Mitsouko Eau de Parfum

Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Baccarat

Top 68 in Women's Perfume
Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is chypre-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Jasmine, Rose, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac, Peach, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oakmoss, Spices, Vetiver, Cinnamon

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.05.2020.

BelAmi
Once Mitsouko, always Mitsouko.
Mitsouko has been with me for almost a decade. Sprayed on in a perfumery, because just sniffing the bottle was so wonderful. Spending an evening at the theatre with the fragrance on my wrist - always fine clouds of scent - fruity, woody, melancholic, deep and yet full of warmth. Not a bit old-fashioned for my nose. Since that evening Mitsouko accompanied me. Around the clock, whereby one sprayer is sufficient for a good 10 hours. He brought me the most beautiful scent compliments. It was one of the few fragrances I could wear during pregnancy. A splash under the sweater is enough. Mitsouko works his way through clothes. In summer I wore the eau de toilette, on cooler and colder days the eau de perfume. Then I came across perfume. Since then, I've fallen in love with all kinds of perfumes countless times. They came and went. Only a few stayed. And even fewer made it into my private "Heart's Fragrances" category. In the course of the last few years, all my bottles changed. Except for one. Mitsouko stayed. It's been a long time since I wore it. But to give him away, no, it was always obvious it would be wrong. I gave away other fragrances and thought that if I ever asked for it again, I would get a new one - that would certainly affect a handful of fragrances in my collection. With Mitsouko this question never arose. Whenever I passed the Guerlain counter here in my city and went on a fragrance journey with new scents, Mitsouko always came up with something new. Then the consultant said very calmly and as if it was the most normal thing in the world (she has certainly been working for Guerlain for over 20 years) "once Mitsouko, always Mitsouko. Once you love him, you'll never stop loving him." And she tells me, a perfume!

Recently, and this is a very special time, my Mitsouko bottle fell into my hands again. A spray on my wrist and since then, despite the spring sun, I can't seem to get away from it. In the meantime, if I have followed it correctly, it has had 1-2 reformulations. And my perfume heart was very curious about the new version. Today it arrived. Tensely I unpacked it. A white instead of gold-colored cardboard. The flacon unchanged. And the scent. It's definitely Mitsouko. A bit more austere and masculine than the other contents of my bottle. A little more transparent, less dense, less fruity. After two or three hours, I can hardly tell the difference and it lasts just as long. This version, too, works its way through your clothes and exudes its melancholic warmth. What I am glad that there is this wonderful scent. And if I had money, a lot of money, I would love to have one of these beautiful, though hopelessly impractical bee flacons. Or a big bottle of the Extract. As Guerlain's advisor said so beautifully "30 ml of Extrait you can dare - once you love Mitsouko, you will always love him".

Carlitos01
The young memory of a century old perfume
With an original formula by Jacques Guerlain dated 1919, and the name of a seductive Japanese lady, it currently obeys a very happy reformulation by Thierry Wasser, the Guerlain in house perfumer.
It is a typical Chypre that opens with citrus fruits and has a powerful oakmoss as a base note. We find a soft sweetness in the heart notes, which arrive both floral and fruity (peach). At the bottom we find an ambergris frame with a touch of spices and cinnamon that refines its sweetness during the drydown.
I consider it a more unisex perfume than a feminine one, and according to the statistics of its buyers, more than 25% are men.
It has an above average performance that allows you to confidently face its prolonged use for a whole day or for a late night out.
I love using these vintage (pseudo) feminine scents from Guerlain. Perhaps Mitsouko is the most overtly unisex, followed by Shalimar and Jicky. I classify L'Heure Bleue as the least masculine of all. Given the unisex tendency of all refered perfumes, they all have men who like to use them, and I include myself in that number.

How can I classify this mix of lady and samurai?
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Opening: 9.5 (very nice spicy and almost fresh opening; It presents a floral sweetness that evolves to a fruity spicy one due to the peach and cinnamon notes)
DryDown: 8.5 (long mossy and ambery drydown with an animalic touch)
Longevity: 9.0 (2 good sprays can last 9+ hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (up to 6 feet at its peak with 2 sprays; projects for 2.5 hours)
Uniqueness: 8.5 (It has its own DNA but somewhat similar to other vintage Chypres)
Wearability: 9.0 (A three season fragrance for outdoors or indoors, day or night; just avoid the hot summer days)
Versatility: 8.5 (A very easy to wear all around unisex fragrance; just forget sports and seaside)
Compliments: 8.0 (You will smell good to everybody but not in a seductive way)
Quality: 9.5 (above-average quality ingredients, nice plunger, nice sprayer)
Presentation: 9.0 (very nice presentation for a vintage Chypre)
Price: 8.0 (EdP 75 ml non tester for € 40.00 + shipping)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall rating: 8.68 / 10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recommended;
- greater than 9 = do not miss;

Recommendation: If you are a woman this is a must have in my opinion. It fits better ladies after 30 years old and/or formal clothes. If you are a man, you should better try it first. As far as I am concerned it's a must have for me.

Music: Cats Musical - "Memory"

Mitsouko Eau de Parfum
Now in its one hundred and first year of production, my review is based on a decant of the current version on the shelves. I have not tried other iterations of Mitsouko other than this one and my review is based entirely on this. Thank you for watching.

Alexandrea
1919 for 2020... not yesterday's!
Since I soon have the vintage versions of my favorite fragrances from my youth and early adult years together, the hunting ground had to be expanded. I first dealt with "vintage perfumes", by which I mean perfumes that appeared in the birth year of my loved ones. But during my studies I continued to drift away: Which perfume is the oldest, which perfume houses have been on the market for how long? I came from Höcksken to Stöcksken... are there any of the old creations left on the market?
So I ended up with Guerlain, studied your comments and statements about Jicky, L'Heure Bleu and Mitsouko. All three make me incredibly curious, but somewhere you have to start and the lot fell on the latter.
You can find the reason for this in the title above :-D
New Year's Eve is just around the corner, we've been planning the party for a long time, motto 20/20.
i was ahead of time to move on to 2020???? la, got something!
So I'm off to check out the perfumeries in my town. And indeed, one (!) of them had Mitsouko and his tester on the shelf.

I sprayed Mitsouko directly on my wrist and seconds later I could guess what the top note would be.

The top note starts like a drumbeat, glistening bright. Oha, that kicks right into the central nervous system. Bergamot and citrus fruits act like a cold shower, a wake-up call that demands all your attention. This lightness and clarity does step back, but remains in the core and, gives the fragrance a subtle coolness, This coolness does not make you shiver, it rather seems to open the airways, to free the head. As if, after a long time spent in a room overcrowded with people, one would finally step oxygen out of each other. I hope you understand what I mean. I don't mean the "Fisherman's Friends" effect, just the feeling of fresh, oxygen-rich air flowing back into the lungs. This effect is then maintained by a well-dosed pinch of cinnamon and spices. But here a Christmas market scent or even spicy Chai-Latte aroma does not develop at all. These spices are all in all so flattering, so extremely soft, as I have never smelled them before. Apart from the clearly definable cinnamon note, no other spices appear clearly definable to me, yet they are there. Mitsouko has for my sensation an oriental note, which is very soft, round and minimally sweet. Add to that a chord of flowers. Between all this the peach floats, peers out, withdraws again... often I can only guess at it, but not grasp it. Mitsouko gets depth from woody notes that at least on my skin don't seem scratchy green. Again and again the different themes emerge in the course of the fragrance. This is so exciting, so complex without knocking over. I find him absolutely WOW.

Unfortunately I lack the words to better describe this effect, but he reminds me of Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" of 1924. Gershwin declared it a "musical experiment" that combines traditional symphonies with modern jazz. Until today the Rhapsody in Blue is one of the most played pieces. Because it goes under people's skin. Whoever gets involved with it, takes it, better, sweeps it away. Just like Mitsouko: Mitsouko is grounded and seduced, makes you dream and feel lively....
I wonder if Gershwin saw his role model in Guerlain Yeah, I know, pretty far-fetched. What both creators have in common is the following thought: Do not demonize the good of tradition, but keep it alive through the new, stand in the here and now, look to the future. That is and remains modern!

I would like to close with my music example and am curious whether you will find more.
Do you have a good quarter of an hour? Yes? Okay, then. Let the music work its magic on you If you like, look for a comfortable couch, put your feet up, close your eyes, listen and follow the music. For me Mitsouko feels like this.

The Return of Longing
Finally, the days are getting longer again. The last snowballs hide in shady corners. Warming sunbeams tickle my skin. And also the birds want to greet the approaching spring. It is her friendly singing that awakens in me the longing for airy green, for richly moist earth. After the peace and originality of the forests. And it is precisely this longing that makes me choose Mitsouko today. Already a few days I creep around the bottle, place it in my hand, take off the cap and suck the scent deep into it. This year it will rain Mitsouko - comments from the sky. 100 years. Milestone. Icon. Role model. Grand Dame and Diva.

Diva, if I make the mistake of putting her on the wrong job. Sprayed too close to the skin and it lifts the strict index finger, looks disgruntled, almost displeased.

Then rather by wasteful gesture put some sprayers into ether. Slowly the fine fog trickles down on my skin. So generously applied, Mitsouko now adheres to nothing at all bärbeißiges more. Friendly bergamot and light citrus fruits greet me. They are of natural freshness and neither harsh nor scratchy for me. They meet up with well-meaning jasmine and fragile-looking lilac. The appearance of the peach in this wonderful composition intoxicates every time anew. It has not yet developed its full sweetness, is still young and tender and yet can be perceived authentically as a fruit. A dream. But the most beautiful is yet to come. In the drydown Mitsouko - the serious, the silence - becomes incredibly cuddly. The almost shy flowers and the discreet fruitiness slowly give off the sceptre to a warm cinnamon note - for their endurance is fantastic. This takes all the rigour out of the oak moss and gives this masterpiece a golden shimmer.

There may be countless aspects that have made Mitsouko successful over so many generations. For me it symbolizes like no other fragrance the perfect symbiosis between the last icy breeze and the warming sunbeams of an early spring day. And exactly then she accompanies me on long hikes through the deep green silence of the forests. Mitsouko. The return of longing

Xanthon
Captures the world silently!
Well, it doesn't stop projecting and keeps coming back time to time. And, wherever you enter it will silently enters the nose of people around you and they will be pleasantly alarmed. This one is for people who love class, and this one is not shy in smelling expensive. What a wonderful impact it leaves! Loved wearing it throughout the day.

A japanese romance
I'm a little excited being about to write something about a piece of history. This scent, indeed, is a milestone of the perfumery. anyway, I'll try to describe the emotions I feel everytime I steal a spray of this wonderful fragrance.
First of all, I asked myself : "Why the name Mitsouko?" so, I've found that Mitsouko (or, better, Mitsuoko in the original Language)is a heroine of the claude Farrère 's novel "La bataille" (The battle) telling the story of the impossible love between ajapanese lady and a British officer during the Russian-Japanese war.
So, how to describe the feelings of a woman's broken heart with olfactive notes?Monsieur Guerlain in 1919 tried the undertaking with a glorious and wonderful result.
At the first spray, you are involved by an intoxicating Jasmine cloud made fizzier by citrusy touches.
Then, the scent reveals its warm-fruity heart of peach (not sweetish, but perfectly balanced) and ylang ylang, very sensual and feminin. But on the skin remain the wonderful base notes such as the oakmoss and the ambergriss with spicy accents and a green vibrant touch given by the vetyver.
It's the perfect symphony. A bitterseet composition describing perfectly all the multifaceted sides of a woman 's soul. Classy, refined, unmistakable the "vintage"and historical bottle with the typical pointy cap, simple but sophisticated at the same time . A four seasons-jewel to wear with an elegant and classy outfit, in the midlle season as well as in winter or in a particularly chic summer night .
The longevity and the sillage are very good and if the price is high, mind that you're investing your money in a work of art! Thank you for all, Monsieur Guerlain.

Peachy - oakmoss - spicy
Apart from any trend about this flanker, it's still a daring chypre fruity that no one bothers to release with the current prohibitions of ingredients. Mitsouko EdP opens like a noble chypre with astringent bergamot and intoxicating floral curtain, and swirls to mossy woody warmth of base by the help of very dominant spice-coated peach marmalade. Impressive massive chypre.
4/5

A True Icon
Mitsouko! You were the one that got away but were murdered by the cowards. The one who escaped history to haunt me. What is it that you want? What is your mystery? Every time I spray you on you're telling me new things, new stories new fairy tales. Why won't you reveal all your secrets at once? Maybe it's because despite being a classic chypre your genius is still ahead of time. Jacques Guerlain worked magic with your lush "C4" peach note against the bed of oakmoss. Mitsouko if Louis Vuitton hadn't taken over you, if IFRA hadn't shot your soul you would have become without doubt the fragrance that everyone even by today's standards would envy.

Smell deep, smell rich, smell sophisticated, smell like Mitsouko!

Briarthorn
Guerlain never lets me down
A very complex cypher. Oakmoss, vetiver, spices. There's a soft citrus in the opening with a hint of lilac. It's very different. The drydown in divine and spicy. This is a real work of art. I can understand why it's so popular, and timeless. This was for the EDP.

Jun
2014

TruckladyTrucklady 12 months ago
Soul achingly exquisite.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 16 months ago
One of the best Guerlain to date. Fantastic chypre unisex fragrance with amazing mossy, spicy, floral, earthy and animal notes!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
I re-tested it after many years and it was a surprise to me: Jasmine notes involved me in a wonderful exotic trip!
I must have it!

Abendstimmumg
Mitsouko als Braut • bridal veil • voile de mariée
by IrisNobile
by IrisNobile
Liebe Mitsouko, ich sitze unter den Zweigen einer Märzkirsche, lausche deiner Musik; deine Akkorde sind meisterlich, dein Klang hat mich betört
Dein Duft gleicht einer orientalischen Braut * you smell like an oriental bride
by Chanelle
by Philosykos
by Philosykos

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain