Idylle 2010 Eau de Toilette

Idylle (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Ora Ïto
Idylle (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesLily of the valleyLily of the valley PeonyPeony FreesiaFreesia White lilacWhite lilac
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli White muskWhite musk Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.06.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description
Nordnase
Like a star on a summer night...
.......
once sang an acclaimed pop star in the east of the country many years ago.

Young, beautiful and unspoiled (?)- I don't know if he still sings, but this song still rings in my ears. It was so unusually different and the guy was smart.....girls' hearts melted...

Like a star on a summer night, love is when it awakens radiant... Is the idyllic glow deceptive? The lovely bottle resembles a golden drop, noble and romantic at the same time, quite lady-like. Chic. Shines brightly and clearly through space and time - like a star from infinity...

Radiant and in full bloom opens idyll, lily of the valley, lilacs and fresias scream around the bet....Build a giant bouquet and sway with grasses and strong jasmine in colorful mess. The rose is almost without a chance. But it still joins in and all in all the crowd of blossoms becomes heavy, almost obtrusive. Loud fragrance idyll. It stays that way for now.

Then a slightly pungent, inexplicable note develops, is that supposed to be ylang-ylang? If, then very artificial. Musk I perceive only faintly, the floral is very loud, until the end. I used to like this fragrance, today it's too jumbled for me, too loud and the final pungent note bothers me (a little).

This fragrance is different, so quite atypical for Guerlain. The recognition experience is missing and at first moment I thought : this is a Guerlain ? Where is the typical DNA, where the subtlety ? There is none here. Restless floral clutter with a somewhat penetrating finish.

Idyll is different, as is the young singer's song of the time. Maladjusted- but endearing, not quietly and controversially-in love.

Still, we don't become friends, Idylle and the Frank's schmaltz.

Idylle and me - that was once upon a time. It has burned out.
It's spring!
I once had a sample of it several years ago, which I used up without analyzing it much at the time. It's one of the few scents I've asked for. I liked the scent haze so much. Now I'm testing it again and I notice that the sillage is really good. And I probably like it more from a distance. The fragrance itself is delicate, from the idea (not composition) I have to think of J'adore by Dior as a parallel. This is supposed to be a fragrance that is simply beautiful and harmonious. Without any loud tones or flashy colors. There's little sweetness in the beginning, it's more floral fresh. I like the development and the base. I probably wouldn't wear it when I need to show teeth and get claws out. More like for rest and relaxation. In terms of overall mood, Idylle reminds me of Comme une evidence by Yves Rocher and Rumeur by Lanvin

Nicer than the EDP
When they released Idylle EDP back in 2009, I was one of the first to sample, and while I found it a rather elegant floral with creamy rose accords, it also lacked something. I was hesitant to test Idylle EDT thinking it would be a lighter version of the original, yet I'm glad to say it's a very different composition.

Idylle EDT is a delightful Spring-like floral, essentially what I'd call 'sunshine in a bottle'. I swear there is a honey note in this composition, even though it's not listed, because there's a rather likable honeyed sweetness throughout this fragrance's development, particularly in the opening.

The heart is centered around a bright and refreshing blend of lily of the valley, ylang ylang, jasmine and lilac. The scent stays true to the bottle design; golden, sparkling and transparent. It has that uncanny ability to make one happy.

This fragrance was suggested to me in a forum discussion on what I should wear during the Summer months. I don't rock fruity scents all too well, so this fragrance with all its floral notes suits me perfectly and it also works in hot weather.

The longevity is actually quite impressive for an EDT, however I do have one slightly negative point that I feel I need to discuss. The drydown somehow turned into a strange musky concoction with a hint of stale sweetness. This drydown left me disappointed and irritable. There's no way I could keep this fragrance on my skin during this phase, so it turned very quickly into a scrubber.

Despite the rather bland conclusion to Idylle EDT, I must say that on a whole, this fragrance was enjoyable and certainly more interesting than its predecessor.

1 short view on the fragrance
Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
Sickeningly sweet watery floral...exactly my kryptonite. Is that a tiny bit of smokiness I smell?! Beautiful bottle; mediocre juice, IMO.

Images

7 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Cuir Béluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain