Héritage 1992Eau de Parfum

Héritage (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Robert Granai
Top 60 in Men's Perfume
Héritage (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 1992. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli

Submitted by Profumo, last update on 27.11.2020.

Volker1964
This great smell has it .....
At this EdP I have decided to make a blind purchase, due to the positive ratings also here in the forum. I do not do this often, but I was not disappointed. To the fragrance:
Top note
Very pleasantly citric fresh. A subtle lavender note is intimated. Still a little shy. All in all very pleasant.
Heart note
It becomes more spicy and a light peppery note is added. Not hot, rather subtly spicy. The fragrance becomes very pleasantly present. Noble. I like it Base
The patchouli note is already clear, without putting other fragrances aside. Harmonious and balanced.
Conclusion
A gentleman's fragrance for all gentlemen who like elegant, versatile, very valuable and very pleasant fragrances. I like him. I will wear it more on colder days in my free time. Guerlain is mMn already a very good manufacturer of very fine fragrances. As I have often read and heard, they may be special. "Unscented quality"? Quite.
In any case, as far as (have 4 Guerlain fragrances) I can already judge, damn good.
Successful balancing act
The Guerlain fragrances available in the now tall, rather conservative-looking flacons are sometimes those that have been around for over twenty years and are therefore more "aged" than I am. The rather conservative - or let's say classic - flacon design suggests a fragrance DNA that inevitably does justice to the exterior and thus tends to end up in the shopping basket of the Ü40s and Ü50s. Instead, the young Otto-Normalo, if he has Guerlain on his radar at all, is likely to focus on the more modern product lines when he makes a purchase. I'm thinking, for example, of the very Ideal series, which seems to diminish with every new release, in my opinion.

Opening the blinkers and indulging in the more classic scents can be rewarded. Classic does not mean the same old-fashioned. I already noticed this in the extremely successful "Guerlain Homme (Eau de Parfum)", in which heavy vetiver was skilfully combined with rum, peppermint and floral notes and evoked a mojito association. And Mojito is probably anything but "out of fashion", isn't it? A similarly successful combination, albeit in a different way, can also be found in "Héritage (Eau de Parfum)".

I experience the prelude to this eau de parfum as actually conservative to old-fashioned. A quite loud lemon makes itself noticeable, which is complemented by my fear note, the lavender. Lavender is such an herb that I have my problems with if it takes too dominant a role, as it always reminds me of my grandfather's after shave, which was always overdosed. I seem to be a little traumatized in this regard.

The first fifteen minutes have to be overcome. Then the lemon has used up its sour juice and leaves the field to the lavender, which surprisingly doesn't seem to bother me at all. That this is so is certainly due to the fact that this time the herb is not biting and extremely green-spicy, which I don't like at all, but rather dark and soft. To be honest, I've never heard such lavender. So it could be something with us after all.
After about 45 minutes coriander and pepper are added. The coriander is quite uncomfortable in my nose, but only when I press my nose directly against my wrist - something you should not do at all. In the air it spreads a subtle soapy note, which is spiced up with a pinch of pepper. As far as the pepper is concerned, an appropriate dosage has been chosen here. Nothing stings in the nose, nothing causes sneezing fits - very good!

After one hour has passed, the patchouli is added to round off the fragrance composition in a masterly manner - I want to anticipate that much. His presence provides a soft background that is a little bit reminiscent of chocolate, which is also accompanied by a minimal powdery texture. This patchouli is not herbaceous, does not resemble the plant you can smoke, nor does it resemble mould or any other unpleasantness. Together with the dark herbaceous, very soft lavender and the discreetly soapy coriander, it makes an appearance that reflects the perfect balancing act between the classically conservative and the new modern. We get a long-lasting, strongly radiating, but by no means too offensive and penetrating scent for the colder days, which does not need an exuberant sweetness to attract the attention of the "young generation". So I appeal to those who are still looking for something new for autumn or winter and are fed up with the sweetness of the latest new releases to take a look at the classic flacons from Guerlain. Do not be irritated by the initial signs of old-fashionedness and give those waters time to unfold. It is very likely that your patience, if you can muster it, will be rewarded. I can promise that "Héritage" will definitely not be the last fragrance from this product line that I tested.
Chicken soup and hairspray
Even at the risk of being lynched by the fans of this scent, I now take all my courage together and write which head cinema it triggers in me.......

Overnight with Grandma was simply always great
When I woke up, of course, she had always been up long ago, stood up in the bathroom and "straightened her hair" (today people would probably say "style"), as it was proper for a "neat housewife" at that time.
I smelled her hairspray and groped into the kitchen, where a soup was already cooking on the stove, which had a wonderful aroma of lovage and celery and felt infinitely safe.

That Heritage reminds me of it really made me doubt my perfume perception, especially since I can't smell a single one of the other fragrance components and lovage is not mentioned at all.
But when my husband came home first, already in the hall asked "Mmmm, there is soup today?" and the returning offspring 2 hours later said "Here it somehow smells like Maggi...", it comforted me not to be so alone with this feeling in the world; ) - maybe it's the genes :D

I like this smell, often I still make soup even today, because I love it when the smell runs through the kitchen - but I don't want to smell like that myself.........
Farneon
Balm for the young at heart
100 ml for less than 60 euros. I couldn't resist... and yet (fortunately) I have mistaken with my order. This was the case for the EDP (the EDT costs almost 30 Euro more for some reason), but it is now the first in my collection. I knew before that Guerlain created masterful fragrances, but I could never do much with them: too expensive, too classic, too conservative. And also with Héritage the first thing that came to my mind was: "Interesting, but certainly nothing for me!" Not because I'm too young for that, but because I just don't feel that old yet! ;-)

Because I generally prefer the fragrances that are recommended here for "younger people", even though they may have been on their back for over 20 years. What it was and is important for Héritage to survive the first quarter of an hour, because there something stinging and musty is drilling into my nose, which I would most likely attribute to lavender. And that not every lavender smells the same shows me already the three different kinds on my balcony. But after the top note the scent gets something balsamic, oriental, which I can simply describe as extremely pleasant and soothing.

It almost looks as if I've found my "winter fragrance", because everything I've tried so far in the sweet and spicy direction, I didn't really like: neither CH Men Privé nor Dior Homme Intense, neither D&G The One for Men nor Prada L'Homme. Always too powdery, too leathery, too strict or too pompous - at least to my taste. Not so Héritage! This is not a daredevil who wants to push himself in front of the crowd, not a prolet who rears up pompously, not a show-off bursting with narcissism. Simply a strong, distinguished and self-confident character who wants me to feel comfortable with him. And preferably a person close to me (!) at the same time!

Héritage - the heritage of Jean-Paul Guerlain
[short review]
Pure class and an outstanding patchouli scent!
It is subtle but strong! Strong but discrete! Discrete but noticeable! Noticeable but classy!
... and it gives you a very good longevity and sillage for the existing notes!
Is it one of the best perfumes I came across with? Probably! But that is also true for other Guerlain's fragrances. L'Instant Eau Extreme, L'Instant EDT, Héritage, Habit Rouge and all its flankers, Vetiver and Vetiver Extreme, Shalimar, Mitsouko and Guerlain por Homme intense come to my mind.
This perfume is worth every cent (and every ml)!
In all stages you get some strong accords that combine in perfect harmony. You reveive a strong vivid lavender, a light citrus and zimbro (Mediterranean juniper) in the top notes; spices, pink pepper and geranium in the middle notes; wood (sandalwood and cedar) as well an intense clean patchouli in the base notes.
Other notes with minor intensity (for my nose at least) like aldehydes, moss, and amber, contribute for the happy complexity and beauty of this totally masculine perfume.
What a gorgeous blending. This fragrance has been launched more than 25 years ago and remains a landmark perfume. Guerlain is careful enough not to deteriorate its older fragrances by watering them down with new reformulations. As far my nose ir concerned, my current bottle of Heritage juice smells exactly the same as my old bottle juice bought 6 years ago.

Enough said! I will probably get a backup bottle ASAP just for my peace of mind.
My global rate: 8.5~9.0/10.0

Music: Otis Redding - "I've Got Dreams To Remember"

Push that Button!
Here we are. My finger is on the button. Heritage, could it be the most beautiful perfume in the world.
I can smell in the air that I breathe and I love you. The perfume signs his name across my heart, I want him to be my baby. STOP, in the name of love, before you break my heart. Super Trouper beams are gonna blind me!
Cause' something‘s gotten hold of my heart, keeping my soul and my senses apart. It ain't nothing but a heartache. He's like the wind, to my dreams. He's like a knife, next to me. He takes me to the moonlight, only to burn me with the sun, he's breakin' my heart, he doesn't know what he's done.
Don't go breakin' my heart, I couldn't if I try! And it seems to me, Heritage lived it's life like a candle in the wind, never knowing who to cling to when the rain set in, and I would have liked to have known him, but I was just a kid, his candle burned out long before, his legend ever did.

Real heritage
Very subtle and classy. Warm,spicy and refined, women loves it. Very good for business time. One of the best from Guerlain s house.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 month ago
Classic gentlemen Guerlain scent. Héritage opens with bergamot and lavender. Then it gets peppery. A nice patchouli in the drydown. Elegant.
GreMuserGreMuser 3 months ago
Old school patchouli bomb, it's a classic fragrance, has nothing 'modern', not my cup of tea.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 11 months ago
A great classic signed Guerlain: warm, aromatic, intoxicating and wonderful on my feminine skin too! Masterpiece....but very expensive!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
What a gorgeous patchouli blending. Heritage has been launched more than 25 years ago and remains a landmark perfume. Subtle but strong!
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
What an high quality patchouli bomb! I love this scent. It works like a youth potion. It's old school but makes you feel young and happy!

by EveMist
by Profumosam
by Aggeliki
by Aggeliki
by Carlitos01
Guerlain Héritage Eau de Parfum, Batch Dezember 1993 (ex Pazuzu ;-) )
by Bertel
by Carlitos01
heritage edt und edp...mein dreamteam.
by Couchlock
by Profumo
by Profumo
wunderschöner, schwerer refill flakon , ca.93....
by Couchlock
by RobK
by RobK
by Vmaster
by Vmaster
Guerlain -  Héritage 100ml EDP
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain