L'Instant de Guerlain 2005 Eau de Toilette

L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain
L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-fruity. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Blackcurrant, Granny Smith apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Neroli, Gardenia, Lily of the valley, Magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris

Submitted by Nesrin, last update on 07.05.2021.

Serenissima
the summer is rung in cheerfully
Of course, I came on my "Guerlain fragrance discovery tour" also at "L'Instant de Guerlain" not past and tried me first at the Eau de Toilette.
The fragrance pyramid reads well; but what do I see? Granny Smith apple - oh, my!
I remember my teenage years; that's when those grassy green apples came on the market, smelling very peculiar (just not apple) and the very sound of "powerful biting" startled me.
Later, I wore a "Green Apple" scent; but probably more out of spite - I wanted to push boundaries. No more being "Blue Grass"-adjusted and well-behaved!
In the mid-seventies, I was not alone with this little "fragrance revolution".
So now Granny Smith apples in a Guerlain early summer fragrance: well, here we go!

Already at the first spray a well-filled fruit basket arose before my "nose eye".
Fresh, slightly bitter-bitter grapefruit and bergamot harmonize with the blackcurrants: a cool prelude, heading for the apple fragrance.
I can't ignore it, so I look forward to what comes next: a blooming early summer garden in full glory.
Neroli and magnolia open the gate to the fragrance garden and spread their aromas under the warming rays of the sun; they reach out to them longingly.
Lily of the valley and jasmine spiritedly represent the powerful fragrance family of white flowers.
As is well known, both are not shy and thus try to stand up to the proud noble gardenia: Their fragrance sovereignty, however, wins and floats above the previous fragrance composition!
Is she, after all, so many generations proud part of perfumes, what should she duck a green apple? She doesn't even think about it, and that's just fine!
Amber sprinkles some golden rays over everything; the right dose, because especially a fragrance that stands for early summer should not become too heavy.
That's why only small amber lightning bugs dance around cheerfully!

Thus, "L'Instant de Guerlain" remains as an eau de toilette light and buoyant, young and charming in its own special way: like a clear-smelling June day, stretching with pleasure under the still light blue and transparent sky.

Certainly not a purchase candidate and for me much too young; but an impression of what can be conjured up from different fragrance notes.
As an introduction to "L'Instant" Eau de Parfum certainly a good fragrance exercise!
So the curiosity is awakened!
Embla
Being in love as a fragrance
i have me at a dear Parfüma a filling ersoukt. Primarily actually because it is a Guerlain and the fragrance pyramid has read well.

But......
The first spray blew me away, touched me, catapulted me onto a pink cloud and put a big grin on my face. I felt like newly in love, love at first spray so to speak. Even now as I write this review, I'm wearing it and it still makes me smile when I sniff a cloud of it. I could dance and embrace the whole world when I wear this scent, it really is falling in love as a perfume for me.

The scent is like a bouquet of fragrant flowers... oh what am I saying, a whole garden of flowers:

A glorious, wild garden of lush gardenia bushes, jasmine climbing over bergamots, a carpet of lilies of the valley and in the middle of this garden in the shade of an orange tree, I lie with my favorite person, slicing a crisp Granny Smith apple into wedges.....
Hach....

I really have to pull myself together right now to keep writing here and stop daydreaming about this garden.

L'Instant de Guerlain is a very floral fragrance, but without drifting too much into sweetness, bergamot and the slightly fresh and tart apple give the floral cloud a spring-like lightness. Still, the perfume has power, currently I wear a spritz on the back of my neck and already feel surrounded by a floral aura that is occasionally broken by a hint of apple. I also find the durability strong, even after 10 hours I still perceive the scent on me and my scarf smells now for days....
1.5

Sooo Not Guerlain
Whatever sort of category of fragrance J'Adore is in, this belongs there, too. It's a heavily synthetic concoction of what smells like mostly plastic. Talk about no Guerlinade! I doubt if a real flower came anywhere near this, much less an actual Granny Apple's essence. It is a sneeze-inducing, oxygen-stealing insult to a nose. Mine, at any rate. Would that this ghastly thing really did last only an instant.
3.5

A NO no
This is nothing for me, it does not work with my chemistry....I don't eat grapefruit because I don't like the taste and the smell, and that's about all I smell on my skin.
Besides L'heure bleu, vol de nuit, samsara and Jardin des bagatelles not so many guerlains can really convince me, even not the renowned shalimar...or mitsouko....

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Carpe diem! This fruity-flowery scent is very feminine and pleasant but it last only a few hours or less. There's no base and it's a damage

by Agrafena
by Normajean12
by DarkMatter
by DarkMatter

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain