Insolence 2006Eau de Toilette

Insolence (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Insolence (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Raspberry, Red berries, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesResins, Iris, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.08.2020.

Hilary Swank is the face of the advertising campaign.

Harielle
Afterbabyglow with genie in the bottle
June (or was it July?) 2006 Insolence was presented in Vienna in front of invited guests in the Museumsquartier in a wonderful setting - and I was allowed to be there! Very pregnant - and due to the heat at that time - and then breastfeeding, I didn't wear perfume for a while. My Insolence bottle kept laughing at me temptingly and mischievously from the shelf at home. One day in the fall of '06. In the beloved miss sixty jeans (fits again, yeah!), in addition the beloved green hooded coat and our little wonder in the bugaboo. Just before leaving the house, a touch of insolence on the wrists... Certainly an unusual combination of Insolence and Afterbabyglow. With the proud daddy off to the Werkzeug H in Vienna 15th The network eop has invited and together with other visitors we will visit the exhibits - also our baby will be "visited" and admired. Interesting discussions - who is currently doing what, when, with whom and where in Vienna/Austria/Germany/the rest of the world. Who came, who went, who, how, what.

My attention is always drawn to the baby in the car, is everything okay? Time to feed? Is it too loud in here? A mode that is automated over the years (as probably with all parents of small children). Always with a powdery touch of violets and red fruits. Discreet and homely it blows around
me. That Insolence, which has been characterized as "Godzilla Floral" and as "the most deliciously vulgar perfume on the market today" (Luca Turin), can trigger such feelings of well-being seems impossible.

Insolence is in fact a powerful fragrance that requires homeopathic dosage. Unfortunately, it often happened to me later that I did not consider this rule and therefore spoiled the pleasure of Insolence myself. Once I had not only applied a sprayer to my décolleté in the morning and already on my way to work I got a strong headache from the powder cloud that surrounded me Afterwards I gave my bottle away because I automatically associated Insolence with headaches.

By the way, my memory of Insolence refers to the first eau de toilette that was launched, which is very different from the eau de parfum that was released later. The Eau de Toilette starts with a very challenging fruity accented hairspray note that you can hardly escape. She always reminded me of a kind of cheeky, annoying (insolent!) but also fascinating genie in a bottle, who is buzzing around you with a raspberry-coloured cloud (yes, I smell raspberry, too). After about 30 minutes the genie in the bottle disappears and releases the nose for the orange blossom, rose and powdery violet (the latter I perceive most strongly) that now follows. Round and beautiful it becomes then in the base, the flowery chords merge with sandalwood, tonka bean and other notes of the traditional guerlinade. This reminds me distantly of the beautiful L`Heure Bleue - whereas Insolence is far more "riotous" and capricious from beginning to end.

For perfume fans and those who like to experiment, Insolence is a "must have" test, whereby one should not disregard the enormous intensity and bring time! Insolence is a perfume with high recognition value. For opera and restaurant visits, please use only minimal doses. After my experience with Chatelaine, which I apply exclusively in drop form, I can imagine to try it again with Insolence on occasion, although my baby is already 13 today and I am not really glowe.
Asphalt violet
I'm sure next spring will come. Wouldn't a sweet violet fragrance be just right for this beautiful season? And this is where Insolence comes in. According to the descriptions, this fragrance should come very close to my olfactory violet desire. Yesterday I finally had the opportunity to buy at least two of the Insolence perfumes - as you know there are some of them, among them limited editions and so on. - to test: the EdT and the EdP.

After everything I've read about them, I tend more towards EdP. But who knows?

Violets are certainly not easy to make into a good perfume if you want them to be something special. For me the scent has something nostalgic, in the worst case kitschy. Love letters, which can be found in old chests in the attic, are bound together with a purple silk ribbon. Faded handwriting on scooped paper. Does a violet scent still fit into our time at all? If so, then it must be a very successful creation and a master at work. If anyone succeeds, it'll be Guerlain. So I was allowed to be curious. The name also made me curious. Insolence means something like insolence, insolence. How can this go with a flower like violet, which is a symbol of modesty? Well, insolence isn't just violets. Nevertheless, I hope for a pleasant violet scent, with fresh, green notes, discreet and delicate, but also seductively feminine. From the mood I expect something like Pleasures from Estée Lauder: an elegant, flowery freshness, a bit cool and not too sweet.

I imagine the EdT to be easier, less intense. I spray it on the back of my right hand. On the left I test the EdP at the same time - for comparison.

The EdT surprises me right at the beginning with an abundance of floral and fruity notes - more precisely: berries. More precisely: red berries. In between, the hoped-for shades of green and a fragrant, smooth freshness quickly appear. An irrepressible fireworks display of red berries that dance up and down in a glass of pink champagne in a pearl whirl. It is difficult to define them more precisely. But do you have to? Finally flowery things prevail. There they are at last, my violets! Impetuously it blows them along as in a spring storm. With all strength and a spontaneous, strong presence that spreads rapidly, as if a door suddenly opens - to spring. Brightness is pouring in. Slowly the soft, sensual iris root strengthens the girlish, playful nature of the violet and gives it depth and something like a dark grace. The fragrance is now pleasantly powdery.

Orange blossoms contribute a heavy, soothing and creamy sweetness that briefly comes to the fore. But they can't compete with the wild, original power of violets. Fortunately, I find because I find the violets more interesting.

The fragrance is lively, but has a strong personality. The natural playfulness of the violets meets mature elegance and unites with it to an exciting fragrance pleasure that remains surprising. A mixture of longing, anticipation, enterprise and cheerfulness. Spring just now, at its best!
You won't find great drama and passion here. But inspiration, charm, youthful attitude to life, exuberance and optimism.

Towards the end the fragrance becomes warmer due to the resin and wood notes. But a hint of violets remains until the very end - very delicate and gracefully sweet.
The shelf life is good. The Sillage less.
For me, insolence is a typical spring fragrance: simple and adorable, but also lively, provocative, sometimes almost shrill. The violets here are not inconspicuous and modest, but unusually loud and wild, urban and cheeky. It's hard to believe what you can get out of a floral scent that you thought you already knew everything about.

Powdery Berry Candy
Insolence and its EDP version both share a very powdery texture. While the EDP focuses on the blue flowers, Insolence EDT has much more prominent raspberries' and red berries' sweet tartness. These red fruits are well mixed into violet and are difficult to discern one from another. However, their efforts for making the fragrance more playful are certainly easy to spot. Violet candy is an excellent comparison. However, it's certainly not a girly one who's begging for admiration, but one with extreme confidence and even a little bit of arrogance, whether it'll be appreciated or not.

I personally am more attracted by the EDP version as it's deeper. But with its moderate sillage and a longevity at least for 8h as well, I certainly would not mind adding it into my collection one day.

Candied violets with sweet raspberry
Insolence is not nearly as bad as what people make it out to be. It's unique, I'll give this fragrance credit for that. It's something you'll either love or hate.

I'll admit that I disliked the opening of this scent. The raspberry, bergamot, lemon and red berries were synthetically sweet and there was a strange medicinal type smell which reminded me of cough syrup. Not only that, but the scent was very strong and almost cloying.

However, an hour later Insolence softened into a beautiful, sweet and powdery violet and rose blend. The slightly medicinal scent remains, however in the heart it becomes bearable for me and adds a certain sense of uniqueness which I rather like.

Insolence is daring from beginning to end. I'm finding myself loving the strange sweetness and fabric softener type smell. It's odd yet somewhat sensual to my nose. With fantastic lasting power and sillage, I can't help admiring this fragrance.

I like it in the concentration that it is now. Although I haven't tested the Eau de Parfum version, I feel as if a stronger Insolence would be too much. If over applied, this fragrance could be a nightmare, but with a few small squirts, Insolence is enchanting.

by Solomia
by Solomia
SCHRÄGE  Duftpost
by beneo
by beneo
Lieber Fresh.. manchmal bin ich SCHRÄG drauf. So schlecht ist der Duft gar nicht
by Kate130
by Lilau
by bloodflower
by bloodflower

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain