Iris Ganache 2007

Iris Ganache by Guerlain
8.2 / 10 266 Ratings
Iris Ganache is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot White chocolateWhite chocolate CinnamonCinnamon
Heart Notes Heart Notes IrisIris PatchouliPatchouli CedarCedar
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber VanillaVanilla White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.01.2023.
This fragrance is part of the "L'Art et la Matière" collection.

13 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 29
Chocolate powder for the soul
Has anyone here ever tried to start a petition? Or a petition to get the production of a fragrance resumed ?
Because if ever any perfume deserved it, this one did: Iris Ganache. There are simply scents that mankind should not be deprived of. Because that would be cruel Like banning chocolate when you're heartbroken. Like abolishing cuddly socks when it's dirty weather outside and you're homesick for the snow in the mountains. It's like not giving help; it's almost unethical and can't be justified by anything, and certainly not by sales difficulties, even if I don't believe that there have been any.
The very dear Nizza, to whom I owe the fragrance, put it in a nutshell: this perfume simply does good.
It's like a girlfriend who, after looking at your face, wordlessly puts a cup of hot tea on your table. Like the elderly gentleman who, on the crossing to Venice, puts his jacket over my shoulders, smiling, because he has noticed the goose hay on my upper arms, and the fabric smells sweet and tart. It is like when my mother cooked chocolate pudding for me because I felt sick and miserable.
So this is what Iris Ganache is: chocolate pudding for the soul.
The name alone sounds to me like a wonderful promise of a union of opposites, of the fact that both can be possible: To be cool and brittle and yet tender and soft.
The iris naturally plays the leading role in this fragrance. I do not perceive it as scratchy and dusty, nor as cold and glamorous as I often find it. Here she is a harsh friend, brittle, yes, and cool too. But by no means aloof. Her powdery scent remains from the beginning to the end, just like good friends should, and becomes softer, a little sweeter, maybe she puts on a touch of lipstick Interestingly, it is only sometimes, when I wear the fragrance, that I notice bergamot at the beginning. It looks fresh and a bit angular, but for me the white chocolate note is also very present from the beginning and wraps - like a real ganache - everything in a tenderly scented well-being. For me, the scent has only a hint of cinnamon; I think it is this, together with the white chocolate, that gives the fragrance this delicately melting character. Later a light almond note is added; perhaps it is also the vanilla that I perceive so. Amber and musk are probably the ones that give substance to the perfume and ground it. The soft vanilla and the powdery iris stay until the end, anyway.
Unlike other fragrances, the rather moderate projection of the scent does not bother me this time. I perceive it as a private one, as a gift for me and for people who are allowed to come close to me. A gift, by the way, that men can make to themselves just as well as women, at least from my point of view: gentleness has no gender.
My dears, if you can still get that scent, test it. It's definitely worth it.
Top Review 15
If you want to smell as soft as a cat!
Have a nice evening and a great 1st Advent! :)
In the last three days I had only introduced moderate fragrances and thought that I could comment on a much more beautiful fragrance today. But what could I tell you about this time?

Let's see... here I sit now, look at my Christmas tree, which I have finally decorated, then look at my cat, who looks at the balls on the tree and probably asks himself how he could possibly get to them to roll them through the area and (once again) realize how soft and cuddly such little animals look and can be.

Which again leads me to this fragrance here, because this Guerlain fragrance is an iris fragrance and this fragrance is mostly perceived as very pleasantly soft and powdery with flowery sweetness. In addition, it states that vanilla and chocolate are also included, which also usually leads to an even more pleasant perception. In short, the fragrance reads from its scents as if it were as soft and pleasant as the coat of a cat :)

The scents even sound quite delicious. But I can't say the same for the hangover. He was just sitting in front of me, I stubbed his nose with my nose, then I stroked his head and then suddenly he had to yawn. And well... the smell of his yawn is... oh, let's not mention that :D
So rather hurry back to this scent here!

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins with intense vanilla and also strong iris. Both fragrances provide for a gentle, powdery and slightly sweet fragrance, which smells very good and makes you smile the first time you notice it, because it looks so nice. In the background there seem to be light, flowery notes, and in the first seconds I had to think of liqueur when spraying it on.
The white chocolate takes its time, afterwards it actually has a chocolaty scent, but first of all it's not so intense (or mixes too fast with the vanilla, so that the scent appears "generally sweet" if you don't concentrate on it) and secondly it's hard to tell if it really smells like white chocolate. But it's just chocolaty, and so the scent is delicious and great :)
A little later the iris becomes quite strong. In the fragrance the vanilla is still the strongest fragrance, but right after it comes the iris, which as always has this very beautiful powdery and here even a slightly creamy aura. A little bit later the iris becomes even stronger, so that it becomes as strong as the vanilla and you can smell the iris from time to time and the vanilla from time to time.
Much later it actually smells as already described. The only difference is that the iris will wear off over time and the vanilla will smell a little more intense. But much later the fragrance starts to smell a little more flowery and heavy, in a slightly sultry way, but not as bad as e.g. some violent ylang-ylang fragrances, because the soft fragrances soften the sultriness a little bit, so that it stays good smelling, but the fragrance then looks a bit more mature. I personally could have done without these somewhat muggier floral notes, but that's not so bad now and I also think that you ladies won't mind that much. All in all a very beautiful fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
In the beginning, the charisma is more subtle, but over time it gets a little better when the fragrance unfolds better. It does not become a firecracker and is therefore not necessarily very room-filling, but at normal distance or when walking past it could be noticed well.
The shelf life is quite good, as it can be smelt for more than twelve hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular, narrow and high. It is of very high quality, which is immediately noticeable when handling the flacon. One of the side walls consists of a gold plaque showing the name of the fragrance and the logo. Normally these flacons used to come with an atomizer or pump ball, but unfortunately they are no longer included. That's a bit unfortunate, because the bottle looks a bit simpler without the pump ball. The advantage, however, is that a simple spray head is also easier to use. All in all a beautiful bottle!

Soo, as if I hadn't already guessed it, this fragrance has turned out wonderfully. He is gentle, he smells good, he has a sufficiently good Sillage, he has beautiful fragrances and he is like a cat. Well... for the last point you have to have a little imagination, but the fragrance is soft and beautiful in any case! Somehow he's got something from Prada's also very excellent Infusion d'Iris.
All right, the later base here at the Guerlain is a little heavier flowery. But I don't find that so bad here, because the more beautiful scents predominate. And this aversion to heavy and sultry flowery scents mostly only affects me, so I think most of you ladies should really like the scent.

Aaaah yeah... as a guy I could imagine such a fragrance in your ladies. But now you should tell me how you ladies find gentle scents e.g. with iris in guys, because the scent is finally indicated as unisex :D
However, I find the fragrance quite feminine myself, because that's how many iris fragrances with soft and soft notes are. Sure, there are exceptions, like Dior Homme, which also contains Iris, but here with this fragrance you will notice right from the first spray that the fragrance is actually a pure women's fragrance.

Apart from that, cats are more associated with ladies than with guys, isn't that right? Just think of Catwoman DD... where... there is also a super villain called Cat-Man... ufff...!! Anyway, I'm digressing too much again. But I'm telling you: You must have tried this fragrance, it smells very nice and could really please many of you. And it's usable almost like an all-rounder, maybe not in midsummer, but spring, autumn and winter always go, on various occasions, whether job, in the spare time, to cuddle (oohhh that in any case! :D) or in the evening or when going out! It should always arrive well and look great! :)

Well, go and try it. It's a shame that it belongs to the more expensive fragrances, but as an alternative you could also try Prada's Infusion d'Iris, where Prada's fragrance unfortunately has a low sillage, but later doesn't get any slightly sultry-floral notes either.

So that's it, then. Have a nice evening! :)
Very helpful Review 8
Melted Iris
Slightly medical start, very pleasant between plaster and ointment and liquorice. Then it gets round and tasty, approaching more and more irises in melted light chocolate. Tender to melt. All in all, it is a little too round for me, even vanilla-sweet, a little too soft, too smooth, too gourmandig, but extremely beautifully made and with the light green sprinkles a real pleasure to test. And the gourmand powderiness already has a very noble seductive charm. So: complaining at the very highest level and pure matter of taste. Said the monkey and bit the soap.
VelvetOrchid
My ultimate unicorn aka. my liquid happiness
Powdery, sweet iris melted in white chocolate mixed with vanilla. It's my signature scent that I always wear to make me feel more positive and happy and it works.

Soft, sweet, powdery and elegant - I want to be without him again!

Top Review 6
Different enough to intrigue ...
I like Iris ... I really do! Guerlain's Iris Ganache is definitely 'up there' in my estimation of fragrances based around this note.

The Iris here is not of the root variety (Orris) ... at least to my nose. There is a luminosity present ... a 'silveriness' is probably the best way to describe it, which doesn't feature in Orris-bound fragrances, like Opus V by Amouage. Now, I'm not sure if Orris and Iris are the same thing. I seem to remember reading somewhere that the scent of Iris always comes from the roots ... so I may be wrong in my estimation here. Nevertheless, Iris Ganache displays a lovely lightness, at least for the first half hour of its skin life. Into the dry down, a rather moribund Patchouli settles in, saved only from imminent death by a sweet Van/Amber to give it a little CPR. I'm really not sure the Patch was necessary here ... but I suppose it does add to the longevity of this fragrance, which is reasonably substantial. I assume that White Chocolate was added to provide a sort of 'sweet milkiness', but It doesn't feature on my skin. Suffice it to say ... there is a smoothness in this one, a testament to good blending and the use of high quality raw materials.
I've seen Iris Ganache compared to 1889 Moulin Rouge by Histoires de Parfums. Yes ... I can see certain parallels ... they both contain hard hitting similarities as far as notes go. Patchouli, Cinnamon, Vanilla and Iris tend to be strong competitors when housed in the same bottle ... what Iris Ganache lacks imho, is the evocative nature of Moulin Rouge.
While this fragrance is marketed at the fairer sex, I certainly wouldn't discount it as something the guys could successfully wear, as long as one enjoys fragrances that are on the sweeter side. This effort by Thierry Wasser stays well enough away from the 'saccharine' to be considered unisex.

Would I wear Iris Ganache? Definitely! Am I willing to sell an organ for it? No ... the ludicrous asking price for these Guerlain exclusives is tragic! I would, however, enjoy a small decant of this one :) ... that would be plenty! I understand that this offering is now officially discontinued ... best I track some down before it's all gone!