La Petite Robe Noire (2012) Eau de Parfum

Version from 2012
La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Kuntzel+Deygas

La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2012. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesFruits, Licorice, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCherry, Almond, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Smoky tea, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.12.2019.

9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

La Belle Noire
A lovely Parfuma here on Parfumo, who recommended La petite robe noire to me, brought this fragrance to my attention. She insisted that I have to test him because he was so great. And so yesterday I went to the perfumery with the big turquoise D to test it. The super friendly saleswoman explained to me, how with Chanel and Dior fragrances you don't have to wait after spraying on Guerlain, because the fragrance is immediately there. And she was right! The fragrance is present immediately after spraying. There's no need for tons of alcohol to evaporate. I was delighted. It smelled of these delicious huge black cherries, nicely rounded off by the liquorice. Quite sweet, but still dark and mysterious. The creamy almond and vanilla that followed harmonized perfectly with the cherry. It smelled of said delicious cherries with almond cream and vanilla. And indeed I could sniff a little musk in the background and - great - the smoky tea! It is precisely the liquorice, the almond and the smoky teeny note that ensure that La petite robe noire does not degenerate into a petty amniotic fluid. I find this fragrance to be an all-round success. Suitable for the cold season, evening and black wardrobe. I think it radiates something elegant, fine, extravagant and at the same time dark and warm. To make a long story short, I did the saleswoman my favor and that I will wish myself this fragrance for Christmas. She then kindly gave me a small sample so that I could also get the right version. This morning I sprayed myself with joy some of the sample and was immediately wrapped again in this wonderfully dark and feminine cherry scent. And what can I say? At lunch I promptly got a compliment from my mother that I would smell so good and the scent would suit me so well. And even my father, who often finds perfume too strong, found it smells good.

Conclusion: with La petite robe noire you have a wonderfully elegant, feminine and dark fragrance at hand that fits perfectly into the evening.
10.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Oh la la ;D
I admit this is my first Guerlain fragrance, especially THE first Guerlain fragrance I've ever liked! Shalimar has always been too much for me... Mon Guerlain wasn't a favorite of mine either, despite the more open testing I was always bothered by the lavender note:( I know that sounds stupid now! But as a perfume lover or collector I think you should already own at least 1.Guerlain fragrance why... i do not know myself so exactly:D Anyway since I have reordered my favourite mascara from Lancome I got a Müsterchen from the la petite robe noir edp with me... Openly admitted I noticed at the beginning that, small Müsterchen not because I was skeptical whether I would like that at all, since I have made no pleasant experiences with the Guerlain fragrances ... For a long time I couldn't ignore the little Müsterchen:D...
La petite robe noir just sounded so tempting to me! Since I myself almost only wear black clothes;))).
Since I wore no perfume on this day, I gave myself 2.sprayer on my sweater ... But this time I wanted to surprise myself and didn't look at Parfumo;) I wanted to test myself and see how good my nose really is;D...

The scent!:)...
When spraying on I smelled a raspberry note, I didn't think there was anything big... Admittedly I LOVE raspberry fragrances but because of the name I had expected more, so I didn't pay much attention to the fragrance anymore...
Of course I could only smell berry notes for 5 minutes, which are very sweet but not artificially sweet! There were simply pleasant airy and syrupy berry notes but in a good way and white! I went in the kitchen to help my mother cook:) She looked at me with big eyes and said: "But you smell good! Suddenly I knew what she meant! I was suddenly like a frostbite! I smelled like out of nowhere the finest cherry note!*-* It was such a juicy but at the same time such a wicked + seductive cherry note*-* The almond note.... WOW!
I could repeat that word 100 times. Again! JUST WOW! The almond note harmonized so perfectly with the cherry note! Something I have to admit La petite robe noir reminds me a bit of Lost Cherry from TF! It has how I find a little resemblance! The fragrance itself is not a dupe but a beautiful and still very high quality alternative! The smoky tea note I personally just find mega!
The whole fragrance process is and remains sooo nicely smoky!:) And I just love it when a scent is smoky! This has something very seductive and mysterious about it!:) In my opinion, the rose is very sensual with this fragrance, especially in the course of the fragrance! Even if she is not very present I smell her from time to time, she also gives the fragrance a light feminine touch;) The berry notes nevertheless remained very present! What didn't bother me personally at all, I think the fragrance itself remained interesting!)
I have something to say personally! The scent is not strong! But also not easy!
Depending on the dosage, it can be worn all year round!:)

Alsoooo I can only say I am mega happy!:D And above all I have fallen in love with this fragrance extremely strong! It's just... Sexy!;D H+S is quite good as I find it, keeps with me all day long!:) I have already received many compliments for the fragrance itself:) Many said that the very special and the other smells like the smells that one smells today to day überralral. And of course I am of the same opinion!:) What is your opinion about this fragrance?:)
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Pure femininity!
Ever since I had a sample of this fragrance in an exchange package, I have fallen for this fragrance. I had to buy it immediately and like to wear it, a true compliment getter, with no other have I received as many compliments as with these. "Little black" the name fits totally seduction pure :D I love it
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Katjuscha
How I'm eating into myself in the little black dominoes.
This fragrance is my first encounter with Guerlain. And it wasn't love at first sight.
I was looking for a Christmas present for my husband and since it became a perfume again, I got La Petite Robe Noire as a sample with.
The little sample lay around for a while and fell into my hands again after a few days. Sprayed on and shrugged his shoulders. The little black one just didn't suit me. Had I perhaps eaten too many dominoes? I don't think it's gonna work out with us.
At some point, hours later, when I wanted to rest my head in the position of a thinker, the little black girl shot me in the nose again.

What the fuck? You're still here?
And suddenly I fitted into the little black one and it stood perfectly on me and again I was reminded of dominoes.

But why didn't I like it at first? The next day, I gave it another shot. Was it the top notes? No, I really liked them this time, although I can't sniff out any lemons apart from the fruits.
Maybe it was me, wasn't it? Maybe I didn't have the self-confidence to dress in the little black one in the morning. And why did I feel like dominoes again?

You could say it was love at second sight. And I fell so in love that La Petite Robe Noire became my signature scent. Since I am already a black bearer, the little black one also suits me in the office.

Durability is insane. I sniff the sweet cherries, the hearty almond that smells like marzipan and the delicate rose on my wrist all day long In the base the scent is very dark, but I like it. Is it the smoky tea combined with the vanilla? In my opinion it is the only fragrance in the whole series that has earned the name La Petite Robe Noire.

And now, every time the pre-Christmas season comes, I buy 5 packs of dominoes and feed myself into my little black one.
Definitely a picture for the gods!
6.0 5.0 8.0 7.0/10

Cherry Tutu Skirt
The initial blast of La Petite Robe Noire is a very tart cherry scent, which distinguishes itself from other common sweet cherry fragrances. Licorice is also detectable at this very first stage of LPRN, which did make me think of Lolita Lempicka. However, while LL develops into a more powdery scent, LPRN evolves into another direction.

While the initial strong sour cherry mellows, red berries and almonds also come into the scene. Patchouli pops out here or there with a hint of earthiness, but in an understated way. Soon the scent transforms into a sort of candied rose, quite like LPRN EDT. While EDT is bright and sparkling with fresh crisp apple, EDP is just a little bit darker, richer, but nowhere near being gothic or femme fatale.

The final stage marks the return of cherry and its dance with vanilla, tonka and gentle licorice, smooth like a light cream, and slowly fades away.

The sillage is strong at first but soft during the drydown. The longevity is pretty good for around 10h. To me, LPRN is a playful and girly fragrance with good quality, not too complex to spoil the fun, but still with some depth preventing from being childish.

I like it, but still am skeptical for a full bottle purchase as personally I don't see myself wearing it too often. The price tag certainly doesn't help. I think it might sit on my 'want list' for quite a while.

MasterLi
A dark licorice and cherry syrup masterpiece...
Make no mistake, this is not for everyone. La Petite Robe Noire is a dark, syrupy but grown-up perfume from the house of Guerlain. It is a cherry and licorice scent with a rose and patchouli mid and base. It has a darkness which stops it being a standard, run-of-the-mill fruity floral patchouli fragrance. I can imagine that Guerlain here were targeting the younger crowd with this one, but that doesn't make it necessarily bad in any shape or form.

Personally speaking, I have tried this on my skin (male skin)... and honestly, it's not too far from Tom Ford - Black Orchid, which works beautifully on male skin also. So on that basis the juice itself is unisex, dark and unisex (not the bottle or marketing but the smell is definitely unisex).

That being said, I think this absolutely fits the marketing of "Little Black Dress" etc. and I would say that this would be suitable for so many people. Definitely a night perfume and would do great in cold weather. It's a good fragrance and out of all the fruity-patchouli fragrances I've tried, this is the most sophisticated (well, what do you expect? It's a Guerlain). Really good beginners fragrance for those looking for something more sophisticated but wearable.
7.5 7.5 5.0 8.0/10

Lovely gourmand!
Let's get this out of the way: I love this. So very much. It's one of the few fragrances that made me want more of it after the first try. Wearing this conjures images of young ladies in tulle twirling around. Gorgeous.

Like some of the other reviewers, I agree that this isn't a perfume wholly reflecting mature womanhood. It's reminiscent of youth, sliding on the girly side; an embodiment of confident young ladies who have the world at their feet.

Now moving on to the scent itself. In the bottle, it seems rather "deep". I'm not quite sure how else to describe it. It reminds me of a pitch black night that goes on and on. I think this comes from the liquorice and patchouli? A little sweet, but not at all unpleasant.

Upon spraying, I get a blast of cherries and liquorice with some tea playing in the background, but not much of anything else. It's a little candy-like, even - a sour tinge also comes into the mix.

Over the next hour, it somehow succeeds in becoming just a tad sweeter. The tonka note begins to peak through along with something like a spice, and there's a faintly discernible floral presence.

It stays like this for a while, then gently turns the bend towards deeper zones. The tea is now a lovely black, the cherries aren't as sweet anymore. Vanilla comes up a little more, while the liquorice is just hanging around the way it has been since the beginning. All the flowers become deeper, too, thanks in part to the patchouli, IMHO. This goes on right up to the end of its presence on my skin, a total of 3.5 hours.

I find myself wishing that the roses were more prominent, and that it had better longevity on me. Sillage was just right - it projected a little, but not too much. Again, I love this a lot.

Note: I have a sample of the LPRN EDT, and to me, it is similar, but does not develop into a deeper scent the way the EDP does. The EDT is a lot more girly, a little more fun, but unfortunately lacking in the longevity and sillage departments.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Guerlain does a Lolita Lempicka Flanker?
Well, my enchantment with the house of Guerlain fizzled out some time ago, and by the time INSOLENCE arrived on the scene, I had completely lost all faith. No more blind buys, I vowed, although I continue to test when presented with a vial, as I was recently by Sephora of LA PETITE ROBE NOIRE (2012).

The most obvious thing to say would be that this perfume is decidedly un-Guerlain, but perhaps it would be better by now to renounce the use of the word 'Guerlainesque' altogether. Guerlain is not Guerlain anymore. Nothing could be clearer to me. The bottle strikes me as a sort of cruel joke. So what is this perfume, if not what Guerlain used to be?

It seems to me that it would fit right in with the Lolita Lempicka range. I'd place LA PETITE ROBE NOIRE (2012) about midway between LE PREMIER PARFUM and FLEUR DEFENDUE with perhaps a bit of Jesus del Pozo IN BLACK thrown in for good measure. Licorice, cherry, patchouli, almonds, tonka bean, vanilla. Yes.

Upon initial application I was struggling to see the difference between the demeanor of this composition and that of a celebrity scent. However, I do own that the quality is higher than those sweet fruity patchouli perfumes. I am not convinced, however, that this is any better than the Lolita Lempicka launches on this very same theme. I do not put a lot of stake in originality in perfumes, so the question for me becomes: does this smell any better than its already available close olfactory neighbors?

The answer is: No.
6.0/10

Berry-chouli
Upon application, I'm hit with ripe berry juice that has been sweetened with high fructose corn syrup. To a certain extent, the berries remind me of the berry accord in Estee Lauder's Wood Mystique and in the original Hot Couture No 1 by Givenchy. The only difference is that Givenchy does this accord better - the Givenchy leaves a darker and more natural impression of berries, whereas the EL leaves a berry impression that's got the Lauder vibe. LPRN leaves a bright, sweetened impression of berries than these other two, although they are all on the same playground.

As La Petite Robe Noire dries, the berries subside and there's a muddled phase in which the rose seems to emerge but never really presents itself with any force. At this point, I really don't know what the scent is other than some potluck melange of drying berries, weak roses, and patchouli. When dry, the fragrance is a bouyant base of musked, vanillic patchouli - nice but neither spectacular nor unique.

I think La Petite Robe Noire could be fantastic if it was truly Noire, but it's not - it's a daytime scent for soccer moms that's on the edge of having baby's juicy juice from the sippy cup spilt down the front of your blouse. If you like this style but want something deeper & darker & more mature, give the original Hot Couture No 1 a try.

La Petite Robe Noire is good, respectable, and better than most scents on the market. However, it's not up to the usual Guerlain standard. A bit of a disappointment.

Jazzy76 18 months ago
The bottle is very refined ( and the price is high), but I find this gourmand perfume by Guerlain very commercial . Anyway, pleasant+2
DorothyGrace 3 years ago
Smells very artificial on my skin, like cup cake flavourings. Also reminds me of cherry cough syrup, e.g. SudaFed. Very long lasting.+3
5.5

by Zora
by Zora
Wenn Ihr wüsstet, wie lang ich gesucht habe, bis ich so ein Tor in Flakon-Form gefunden habe...;-)) ... und mit Napoleon-Hut, extra für BBMie!!;-))
by LaVioletta
by UniqueCherie
by UniqueCherie
by Zelena
by Zelena
parfümierte Schneekugeln als Kundenpräsente für eine Guerlain-Soirée in den Galeries Lafayette Berlin
by Coriolon
by Hufing
by 08dotti05
by 08dotti05

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain