Mon Guerlain (2017)Eau de Parfum

Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain

Top 69 in Women's Perfume
Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, True lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian jasmine sambac, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesTahitian vanilla, Australian sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 27.05.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Angelina Jolie.

Playful and sexy
An absolutely romantic and dreamy fragrance!
You can do almost nothing wrong with it, it also suits every occasion. For me he is a bit playful but also sexy! You should like vanilla, it comes through relatively strong.
At the same time I don't find it 0815, probably it is the lavender that gives this fragrance that "certain something". I don't smell it (thank god, I don't really like lavender and it's more of a masculine scent) but I think it's a good balance to the otherwise relatively sweet scent and makes it stand out from other perfumes you get from the designers.
Durability and sillage are about average. Online you can sometimes get a great price, so the price/performance is top!
Santalwalti
You're my Guerlain, you really are.
I think your name suits me, because you have become 'Mon Guerlain', maybe even 'Mon Guerlain préféré'... you have made it from miniature to bottle and I am crazy about you these days!
Perfumes from Guerlain I have some in my collection and I love them all very much. Whether the eau de parfum called Shalimar or Mitsouko, then especially Nahéma, Jicky, Champs-Élysées as eau de toilette and of course Chamade.
I also got to know and love Iris Ganache, Vega and Parure. The list of beautiful Guerlain fragrances could be extended even further, for example with the delicious series of Aqua Allegoria fragrances, of which I particularly like Passiflora, Pera Granita, Pamplelune and Flora Rosa. And first the Nahéma or Mitsouko extracts... mhmmmm.... I can only rave about it.

But I don't want to draw your attention here and now to the many charming, impressive and well-mannered sisters and brothers of 'Mon Guerlain'.

No, it's all about her today, my beautiful Guerlain You? Yes, clearly Mon Guerlain is a she Her qualities are all too feminine and I hope it is allowed to feel, think and formulate in such drawers as feminine and masculine.

This time I won't write a novel, I won't write poetry or fantasy.
I will try to describe only what I smell when I spray my Guerlain. And by the way, I always spray them lavishly, like this:
3 or 4 sprayers on the neck and collarbone area, at least 1 sprayer in the neck and 2 or 3 on the wrist and arm bend. If you're going to do it, do it
First of all: further up it is said that the scent is sweet-floral - this is certainly not wrong, but for my feeling it is not really true.

So I smell...
...smell a wide-open window
...smell the soft whispering wind
...smell warmth, a comforting, enveloping warmth
...smell dark berry, woodsy, soft-spicy
...smell a bunch of dried lavender
...smell piles of wood in the sunshine
...smell flowers - mild, velvety, soothing flowers
...smell an intense, almost balsamic vanilla
...smell the odeur of sweet orchids
...smell gourmand stuff, high quality gourmand stuff
...smell far away the freshness of a Calabrian bergamot
...that's probably why I smell a steaming cup of good Earl Grey tea ...smell an elixir of joy, of the joy of life
...smell the need to dance
...smell the joy of love
...smell desire for tenderness, dreaming
...smell stability, security, that just keeps what it promises
...smell nobility and understated elegance

You're mon Guerlain. You're always and always welcome!
That's for sure. What is also special is that your vanilla melts completely with the woody and spicy lavender, creating a new, unique aroma and a uniquely beautiful, melodious dream duet
Although you come from an international home - your vanilla comes from Tahiti, your sandalwood from Australian forests, your jasmine flowers from faraway India, your bergamot oil was certainly extracted in Calabria and your lavender is sure to have been harvested from the fields of Provence - you are very familiar to me and have quickly become at home with me
I like you a lot Also because you're so sexy
And I don't say that about many scents But I'll say it for you Yes, all that is you, my beautiful Guerlainine
And you are beautifully dressed: your flacon is a feast for the eyes You are beautiful to fall in love with
lavender and I
after reading all the comments, I had to try mon guerlain. Now I know that neither lavender nor vanilla is mine.
i sprayed it on and after 10 minutes i didn't even smell it anymore, but on my sweater still the next morning, obviously it doesn't suit my skin, but i think so many people can't be wrong, so it must be me... for whatever reason, it's not for me ;-) strange
Angelina Jolie Elegance
Angelina Jolie... yes, it was exactly YOU who was chosen as the face for the commercial and all the oh so beautiful advertising posters! In my opinion, couldn't have been better.
For me, she radiates elegance, femininity and seduction - exactly the things that immediately come to my mind when I smell this great fragrance! I just love him! He is not too sweet - by that I mean this sticky sweet, which always reminds me of very cheap fragrances or girly shower gel he's not like that at all! It is elegantly sweet with a floral freshness that is not too fresh either! An unbelievable interplay.
He has that certain something that a sexy power woman wears ;)

The durability is with my skin about 6-7 hours :)

So it is definitely worth a test!

Chanellove
In love with this fragrance from the first second!
At Christmas, I was lucky to get this perfume...
This fragrance is just perfect I'm so fascinated by it.
The shelf life is great and the bottle is just beautiful.
I just can't get out of raving about this scent, it's just my absolute favourite scent since the first second, as mentioned above!!
Vanilla and lavender can be smelled out well and the scent is also (appropriately dosed) not too strong or too weak.
I would really recommend the perfume to everyone!:-)

Comfortable and warm
As I secretly expected, I think this is a wonderful perfume. It is a perfume that I would like to wear every day, it feels like a comfortable cashmere sweater. The scent opens with the vanilla, which is surprisingly fresh and not sweet, after which I smell the jasmine quite subtly. After a few minutes the lavender develops, which is not too sharp due to the combination with vanilla and jasmine, it's beautiful combination. You can only smell the sandalwood a bit later, when the top notes slowly weaken and a sensual base remains, that still has the freshness of the lavender.

Mon Guerlain is certainly feminine, sensual and comfortable, but certainly not sweet and not predominant either. This makes it a perfume that is both pleasant to wear yourself and to smell on someone, I have already received many compliments on Mon Guerlain. If you love the classic perfumes of Guerlain, then you will certainly love Mon Guerlain; I predict that this scent will become one of the future classics. At least Mon Guerlain is one of my favorites at the moment!
Vanilla dream!
Today the great new Guerlain moved in with me and I must say, I am in Love.
At first I was surprised, because no thick cloud of scent came towards me (I love heavy and pompous scents) and got a little scared, because I thought that the scent disappears very fast, but that is not true of course.
The opening starts surprisingly fresh, after 5 minutes the lavender spreads out and sends me into the scented sky. 10 minutes later the vanilla joins in and makes me stagger with happiness.
Jasmine and lavender alternate and harmonize bombastically.
The patch I hate plays, thank God, only an extra role and does not impose itself.
I'm so happy to call this perfect Mon mine.
Clearly the perfume of the year for me!
Nude Glam
Admittedly, Anglicisms are taking up more and more space in our lives these days. Sometimes this annoys me, but often there is (still!?) no fitting German equivalent for certain things.
That's why I chose this title, I didn't really think of anything in German. I guess it's a sign of the times.
This whole nude theme has been a theme in make-up for quite some time now. To be made up without being made up. Be pretty as an understatement. No exaggerated eyeliner, no bright red lips.

And I can't help but think of the expression Nude Glam in Mon Guerlain.

Mon Guerlain is very present, he surrounds you with a fantastically beautiful aura of natural lavender and finest vanilla. I was initially skeptical as to whether I would like the combination.

I like lavender very much, but it must not smell synthetic, pungent or sticky. And he doesn't do that with the Mon Guerlain - he smells very natural and noble here. For me, it's the first portable perfume with lavender.

All in all, Mon Guerlain gives you a very high-quality, extraordinary fragrance that can be worn for any occasion. I like him a lot!
I think the shelf life is very good, the Sillage can be room-filling if the dosage is too high. One should not use this treasure inflationarily in order not to lose sight of its value.

If I had to associate Mon Guerlain with a public figure, it would be Kate Middleton, Prince William's wife. For me she embodies elegance, a very well-groomed appearance, neatly dressed, not covered with make-up, very confident and serious appearance. And on top: a wife and mom.
She embodies "Nude Glam" to me. You perceive her, you think she's pretty, she's achieved a lot. She's not a style icon for many women out there for nothing.

I find it interesting that Guerlain has chosen Angelina Jolie as his advertising face. Is that supposed to be a conscious contrast to the scent?
Of course Jolie stands for glam, but rather for the scandalous Hollywood glam ;-) For me, Jolie embodies the femme fatale par excellence. But I'm sure everyone else was different...

Be that as it may, Mon Guerlain was not able to convince me at the first test in the German class.
Too arbitrary, too little conspicuous... probably I just didn't give him the attention he deserved.
But then (...you know that... tested again...) the small flacon moved in nevertheless with me. And now I love him!
This is a real all-rounder, which fits for the office, for a stroll in the city but also for a cuddly evening for two. I see it more on ladies Ü30 and I think you can smell it all year round. A real signature candidate!

He is not an eye-blinking seducer, but rather implies familiarity, calmness and self-confidence. He embodies that you know who you are and that you don't have to bewitch anybody anymore, because you have arrived exactly where you belong.

PS: I'm neither a fan of the Royals nor do I have an aversion against Angelina Jolie. ;-)
DerDefcon
Let time pass to seduce.
You should be seductive, flattering the wearer's nose, a fragrance you buy for yourself, which you also enjoy enjoying for yourself in your own four walls. I was curious yesterday, when I sprayed you on, curious and wanting to know what I put my dear mummy there for my birthday as filling in the small but fine decorative wooden box.

You begin incredibly loud, so that I began to doubt the sensuality so often associated with you early on. The vanilla, so heavy, sweet and oppressively coming along, climbed into my nose with a brief, then quickly disappearing praise of bergamot.
Well, there it was - the one-dimensionality, the boredom of which was by no means the main problem. Rather, it was the heavy, pompous-pressing aroma that sprayed the vanilla. I wondered what could be so fascinating about such monotony that an average rating of 8.1 was achieved. I still decide to be patient and wait for something like a scent to run. And in fact what I was waiting for happened - a transformation.

The vanilla was joined after some time by a clean, powdery iris. The scent I so appreciated was not able to knock the place-holding vanilla from the throne, but I didn't expect that either. Instead, it receives a discreet powdery touch.
The now powdery, vanilla sweetness is complemented by jasmine, which adds a sweetness of a slightly floral nature to all of this. Nevertheless: Vanilla still plays the leading role and the floral remains rather in the background, but can still be smelt.

Then later, although noted in the top note, lavender is added first. This is a fragrance with which, if overdosed, I can ... coughs masculin pluriel ... cough... I got my problems. Here, however, the dosage is right and the lightly floral, powdery vanilla is given an equally discreetly spicy, fresh addition.

Now somehow the sandalwood is still missing, isn't it?

Let us put it this way: it is mixed into the composition, but it takes a long time - really a long time - to make itself felt. His performance is the final one that takes a few hours.
I'll explain it better:

Spray the scent just before falling asleep, wake up many hours later, the next morning, and let yourself be greeted by a vanilla that comes along wonderfully creamy through that sandalwood.

I'll summarize:

Guerlain was really lucky with this fragrance for me, because there are certainly not a few - perfumes are not meant here - who do not have such a patience of an angel, the absence of which then ensures a speedy stamping. I gave the whole thing the necessary time, was able to get to know the facets of the fragrance and classify it accordingly. So the wearer should look at cold evenings as the appropriate times to wear, apply the scent a few hours before leaving the house and then go out with his somewhat later ability to seduce people. Or she decides not to leave the house, to make herself a nice evening and to wear this scent only for herself, to enjoy it and to explore it.
Contenance for Madame
When I recall which women have shaped me the most in recent decades .... which I have admired the most, which I have seen as role models? They were the ones who lived the high art of serenity - a gift that is not put into the cradle of everyone. And it is precisely those who have painstakingly brought this quality into their lives through the tunnels of experience who appreciate it most.

For me, Mon Guerlain is the fragrance that has become the expression of an attitude of inner peace - just this inner balance that radiates outwards, without the touch of superficiality or even indifference.

Already in the beginning I inhale something incredibly peaceful - meanwhile my secret recipe, before I start into a turbulent working day. It is reminiscent of a delicate meringue, minimal citric, already vanilla, similar to the top note of "Eau de Shalimar". My olfactory primeval fear of lavender is unfounded here, even in the top note it is barely perceptible to me.

The iris registers cautiously, but remains a cautious purple veil. A spoonful of whipped cream (for my dear German neighbours: cream), full and delicious for sinking in, prepares the stock for the following guerlinade. I'm so glad she's here. I've missed her for so long

When I think to myself, please stay, she unfortunately steps into the background and makes room for the most beautiful, quiet, unobtrusive vanilla that I have smelled for a long time. Wood is also there, but it remains in the background like a soft barrique tone in a good glass of wine.

Mon Guerlain should give it on prescription. For women who just remember who they really are, who they can straighten up, who can arrive in a new phase of life and who can really relax there.

FlaneuresseFlaneuresse 149 days ago
TruckladyTrucklady 12 months ago
Who would not be curious about lavender flavoured fairy floss?! Damn, it smells good.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 14 months ago
The essence of romantic feminity: flowery, warm, soft, round , involving but discrete at the same time. The perfect daily scent .Masterpiece
OPomoneOPomone 3 years ago
2.5
My puny lavender
My well hidden jasmine
My synthetic vanillin
My nauseating ethyl maltol
My parody of luxury
In two words... Mon Guerlain.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 3 years ago
Supremely similar to Mon Excusif but stronger on the lavender. It is less tenacious than ME and has an airy-er feel. Great bottle and price.
LexaLexa 3 years ago
Gourmand,lavender,santal~the Mon Exclusif in a new bottle.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
du himmelsstürmender wahr gewordener Traum von lavendelvanilligem Klang
BERND
by ChopIsland
by Hexana
by Hexana
Mon Guerlain... ich schnuppere Frühlingsluft, einen blauen wolkenlosen Himmel, milde, samtweiche, besänftigende Blüten... hier stammen sie von der Märzkirsche im Garten
by Santalwalti
Ihr Lieben, vielen herzlichen Dank, dass Ihr Euch die Zeit nehmt meine Fotos zu betrachten und so liebe und motivierenden Kommis dazuschreibt - ich hab echt eine Freude und schicke Euch ganz liebe Grüße aus Wien! Eure Violetta
by LaVioletta
Du bist mein Guerlain .... wohlige, umhüllende Wärme, Waldbeeriges, Sanftwürziges, träumenden Lavendel, besonnene Holzstapel nahe der Lichtung und milde, samtweiche, besänftigende Blüten mit Vanillebalsam...
by ChatonNoir
by Shalimari
by Shalimari
*not* from a catalogue.
by AFreimann
Two shy doves hide behind her beauty.
by BlueValkyrie
by BlueValkyrie
Mon Guerlain: the dream within a dream.
by StefaniH
by StefaniH
+++   Mon plaisir, Ma couleur, Mon innocence   +++
by Aolani
by Aolani
Die drei französischen Schachteln ;-)
Sépia Mon rêve
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo
by Normajean12
by Normajean12
Guerlain Counter, Bijenkorf Amsterdam
Das Monster aus der Tiefe der Katzenhöhle ;-)
by Amberfreak
Si tendre et si séduisante
by Parfumaddict
by LucyLou
by Sky22
by Sky22

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route de Madagascar by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain