L'Homme Idéal (2016) Eau de Parfum

L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain

L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesAlmond, Bergamot, Spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Frankincense, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesLeather notes, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.10.2019

9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Apicius
They can if they want to!
Whenever Guerlain launches a new fragrance for the mass market, the outcry at the afficionados is big. Firstly, no bearer of this name is responsible because there is no Guerlain left in the company. And secondly, it has little to nothing in common with the great classics of the past. Especially the house perfumer Thierry Wasser is regularly scolded because he does some things differently.

Ah, where are the times!

We know the stories about the Guerlinade, the magical note that once distinguished this house and which was based on a confident handling of the vanilla note. Remember - there is still supposed to be a supplier in France who produces vanillin exclusively for Guerlain according to the old production method. Its smoky impurities should only make the scents more alive.

With its powerful, oriental note, the Eau de Toilette, on the other hand, was inspired by the scent habits of a modern, rather young audience. Take a look at the embarrassing advertising video - the cool guy, surrounded by women. Marketing has its sights on the pimply youngster, not the noble dude.

But who really buys the perfumes of this brand? It makes me wonder why L'Homme Idéal Eau de Parfum, being the first flanker to follow up the original, so much cites the house's great past.

Here we have it, the vanilla - clearly present and skillfully staged! The oriental woody note of the original has been dimmed down with all its loud statements of cherry, almond and marzipan. The beauty of a Guerlain vanilla always reveals itself in dialogue with its surroundings, as here too.

For the first time I notice the leather note, which should also be present in the original. It is very delicate and can only be perceived in the projection. And it is important, because the projection is what our environment perceives when we wear a scent. You should always try to place yourself next to your body when trying out a perfume. If you only press your nose to the the back of your hand you will miss a lot. For me, a piece of refinement and finesse becomes visible, as we attribute it to the classics of the French perfume art.

Compared to the original, L'Homme Idéal Eau de Parfum is the finer fragrance. The vanilla in front of the more discreet oriental-woody background gives me an impression of softness. For me, it's less for the office and going out, more for private, intimate occasions. If the original is for the week, then L'Homme Idéal Eau de Parfum is for Sunday.
8.0 5.0 6.0 8.5/10

Simply a beautiful fragrance
I have to admit in my second comment that I just like sweet fragrances, and this one is a very sweet one ;-)

It's simply a nice cherry scent with a touch of vanilla and tonka bean in the base. I can't see any similarities to the original, the original is one of the very few fragrances that doesn't smell bad, but contains something that gives me a headache. A lot has already been said about the individual scents, I would just like to add that the scent is rather one-dimensional, the cherry is present from beginning to end. The scent reminds me of rose water, even if I hardly notice the rose. Otherwise a pleasing smell, which can be carried from my point of view by women exactly the same as by men.

The evaluation of Sillage and durability is difficult because the question arises which criteria should be used to evaluate it: the fragrance has a good projection on the skin in the first hour, is then perceptible for about 3 hours and soon withdraws completely, somewhat disappointing for a gourmand ... however, this fragrance is one of those creations that lasts longer than average on clothing and radiates well, you even notice it the next day on clothing clearly, only after about 3 days it disappears completely. I still wish I had had a little more depth on my skin.

Conclusion: Those who simply want to smell pleasant without touching and standing on cherry are in good hands here. A beautiful cherry scent that can't do much wrong.
7.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

DerDefcon
I'll steal your neighbor's cherries.
We're dealing with a gourmand here. What does that mean exactly?

Correct.

We need the ingredients first.

The top note is a bit difficult. Of course, as a student teacher in need I would always have almonds in stock, but with bergamot and various spices it looks worse again. So how do I mix my top note together now?

Hah ... that's it!

I have there the neighbour of my parents, whose cherry tree is placed so beautifully on the property that it is every time simply only tempting to help itself there. So let's do this. The kids from the neighborhood would be to blame anyway. They get his frustration off, not me.
To make life difficult for children, to let them experience the injustices of everyday life, is simply part of it. So I'm going to be a good teacher and early practice, as you know.

Continue with the text.

We'd have the top note. A beautiful cherry. Something's missing here, though. What the hell is this?

Ahhh ... the almond. Well then we go to the student emergency ration and dig around a little in the student food. Now the top note is perfect.

Let's get to the heart note. Where the hell am I supposed to get the incense? Ask in a church? Nope... leave it. Why do you have fellow students who study religious studies? Get over there quick.

A few hours later:

I'm on my way back to the church after all. The future scientists of religion recommended my all too stereotypical asking then nevertheless somewhat strangely and recommended to me a church visit on Sunday. It's not my case, but you have to get your ingredients together.

Sooo, we'd have the incense. Now it needs the Hungarian rose. So off to the flower shop. Wow, that's expensive. I'm really thinking about going to a Berlin bar in the evening and waiting for the obligatory rose sellers who flood the bars every five minutes to get the rose there cheaper, but it must be a Hungarian one. So we'll stay at the flower shop for now. I "rich" student still buy the roses and am now faced with the problem to have no more money for a course in the university canteen. I could, of course, use the almonds ... No, no, no ... I still need them. Get a hold of yourself.

At least for the remaining ingredients I have sources of supply. Quickly to the biology students who are currently scurrying around in the botany department. We'd have vanilla and it certainly doesn't bother me if I let the tonka bean go with it. Sandalwood is not a problem either. I have a fellow student who studies landscaping and horticulture. He created a real idyll on a few square metres, into which he put months of work. I think it's part of his bachelor thesis. I still think that the freshly planted sandalwood tree disturbed this idyll a little, which is why I removed it once. He will be grateful to me later for this optimization. After all, you help where you can.

Now there's only one problem. Where do I get the leather?

All I know is that our biology students recently cut up a few animals to get to know their anatomy a little better. I can't do anything with mice, rats or birds, but I already have an idea.
Do you all know these more elitist courses? While as a future teacher of German and history I am gnawing at the hungry towel and in case of a student's failure I will only be a taxi driver, there are our law students and business people. I'll go to the latter.
What do you want me to say? Everything's done right again. Justus Sören Malte Oliver of Was-weiß-ich drove up with "his" brand new Bentley Continental GT. No ... i'm not gonna break the car open now and pull the pimp red merino leather off his driver's seat. But the leather shoulder bag, which bites itself a little with the Ralph Lauren polo laced around the neck, is in itself completely sufficient. Just as Justus is talking to his fellow students about the current IPOs, I seize the opportunity and grab the bag. Ohhh ... Price tag's still in there - something four-figure. Well... i don't know. I'm not a math student. He probably wants to show off a little with the bag and bring it back to the store afterwards. He should be happy to do that, too. He gets the bag back from me in a few minutes ... as if nothing had happened ... so almost nothing ... i'll have to cut out a little bit of leather. Then he gets it back and can give it back. Ohhh ... i can't? I just broke it. Do you think an almost perfectly square hole is a common defect and a reason for complaint? Oh, it'll fit.
Anyway, I have everything together now. But wait... where's my incense? I'm sure some philosophy student stole it from me because he thought it was a certain other plant that spiced up his evening discussion podiums. I don't care. I mix the rest together.
What do I get?

A really tasty cherry compote, underlaid with almonds and refined with spices. The bergamot isn't even here. Oh shit... I forgot. Can't be changed now. The leather again is available, but does not stay there too long. Leather in your mouth doesn't taste good. Funny recipe. I preferred to put the Hungarian roses in my student-typical disposable plastic cups - so very ramontisch. They round off the delicious compote quite pleasantly and I prefer it if they are a little bit in the background. Besides, they're Hungarian roses. If I want to eat Hungarian, there's goulash.

Cherry, almond, vanilla ... a taste explosion. The cafeteria food can't keep up with that. I can still taste the already spit out leather, but it doesn't bother me now. Maybe it was a good thing that I chewed on it a little. It's not gonna be so sweet. Oh... and this rose
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

The cherry on the cake
Through a scent recommendation I became attentive to this. It was claimed that this one - similar to the Tom Ford Noir Extreme - is very gourmandig sweet, very polarizing and also rather unisex. Since I had included the TF NE in my collection shortly before and was more than enthusiastic, I also wanted to give the Guerlain a chance. First of all it has to be stated that this can also be called unisex. Although he looks more towards the male side due to his spice, the sweetness with a tendency towards cherries also has its feminine side. The cherry was then also the crucial point in the future on this smell to do without, since one must drive off already on this kind sweetness.
At the beginning it starts on my skin with brute spice, which after a few seconds mixes with an almond-like and soft sweetness. Little by little leather, vanilla and the already named cherry are added. The true character of the fragrance then shows itself in the combination of light leather, spicy vanilla/tonka and the cherry aroma, which after repeated sniffing seems to become more intense.
Especially at parties or other evening events this fragrance is quite wearable. However one should not spray it on only shortly before, since it can be carried in my opinion only after 1-2 hours really well and softly.

Wonderful, sensual fragrance...
This is a great addition to the Guerlain house. This one has got me instant compliments and it's one which I feel extremely comfortable wearing I must say!

I love the way this one takes the sweet gourmand vibe of the original and gives it a richer, deeper vibe. It's more velvety and sensual, and that's what I like about it. I still get the tonka bean and almond, and it's taken to a whole deeper level.

This reminds me a lot of the great Heritage by the same house. That is also a very warm and velvety oriental fragrance which I have been complimented whilst wearing.

Bottom line: I think if you want a niche quality fragrance at a designer price, then pick this one up. It's definitely worth the quality in my opinion. Well done Guerlain!
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Recently in the Ruhrpott.... Part 2

Tach!

"Good day, sir, nice to see you again, what can I do for you?"

Yes, Hömma, I'm looking for watt neuet. Soon autumn and so white and I want to look there already times after Paföngs. Watt habbta then so da?

"We've got a few to choose from, what do you have in mind?"

Watt I know, somehow tasty like that, but watch out I want watt blows, watt but not so inside Penunsen goes.

"Something sweet or something more bitter?"

Well my Oschi must like the face already, wa.

"Maybe a Guerlain?"

Boah ey, I heard about Gurlong, can the watt?

"As a matter of fact. This is a venerable perfume house"

The latte master to me, I want to know if they have what it takes. Don't tell me about chocolores.

"Then let's just test this one. The L'homme ideal. And that's the perfume "

Don't fuck with me, I'm here for Paföng. If I wanted French fries barrier, I would have gone to chicken Hugo, or French fries Peter, or because of me to hunter sausage Jochen.

"I bentonte this because there's still the eau de toilette"

Now hömma on middle Fiesematenten, if I need watt for the toilet I go to the Bauhaus.

"Good anyway. This fragrance contains almond and a fine note of rose"

Boy, I want a paföng, not a chocolate.

"Sniff it out"

OHHHH! Hömma club... now we understand each other. This would please my Schlemmerschnittken at home, there the Sternkes gets inne eyes.

"Yes an excellent fragrance, many critics say that it would be too mainstream, but I tell you the nose must like it"

Main...watt?

"Let's say it's tailored for the mass market"

Watch out, I have no desire to smell like the Herbert, how often haste datt already sold?

"Not as often as the scents on the wall there"

The really good master, I recognize the almonds. It's also nice and light
"That's right, when the rose starts, it's still slightly vanilla supported, which interweaves very well"

Boy, now you're talking pompously, ne?

"Well, I just wanted to tell you the course of the fragrance."

It's okay, then it's easy, there comes a rose and vanilla.

"Do you like it? It also has a pretty good durability"

How? Is that gonna work out? Will datt be bad sometime?

"No, no, I meant it sticks to you for a long time. You can assume from 7-8 h.

Yeah, white boy, I've been all over this. Gurlong is not wrong.

"I'm glad, sir...""

Spangler... Alfred Spangler... but you can say Freddie. Well, then do me a favour and wrap it up. Fuck the wall, it's good.
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

L'Homme Ideal eau de parfum
The edp flanker to the popular original edt version of the L'Homme Ideal line is very popular. How special did I find this one? Please watch my video review to find out

Bready 10 months ago
Amazing scent!+1
AmberScent 14 months ago
Habit Rouge EDP married Eau Sauvage EDP, added some sweetness, and one year later their so far only son was born - L'Homme Ideal EDP.+3
Hermesh 3 years ago
What is here particularly impressive, are the subtle tea notes, which are worked in in a fine way (much better than at Néroli Outrenoir).+1

Köstlicher Sommerbegleiter für ❃ Gourmets
by BlueValkyrie
...mag den an Männern sehr gern ... elegant • maskulin • gourmandig • sexy • fresh
by sebjar
by Deep666
by Spiff
by Spiff

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain