L'Heure Bleue Eau de Parfum

L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design: Raymond Guerlain
L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) (Guerlain)
L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesAniseed, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Neroli
Base Notes Base NotesIris, Violet, Vanilla, Benzoin, Tonka bean

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.09.2018

Pleasantly surprised
I like the current EDP, it seems to have a bit of the magic I missed early on. It is said you are a Shalimar person or a LHB person, I don't own the pillar that is Shalimar but I do have lots of spin-offs (flankers) in Eau de Cologne, Cologne 2015, Parfum Initial, PI L'Eau and Eau de Shalimar. LHB's only, sort of, flanker is L'Heure Nuit, rather obscure now. Recent online conversations with Honey Bees (Guerlain fans) confirm that the current LHB in EDP form may be alarming at first spray, however, it settles into its name very nicely, the blue velvet interlude of twilight, a more perfumey version, less mothbally than in the past, more carnation, a little rosier, less doughy.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
A Most Beautiful Fragrance That I Could Never Be Without
Top Notes: Anise, Coriander, Neroli, Bergamot, Lemon.

Heart Notes: Carnation, Orchid, Jasmine, Cloves, Neroli, Heliotrope, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Violet, Tuberose.

Base Notes: Iris, Sandalwood, Musk, Benzoin, Vanilla, Vetiver, Tonka Bean.

I wanted to try some of the classic Guerlain fragrances a few years ago, including Mitsouko, Apres L'ondee, and L'Heure Bleue. L'Heure Bleue is the first one I tried, and I was/am very happy with it. I can see why this is considered a classic. It smells heavenly!! (I have fallen totally in love with it. : )

L'Heure Bleue is soft, fresh, clean, feminine, and yes, powdery, too. It has a fresh, fairly intense floral base. (It is considered an "Oriental" or "semi-Oriental.") Initially, it has a moderate++ sillage, and after two or three hours, it wears fairly close to the skin, at least on me. It smells like the kind of fragrance one wears to "dress up" for a special evening, so its name is very apropos. I like it enough to know that it will be a staple in my collection for all the years to come. It does not smell like any other fragrance I own.

Many young ladies these days do not like anything that smells powdery. They prefer fragrances that smell candy sweet. L'Heure is not that kind of fragrance. If you do NOT like a fairly strong powdery note to your fragrance, then this is not the scent for you. However, if you do like or do not mind a powdery, make-up-E scent, then I think you will like L'Heure Bleue.

L'Heure Bleue makes me think of ladies in long gloves, long evening gowns, with upswept hair and sparkling jewels. It is very elegant and feminine to be sure. It is alluring but not overtly "sexual," if that makes sense. If you want to at least try some of the classics, then this one is definitely one to try. You might even fall in love with it as I did. : )

Fragrance: 10/10
Projection: 9/10
Sillage: 9/10
Longevity: 7/10
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Masterpiece
OH, L'Heure Bleue! Scattered dreams that reach the sky... How could I describe the "blue miracle"? How could I evoke its beauty? L'Heure bleue was not mine, but I was truly his. He made me kneel through its beauty, embraced my soul, kissed it and gave it back to me stigmatized with his memory. Oh, how I love this perfume!

The perfume seems rather melancholic, but it is such a sweet melacholy! I got lost in its bittersweet depht.

I feel like I do not even know how to describe such perfect blended, refined notes. Iris, heliotrope, carnation and tuberose live in symbiosis, they would die one without the other and all that would remain behind would be a trail of smoke...

Resins and vanilla join and make the fragrance's composition more rounder, also adding more mistery. Towards the end I feel pretty good sandalwood among other notes that I can individualize. The composition is too homogenic, the notes blend gently, telling different stories. Rose feels very vague ... it's more of a shadow, a memory.

I would wear L'Heure Bleue on my wedding day. It's melancholic, but it's for brides who, just for a moment, close their eyes and let it leak a tear for the sake of things left behind by the time that has elapsed.
A comforting blanket
I'm not especially good with notes, and when you are trying to tear apart notes for classic Guerlain, I find it even more daunting. So I won't try.

First, let me say how curious I find some of the reviews below. But then, I often notice that we all react very differently to fragrance. Cold? Dusty? Mothballs? Antiseptic??!!???

To me, this is a fragrance that takes me to a warm, safe cocoon. It's softer than soft, protective. The powder is certainly there in the drydown, but it's not alone. There is sweet sophistication, like cashmere and feathers.

I own both vintage extrait and current EdP and I love both. Oh, and some vintage Lotion Vegetale. I enjoy all three and often layer them together to get the full effect of my favorite comfort scent. When I wear L'Heure Bleue, I feel more like a woman, full grown, strong, yet also a safe haven for others. It's comforting, I'm comforting. It's a classic for a reason.
Scent 7.5/10
Melancholic beauty
I recently bought a vintage edt (batch code 2004 - I'm not sure if it can already be labeled as vintage after 10 years).

L'Heure Bleue is very different from my other perfumes. I mostly wear less complex scents (not counting my beloved Shalimar). But I have to admit that if I am in the mood for L'Heure Bleue it's very pretty. I perceive L'HB as very much belonging to a different, more romantic and melancholic, period.

First of all it's very sweet to my nose, also it's very powdery and some might even say it's soapy (my husband thinks L'HB smells like soap and mothballs - I guess it's not very appealing to his nose). To me however it's more a potpourri flower fragrance, which almost feels like incense with a remarkable (unexpected) musky drydown. L'Heure Bleue is thick, complex, strong and powdery.

Like I said I have to be carefull wearing this, as it can easily overwhelm me. But applied in small dosages and the right state of mind it simply smells perfect.
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
A Unicorn
When I first sniffed my sample of L'Heure Bleue I was so startled I closed the vial and lay it by the edge of my keyboard where I could peep at it now and then, much as one would hide behind a tree and peep if suddenly come upon a unicorn. I simply couldn't believe it. Many days later, I tried it again and, once more, couldn't believe it. None of the listed notes can account for this extravagant smell, much like the words horse, white and horn can't create a mythic animal. Bergamot is just bergamot and violet violet, after all. L'Heure Bleue, for me, is actual magic. And I'm talking the current version. I wore it when I remarried my guy. When it's time to die, I hope I'll be wearing either Bal à Versailles, Vikt, Jeke or this. Very hard to be analytical about this fragrance, but I'll try. The intense heart of carnation and neroli blasts up into the top note next to bergamot as if a sudden, opulent masquerade ball broke out in your living room. Vanilla is strong from the start, but there's simply got to be more to this fragrance than this. There must be a little musk from Sita's deer in the Ramayana, or perhaps amber from the golden tears of the daughters of the sun, crying over their brother Phaethon's grave. Sigh. (So much for analytical.) I tried to purchase a vintage version but ended up with a used bottle of what smelled like cherry syrup. Will try again at some point because I hear the original is even better than this, if that's possible. In short, I wasn't sure if I'd love or hate L'Heure Bleue on first sniff. I just kept peeping at it now and then until I realized this unicorn is real.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
Not for me...
Count me in amongst the haters of this classic and universally loved scent. All I get here is antisceptic soapiness. This review is for the current version, not the vintage which I haven't tried and could possibly be a stunner, but, alas I'll never know. Bleeech for me, worthy of a scrubdown...
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Blue Hours Can be Beautiful
What can one say that's not yet said about a perfume whose name casts a big shadow and is on the same shelf as Mitsouko, Jicky, Vol de Nuit, Liu & Shalimar? Classics that helped define our taste in perfume. Countless of people grew up with these scents as the epitome of french perfumery...Long before Chanel made a name for herself Guerlain was selling these beauties that still are coveted by reputation alone. Complicated classics that might confuse, nay even repel the modern perfume palate.

So, what do I think of this much discussed and reviewed L’Heure Bleue? Well, after reading some reviews I came across sentences like: "it smells sad" - "It smells dusty like an old attic" et cetera. I understand these statements, or, more accurately, I understand what evokes them. L'Heure Bleue is very unusual and very polarising, I understand both ends of the spectrum that people feel/smell in it.

To a nose that has never smelled L'Heure Bleue before and might not have smelled anything like it...it might come as an olfactory shock! Moth balls? Hospital hallways that just got cleaned with an antiseptic? Dusty rooms? Oh, dear! Poor LHB, I make her sound as though I feel the same...I don't; I love her because she is unique, unforgiving, ever-changing and represents her era so impressively well.

But she also reminds me of a lot of things that I love: Antique book-shops where a lady just walked through the aisles perusing books as she permeated the air with a light floral perfume that mingled with the stories in the books...paper and florals, and I inhale deeply thinking of all the adventures, dramas and love stories locked up in these books that are waiting to be released by the reader.
I smell the ancient Roman-Greco wings of the British Museum where the mummies are wrapped in linen that was scented with precious oils and adorned long ago with wilted and dried flowers....Do they really still permeate any floral scent? Perhaps not, perhaps it is in my imagination...I mingled the images of the dried floral wreaths and oil amphoras with the slightly dusty smell of old civilisations that fascinated me my whole life.

LHB is not just something you can discern and explain by listing the notes and trying to see which ones your nose can pick up. No, to me LHB is a mood that captures you --for good or bad-- you must smell LHB and see what trip it takes your senses & imagination on. It's a time-machine in a bottle that might transport some of us to their (great)grandmothers bedroom where she always had fresh flowers on her vanity next to her luxurious body powder with big fluffy puff. Or, to a Cathedral where you walked in on a sunny day...it's warm and bright outside, a big contrast with the cool, solemn mood of the inside where the smell of beeswax candles, polished pews, hymn books and the flowers on the altar mingle into an image of all the prayers that were spoken.

LHB is kaleidoscope of nostalgia is every drop, and nostalgia conjures up many different moods. I love LHB because I have always been fascinate with history, old books & antiques. But what I love most is that LHB makes me travel back to many nostalgic places from my own past...it mirrors the nostalgia of your own life too......It does that, you see.

Even when one loves/likes LHB it's a scent you have to be in the mood for; I wear it as such...To bed when I am reading before sleep. To the office...when I know its going to be a busy day, because it's such a calming scent to me. On an autumnal walk with the dog...or to a party - It's all up to the wearer.

LHB is special and most certainly a required taste. Don't be sad if she isn't for your chemistry/olfactory. Not all people like to revel in the dust of time. Just make sure you sniff/test her at least once in your life...Because she is a scent every Perfumista should have experienced.

Silage is: I could embrace you forever and keep you safe - Longevity is: One century of memories and countless flowers.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Endothermia or The Coldest of All Possible Perfumes
I have both the eau de toilette and the eau de parfum of L'HEURE BLEUE, neither of which I wear more than about once a year, believe it or not. Sounds like I hate this perfume, right? But I do not! Is this a contradiction? Am I hoarding L'HEURE BLEUE for fear that twenty-first-century LVMH-supervised bottles may contain inferior liquids inside? No.

The truth is that I rarely feel like wearing L'HEURE BLEUE, and yet I do not find it ugly and in fact find it even rather appealing, in a cold and intellectual way. I've seen many people compare L'HEURE BLEUE to APRES L'ONDEE, which is to me a mistake. APRES L'ONDEE is so human and fragile, while L'HEURE BLEUE is cold and clinical, like a scalpel of the soul.

Yet I like it. Back when it was named, "blue" would have seemed the perfect way to describe this pensive, introspective creation. After the aquatic blue movement some decades later, "blue" no longer seems quite right because that term has been usurped by the tsunami of calone-based, seasickness-inducing, vat-produced "no plants were sacrificed in the production of this perfume" juice.

L'HEURE BLEUE to me is akin to an endothermic chemical reaction. Exothermic reactions give off heat. Endothermic reactions absorb heat, sucking energy in and creating a lower temperature than before the reactants were mixed together. L'HEURE BLEUE does not meld with the skin to become a warm cozy seductive perfume. L'HEURE BLEUE is like Spock or a sociopath--someone totally devoid of any human emotions and warmth.

This is not a romantic elixir. L'HEURE BLEUE is the perfect perfume for an eccentric recluse or an anchorite. Wear L'HEURE BLEUE and use its pointed nib to write a poem, all alone.
Scent 6.0/10
Disappointingly ... not for me!
From the Guerlain website:

"The sun has set, but night has not yet fallen. It’s the suspended hour… The hour when one finally finds oneself in renewed harmony with the world and the light. L’Heure Bleue is the moment when the sun disappears beneath the horizon and the sky is painted with night’s velvet. It is an atmosphere, an inexpressible rendering exceptional moments.

L’Heure Bleue was born in 1912 of the fleeting sensation that inspired the Impressionist painters whose works Jacques Guerlain collected. He pictured this bouquet of roses softened with iris, violet and vanilla, which evoke his favorite moment of the day when, as he put it, “the night has not yet found its star” and all of nature’s elements are cast in blue light."

I am testing the EDT, a decant of which was sent to me by EvaK (thank you!!) when she learned that I'd never tried this classic fragrance.

I am truly puzzled by it! If this is a bouquet of roses softened by the twilight then I should ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. To be quite honest, on my skin L'Heure Bleue has absolutely no mystery whatsoever ... she simply sits there, dower-like, smelling strongly of talcum powder and faintly of mothballs ... and very much like a vase of dried roses made to smell by adding potpourri oils. It's very sad!
To add insult to injury I just nipped over to my long suffering guinea pig's house (my adorable mother teehee) and hit her with a few hefty sprays to make sure I wasn't going out of my mind. "Ooooh," she coo-ed ... "that's gorgeous!". Now to put things into perspective, my Mom is a glamorous 68 year old who could pass for 52. On her, L'Heure Bleue erupts into the most beautiful cascade of scintillating hesperidic top notes before softening to a glorious symphony of soft florals in a lipstick like base of Iris and powdery woods. It's just fabulous!!
Back on my skin ... there she sits ... Whistler's Mother, cackling maniacally and smacking her toothless gums (no disrespect to Whistler intended) ... how unfair!! Truly ... all I get from L'Heure Bleue is overdone, plasticky violet and the aforementioned heaps of talcum. So sorry Eva ... I tried to love it!!

All of that said ... when I smell how beautiful this is on my Mother I can see what all the fuss is about. Her birthday is in two weeks ... I think I'll treat her to some! I could certainly enjoy someone in my life smelling that way :) ...
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Dying Swan
L'Heure Bleue in its current formulation never interested me much. It always struck me as the wallflower sister of the classic Guerlain family of Mitsouko, Shalimar, Jicky and Apres L'Ondee. Although LB seemed pleasant enough, it couldn't hold a candle to its more interesting relatives in my mind.

Recently, I was gifted with a generous sample of vintage LB from one of the old "donut" bottles. The color alone was enough to get my attention. It had that deep garnet hue that confers a certain gravitas to perfume and is never associated with anything light, simple, aquatic or gourmand. Testing vintage LB brought home to me how much perfumery has been crippled by the loss of eugenol/iso-eugenol and heliotropin. The current miniscule allowance of these ingredients permitted by the IFRA accounts for the vast difference between the nice LB of 2012 and the glory of Jacques Guerlain's original creation. Belatedly, I can understand why LB inspired so many other perfumers to strive for that same powdery perfection with Insolence and Kenzo Flower, or the "blueness' imparted by clove/carnation in Bluebell, Blue Grass and Wild Bluebell.

LB really was trend-setting, ground-breaking stuff in its day, but along with the loss of its true, natural carnation note, the current juice is also handicapped by lack of heliotropin. Whereas my precious vintage vial contains a luscious, almondy heliotropin that whispers, "I'm what's for dessert," today's version of the flower simply says plastic doll head. I never got the melancholy, the "blue hour" poignancy of this perfume until now. I can see the progression from the wistfulness of Apres L'Ondee to the voluptuous but pensive moodiness of LB like lavender deepening into navy on Jacques Guerlain's palette. If you can find it, do try the vintage in order to fully appreciate this beautiful wonder. Thanks again to the lovely person who made this revelation possible with their generosity. :)
Time travel
L'Heure Bleue is a spicy/powdery floral oriental from the Old World that has somehow managed to slink its way into a time machine where it is riding the centuries while still enthralling people everywhere she goes.
Not a small feat!

Throughout the full development, from top to bottom, every note works to foster the powdery nostalgia that L'Heure Bleue is so famous for. Slightly medicinal in the opening, the scent warms but never smolders: it stays breathy and balmy throughout.
The heart is a complex maze of various floral essences that bring out a comforting element (Heliotrope), femininity (Orchid, Rose), a tandem of exoticism and sensuality (Jasmine, Ylang), all connected to the piquant duo of carnation and clove.

Unlike the note list, however, I detect the iris in the heart, not in the base. The base has orris root concrete, which gives the perfume a violet-like note.
(the scent of violet cannot be obtained from the flower, at least it couldn't when L'Heure Bleue was created, but maybe modern technology has fixed that. I am reviewing the vintage)
The combination of vanilla and vanillin that Guerlain has always favored contributes to that flighty yet substancial feel, thanks to the aniseed in the top and the the continuation of the spicy notes throughout.

I also detect a dry amber in the base, which works beautifully with the benzoin and the sandalwood.
The musk and the vetiver give the fragrance an additional lingering feel while preventing it from getting too sweet.

Some people experience L'Heure Bleue as liquid playdoh, and dislike it because of it. Personally I do not, I consider myself lucky.
I won't even try to describe it as "old world charm" because I find it timeless: as appropriate in the early 20th century salons as it is in any 21st century metropolis. It is not a time specific perfume, it is a woman specific perfume, becoming deeply personal and intrinsically private... IF L'Heure Bleue agrees with you.
jtd
Classic Guerlain that best suits me.
Describing Vol de Nuit once, I said I can't analyze or dissect the classic Guerlains. This holds true for l'Heure Bleue. I get an anise-like vanilla and orange blossom, but it seems like one of those immensely complex orientals of its era. Beyond my analytical skills. Still, it is my favorite of the classic Guerlains. It's been described as melancholic, moody, shadowy. Maybe this is a distinction without a difference, but for me it's less about affect or emotion than it is about a contemplative state. I tend toward reflection when I wear l'HB.

I find the simple prettiness of l'HB always affecting. This prettiness, sort of beauty on a low flame, burns its way into you. Capital-B Beauty with its drama might infatuate for a moment, a day. But l'HB's attractiveness entices over time. L'HB has no gloss, but looking at its matte finish over time, you come to realize it's your favorite color.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Fabulosity in a bottle
L'Heure Bleue is a perfume that brings a caleidoscope of images to my mind.. memories that aren't memories, but should have been. A journey in time.
It's the faint smell that rises from a forgotten scarf in the Orient Express. It is the whiff from an aristocratic lady passing by, wearing a fur coat and a hat. That kind of lady that makes men throw their coats in the gutter for her to step so she won't ruin her shoes.
It's the silk lining in an old, expensive crocodile purse. The enormous staircase in the grand hall from an old hollywood musical, and the diva slowly walking down, her dress floating on the steps. It is the view from the balcony once you escape the laughter and the shallowness of the party. It's a golden powdercase with enamel decoration and a facetted mirror in the lid. It is pearls, gold and diamonds. Gas lights in dusk. An abandoned bench covered in autumn leaves in an empty park just after rain.
It is the very atmosphere of Hotel Paris in Prague - or any other fabulous original Art Noveau-interior.
It is warm and sophisticated, bold and distant, yet intimate and romantic. Old-fashioned? Yes. It makes me feel I live in the wrong era. Not the perfume, but me. 'Old lady'? Well, I can't imagine a teen girl wearing it, but everything is possible. Just as I couldn't wear it with jeans, but some could probably pull that off too.
L'Heure Bleue is fabulous. It is divine. The ultimate perfume. This is what defines 'classic'.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Like Feeling Blue
This is quite likely one of the toughest fragrances to review, at least for me. It's a gorgeous, nostalgic, dusky classic that's at once memorable and very hard to describe. I can't easily pick the notes apart as they're so well blended and the whole perfume feels smooth and seamless. But for the sake of analysis and review, I will try to isolate them :)

L'Heure Bleue starts with a burst of heliotrope, violet and anise, which is surprisingly playful and a bit dramatic. But the opening doesn't really prepare you for what is to follow - a gorgeous, classy, powdery heaven, of old-school Guerlain refinement. There is iris in there, there is vanilla and soft sandalwood and benzoin, all developing slowly as the perfume dries down, while a sublime note of orange blossom is constantly apparent to my nose.

L'Heure Bleue definitely feels like a floral oriental, with nutty undertones of almond-like heliotrope, trademark Guerlain iris powderiness and a soft, lush, creamy base of woods, resins and spices. A combination like that might sound rather bold and overpowering, but with L'Heure Bleue, it's all a melancholic whisper, of understated grace.

I have received very diverse feedback while wearing this - some people loved that it smelled like French face powder and cosmetics, others found it soapy and old-fashioned like homemade soap. My best friend was excited that it smelled to her like her favorite Indian incense sticks. There were about as many opinions as people to tell them.

To me, though, L'Heure Bleue smells like a feeling, a human emotion. It is not merely a perfume, it is a mood, a contemplative, melancholic state of spirit - like... feeling blue. :)
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
L'Heure D'or
They should renamed this L'heure d'or
(The golden hour) it's too warm to be thought of as being blue' blue is an clinical color and this is not an clinical
scent far from it.
The opening is similar to almost all of the older Guerlains it opens with a warm
Note bergamot and the powdery dry irises'
the lemon dries the the top note with sharp accords.

the middle drydown begins to be sweeter
with the vanilla-like sweetness of heliotrope and orchid to bring a little
exotica to add to the oriental craze that swept Europe and the U.S in the early 1900's' cloves with it's pungent
bitter and diluted sweetness with the presence of jasmine adds with the earthiness.

Carnation with it's spicy sweet aroma
stands it's own with the other stronger notes such as Cloves bergamot coriander
and lemon' the two elusive notes of ylang ylang and delicate rose as it's
shy guests.

Powdery iris starts the drydown i notice amber is missing from the note card and i can smell the warmness of the scent
dry sandalwood makes it dryish and woodish there is a nice musk factor here
subtle but noticeable and Vanilla ends the elegance with it's domineering and a bit masculine presence ends the beauty.

L'heure d'or brings you to europe before
the First world war where it was decadent with artists decussing shocking new techniques can can dancers entertained men in brothels without their wives knowing beautiful sinuous
lines of art nouveau with angels kissing
on the murals of the most elegant hotels
with golden stairways beautiful gold railings white lilies adorned the lobby
women with their finest elegant gown
checks in this Perfume relfect life before the grimiest of war and the art after that took it way forever.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Romantic and powdery iris
It's quite intimidating to write a review on one of the world's most famous and well-regarded perfumes. Guerlain's earlier fragrances are all hailed as classics, even though many are hard to find these days.

When I managed to track down L'Heure Bleue, I was both eager and a little nervous based on my expectations and what I had previously heard or read. The first thing I noted, was that it had a very distinct Guerlain vibe about it.

Both Shalimar and L'Heure Bleue share similarities in the top notes. Personally, I believe they both smell like calamine lotion and face powder. This however is not intended to be a negative remark on either fragrance. I find L'Heure Bleue both enticing and unique.

This fragrance certainly radiates a certain sense of maturity and class. In my opinion, it's not something that will suit everyone. It's very difficult to pin-point any particular notes here, as they all blend together to create a powdery and dusty floral with an elegant, old-fashioned aura.

L'Heure Bleue is very 'French'. You'd most likely feel silly wearing this fragrance with a t-shirt, jeans and a pair of flip flops. I'd have to be decked out in an elegant gown with Tiffany diamonds before I'd feel worthy of wearing L'Heure Bleue.

In some instances the rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang and vanilla tend to rise up from the powdery-ness to make their presence known, yet as I said before, this is one well-blended fragrance with no definitive notes. Both the EDT and EDP last considerably well, and the accompanying lotion adds that special touch. I'm actually more tempted to splurge on the lotion rather than the fragrance itself.

The smoothness, sophistication and beauty of L'Heure Bleue is difficult to surpass. 'The Blue Hour' as it has been aptly named, has the ability to capture almost anyone with its binding spell.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10
Haunting. Romantic. Elegant.
It is the world through a veil. Yes, powdery, yes, orchid, jasmine, heliotrope and ylang, and soft rose. The vanillic base is gorgeous, embracing vetiver, providing such depth. The iris is there too, with its melancholic note.

But so much more than the sum of its parts. It is brilliant.

For me, this is a special occasion fragrance. I could not live up to it every day.

• by BlueValkyrie by BlueValkyrie
  • by Sabi by Sabi
  • by CrazyCat by CrazyCat
  • by CrazyCat by CrazyCat

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain