Météorites 2000

Météorites by Guerlain
Météorites is a perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes, Iris
Heart Notes Heart NotesViolet
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.12.2019.

Make-up in the mortar??
Good evening, my dear fans! Did you miss me? Sure not,... I'm here almost every evening anyway, so nobody misses me *sigh* On the contrary, maybe I'm already too much here for some (I don't want to know that!!!!) *sigh* again

Anyway, today I'm coming to Météorites de Guerlain. No, this is not some video game classic... probably the women didn't think that anyway... but some guys would probably think of classic, old games like Asteroids (there is also the game Meteorites on the Atari 5200, but nobody should know that). Guys like me, who underline again that they played a lot of video games in their childhood and still play a lot of them today or at least know the whole titles. A useless knowledge, which makes us seem even more nerdy and looser-looking, especially for women, and which then somehow are even meaner to us *indritttesmalseufz*
Yeah, yeah, hey... did I say women can be beasts? No! I haven't mentioned that in this comment yet, so I can call again to my heart's content: Women are BIEEEESTER!!! :DDD

Hey hey, back to the scent. He is the predecessor of the recently released Météorites Le Parfum, which I have already commented on, but which I found rather average and boring, especially for a Guerlain fragrance. But since I unfortunately don't have in mind how the 2018 fragrance had scented, I can't compare both fragrances with each other and will describe it here, as so often, simply as an independent fragrance. And in case you didn't know: The Guerlain Météorites are not new fragrance series, but have their name from the powder pearl products of the same name, which come from the make-up area of Guerlain, but of course you ladies knew this because you are beasts! Uh, no wait, that just slipped out, I wanted to say, because you guys are much more interested in make up than we guys are (but we have to admit that you can look really cute with make up that's not overly overly applied, *sigh of sigh*).
But now for the scent!

The fragrance:
Oh, the scent pyramid given here hits the bull's eye. At the beginning you really smell everything you can see on it, and everything at the same time right from the start. I smell green notes that look fresh. Then I smell beautiful, flowery-sweetish violets that also appear powdery and the powdery aura is reinforced by the iris. Afterwards I can also perceive the heliotrope, because this flower not only gives off a nice sweet scent, but also looks quite almond-like.
The green notes weaken quickly again and in my opinion quickly become the weakest scent here. Basically, the fragrance stays that way, so that it smells sweet and powdery and still slightly floral at the end. However, it is nothing special in itself, since one knows such smells also sufficiently. But anyway, he's nice anyway.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is rather weak. I think that although you can smell the scent yourself for a short while, others can hardly smell it or at least only smell it up close. Therefore, the shelf life seems a little less, namely four to six hours, of which the fragrance radiates at least half of this time relatively weakly.

The bottle:
The bottle is round or disc-shaped and clear. On the front and back a gilded, floral or mandala-like design was applied, which can also be found on the upper side of the gilded lid. All in all a beautiful bottle, but also a little old-fashioned (like a fragrance from the 80s).

Soo,... so the smell hasn't gotten bad in itself. Because he starts quite nice and pleasant, because he smells sweet and flowery and I bet that he especially on the skin of beasts... I meant of course women, very pleasant smell should :D

However, the beginning is also the greatest strength of the fragrance, since it soon weakens too much, and that is where it already has a small sillage. This makes it a bit more irrelevant later on, as you can only perceive the scent with some effort and it still smells nice, but also a bit interchangeable without any real recognition value. If it were a rather cheap fragrance, I would have said that you could use it loosely in spring and summer for the day for yourself or as a discreet fragrance at work, but I find that there are much nicer and stronger fragrances from Guerlain for the price. Well, it's just one of those fragrances that smell nice but you don't need. So just test it yourself, if you should see it, because I think that the fragrance is no longer on the market.

That's it again! I wish you beasts a nice evening :))))

PS: ... what on earth are powder pearls at all? Do they have to be crushed in a mortar before they can be applied or what? But for me the colorful pearls look like little candies made of dextrose, somehow so... delicious! DD

The meteor shower of Guerlain
The name Météorites has so far been used by Guerlain for 3 fragrances (including 1 room fragrance) and the powders, pressed and in pearl form, which were and still are available in countless variations. That can be a little confusing. Météorites Le Parfum came onto the market this year, but my thoughts revolve around the Millenium-Météorites.
It was only available as 50 ml EdT Spray, limited to the turn of the millennium, at a small price. So to speak a child of the "difficult years" with Guerlain, shortly after the sale to LVMH, when also the atypical Secret Intentions was brought on the market and Guerlain still seemed a little identity-less.
However, Météorites 2000 is "all Guerlain", has a clear identity and practically nothing in common with this year's snow-white fragrance Météorites Le Parfum, except perhaps a noticeable concentration of iris. However, this is only in the early stages of development, later it is hardly noticeable, but an increasing fresh, cool creaminess, which reminds me very much of the scent of the Orchidée Imperiale facial care line from the same house. There's nothing sweet-flowery here anymore, and not as powdery as I expected. Green, slightly spicy cream with violet notes and a small woody flavor. In the base I even think there are hints of Jardins de Bagatelle.
A naturally fragrant surprise!
Violet blue
Today the meteroid came floating to me.

My dear friend sent him to me - and he seems to have fallen directly from the sky, where the little prince takes care of his rose.

In addition to the enchanting violet scent, the dark red Caprice rose also blooms.
It wraps the lush violet in velvety.
Delicate lilac creates a light purple background.
The iris powder gently and you walk on soft grass green.

So may the little prince walk on his planet with joy.

The fragrance has something emotional and fairy-tale about it that touches me.

Even the rational spouse cannot escape the star spell.
" A new fragrance ? Violet blue - like your eyes. "

That sounds like a compliment that I'm happy to take.

Like the loving gift of fragrance

Miss Feminity
Unique!
I was looking for it so long, and finally I found a half full bottle ...
The scent is absolutely feminine.An aroma for every boudoir of a woman .Magnificent!
Heliotrope and violet-iris synthesis.Sweet, soft and powdery. Enchanting, caring and dreamy.
The sample i smelled years ago and i was captivated ... but the scent was recorded in my memory.
A gift to womanhood, a Guerlain fragrance that is not addressed in the dynamic and headstrong woman fatally (see Shalimar). A fragrance that appeals to the dreamer, sensitive and romantic ...
The eternal feminity!

by Silverrain
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain