L'Homme Idéal 2016Eau de Parfum

L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Top 52 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAlmond, Bergamot, Spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Frankincense, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesLeathery notes, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.10.2020.

Great smell, but special
I have only recently come into possession of this perfume and would like to take a closer look at the fragrance as such here.

First of all I would like to say that the fragrance - DNA is in my opinion very successful. Unfortunately, it is one of those fragrances that I cannot/may not really wear myself although I like them. The reason for this is the rather feminine orientation of the composition.

At first the top note starts off quite promisingly masculine. The often described almond is very fresh and distinctive, almost masculine.
For me it becomes problematic only from the heart note. There cherry and rose come to the fore. These two notes are very well implemented, almost smell a little bit delicious, but in my opinion they do not manage to do justice to the name L'Homme Ideal.
All in all, you can see that Guerlain has succeeded in combining high-quality ingredients to create what I think is an outstanding fragrance. Unfortunately, unfortunately, just rather to a unisex fragrance.

The special composition and the experience with the fragrance suggest to me that the term unisex niche fragrance would be more appropriate. Nevertheless, the grumbling is on a very high level
OneMadHatter
From L'Homme and the perfume shops...
I am currently sorting out a whole lot of my fragrances. You know how it is, the collection takes the upper hand, you need space for new things, but some of them you just got fed up with or you didn't get warm with the scents. Real Parfumo-First-World-Problems...

After some sorting out, I was drawn back to the city centre to hunt for one or the other olfactory highlight. Since I've been very niche oriented lately, this time the task was to search in the lower to middle designer segment (and that's exactly where I classify the Guerlain).
First stop: A well-known perfumery for the middle to upper price segment including niche. Sew, nothing to it.
Then to a drugstore with a capital "M".
And I have to tell you about it, because it almost didn't work out with me and Guerlain So I'm testing myself through the ranks like this and a female employee approaches me. Asks if she can help me and show me some scents.
Of course she can! Right at the beginning she went for L'Homme Ideal, but in the EdT version. Horrible water, right back.
"Well, try this one" and handed me the EdP. And what can I say:
Bull's-eye. Cute, but not too cute. Spicy, but not oriental. (cardamom perhaps?)
Definitely almond and a wonderful fruit (many say cherry, I can understand, but rather a very dark one). The art: Everything without even the slightest hint of femininity. Sensational. And projected has the part. What a board. So I mumble to myself in the drugstore that I smell marzipan (almond) and a vanilla or tonka and something fruity. She replies in complete horror: "Certainly not. It's a leather scent."

At this point imagine the emoji with the two eyes almost falling out of your head.
For real? A leather scent? For a moment I doubted my (at least in my imagination) quite trained nose. But then one or two more scents made me doubt the trained staff. So I stopped the consultation and sprayed the thing on the skin. Off home with it. I was really frustrated. I almost didn't buy it. But then I just couldn't keep my nose off my arm. And that smell made up for everything. It's like an instant good mood scent. Wanted. Until it was gone (and that took time).

What I also do not want to disregard: The scent comes across very naturally. Every nuance smells as if it had just been freshly ground, pressed, fermented. With all the synthetics, you have to emphasize that already today.

The conclusion:
I then ordered it on the Internet.

Rephrasing
I smelled the scent in the perfumery and there it was very good. Had a good depth, leathery and a good sweet church with a tart undertone But when I bought it, I noticed that it didn't smell that bad. Neither leathery nor sweet, just artificial
Does anyone here have any information about reformulating the fragrance?
CalisThenx
Wait a minute, do I know him?!...
I treated myself to this good stuff after I smelled it at the Douglas At Douglas I didn't recognize the scent on the test strip, but after smelling it on my skin, I immediately recognized who this scent resembles, namely Insurrection Pure Wild 2, only this scent here is much more natural and round, but also much spicier in the heart note. In the beginning I smell a Cherry Coke, not too sweet, but the dark cherry is definitely noticeable. In the heart note, the fragrance changes and becomes almond-like, but also smoky, through the incense. In addition, something very earthy opens up, I think it is the rose. But it is a very dark and noble rose. More and more the vanilla comes to the fore, which combines with the almond and the cherry.
At the end I notice dark black leather, like from a chic sports car.

All in all this fragrance is really very round, spicy, earthy and sweet. Meanwhile in my Top 5. also the bottle is very beautiful and noble from heavy glass.

The durability is really abnormally good on my skin, I noticed it on my wrist 15h, the first 4h it radiated a lot and then from the 10th hour on it gradually became weaker. On my neck, however, I took it 24h, I could still feel it early in the morning after getting up when I went out with my dog. Really a monster
In addition, the price-performance ratio is also good, because on the Internet you can find 100ml for just under 50€, that's really clear.

If you want to have a nice spicy allrounder, you have come to the right place with the Guerlain, which is ideal! ;-)

Almond, Cherry and Spicy
I bought this based upon reviews all over the fragrance web. It’s a blind buy but worth it. The opening starts fresh and then dries down into a spicy almond and cherry. Not too spicy. The dry down is very sexy. Some may call this a winter fragrance but I’m think spring and fall. Very fresh. Becomes a skin scent after four hours on my skin, and that’s the only reason I gave this an 8 / 10.
The IDEAL
...with full expectation I erhilet the scent, especially the association with Cherry Coke made me curious. And what can I say, the smell exceeds my expectations. It is beautiful, sweet but still masculine, fresh and yet a bit tart. It has a bit of everything. According to the descriptions, I did not expect this freshness at all, so much the better, I will wear it in summer too. For my nose absolutely suitable.

Nuts With Cherry
This fragrance is weird, but endearing. It smells like what you would get if you crushed up walnut shells, and drizzled a little bit of cherry syrup on it. The stand out note in this is definitely the nut note. As this fragrance is first and foremost utterly nutty. But as you continue to wear it the other notes, like cherry and vanilla, begin to come out and it becomes an absolute treat to wear. Not that it isn’t to begin with, as I really like how nutty the beginning is, but I can definitely see it being a turn off for some people. This is definitely a fragrance where the juice and bottle are evocative of what the fragrance smells like. Mostly brown, but with just that slight hint of red and white around the label to let you know that there is a twist to what you’re gonna smell. I really do enjoy this fragrance. Remember to sample before purchasing.
Starpatrick
The cherry rose clouds my mind
Guerlain, Guerlain... A creation as worthy as a god. I've been waiting for a fragrance as fascinating as L'Homme Ideal! Such a round, deep and smooth I have rarely seen in this price range. 100ml for 50€ for this masterpiece? You can't complain about that.

The fragrance opens up relatively fresh for a gourmand! The bergamot note and the rose give the almond in the heart a great freshness kick, which later develops into a softer, sweet gourmand through the very present vanilla and the rather few present tonka bean on soft sandalwood. Unfortunately I do not notice incense and leather at all. Paired together it gives you a cherry feeling that lasts through the whole fragrance and lasts until the end. (I love it!) I get a good 9-10 hours out of the fragrance and the sillage is also quite nice, not skin-tight, but not a room filler either. Very creative, high quality, good value for money and I can't complain about durability and Sillage. Top!
J1ndujun
A bright star in gourmet heaven!
Where do I even start to tell? Actually L'Homme Idéal not even planned in my collection at first. First I wanted to try Spicebomb Extreme, which is supposed to be so good...or one of the Dior Homme series? Hmmm. So you watch some YouTube videos, because you want to get a first impression from experienced snoopers. But what do my little eyes see over and over again on the front places of presented rankings? Correct: L'Homme Idéal from Guerlain.

Hmmm, take a look at this one, it's not supposed to be that expensive. But I'm still a beginner when it comes to perfumery. Sweet gourmand? I don't know what I'm thinking about when I see it. I have no idea.
According to a clever search engine, a "gourmand" is a person who likes to eat a lot. That fits me perfectly, I thought and suddenly he was on my table at home and that for very little money
You can already guess by my evaluation where the journey is going to be...
I have mostly well-known designers standing at home and nobody smells like this! So sweet and playful and as delicious as a delicious dessert after a good meal, thanks to the Tonka bean! It's true that you can associate the fragrance with cherries, but it's amazing that this blend of top notes leads to such an impression. I'm really not an ace at smelling individual notes, but I've rarely smelled such a wonderful mixture of different scents
For me this fragrance is an absolute insider tip and especially in the transition period it is really pleasant to smell. It has a good shelf life and silage and the bottle also looks extremely high-quality.
L'Homme Idéal was definitely not a bad buy and gets an absolute buy recommendation from me!
BigB
From ideal men and the traditional house Guerlain
L'Homme Idéal. The fragrance for the "ideal" man. But how is "ideal" defined or does not everyone have a different idea of "ideal"? So can one fragrance fit all ideas of "ideal", the "ideal" universal tool? If Guerlain has his way, the ideal man of today is wrapped in a sweet-rosy scent cloud. Masculine? No. But still very wearable, if you like this kind of scent.

In my opinion, L'Homme Ideal EdP is the best fragrance in the range. Thierry Wasser and Delphine Jelk have (I think) deliberately designed a range that is quite "mainstream-heavy", but can still have its own character (for example the almond note that runs like a red thread through the fragrance range).

For many people who are intensively involved with fragrances and are also part of our community, the L'Homme Ideal series is often titled "inappropriate" for Guerlain. To "0815", too "boring", too "marketing". I can understand the criticism here. All the fragrances in this series can be recognized by more experienced noses as "less complex" than Guerlain's big names (Habit Rouge, Shalimar, Spiritueuse Double Vanilla, etc...). That's true, but why not create a fragrance series to make Guerlain accessible to younger and not yet so "fragrant" audiences?

After the first activation of the spray button (which I think is very good and releases an even and neat scent charge) you will perceive a warm and very nice sweetness, but without any of the ingredients used coming to the fore. L'Homme Ideal EdP is a gentle fragrance that is never "slapping" at any time, but wraps the wearer in a beautiful aura, which is especially the first two hours very good and can be perceived within a larger radius. After some time a cherry note crystallizes more and more, even if cherry is not mentioned in the pyramid of fragrances. For me, EdP is a fragrance that is very well perceptible over the entire fragrance process, even if it is closer to the skin. The durability is absolutely ok for an EdP and so far I have always received only positive feedback, both from men and women. If L'Homme Ideal EdP would be declared as a unisex scent, this would be absolutely understandable, as I can imagine it also being used by women (which would have to be reflected in a name change).

In my opinion, the fragrance is wearable in all seasons, but in summer it is more likely to be worn on colder and rainy days, as I think that otherwise it could unfortunately drift off a bit in a too pressingly sweet direction.

Guerlain has succeeded in creating a fragrance for the mainstream market, which is, however, completely independent and clearly stands out from the currently offered designer fragrance segment and can truly show niche level. I can say that I would have gladly paid more for this fragrance and would definitely not have regretted it.

My conclusion: An independent fragrance, which in my opinion stands out very positively from the current "mainstream fragrance assortment" and can be used for many occasions. The fact that Guerlain is currently trying to "cannibalize" the L'Homme Ideal line a bit and is launching Flanker at ever shorter intervals is something I think is a pity, but it can't be considered too "reprehensible" in today's world when companies and fragrance houses are trying to exploit all possible levels for new sales. Guerlain doesn't have to prove anything to anyone anymore, as they have already launched several iconic fragrances in the past. In times when craftsmanship still stood above profit margins and the like.
So: Well done Guerlain. I like to wear L'Homme Ideal EdP very much and can recommend it from my side.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 9 months ago
This one is similar to the EdT with a stronger concentration. I prefer the L'Homme Idéal L'IntenseL'Homme Idéal L'Intense with a stonger almond and a smoky note.
SpiffSpiff 12 months ago
Class in a bottle. Cherry, almond and guerlinade. Great performer but not cloying, good for any occasion in cooler weather or nights out.
BreadyBready 22 months ago
Amazing scent!
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
Habit Rouge EDP married Eau Sauvage EDP, added some sweetness, and one year later their so far only son was born - L'Homme Ideal EDP.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
What is here particularly impressive, are the subtle tea notes, which are worked in in a fine way (much better than at Néroli OutrenoirNéroli Outrenoir).

by sebjar
by Venomrock101
by Spiff
by Spiff

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain