields, corridors and perfumeries. These fragrance journeys to train olfactory perceptions offer instructive experiences and often plenty of fun for the whole family. I would like to invite you to participate in such a special journey and wish you much pleasure!

Welcome dear perfumers, come in, come through and don't crowd, there is room for everyone. In a few moments we set off on our first fragrance journey as part of this year's experience festival "Guerlinade - Mythos oder Wahn". I welcome them warmly on our flacon steamer "Héritage" under Captain Jean Paul, especially the passengers who had to change from the "Héritage" EdT to the "Héritage" EdP at short notice. There were small durability problems in the outdoor area and safety comes first of all of course. Our route always leads down the river along the fragrant water and ends in the picturesque perfume lake. I wish you all a pleasant afternoon!

Dear perfume lovers, "Héritage" has discarded and the journey begins. My name is Pat Schouli, I am her conférencier and lead her through the accompanying program of our scent artists. With the fresh breeze of setting off two stars create the Auftackt and are supported by me fragrantly.

A fragrance ride that is funny, a fragrance ride that is beautiful
and my name is Pat Schouli, wants to go with other notes.
See there already la Motte comes from de Bergas Citrussee.
Even Zi Trone wants noble food now also stand with me.
Yes, I wrap them in chocolate, dark-sweet delicious dream.
How it smells strong-powdery, andres I hardly smell now.

Thanks and applause to Zi Trone, known from the trio Zitrus with Zi Trone, Li Mette and Li Mone as well as to our dear Berga de la Motte. Both now stay discreetly in the background to scent in occasionally. Immediately it goes on, welcome them cordially from Croatia Lav Endel. He generates scents on the panflute and I play the first violin.

Lav der Endel is fresh and spicy, sweet and woody, flowery and fine.
I'll do it woody, melty-bittric, because he doesn't play alone.
Really violent, chocolate-fiery we smell soon to two.

An intense thank you to Lav Endel. He will continue to accompany us with his Provencal charm and soft tones. Dear scent friends, please pay attention half right towards the bow. We just pass the tributary of the small tributary Kori Ander. Unfortunately it can't be admired in full splendour at the moment, but you will surely notice the woody, nutty-spicy orange aroma and the warmth flowing into our flacon boat. Matching this, I greet Rosa Pfeffer. Let's hear it! Together we will bring aromatic dances to their best in fragrant steps. Let's go Rosa!

Our pink, which is spicy, oriental, peppery, pure,
tangy orange, with lots of balm, the fragrance wants to be in the middle.
The Pat Schouli sprays chocolate into the aroma firmly,
that is dark, slightly daring, animalistic also secret
and with warm, ripe woods it goes to love on its own.

Dear Rosa, thank you very much for the creamy-softly danced scents during our performance together and how I smell, you are available for further little dances. Afterwards I would like to enrich personally with small solo inserts the, still quite a while continuing, comfortable journey entertainingly. With the quiet and restrained tones, the scents that have already appeared in the background, I should be able to do that as well.

Pat Schouli is always important, Pat Schouli is strong,
because it can transform well, earthy-woody, bitter-tender,
sensually creamy, sweetly smoky, here cocoa, never bland.
Pat Schouli is resistant and unruly in "Héritage".
In the scents often at home, never rare and never alone,
he's a dark, my secret sunshine.

The sun is already low on the horizon, the perfume lake glistens before us in the evening light and we help to moor. Dear perfumers, I hope you had a pleasant, fragrant afternoon and with my personal handshake to say goodbye, the scent of "Héritage" will remain with you for a long time to come. Our motto "Guerlinade - Mythos oder Wahn" could not be clarified exhaustively, but if you still liked it, please let me know and book again a fragrance trip on one of our other Guerlinade flacon steamers. Thank you and a fragrant evening!
9.0 9.0 8.0 8.0/10

Chicken soup and hairspray
Even at the risk of being lynched by the fans of this scent, I now take all my courage together and write which head cinema it triggers in me.......

Overnight with Grandma was simply always great
When I woke up, of course, she had always been up long ago, stood up in the bathroom and "straightened her hair" (today people would probably say "style"), as it was proper for a "neat housewife" at that time.
I smelled her hairspray and groped into the kitchen, where a soup was already cooking on the stove, which had a wonderful aroma of lovage and celery and felt infinitely safe.

That Heritage reminds me of it really made me doubt my perfume perception, especially since I can't smell a single one of the other fragrance components and lovage is not mentioned at all.
But when my husband came home first, already in the hall asked "Mmmm, there is soup today?" and the returning offspring 2 hours later said "Here it somehow smells like Maggi...", it comforted me not to be so alone with this feeling in the world; ) - maybe it's the genes :D

I like this smell, often I still make soup even today, because I love it when the smell runs through the kitchen - but I don't want to smell like that myself.........
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Farneon
Balm for the young at heart
100 ml for less than 60 euros. I couldn't resist... and yet (fortunately) I have mistaken with my order. This was the case for the EDP (the EDT costs almost 30 Euro more for some reason), but it is now the first in my collection. I knew before that Guerlain created masterful fragrances, but I could never do much with them: too expensive, too classic, too conservative. And also with Héritage the first thing that came to my mind was: "Interesting, but certainly nothing for me!" Not because I'm too young for that, but because I just don't feel that old yet! ;-)

Because I generally prefer the fragrances that are recommended here for "younger people", even though they may have been on their back for over 20 years. What it was and is important for Héritage to survive the first quarter of an hour, because there something stinging and musty is drilling into my nose, which I would most likely attribute to lavender. And that not every lavender smells the same shows me already the three different kinds on my balcony. But after the top note the scent gets something balsamic, oriental, which I can simply describe as extremely pleasant and soothing.

It almost looks as if I've found my "winter fragrance", because everything I've tried so far in the sweet and spicy direction, I didn't really like: neither CH Men Privé nor Dior Homme Intense, neither D&G The One for Men nor Prada L'Homme. Always too powdery, too leathery, too strict or too pompous - at least to my taste. Not so Héritage! This is not a daredevil who wants to push himself in front of the crowd, not a prolet who rears up pompously, not a show-off bursting with narcissism. Simply a strong, distinguished and self-confident character who wants me to feel comfortable with him. And preferably a person close to me (!) at the same time!
8.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Héritage - the heritage of Jean-Paul Guerlain
[short review]
Pure class and an outstanding patchouli scent!
It is subtle but strong! Strong but discrete! Discrete but noticeable! Noticeable but classy!
... and it gives you a very good longevity and sillage for the existing notes!
Is it one of the best perfumes I came across with? Probably! But that is also true for other Guerlain's fragrances. L'Instant Eau Extreme, L'Instant EDT, Héritage, Habit Rouge and all its flankers, Vetiver and Vetiver Extreme, Shalimar, Mitsouko and Guerlain por Homme intense come to my mind.
This perfume is worth every cent (and every ml)!
In all stages you get some strong accords that combine in perfect harmony. You reveive a strong vivid lavender, a light citrus and zimbro (Mediterranean juniper) in the top notes; spices, pink pepper and geranium in the middle notes; wood (sandalwood and cedar) as well an intense clean patchouli in the base notes.
Other notes with minor intensity (for my nose at least) like aldehydes, moss, and amber, contribute for the happy complexity and beauty of this totally masculine perfume.
What a gorgeous blending. This fragrance has been launched more than 25 years ago and remains a landmark perfume. Guerlain is careful enough not to deteriorate its older fragrances by watering them down with new reformulations. As far my nose ir concerned, my current bottle of Heritage juice smells exactly the same as my old bottle juice bought 6 years ago.

Enough said! I will probably get a backup bottle ASAP just for my peace of mind.
My global rate: 8.5~9.0/10.0

Music: Otis Redding - "I've Got Dreams To Remember"
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Push that Button!
Here we are. My finger is on the button. Heritage, could it be the most beautiful perfume in the world.
I can smell in the air that I breathe and I love you. The perfume signs his name across my heart, I want him to be my baby. STOP, in the name of love, before you break my heart. Super Trouper beams are gonna blind me!
Cause' something‘s gotten hold of my heart, keeping my soul and my senses apart. It ain't nothing but a heartache. He's like the wind, to my dreams. He's like a knife, next to me. He takes me to the moonlight, only to burn me with the sun, he's breakin' my heart, he doesn't know what he's done.
Don't go breakin' my heart, I couldn't if I try! And it seems to me, Heritage lived it's life like a candle in the wind, never knowing who to cling to when the rain set in, and I would have liked to have known him, but I was just a kid, his candle burned out long before, his legend ever did.

Real heritage
Very subtle and classy. Warm,spicy and refined, women loves it. Very good for business time. One of the best from Guerlain s house.

Jazzy76 97 days ago
A great classic signed Guerlain: warm, aromatic, intoxicating and wonderful on my feminine skin too! Masterpiece....but very expensive!
Carlitos01 9 months ago
What a gorgeous patchouli blending. Heritage has been launched more than 25 years ago and remains a landmark perfume. Subtle but strong!
AmberScent 12 months ago
What an high quality patchouli bomb! I love this scent. It works like a youth potion. It's old school but makes you feel young and happy!

by Aggeliki
by Aggeliki
by Carlitos01
Guerlain Héritage Eau de Parfum, Batch Dezember 1993 (ex Pazuzu ;-) )
by Bertel
by Carlitos01
wunderschöner, schwerer refill flakon , ca.93....
by Couchlock
heritage edt und edp...mein dreamteam.
by Couchlock
by Vmaster
Guerlain -  Héritage 100ml EDP
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain