Les Élixirs Charnels - Gourmand Coquin (2008)

Les Élixirs Charnels - Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain

Les Élixirs Charnels - Gourmand Coquin is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2008. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Christine Nagel

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose, Smoky tea
Base Notes Base NotesRum, Chocolate

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.04.2019

7.0 9.0 9.0/10

Dizzying heights
There are fragrances that I find beautiful but they do not touch me, they do not become images in my head, memories or emotions.
But there are those that make me laugh or cry. At least on the inside. That includes Les Élixirs Charnels- Gourmand Coquin. Although I don't wear it myself, I find it incredibly inspiring.

My mother's apartment (almost 80) is a small fairy kingdom. The colour white dominates and bathes her doll collection, crystal vessels, angels of all sizes and shapes in a soft light. In between there are always pictures of us. Their children, their grandchildren. Blue, green, grey are the details of her little dollhouse like empire. The light is subdued and the smell of coffee is pleasant throughout the home. She is a war child, has collected her lost treasures at flea markets together again.

In between, her perfume complements the whole perfectly. It is this elegant spice that leads to a slightly alcoholic fragrance. I perceive Federweisser, very discreetly. Then there's the full, intoxicating base of gourmand notes. A scented carpet woven from tea and cocoa that makes me melt. A magnificent but by no means loud perfume. Perceptible, comforting and warming. Not everyone can wear it, my mother can and should, as long as she is with us.

Gourmand Coquin tells me about the life of a woman who has experienced a lot. Dizzying heights and deepest crashes. Who had to dig through deep black soul caves to find light again at the end of the tunnel. A heaviness and a lightness. What life is like. And sweet, full of moments to be kissed. And things we can't understand, but feel.
5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Jbells
Rich Chocolate and Vanilla!
I'm sampling this out of a dab vial, so I might be missing some notes.

It's actually a bit challenging for me to try to describe this because while I've read all the raves about this, I never expected it to be this good and this edible! The only thing I really want to say is that good golly it's so yummy!

But oh my goodness. This is one heck of a gourmand. Right out of the vial I smell a strong milky chocolate, and that's exactly how it translates onto my skin! There's this chocolate cafe in Krakow, Poland that sells *the* best chocolate drinks in town - straight up melted chocolate in a cup in all its rich wonder. That's exactly what I taste in my mouth when I dab on Gourmand Coquin. There's also some vanilla in the mix, and little spice and pepper thing going on much closer to the skin.

It does become a tad boozy but still sooo chocolatey. At this stage it reminds me of a very watered-down version of the alcoholic drink Baileys. Something in it also reminds me of caffeine, I checked the notes and it says tea? So maybe that's it.

Basically, if you like yummy frags and rich, rich chocolate and vanilla, at least get a tiny bit of this to sample. It's lovely and so easy to wear!

Projection is quite decent, not enough to kill a room of people on me, but noticeable. Lasting power was quite good too. I stopped keeping count at 6 hours.
7.5 7.5 10.0 8.0/10

Ineverwas
This WILL get you fat (but you will love it)!
My God, this is a fabulous gourmand perfume! I was expecting chocolate and vanilla and I was expecting it to be tasty, but this fragrances goes beyond tasty, it's just irresistibly edible and has the olfactory structure of a real, three-dimensional dessert. It made me salivate as soon as it hit my nostrils as if my nose couldn't tell the difference between this masterful allusion and reality.

Gourmand Coquin has the very buttery, creamy texture of the delicious dessert that you know will get you fat just as sure as you know you'll definitely eat it all. This is pure gourmet dream: white milky chocolate, lush vanilla, dark powdered cocoa and spices and inebriating spritzes of savory rum. If there is any rose in this perfume, it's made of chocolate too.

Any gourmand perfume lover has to try this one, because it is the epitome of the genre, made with extraordinary, high quality materials. But beware, if you fall for this as hard as I have, the price you'll have to pay is a high one, for this gorgeous elixir does not come cheap: last I've heard, a 75ml bottle was around $270.

Sweet, rich, soft, velvety, oily, luscious, buttery, chocolatey deliciousness... yes I just want to eat myself up when I wear this!

by Angua
by Beautycase
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain