L'Homme Idéal 2016 Eau de Parfum

L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Top 30 in Men's Perfume
L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAlmondAlmond BergamotBergamot SpicesSpices
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian roseBulgarian rose FrankincenseFrankincense VanillaVanilla
Base Notes Base NotesLeathery notesLeathery notes SandalwoodSandalwood Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.05.2022.

Chewing gum??
Actually, you do not have to say much I describe it times in the points:

Smell: cherry bubble gum
Shelf life: just under 8 hours

that's it more you do not have to say very briefly described.

Who wants to know more, he smells very pleasant cherry gum. The shelf life is on the skin just under 8 hours and close to the skin a few hours more. The bottle is beautiful and simple but nothing special. For the price there are many fragrances, if you like him or loves you will pay the money but who finds him OKAY would probably rather not get him except he is grade on sale.
First WOW meanwhile quite good
I wanted the fragrance last year for Christmas and therefore now had a long time to test it. Was very excited at the time because it was my first fragrance that was not a classic Blue Fragrance. In summary, a nice fragrance for autumn and winter if you want to slowly move away from the standard designers.

First impression:
Before I have wished in me I have smelled him several times at Douglas and was each time very taken. This cherry in the nose (which is not indicated in the notes) has simply taken me. He is already quite sweet however not so sweet that it becomes unpleasant for most.

What I perceive:
What I perceive mainly is the cherry, the almond and the tonka bean. Leather I feel unlike most with whom I have talked about the fragrance, only relatively subtle. After a while, when the cherry is almost gone, a nice woody note and some incense comes out. Unfortunately, the dry-down develops in a somewhat more mainstream direction than the bombastic opening.

My environment:
The fragrance is for me now no extreme Compliment getter but that is for me also not so important. More importantly, there has never been an unpleasant reaction to the fragrance.

Would I recommend him/buy again?
In principle, it depends on for whom. For the non-enthusiast who wants to try a designer again, No. For someone who only wears designers and wants to dare something without spending a lot of money and still wants to stay in his designer bubble, Yes in any case.
The Master of Fine Arts
A few years ago I wanted to try a new daily driver and purchased Bleu de Chanel. Already in the going I still remembered that I would like to have extra something "wintery". The seller recommended the Guerlain l'homme ideal, which I took without further ado.

Once home, I tested the perfumes and put the Guerlain away. I used the Chanel for a long time. Then I was joined by a few other men's fragrances, which I alternated.
At some point, I got the idea to sort out unworn things and there also had the Guerlain on the test bench. Sprayed, no, this cherry bomb I no longer need, can go away. But once it is already applied, then I see how it develops.

Fascinating how quickly you change your mind. After the first fierce cherry impression has settled, a really very nice almond-wood note with a little incense comes out. Completely different from the "usual suspects", this perfume shows what it can do. A great gourmandiges Wässerchen with a great tendency to the noble.
Guerlain l'homme ideal smells very very luxurious indeed, it fits wonderfully with Cuban colors and joie de vivre. It is not too sweet despite the cherry note, but balances clearly the masculine side. It remains nevertheless quite close and smells not complete rooms too.
In the further description, I do not want to use the word "elegant". This fragrance is not elegant, but clearly goes in the direction of "dignified". It is not a perfume for geometrically styled people or hyperactive jocks, no, here the cultivated connoisseur looks mischievously around the corner. A sedate man who wears bright suits and gold watches as a matter of course.

I've been putting it on consistently for over a week now, very subtly dosed (one spray each two to three times a day) and I'm still very impressed. In fact, I'm even considering using it permanently as a signature scent, my wife really likes it too.
A very important factor for me: it doesn't give me a headache, I'm very sensitive here. I still have Prada l'homme, Chanel Allure homme, Salvatore Ferragamo, etc. in the inventory, which I can therefore almost never wear and will therefore go on sale.

Who wants to have an exquisite and high-quality fragrance, which is also quite affordable and individually designed, the Guerlain l'homme ideal to the heart. The bottle looks great and the sprayer works perfectly. The shelf life I would like to specify with about 5 hours.
Cherry & Bitter Almond
Rarely has a designer fragrance evoked such a strong emotion in me. This fragrance is really very finely balanced. The sweetness of the cherry, that sperrig-samtene of the bitter almond. And that subtle masculine sweetness. The longevity is also quite remarkable. A very balanced composition. And at a manageable price. This fragrance belongs in almost every fragrance collection. Caution, sniffing danger.
Parfumsnow
Guerlain EAU de Parfum or Opium?!
Short and sweet, great fragrance, both durability and sillage, but it was a blind purchase based on the good reviews here, and s I had sprayed the 1st time on my wrist I thought: you know somewhere, have already smelled something like that"
Ungelogen 3 days I had thought about after each time spray, where I know this fragrance.
And it is in my opinion definitely Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. A classic.
It definitely smells just like Opium.
Durability on clothes is enough until the next day. I would say initially with too much dorsing he can smell too extreme, but settles after a short time in one. Harmonious companion that you can always perceive at any movement. Guerlain has done nothing wrong with this fragrance, and blind purchase was not a failure
My darling!
When I read through reviews here, I often envy the writers for their eloquence. Unfortunately, I can not serve with that.

I have been looking for a perfume that I can wear every day for years. Am unfortunately a bit very picky.... Opened the package... sprayed... "mhmm... goes so"

After 10 minutes I could not stop smelling myself.

I don't own as many fragrances as some here but I have to say this became my absolute favorite. That sweet...that cherry.... the entire product is a masterpiece. I have me thereupon directly still a second 100ML bottle bought.

For anyone who stands on a cherry note absolutely recommendable and for anyone who wants to have an easy to like fragrance for a or his wife also. I think that ding is ne safe thing!

High praise to Thierry water

Guerlain L'Homme Ideal EDP
I love the fresh sparkley opening with the Bergamot and spices. It's fizzy like coca cola with that Vanillic untertone. But I don't care much for it after that. It smells like that generic new amber base that's in 80% of new mass produced fragrances with that pungent and sickly sweet vanilla and tonka mix. I do think this would be a good club scent as its ultra sweet but very synthetic. It reminded me of diesel fuel for life which I didn't like either. Also the almond is more nutty and bitter rather than soft like in infusion d'Amande . I think this needed more powder to soften it or florals and perhaps some Musk.
The sweet cherry
This Guerlain is from the fragrance just great class. Immediately after spraying on comes the association: cherry! Although it is not specified as a fragrance note, you can perceive it quite clearly. But it's not just cherry. The fragrance is very complex and deep, and you can smell that already in the top note. The leather makes it very masculine and another big player, almond, resonates subliminally all the time. If I had to describe L'Homme Ideal EDP with a keyword, then it would definitely be "luxurious", because he smells super noble and has niche character. And at an affordable price.

However, there is a catch. The durability. The fragrance does not last very long on the skin and has significant performance deficits, which is also reflected in the sillage. However, this is with a squeezed eye just okay.

Nevertheless, the Guerlain is for me personally the perfect winter fragrance, if you want to smell unique. Because one thing is clear, this fragrance is unique and you will smell different than many are used to, and in a pleasant noble way. About the performance, however, you have to be able to overlook.

A very deep, fruity-leathery, masculine fragrance that I can only recommend to everyone.
Too bad...
At the risk that I make myself unpopular, I'll just give my mustard to this perfume.
I tested the fragrance together with the Extreme variant about 2 weeks ago in a large drugstore chain. Surprised by the yet very different fragrance (cherry) and the hype that he currently receives from Jeremy F. - you may think of him what you want, but his recommendations I found so far (almost) always useful -, I thought to myself that I just get this one. Well, mistakes are there to be made.
When I then unpacked the fragrance full of anticipation and sprayed on again, the cherry note was to guess, but I smelled something out, which I had not noticed in the original test. Something quickly gave me a feeling of oppressive nausea. The resolution came in the heart note. It is the symbiosis of rose and especially incense that gives me this uneasiness. To me, it feels like a pungent accord that robs me of the illusion of a cherry. Too bad, really. However, those who can live with rose and incense or simply perceive cherry should not be put off by my review. Fragrances remain something personal :)
GivenchyPi
Cherry cola with a little marzipan
Very extravagant fragrance, reminiscent of a mixture of Cherry Coke with a little marzipan. The components are of pretty good quality.

The durability and especially the sillage are excellent. A very heavy and loud fragrance.

However, it is a little too sweet and too penetrating for me to rate it as perfect. However, who stands on very sweet fragrances, should definitely try this one.

GeorgeReidGeorgeReid 1 month ago
A soft cherry and almond scent, with a little spice. Ideal is an amazing smell and is also my main autumn/winter fragrance.
EdifierEdifier 5 months ago
The spices remind me of Spicebomb. This is classier than Spicebomb which I gave away because it rarely gets cold enough here to wear it.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
Stunning powdery cherry almond scent. For my taste the best out of the line. Really special and unique
JFP26JFP26 1 year ago
Sexy, elegant sweet almondy-cherry mixed with a tiny touch of leather. Unisex. For all season all occasion except for high heat. Good one!
TRehfTRehf 1 year ago
Currently the best designer priced fragrance IMO. Very unique, great performance, very versatile. Male targeted but unisex. Great value.
DylanbluemanDylanblueman 1 year ago
Cherry leather? is this going to work? YES, yes it really does! all time favorite for sure
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This one is similar to the EdT with a stronger concentration. I prefer the "L'Homme Idéal L'Intense" with a stonger almond and a smoky note.
SpiffSpiff 3 years ago
Class in a bottle. Cherry, almond and guerlinade. Great performer but not cloying, good for any occasion in cooler weather or nights out.
BreadyBready 3 years ago
Amazing scent!
AmberScentAmberScent 4 years ago
Habit Rouge EDP married Eau Sauvage EDP, added some sweetness, and one year later their so far only son was born - L'Homme Ideal EDP.

Für den idealen Mann
by JackofSpades
by TigerFrag
by TigerFrag

Popular by Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Derby (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain