L'Homme Idéal 2016Eau de Parfum

L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Top 33 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAlmond, Bergamot, Spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Frankincense, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesLeathery notes, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.01.2021.

Netflix cuddle scent
I'm waiting again for new fragrance samples and to bridge the infinite time I look through my collected fragrance samples. Nothing special, only what you normally get thrown in the perfumery mostly behind. Therefore, I also look through the men's samples, whether there is something hidden for me. Unfortunately no, unfortunately not at all...

To torture me further I look at fragrance reviews on YouTube. Since I've already sifted through most of them, I'm now looking at men's perfume recommendations and come across Gil Aroma. High quality videos and dry humor. In one video he briefly mentions L'Homme Idéal and there I find the description already appealing. In another video he describes it again. I'm totally curious about the cherry-almond variant. Didn't I see something from Guerlain Idéal earlier when I was looking through the men's samples? That would be a coincidence. I run to the samples and bingo, there is the darling. So immediately sprayed on paper. Ok a little cough syrupy but there is clearly also something cherry recognizable. During the day I check the sample again and again and like the scent. So the must be tried on the living object.
When my husband comes home, I'm already ready with the sample. He already knows the procedure and artfully rolls up his sleeve and holds out his arm to me. I spray and he walks away. I run after him. And, and???!!!! He sniffs his arm. Yeah, smells pretty good.
Now you must know that this is for my husband schone a special award. Harvest I but usually only a "is ok". "I want to smell too" I call and grab his arm. Mmmmmmhhhh oh yes - cherry - cinnamon - almond - vanilla simply heavenly leckerrrrrrr.
From the intensity and spiciness (especially cinnamon) and vanilla it reminds me of the Spicebomb by Victor & Rolf Extreme.
However, the scent quickly becomes more subtle and whenever my subject walks past me, I perceive a light and delicious custard with cherries scent. I melt away.
1-2 hours later we enjoy our end of the day on the couch. I snuggle into his arm in a way that I can sniff his arm with my nose.

For me, the absolute Netflix couch cuddle scent. Goes of course also in front of the fireplace well to play chess (Sagt yes no one, that it can not also be about stripping chess). Nevertheless, rather the quiet seducer, the cuddly, the tender.

The next day I miss my treasure and the beautiful cuddly scent. There is still the paper sample and it actually still smells super good. On the living object, the scent has not kept allzugange, it became very quickly very skin and soft. This is my only point of criticism.

This is so delicious, oh what the heck, I just spray on myself. I do not like to wear men's fragrances and usually I strike already with unisex...

How I perceive him on me: First comes again this cough syrup note, but quickly follows the Amaretto chord of almond, tonka and vanilla and actually it is more Amaretto with me and I perceive the cherry not so extreme. Now the incense is already wafting towards me, making it a bit more pungent (this is usually the case with me and men's perfumes). But it passes quickly and I perceive a leather smell (I didn't notice it at all yesterday), dark brown leather even, very nice.
After about 3 hours, the scent is then also on me skin, it remains a vanilla almond milk with some suede.

So, now I can unfortunately no longer continue writing, must research on the net, where there is a good deal for the Guerlain L'Homme Idéal.

See you soon
Your Thunder Girl
The Sweet Cherry Leather
The Guerlain L'Homme Ideal was highly praised by many, has always received good reviews and he was predicted compliments.
For this reason, he was bought blind. Initially a bit scared and suspicious, he is now one of my absolute favorite fragrances. Sweet-smoky with a subtle church note. Absolutely unique which stands out by its uniqueness of many fragrances and in my opinion will certainly bring in many compliments.

The top note begins sweet-citrus-like, which fades after a few seconds. Remains a sweet, oriental, smoky heart note with a small leather touch. The base note goes into a vanilla-like leather smell, which resembles a little after cherry.
Also to note is from the heart note the Bulgarian rose, the almonds, however, are not really perceptible to me.

The shelf life are good 6-8 hours. After only a few hours, however, it becomes more discreet and rather a skin-close fragrance. So could be better. On the street outdoors, this is almost no longer perceptible, but this can also be an advantage. Thus, you can wear it very well in small rooms, without even in the approach obtrusive or disturbing.

For me, it is a very smoky-sweet-leathery fragrance that needs a certain enema time. So this fragrance was rated poorly by me initially, and is now an absolute must in my fragrance collection. It definitely belongs in the category of leather scents, although it definitely stands out from the other leather scents due to the slight sweet fruity note. So possibly caution you have to like. Personally, I see the fragrance on dates or other nighttime activities. Otherwise, he can be worn suitably very well in the rather cold seasons.

All in all, a decent and unique fragrance that goes its own way and rightly deserves a high placement.
Basically good!
Again, in my opinion, some harsh reviews in this series are about much more than the reviewed fragrance alone. Perhaps some feel, if he had a few in the hand (or the nose), obliged to give the Guerlain connoisseur. And this impression is perhaps most easily created by writing L'Homme Idéal into the ground. Perhaps others feel their identity threatened by what the L'Homme Idéal fragrance family represents, or more generally, by unisex and gender-biased language. The age-old, black-pedagogical lament of effeminacy is an outgrowth of this crisis-like positioning vis-à-vis one's own gender or gendering itself. (In the following, asterisks are omitted, since addressees here are such CIS men, who are still best left without being called). These and other resentments, as one encounters them here in blogs, statements and comments not in excess, but frequently enough, are, however, somewhat transparent reflexes, which in themselves offer a good reason to contrast these and similar criticisms with some fundamental aspects. That is the intention of this commentary. There is little to add to the pure scent descriptions here anyway.

Four questions, four answers and an equally brief conclusion to L'Homme Idéal and the state of the world:

1. Is L'Homme Idéal creative?

Basically, it is obvious that this fragrance has role models, a longer series of very successful fragrances, at the beginning of which one may probably locate Dior Homme edP (even if there are certainly earlier, less popular predecessors to name). On the basis of this path dependency alone, the excitement that characterizes some comments seems to me hardly comprehensible. However: in keeping with its considerable reputation, Wasser does not simply copy, but rather reconstructs, or rather permutes, the basic structure of the 'new men's fragrance' of the 2000s, into a new creation in its own right. Of course, L'Homme Idéal ties in, and does not represent a creation out of thin air. Nevertheless, Water is creative, re-arranging the known and creating something new in the process.

2. Is L'Homme Idéal Guerlainesque (enough)?

Water uses here ingredients that are less likely to evoke shivers of alienation or horror, but such fragrances that seem both new and familiar at the same time. This may be called 'mainstream' or 'chain drugstore', but in essence it is no more and no less than the legitimate re-interpretation of one of several parallel, well-established forms of what might be called the current 'olfactory zeitgeist'. By representing a social trend, L'Homme Idéal certainly plays on a familiar and popular keyboard. However, neither does it thereby involve other Guerlains, nor can L'Homme Idéal be defined by them.

3. Is L'Homme Idéal unmanly?

The re-constitution of the male image in the fragrance industry does not make 'the masculine' 'less masculine', which some commentators nevertheless seem to fear. Rather, it links global or general real factors with new olfactory sensory worlds of experience (ideal factors) that make it possible to lend an adequate, aesthetic expression to the shape of what one might call the quintessence of social knowledge about masculinity in the present day. To reject this in principle was to refuse the passage of time, historical development, and nothing less than the progressive process of civilization.

4. What can 'ideal' mean?

L'Homme Idéal stands for this with its name: The (fragrance) essence of an intersubjective imagination that seeks to correspond to how men can and want to be perceived in the given contemporary society. The 'ideal man' is, of course, (!) not everyone (not even every man): first of all, he is not bound to a certain set of chromosomes at all. His defining characteristics are not biological-material, but cultural, political, artistic, in a word: ideal. In this sense, L'Homme Idéal does not represent the ideal man, but an image of a man who frees himself from the obsessions of his physical superiority (or inadequacy) and realizes himself in and through his humanity. His program says: 'have no fear!'

Conclusion:

True, we live (fortunately) far from trenches and times when Mann would stereotypically fear 'men' in Homme Idéal would lower their submachine guns and do what they might be supposed to do if they mutually (acknowledge) each other as human beings. Nevertheless, today it is also fragrances like this Guerlain whose socio-cultural significance is precisely to distinguish the individual from the global, the reactionary from the contemporary attitude, and to objectify (in scent) the difference expressed in the process. Long live the gentle revolution of sweet fragrances pour homme -and long live the creeping difference.
Powder and almond cherry
My dears, it's time. I am now writing my first comment on a fragrance that has accompanied me for a long time and which I have dug out again due to the ever colder days.

First to the fragrance:
It starts out minimally citric with a strong cherry note right at the beginning. This citrusy note could be blood orange or orange, or as can be seen in the pyramid of fragrances: bergamot, which resembles a beautiful blood orange through the combination with almond. But the cherry note quickly gains the upper hand, and the somewhat woody almond is added subliminally. This good mixture, which always seems to work (Lost Cherry produces similar vibes at the beginning) is underlined and refined by oriental spices.

Sou, that's it for the pretty linear scent. I want to keep it short and crisp, so here's my...

CONCLUSION:
If you are looking for a casual everyday fragrance for winter that always fits, is never too intrusive and always surrounds you with a beautiful aura, this is the right place for you. The fragrance is powdery and woody and brings a few compliments here and there when approaching pretty women. But if you're really only looking for compliments, you might want to look elsewhere.

Feel free to leave me a comment and share your opinions with me. I am open for discussion. Sorry if I was a little too brief. I prefer to be direct and short. I hope that my comment could still help some of you to make a purchase decision. Peace out.
The marzipan-cherry-almond from Guerlain - Scratchy skin, soft core
As a fragrance novice on a voyage of discovery into the mostly unknown realms of spicy-sweet autumn and winter fragrances, I have recently been making 1-2 stops a week at the turquoise shop to scent my wrists out of pure curiosity. Anything only halfway interesting is first of all bought as bottling in the souk (thanks, thanks to all of you for this great opportunity!) and tested for a few days. Among them Guerlains L'Homme Idéal Extrême. When I first became aware of this brand or fragrance series, I noticed the EdP version in the Parfumo-Top-100 (men's fragrances). I did not know it yet. But because of the good ratings and promising reviews (I read about a high-quality cherry note and a mass-suited designer scent but in a noble and niche character) I simply ordered a sample
FLAKON
Just got a bottle from the souk. Therefore no comment and no rating for the bottle.

DURABILITY & SILLAGE
In everyday life I get by with three or four sprayers for a good 7 hours. On cosy days the fragrance lasts up to 10 hours. In the first 45-60 minutes after spraying, the scent projects very strongly on my skin, almost filling the room. But then it withdraws very quickly into the close range and after 2 to 3 hours it can only be perceived almost skin-tight.

STEAM or STEAM RUN
L'Homme Idéal EdP opens sparkling and lively with creamy bergamot, dry-coumarin notes and fruity powdery-sugary sweetness. Herbaceous-spicy notes and something slightly pungent, which I would most likely define as lavender (reminds me a bit of dried tarragon?). In the background, a subtle vanilla warmth comes through. I find it rather difficult to isolate individual notes or ingredients with this fragrance. The characteristic almond is a bit hidden but still unmistakably marzipan-like. After a short time I notice bitter almond oil or benzaldehyde (also known as cherry flavour) - besides almonds and (powdered) sugar a typical ingredient for marzipan. To round off the taste, marzipan is often mixed with a little rose water. And so it is only logical that after 15-20 minutes a fruity-honey rose note rises to my nose, making the previously rather dry fragrance beautifully full-bodied and round. At the latest now it goes unmistakably into squeaky-sweet gourmand terrain. I smell mainly juicy and powdery-sweet marzipan, but I can't help thinking of red wine gum (somewhere between English wine gum and these Haribo cherries). In the next 1-2 hours, more prominent vanilla and a little incense gradually steer the fragrance in a different direction. Namely in that of a sweet-smoky-scratchy tobacco or leather accord. The marzipan and cherry-like notes weaken, but remain present. There are also dry-coumarin, herbaceous-spicy or slightly tart nuances which I cannot classify with any certainty. A connection to vanilla bean or tonka bean seems obvious to me, but I cannot explain it further. Further associations are benzoin, balsam, coumarin/ hay, dried herbs, camphor, lavender. Because of this slightly "greenish" touch, I am thinking more of pipe tobacco than leather. But this scratchiness is gradually disappearing, while sandalwood and vanilla round off the warm and spicy scent
APPLICATION
I would classify L'Homme Idéal edp as a spicy fruity-sweet day and evening fragrance for the cooler months. Suitable both for leisure and for a more informal working environment. For all its gourmand playfulness, I find it altogether very mature, so that I see it more on people over 30 and in at least "casual-chic" wardrobe than on people in their mid-twenties with hoodies and running shoes. But everyone as he thinks.

CONCLUSION
I don't know the scent DNA of L'Homme Idéal EdP from any other perfume. Whether this alone justifies a predicate like "niche quality", I don't know. At least this scent is interesting. That's why it has potential to attract attention - through its individual character, not through volume. Whether it then not only attracts attention but also attracts attention is of course another question.

I'm torn. I really like the rich marzipan chord with a honey cherry rose touch. As well as the spicy-soft end of the fragrance. In between, however, the fragrance is often a bit too restless for me. The herbaceous-arsh notes and the scratchy incense (dis-)destroy the otherwise successful gourmand overall picture, instead of fitting in. I also find the occasional association with sticky artificial Haribo cherries rather unpleasant. Concerning these negative points it should be said that they are mainly noticeable from close up when I virtually flatten my nose on the scent. In the silage of the fragrance they are less important. Despite their seductive-sweet appeal, I don't like to bite into Guerlain's marzipan-cherry-almond in the end.

ScentSlave
A softer scent that dries into a sexy sillage;
that’d be my best “roundup review”. When I say “softer” I’m talking about that powdery, floral introduction it starts with. It can definitely be characterized as a unisexual fragrance. As it dries down the floral intro fades into a vanilla/tonka base that seems VERY familiar. I can’t quite put my finger on what it reminds me of, but there is another fragrance that shares a very similar tone in dry down.

It projects outward to roughly 2-3ft in radius, but it’s one of those that you become oblivious in the olfactory sense as a wearer (but people around you WILL definitely feel the projection). The sillage is also affected in the same way (self oblivion), but has a good, solid sillage resonance.

I can see some men finding it to be too feminine for them, especially in the opening, but I absolutely LOVE the dry down. That nutty, vanilla-tonka feel it gives is ridiculously addicting... I find myself constantly reaching for another whiff.

Now it’s time for me to find out what scent it shares the dry down with... or I’m going to go CrAzY...
Great smell, but special
I have only recently come into possession of this perfume and would like to take a closer look at the fragrance as such here.

First of all I would like to say that the fragrance - DNA is in my opinion very successful. Unfortunately, it is one of those fragrances that I cannot/may not really wear myself although I like them. The reason for this is the rather feminine orientation of the composition.

At first the top note starts off quite promisingly masculine. The often described almond is very fresh and distinctive, almost masculine.
For me it becomes problematic only from the heart note. There cherry and rose come to the fore. These two notes are very well implemented, almost smell a little bit delicious, but in my opinion they do not manage to do justice to the name L'Homme Ideal.
All in all, you can see that Guerlain has succeeded in combining high-quality ingredients to create what I think is an outstanding fragrance. Unfortunately, unfortunately, just rather to a unisex fragrance.

The special composition and the experience with the fragrance suggest to me that the term unisex niche fragrance would be more appropriate. Nevertheless, the grumbling is on a very high level
OneMadHatter
From L'Homme and the perfume shops...
I am currently sorting out a whole lot of my fragrances. You know how it is, the collection takes the upper hand, you need space for new things, but some of them you just got fed up with or you didn't get warm with the scents. Real Parfumo-First-World-Problems...

After some sorting out, I was drawn back to the city centre to hunt for one or the other olfactory highlight. Since I've been very niche oriented lately, this time the task was to search in the lower to middle designer segment (and that's exactly where I classify the Guerlain).
First stop: A well-known perfumery for the middle to upper price segment including niche. Sew, nothing to it.
Then to a drugstore with a capital "M".
And I have to tell you about it, because it almost didn't work out with me and Guerlain So I'm testing myself through the ranks like this and a female employee approaches me. Asks if she can help me and show me some scents.
Of course she can! Right at the beginning she went for L'Homme Ideal, but in the EdT version. Horrible water, right back.
"Well, try this one" and handed me the EdP. And what can I say:
Bull's-eye. Cute, but not too cute. Spicy, but not oriental. (cardamom perhaps?)
Definitely almond and a wonderful fruit (many say cherry, I can understand, but rather a very dark one). The art: Everything without even the slightest hint of femininity. Sensational. And projected has the part. What a board. So I mumble to myself in the drugstore that I smell marzipan (almond) and a vanilla or tonka and something fruity. She replies in complete horror: "Certainly not. It's a leather scent."

At this point imagine the emoji with the two eyes almost falling out of your head.
For real? A leather scent? For a moment I doubted my (at least in my imagination) quite trained nose. But then one or two more scents made me doubt the trained staff. So I stopped the consultation and sprayed the thing on the skin. Off home with it. I was really frustrated. I almost didn't buy it. But then I just couldn't keep my nose off my arm. And that smell made up for everything. It's like an instant good mood scent. Wanted. Until it was gone (and that took time).

What I also do not want to disregard: The scent comes across very naturally. Every nuance smells as if it had just been freshly ground, pressed, fermented. With all the synthetics, you have to emphasize that already today.

The conclusion:
I then ordered it on the Internet.

Rephrasing
I smelled the scent in the perfumery and there it was very good. Had a good depth, leathery and a good sweet church with a tart undertone But when I bought it, I noticed that it didn't smell that bad. Neither leathery nor sweet, just artificial
Does anyone here have any information about reformulating the fragrance?
CalisThenx
Wait a minute, do I know him?!...
I treated myself to this good stuff after I smelled it at the Douglas At Douglas I didn't recognize the scent on the test strip, but after smelling it on my skin, I immediately recognized who this scent resembles, namely Insurrection Pure Wild 2, only this scent here is much more natural and round, but also much spicier in the heart note. In the beginning I smell a Cherry Coke, not too sweet, but the dark cherry is definitely noticeable. In the heart note, the fragrance changes and becomes almond-like, but also smoky, through the incense. In addition, something very earthy opens up, I think it is the rose. But it is a very dark and noble rose. More and more the vanilla comes to the fore, which combines with the almond and the cherry.
At the end I notice dark black leather, like from a chic sports car.

All in all this fragrance is really very round, spicy, earthy and sweet. Meanwhile in my Top 5. also the bottle is very beautiful and noble from heavy glass.

The durability is really abnormally good on my skin, I noticed it on my wrist 15h, the first 4h it radiated a lot and then from the 10th hour on it gradually became weaker. On my neck, however, I took it 24h, I could still feel it early in the morning after getting up when I went out with my dog. Really a monster
In addition, the price-performance ratio is also good, because on the Internet you can find 100ml for just under 50€, that's really clear.

If you want to have a nice spicy allrounder, you have come to the right place with the Guerlain, which is ideal! ;-)

Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
This one is similar to the EdT with a stronger concentration. I prefer the L'Homme Idéal L'IntenseL'Homme Idéal L'Intense with a stonger almond and a smoky note.
SpiffSpiff 1 year ago
Class in a bottle. Cherry, almond and guerlinade. Great performer but not cloying, good for any occasion in cooler weather or nights out.
BreadyBready 2 years ago
Amazing scent!
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
Habit Rouge EDP married Eau Sauvage EDP, added some sweetness, and one year later their so far only son was born - L'Homme Ideal EDP.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
What is here particularly impressive, are the subtle tea notes, which are worked in in a fine way (much better than at Néroli OutrenoirNéroli Outrenoir).

by sebjar
by Deep666
by Venomrock101
by Venomrock101

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain