L'Heure Bleue 1912 Extrait

L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Raymond Guerlain
Top 7 in Women's Perfume
L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 1912. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAniseedAniseed BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnationCarnation NeroliNeroli
Base Notes Base NotesIrisIris VioletViolet VanillaVanilla BenzoinBenzoin Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Nibelung, last update on 19.02.2022.

GoLeafsGo7
109 years later, this majestic beauty is still winning hearts!
L’Heure Bleue (LHB) proved to be my favorite perfume among the Guerlain classics from nearly a century ago (I have also tested Jicky, Après L'Ondée, Mitsouko and Shalimar). My review is based on a fairly recent bottle of the Extrait.

The modern version of this iconic fragrance can be described as spicy, floral and powdery with some gourmand-like qualities. It opens with spicy, dry and herbal presence of anise, which is a note I don’t usually get along with, but luckily I don’t feel its presence on my skin after 10-15 minutes. The fragrance then transitions into floral and powdery elements thanks to the iris and violet, with cloves/carnation providing a slightly spicy vibe in the background. Towards the dry down, it has a pastry-like quality (like freshly baked almond croissant) with iris still in the mix as well.

I am blessed to own one of the most iconic fragrances of all-time, and it is a showstopper from its stunning scent profile, to good performance and exquisite bottle/presentation. It leans ever so slightly feminine, bordering on unisex. I find it ideal for the spring and fall seasons. LHB Extrait is one for the record books.

The Purple Dream Hour
L'heure bleue, or LHB for short, is something I've come across many times in my long Guerlain life. As a young Guerlainhüpferin he was too pompous for me, too omahaft. After all, I was dumb and had no idea what was good.
As I slowly matured into a Guerlain woman, I found myself liking it more and more. I used, matching the outfit, the mood and or the occasion, times the Eau de toilette and or the deodorant in the glass flacon, which it (the deodorant) unfortunately no longer exists today, since the pure luxury.
To the Extrait I dared not quite, also for cost reasons.
In recent years (I'm approaching 60) I visibly reached for perfumes - partly because the bottles are so pretty, partly because they are simply Pampering high 10. Not to mention, the royalty of any fragrance.
Some time ago I had the pleasure to test a at least 20 years old, pure perfume from LHB.
I was what you probably call shock infatuated.
It took me a while before I could bring myself to buy an actual extract, which can definitely keep up with the vintage variety, though it's still allowed to mature a bit, with and beside me.
The top note is difficult to put into words, and also not quite clear to me. I smell Animalik, leathery influences over the fresh notes. Tough stuff, not restrained and not ladylike either. But great. I immediately think of scenes from the dressing rooms of the Moulin Rouge Paris, circa 1920. Old makeup, absinthe, and demimonde. I love it.
Gradually, the associations disappear, as the fragrance becomes more powdery and more of a flower bomb (no resemblance to Flowerbomb!), with dragee-like, spicy sweetness. This sweetness is also found in Fol Arôme, which in my eyes is a morphed LHB.
I could rave for hours now about the changes LHB still goes through, sometimes I smell more violet, then neroli comes through again to make way for powderiest powder..but you should experience that for yourself.
Why?
It's a dream, a plunge into the past; more beautiful than it could ever have been.

Favea
The moon has risen, the golden stars are shining...
So now in front of me is the most expensive bottle of perfume that I own so far. About a wonderful sharing I came to 130ml of this wonderful extrait of the blue hour. I regret nothing, but this bottle (rather, the price) will forever remain my secret - just as all the things that can happen in the blue hour so now and then, sometimes remain a mystery.

The fragrance is a dream scent. It starts with floral peasant carnation and sweet violet and spicy anise. But they are fragrant at dusk, after a hot day, when the damp vapors rise from the ground. This beautiful fragrance is then immediately enveloped, or softened, by the powdery iris, as it were, in gentle rising mists. There is almost no light now, the full moon rises and the balsamic night bloomers exude their enticing scents. Here vanilla and tonka take over this part, and give the night its beguiling softness. And this night, lasts long, and is infinitely beautiful, gentle and yet so strong.
Silage and longevity are superbly balanced. I can feast on the blue hour for a whole day - and that with 3 dabs or small sprays.
For me, this masterpiece is a feminine fragrance, very complex but as gentle as the melody of "The moon has risen..."
I would classify it as wearable all year round - stylish and special at all times.
A dream fragrance or even a fragrance to dream.
Youth love
L'Heure Bleue was my first adult perfume. Like so many women of my generation, I adored Anaïs Anaïs and Lou Lou as a teenager. And then, towards the end of my studies, I indulged in L'Heure Bleue - as a perfume, if only because of the beautiful bottle. I was too young for this complex, very soft and feminine fragrance. Now, whenever a gentle breeze passes by me, it conjures up a smile on my face.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Floral (carnation, violet), powdery (iris, tonka), spicy. For Spring and Fall. Unisex, elegant, with a great performance. A bit smoky.

..... zwischen den grauen Tagen .... danke für die Anregung lieber Freshy :))
by IrisNobile
.. Es gibt eine Stille des Herbstes bis in die Farben hinein ..... (H.v. Hofmannsthal) .....
by IrisNobile
... ein kleiner Zaungast ... :))
by Lucy55
by Ninahagen
by Mjamjam
by Mjamjam

Popular by Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain