Insolence 2006 Eau de Toilette

Insolence (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Insolence (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
IrisIris
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.10.2021.

Hilary Swank is the face of the advertising campaign.

Love again and again
This fragrance I have immediately bought when it appeared, because I finally had the feeling to have found a fragrance that fully meets the criterion "PUDER".
And only this criterion;-) I can not for the life of me detect any other scent direction in the EDT of Insolence and that's a good thing. Exactly from it I had dreamed:
a fragrance that just wants to be pure soft powder and nothing else.

As I read here, many also perceive fruity components or synthethics or sweetness. This is probably due to the respective skin chemistry or even the weather.
In the summer I have never worn it, because it seems too heavy for me.
Generally, it is anything but a light fragrance, which has neat Wumms and holds and holds ...
Once applied, one takes him still hours, even days later in exactly the same strength and intensity perceived, which is also a quality criterion.
I find it is not a typical Guerlain fragrance, for it lacks the heavy sweetness and typical Guerlinade. But he is definitively a classic and a very unique fragrance that can be compared with no other. Is therefore also excellent as a signature fragrance.

I feel with him authentic and also sheltered, because one wanders in a constant, for the outside world quite perceptible powder cloud. If I should still make out something besides the powder, then that would be a slight bitterness, but also again underlines that it is in my perception a powder hammer without the here usually accompanied by sweetness as for example with "Teint de Neige".

What I also find very positive, that you can even perceive the fragrance clearly after a long time of wearing, you always feel accompanied by it, it does not fade, like so many others.
For me, a recurring perfume love :-)
My first Guerlain
My first and so far only Guerlain who remains, was recommended to me by the saleswoman. I have bought him again, this time with 100 ml from the offer. Since he has to share my closet with at least 10 other perfumes, my bottle will probably last forever
About the fragrance itself: I find it very appealing, flowery on the one hand but also mysterious on the other. Unfortunately I can't describe the individual components professionally, so I'll try to describe the effect of Insolence in simple terms. Freshly applied the floral notes are immediately appealing to me, I hardly smell any fruit, but there must be something, because the fragrance does not seem powdery to me. The iris comes out pretty quickly, accompanied by the rose. At the beginning everything was quite unspectacular. What I find most fascinating about Insolence is what remains. A mysterious warm scent, which appears very elegant and feminine, sweet but not too sweet, flowery but not suffocating and with that certain extra. Of course it looks different on everyone, but I find Insolence as a feminine and mysterious fragrance, which gives its wearer a touch of elegance and femininity. Very beautiful for autumn and winter. The durability is very good for me, sprayed on in the morning it is still perceptible in the evening, on clothes even for days.
Harielle
Afterbabyglow with genie in the bottle
June (or was it July?) 2006 Insolence was presented in Vienna in front of invited guests in the Museumsquartier in a wonderful setting - and I was allowed to be there! Very pregnant - and due to the heat at that time - and then breastfeeding, I didn't wear perfume for a while. My Insolence bottle kept laughing at me temptingly and mischievously from the shelf at home. One day in the fall of '06. In the beloved miss sixty jeans (fits again, yeah!), in addition the beloved green hooded coat and our little wonder in the bugaboo. Just before leaving the house, a touch of insolence on the wrists... Certainly an unusual combination of Insolence and Afterbabyglow. With the proud daddy off to the Werkzeug H in Vienna 15th The network eop has invited and together with other visitors we will visit the exhibits - also our baby will be "visited" and admired. Interesting discussions - who is currently doing what, when, with whom and where in Vienna/Austria/Germany/the rest of the world. Who came, who went, who, how, what.

My attention is always drawn to the baby in the car, is everything okay? Time to feed? Is it too loud in here? A mode that is automated over the years (as probably with all parents of small children). Always with a powdery touch of violets and red fruits. Discreet and homely it blows around
me. That Insolence, which has been characterized as "Godzilla Floral" and as "the most deliciously vulgar perfume on the market today" (Luca Turin), can trigger such feelings of well-being seems impossible.

Insolence is in fact a powerful fragrance that requires homeopathic dosage. Unfortunately, it often happened to me later that I did not consider this rule and therefore spoiled the pleasure of Insolence myself. Once I had not only applied a sprayer to my décolleté in the morning and already on my way to work I got a strong headache from the powder cloud that surrounded me Afterwards I gave my bottle away because I automatically associated Insolence with headaches.

By the way, my memory of Insolence refers to the first eau de toilette that was launched, which is very different from the eau de parfum that was released later. The Eau de Toilette starts with a very challenging fruity accented hairspray note that you can hardly escape. She always reminded me of a kind of cheeky, annoying (insolent!) but also fascinating genie in a bottle, who is buzzing around you with a raspberry-coloured cloud (yes, I smell raspberry, too). After about 30 minutes the genie in the bottle disappears and releases the nose for the orange blossom, rose and powdery violet (the latter I perceive most strongly) that now follows. Round and beautiful it becomes then in the base, the flowery chords merge with sandalwood, tonka bean and other notes of the traditional guerlinade. This reminds me distantly of the beautiful L`Heure Bleue - whereas Insolence is far more "riotous" and capricious from beginning to end.

For perfume fans and those who like to experiment, Insolence is a "must have" test, whereby one should not disregard the enormous intensity and bring time! Insolence is a perfume with high recognition value. For opera and restaurant visits, please use only minimal doses. After my experience with Chatelaine, which I apply exclusively in drop form, I can imagine to try it again with Insolence on occasion, although my baby is already 13 today and I am not really glowe.
Asphalt violet
I'm sure next spring will come. Wouldn't a sweet violet fragrance be just right for this beautiful season? And this is where Insolence comes in. According to the descriptions, this fragrance should come very close to my olfactory violet desire. Yesterday I finally had the opportunity to buy at least two of the Insolence perfumes - as you know there are some of them, among them limited editions and so on. - to test: the EdT and the EdP.

After everything I've read about them, I tend more towards EdP. But who knows?

Violets are certainly not easy to make into a good perfume if you want them to be something special. For me the scent has something nostalgic, in the worst case kitschy. Love letters, which can be found in old chests in the attic, are bound together with a purple silk ribbon. Faded handwriting on scooped paper. Does a violet scent still fit into our time at all? If so, then it must be a very successful creation and a master at work. If anyone succeeds, it'll be Guerlain. So I was allowed to be curious. The name also made me curious. Insolence means something like insolence, insolence. How can this go with a flower like violet, which is a symbol of modesty? Well, insolence isn't just violets. Nevertheless, I hope for a pleasant violet scent, with fresh, green notes, discreet and delicate, but also seductively feminine. From the mood I expect something like Pleasures from Estée Lauder: an elegant, flowery freshness, a bit cool and not too sweet.

I imagine the EdT to be easier, less intense. I spray it on the back of my right hand. On the left I test the EdP at the same time - for comparison.

The EdT surprises me right at the beginning with an abundance of floral and fruity notes - more precisely: berries. More precisely: red berries. In between, the hoped-for shades of green and a fragrant, smooth freshness quickly appear. An irrepressible fireworks display of red berries that dance up and down in a glass of pink champagne in a pearl whirl. It is difficult to define them more precisely. But do you have to? Finally flowery things prevail. There they are at last, my violets! Impetuously it blows them along as in a spring storm. With all strength and a spontaneous, strong presence that spreads rapidly, as if a door suddenly opens - to spring. Brightness is pouring in. Slowly the soft, sensual iris root strengthens the girlish, playful nature of the violet and gives it depth and something like a dark grace. The fragrance is now pleasantly powdery.

Orange blossoms contribute a heavy, soothing and creamy sweetness that briefly comes to the fore. But they can't compete with the wild, original power of violets. Fortunately, I find because I find the violets more interesting.

The fragrance is lively, but has a strong personality. The natural playfulness of the violets meets mature elegance and unites with it to an exciting fragrance pleasure that remains surprising. A mixture of longing, anticipation, enterprise and cheerfulness. Spring just now, at its best!
You won't find great drama and passion here. But inspiration, charm, youthful attitude to life, exuberance and optimism.

Towards the end the fragrance becomes warmer due to the resin and wood notes. But a hint of violets remains until the very end - very delicate and gracefully sweet.
The shelf life is good. The Sillage less.
For me, insolence is a typical spring fragrance: simple and adorable, but also lively, provocative, sometimes almost shrill. The violets here are not inconspicuous and modest, but unusually loud and wild, urban and cheeky. It's hard to believe what you can get out of a floral scent that you thought you already knew everything about.

Powdery Berry Candy
Insolence and its EDP version both share a very powdery texture. While the EDP focuses on the blue flowers, Insolence EDT has much more prominent raspberries' and red berries' sweet tartness. These red fruits are well mixed into violet and are difficult to discern one from another. However, their efforts for making the fragrance more playful are certainly easy to spot. Violet candy is an excellent comparison. However, it's certainly not a girly one who's begging for admiration, but one with extreme confidence and even a little bit of arrogance, whether it'll be appreciated or not.

I personally am more attracted by the EDP version as it's deeper. But with its moderate sillage and a longevity at least for 8h as well, I certainly would not mind adding it into my collection one day.

Candied violets with sweet raspberry
Insolence is not nearly as bad as what people make it out to be. It's unique, I'll give this fragrance credit for that. It's something you'll either love or hate.

I'll admit that I disliked the opening of this scent. The raspberry, bergamot, lemon and red berries were synthetically sweet and there was a strange medicinal type smell which reminded me of cough syrup. Not only that, but the scent was very strong and almost cloying.

However, an hour later Insolence softened into a beautiful, sweet and powdery violet and rose blend. The slightly medicinal scent remains, however in the heart it becomes bearable for me and adds a certain sense of uniqueness which I rather like.

Insolence is daring from beginning to end. I'm finding myself loving the strange sweetness and fabric softener type smell. It's odd yet somewhat sensual to my nose. With fantastic lasting power and sillage, I can't help admiring this fragrance.

I like it in the concentration that it is now. Although I haven't tested the Eau de Parfum version, I feel as if a stronger Insolence would be too much. If over applied, this fragrance could be a nightmare, but with a few small squirts, Insolence is enchanting.

by VanAllan
by VanAllan
by Nasti152
by Nasti152
SCHRÄGE  Duftpost
by Blödel
Lieber Fresh.. manchmal bin ich SCHRÄG drauf. So schlecht ist der Duft gar nicht
by beneo
by Lilau
by bloodflower
by bloodflower

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain