L'Homme Idéal L'Intense 2018

L'Homme Idéal L'Intense by Guerlain
L'Homme Idéal L'Intense is a popular perfume by Guerlain for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesChili, Cardamom, Almond
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Bulgarian rose, Cistus
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Smoky notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 13.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is French model Aurelien Muller.

My Smokey Lover!
Guerlain's L'Homme Ideal L'Intense is definitely a different take on the EDT or EDP versions. I really enjoy this one. It opens soft and then gets more intense in the mid and the dry-down.

Very rich, deep, dark and mysterious. Still has the almond accords of the EDT and EDP which is a love for me. Lots of incense and smokiness in this one.

Definitely great for fall and winter, and I'm glad I have this in my collection. A 9 / 10 for me and glad I have another Guerlain in my collection.
DonJuanDeCat
Even mainstream can be great!
Hi folks, here I am again and today I'm telling you about a men's fragrance by Guerlain. You know I love Guerlain and I love testing their fragrances. But for some reason, some of the L'Homme Idéal fragrances have passed me by. After the EDT, EDP and Cologne, there were some more fragrances of this series released in the last years, but apparently I was only busy testing more women's fragrances and getting annoyed about perfumes (or even the perfumes themselves,... I don't know, something like that... :D), so that this series was a little bit lost, which was a pity, because I really like this fragrance series.

So I thought it was time for these fragrances again, after I found them lined up on a shelf and it looked great how the different flankers in different colors sparkled in the light and invited you to test them, which is usually only the case with women's fragrances:D Furthermore, I have always found that these fragrances, at least the EDP, have scented like a cheaper alternative to the excellent Tonka Imperiale, at least a little bit, which then acts as a further boost of motivation, since the Tonka Imperiale is a really great fragrance.

Well then, here's L'Homme Idéal Intense from 2018, and as there are some new L'Homme Idéal fragrances out there, I'll be testing and commenting on all the others over time. That means, I'm not running out of comments yet and yes,... maybe some of you are happy about this while others are disappointed because they hoped to get rid of me here, he he :D

Later, however, I still smell tonka and spices. The spices are a little weaker later, but they are there and go very well with the autumn/winter trimmed fragrance. For a short while, a little leather flashes up, but disappears quickly or retreats very much into the background, so that you can only smell it when you press your nose against the skin. The same applies to patchouli, which is about as strong (or weak) as the leather.
In the base I still smell sweetish powdery notes, which now smell like a mix of tonka bean and vanilla. The spices don't get any weaker, so that they can be smelled in the base for a while, and the smell actually gets a little bit smokier as stated. I could be wrong, but I still have the feeling that every now and then you can smell a typical mainstream-synthetic, which luckily didn't turn out horrible, so that this doesn't bother me at all.
I really like the later base, as the fragrance then appears nice and spicy-sweet and warm, especially as the light synthetic then radiates even less. All in all, L'Homme Idéal Intense has become a beautiful fragrance to look at.

The silage and the durability:*
The Sillage is good, but no firecracker. To be honest, I even imagined something stronger for a winter scent, but well, I guess the scent will be good to smell on you for a while without having to get too close. But the shelf life is quite good with eight hours.

Of course I would have to test the EDT or the EDP again, because I don't remember these scents so much and therefore I can't say which one I like better, but either way, I think this one is worth testing, unless of course you perfumers perceive such mainstream scents like cheap drugstore scents, so you'd rather stick your noses into niche scents:D All I can tell you is that you could miss out on a lot of things with such a setting (and supposedly there are some pearls among the cheapest drugstore scents... I don't know which ones, though, as I usually ignore drugstore scents as well, because I'm such a hypocrite... :DDD).

All right, guys, that's it for me for today. I wish you all a wonderful evening and,... see you :)

Emorandeira
Common dry down, much better opening
I can find to different times when i wear this perfume. First of all the opening. It is amazing. A mixture between almond, chili, vanilla, rose (and i think some cherry as Well as in the edp normal versión) very different and original and really nice. The first time i smelt It remwmber to have thought...WoW! Wonderful! Probably my Next favourite perfume!... But between one hour and half an hour later this spicy and sweet charge begins to los down and to the dry down begins to be more noticeble the smoki notes with the vanilla and a mix of Woods. The sillage go down fast to becoming a skin scent and from this moment this fragance is very close to some of the other smoky vanilla fragances that we can find un the market. Is It bad? Of course not, but is not as good and as original as the opening is... I would give a 10 to the opening but a 7 yo the dry down. Even so i have bought the perfume and i use sometimes though the performance is just average.
Chevalier
Well-trodden paths are the safest, but there is a lot of traffic. Jeff Taylor
How did I look forward to the strong with power smelling relatively new Intense of Mr. Water. The packaging, the design is first class.
And then?????
That can't be, something like that has been reissued here. Intense? Miles away from the much more dominant and stronger firstling ideal homme. What happened here, Mr. Water? This Intense with the Chilli is on the odor level of an eau de toilette, here it is impressively proven that the naming has nothing but nothing to do with the fragrance concentration. This dark one has the texture of a cologne, not more but also not less.

The favorite place of the fragrance, Guerlain has put here again a coarse diver. Unbelievable how such a house flopped LVHM under such an even bigger roof. I can't understand it, the others from the same series are all very good, qualitatively each a benchmark, only this one was either tested on Monday or confused with another one, which is now sold somewhere in the mainstream.
The components all sound very good, the result is a better shower fragrance.

I am curious and hope that this mayfly was only a slip, the prices of Guerlain are not very cheap. There you have to expect more from a fragrance like this and above all not just walk on paths without love.

Mr. Water, I have already seen many interviews and videos of you, I know the next smell of you will be a full success again!

Jazzy76
Someday He'll come along...
"Someday He'll come along The man I loveand He'll be big and strongThe man I love..."
These are the opening lyrics of a famous song written by Ira and george Gershwin and I thought to this jazz standard when I saw and tested for the first time this intense perfume.
First of all, the name: the ideal man. A concentrate of all the good qualities you search in every man.
How can a perfume describe the ideal man ? "He'll be big and strong" says the song. Well, here we are a spicy opening with the cardamom and a warm Almond which give immediately a deep touch to the acchord.
Then, a leather and cistus heart with an unexpected touch of a gentle and "feminin" rose. It's the yin part that we find in the yang perfume. A touch of sensitivity.
Finally,a strong and and deep base of patchouli, sandalwood and Smoky notes but with a touch of sweetness given by the vanilla, not sweetish but very warm and a little cocooning.
The sillage is strong and the longevity good. The black bottle , squared and elegant, is very classy, in the Guerlain's style. Well, if this scent was a man, it could be my "Homme idéal", the man I love.
Time to worry
I don't want to be big on the scent itself. It is a spicy, aromatic-intensive, richly accentuated piquant scent. It is well done and spontaneously inspires. Sillage and endurance are above average.

What's the problem?

I got L'Homme Idéal Intense today in a mall for the first time. And in my initial enthusiasm while snooping - I had barely walked the 40 meters from the turquoises to a men's outfitter - the killer question pushed itself into consciousness: How do you know that? You know that!

The answer came to me a few minutes later: Man in Black from Bvlgari minus rum.

Guerlain is something to worry about. Thierry water must go away!

I'm sorry to have to say this in such clarity. It is clearly a danger not to develop a great tradition further and to freeze it into a museum. But disorientation is also an abyss in which destruction awaits.

My Review For Guerlain L'Homme IDeal L'Intense Review on YouTube
This is my Guerlain L'Homme IDeal L'Intense Review on YouTube. I've been anticipating the launch of This is Guerlain L'Homme IDeal L'Intense so I put this overview video on the previous Guerlain L'Homme Ideal releases here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2oIxZtNj8w The previous releases included the original Guerlain L'Homme Ideal, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cologne, Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Eau De Parfum and Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Sport. Now we have This is my Guerlain L'Homme IDeal L'Intense. So what's the story with Guerlain L'Homme Ideal L'Intense? Is it any more intense? Is it better than the previous versions? Find out all about Guerlain L'Homme Ideal L'Intense by watching my video on YouTube. Thank you.

AnjaTom
Similar to L'Homme Idéal - but well done!
I've been toying with the idea of getting the normal L'Homme Idéal for a while now.
Fortunately I waited and decided to go for L'Homme Idéal L'Intense.

For me, he goes very much in the direction of PDM Godolphin. Great leathery chord with subliminal smoky notes.
Chilli and almond comes through wonderfully, simply great combined.
Sweet yes, but not too much! Great creation! Nothing groundbreakingly new, but good things existing combined in a meaningful new way! I have always had a durability problem with the Godolphin...this would be solved thanks to the expansion of the L'Homme Idéal range!
I got the L'Homme Idéal L'Intense as a blind buy (thanks DaveGahan101), but I still wouldn't recommend doing so. You have to test it first...

Now I'm going to go out on a limb and say:
He smells to me like a cross between Godolphin, La nuit de L'Homme and Pegasus! Super successful as I think!

For me, L'Homme Idéal L'Intense is not just a flanker, but the real Scent that should always have been!!
I would also describe it as quite "suitable for the masses" and universal.

Not my last Guerlain!

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 15 months ago
Cool opening but more common dry down. Almond and chili in the opening are just amazing but maybe not enough to make It a masterpieces. Pity
Carlitos01Carlitos01 20 months ago
With this scent I re-discovered how much I love almond and vanilla with smoke. It's not a crowd pleaser but I happen to like it very much.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
Sweet almond a bit disguised by cardamom and a grand FinaleFinale with smoky vanilla and sandalwood. A great sweet and spicy Fall fragrance.

by sebjar
by sebjar
...sondern auch für deutsche Banker!
by Chanelle
by Chanelle
Ein Duft nicht nur für französische Bauern...

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain