Mon Guerlain 2017 Eau de Parfum

Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Top 57 in Women's Perfume
Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, True lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian jasmine sambac, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesTahitian vanilla, Australian sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 19.06.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Angelina Jolie.

My Heart
There is one comment about this fragrance that is particularly close to my heart:

Before my passion for perfumes began, I only tried fragrances when the bottles captivated me. So Mon Guerlain wouldn't have attracted me then, the bottle is just too inconspicuous (-only now, of course, I realize that it highlights the classic, straightforward and elegant facets of this fragrance). And certainly I didn't think I'd like lavender in a perfume, or even find it sensual.... But it came to pass that I got a sample of it, and then I got to smell this fragrance for the first time.... even then I liked it very much, but as a teenager it was just too expensive for me, I didn't take it seriously yet.

However, also never forget. Long time later, I found the empty plastic box again and tried to come still the last droplet of sweet nectar of Mon Guerlain. A last remnant of fine mist reached my nose and I found it again really very good.

Again, at least a year later, I am a member of Parfumo and my perfume love reaches a new level. I still have Von Guerlain in the back of my mind, type it in and see those top reviews. It was immediately clear to me, I absolutely have to try this one! When the first perfumeries opened again here, I was right there on the first day, for my Guerlain test. And no sooner was he (forbidden) on my wrist, I remembered him again:

This fragrance! You beautiful, sensual fragrance! Spicy but not heavy, sweet but not sticky, sexy, classy, elegant, grown up without being bitchy or distant. No, you are so close and whispering with a smile, "Come to me, I give you my love in the form of a hug!" I've never associated a scent with the feeling of love like that before.

You can imagine, I was still hanging on to the sweater with my nose where Mon Guerlain had manifested itself for days after the test! From that moment, it was clear I was ready. Finally, my Guerlain will be mine. Mon Amour! And I want to be as good a person in my heart as my perfume smells.

Thank you for reading! :)

Marzipan67
Spring lets out its blue ribbon..
... again flutter through the air, sweet, familiar scents, roam forebodingly the land.
This poem was the first thing that came to mind when I sniffed Mon Guerlain for the first time today.
The scent is like a journey on a motorcycle through Provence, scent of sun-warmed lavender fields, to which is added a warm breeze of jasmine and rose. The little journey continues until I come to a small town. The woody scent of old cottages comes towards me. On the village square a small folk festival where it smells promisingly of vanilla. I would like to stay here
I finally love you
We got off to a bad start. When I first tested this fragrance, I couldn't find anything pleasant about it and so I wrote it off quite quickly. However, at some point I received a Mon Guerlain fragrance sample with a package. At first, I was disappointed because I already knew this fragrance and didn't like it. I do not know why, but at some point I decided to spray this fragrance again and what I perceived there, I liked at once.

Today I just love this fragrance and it is one of my most used perfumes.

The scent is feminine, warm and spicy. Even though lavender is a flower, the scent is not really floral. You can smell the lavender, but it is perfectly accompanied by the deeper notes, because basically I smell a spicy deep vanilla.
For me, Mon Guerlain is a feel-good fragrance, but at the same time noble. Already suitable for everyday wear but also for special occasions a good choice.

The Greedy Side of Lavender
Lavender is the smell of summer and portrays many shades, scented with fresh mint, herbaceous, or as sweet as caramelized sugar. In Mon Guerlain, the lavender used has a touch of herbaceous freshness, but above all, it is sugary, showing a wonderful atmosphere of lilac-tinged marzipan.Mon Guerlain is a version of the intensity of caramel and cotton candy akin to La Vie est Belle L’Eau de Parfum. Not to say that these scents are the same; they seem to be in the same family of sweet, candy-like aromas.

Mon Guerlain is cotton candy through a diffuse buzz of pale, clean, and thoroughly purified lavender. I find it comfortable, delightful, and easy to wear in spring and autumn. For me, it is a citrusy, oriental, greedy perfume. I can perceive soft citrus deals with herbaceous, white floral, nutty, and powdery tones on the finish. The Carla lavender is stunning, unmistakable, from the very first spritz.

Fragrance’s mid-toned rosy freshness is immediately apparent with a burst of clean and juicy citrus, giving an aromatic and citrus sensation. There is a distinct note of citrus peel, just like when you are peeling a fruit. It is suitably sparkling and has a soapy, white floral facet I am fond of. The density of the caramel-like in the base is perceptible and makes the vivacity of citrus fruits, white flowers, and lavender shine. Lavender is less prominent; it is a gourmand lavender with a herbaceous sweetness. Not a laundry-style lavender, though; this is a beautiful, delicately spiced, and crunchy lavender, which feels very natural and gives the impression of being candied. Just imagine fresh lavender flowers dipped in a rich, thick licorice syrup.

Therefore, following this explosion of freshness, there are adorable support agreements, a smooth floral heart. I take a mysterious, sensual non-indolic jasmine mixed with a sincere iris powder. I suppose, but I’m not sure, that delicate Tea rose petals are there. The vanilla-sugar dust cloud slowly takes over the upper hand, and while there are other players, including a mixed floral heart and a slightly bitter almond underwood in the woody dry, remain firmly in the background.

The smooth, powdery, and creamy coumarin base is cozy, with just a hint of resinous sweetness to envelop the impression of the candied flowers. Once again, the creaminess could come from a blond wood like sandalwood, and the balsamic tone is typical of benzoin, so sweet, resinous, and a little burnt. Together, these notes create a buttery quality reminiscent of hard caramel candy, or better praliné, with just a bite of chocolate patchouli.

Mon Guerlain may feel forgettable at first. It is a gentle fragrance, fresh, powdery, sweet but not a bombshell candy. This counterpoint between neat, herbaceous, sparkling lavender and warm, sweet, resinous, and vanilla notes highlights the scent. It gives the fragrance balance and interest, making it pleasant and complex. The last effect is sweet, romantic, with a subtle powdery and toasted texture. As mentioned above, it is a spring and autumn fragrance, suitable for both day and night. It is soft and attractive enough to be worn in a type of work environment. As a man, I find this scent attractive, and I keep wanting to smell it on my arm all the time. It is not a heavy scent from a projection viewpoint; it is very well blended and even-tempered. Not a bad thing, as it still lasts a long time, practically a full working day. If you are a fan of gourmand fragrances, but those on the lighter side, you will love this.

I based this review on a sample I have owned since May 2021.

-Elysium
"I'm a Guerl-inöööa!"
After a certain Jean-Baptiste (no, not Monsieur Grenouille from "Le Parfum", but the guy is really called so) has me Shalimar so really, really, really messed up (Tshajbukoshka, that's another topic, concentration!), so now
"Mon Guerlain" (and very likely to be very soon: MOOOOON Guerlain).
Awesome, how beautiful is this one! Waaaaaaay!
If Guerlain were a human, I'd eat him up like the girls in the Axe commercials eat the chocolate man.
If real lavender smelled or tasted like the one in Mon Guerlain, I WOULD EAT IT.... oh, you know.

I don't like real lavender. Whenever I encounter it in the flesh, I can smell it tens of feet away and it's just way too intense, harsh, exhausting, nauseating for me. Too many negative memories cling to it for me to even acknowledge its positive qualities.

But in Mon Guerlain, lavender is present from the start, along with vanilla, the Guerlain vanilla that I'll be 5ever (that's the intensification of 'forever', you know) faliiiiieeept for in Cuir Béluga - and it's beautiful, while being beautifully gentle.
All in all, Mon Guerlain starts off slightly spicy for me or on me, and gets sweeter as it goes on, but also more floral, without being too gourmand and expressing "I'm a walking cookie dough".
Some describe the scent as citrusy and I wonder: where? When? Apparently Madame Bergamotte is on her lunch break, haha, because I smell NOTHING citrusy on me here. Maybe, though, she just doesn't like me.
Yes it does... That's okay, it doesn't hurt a bit.... (Tshajbukoshka, can you please stop singing? Focus!)
Mon Guerlain, to me, is beauty and loveliness wrapped up in a bottle.
The saleswoman praised it as one of the more intense representatives of its kind (level 4 out of 5), I didn't want to test the Intense, because I find the Eau de Parfum here just right: neither too loud nor too quiet.
Right now I'm watching on YouTube a video of a certain Anna, in which she explains dressed in a pink / apricot shirt or rather a blouse tucked into a skirt in almost the same color, which ten parts an elegant lady would never wear.
Tshajbukoshka imagines this Anna wearing Mon Guerlain in the process - and just everything about this picture is coherent.... So now she has to go, clean out her wardrobe a bit to match this.
(She was already quite proud that two of the ten items mentioned, namely denim shorts and rather tattered ripped jeans are not in her closet, but there's definitely still potential there.)
She keeps her 90s pilot slash bomber jacket on, though.
Mon Guerlain has been clinging to it for a few hours now - and will probably accompany it for a few more.

"I'm a Guerl-inöööa!" Yes.
Looking at the top 20 fragrances here, it looks to me like the big question, not just here on Parfumo, is:
Chanel or Guerlain?
Guerlain or Chanel?

Sure, you can have both. However, Chanel just in the field of rather feminine fragrances as a perfume for myself often fluctuates between "Ohaaaaaa, overdose Madame Allüre, does not fit times at all" and "Really, this is a Chanel? That could also be from [designer xy], noooo, I'm not spending that money" - whereas I hardly bat an eyelid at Guerlain when I've just paid more for a bottle than for my wardrobe and desk put together.
So that's probably when you're in love.
For me, therefore, there is only one number one - and her name is Guerlain.
So the thought of making this my royal epithet is not far off.

Your Royal Highness, Tshajbukoshka, also known as Salem Saberhagen of Guerlain!
(Yeah, she'd probably like that. Something apparently contaminated the last few bottlings that made her get cocky, that cheeky little filthy beast Tshajbukoshka)
My Sleeping Beauty scent
Is it actually vetscgwenderisch or impertinent if I tell you that I use the Mon Guerlain only for sleeping? I actually like the scent quite a bit. It doesn't offend anyone, but it's not really exciting either. I've been wearing it less and less lately and never really got many compliments on it. I actually wanted to have given it to my mom until I wore it once at night before going to sleep to "say goodbye". And woooooowwwww, it was beautifully soothing. It had felt like I was surrounded by a pink good-smelling cloud gently accompanying me to sleep, which is probably the Lavender's fault. Now you might think the lavender oil might help too, but that one is way too harsh for me. Mon Guerlain is from now on my sleep scent and puts me directly into a princess sleeping beauty sleep ????
Mayflower96
Romantic love story in a bottle
He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me.....
Mon Guerlain was introduced to me in many Youtube videos as the fragrance of a nubile woman and I had to smile ? The combination of lavender in the top note and the jasmine sambac in the heart note had practically condemned me to a blind purchase. Now that Corona has closed most perfumeries and it's hard for me to get hold of sample bottles, I had taken a chance on my luck. I'm sure I wouldn't have bought it after testing it once because it just seemed too sweet to me- the Tahitian vanilla pops in quite nicely, after all. Well, it pops rather gently, but it pops. After a few sniffs, however, cuddly holiday vibes spread through me and probably it was just the wrong season for the fragrance and my expectations, because I tried it for the first time when there were the first warm days this year and for me it was too heavy and sweet. BUT I can imagine it really good in winter, when it's cold outside, snowing and you need a blanket (scent) to snuggle in. Mon Guerlain works on me, like a romantic love movie in a bottle and that in a positive sense. It is and remains totally beautiful, even if it does not suit every type of woman/man. Nevertheless, always worth a test. The shelf life is about 6 hours on the skin, which is absolutely sufficient. In addition, I am still Migränepatirntin and must say that Mon Guerlain has never brought me to my knees - just totally pleasant
Like a hug
I sometimes don't know myself whether to like or dislike the scent. Sometimes I smell it, feel secure, as if mum would hug me. And sometimes it annoys me, sometimes the lavender annoys me, which is certainly responsible for this security. It's contradictory - but that's just how it is sometimes with a fragrance.

I think Mon guerlain definitely remains in memory. Once you've smelled it, you don't forget it again so quickly. And you recognize him again and again. Maybe it's a mix of both, which is why he is a popular signature. Maybe it's also because it's always wearable (except when it's 30 degrees in the shade) I can't get it out of my head and I love this prelude. I especially love it when the jasmine sambac joins in, it makes it more complex and that much more beautiful. About this fine, heavenly Guerlain vanilla I do not even want to start... otherwise I come from the rave no longer out.

Definitely a fragrance for a confident woman, whether it's at the wedding, in everyday life, at work or on dates - it is an all-round talent with which you never go wrong. A fragrance that makes you feel feminine, strong and elegant. A fragrance for those like me who don't usually do much with lavender. A fragrance that makes me want to be hugged by the wearer. And a fragrance - of course - for Mama's.
From beginning and end
This fragrance I just bought blindly due to the many good reviews at the beginning of my new fragrance search. What do you mean blind- I still vaguely remembered a positive encounter with him a few years ago, when the world was not yet upside down.
I really liked it from the start. Mon Guerlain starts off lavender and fresh. By now I know that I am very attracted to lavender in perfumes. But the most beautiful thing about it is actually the progression- the fresh iris and my personal hero, the jasmine, peek out and stay for quite a long time, while from beginning to end, though, bit by bit, the vanilla pushes its way to the fore. A great vanilla, unsweet (no 9th grade girls' locker room), unpretentious, comfortingly warm. Which it's not entirely clear when it ends at all. It's still noticeable on my skin until the next morning, in my hair and on my clothes even for days. It is the most faithful and beautiful vanilla I have come across so far. In this way, MonGuerlain has in a very short time, quite charmingly and quietly, secured a premium place in my collection and could now even be considered a signature scent, as long as it remains so cold :)
Quiet and warm
Wow, how pleasantly warm this scent is. This must be the lavender:) I really think that this is a fragrance that everyone likes. Really to come down. Haven't smelled a scent like this before. First strong lavender, then warm vanilla. So beautiful and uncomplicated. I really like it. The bottle I also find quite pretty.

TOPTOP 1 month ago
Such a delicate feminine scent with the purity of lavender - pleasant femininity
FlaneuresseFlaneuresse 1 year ago
I think this is a wonderful perfume. It is a perfume that I would like to wear every day, it feels like a comfortable cashmere sweater.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Who would not be curious about lavender flavoured fairy floss?! Damn, it smells good.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
The essence of romantic feminity: flowery, warm, soft, round , involving but discrete at the same time. The perfect daily scent .Masterpiece
OPomoneOPomone 4 years ago
2.5
My puny lavender
My well hidden jasmine
My synthetic vanillin
My nauseating ethyl maltol
My parody of luxury
In two words... Mon Guerlain.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
Supremely similar to Mon Excusif but stronger on the lavender. It is less tenacious than ME and has an airy-er feel. Great bottle and price.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
BERND
by ChopIsland
by Hexana
by Hexana
Ihr Lieben, vielen herzlichen Dank, dass Ihr Euch die Zeit nehmt meine Fotos zu betrachten und so liebe und motivierenden Kommis dazuschreibt - ich hab echt eine Freude und schicke Euch ganz liebe Grüße aus Wien! Eure Violetta
by Lola1997
by Zelena
by Shalimari
by Shalimari
by Schalkerin
Two shy doves hide behind her beauty.
by AFreimann
Mon Guerlain: the dream within a dream.
by StefaniH
+++   Mon plaisir, Ma couleur, Mon innocence   +++
by Aolani
by Aolani
by Pralinchen
Die drei französischen Schachteln ;-)
Sépia Mon rêve
by Liyah
by Liyah
by AndyCandy
by AndyCandy
Si tendre et si séduisante
by Normajean12
by Normajean12
Guerlain Counter, Bijenkorf Amsterdam
by Parfumaddict
by Parfumaddict
Das Monster aus der Tiefe der Katzenhöhle ;-)
by Kankuro
by Sky22
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain