L'Homme Idéal Cologne 2015

L'Homme Idéal Cologne by Guerlain
L'Homme Idéal Cologne is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2015. The scent is citrusy-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Orange, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlmond, Neroli
Base Notes Base NotesIndian vetiver, White musk

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 15.10.2020.

the ideal ideal
Ideal Cologne is one of the reviewer darlings from this line and I have finally thrown my opinion onto the pile. It is currently dirt cheap but seemingly discontinued. thank you as always for watching.

Graperfruit Dreams
That was my first Guerlain.

What can I say, I wanted a wonderful gourmet fresh summer scent. Fresh grapefruit & yet a bit sweet. An "oh, I smell sexy as hell" scent You can't get enough of this masterpiece!
When you put on this scent it is summer. :)
Be quick, since he was hired.

A Much Appreciated Citrus Blend
I don't appreciate citrus. Most citrus fragrances don't work with my skin. This fragrance is the best citrus I've ever worn. It's juicy (makes my mouth water it's so juicy), is light, and would be great for summer or an office or workplace. Really unique and not offensive at all. Probably give this one a 10/10! Glad to have this in my collection.

Bubbly Lemon Soda
The worst part about this fragrance is that it’s discontinued. The smell on this is absolutely divine, as it smells like a bubbly lemon soda. It’s fresh, creamy, sweet, citrusy, and clean in all the right places, but I only rarely use it now because of how precious the juice is at the moment, and because the sprayer on here is absolutely nuclear. Unlike most fragrances where you can use it frequently and then you notice that you’ve put a dent in it, in this fragrance you can watch the juice just disappear before your very eyes. It’s kinda sad, yet sobering at the same time because it reminds me to not overuse it no matter how much I may want to. The nuclear sprayer is definitely needed though, as this fragrance is very light, and turns into a skin scent very quickly, so the vast amount of juice keeps the smell there for longer. These things all make it perfect for summer though, as it makes it so that it’s not cloying or annoying to people in the warmer weather. I give this a hearty recommendation if you can find it for a reasonable price, but on eBay they’re going for at least double retail so it might not be your best bet unless this really speaks to you. Still, try before you buy.
SvenScent
Refreshing lemonade with almond in the heart

This L'Homme Idéal Flanker has inspired me from the very beginning. His opening is a super tasty grapefruit-Waldmeister lemonade that you would like to order immediately. This is so successful that at first you think you are holding your nose directly over a freshly poured glass of effervescent lemonade and perceive the smell of the rising carbonic acid. I immediately remembered the taste and smell of the Frigeo/Ahoy fizzy drinks from my childhood. This citric freshness is soon mixed with a creamy sweetness of almond and tonka - simply wonderful, simply delicious, simply unique! The longer the fragrance lingers on the skin, the stronger the similarity with Chanel's Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême; which is not such a bad reference...

For me, L'Homme Idéal is perhaps even the best pure spring scent I know. Because it is rather not suitable for the cold seasons and for the hotter summer days perhaps a bit too sweet. The Sillage might be a bit more offensive, but the performance is still very good for a spring/summer scent.

An Ideal Cologne
This was a semi-blind buy for me. Had not actually tried it but saw reviews and had tried the EdT, EdP and Cool. Since I quite liked all the others I decided to give this a shot

This has an amazing citrus note that lasts the better part of the initial 2h. After the first hour that citrus starts fading away to the background and a sweet, delicate almondy smell that was previously the background switches places to the foreground.

Performance is weak but reasonable for a freshie summer fragrance.

Projection and sillage are low. Longevity is also low at 5-6h, but this has passed the "wife test". First day wearing this, just when I thought it was gone after some 5h, my wife arrived and said "you smell good" :)

Versatily is great. In summer or warmer spring days anyone can use this. It has a very classy scent, but it is not so formal that you can't wear it casually.

This is discontinued from what I read, but can be found online easily and with discounts.

Leisure in a bottle
This is you, wearing white linen clothes, on vacation, laid back and letting go.
The initial citrus hit is very nice, fades rather quickly and makes way for a cozy almond and rum note, not unlike Guerlain's Homme, but brighter, fresher, less elegant, more playful. After a while, a soft smoky note lingers.
Lasts for about two hours noticeably, then recedes into the smoke for another two or so hours, overall, for such an affordable, yet refined scent, satisfying.

almond
This has an instant creamy lemon smell. That is what first comes to mind. This a nice light fragnance that is good for a warm sunny day and good for the work setting. I really enjoy this one. I give this a 9/10
From Nay to Yay in one day
For me, the Cologne of the L'Homme Idéal series was, along with the EdT, the stepchild of the series for a long time. While the EdP in winter spreads opulence in a positive sense and the sports version is wrongly underestimated in my opinion and is quite unique with its combination of almonds and aquatics, the Cologne always made the impression of the nice boy from next door during various tests on test strips, about whom you can actually say nothing bad, but who comes across quite arbitrarily.

How first impressions can sometimes deceive...

For spring and summer I bought a bottling and tested it several times during the last days. Especially in sunshine and on my skin I got to know a new side of cologne which inspired me. The star is the grapefruit in the top note. It's not the type that reminds me of the sour and bitter juice of various mediocre breakfast buffets, but a sweeter, more ripe fruit that immediately brightens my mind and makes me think about summer. This is probably due to the sweetness of the L'homme-Idéal DNA - here it works wonderfully and is rounded off by a fleetingly perceptible bergamot.

This top note remains surprisingly long for a cologne and is supplemented over time by the typical almond, which is on a low flame in comparison to EdT and EdP. It does not play the leading role, but harmoniously accompanies the character of the fragrance, accompanied by a hint of neroli. The whole thing is bedded on a base that, unlike EdT/EdP, is not difficult, but pleasant and slightly fluffy in the form of a light musk gives an interesting depth. Vetiver, as listed here, I don't smell any.

All in all, a favorite of the series has emerged very surprisingly for me, which I smiled at until two weeks ago - but which I will wear gladly in the coming warm months, when I feel like summer refreshment without a cool lemon.

And the lesson from history - only testing on paper is not worth it!

DoctorJay
I dont know what happened
Listen, I bought this last week. I loved it at first spray. The opening was amazing. I got orange, almond and I could even make out the vetiver somewhat. It is definitely masculine. I really liked the fragrance but there was one caveat. I was disappointed by the longevity.

But then something happened. I wore this to bed last night for the first time since getting it. I sprayed me left hand, my shirt and my left wrist.
I woke up this morning and could still smell the dry down very strongly. I could make out every base note still!
It doesn't even end there.

Today I wore Chanel Allure homme sport eau extreme. You all know how potent and long lasting of a fragrance that is. On my left hand and wrist, all day, keeping up with the Chanel, I could still smell the Guerlain Ideal Cologne! I really still cannot believe it. I am in awe. I have no idea what or how this fragrance transformed.

I got home just now and put on my night shirt. Guess what......It smells almost exactly like when I sprayed it on last night!

That is over 24 hours of longevity. It is the reason for this review.

Im not sure if the fragrance "macerated" or whatever, but this is awesome and absolutely amazing. The best part, is I only paid 23 dollars for the 3.3 oz bottle!

Highly, highly recommend. Safe blind buy if you like masculine lemon fragrances.

GreMuserGreMuser 5 days ago
Almond + Grapefruit + Vetiver blended beautifully. To me it's totally unisex and a very unique fresh/summer scent with an unexpected twist.
TsoTso 32 days ago
Ultra classy scent. Wearable any season, any occation. One of my all time favorites. When I heard it's discontinued I hoarded extra bottles.
NuuNuu 50 days ago
One of my fav summer Fragrances ever, sadly its hard to find it now :(
BertolucciKBertolucciK 58 days ago
Nice citrus in the opening but the best for me in L'Homme Ideal Cologne is the drydown with creamy almond and cozy musk. Performance is bad.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
A lower concentration, keeping the signature almond note, but introducing more citrus, namely the fantastic grapefruit. A summer delight!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Summer Guerlains always fascinated me and this Ideal Man is no exception. I do recommend it over all the other Ideal Men EDP, EDT, whatever!
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
Beautiful! Fresh citrus combined with almonds which give it elegance. Not great longevity but who cares when we`ve this quality for lower €
OPomoneOPomone 5 years ago
2.5
"The worst is not the surest." Paul Claudel
"I'm sure I can't do any worse." Thierry Wasser, speaking of L'Homme Idéal Cologne
ApiciusApicius 5 years ago
Great fragrance, my personal summer favorite 2015. Will have to write a review.

An dem Ufer sitz ich gerne und lasse meine Gedanken auf die Reise gehen.....
by Pistazieneis
Hintergrund rechts: ein altes Motorola Handy  :-)
by Pistazieneis
by Venomrock101
by 1976Michalis
by 1976Michalis

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain