L'Instant Magic (2007)Eau de Parfum

L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain

Top 24 in Women's Perfume
L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2007. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAlmond, Woods, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.07.2020.

In L'Instant Magic the new Guerlain accord Musquinade was used for the first time.

The feeling of purity
A rainy, chilly afternoon. Enjoy the pleasantly warm water of the bubble bath while the gentle rain pours down on the window pane. After the bath, powder yourself with a luxurious body powder and then slip into the cuddliest bathrobe to relax on the couch.
- That's what "L'Instant Magic" reminds me of.

I would not describe my first encounter with this extremely popular fragrance as love at first sight. Influenced by the hymns of praise in this forum, I could hardly wait to test it. That was about 5 years ago. At that time I expected a very delicate powdery-creamy and sweet scent. Delicious without being greasy. Probably just because of this expectation the first reaction was quite restrained. On this day I tested various scents and this one seemed to me comparatively boring. Not necessarily sweet, grown-up, dusty-powdery. Soon the scent disappeared from my thoughts, the matter was checked off. But as fate would have it, a few months later I was given a bottle. Of course I was grateful and pleased, but the reaction in me was rather restrained. Nevertheless I gave the fragrance a fair chance.

At the beginning the first impression remained - the scent seemed too dusty, not sweet enough. Not terrible, but not to my taste either. With time, however, my opinion changed - more and more often I felt like smelling it. I caught myself taking off my cap from time to time just to sniff the spray head. I must add that this was also the period in which I learned to love "Love, Chloé". In this case, too, it took some time. When it comes to dry powderiness, both fragrances are quite similar. The more often I wore "L'Instant Magic", the more I learned to appreciate it.

I understand the baby powder and wet wipe association that many people associate with this fragrance. I feel the same way. On my skin, the scent starts off very powdery. During the first 1-2 minutes I smell talcum powder. Then it starts to unfold - a little bergamot joins the fragrance composition and on the musky powdery note it loses some dustiness. The almond comes out more clearly and makes the whole thing seem a bit softer. The rose can also be guessed at on a wide television. So the scent remains on my skin and clothes for hours - very powdery, but not scratchy. Only moderately sweet musk and almond powder with a little bergamot and a tiny petal of a rose. The shelf life is very good - the fragrance easily lasts 12 hours on clothes before it becomes really close to the body. But even the next day there is still a hint. It can also be felt well on the skin for 7-8 hours before it becomes close to the body. Also the Sillage is good - 2 sprays are enough. The person opposite can easily smell the fragrance in this moderate dose.
The other day I wore only 1 spray and when I visited my parents and went to my father in the living room, he immediately asked what smells like soap here.

What do I think of the smell? I have to admit - I have learned to love it. It has been part of my collection for years now, even if it does not exactly match my actual preferences. I see "L'Instant Magic" as a wonderful scent for everyday use, which looks very clean and well-groomed and also accompanies you through the whole day without any problems. The only thing I would like to say is that I like the scent I smell on the spray head even a tick better than what I hear on my clothes and skin. The scent is a little sweeter, less musky and the bergamot is more prominent. I really like that. The difference is subtle, but it takes away some of the soap and dustiness. Despite everything, it is very beautiful. Whenever I wear it, I feel very well cared for. So it always has a firm place in my collection
A powdery pink dream
And again and again I have to realize that I love powdery fragrances very much! I had been able to get hold of this one as a specimen and carried it for a while. At first the sweetness of the scent scared me a bit, but very quickly the soft, powdery one appears and all of a sudden it becomes very soft. Suddenly you feel as if you are on a very soft, pink and at the same time very delicate cloud! Just beautiful! And it's in my collection

Soft Powdery Floral Bomb
Top Notes: Anise, Bergamot, Lemon

Heart Notes: Rose, Freesia, Mimosa, Carnation, Violet

Base Notes: Iris, Sandalwood, Almond, Vanilla, Cedar, White Musk.

The fragrance features Floral , Powdery, Woody and Musk notes .

The opening of this smell is slightly sour.I think the reason for this situation is bergamot.Then the opening quickly disappears and the fragrance passes to the heart notes.Then the fragrance is floral and it takes a long time.Then the fragrance goes to the base notes and disappears.

I tried this fragrance at my body 2 times.This scent (especially at the opening) reminds me of the scent of play dough and baby wet wipe and baby powder. Sillage is very nice,last at least 10 hours

This scent is definetly a woman one. Good on a woman's skin.

Vaseline Baby
I can understand why people saying= baby powder, pampering cream. This smells to me= Vaseline Baby. If you wanna use it; you have to be woman and like powdery smell. Almond in here is not zingy, bitter. Supports powdery air of the scent. Safe, comforting, relaxing, soft, smooth, bedtime. When I smell, sometimes reminds childish things such as barbies, playdough. :) lemony opening quickly fade away. Totally feminine. Violet is star in Linstant Magic. Suitable for bedtime scent after bath. Ohh relaxing. I feel myself comfortable when I sniff this.
0.5
Stern
Nose clip, now... PLEASE!
The scent triggers an escape reflex in me.
He's not doing anything for me. I wanted to like him and gave him several chances.
It is well known that tastes are different. Skin chemistry, temperature etc. plays everything in, I am also familiar with. But I seem to be from a different star
Dusty, dry, musty old Takum powder. Rococo wigs and itching powder.
White powdered faces of ladies with beauty spots and bright, pointy laughter. Possibly still equipped with youth, poodle and scratch hand. Scary.
Anise note? Only where does it come from? In Christmas biscuits I actually like anise very much!?
If only it were only the baby cloths described here! Then I'd be reconciled again.

I'm out.
Maybe should go to the ENT, my nose seems to be broken.

Nale
Pillow battle on pink clouds
"Yes that fits, I wear the scent and dream of a pillow fight on pink, fluffy clouds with my two little girls. They are very happy and after bathing and applying cream the cuddly pyjamas are put on and we fly up to the clouds and have a lot of fun... The feathers wrap and touch us lightly, the scent of my freshly bathed/creamed children rises into my nose and we are just happy... This is Guerlain L'instant Magic for me :)
Best baby powder scent I know. It makes you dream and looks elegant, noble and mature
Baby Wet Wipes
I was already very curious about this scent.
I read a lot of people on the internet commenting on this fragrance. So I decided to get this fragrance Interesting with this fragrance is, it is beautiful and so cuddly but it is for me simply no perfume. It looks exactly like a wet cloth for babies to clean their butts with. Honestly, how did the experts come up with the idea to produce this fragrance as a perfume? As I said, this perfume has something, whether it is now because of the great bottle I do not know. . . Sillage is also great, lasts at least 8 hours
Pumpy Coquette
I had this post in my blog when dear perfumos/as told me to publish it as a comment after all. So if he looks familiar... right I copied him... But one to one... from my side. -let's go-

Finally I was allowed to sniff out a perfume sample after the weekend. While my husband (a scent despiser like he is in a beech tree) dismissed the scent as walking, I was constantly sniffing my wrist like a heroin addict. I almost feel myself pulling the scent molecules through my nose. I only say addiction potential.

And now comes the comment, which is not politically correct at all. All similarities to living persons are purely accidental and unintentional. Also the inaccurate description of individual scent components is exclusively due to the fact that I simply cannot smell them yet. (Here follows an unprofessional extremely superficial description of a truly friendly fragrance)

the small pudgy flower elf l Instant magic powders its small stub nose shortly after showering. Depending on her mood, she changes your body. From chubby to bulky, a la Wuchtbrumme. Her blonde corkscrew curls jump out of the cute bun and play sweetly around her nose. Her friendly eyes smile mischievously into the world as she reaches for her pink wand and conjures. Your elective flower? Citrically sweet berry flower? Your favourite colours? Of course pink with powdery purple, surrounded by creamy soft nouances. The purple glitter jam-like tinsel flows for hours from her magic wand, but oh so fast L Instant Magic decreases. Her weight melts away until she sits at her little table, small and dainty. She stays seated in her flower and moves her transparent wings from time to time and swirls her powder again as she has forgotten to close the powder can.

Cute little powder blossoms Pummelelfe, sit a moment longer on my wrist so that I can enjoy you for a pleasant while. Best always, and at any time of the year. Doesn't bother me either, if only I can perceive you, even if I have to crawl into my skin.

Childhood memories
It should be a new perfume. From Guerlain. I was sure of it! So the next time you stroll through town, you'll be right into the perfumery. I let the shop girl know right away what I was looking for. From Guerlain something and gaaaery powdery, please!
The lady just nodded and came back with a beautiful bottle. He alone is worth a sin! Unasked she sprayed the perfume right on my wrist and smiled confidently.
I smelled it and must admit at first I only noticed a very strong citrus note. Not a minute later, when I inhaled another deep breath of it, this fragrance catapulted me back into my childhood.
That smelled like my mother and her beautiful silk scarves which I had always borrowed secretly.
A so delicate and yet present "Rosa-Sauber-Puderduft". Wonderful! The nice lady wanted to tell me something about Sillage and yield, but was not necessary. It was bought immediately and now has a place of honour on my make-up chest.
I can't really make out a scent, for me it just smells powdery. Pink powdery. Creamy powdery. Delicious powdery.
Whatever. He has been my constant companion for a long time now and when I wear him I feel well-groomed and flattered.
The shelf life is terrific. Normally I don't smell perfumes on myself after a short time, but I can smell them all day long. No more without!!!

A veil of mystery
This scent could be the icon of feminity : soft, classy and with a veil of mystery.
To my nose, when I tested it after many years , arrived immediately the flowery notes, then the almond, very light and soft, not at all bitter or medicinal. The base note which last on my skin are mainly the white musk (soft and divine) and the woods, warm and very sensual.
Another Guerlain's masterpiece which lasts for many hours on the skin without resulting heavy or intoxicating. It is the art of hiding and revealing made perfume.

ScentedSalonScentedSalon 3 years ago
Glad I didn't listen to detractors. Similar opening to original, continues into totally different perfume: clear musk and air, almond powder
PBullFriendPBullFriend 4 years ago
Love: this gentle scent smells like a soothing, pampering cream. Hate: > a dot makes it hard to breathe. Such a soft, pretty poison.

glitzernde Wassertropfen im Sonnenlicht sind für mich magische Momente Ein spezielles Danke geht an Sweetsmell von der ich diesen schönen Duft ersouken konnte und an alle, die bei meinen Fotos vorbeischauen! Ich freu mich jedesmal sehr!
by LaVioletta
Kuschelig
by Marenga
by Marenga
by TomLavender
Ist es die Magie des Sternen-Staubes?
by Aggeliki
by Phinchen
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain