L'Instant Magic (2007) Eau de Parfum

L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain

L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2007. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAlmond, Woods, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.03.2019

In L'Instant Magic the new Guerlain accord Musquinade was used for the first time.

10.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10
Nale
Pillow battle on pink clouds
"Yes that fits, I wear the scent and dream of a pillow fight on pink, fluffy clouds with my two little girls. They are very happy and after bathing and applying cream the cuddly pyjamas are put on and we fly up to the clouds and have a lot of fun... The feathers wrap and touch us lightly, the scent of my freshly bathed/creamed children rises into my nose and we are just happy... This is Guerlain L'instant Magic for me :)
Best baby powder scent I know. It makes you dream and looks elegant, noble and mature
Baby Wet Wipes
I was already very curious about this scent.
I read a lot of people on the internet commenting on this fragrance. So I decided to get this fragrance Interesting with this fragrance is, it is beautiful and so cuddly but it is for me simply no perfume. It looks exactly like a wet cloth for babies to clean their butts with. Honestly, how did the experts come up with the idea to produce this fragrance as a perfume? As I said, this perfume has something, whether it is now because of the great bottle I do not know. . . Sillage is also great, lasts at least 8 hours
8.0 5.0 8.0 8.5/10
Pumpy Coquette
I had this post in my blog when dear perfumos/as told me to publish it as a comment after all. So if he looks familiar... right I copied him... But one to one... from my side. -let's go-

Finally I was allowed to sniff out a perfume sample after the weekend. While my husband (a scent despiser like he is in a beech tree) dismissed the scent as walking, I was constantly sniffing my wrist like a heroin addict. I almost feel myself pulling the scent molecules through my nose. I only say addiction potential.

And now comes the comment, which is not politically correct at all. All similarities to living persons are purely accidental and unintentional. Also the inaccurate description of individual scent components is exclusively due to the fact that I simply cannot smell them yet. (Here follows an unprofessional extremely superficial description of a truly friendly fragrance)

the small pudgy flower elf l Instant magic powders its small stub nose shortly after showering. Depending on her mood, she changes your body. From chubby to bulky, a la Wuchtbrumme. Her blonde corkscrew curls jump out of the cute bun and play sweetly around her nose. Her friendly eyes smile mischievously into the world as she reaches for her pink wand and conjures. Your elective flower? Citrically sweet berry flower? Your favourite colours? Of course pink with powdery purple, surrounded by creamy soft nouances. The purple glitter jam-like tinsel flows for hours from her magic wand, but oh so fast L Instant Magic decreases. Her weight melts away until she sits at her little table, small and dainty. She stays seated in her flower and moves her transparent wings from time to time and swirls her powder again as she has forgotten to close the powder can.

Cute little powder blossoms Pummelelfe, sit a moment longer on my wrist so that I can enjoy you for a pleasant while. Best always, and at any time of the year. Doesn't bother me either, if only I can perceive you, even if I have to crawl into my skin.

10.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10
Childhood memories
It should be a new perfume. From Guerlain. I was sure of it! So the next time you stroll through town, you'll be right into the perfumery. I let the shop girl know right away what I was looking for. From Guerlain something and gaaaery powdery, please!
The lady just nodded and came back with a beautiful bottle. He alone is worth a sin! Unasked she sprayed the perfume right on my wrist and smiled confidently.
I smelled it and must admit at first I only noticed a very strong citrus note. Not a minute later, when I inhaled another deep breath of it, this fragrance catapulted me back into my childhood.
That smelled like my mother and her beautiful silk scarves which I had always borrowed secretly.
A so delicate and yet present "Rosa-Sauber-Puderduft". Wonderful! The nice lady wanted to tell me something about Sillage and yield, but was not necessary. It was bought immediately and now has a place of honour on my make-up chest.
I can't really make out a scent, for me it just smells powdery. Pink powdery. Creamy powdery. Delicious powdery.
Whatever. He has been my constant companion for a long time now and when I wear him I feel well-groomed and flattered.
The shelf life is terrific. Normally I don't smell perfumes on myself after a short time, but I can smell them all day long. No more without!!!
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10
A veil of mystery
This scent could be the icon of feminity : soft, classy and with a veil of mystery.
To my nose, when I tested it after many years , arrived immediately the flowery notes, then the almond, very light and soft, not at all bitter or medicinal. The base note which last on my skin are mainly the white musk (soft and divine) and the woods, warm and very sensual.
Another Guerlain's masterpiece which lasts for many hours on the skin without resulting heavy or intoxicating. It is the art of hiding and revealing made perfume.
5.0 6.0 6.0 5.0/10
A Baby Powder Bomb With a Bit of (White?) Musk
Category: Floral Woody Musk

Top Notes: Anise, Bergamot, Lemon.

Heart Notes: Mimosa, Carnation, Violet, Freesia, Rose.

Base Notes: Iris, Sandalwood, Almond, Vanilla, Cedar, Musk.

Projection: Decent

Sillage: Decent

Longevity: Good

The house of Guerlain is unquestionably my favourite house, and I own many, many of its fragrances including the original L'Instant which I quite like and would not hesitate to recommend, so with high expectations I recently added L'Instant Magic, EdP to my collection. I have worn it a few times now, and whilst it is not a bad fragrance at all, it is not as nice as I thought it would be, and perhaps this is because the legendary J-P Guerlain did not create this fragrance for the house. Who knows?

L'instant Magic has a very strong powdery note all the way into the deep dry down. It is not a "make-up" type of powder but a baby powder kind of powder (so I am in disagreement with the previous reviewer), and it truly dominates this fragrance. Whilst there is nothing wrong with the scent of baby powder, I do not find it very sophisticated, and if I wanted to smell like baby powder, I certainly could do so for a lot less money.

I am truly sorry to say that this fragrance is definitely NOT the usual Guerlain quality, and it is definitely NOT worth the price, and unless you really love the smell of baby powder, you probably will not be too impressed with this fragrance. Instead, and unless you already own them, I recommend you purchase Shalimar, L'Heure Bleue, Samsara, or even the original L'Instant for half the price of Magic and get truly beautiful, sophisticated, and romantic fragrances in the bargain. It pains me greatly to say it, for after all this is a Guerlain, but I have smelt Bath and Body Works fragrances that are more sophisticated and more compelling than is Magic, e.g. Black Amethyst. Before you commit to spending this much money for Magic, please try to sample it first. You will be glad you did so. I wish I had done so.
7.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10
powdery almond clean fragrance
For me 'l'instant magic' was a blind buy.I was attracted to the pink colour of perfume.It seemed to me girly but when I smelled it things totally changed.Although it's not a niche perfume I think it can be compared to a niche perfume.At first all you can smell is white flowers with lemon but after a little while it turns to a powder heaven-not a baby powder /talc powder perfume, but a baby soft perfume with an etheral vanilla, an almond or better bitter almond clean/musky perfume, that lasts for hours without being heavy.It is just like you are in the middle of a sweet-powdery cloud so light that everyone will notice.
9.0 8.0 3.0/10
Dislike A Little Less
I wanted to love or at least like this perfume, so today I gave it a second wearing. The first wearing was off-putting in the extreme. Bergamot, Fressia and Rose--all of which I like--should have won me over, much less the lovely-sounding base of almond, woods and white musk, but they didn't because my nose just detected chemicals and in self-defense closed. This time I had a longer chance to appreciate this mellow, pleasant scent until, alas, the synthetics once again asserted themselves. Though I had to wash it off, I don't hate-hate it now. The reason I can't wear this is the same reason I have to vacate the house if chemicals are being used, the same reason I was sick for a week after the visit of a supposedly-green-and sanitary cleaning company, that turned out not to be. I could rent myself out as a human canary. Suffice it to say that nature didn't intend that we be long exposed to whatever ingredients are in L'Instant Magic. Those with noses not so afflicted, may find this a quite pleasant, almond-rose scent that doesn't change much during the drydown, but perhaps there's something to be said for an agreeable steady state.
7.5 7.5 7.5 5.0/10
Plastic Almonds
Among the German reviews some noted that they thought this was a very quiet scent, to which I couldn't agree less. I don't have any of it at home, but sprayed myself with it a few times and while I don't find it outright unbearable it remains a very artificially smelling almond scent that kills anything below. Only the metallic lemon has a chance in the head and early base, and that's not exactly a favorite of mine.

The benzaldehydic almond musk didn't convince my co-tester either, quite in contrast to Serge Luten's Louve with a similar almondy theme that I had bought in the 'bay a bit before

ScentedSalon 2 years ago
Glad I didn't listen to detractors. Similar opening to original, continues into totally different perfume: clear musk and air, almond powder+2
10.0
1.0
2.0
PBullFriend 3 years ago
Love: this gentle scent smells like a soothing, pampering cream. Hate: > a dot makes it hard to breathe. Such a soft, pretty poison.+3
10.0

by Marenga
by Marenga
by Aggeliki
by Aggeliki
Ist es die Magie des Sternen-Staubes?
by Lillet
by Phinchen
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain