L'Instant de Guerlain (2003)Eau de Parfum

L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Jasmine, Magnolia, Black elder, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Honey, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 02.06.2020.

The exception

I first discovered this fragrance in 2010 at my grandmother's when I was 14 and of course this kind of fragrance is not for teenagers...although everyone is different, but in general I wouldn't say that this is a fragrance for this target group. But of course I was once again an exception...(Don't get me wrong,this scent doesn't smell old or grandmother is liable...and my grandmother had every kind of scent, as long as the durability was unbeatable.so a Justin bieber scent would have made it into her collection:D)
But I smelled him..and was once again blown away *.* he is immediately present he smells like an adventure like something you must have experienced and do not regret it,
Like feelings that one had buried long ago, but now they are blossoming again *.* like... a dream that becomes reality.

That's how I feel about him... maybe others do too
Durability !UNBEATABLE !br />
Sweet,powdery,spicy,feminine.
Summer of Twenty-Three
November grey was outside the windows - the sky was cloudy, the windows were richly beeped.
All day long he had been crying, the sky, had frozen my skin, my soul finally too.
Looking for a little warmth, for light and comfort I found soft wool, cuddly socks, quite unexpectedly finally also you: a small, flat bottle, untouched, filled, it seemed to me, with sun gold.
"L'Instant de Guerlain", 16 years old
It was the hottest summer in living memory, in the memory of a pigeon - never before, as far as I could remember, were values measured in the Ruhr area as those in the summer of 2003.
They left the 30 degree mark unimpressed, danced around the 40, turned the drop of sweat upside down and killed the air conditioning in the ICE that brought me to him, to him, the unknown and yet so close to me, to Berlin
We had met each other four months before, met in some chat, strange or new, had said "Hello!" and "How are you?", what they say at the beginning of time.
I was not looking for more than a little pastime, a chat here and there.
And now, that morning, I was on my way to see him - his image in my head, the heart in my left shoe.

His eyes were blue, turquoise blue like the sky over Lusatia, like the water in the quarry pond.
We lay hand in hand there on our backs, our skin glued together by sun milk, breaded by the sand.
We fed each other with candied fruit, with apricot jam, then we spiffed and kissed them away.
He buried his nose in Coco's "Mademoiselle", my head lay on the sun gold of his skin.
We watched the sun set in amber and apricot, wrapped ourselves in the black velvet of the night, told each other about the stars and the stones of our time.
We shared hours, days, weeks - for two whole years.
When he left, I wore "Allure".

"L'Instant de Guerlain" beams me back to this year, this summer, to this man.
Sixteen years have passed since then - the scent lets me bridge them with just one breath.
It carries the sun of those days, its fragrance and warmth, carefree and sensual and decidedly feminine.
A fragrance, twinned with the Chanels, marked by the dawning of a new era - not unknown with its sun-warm fruits, with its bouquet of dense, rich flowers, with its honey resin, but no longer loud, not as powerfully opulent as "Roma" and "Venezia", or "Laguna" for that matter.
"L'Instant de Guerlain" is softer, quieter, softer too, spotted at least, not sprayed on my winter skin.
And comforting.
As much comforting as the girlfriend warm arm.
Not just the day the last rose broke.
Confusing
What is wrong with me???
There was this little kid. Well, "woman's scent." Not my thing anyway. It's been lying around for so long. So spray it on so it's ticked off, too. Pshhhhh. Hm, sweet. But nice and powdery. And kind of beautiful. Really beautiful. ??? Wtf? Hours later it's still beautiful. Kind of not mine at all. It's beautiful, though. So cuddly wrapped up. Powder cloudy, feminine. Really, I do.
Next day: okay, now look, if I diesel myself for the day. I can't like him all day long, he'll be too much for me after a few hours at the latest. Sweet female plörre. But...most imaginable doll...in the background is a beautiful spice, which offers the sweet pleasant Paroli. And this powdery... a dream!
After on the third day the little sample was completely emptied, looked in the www for the cheapest offer.

To be on the safe side, I asked my perfume-test hating friend: I don't smell anything. That smells like you, like your skin.
:-)))))

I can't name individual grades with the best will in the world. All the notes work perfectly together. This sweetness is already thick syrupy, but not "babbic" - so no LVEB or something. Apparently the silage is also rather small, no wobbling cloud around me.
On my skin it really lasts at least 9 hours, on clothes for days. I don't have a pain threshold there anyway. And if my friend already does not use the bad word "intrusive" and sooo pronounces a nice compliment to a fragrance, then nothing can go wrong any more!
Next week I'll have the pulle here with me and then I'll indulge that the rind is cracking ;-)

And if I really overdo it, I get to hear it immediately :D
Golden powder!
A small splash of this golden yellow liquid on the back of my hand and I am amazed: I had feared baby powder (after some comments here), but light golden yellow powder with a touch of freshness (probably the Mandrine..I almost thought it was a lemon..) blows around my wrist, where sometime in the base a quite adult, serious note is added. Not babymama-like, not dandy, especially no granny scent. The fragrance continues to develop into fine powder, not dense and heavy, but bright and warm. A sweet honey note accompanies the tangerine powder. It makes the fragrance appear soft and modern.

Honey in perfume is usually very difficult for me. I'm sure I can think of a handful of perfumes that I can't stand. I like this honey very much (enormous that it is so small listed in the fragrance pyramid ..it seems so striking to me..).

A scent that dims many a cold winter day with a bright, warm glow. It's nice that he fell almost literally into my hands on the Guerlain shelf some time ago!
Paradise garden
It's become muggy The little butterfly smoothes its antennae. He's been out all day, busy. These wonderful flowers wanted and had to be visited and kissed individually.
At first he had floated past a small iron garden table and sat on a small wooden bowl with mandarins. But these did not really interest him since too citric. Soon he stretched out his wings and began his day's work.
The wonderfully fragrant jasmine bush simply had to be visited. How convenient that he was lying in the middle of a small island, surrounded by the proudest iris he had ever tasted. Here it flew from blossom to blossom and when a summer breeze called to dance, it flew among the floating calyxes and rejoiced in the warm powdered air.
And as the wind moved on, the little butterfly paused at a birdbath and greedily sucked in the vanilla honey scent mixed with milk, which had suddenly crept into the garden.
If only he could describe how paradisiacal this garden was. Delicate yet full, alive yet patient. Adult and still childlike dreamy.
How could he explain the hours of tender stay to someone without leaving a false impression?
Thoughtfully, he smoothed his feelers. As... yeah, exactly.... that's how he'd do it.
The little butterfly rose into the summer air. He would invite anybody to come to his personal paradise garden, who wanted to know what the garden was like now. Because only then you would understand it yourself.
Vacuum cleaning
I'm missing something here, the freshness, the fruitiness.
From the start, except for the rest dull powderiness, sweetness and - that's it!
I was so looking forward to the black elderberry, so rare and individual in perfumes - Pustekuchen, nothing!
Strawflower/Heunote I do not smell out here either, but for me also emotionally a past, a past and unfortunately not a here and now attractive perfume, but a pale perfume, also not antique, retro and beautiful, but so old boring, oll.
Vacuuming also makes such an impression on me before airing.
Well, I find all the ingredients appealing, I know all of them, but the mix is not, at least not on my skin.
Pity
S u b t i l
So, I've made up my mind. I like him, don't I? But that wasn't easy.

In her beautiful comment, Mrs. Lohse writes, among other things, that "L'Instant de Guerlain" is "... a breath that blows through curtains of organs,..." I can fully agree with that. Also the statement that it is nevertheless tightly woven. But here my own experiences:

At the beginning the tangerine blows into my nose, somewhat contained but clearly. Then L'IdG is gone again. ... A little while later, albeit discreetly, a sour powdery breeze follows. I don't think he's pretty. But it doesn't last too long, because: L'IdG will be gone for a while. So as not to keep repeating myself: L'IdG plays this game with me all the way. From now on, the fragrance will always be powdery when it appears. PUDRIG capitalized, to make it really clear:

powdery-flowery
powdery-sweet
powdery-floral-lightly tart
powdery, flowery, slightly tart and yet somehow sweet

Okay, in the base then the powder is as good as gone, and it remains - with the nose on the wrist - an amber-vanilla-sweet cuddly breeze.

Sillage:
I think it's meagre. I got into a bad mood once and nobody said anything. Could just have been courtesy, of course. But for my nose there had hardly changed

Shelf life:
There was my first assessment so at 6 - 7 hours. However: When I sniffed the cuddly base on my wrist yesterday noon, I was surprised, because I hadn't sprayed my wrists in the morning, it had to be from the evening before. So in a very subtle and subtle way "L'Instant de Guerlain" is a very long-lasting fragrance.

Conclusion:
At first I was deterred by this sour powdery note. Kindly, my nose has almost completely skipped this aspect of fragrance. The sweetness is never really too much, but to my taste always just before. I think this and the constant back and forth in my perception annoyed me a little. But today, on the 4th carrying day, L'idG convinced me after all. Yeah, I like wearing it, and I like to sniff after it.

Thank you Clarabella for the nice deal.
My guardian angel ...
...he'd smell like L'instant.
Many know the feeling of having had a guardian angel in certain moments of life.
And then there are those phases when you feel abandoned and alone. Where you can hardly rest from worry.
And wondering, where's my guardian angel?
It's always there, even if you can't feel it.

When I spray L'Instant, I feel safety, security, protection.
It envelops me and acts as a shield against all the outside attacks. He calms me down. He's an angel.

I owe the new purchase to my daughter. He appeared at her birth and at her baptism my mother gave him to me.
I used it for four years, then we lost each other. And I forgot him.
The other day, when a perfumery saleswoman went to look for something in the store for me and took forever, I had a lot of time to look around.
Then I saw a pink bottle of bees from Guerlain. Not suspecting that this was the new edition of L'istant, I sprayed.
It was right there.
A feeling of security, warmth and confidence.
I remembered and looked at the name, there it was: L'istant.

The saleswoman returned unsuccessfully from her search and asked me how I would like the scent she had sprayed on my right arm before. It was the new scent (Joy) from Dior. He'd turn out so wonderfully soft on me.
I explained to her that what she smelled of me was my left arm with L'istant.
She was quite surprised, she had classified this rather old-fashioned/oldbacken (she was very young) how wonderfully it developed nevertheless.
Unfortunately I already had so much in my shopping basket that I could not quite overcome myself to add my recovered L'istant.
"When it's autumn/winter, I'll buy it. I still have enough" (you know all these desperate attempts to talk your way out of buying a perfume under rational aspects, these always fail)
But I stood firm, didn't take it and went to the cash register (full of pride to have won the fight, but with my nose on my arm)
At the cash register, my daughter joined me.
She embraced me spontaneously (very rarely within the puberty) and shouted enthusiastically: "You smell like mum!
Of course, this fragrance accompanied her for the first 4 years of her life.
Again she said, "oh, you smell sooo good, what's that?"
My fight was lost. I left the checkout line, went to the shelf, grabbed a 50 ml bottle, and started again.
"Good decision, this is Mama",
said my daughter and hugged me again.
Yes, a good decision.
This scent is my guardian angel.

From trash to treasure
This is a love-hate relationship for me. It smells awful on my skin, just awful. Like a flowerbed next to a garbage can. But in my hair it is an absolute stunner. I sprayed it on my skin and in my hair today, and when the wind picked my hair up, I got such a gorgeous whiff, when I smelled my wrist I was repulsed. But I think this is still a keeper, even though it doesn't agree with my skin at all. I will try it next time just on my hair and clothes, and see what the results will be.

Update: I sprayed myself last night with this perfume on the wrist, because I wanted to give it a chance. Went to bed, and in the middle of the night I woke up from the most lovely smell - on my wrist! I cannot believe it. And it is still strong and lovely this morning. It seems at least on me it needs a long time to develop into this beauty, I am talking about HOURS. From now on, if I want to enjoy it, I have to spray it on my skin at least a couple of hours before I leave the house, so it has the time to unfold its beauty. It is the strangest thing.

2nd update: The more I try it, the more I like it. It still doesn't smell the best initially, but it comes around beautifully enough that I will keep it in my collection for sure. It will never turn into big love, but I do like it more and more, the more I give it a chance.

3rd update: You know fragrances that you have to give a few tries to fall in love with? Well, L'Instant is one of them. I would never have thought a few months ago that I enjoy it now as much as I do. It is not a fragrance for everybody, and it might take a while until you can open your heart to her (I needed quite a lot of time), but I wear it this morning and think to myself: My oh my - I am so happy that I didn't give up on this little gem.

Vibeke
Smells less intense than before
First of all I want to say- I really love this smell. I remember when it first came out in 2003 the lady behind the counter recommended me to give it a go. It almost made me emotional. It was something about the strange combination of spices and citrus that kicked up in my spirit.

When I, the other day, bought it again I was disappointed. The strong smell I remembered was gone. I dont know if it is refomulated, but please tell me if any of you have the same experience with this fragrance.

by IoanaP
by Jasmine87
by Boszka79
by Boszka79
by BlueValkyrie
Es ist ein Unterschied, ob dich jemand anfasst oder dich berührt.
by FrauLohse
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by UweUndBernd
by UweUndBernd
by AFreimann
Extrait 7,5 ml. mit Swarowski-Steinen. Das Guerlain-Siegel auf dem Deckel ist 24 karätigem Gold verziert.
by Coriolon
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo
by Nicolsche
by Nicolsche
2004 und duftet sehr schön.
by Soraya
by Lily2911
by Lily2911
by IIespresso
by IIespresso

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain