L'Homme Idéal Cologne 2015

L'Homme Idéal Cologne by Guerlain
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
L'Homme Idéal Cologne is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2015. The scent is citrusy-sweet. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Orange, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesAlmond, Neroli
Base Notes Base NotesIndian vetiver, White musk

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 05.04.2021.

Landshark321
Interesting citrus blend with a nuanced, robust dry down
Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne seems to have a great reputation in the community and largely lives up to it; it’s a nuanced, interesting, fresh variation on the original L’Homme Ideal EDT. The Cologne consists of a bright opening of mixed citruses (grapefruit, orange, bergamot) drying down to a mix of pink pepper, almond, white musk, and vetiver (in order of prominence, to my nose). It has a bit of a petitgrain vibe to in that there’s something hearty and starchy about it, a bit of a richness underlying the citrus top.

At retail pricing (I assume in the $70-100 range for 100ml), it was probably a little overpriced but it’s quite nice in the $50-or-lower range for a 100ml bottle, an interesting fresh cologne type but with some intrigue, not unlike a Dior Homme Cologne (not in terms of the scent itself, but in impact), in that respect, but certainly a little less bright and more grounded in the earthiness of the base.

Overall, it’s a nice blend and one I’d recommend if it can be obtained at a reasonable price. It performs fairly well but not above an average designer fresh/warm weather scent. It starts out bright and then dries down fairly quickly to a more balanced vibe between the lingering bright citrus top notes and slightly thicker heart/base. I’m definitely glad to have a bottle.

7 out of 10

KimJong
The scent of sadness and loss
When it comes to "balance," there were some of the best perfumes in history. Like Azzaro Pour Homme, Chanel Egoiste, Terre D'Hermes, Amouage Dia... Such perfumes are so sophisticated that it is not possible to explain the scent just by mentioning the listed notes. It is already one scent that is well combined in itself.

And I would say that L'Homme Ideal Cologne is one of them. Maybe it's not the best masterpiece made by Guerlain's house, but it is true that perfumes as elaborated as this are really rare. Unfortunately, this artwork has almost not gained people's love and is slowly fading away. We may regret losing Ideal Cologne in the not too distant future...
CCAAScent
A successful freshie for the cold days
Everybody had such a boy at school back then.... It was winter -3°C and this boy came nevertheless in short trousers to the school - mostly in addition some festival T shirt. The outfit was certainly inappropriate for the cold days of the year and thus he has always attracted attention and has polarized.

But this perfume from Guerlain is quite different. Grapefruit, bergamot ... that sounds yet a Freshie for the spring / summer. But in winter ?
This fragrance is perfect for all those who are looking for a fresh scent for the cold days of the year without being too contrasting or no friends of heavy or sweet fragrances but want to adapt your fragrance to the season or their outfit.
The almond (characteristic of this series of Guerlain) and the neroli round off the fragrance and remind me of a cozy winter punch in front of the fireplace. They fit perfectly with the top note.

This fragrance is very pleasing, does not antagonize and provocative yet it is very different from other fragrances. In a way, I find him very individual and I like that especially in this fragrance.
However, it is no longer produced so you should be quick if you still want to get a bottle

Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cologne EDT
The Lemon opening reminds me off Cif or lemon fresh wet wipes. Its not an unpleasant smell. It's a bit too pungent and overly sharp for me. I like the vetiver and white Musk base. It's very clean cut. But unfortunately on the dry down. I dont like that nutty almond note mixed with the lemon it's quite sickly to me. Smells too much like something you would clean your toilet with. Scent 6/10 Sillage 6/10 Longevity 6 /10.
Duftmeister
Like fresh lemonade on the beach
Today I got my blind buy, you need enough beautiful fragrances for the warm season, so go :)

Sprayed on, confused, hungry, mood has risen....

Quite a new experience. Incomparable fragrance to date in the land of the all-knowing bergamot and / or pineapple.

Super fragrance for spring and summer. By the grapefruitge freshness my mood is really pushed up. Mega. A light almondy smoothness keeps discreetly I in the background and I'm going to sit in the sun and enjoy my new fresh companion. :)

Guerlainasque
After having dived into niche perfumery for nearly a year, I can say that Guerlain has stunning offerings. I would call it Guerlainasque.

Some beginners may know Guerlain for their L'Homme Ideal line, like the one which this review is about but I would urge those people to explore their more exclusive offerings. Their L'Art & La Matière, for example, is stellar with beautiful, beautiful perfumes. Guerlain manages to take ''smooth'' to another level.

With that being said, I truely believe that Guerlain brings some Guerlainasque quality from their exclusive lines over to their more affordable, commonly known and lower threshold fragrances. Thats especially the case with Ideal Cologne.

Ideal Cologne is niche in quality and blending. The grapefruit and lemon are very realistic.

Talking about smoothness: the way the almond is used in this perfume really smoothens this fragrance out in order to provide a pleasant wearing experience.

Its mass appealing, easy to wear and more easy to love.

In other words: its Guerlainasque.

CigiScent
Soft, smooth, nutty and musky
This is a pleasant fragrance. I personally think it is a bit overhyped. When you can buy it from a discounter it is definitely worth the price. But it is rather plain to be so hyped.

You get the grapefruit, soft tonka/almond, you get some musk. It stays quite long, but get's close to the skin very quick. It is because of this I think it get's bad longevity ratings, but actually, longevity is quite good, just close to the skin and rather soft.

To me, it's not really fresh, but rather soft musky and a bit sweet.

the ideal ideal
Ideal Cologne is one of the reviewer darlings from this line and I have finally thrown my opinion onto the pile. It is currently dirt cheap but seemingly discontinued. thank you as always for watching.

Graperfruit Dreams
That was my first Guerlain.

What can I say, I wanted a wonderful gourmet fresh summer scent. Fresh grapefruit & yet a bit sweet. An "oh, I smell sexy as hell" scent You can't get enough of this masterpiece!
When you put on this scent it is summer. :)
Be quick, since he was hired.

A Much Appreciated Citrus Blend
I don't appreciate citrus. Most citrus fragrances don't work with my skin. This fragrance is the best citrus I've ever worn. It's juicy (makes my mouth water it's so juicy), is light, and would be great for summer or an office or workplace. Really unique and not offensive at all. Probably give this one a 10/10! Glad to have this in my collection.

GreMuserGreMuser 6 months ago
Almond + Grapefruit + Vetiver blended beautifully. To me it's totally unisex and a very unique fresh/summer scent with an unexpected twist.
TsoTso 7 months ago
Ultra classy scent. Wearable any season, any occation. One of my all time favorites. When I heard it's discontinued I hoarded extra bottles.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Nice citrus in the opening but the best for me in L'Homme Ideal Cologne is the drydown with creamy almond and cozy musk. Performance is bad.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
A lower concentration, keeping the signature almond note, but introducing more citrus, namely the fantastic grapefruit. A summer delight!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Summer Guerlains always fascinated me and this Ideal Man is no exception. I do recommend it over all the other Ideal Men EDP, EDT, whatever!
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
Beautiful! Fresh citrus combined with almonds which give it elegance. Not great longevity but who cares when we`ve this quality for lower €
OPomoneOPomone 6 years ago
2.5
"The worst is not the surest." Paul Claudel
"I'm sure I can't do any worse." Thierry Wasser, speaking of L'Homme Idéal Cologne
ApiciusApicius 6 years ago
Great fragrance, my personal summer favorite 2015. Will have to write a review.

by DemonHead
by Grzesinek
by 1976Michalis
by 1976Michalis

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain