La Petite Robe Noire 2012Eau de Parfum

Version from 2012
La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Kuntzel+Deygas
La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2012. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesFruits, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCherry, Almond, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Smoked tea, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.10.2020.

It's 1992, and I buy cherry candy
Mon Dieu, I love Guerlain and I adore Mr. Water. The start is citrusy-fruity. What I smell out is a great combination of citrus fruits and liquorice In the Dry Down, cherry and almond come out wonderfully, rose and violet complement each other and this is where a nice, soapy note comes into play. It is this violet soap that my grandmother always had in her wardrobe that I recognize here and the rose also awakens associations of the past in me. The base of musk and patchouli seems light, white and bright this time. The smoked tea and vanilla carry the combination of cherry and almond beautifully and make it last.

I feel beamed back to our village shop in the early 90s by this scent, which was run by a very nice gentleman with an Austrian accent. Here I made my first experiences with perfume and cosmetics - even before Schlecker rolled like a wave into the last town. Here I enjoyed smelling soap - and this is exactly what the scent awakens in me. The cozy warmth of my childhood and I get the taste of cherry candies from the big glass again.

Today the shop is closed and the old-school druggist has passed away - I miss the time - the more I enjoy this fragrance as it reminds me of the time when my biggest problem was who wouldn't play with me.

The fragrance has an incredible shelf life with me - it easily packs 10 to 12 hours. The silage is very good and I think it is such a little treasure in my collection. Much more complex than other fragrances and really unique. I think it combines youthfulness with a lot of style and is therefore very wearable for many women. It is like the little black one - versatile wearable and yet in the end very classic... ...just like the killer cherry candy.
Black juicy cherry
I actually love the very old fragrances from Guerlain, this one is an absolute exception for me personally. On me it smells of the wonderful, dark, big fruits of my grandparents' old cherry tree. For me an absolute addiction factor. I have compared it with eclat 212 and after 5 minutes there is no difference on me. Amazing and with my consumption moneybag-saving;)
SignoraPaola
My olfactory vanilla cream puff with cherry filling
Yes, that's how I would describe "la petite robe noire". A sweet cream puff with vanilla cream and a warm cherry filling:-D
The first time I came in contact with this "little cream puff" was when I noticed it on a good friend. Always this sweet and lovely smell blew me around. Wonderful!
Now we (my girlfriend and me:-D) are unfortunately separated by a few kilometres and so I lost my "little cream puff" out of my nose.
One day I was strolling through the virtual perfumery and there I stumbled upon "la petite robe noire". I immediately thought of my girlfriend and of this sweet scent that always blew her away when she wore it. And even though I couldn't remember exactly what it smelled like, "la petite robe noire" hopped into my shopping basket. When he arrived, I couldn't wait to sniff him. And at first I was slightly disappointed, because I didn't notice anything of this sweet and lovely scent at first. I am of course aware that scents develop differently in different people. But I did not remember this initially powdery note. Nevertheless, I sprayed "la petite robe noire" generously.
As it is with me and fragrances, "true love" only develops on the second sniff.

I sprayed "la petite robe noire" once more and all of a sudden this wonderful sweet cherry scent blew me away. I actually smell a sweet cherry first, thinking of the small cherries found on the Black Forest gateau. Yummy! This cherry is slowly joined by the smell of delicious marzipan (but not in a heavy, cardboard sweet way), followed by a nice vanilla note. The image of a cream puff always comes to mind. Filled with delicious vanilla cream and slightly warm cherry jelly.

The vanilla note is more pronounced and even the sweet, preservative cherry note remains discreet. Finally, the vanilla is joined by the smoked tea. But for me the tea smells more like a very sweet and mild pipe tobacco. So the scent accompanies me the rest of the day.

I hardly or not at all perceive the other fragrances listed. All I smell is this soothing cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco note. Lovely!

The scent remains on my skin for a good 5 - 6 hours. Sometimes I perceive it still intensively, sometimes I smell only a discreet touch
I like the bottle very much, I like the way the black runs. Furthermore it lies well in the hand.

In my opinion, the fragrance is good to wear all year round. In the warm season perhaps rather in the evening. But I wear it as I please. Summer or winter. Spring and autumn. Morning and evening.

Conclusion:
A beautiful vanilla cherry scent with a touch of sweet and mild pipe tobacco. Not light, but also not unpleasantly pompous and heavy. I like it very much, it reminds me of my girlfriend and the wonderful time we had together. And of course of vanilla puffs with cherry filling
Mscamouflage
The black velvet dress...
I stand in front of the huge windows in my loft apartment in New York and tug at my black velvety swing dress. Outside it's September, there's a slight cool breeze, but still sunbeams can be seen. Tonight is the premiere of my first own fashion line, inspired by the 50's and I am excited. I put the pearls, which I found in an antique shop, original from the 60s, around my neck and look at myself in the mirror...something is still missing...don't forget the red plain pumps and the pearl earrings matching the necklace! Done. Finally I can relax a bit on my beloved Chesterfield sofa. Super that I decided for the great cherry red, that fits much better in my boutique than the leather brown.
"Miss Camouflage, are you ready yet?" a voice echoes from the airy white hallway with black and white pictures of old Hollywood stars on the wall.
Genevieve, my assistant, what would I do without her! She comes in and looks me up and down: "But, miss, what do you look like? Full of cat hair!''
"Velvet and cats don't get along so well," I reply laughing I am standing in front of the mirror so that Genevieve can get started with the lint roll, when suddenly I see on my table a piece of cherry marzipan cake and a cup of lemon liquorice tea.
"Oh Genevieve, you are the best! That's just what I need.'' I shout euphorically. Nerve food for tonight "But Miss, something is missing! On the way to the pastry shop I came across the new perfumery next door and I just had to stop by...I've found something too, for tonight!'' she says horrified but excited at the same time.
Out of her purse, she pulls out a beautiful, elegant bottle with the cover of a little black one. How gorgeous! I spray it on my wrist and I am surrounded by a small cloud of cherry-marzipan/almond cake and a splash of lemon, but this splash is not fresh, but mixed with liquorice, warm and secure like my tea.
I'm not afraid of tonight anymore "Oh Genevieve, you are simply the best!

At the end of 2019 I was in Cologne on a visit, there was a 20 percent sale in a perfumery and I finally bought my beloved Chanel Eau Fraiche, in addition I received a sample from Guerlain.
After 8 months(wow, it's been that long!) I finally came to test and what can I say? I like him. Everything described above went through my head...I am the last one who has it with "simply sweet" scents. But this one is not "just sweet. This one is. This slightly smoky, cool, sophisticated, yet mysterious. Yes, I look forward to autumn, when I can sniff my scarf and breathe in the cool air...
For durability, but as you know, everyone is different and everything on my skin is usually volatile, so I am satisfied with my 4-6 hours.
Meslina1996
Instant nausea and headaches in a bottle
will I ever learn from my bad blind purchases ?
...I find it pungent, tart, and with that overpoweringly fruity mon cherie touch, just disgusting.
In addition this linear and constant (apparently consisting only of head notes) scent...disappointing.
after 3 attempts which resulted in nausea & headaches, I know now: Unfortunately we really won't be friends anymore.
La Belle Noire
A lovely Parfuma here on Parfumo, who recommended La petite robe noire to me, brought this fragrance to my attention. She insisted that I have to test him because he was so great. And so yesterday I went to the perfumery with the big turquoise D to test it. The super friendly saleswoman explained to me, how with Chanel and Dior fragrances you don't have to wait after spraying on Guerlain, because the fragrance is immediately there. And she was right! The fragrance is present immediately after spraying. There's no need for tons of alcohol to evaporate. I was delighted. It smelled of these delicious huge black cherries, nicely rounded off by the liquorice. Quite sweet, but still dark and mysterious. The creamy almond and vanilla that followed harmonized perfectly with the cherry. It smelled of said delicious cherries with almond cream and vanilla. And indeed I could sniff a little musk in the background and - great - the smoky tea! It is precisely the liquorice, the almond and the smoky teeny note that ensure that La petite robe noire does not degenerate into a petty amniotic fluid. I find this fragrance to be an all-round success. Suitable for the cold season, evening and black wardrobe. I think it radiates something elegant, fine, extravagant and at the same time dark and warm. To make a long story short, I did the saleswoman my favor and that I will wish myself this fragrance for Christmas. She then kindly gave me a small sample so that I could also get the right version. This morning I sprayed myself with joy some of the sample and was immediately wrapped again in this wonderfully dark and feminine cherry scent. And what can I say? At lunch I promptly got a compliment from my mother that I would smell so good and the scent would suit me so well. And even my father, who often finds perfume too strong, found it smells good.

Conclusion: with La petite robe noire you have a wonderfully elegant, feminine and dark fragrance at hand that fits perfectly into the evening.
Oh la la ;D
I admit this is my first Guerlain fragrance, especially THE first Guerlain fragrance I've ever liked! Shalimar has always been too much for me... Mon Guerlain wasn't a favorite of mine either, despite the more open testing I was always bothered by the lavender note:( I know that sounds stupid now! But as a perfume lover or collector I think you should already own at least 1.Guerlain fragrance why... i do not know myself so exactly:D Anyway since I have reordered my favourite mascara from Lancome I got a Müsterchen from the la petite robe noir edp with me... Openly admitted I noticed at the beginning that, small Müsterchen not because I was skeptical whether I would like that at all, since I have made no pleasant experiences with the Guerlain fragrances ... For a long time I couldn't ignore the little Müsterchen:D...
La petite robe noir just sounded so tempting to me! Since I myself almost only wear black clothes;))).
Since I wore no perfume on this day, I gave myself 2.sprayer on my sweater ... But this time I wanted to surprise myself and didn't look at Parfumo;) I wanted to test myself and see how good my nose really is;D...

The scent!:)...
When spraying on I smelled a raspberry note, I didn't think there was anything big... Admittedly I LOVE raspberry fragrances but because of the name I had expected more, so I didn't pay much attention to the fragrance anymore...
Of course I could only smell berry notes for 5 minutes, which are very sweet but not artificially sweet! There were simply pleasant airy and syrupy berry notes but in a good way and white! I went in the kitchen to help my mother cook:) She looked at me with big eyes and said: "But you smell good! Suddenly I knew what she meant! I was suddenly like a frostbite! I smelled like out of nowhere the finest cherry note!*-* It was such a juicy but at the same time such a wicked + seductive cherry note*-* The almond note.... WOW!
I could repeat that word 100 times. Again! JUST WOW! The almond note harmonized so perfectly with the cherry note! Something I have to admit La petite robe noir reminds me a bit of Lost Cherry from TF! It has how I find a little resemblance! The fragrance itself is not a dupe but a beautiful and still very high quality alternative! The smoky tea note I personally just find mega!
The whole fragrance process is and remains sooo nicely smoky!:) And I just love it when a scent is smoky! This has something very seductive and mysterious about it!:) In my opinion, the rose is very sensual with this fragrance, especially in the course of the fragrance! Even if she is not very present I smell her from time to time, she also gives the fragrance a light feminine touch;) The berry notes nevertheless remained very present! What didn't bother me personally at all, I think the fragrance itself remained interesting!)
I have something to say personally! The scent is not strong! But also not easy!
Depending on the dosage, it can be worn all year round!:)

Alsoooo I can only say I am mega happy!:D And above all I have fallen in love with this fragrance extremely strong! It's just... Sexy!;D H+S is quite good as I find it, keeps with me all day long!:) I have already received many compliments for the fragrance itself:) Many said that the very special and the other smells like the smells that one smells today to day überralral. And of course I am of the same opinion!:) What is your opinion about this fragrance?:)
Pure femininity!
Ever since I had a sample of this fragrance in an exchange package, I have fallen for this fragrance. I had to buy it immediately and like to wear it, a true compliment getter, with no other have I received as many compliments as with these. "Little black" the name fits totally seduction pure :D I love it
Katjuscha
How I'm eating into myself in the little black dominoes.
This fragrance is my first encounter with Guerlain. And it wasn't love at first sight.
I was looking for a Christmas present for my husband and since it became a perfume again, I got La Petite Robe Noire as a sample with.
The little sample lay around for a while and fell into my hands again after a few days. Sprayed on and shrugged his shoulders. The little black one just didn't suit me. Had I perhaps eaten too many dominoes? I don't think it's gonna work out with us.
At some point, hours later, when I wanted to rest my head in the position of a thinker, the little black girl shot me in the nose again.

What the fuck? You're still here?
And suddenly I fitted into the little black one and it stood perfectly on me and again I was reminded of dominoes.

But why didn't I like it at first? The next day, I gave it another shot. Was it the top notes? No, I really liked them this time, although I can't sniff out any lemons apart from the fruits.
Maybe it was me, wasn't it? Maybe I didn't have the self-confidence to dress in the little black one in the morning. And why did I feel like dominoes again?

You could say it was love at second sight. And I fell so in love that La Petite Robe Noire became my signature scent. Since I am already a black bearer, the little black one also suits me in the office.

Durability is insane. I sniff the sweet cherries, the hearty almond that smells like marzipan and the delicate rose on my wrist all day long In the base the scent is very dark, but I like it. Is it the smoky tea combined with the vanilla? In my opinion it is the only fragrance in the whole series that has earned the name La Petite Robe Noire.

And now, every time the pre-Christmas season comes, I buy 5 packs of dominoes and feed myself into my little black one.
Definitely a picture for the gods!

Cherry Tutu Skirt
The initial blast of La Petite Robe Noire is a very tart cherry scent, which distinguishes itself from other common sweet cherry fragrances. Licorice is also detectable at this very first stage of LPRN, which did make me think of Lolita Lempicka. However, while LL develops into a more powdery scent, LPRN evolves into another direction.

While the initial strong sour cherry mellows, red berries and almonds also come into the scene. Patchouli pops out here or there with a hint of earthiness, but in an understated way. Soon the scent transforms into a sort of candied rose, quite like LPRN EDT. While EDT is bright and sparkling with fresh crisp apple, EDP is just a little bit darker, richer, but nowhere near being gothic or femme fatale.

The final stage marks the return of cherry and its dance with vanilla, tonka and gentle licorice, smooth like a light cream, and slowly fades away.

The sillage is strong at first but soft during the drydown. The longevity is pretty good for around 10h. To me, LPRN is a playful and girly fragrance with good quality, not too complex to spoil the fun, but still with some depth preventing from being childish.

I like it, but still am skeptical for a full bottle purchase as personally I don't see myself wearing it too often. The price tag certainly doesn't help. I think it might sit on my 'want list' for quite a while.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
The bottle is very refined ( and the price is high), but I find this gourmand perfume by Guerlain very commercial . Anyway, pleasant
DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 4 years ago
5.5
Smells very artificial on my skin, like cup cake flavourings. Also reminds me of cherry cough syrup, e.g. SudaFed. Very long lasting.

by Zora
by Zora
Wenn Ihr wüsstet, wie lang ich gesucht habe, bis ich so ein Tor in Flakon-Form gefunden habe...;-)) ... und mit Napoleon-Hut, extra für BBMie!!;-))
by LaVioletta
by UniqueCherie
by UniqueCherie
by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by Zelena
by Zelena
parfümierte Schneekugeln als Kundenpräsente für eine Guerlain-Soirée in den Galeries Lafayette Berlin
by Coriolon
by Hufing
by 08dotti05
by 08dotti05

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain