L'Instant Magic 2007Eau de Parfum

L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Top 37 in Women's Perfume
L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2007. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Nivea (2015)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAlmond, Woods, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.04.2021.

In L'Instant Magic the new Guerlain accord Musquinade was used for the first time.

Sunshine
Noble and fine, a faithful companion
My Abi fragrance, which I have treated myself in early Parfumo times.
Very special citric, almond cream, as I have always wanted and just the perfect powder scent. For me, no association with "pink". Even today I still like to wear it, however, its effect has changed a bit with me. I've developed a slight blind spot, I think. Still, I can recognize it anywhere. My first real fragrance love.

He convinces with its unobtrusiveness, he does not scream and gently develops into a hug.
Almond Powder Dream
I associate many great moments with l'instant Magic. The first fragrance with which I felt really good. Absolute self-confidence booster! Was perhaps also because I was so often asked about the fragrance. Many of my male friends have given the fragrance to their girlfriends and some girlfriends have also bought the fragrance. I could understand that very well :) However, this has led to me wearing it less often at some point. The scent is powdery, velvety, creamy and I notice the almond note clearly. It's a very appealing scent. I definitely need to wear it more often again
A lasting promise
Imagine that you find a perfect fragrance to your taste without any great detours. You have no ideas about it. You are absolutely open and unprejudiced. A fragrance that enchants you from the first sniff. A magical moment. A love at first sight.

It was a plain Monday. The children had vacation and the shops for weeks longer lockdown open again. So I used the favor of the hour for a shopping trip with my daughter. Yes, you can do that with daughters! "Shall we venture into the perfumery for a quick visit," I asked my already fragrance-enthusiastic 9-year-old daughter. "As you like, Mum," my patient girl promptly replied. "Well then, let's go for it!" My fragrance sessions often drag on. But who am I telling? Just this one scent - until eventually I can make out absolutely no difference between the myriad of scents. Not so on this Monday. The perfumery saleswoman opened a locked display case and picked up a plain, yet very feminine bottle and said, "this scent has been around for a long time, but if you haven't heard of it, take a whiff......". And I smelled, and smelled, and smelled. My mood brightened with each successive breath. Like I was experiencing a very significant yet wonderful moment. An exam finally passed, a declaration of love from a special person, or just a breathtaking view of a perfect natural scenery. A feeling of happiness spread through me. I perceived a slight breeze of bergamot, which gently nestled into the flower blossoms. Not floral fresh, but floral, and slightly citrusy warm. It's the woody notes and the almond-musk blend that give it a powdery magic. On the one hand still and quiet, on the other extremely comforting and yet very attentive. I feel that I have arrived. The magic moment is there. Just like that. Without much searching, without much back and forth. L'instant magic lasts, from the very first moment.
French Perfumery Art
Very feminine and refined. I take the scent as powdery and flowery, but definitely not as sweet. All the citrus stories at the beginning I don't smell, but the rose in the background and in the foreground violet and mug. After an hour I develop only powdery, but not like baby powder, but like a cosmetic bag The liquid is light pink and so you can describe the fragrance. Doesn't project so much... but for me it's good. As for the durability... i can smell it even after I shower.
I do not find the bottle attractive, the old bottle appealed to me more.
Cloudbusting
A signal scent with history..
....the signal scent of my divorce lawyer - which thrilled me when I first entered her office.
For years I did not dare to ask her for this wonderful scent - such a class thing, besides I did not have a nice divorce - and discovered it by chance and many blind purchases of powdery scents on suspicion to find it myself

The described citric note reminds me a little bit of Petits & Mama s, but only a tiny little bit, but she is not really present, just says hello once in a while.
A present is powder. Lots of pink powder, soft and fluffy. Spray too much... oh, it doesn't really work...
Otherwise it is THE perfect fragrance for me, for every occasion. I love it.
And - for reasons - the smell of freedom :-) :-)
4.5
The Disney princess among fragrances
I like Disney. The movies always give me a feeling of a perfect world, simple rules and a little bit of memories of what it was like to be a child A special category here are the Disney princesses of the old, classic films. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella, unlike more modern interpretations (Jasmine up), which I like a little bit better, they all have in common that they are beautiful, pure, sweet and... unfortunately a little boring They are women who, although they already have admirable qualities like singing duets with animals and keeping seven men busy at the same time. They are always perfectly styled, yet modest. They blush when they receive a compliment and shamefully slip a strand of hair behind their perfectly fitting hairstyle. A childhood friend of mine is just like that.
I'd probably want to protect her from harm with a sword and shield... only to drag her off to Krav Maga class And sometimes I wanted to shake her because she let someone treat her badly again. It's a friend of mine, with whom I unfortunately also lost contact... because we were too different in this respect at the end of the day, even though I admire her to this day for her tender, gentle, beautiful soul
Exactly this feeling has built up in me, when I sniffed this very noble and expensive water for the first time yesterday.
The flacon is very valuable, very elegant. No fancy design but pleasing. Pretty, in the classical sense.
The first thing I was fed up with was: Wow! I think it was the bergamot, which smiled at me briefly with its fresh note.
The fragrance is gentle, light, soft, pleasing to the end of the world and back.
Then, a spray on the skin Well, and from then on, the scent unfortunately didn't know how to enchant me anymore.
The pyramid of scents made me hope for hidden corners and edges. Something that would bring out the scent from that powdery magic castle. But nothing.
I smell almond, definitely. And rose. But not in an exciting mix, just embedded in a fluffy powder puff And the "worst" for me : On my skin the scent only gets sweeter and sweeter the longer it is on it.
The woods wait in vain, while the powder puff mercilessly spreads its pompous sweetness over me. Not even vanilla (my boss) is there.
After two hours, I wanted to wash my arm. luckily, the spectacle was over in less than five hours What remained was a slight, again bearable sweetness, which completely disappeared overnight.
Like Cinderella's ball gown and carriage.
Whisper soft powder cloud
Psssst we whisper....so quietly he comes along, big light powder cloud, a little baby powder, a little talcum powder what the climbing fraction needs for your hands before, a little body powder of a lady from the 18th century, a little the last breath of a nearly dried up rose bouquet. All together a beautiful, special, restrained fragrance, very very close to the body. For me he also has something clean and cuddly like "being safe at home" you know what I mean?
With the Guirlain fragrances, it's sometimes too one thing, they are beautiful and that's also very high perfume art, but with some of these beautiful flankers you don't get quite so warm with them. That is the case with me here, I like it very much but something is missing.
I had some unexpected help... a really very good scent expert from a former exclusive perfumery in Düsseldorf (now part of the Turquoise Group) told me the following during a long conversation. One came for example Angelique Noir or one of the other fragrances sprayed and then "powdered" after . I decided to buy I'heute bleu as a pure perfume. What a small, very expensive treasure, oh my God, I'm crazy .
So now here comes the unusual and exclusive experiment. I dab 2-3 drops of the fine perfume on and wait for about 10 minutes and then Madam powder cloud comes over it. Hold nose and wait !
Oh, oh what appears there, a very exquisite and noble fragrance and I say YES to that. But I love it in this order and combination. It lasts very long now, is deeper, more sensual - almost erotic to call. My fragrance now, I hope you had fun with my little story
The feeling of purity
A rainy, chilly afternoon. Enjoy the pleasantly warm water of the bubble bath while the gentle rain pours down on the window pane. After the bath, powder yourself with a luxurious body powder and then slip into the cuddliest bathrobe to relax on the couch.
- That's what "L'Instant Magic" reminds me of.

I would not describe my first encounter with this extremely popular fragrance as love at first sight. Influenced by the hymns of praise in this forum, I could hardly wait to test it. That was about 5 years ago. At that time I expected a very delicate powdery-creamy and sweet scent. Delicious without being greasy. Probably just because of this expectation the first reaction was quite restrained. On this day I tested various scents and this one seemed to me comparatively boring. Not necessarily sweet, grown-up, dusty-powdery. Soon the scent disappeared from my thoughts, the matter was checked off. But as fate would have it, a few months later I was given a bottle. Of course I was grateful and pleased, but the reaction in me was rather restrained. Nevertheless I gave the fragrance a fair chance.

At the beginning the first impression remained - the scent seemed too dusty, not sweet enough. Not terrible, but not to my taste either. With time, however, my opinion changed - more and more often I felt like smelling it. I caught myself taking off my cap from time to time just to sniff the spray head. I must add that this was also the period in which I learned to love "Love, Chloé". In this case, too, it took some time. When it comes to dry powderiness, both fragrances are quite similar. The more often I wore "L'Instant Magic", the more I learned to appreciate it.

I understand the baby powder and wet wipe association that many people associate with this fragrance. I feel the same way. On my skin, the scent starts off very powdery. During the first 1-2 minutes I smell talcum powder. Then it starts to unfold - a little bergamot joins the fragrance composition and on the musky powdery note it loses some dustiness. The almond comes out more clearly and makes the whole thing seem a bit softer. The rose can also be guessed at on a wide television. So the scent remains on my skin and clothes for hours - very powdery, but not scratchy. Only moderately sweet musk and almond powder with a little bergamot and a tiny petal of a rose. The shelf life is very good - the fragrance easily lasts 12 hours on clothes before it becomes really close to the body. But even the next day there is still a hint. It can also be felt well on the skin for 7-8 hours before it becomes close to the body. Also the Sillage is good - 2 sprays are enough. The person opposite can easily smell the fragrance in this moderate dose.
The other day I wore only 1 spray and when I visited my parents and went to my father in the living room, he immediately asked what smells like soap here.

What do I think of the smell? I have to admit - I have learned to love it. It has been part of my collection for years now, even if it does not exactly match my actual preferences. I see "L'Instant Magic" as a wonderful scent for everyday use, which looks very clean and well-groomed and also accompanies you through the whole day without any problems. The only thing I would like to say is that I like the scent I smell on the spray head even a tick better than what I hear on my clothes and skin. The scent is a little sweeter, less musky and the bergamot is more prominent. I really like that. The difference is subtle, but it takes away some of the soap and dustiness. Despite everything, it is very beautiful. Whenever I wear it, I feel very well cared for. So it always has a firm place in my collection
A powdery pink dream
And again and again I have to realize that I love powdery fragrances very much! I had been able to get hold of this one as a specimen and carried it for a while. At first the sweetness of the scent scared me a bit, but very quickly the soft, powdery one appears and all of a sudden it becomes very soft. Suddenly you feel as if you are on a very soft, pink and at the same time very delicate cloud! Just beautiful! And it's in my collection

Soft Powdery Floral Bomb
Top Notes: Anise, Bergamot, Lemon

Heart Notes: Rose, Freesia, Mimosa, Carnation, Violet

Base Notes: Iris, Sandalwood, Almond, Vanilla, Cedar, White Musk.

The fragrance features Floral , Powdery, Woody and Musk notes .

The opening of this smell is slightly sour.I think the reason for this situation is bergamot.Then the opening quickly disappears and the fragrance passes to the heart notes.Then the fragrance is floral and it takes a long time.Then the fragrance goes to the base notes and disappears.

I tried this fragrance at my body 2 times.This scent (especially at the opening) reminds me of the scent of play dough and baby wet wipe and baby powder. Sillage is very nice,last at least 10 hours

This scent is definetly a woman one. Good on a woman's skin.

ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
Glad I didn't listen to detractors. Similar opening to original, continues into totally different perfume: clear musk and air, almond powder
PBullFriendPBullFriend 5 years ago
Love: this gentle scent smells like a soothing, pampering cream. Hate: > a dot makes it hard to breathe. Such a soft, pretty poison.

glitzernde Wassertropfen im Sonnenlicht sind für mich magische Momente Ein spezielles Danke geht an Sweetsmell von der ich diesen schönen Duft ersouken konnte und an alle, die bei meinen Fotos vorbeischauen! Ich freu mich jedesmal sehr!
by LaVioletta
by Aggeliki
by Lillet
by Lillet
by Kissa72
Ist es die Magie des Sternen-Staubes?
Magisch
by Phinchen
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain