L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain

L'Heure Bleue 1912 Extrait

GoLeafsGo7
10.10.2021 - 03:29 AM

109 years later, this majestic beauty is still winning hearts!

L’Heure Bleue (LHB) proved to be my favorite perfume among the Guerlain classics from nearly a century ago (I have also tested Jicky, Après L'Ondée, Mitsouko and Shalimar). My review is based on a fairly recent bottle of the Extrait.

The modern version of this iconic fragrance can be described as spicy, floral and powdery with some gourmand-like qualities. It opens with spicy, dry and herbal presence of anise, which is a note I don’t usually get along with, but luckily I don’t feel its presence on my skin after 10-15 minutes. The fragrance then transitions into floral and powdery elements thanks to the iris and violet, with cloves/carnation providing a slightly spicy vibe in the background. Towards the dry down, it has a pastry-like quality (like freshly baked almond croissant) with iris still in the mix as well.

I am blessed to own one of the most iconic fragrances of all-time, and it is a showstopper from its stunning scent profile, to good performance and exquisite bottle/presentation. It leans ever so slightly feminine, bordering on unisex. I find it ideal for the spring and fall seasons. LHB Extrait is one for the record books.

Latest Reviews

GoLeafsGo7GoLeafsGo7 7 days ago
Les Élixirs Charnels - Oriental Brûlant - Guerlain

Les Élixirs Charnels - Oriental Brûlant An underrated beauty from Guerlain: a lovely Oriental Gourmand
Oriental Brûlant is a soft and warm Oriental Gourmand scent. It is powdery, nutty and buttery (almond and tonka bean), sweet (vanilla), and styrax gives it a unique amber-like resinous/balsamic quality. Oriental...

GoLeafsGo7GoLeafsGo7 13 days ago
Spiritueuse Double Vanille - Guerlain

Spiritueuse Double Vanille Gold standard for vanilla fragrances!
SDV is highly reviewed and extremely well-liked in the industry, so I don’t have too much to add. I’ll just say this: it is one of my favorite fragrances for the fall and winter; it is one of my favorite Guerlain fragrances;...