Mon Guerlain 2017Eau de Parfum

Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Top 67 in Women's Perfume
Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, True lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian jasmine sambac, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesTahitian vanilla, Australian sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 06.03.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Angelina Jolie.

uncomplicated and wonderful
That this fragrance is uncomplicated in my eyes, is not meant negatively, but absolutely 100% positive. You could also say, he is really round. Warm, soft, striking but in no way intrusive, enchanting and rrrrund. It is wearable in the office as well as in the evening. My son immediately noticed the lavender scent, which I honestly only detect as more than subtle. I am thrilled with my new signature
Oui c'est mon!

This fragrance is on my skin like a beautiful chameleon. I have really great luck that my skin harmonizes so great with the Guerlaindüften. It would be a very big loss for me if it were not so. Unlike many, I liked Mon Guerlain right away. When I read the comments after the launch and it went more in the direction of "Nah, it's not that great", I was quite confused and even sad.I felt quite differently and proudly wore it even in the summer on me.For me, it is a firecracker - not one that stands out by annoying volume, rather by its totally beautiful and wonderfully coordinated play of colors, ie fireworks. In honor of this creation I am now really glad that many have discovered in the same way and find wonderful! Not's else he has earned.

He starts with me very briefly fresh, lavenderig and then immediately warm and also quite quickly vanillig. As already mentioned, he is with me a kind of chameleon - depending on how I'm doing, he changes.At first I thought I was imagining it but no, it is with me actually so. Skin chemistry paired with the art from the house of Guerlain...how can you not love it!!! I also get a lot of compliments when I wear it (mostly from the masculine side) - I think it's just my scent. It fits. And what it does on my skin is amazing. In my hair it is still clearly noticeable the next day.
Is it sexy?! Yes, but as I said not loud, rather sensual and with style and depth.
In this way, which works both in the little black as well as in a cozy wool sweater.

Merci, mon chéri.

Fragrance: as described with me a skin chemistry miracle, a dream. Please also absolutely test on the skin, paper is not honest to me in this case.

Sillage: Good, not too room-filling but if you "streaks" someone clearly perceivable.

Flacon: art,art,art .

Durability: with me well (winter and summer different).

Price: Meanwhile good and he is more than worth it, I think.

All the best in discovering this beauty!
Elegance in person
Wow. What a fragrance!!! I think a lot of women would like this fragrance. It is so elegant and classy. When I smell this perfume I immediately imagine a strong, independent and elegant woman. That's why I have to say that Angelina Jolie's face is a perfect match for this perfume. After the first sniff, this fragrance immediately captivated me.
It is a powdery and fresh sweetness that enchants you.
However, I have found a point of criticism. Unfortunately, this fragrance evaporates very quickly with me, so I do not smell him after about 2 hours at all. Is it only me so? I think it's a real shame because it's a really stunning scent. Do you think that the intense version has a longer shelf life?
Beauty and charmlessness
A fragrance that has been on everyone's lips for a while - of course I can't test it. Again and again I met people who wore this fragrance and stated that they wear it almost every day. I had to find out how it affects me intimately, how the scent progresses. Here is my very personal, honest impression.
I hope you enjoy reading and that I succeed in describing.

The first sniffer:
Hello Mon Guerlain, you are very offensive. Tart citrusy bergamot paired with freshly picked lavender sprigs show me what they can do here. The top note, which comes across as lush, sets itself massively apart from anything I've had the pleasure of sniffing up to this point. The top of the pyramid also differs from the rest of the fragrance with this statement, because by the withdrawal of the lavender in the ongoing development, the fragrance becomes creamier and leaves more and more room for the sandalwood. I also hear the latter from the start, which I really like. I just welcome it when you already know what goal is being worked towards and what to expect. Then you feel safe and bask in well-being.

The development:
What runs through the whole fragrance is the pleasing sweetness that comes along, which gives Mon Guerlain a femininity that you expect from feminine Guerlain fragrances. I suspect the vanilla is behind it and it gets sweeter by the hour. However, the heart of the fragrance is also marked by iris, which comes across as very frugal but perceptible here. She dims the sweetness down and gives Mon Guerlain a powdery fresh sweetness - powdered sugar!

Jasmine I then also recognize and here Mon Guerlain gets me also best. It doesn't overpower the other notes, but holds them together protectively- very well done. Sandalwood remains further present and forms the creamy foundation.

How does it feel now to wear Mon Guerlain?
One thing is clear, it smells likeable and therefore it is no surprise that many wear Mon Guerlain as their signature. Even though the start was pleasantly foreign to me, I would describe the fragrance DNA as familiar and classic. There's something about the fragrance that you're happy to know. You can count on it to be there for you, to not let you down. Despite these qualities sounding rather old/parental, I can easily imagine 20-somethings wearing it.

My conclusion:
The fact that the fragrance is beautiful and attractive to many ladies, I can understand. To me, unfortunately, he is too normal, too clean (by that I mean too well-behaved and innocent) and just unfortunately no surprise for my nose. In addition, he reminds me of many teachers whom I liked, but smell like them? No, I would like to stand out then but a little from the crowd.

Tell me with pleasure whether you like Mon Guerlain :)

Mon cher coeur
My beloved heart. In the middle of my journey of discovery through the world of fragrances, you suddenly fell into my hands and I just can't get you out of my head. At first rather inconspicuous, you shine when sniffing closely in your composition of beautiful flowers and powdery warm powdered sugar and know how you enchant - all day. On my skin, you develop a vanilla iris note that always leaves me gobsmacked and never ceases to delight.

Times are hard my love, yet you give me comfort and remind me of what mon is. To love and be loved by a wonderful person, to be able to be with them and even in the darkest of times still appreciate the beautiful things in life, no matter how trivial and mundane they may seem to others. True, you carry within you a spirit of the times that may meet with resistance, but to my nose you are incomparable and perfect just as you are. And can so many people whose hearts you have captured lie?

This is a love letter to you and a toast to life, so I hope with all my being that you will linger by my side for a long time to come and together we will get through this as well as hard times to come. Mon cher coeur. My beloved heart. You give me strength and hope when I need it most and for that I want to thank you - Forever.

Soft lavender
I think thats creative scent. Because we dont see lavender in women scents so often. Thierry Wasser did masterpiece. Also unisex. My darling really likes it and he wanna use + sometimes he use too. (: Lavender, dusty tonka bean, sandalwood, vanilla. Sometimes I get almond and cherry effect too. Great togetherness. Its like silky bedtime/ after bath lotion. Elegant and expensive feeling. +30 age. 30/40 age it's golden times.
Safety distance
This little water does not do things by halves. Once arrived at the shirt sleeve, Mon Guerlain scented the entire laundry pile for 5 days.
But is this Guerlain one of which you want to be so long embraced?
For me, the answer can only be yes!
The lavender wave, with which the fragrance begins, is a bit old-fashioned, but for me just because of that charming. Why fix something that isn't broken? As a retro ingredient for those who like to dream themselves into French perfume centers or earlier centuries of apothecary art, this top note is killer. Personally, I find the lavender a bit too strong here and the bergamot too fleeting. When I once tried to hug a friend with freshly applied Mon Guerlain, she fled from me. "I want to be able to hug you without being immediately knocked out by this synthetic!" was the very blunt comment....
I can understand what she means. But even fragrances, if they want to be beautiful, have to suffer first, perhaps? Because after Mon Guerlain was so harshly rejected, it transformed...
I am so in love with the drydown of this perfume! Ohhh that vanilla with the lavender just clinging to it as an afterthought. No one is asking for a safe distance anymore either :) I can understand the commenters calling this fragrance "everybodys darling". But does that have to be a bad thing? I really hardly know people who don't like the heart notes and base of this fragrance.
The vanilla smells fresher to me than others, classic Guerlain but also applicable in spring- maybe because of the jasmine in the heart note. I also like the strong sillage and am happy to have found a winter fragrance, where little is already enough and which I can also still smuggle into the spring.
0.5

French repeat
Nice concoction, but not an extraordinary one.

I don't understand how people can smell notes which are basically mute.
Mon Guerlain stays linear from first moment throughout to drydown were it slightly softens - the sandal does the magic. It's a blast of loud iris, jasmine, vanilla and patchouli. Very nice, but not enough to compel me to buy. Too powdery, too sweet.
Great sillage - if you like this type of florals - but it can be overbearing if you don't. Kinda classic of other times compared to more modern types of similar fragrance.

I prefer the floral flanker, way better.

My Guerlain
There are so many great scents that have been victim of reformulations so I was hunting for My New Scent.

I discovered Mon Guerlain right when I found out I was pregnant (2018)
I remember the first sniff. Only Guerlain knows how to evoke memories yet sell something brand new.
So beautiful.
It is well rounded. I had to look up the notes and they all make sense but none of them are too much or too little.

It smells divine. Modern yet classic. The vanilla is softer but a great tribute to Shalimar. The sandalwood is bringing Samsara's spirituality in my mind. The patchouli is from the Petit Noir. The bottle is from Jicky.

I love to read that it is made with sustainable ingredients. I love that science, tradition and alchemy is meeting while this potion was created. Thierry Wasser is a botanist and alchemist.

The feeling - since the notes are well blended the pyramid itself is not important. So when I wear on my skin, it is pure feminity. The lavender is balanced with vanilla, no masculine undertone.

It is definitely a warm scent. But fresh at the same time with the citrus top.
It is elegant but when my man sniffs in my neck it is aphrodisiac. The dry down shows the sweet patchouli and musk.

Longevity is excellent. Sillage is just right. It is a young but strong woman's scent who is aware of her sensuality but she doesn't need to use a biological weapon to hunt her man down.

It is an instant mood lifter. Ideal for meditation or yoga. It smells like angels. The more it gets in touch with my pheromones the better it gets.

I have no tattoos but I wear Mon Guerlain as my invisible one.

I feel sexy and confident wearing it but not vulgar. I never got so many compliments on a scent. My man finds it sexy and when we are in bed he sleeps with his nose on my neck.

Needless to say that it is my new signature. I feel I am wearing my past (Shalimar was worn by my beloved Grandma) the future with the technology and inventions. And it grounds me in the present moment.

Thank you Guerlain. You are mine and I am yours.
At the orthodontist
It is always interesting to see what different things and associations appear in front of the inner eye or rather the nose when smells are used. The scent of Mon Guerlain was something I smelled several times as a child and liked the smell at that time, but today I don't like the scent anymore. After some minutes of brooding, I remembered what I smelled so penetratingly: the smell of the soft mass from which the impressions for braces or splints are made. Unfortunately, no other scent component was added and I was glad when the scent later disappeared more and more

FlaneuresseFlaneuresse 1 year ago
I think this is a wonderful perfume. It is a perfume that I would like to wear every day, it feels like a comfortable cashmere sweater.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Who would not be curious about lavender flavoured fairy floss?! Damn, it smells good.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
The essence of romantic feminity: flowery, warm, soft, round , involving but discrete at the same time. The perfect daily scent .Masterpiece
OPomoneOPomone 4 years ago
2.5
My puny lavender
My well hidden jasmine
My synthetic vanillin
My nauseating ethyl maltol
My parody of luxury
In two words... Mon Guerlain.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
Supremely similar to Mon Excusif but stronger on the lavender. It is less tenacious than ME and has an airy-er feel. Great bottle and price.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Gourmand,lavender,santal~the Mon Exclusif in a new bottle.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
BERND
by ChopIsland
by Hexana
by Hexana
Ihr Lieben, vielen herzlichen Dank, dass Ihr Euch die Zeit nehmt meine Fotos zu betrachten und so liebe und motivierenden Kommis dazuschreibt - ich hab echt eine Freude und schicke Euch ganz liebe Grüße aus Wien! Eure Violetta
by ChatonNoir
by Shalimari
by Shalimari
*not* from a catalogue.
by AFreimann
Two shy doves hide behind her beauty.
by AFreimann
Mon Guerlain: the dream within a dream.
by StefaniH
by StefaniH
by Aolani
by Aolani
by BlueValkyrie
by BlueValkyrie
+++   Mon plaisir, Ma couleur, Mon innocence   +++
by TomLavender
Die drei französischen Schachteln ;-)
Sépia Mon rêve
by AndyCandy
by Normajean12
by Normajean12
Guerlain Counter, Bijenkorf Amsterdam
Si tendre et si séduisante
by Parfumaddict
by Parfumaddict
Das Monster aus der Tiefe der Katzenhöhle ;-)
by Kankuro
by Sky22
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain