L'Homme Idéal 2016 Eau de Parfum

L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Top 31 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAlmondAlmond
VanillaVanilla
Base Notes Base NotesLeathery notesLeathery notes
SandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 31.07.2021.

Cherry & Bitter Almond
Rarely has a designer fragrance evoked such a strong emotion in me. This fragrance is really very finely balanced. The sweetness of the cherry, that sperrig-samtene of the bitter almond. And that subtle masculine sweetness. The longevity is also quite remarkable. A very balanced composition. And at a manageable price. This fragrance belongs in almost every fragrance collection. Caution, sniffing danger.
Parfumsnow
Guerlain EAU de Parfum or Opium?!
Short and sweet, great fragrance, both durability and sillage, but it was a blind purchase based on the good reviews here, and s I had sprayed the 1st time on my wrist I thought: you know somewhere, have already smelled something like that"
Ungelogen 3 days I had thought about after each time spray, where I know this fragrance.
And it is in my opinion definitely Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. A classic.
It definitely smells just like Opium.
Durability on clothes is enough until the next day. I would say initially with too much dorsing he can smell too extreme, but settles after a short time in one. Harmonious companion that you can always perceive at any movement. Guerlain has done nothing wrong with this fragrance, and blind purchase was not a failure
My darling!
When I read through reviews here, I often envy the writers for their eloquence. Unfortunately, I can not serve with that.

I have been looking for a perfume that I can wear every day for years. Am unfortunately a bit very picky.... Opened the package... sprayed... "mhmm... goes so"

After 10 minutes I could not stop smelling myself.

I don't own as many fragrances as some here but I have to say this became my absolute favorite. That sweet...that cherry.... the entire product is a masterpiece. I have me thereupon directly still a second 100ML bottle bought.

For anyone who stands on a cherry note absolutely recommendable and for anyone who wants to have an easy to like fragrance for a or his wife also. I think that ding is ne safe thing!

High praise to Thierry water

Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EDP
I love the fresh sparkley opening with the Bergamot and spices. It's fizzy like coca cola with that Vanillic untertone. But I don't care much for it after that. It smells like that generic new amber base that's in 80% of new mass produced fragrances with that pungent and sickly sweet vanilla and tonka mix. I do think this would be a good club scent as its ultra sweet but very synthetic. It reminded me of diesel fuel for life which I didn't like either. Also the almond is more nutty and bitter rather than soft like in infusion d'Amande . I think this needed more powder to soften it or florals and perhaps some Musk.
The sweet cherry
This Guerlain is from the fragrance just great class. Immediately after spraying on comes the association: cherry! Although it is not specified as a fragrance note, you can perceive it quite clearly. But it's not just cherry. The fragrance is very complex and deep, and you can smell that already in the top note. The leather makes it very masculine and another big player, almond, resonates subliminally all the time. If I had to describe L'Homme Ideal EDP with a keyword, then it would definitely be "luxurious", because he smells super noble and has niche character. And at an affordable price.

However, there is a catch. The durability. The fragrance does not last very long on the skin and has significant performance deficits, which is also reflected in the sillage. However, this is with a squeezed eye just okay.

Nevertheless, the Guerlain is for me personally the perfect winter fragrance, if you want to smell unique. Because one thing is clear, this fragrance is unique and you will smell different than many are used to, and in a pleasant noble way. About the performance, however, you have to be able to overlook.

A very deep, fruity-leathery, masculine fragrance that I can only recommend to everyone.
Too bad...
At the risk that I make myself unpopular, I'll just give my mustard to this perfume.
I tested the fragrance together with the Extreme variant about 2 weeks ago in a large drugstore chain. Surprised by the yet very different fragrance (cherry) and the hype that he currently receives from Jeremy F. - you may think of him what you want, but his recommendations I found so far (almost) always useful -, I thought to myself that I just get this one. Well, mistakes are there to be made.
When I then unpacked the fragrance full of anticipation and sprayed on again, the cherry note was to guess, but I smelled something out, which I had not noticed in the original test. Something quickly gave me a feeling of oppressive nausea. The resolution came in the heart note. It is the symbiosis of rose and especially incense that gives me this uneasiness. To me, it feels like a pungent accord that robs me of the illusion of a cherry. Too bad, really. However, those who can live with rose and incense or simply perceive cherry should not be put off by my review. Fragrances remain something personal :)
GivenchyPi
Cherry cola with a little marzipan
Very extravagant fragrance, reminiscent of a mixture of Cherry Coke with a little marzipan. The components are of pretty good quality.

The durability and especially the sillage are excellent. A very heavy and loud fragrance.

However, it is a little too sweet and too penetrating for me to rate it as perfect. However, who stands on very sweet fragrances, should definitely try this one.
Kai73
cherry cherry lady love's him
Tonka bean ! Spices ! Almond ! Rose ! = cherry ??? Yes he smells of cherry but he smells so incredibly strong ,beautiful ,expensive ,noble.

This fragrance is an absolute must have .great price for an insane fragrance
Two sprayers! TWO!!!!! And 8-9 HOURS are guaranteed . Positive it goes on when you enter a room and it is also guaranteed to leave the room after you ! One of my top three scents if not "THE SCENT . GUERLAIN does so much right, hopefully my nose will get to know many more scents from the house.
Aaron95
Can cherry be sexy and elegant? The proof
i ordered the fragrance blind. I have both the reviews here, as well as numerous YouTube videos tempted.
At the first spray I perceived very much Krische. A big load of fresh sweet almondy cherry.With the passage of time, the initial strong sweet crisp evolves into an elegant, somewhat pludrig and ledgrigem almond cherry mixture. I hate overly sweet scents so this scent was pure speculation. But I find the sweet aufjedenfall not too sweet. He holds very well and radiates on my skin also good. The initial sweetness fades after about 1 hour becomes a bit leathery. I find the fragrance especially for dates, or in everyday life on cooler days just great!

MirzAsim
Pleasant and conservative men's fragrance...
Thierry Wasser is a genius. He must be one of the best perfumers of our time. It's so often I try a fragrance, which has a terrific progression, evolving gently but clearly and naturally from top to heart to base, and which I love the smell of, and it proves to be another creation of Wasser.

This one opens so deliciously. One of the best starts I've smelled. The cherry is yummy but not too sweet. There's a leathery dryness, a tonka beans soft sweetness, a sandal woodiness that balances it all fantastically.

When it dries and the cherry is almost gone, there's a spicy smokiness that's different and just as gorgeous. A bit sweetness under it, rose? vanilla? tonka? still bound together by sandalwood.

Then when I think it's through, it progressed into yet another phase... How?!?! Seems like the cherry returns or is it rose? Becomes almost a bit fresher, does the bergamot from the initial blast pop up again. And suddenly there's a bitter almond. I have problems with almonds, my skin doesn't "give" it easily or my nose doesn't detect it easily. But there it is, popping up from under the rest and having me wonder if it gave a kind of magic to it all the whole way?

Yeah, this is pure alchemy. How can someone create a naturally evolving fragrance like this, where's so much (but not too much) to enjoy and keeps on going with clearly different facets. Masterfully blended. Hat off to you, Mr. Wasser! And Delphine Yelk of course encountered her name more often as well in great fragrances. This is one to love and cherish, and it's affordable... Gonna count my pennies.

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
Stunning powdery cherry almond scent. For my taste the best out of the line. Really special and unique
JFP26JFP26 3 months ago
Sexy, elegant sweet almondy-cherry mixed with a tiny touch of leather. Unisex. For all season all occasion except for high heat. Good one!
TRehfTRehf 4 months ago
Currently the best designer priced fragrance IMO. Very unique, great performance, very versatile. Male targeted but unisex. Great value.
DylanbluemanDylanblueman 4 months ago
Cherry leather? is this going to work? YES, yes it really does! all time favorite for sure
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This one is similar to the EdT with a stronger concentration. I prefer the "L'Homme Idéal L'Intense" with a stonger almond and a smoky note.
SpiffSpiff 2 years ago
Class in a bottle. Cherry, almond and guerlinade. Great performer but not cloying, good for any occasion in cooler weather or nights out.
BreadyBready 3 years ago
Amazing scent!
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
Habit Rouge EDP married Eau Sauvage EDP, added some sweetness, and one year later their so far only son was born - L'Homme Ideal EDP.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
What is here particularly impressive, are the subtle tea notes, which are worked in in a fine way (much better than at "Néroli Outrenoir").

Für den idealen Mann
by Venomrock101
by Chris5ch
by Chris5ch

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain