L'Homme Idéal (2016) Eau de Parfum

L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain

L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesAlmond, Bergamot, Spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Frankincense, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesLeather notes, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.05.2019

7.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

DerDefcon
I'll steal your neighbor's cherries.
We're dealing with a gourmand here. What does that mean exactly?

Correct.

We need the ingredients first.

The top note is a bit difficult. Of course, as a student teacher in need I would always have almonds in stock, but with bergamot and various spices it looks worse again. So how do I mix my top note together now?

Hah ... that's it!

I have there the neighbour of my parents, whose cherry tree is placed so beautifully on the property that it is every time simply only tempting to help itself there. So let's do this. The kids from the neighborhood would be to blame anyway. They get his frustration off, not me.
To make life difficult for children, to let them experience the injustices of everyday life, is simply part of it. So I'm going to be a good teacher and early practice, as you know.

Continue with the text.

We'd have the top note. A beautiful cherry. Something's missing here, though. What the hell is this?

Ahhh ... the almond. Well then we go to the student emergency ration and dig around a little in the student food. Now the top note is perfect.

Let's get to the heart note. Where the hell am I supposed to get the incense? Ask in a church? Nope... leave it. Why do you have fellow students who study religious studies? Get over there quick.

A few hours later:

I'm on my way back to the church after all. The future scientists of religion recommended my all too stereotypical asking then nevertheless somewhat strangely and recommended to me a church visit on Sunday. It's not my case, but you have to get your ingredients together.

Sooo, we'd have the incense. Now it needs the Hungarian rose. So off to the flower shop. Wow, that's expensive. I'm really thinking about going to a Berlin bar in the evening and waiting for the obligatory rose sellers who flood the bars every five minutes to get the rose there cheaper, but it must be a Hungarian one. So we'll stay at the flower shop for now. I "rich" student still buy the roses and am now faced with the problem to have no more money for a course in the university canteen. I could, of course, use the almonds ... No, no, no ... I still need them. Get a hold of yourself.

At least for the remaining ingredients I have sources of supply. Quickly to the biology students who are currently scurrying around in the botany department. We'd have vanilla and it certainly doesn't bother me if I let the tonka bean go with it. Sandalwood is not a problem either. I have a fellow student who studies landscaping and horticulture. He created a real idyll on a few square metres, into which he put months of work. I think it's part of his bachelor thesis. I still think that the freshly planted sandalwood tree disturbed this idyll a little, which is why I removed it once. He will be grateful to me later for this optimization. After all, you help where you can.

Now there's only one problem. Where do I get the leather?

All I know is that our biology students recently cut up a few animals to get to know their anatomy a little better. I can't do anything with mice, rats or birds, but I already have an idea.
Do you all know these more elitist courses? While as a future teacher of German and history I am gnawing at the hungry towel and in case of a student's failure I will only be a taxi driver, there are our law students and business people. I'll go to the latter.
What do you want me to say? Everything's done right again. Justus Sören Malte Oliver of Was-weiß-ich drove up with "his" brand new Bentley Continental GT. No ... i'm not gonna break the car open now and pull the pimp red merino leather off his driver's seat. But the leather shoulder bag, which bites itself a little with the Ralph Lauren polo laced around the neck, is in itself completely sufficient. Just as Justus is talking to his fellow students about the current IPOs, I seize the opportunity and grab the bag. Ohhh ... Price tag's still in there - something four-figure. Well... i don't know. I'm not a math student. He probably wants to show off a little with the bag and bring it back to the store afterwards. He should be happy to do that, too. He gets the bag back from me in a few minutes ... as if nothing had happened ... so almost nothing ... i'll have to cut out a little bit of leather. Then he gets it back and can give it back. Ohhh ... i can't? I just broke it. Do you think an almost perfectly square hole is a common defect and a reason for complaint? Oh, it'll fit.
Anyway, I have everything together now. But wait... where's my incense? I'm sure some philosophy student stole it from me because he thought it was a certain other plant that spiced up his evening discussion podiums. I don't care. I mix the rest together.
What do I get?

A really tasty cherry compote, underlaid with almonds and refined with spices. The bergamot isn't even here. Oh shit... I forgot. Can't be changed now. The leather again is available, but does not stay there too long. Leather in your mouth doesn't taste good. Funny recipe. I preferred to put the Hungarian roses in my student-typical disposable plastic cups - so very ramontisch. They round off the delicious compote quite pleasantly and I prefer it if they are a little bit in the background. Besides, they're Hungarian roses. If I want to eat Hungarian, there's goulash.

Cherry, almond, vanilla ... a taste explosion. The cafeteria food can't keep up with that. I can still taste the already spit out leather, but it doesn't bother me now. Maybe it was a good thing that I chewed on it a little. It's not gonna be so sweet. Oh... and this rose
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

The cherry on the cake
Through a scent recommendation I became attentive to this. It was claimed that this one - similar to the Tom Ford Noir Extreme - is very gourmandig sweet, very polarizing and also rather unisex. Since I had included the TF NE in my collection shortly before and was more than enthusiastic, I also wanted to give the Guerlain a chance. First of all it has to be stated that this can also be called unisex. Although he looks more towards the male side due to his spice, the sweetness with a tendency towards cherries also has its feminine side. The cherry was then also the crucial point in the future on this smell to do without, since one must drive off already on this kind sweetness.
At the beginning it starts on my skin with brute spice, which after a few seconds mixes with an almond-like and soft sweetness. Little by little leather, vanilla and the already named cherry are added. The true character of the fragrance then shows itself in the combination of light leather, spicy vanilla/tonka and the cherry aroma, which after repeated sniffing seems to become more intense.
Especially at parties or other evening events this fragrance is quite wearable. However one should not spray it on only shortly before, since it can be carried in my opinion only after 1-2 hours really well and softly.

Wonderful, sensual fragrance...
This is a great addition to the Guerlain house. This one has got me instant compliments and it's one which I feel extremely comfortable wearing I must say!

I love the way this one takes the sweet gourmand vibe of the original and gives it a richer, deeper vibe. It's more velvety and sensual, and that's what I like about it. I still get the tonka bean and almond, and it's taken to a whole deeper level.

This reminds me a lot of the great Heritage by the same house. That is also a very warm and velvety oriental fragrance which I have been complimented whilst wearing.

Bottom line: I think if you want a niche quality fragrance at a designer price, then pick this one up. It's definitely worth the quality in my opinion. Well done Guerlain!
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Recently in the Ruhrpott.... Part 2

Tach!

"Good day, sir, nice to see you again, what can I do for you?"

Yes, Hömma, I'm looking for watt neuet. Soon autumn and so white and I want to look there already times after Paföngs. Watt habbta then so da?

"We've got a few to choose from, what do you have in mind?"

Watt I know, somehow tasty like that, but watch out I want watt blows, watt but not so inside Penunsen goes.

"Something sweet or something more bitter?"

Well my Oschi must like the face already, wa.

"Maybe a Guerlain?"

Boah ey, I heard about Gurlong, can the watt?

"As a matter of fact. This is a venerable perfume house"

The latte master to me, I want to know if they have what it takes. Don't tell me about chocolores.

"Then let's just test this one. The L'homme ideal. And that's the perfume "

Don't fuck with me, I'm here for Paföng. If I wanted French fries barrier, I would have gone to chicken Hugo, or French fries Peter, or because of me to hunter sausage Jochen.

"I bentonte this because there's still the eau de toilette"

Now hömma on middle Fiesematenten, if I need watt for the toilet I go to the Bauhaus.

"Good anyway. This fragrance contains almond and a fine note of rose"

Boy, I want a paföng, not a chocolate.

"Sniff it out"

OHHHH! Hömma club... now we understand each other. This would please my Schlemmerschnittken at home, there the Sternkes gets inne eyes.

"Yes an excellent fragrance, many critics say that it would be too mainstream, but I tell you the nose must like it"

Main...watt?

"Let's say it's tailored for the mass market"

Watch out, I have no desire to smell like the Herbert, how often haste datt already sold?

"Not as often as the scents on the wall there"

The really good master, I recognize the almonds. It's also nice and light
"That's right, when the rose starts, it's still slightly vanilla supported, which interweaves very well"

Boy, now you're talking pompously, ne?

"Well, I just wanted to tell you the course of the fragrance."

It's okay, then it's easy, there comes a rose and vanilla.

"Do you like it? It also has a pretty good durability"

How? Is that gonna work out? Will datt be bad sometime?

"No, no, I meant it sticks to you for a long time. You can assume from 7-8 h.

Yeah, white boy, I've been all over this. Gurlong is not wrong.

"I'm glad, sir...""

Spangler... Alfred Spangler... but you can say Freddie. Well, then do me a favour and wrap it up. Fuck the wall, it's good.
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

L'Homme Ideal eau de parfum
The edp flanker to the popular original edt version of the L'Homme Ideal line is very popular. How special did I find this one? Please watch my video review to find out

Bready 143 days ago
Amazing scent!+1
AmberScent 9 months ago
Habit Rouge EDP married Eau Sauvage EDP, added some sweetness, and one year later their so far only son was born - L'Homme Ideal EDP.+3
Hermesh 2 years ago
What is here particularly impressive, are the subtle tea notes, which are worked in in a fine way (much better than at Néroli Outrenoir).+1

Köstlicher Sommerbegleiter für ❃ Gourmets
by Taskphorce
by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain