Héritage (1992) Eau de Parfum

Héritage (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design: Robert Granai

Héritage (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 1992. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Bergamot, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli

Submitted by Profumo, last update on 15.10.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

"Héritage" Ahoy
The world of scents and perfumes is complex and therefore a wide field. The associated specialist literature is also almost inexhaustible. A somewhat special area with the keywords relaxation, wellness, body, mind, meditation and soul is connected with the term fragrance journeys. In addition to theoretical excursions, a wide variety of excursions are offered in the fields, corridors and perfumeries. These fragrance journeys to train olfactory perceptions offer instructive experiences and often plenty of fun for the whole family. I would like to invite you to participate in such a special journey and wish you much pleasure!

Welcome dear perfumers, come in, come through and don't crowd, there is room for everyone. In a few moments we set off on our first fragrance journey as part of this year's experience festival "Guerlinade - Mythos oder Wahn". I welcome them warmly on our flacon steamer "Héritage" under Captain Jean Paul, especially the passengers who had to change from the "Héritage" EdT to the "Héritage" EdP at short notice. There were small durability problems in the outdoor area and safety comes first of all of course. Our route always leads down the river along the fragrant water and ends in the picturesque perfume lake. I wish you all a pleasant afternoon!

Dear perfume lovers, "Héritage" has discarded and the journey begins. My name is Pat Schouli, I am her conférencier and lead her through the accompanying program of our scent artists. With the fresh breeze of setting off two stars create the Auftackt and are supported by me fragrantly.

A fragrance ride that is funny, a fragrance ride that is beautiful
and my name is Pat Schouli, wants to go with other notes.
See there already la Motte comes from de Bergas Citrussee.
Even Zi Trone wants noble food now also stand with me.
Yes, I wrap them in chocolate, dark-sweet delicious dream.
How it smells strong-powdery, andres I hardly smell now.

Thanks and applause to Zi Trone, known from the trio Zitrus with Zi Trone, Li Mette and Li Mone as well as to our dear Berga de la Motte. Both now stay discreetly in the background to scent in occasionally. Immediately it goes on, welcome them cordially from Croatia Lav Endel. He generates scents on the panflute and I play the first violin.

Lav der Endel is fresh and spicy, sweet and woody, flowery and fine.
I'll do it woody, melty-bittric, because he doesn't play alone.
Really violent, chocolate-fiery we smell soon to two.

An intense thank you to Lav Endel. He will continue to accompany us with his Provencal charm and soft tones. Dear scent friends, please pay attention half right towards the bow. We just pass the tributary of the small tributary Kori Ander. Unfortunately it can't be admired in full splendour at the moment, but you will surely notice the woody, nutty-spicy orange aroma and the warmth flowing into our flacon boat. Matching this, I greet Rosa Pfeffer. Let's hear it! Together we will bring aromatic dances to their best in fragrant steps. Let's go Rosa!

Our pink, which is spicy, oriental, peppery, pure,
tangy orange, with lots of balm, the fragrance wants to be in the middle.
The Pat Schouli sprays chocolate into the aroma firmly,
that is dark, slightly daring, animalistic also secret
and with warm, ripe woods it goes to love on its own.

Dear Rosa, thank you very much for the creamy-softly danced scents during our performance together and how I smell, you are available for further little dances. Afterwards I would like to enrich personally with small solo inserts the, still quite a while continuing, comfortable journey entertainingly. With the quiet and restrained tones, the scents that have already appeared in the background, I should be able to do that as well.

Pat Schouli is always important, Pat Schouli is strong,
because it can transform well, earthy-woody, bitter-tender,
sensually creamy, sweetly smoky, here cocoa, never bland.
Pat Schouli is resistant and unruly in "Héritage".
In the scents often at home, never rare and never alone,
he's a dark, my secret sunshine.

The sun is already low on the horizon, the perfume lake glistens before us in the evening light and we help to moor. Dear perfumers, I hope you had a pleasant, fragrant afternoon and with my personal handshake to say goodbye, the scent of "Héritage" will remain with you for a long time to come. Our motto "Guerlinade - Mythos oder Wahn" could not be clarified exhaustively, but if you still liked it, please let me know and book again a fragrance trip on one of our other Guerlinade flacon steamers. Thank you and a fragrant evening!
9.0 9.0 8.0 8.0/10

Chicken soup and hairspray
Even at the risk of being lynched by the fans of this scent, I now take all my courage together and write which head cinema it triggers in me.......

Overnight with Grandma was simply always great
When I woke up, of course, she had always been up long ago, stood up in the bathroom and "straightened her hair" (today people would probably say "style"), as it was proper for a "neat housewife" at that time.
I smelled her hairspray and groped into the kitchen, where a soup was already cooking on the stove, which had a wonderful aroma of lovage and celery and felt infinitely safe.

That Heritage reminds me of it really made me doubt my perfume perception, especially since I can't smell a single one of the other fragrance components and lovage is not mentioned at all.
But when my husband came home first, already in the hall asked "Mmmm, there is soup today?" and the returning offspring 2 hours later said "Here it somehow smells like Maggi...", it comforted me not to be so alone with this feeling in the world; ) - maybe it's the genes :D

I like this smell, often I still make soup even today, because I love it when the smell runs through the kitchen - but I don't want to smell like that myself.........
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Farneon
Balm for the young at heart
100 ml for less than 60 euros. I couldn't resist... and yet (fortunately) I have mistaken with my order. This was the case for the EDP (the EDT costs almost 30 Euro more for some reason), but it is now the first in my collection. I knew before that Guerlain created masterful fragrances, but I could never do much with them: too expensive, too classic, too conservative. And also with Héritage the first thing that came to my mind was: "Interesting, but certainly nothing for me!" Not because I'm too young for that, but because I just don't feel that old yet! ;-)

Because I generally prefer the fragrances that are recommended here for "younger people", even though they may have been on their back for over 20 years. What it was and is important for Héritage to survive the first quarter of an hour, because there something stinging and musty is drilling into my nose, which I would most likely attribute to lavender. And that not every lavender smells the same shows me already the three different kinds on my balcony. But after the top note the scent gets something balsamic, oriental, which I can simply describe as extremely pleasant and soothing.

It almost looks as if I've found my "winter fragrance", because everything I've tried so far in the sweet and spicy direction, I didn't really like: neither CH Men Privé nor Dior Homme Intense, neither D&G The One for Men nor Prada L'Homme. Always too powdery, too leathery, too strict or too pompous - at least to my taste. Not so Héritage! This is not a daredevil who wants to push himself in front of the crowd, not a prolet who rears up pompously, not a show-off bursting with narcissism. Simply a strong, distinguished and self-confident character who wants me to feel comfortable with him. And preferably a person close to me (!) at the same time!
8.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Héritage - the heritage of Jean-Paul Guerlain
Pure class!
Outstanding scent!
Subtle but strong! Strong but discrete! Discrete but noticeable! Noticeable but classy!
Very good longevity and sillage for the existing notes!
Is it one of the best perfumes I came across with? Probably! But that is also true for other Guerlain's fragrances. L'Instant Eau Extreme, L'Instant EDT, Habit Rouge and all its flankers, Vetiver Extreme, Mitsouko and Guerlain por Homme intense come to my mind.
This perfume is worth every cent!
In every stage you get some strong scents that combine in perfect harmony. You get strong lavender, light citrus and zimbro (Mediterranean juniper) in the top notes; spices, pink pepper and geranium in the middle notes; wood (sandal, cedar) and a strong clean patchouli in the base notes.
Other notes with minor intensity (for my nose at least) like aldehydes, moss, and amber, do contribute for the happy complexity and beauty of this totally masculine perfume.
What a gorgeous blending. This fragrance has been launched more than 25 years ago and remains a landmark perfume.

Enough said! I will probably get a backup bottle ASAP just for my peace of mind.

My global rate: 8.5~9.0/10.0
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Push that Button!
Here we are. My finger is on the button. Heritage, could it be the most beautiful perfume in the world.
I can smell in the air that I breathe and I love you. The perfume signs his name across my heart, I want him to be my baby. STOP, in the name of love, before you break my heart. Super Trouper beams are gonna blind me!
Cause' something‘s gotten hold of my heart, keeping my soul and my senses apart. It ain't nothing but a heartache. He's like the wind, to my dreams. He's like a knife, next to me. He takes me to the moonlight, only to burn me with the sun, he's breakin' my heart, he doesn't know what he's done.
Don't go breakin' my heart, I couldn't if I try! And it seems to me, Heritage lived it's life like a candle in the wind, never knowing who to cling to when the rain set in, and I would have liked to have known him, but I was just a kid, his candle burned out long before, his legend ever did.

Real heritage
Very subtle and classy. Warm,spicy and refined, women loves it. Very good for business time. One of the best from Guerlain s house.

Carlitos01 107 days ago
What a gorgeous patchouli blending. Heritage has been launched more than 25 years ago and remains a landmark perfume. Subtle but strong!+4
10.0
AmberScent 7 months ago
What an high quality patchouli bomb! I love this scent. It works like a youth potion. It's old school but makes you feel young and happy!+5

by Aggeliki
by Aggeliki
by Carlitos01
Guerlain Héritage Eau de Parfum, Batch Dezember 1993 (ex Pazuzu ;-) )
by Bertel
by Carlitos01
wunderschöner, schwerer refill flakon , ca.93....
by Couchlock
heritage edt und edp...mein dreamteam.
by Couchlock
by Vmaster
Guerlain -  Héritage 100ml EDP
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain