Iris Ganache 2007

Iris Ganache by Guerlain
Iris Ganache is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

CedarCedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
VanillaVanilla
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.01.2022.

This fragrance is part of the "L'Art et la Matière" collection.

the silent beauty
For some time I have problems with iris fragrances; many of the dry powdery beauties make me sneeze and cough and so our former harmony is somewhat disturbed.
And now, surprisingly, a bottling of "Iris Ganache" comes under my nose:
What will that be with us both probably?
On the one hand Iris, alone already the name betrays its dominance; on the other hand the mark Guerlain, nevertheless favored by me.
Finally, the decisive factor is "Ganache": I love this delicious chocolate cream mass! Curiosity once again triumphs over caution!

A creamy, deliciously chocolate-scented beauty takes a charming seat on my skin, spreading a hint of warming cinnamon; a hint of bergamot smiles kindly in the background. Fine is that: I could purr with pleasure!
Thus, the proud iris, wrapped in such a noble robe, for once not typically powdery comes along: the dreaded cough irritation remains out - how nice!
Instead, this so rich gourmandig fragrant composition seems to be planted on an earthy and woody-spicy ground: patchouli and cedar greet elegantly dosed and give so pleasant depth.
Probably to strengthen the first, so cuddly impression even more, a vanilla-warm musk envelope is woven - or is it a musk-warm vanilla envelope?
Iris thus appears here nobly robed and can be finally still adorned with some Ambergold.
An elegant fragrance jewel is completed.

Beautiful feels "Iris Ganache"; but unlike so many fragrance creations of this brand, this one remains very alien to me.
If the many classic fragrances of the gentlemen of all Guerlain generations tell me beautiful and interesting stories, "Iris Ganache", despite its beauty, remains mute to me!
To attribute this silence to perfumer Thierry Wasser would be easy.
But already many of his fragrance creations of the younger generation have entertained me well so far.
So it is not up to him!

So this proud iris, which is called iris in German and, unlike the rose, never hangs its head, just turns me off, despite the great accompanying fragrance notes!
She lures me, quite refined woman, with soft sensual creaminess and then leaves me on the track!

She is beautiful, this iris; she wraps herself skillfully in her rich scent robe and will certainly give a lot of pleasure - just not me, unfortunately: too bad!
But the house of Guerlain has given me so many beautiful fragrance gifts, that I can accept this rejection of the proud fragrance lady: we both just do not fit together!
Therefore: Adieu et bon voyage "Iris Ganache"!
MelOn
The most beautiful iris I have ever smelled
The fragrance is characterized from the first spray by a uniquely beautiful iris note. This comes creamy-powdery and gentle. I have never smelled anything like this before in an iris fragrance.
Unfortunately, in addition to the beautiful iris, an unpleasantly bitter yes almost dirty smell is perceptible, because of which I can not enjoy the beautiful iris aroma in peace. This fades a little in the first few minutes, but unfortunately it never disappears completely.
Unfortunately, I also can not imagine which fragrance component creates this smell.
After about an hour, however, I no longer perceive him at all.
Then the fragrance becomes very nice warm vanilla and beautiful. Musk nestles the whole thing to the skin.
A beautiful fragrance, would one but this one disturbing note can be extracted.
Despite everything, an iris that one, as a long-time perfume fan, simply must have smelled
Iris - the virgin goddess
Once upon a time, there was a goddess named Iris who smelled so good that even Aphrodite envied her enchanting glow. Iris was the incarnation of the rainbow. The maiden had the ability to create winds that always took her from one place to another. One day, the winged Iris flew across the countryside and decided to settle in a flowery scented meadow. She landed softly on the colorful ground and sauntered along with pleasure.

To begin with, she stopped at a shrub occupied by lush green balls - bergamot
Iris liked the scent of the dull fruit so she picked a bergamot and placed it in the fruit basket she made appear out of nowhere.
She walked further along the wild meadow and stopped at a plant hitherto unknown to her. It was surrounded by a fragrance that reminded her of how Aphrodite smelled. Here and there, purple flowers flashed through the green shrub - patchouli
Again, Iris decided to let a few of the blossoms slide into her basket. She already liked the mixture of the two scents in her basket, but Iris wasn't satisfied yet - she was missing something. Iris pondered back and forth until a light came to her.
The goddess had a plant with large flowers growing up out of the ground that smelled like herself. She liked the color of the patchouli flowers in her basket so much that she gave this plant purple flowers as well. Not really knowing what to call this virgin little plant, she decided to give it her own name - Iris.
The goddess quickly pinched off some of this shrubbery as well, until she slipped back into the winds. On her way back to Olympus, she pondered what was still missing from this mostly iris-scented basket. She thought of something sweet and creamy - vanilla
A pod of sweet happiness instantly appeared in her wooden basket. The iris-infused scent wafting towards her from the basket was becoming more and more pleasing. She added a mixture of different resins to finish it off, to neutralize the sweetness a bit - amber
To this she added a bit of musk, which made the scent attractive not only to immortals, but to humans and animals as well.

Now Iris was fully satisfied with her own creation and decided to bless herself with this liquid gold as often as she could
VelvetOrchid
My ultimate unicorn aka. my liquid happiness
Powdery, sweet iris melted in white chocolate mixed with vanilla. It's my signature scent that I always wear to make me feel more positive and happy and it works.

Soft, sweet, powdery and elegant - I want to be without him again!
FioreMarina
Chocolate powder for the soul
Has anyone here ever tried to start a petition? Or a petition to get the production of a fragrance resumed ?
Because if ever any perfume deserved it, this one did: Iris Ganache. There are simply scents that mankind should not be deprived of. Because that would be cruel Like banning chocolate when you're heartbroken. Like abolishing cuddly socks when it's dirty weather outside and you're homesick for the snow in the mountains. It's like not giving help; it's almost unethical and can't be justified by anything, and certainly not by sales difficulties, even if I don't believe that there have been any.
The very dear Nizza, to whom I owe the fragrance, put it in a nutshell: this perfume simply does good.
It's like a girlfriend who, after looking at your face, wordlessly puts a cup of hot tea on your table. Like the elderly gentleman who, on the crossing to Venice, puts his jacket over my shoulders, smiling, because he has noticed the goose hay on my upper arms, and the fabric smells sweet and tart. It is like when my mother cooked chocolate pudding for me because I felt sick and miserable.
So this is what Iris Ganache is: chocolate pudding for the soul.
The name alone sounds to me like a wonderful promise of a union of opposites, of the fact that both can be possible: To be cool and brittle and yet tender and soft.
The iris naturally plays the leading role in this fragrance. I do not perceive it as scratchy and dusty, nor as cold and glamorous as I often find it. Here she is a harsh friend, brittle, yes, and cool too. But by no means aloof. Her powdery scent remains from the beginning to the end, just like good friends should, and becomes softer, a little sweeter, maybe she puts on a touch of lipstick Interestingly, it is only sometimes, when I wear the fragrance, that I notice bergamot at the beginning. It looks fresh and a bit angular, but for me the white chocolate note is also very present from the beginning and wraps - like a real ganache - everything in a tenderly scented well-being. For me, the scent has only a hint of cinnamon; I think it is this, together with the white chocolate, that gives the fragrance this delicately melting character. Later a light almond note is added; perhaps it is also the vanilla that I perceive so. Amber and musk are probably the ones that give substance to the perfume and ground it. The soft vanilla and the powdery iris stay until the end, anyway.
Unlike other fragrances, the rather moderate projection of the scent does not bother me this time. I perceive it as a private one, as a gift for me and for people who are allowed to come close to me. A gift, by the way, that men can make to themselves just as well as women, at least from my point of view: gentleness has no gender.
My dears, if you can still get that scent, test it. It's definitely worth it.
Melted Iris
Slightly medical start, very pleasant between plaster and ointment and liquorice. Then it gets round and tasty, approaching more and more irises in melted light chocolate. Tender to melt. All in all, it is a little too round for me, even vanilla-sweet, a little too soft, too smooth, too gourmandig, but extremely beautifully made and with the light green sprinkles a real pleasure to test. And the gourmand powderiness already has a very noble seductive charm. So: complaining at the very highest level and pure matter of taste. Said the monkey and bit the soap.
DonJuanDeCat
If you want to smell as soft as a cat!
Have a nice evening and a great 1st Advent! :)
In the last three days I had only introduced moderate fragrances and thought that I could comment on a much more beautiful fragrance today. But what could I tell you about this time?

Let's see... here I sit now, look at my Christmas tree, which I have finally decorated, then look at my cat, who looks at the balls on the tree and probably asks himself how he could possibly get to them to roll them through the area and (once again) realize how soft and cuddly such little animals look and can be.

Which again leads me to this fragrance here, because this Guerlain fragrance is an iris fragrance and this fragrance is mostly perceived as very pleasantly soft and powdery with flowery sweetness. In addition, it states that vanilla and chocolate are also included, which also usually leads to an even more pleasant perception. In short, the fragrance reads from its scents as if it were as soft and pleasant as the coat of a cat :)

The scents even sound quite delicious. But I can't say the same for the hangover. He was just sitting in front of me, I stubbed his nose with my nose, then I stroked his head and then suddenly he had to yawn. And well... the smell of his yawn is... oh, let's not mention that :D
So rather hurry back to this scent here!

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with intense vanilla and also strong iris. Both fragrances provide for a gentle, powdery and slightly sweet fragrance, which smells very good and makes you smile the first time you notice it, because it looks so nice. In the background there seem to be light, flowery notes, and in the first seconds I had to think of liqueur when spraying it on.
The white chocolate takes its time, afterwards it actually has a chocolaty scent, but first of all it's not so intense (or mixes too fast with the vanilla, so that the scent appears "generally sweet" if you don't concentrate on it) and secondly it's hard to tell if it really smells like white chocolate. But it's just chocolaty, and so the scent is delicious and great :)
A little later the iris becomes quite strong. In the fragrance the vanilla is still the strongest fragrance, but right after it comes the iris, which as always has this very beautiful powdery and here even a slightly creamy aura. A little bit later the iris becomes even stronger, so that it becomes as strong as the vanilla and you can smell the iris from time to time and the vanilla from time to time.
Much later it actually smells as already described. The only difference is that the iris will wear off over time and the vanilla will smell a little more intense. But much later the fragrance starts to smell a little more flowery and heavy, in a slightly sultry way, but not as bad as e.g. some violent ylang-ylang fragrances, because the soft fragrances soften the sultriness a little bit, so that it stays good smelling, but the fragrance then looks a bit more mature. I personally could have done without these somewhat muggier floral notes, but that's not so bad now and I also think that you ladies won't mind that much. All in all a very beautiful fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
In the beginning, the charisma is more subtle, but over time it gets a little better when the fragrance unfolds better. It does not become a firecracker and is therefore not necessarily very room-filling, but at normal distance or when walking past it could be noticed well.
The shelf life is quite good, as it can be smelt for more than twelve hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular, narrow and high. It is of very high quality, which is immediately noticeable when handling the flacon. One of the side walls consists of a gold plaque showing the name of the fragrance and the logo. Normally these flacons used to come with an atomizer or pump ball, but unfortunately they are no longer included. That's a bit unfortunate, because the bottle looks a bit simpler without the pump ball. The advantage, however, is that a simple spray head is also easier to use. All in all a beautiful bottle!

Soo, as if I hadn't already guessed it, this fragrance has turned out wonderfully. He is gentle, he smells good, he has a sufficiently good Sillage, he has beautiful fragrances and he is like a cat. Well... for the last point you have to have a little imagination, but the fragrance is soft and beautiful in any case! Somehow he's got something from Prada's also very excellent Infusion d'Iris.
All right, the later base here at the Guerlain is a little heavier flowery. But I don't find that so bad here, because the more beautiful scents predominate. And this aversion to heavy and sultry flowery scents mostly only affects me, so I think most of you ladies should really like the scent.

Aaaah yeah... as a guy I could imagine such a fragrance in your ladies. But now you should tell me how you ladies find gentle scents e.g. with iris in guys, because the scent is finally indicated as unisex :D
However, I find the fragrance quite feminine myself, because that's how many iris fragrances with soft and soft notes are. Sure, there are exceptions, like Dior Homme, which also contains Iris, but here with this fragrance you will notice right from the first spray that the fragrance is actually a pure women's fragrance.

Apart from that, cats are more associated with ladies than with guys, isn't that right? Just think of Catwoman DD... where... there is also a super villain called Cat-Man... ufff...!! Anyway, I'm digressing too much again. But I'm telling you: You must have tried this fragrance, it smells very nice and could really please many of you. And it's usable almost like an all-rounder, maybe not in midsummer, but spring, autumn and winter always go, on various occasions, whether job, in the spare time, to cuddle (oohhh that in any case! :D) or in the evening or when going out! It should always arrive well and look great! :)

Well, go and try it. It's a shame that it belongs to the more expensive fragrances, but as an alternative you could also try Prada's Infusion d'Iris, where Prada's fragrance unfortunately has a low sillage, but later doesn't get any slightly sultry-floral notes either.

So that's it, then. Have a nice evening! :)

CuteChemist
The fragrance love of my life!
It's hard to put into words how I feel about this perfume. It's magical. I am sooo lucky to have obtained a bottle (and one more on the way! Yippeee!) of this gem. I never realized I was an iris lover until this beauty came my way. At first it's fresh, with a dash of bergamot, but the iris appears right out of the gate. The perfume settles slightly into a very lovely, feminine, bright iris. I don't really get any cinnamon, but then again I haven't really looked for it. When that intoxicating iris eventually leaves it's a little sad, but then the beautiful drydown leaves you wanting more. It's a soft, powdery, sweet, white chocolate and vanilla confection bordering on gourmand but still classic and lovely, as only Guerlain can do. I feel so feminine, sexy, and classy wearing this scent, and it has just enough vanillic sweetness to satisfy my sweet tooth. To me it's utter perfection, and were it not for the outrageous price and unicorn-like availability, I would have to consider this my signature.

sweet iris
I was lucky to buy a decant, as this perfume is discontinued and difficult to find (although it was expensive and hard to find in these parts anyway).

The top notes remind me of vintage face powder or lipstick. Cinnamon can easily annoy me in a perfume, but I did not notice it much here. The fragrance develops into a decadent white chocolate bark coated-iris. This is in the same vein of Loukhoum eau Poudree, but Iris Ganache is smoother and sweeter. Vanilla in the drydown keeps this sweets train going.

I can see why there is such a following for this as it is certainly "delicious", but I am content with my little vial.

Coutureguru
Different enough to intrigue ...
I like Iris ... I really do! Guerlain's Iris Ganache is definitely 'up there' in my estimation of fragrances based around this note.

The Iris here is not of the root variety (Orris) ... at least to my nose. There is a luminosity present ... a 'silveriness' is probably the best way to describe it, which doesn't feature in Orris-bound fragrances, like Opus V by Amouage. Now, I'm not sure if Orris and Iris are the same thing. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the scent of Iris always comes from the roots ... so I may be wrong in my estimation here. Nevertheless, Iris Ganache displays a lovely lightness, at least for the first half hour of its skin life. Into the dry down, a rather moribund Patchouli settles in, saved only from imminent death by a sweet Van/Amber to give it a little CPR. I'm really not sure the Patch was necessary here ... but I suppose it does add to the longevity of this fragrance, which is reasonably substantial. I assume that White Chocolate was added to provide a sort of 'sweet milkiness', but It doesn't feature on my skin. Suffice it to say ... there is a smoothness in this one, a testament to good blending and the use of high quality raw materials.
I've seen Iris Ganache compared to 1889 Moulin Rouge by Histoires de Parfums. Yes ... I can see certain parallels ... they both contain hard hitting similarities as far as notes go. Patchouli, Cinnamon, Vanilla and Iris tend to be strong competitors when housed in the same bottle ... what Iris Ganache lacks imho, is the evocative nature of Moulin Rouge.
While this fragrance is marketed at the fairer sex, I certainly wouldn't discount it as something the guys could successfully wear, as long as one enjoys fragrances that are on the sweeter side. This effort by Thierry Wasser stays well enough away from the 'saccharine' to be considered unisex.

Would I wear Iris Ganache? Definitely! Am I willing to sell an organ for it? No ... the ludicrous asking price for these Guerlain exclusives is tragic! I would, however, enjoy a small decant of this one :) ... that would be plenty! I understand that this offering is now officially discontinued ... best I track some down before it's all gone!

by Marta
Guerlain bringt die Saiten der Gitarre zum Klingen...
by Allein
by Allein
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain