L'Homme Idéal 2016Eau de Parfum

L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Top 32 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAlmond, Bergamot, Spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Frankincense, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesLeathery notes, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.04.2021.

The sweet cherry
This Guerlain is from the fragrance just great class. Immediately after spraying on comes the association: cherry! Although it is not specified as a fragrance note, you can perceive it quite clearly. But it's not just cherry. The fragrance is very complex and deep, and you can smell that already in the top note. The leather makes it very masculine and another big player, almond, resonates subliminally all the time. If I had to describe L'Homme Ideal EDP with a keyword, then it would definitely be "luxurious", because he smells super noble and has niche character. And at an affordable price.

However, there is a catch. The durability. The fragrance does not last very long on the skin and has significant performance deficits, which is also reflected in the sillage. However, this is with a squeezed eye just okay.

Nevertheless, the Guerlain is for me personally the perfect winter fragrance, if you want to smell unique. Because one thing is clear, this fragrance is unique and you will smell different than many are used to, and in a pleasant noble way. About the performance, however, you have to be able to overlook.

A very deep, fruity-leathery, masculine fragrance that I can only recommend to everyone.
Too bad...
At the risk that I make myself unpopular, I'll just give my mustard to this perfume.
I tested the fragrance together with the Extreme variant about 2 weeks ago in a large drugstore chain. Surprised by the yet very different fragrance (cherry) and the hype that he currently receives from Jeremy F. - you may think of him what you want, but his recommendations I found so far (almost) always useful -, I thought to myself that I just get this one. Well, mistakes are there to be made.
When I then unpacked the fragrance full of anticipation and sprayed on again, the cherry note was to guess, but I smelled something out, which I had not noticed in the original test. Something quickly gave me a feeling of oppressive nausea. The resolution came in the heart note. It is the symbiosis of rose and especially incense that gives me this uneasiness. To me, it feels like a pungent accord that robs me of the illusion of a cherry. Too bad, really. However, those who can live with rose and incense or simply perceive cherry should not be put off by my review. Fragrances remain something personal :)
GivenchyPi
Cherry cola with a little marzipan
Very extravagant fragrance, reminiscent of a mixture of Cherry Coke with a little marzipan. The components are of pretty good quality.

The durability and especially the sillage are excellent. A very heavy and loud fragrance.

However, it is a little too sweet and too penetrating for me to rate it as perfect. However, who stands on very sweet fragrances, should definitely try this one.
Kai73
cherry cherry lady love's him
Tonka bean ! Spices ! Almond ! Rose ! = cherry ??? Yes he smells of cherry but he smells so incredibly strong ,beautiful ,expensive ,noble.

This fragrance is an absolute must have .great price for an insane fragrance
Two sprayers! TWO!!!!! And 8-9 HOURS are guaranteed . Positive it goes on when you enter a room and it is also guaranteed to leave the room after you ! One of my top three scents if not "THE SCENT . GUERLAIN does so much right, hopefully my nose will get to know many more scents from the house.
Aaron95
Can cherry be sexy and elegant? The proof
i ordered the fragrance blind. I have both the reviews here, as well as numerous YouTube videos tempted.
At the first spray I perceived very much Krische. A big load of fresh sweet almondy cherry.With the passage of time, the initial strong sweet crisp evolves into an elegant, somewhat pludrig and ledgrigem almond cherry mixture. I hate overly sweet scents so this scent was pure speculation. But I find the sweet aufjedenfall not too sweet. He holds very well and radiates on my skin also good. The initial sweetness fades after about 1 hour becomes a bit leathery. I find the fragrance especially for dates, or in everyday life on cooler days just great!

MirzAsim
Pleasant and conservative men's fragrance...
Thierry Wasser is a genius. He must be one of the best perfumers of our time. It's so often I try a fragrance, which has a terrific progression, evolving gently but clearly and naturally from top to heart to base, and which I love the smell of, and it proves to be another creation of Wasser.

This one opens so deliciously. One of the best starts I've smelled. The cherry is yummy but not too sweet. There's a leathery dryness, a tonka beans soft sweetness, a sandal woodiness that balances it all fantastically.

When it dries and the cherry is almost gone, there's a spicy smokiness that's different and just as gorgeous. A bit sweetness under it, rose? vanilla? tonka? still bound together by sandalwood.

Then when I think it's through, it progressed into yet another phase... How?!?! Seems like the cherry returns or is it rose? Becomes almost a bit fresher, does the bergamot from the initial blast pop up again. And suddenly there's a bitter almond. I have problems with almonds, my skin doesn't "give" it easily or my nose doesn't detect it easily. But there it is, popping up from under the rest and having me wonder if it gave a kind of magic to it all the whole way?

Yeah, this is pure alchemy. How can someone create a naturally evolving fragrance like this, where's so much (but not too much) to enjoy and keeps on going with clearly different facets. Masterfully blended. Hat off to you, Mr. Wasser! And Delphine Yelk of course encountered her name more often as well in great fragrances. This is one to love and cherish, and it's affordable... Gonna count my pennies.
My first blind buy
Due to the consistently outstanding reviews and descriptions, I have dared to buy the bottle blindly.

And I was not disappointed! I wanted something with which one stands out, but is not intrusive.
And this fragrance hits that! He is neither too sweet nor too leathery but really very very balanced.
Ginjinha and Pastéis de Nata
Clearly he was aware of the soft scratching sound as her fingers tenderly stroked his stubble. Except for that and his pounding heartbeat, the rest of the ambient sounds of the balmy late summer night melted into a subliminal murmur. For a split second, he melancholically realized that from here on, nothing would last, and he would never forget this day.

He was now already three days in Lisbon and let himself truly drift through the city with its small streets, many hills but especially excellent pubs and bars. His first day consisted of a late breakfast at the Fabrica Lisboa directly on the Rua da Madalena, followed by sparkling white wine and local ham at the Mercado da Baixa, a subsequent short detour to one of the countless Mantegarias for a coffee and a Pastéis de Nata, regional stockfish and beer for dinner and then the headlong jump into the intoxicating nightlife in the Bairro Alto district. The next two days followed a similar pattern, and he felt like he could finally take a breath.

Since the last night again held new, refreshing acquaintances with beer and high-proof for him, he arrived only in the early morning hours, slightly tipsy, in his small hotel in the upper part of the city. Consequently, it was not until shortly before 11 a.m. that he had breakfast at the Café Chiado, near the idyllic square Luís de Camões.

After a steaming cappuccino and a pastéis de nata and a piece of almond pastry each on the small wooden table, he pulled out his Hemingway and began to read. When he had finished the first two pages, he looked at the entrance of the café, where one of the historic trams was just passing, very pleased with himself and his situation. He put his book aside, took a careful sip of his cappuccino and reached for the pastéis de nata. Basically a puff pastry cake filled with a devilishly good vanilla custard cream. Just as he finished it, savoring the almond cake and fine crumbs of powdered sugar trickling onto his book, he heard a conversation in his native tongue right behind him. Inevitably, the conversation pushed its way to the forefront of the background noise.

"I really need to bring you guys some. Warm vanilla pudding in crispy puff pastry - the bomb!"

Her voice sounded joyfully excited and the conversation had affectionate tones, seemingly someone familiar.

"Yeah, I do. I just always get a little silly ordering because I can't pronounce the name. Thank God, people are so super friendly here."

With so much disarming honesty, he was bound to grin. A few sentences later, he knew she was in Lisbon on business, would be leaving in the morning, and had talked to her mom on the phone. She finally said goodbye and promised to bring some of the cakes again. He realized now that he had been rather impiously eavesdropping on their entire conversation and felt a little ashamed of it. However, this did not stop him from wanting to find out who exactly was sitting behind him. He downed his last puddle of cappuccino, gathered his courage and turned to face her. She held her coffee cup lasciviously to her lips with her left hand while she scrolled over her phone with her right thumb. A few strands fell into her face while the rest of her blonde hair was tied back in a braid. Her white blouse, which she paired with navy blue pants, further emphasized her graceful figure, and between the hem of her pants and her snow-white sneakers, his gaze fell on her delicate ankles. Her pale complexion was accented by subtle makeup and a lipstick of deep vermilion. Her attractiveness was undeniable. While he was still giving her a look, she was already looking up at him from dull green eyes and smiling mischievously.

"Sorry, but I couldn't help but pick up scraps from your phone call. If you want to order some more of those custard tarts, just ask for PASCHTEISCH DE NA-TA." He turned to face her fully now and stroked his hazel hair with his right hand. Not unaware that his white shirt stretched discreetly across his chest and arms in this pose.

"Oh, what a coincidence! Are you from... too?" She broke off the sentence with a joyful gleam in her eyes, when he was already making the completion of her sentence unnecessary with a smiling nod.

"Thanks for the tip about the cakes, I'll keep that in mind! What are you doing here in Lisbon? Work or vacation?" And from the way she looked into his eyes at her question, he had a feeling of genuine interest. He was not to be deceived.

Now that names and motivations for being in Lisbon had been exchanged, and it was established that neither of them had any specific plans for the day yet, but both wanted to explore the city, his chair was moved to their table and they launched into deeper conversation. An hour later they left the café for the Castelo de São Jorge, from which they enjoyed the magnificent view of the entire city. This was followed by an extended walk through the narrow streets of the old town and exquisite local cuisine in the late afternoon. Whether it was the exciting desire to explore, the feeling of freedom, the mutual attraction or the sweet-tart red wine with the meal, it was impossible to say. In any case, one thing led to another and they found themselves on Largo São Domingos towards evening, having just ordered two small glasses of ginjinha. They drank the sweet and spicy cherry liqueur down with relish and then proceeded to munch on the pickled cherries at the bottom of the glass. Now, as they spat the cherry pits onto the floor in front of the tiny bar according to the tradition explained to them, they stood in the last sunlight of the day. Looking out over the whitewashed church, they enjoyed the conclusion of their little adventure. Energized by the impressions of the day and the sweet liquor, his hand clasped her side and slid from her ribs down to her hip. Turning to face him, she slid one hand inside the lapel of his leather jacket and the other stroked tenderly along his prominent cheekbones to his stubbled chin. Only a few inches separated their faces as their bodies pressed against each other. An irresistible, slightly sweet scent of vanilla, almond and rose emanated from her, which mingled with the fresh, spicy scent of his perfume and faint hints of incense from the nearby church. One look into her green eyes made him forget everything around him and he closed his eyes as their moist lips found each other. He could still taste the sweet flavor of the liquor on her lips, which completed the symbiosis of scents, tastes and impressions. A light breeze swept across the square, enveloping them and letting them break free of their connection. With the last rays of the day's sun, he realized how close beauty and transience were.

Fin.
Affordable, but......
And there I have it now. I have right at the start of my comment a big but, to a rather positively perceived fragrance.
But...... it doesn't last long. At least not as long as I could wish.
[But.(and this I take briefly in advance)...he just also has its merits. More about that later]
Therefore, I have decided to perform a nasty test.

I would like to share with you my nastiness. I let the L'homme Ideal compete against Joop Homme. Many fragrances that are advertised with cherry-almond aroma I myself do not know. But already I'm reading the fragrance descriptions for the Guelain scent, I can't help but think of Joop. I find the Guerlain to be likeable. No question about it. But the scent progression gave me no peace several times. And this time I had to exhaust it and get to the bottom of it.

The inner tension rises. It tingles on my skin. My nose is already itching with rapture. Here we go.
L'homme Ideal EDP and Joop Homme are in the starting positions.
How will the Homme by Joop, which is perceived as synthetic, hold up against the L'homme by Guelain? The one already a slightly aged connoisseur, the other a still rather somewhat inexperienced youngster.
Or can, in the end, the natural charm of the youngling snatch the points?
The tingling is getting stronger. It is time.

Starting shot!

It dieselt and fogs, ladies and gentlemen.
Both start right away tremendously. But Joop Homme is already a nose length ahead and is visibly in the lead. Guys what is going on? Joop pulls his casual cardamom-orange tail behind him, while you can just catch the almond veil of L'homme Ideal. Joop's almost-marzipan trail is still overwhelming.
But after about two turns, Guerlain catches up again, pulls on the same level with Joop Homme and both opponents take seemingly nothing. Joop comes across as more classic and woody. Its underlying earthy character is also convincing. While Guerlain can hold its own with a finely spicy almond accord bravely.
Also the next three rounds hardly does anything. Both behave stable and show no changes in their strategies.
But from lap 5 onwards Joop pulls ahead again, Guerlain seems to be running out of breath.
How can this be?
Yes ladies and gentlemen, there is no denying it. Joop still has an unbroken fighting spirit and is happy to take on some younger opponents.
Round 7 dear viewers and Guerlain L'homme Ideal is now clearly behind. But no sign of disappointment. He still pulls off the race. He proudly passes the finish line after Joop.
What a spectacle. Joop in first place in today's show race. We may be curious what the house Guelrain for the next time comes up with, when the house Joop will put his experienced runner again with the start.

At this point I would like to confess that I find the smell of Guerlain here not bad. He has what noble. And as a fine fragrance, which can be considered affordable in addition, yes you can do. He pulls his thing through, only unfortunately I would have there like more persistence in the package.
For a Marzipanartigen it is fine in the nose. Not obtrusive. He is also not the cherry bomb. That should be another kindred spirit from the Ideal range. This one is a noble almond companion. I only detect the leather accord subliminally. In contrast, the leather is more prominent in Valentino Uomo, for example. But L'Homme Ideal EDP wants to be a gentle seducer, not a mattress destroyer. If it is allowed me to say so.
I can smell the smoky accord. Together with the rose and sandalwood, it creates an impression that reminds me of my favorite Sunday fragrance, namely L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Or Encens. The tangy bergamot note, on the other hand, I barely notice. The scent of lightly toasted almond can be perceived unhindered.

And there I come to my final verdict. Guerlain L'homme Ideal EDP is a very nice fragrance for Sundays and nice occasions that require something that is discreet and elegant at the same time. So this is where it can score. If the event then also does not last so long, then he fulfills his service and I can appreciate myself as a carrier worthy.
Yes, it's a bit interesting. On the one hand, I have to deduct points because he steps for an EDP yet a bit shorter. Then again, I have the feeling, this is due to the character, which was created just so.
The perfumer wanted to create something here that lies well in the nose, a fragrance DNA that remains longer in the memory, even long after the nose no longer perceives him.
Of course, up to here, the classic Joop Homme has burned itself into my memory. However, the Guerlain has more finesse and it is more versatile. Although I would take him rather for Sundays, because I always want to finish the week completely and greet the new week fresh in the spirit - since a noble fragrance is simply appropriate. But I think you can also use it more often. It is excellent for the office. Also at work it provides variety. Because it does not cost so much. Partially it varies in price between fifty and sixty euros on 100ml. And so he is more affordable than my other Sunday fragrance and at the same time more easily available.
Since I take then a few cutbacks in terms of durability and projection gladly in purchase.
But, for this small noble one can do that times.
And I already know that I would buy the again or also gladly another offshoot from the Ideal series.

So who can do without longevity something and would like to have a suitable fragrance for the appropriate moment, which should get the Guerlain L'homme Ideal EDP times closer in mind. Fragrance sample get, perhaps test out on the spot, if that is now at all still possible.
Netflix cuddle scent
I'm waiting again for new fragrance samples and to bridge the infinite time I look through my collected fragrance samples. Nothing special, only what you normally get thrown in the perfumery mostly behind. Therefore, I also look through the men's samples, whether there is something hidden for me. Unfortunately no, unfortunately not at all...

To torture me further I look at fragrance reviews on YouTube. Since I've already sifted through most of them, I'm now looking at men's perfume recommendations and come across Gil Aroma. High quality videos and dry humor. In one video he briefly mentions L'Homme Idéal and there I find the description already appealing. In another video he describes it again. I'm totally curious about the cherry-almond variant. Didn't I see something from Guerlain Idéal earlier when I was looking through the men's samples? That would be a coincidence. I run to the samples and bingo, there is the darling. So immediately sprayed on paper. Ok a little cough syrupy but there is clearly also something cherry recognizable. During the day I check the sample again and again and like the scent. So the must be tried on the living object.
When my husband comes home, I'm already ready with the sample. He already knows the procedure and artfully rolls up his sleeve and holds out his arm to me. I spray and he walks away. I run after him. And, and???!!!! He sniffs his arm. Yeah, smells pretty good.
Now you must know that this is for my husband schone a special award. Harvest I but usually only a "is ok". "I want to smell too" I call and grab his arm. Mmmmmmhhhh oh yes - cherry - cinnamon - almond - vanilla simply heavenly leckerrrrrrr.
From the intensity and spiciness (especially cinnamon) and vanilla it reminds me of the Spicebomb by Victor & Rolf Extreme.
However, the scent quickly becomes more subtle and whenever my subject walks past me, I perceive a light and delicious custard with cherries scent. I melt away.
1-2 hours later we enjoy our end of the day on the couch. I snuggle into his arm in a way that I can sniff his arm with my nose.

For me, the absolute Netflix couch cuddle scent. Goes of course also in front of the fireplace well to play chess (Sagt yes no one, that it can not also be about stripping chess). Nevertheless, rather the quiet seducer, the cuddly, the tender.

The next day I miss my treasure and the beautiful cuddly scent. There is still the paper sample and it actually still smells super good. On the living object, the scent has not kept allzugange, it became very quickly very skin and soft. This is my only point of criticism.

This is so delicious, oh what the heck, I just spray on myself. I do not like to wear men's fragrances and usually I strike already with unisex...

How I perceive him on me: First comes again this cough syrup note, but quickly follows the Amaretto chord of almond, tonka and vanilla and actually it is more Amaretto with me and I perceive the cherry not so extreme. Now the incense is already wafting towards me, making it a bit more pungent (this is usually the case with me and men's perfumes). But it passes quickly and I perceive a leather smell (I didn't notice it at all yesterday), dark brown leather even, very nice.
After about 3 hours, the scent is then also on me skin, it remains a vanilla almond milk with some suede.

So, now I can unfortunately no longer continue writing, must research on the net, where there is a good deal for the Guerlain L'Homme Idéal.

See you soon
Your Thunder Girl

TRehfTRehf 5 hours ago
Currently the best designer priced fragrance IMO. Very unique, great performance, very versatile. Male targeted but unisex. Great value.
DylanbluemanDylanblueman 6 days ago
Cherry leather? is this going to work? YES, yes it really does! all time favorite for sure
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
This one is similar to the EdT with a stronger concentration. I prefer the "L'Homme Idéal L'Intense" with a stonger almond and a smoky note.
SpiffSpiff 1 year ago
Class in a bottle. Cherry, almond and guerlinade. Great performer but not cloying, good for any occasion in cooler weather or nights out.
BreadyBready 2 years ago
Amazing scent!
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
Habit Rouge EDP married Eau Sauvage EDP, added some sweetness, and one year later their so far only son was born - L'Homme Ideal EDP.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
What is here particularly impressive, are the subtle tea notes, which are worked in in a fine way (much better than at Néroli OutrenoirNéroli Outrenoir).

Für den idealen Mann
by Deep666
by Venomrock101
by Venomrock101

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain