Mon Guerlain 2019Eau de Parfum Intense

Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain
Top 83 in Women's Perfume
Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a new perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Fatale Intense

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanilla
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Patchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Angelina Jolie.

To be a princess once
When I was a little girl, I wanted to become a Disney princess. To wear elegant dresses, to be beautiful, to marry a handsome prince, to help other people, to live in an impressive castle, to be supported by all kinds of animals in the forest, if you ever need help... - i was able to get used to the idea. Anyway, there weren't enough brunette princesses back then. They could have found a place for me there :p

What does all this have to do with that smell? When I smelled "Mon Guerlain Intense" for the first time, the lovely scent immediately catapulted me into the wonderful fairy tale world of which I always wanted to be a part. This is what a true Disney princess smells like. This fragrance wraps me in a velvety cloud of sweet lavender and butter-soft vanilla. The whole thing is accompanied by a touch of tangerine. This subtle fruitiness and freshness gives the fragrance a little more dimension. The scent is extremely subtle on my skin, but I like that. The only thing I notice is that the subtle freshness of the tangerine becomes more and more apparent towards the base and the fragrance becomes softer and creamier. Even though I associate it with fairy tales and princesses, I would by no means describe it as childlike. Rather as wonderfully soft, lovely and elegant. In my opinion it is suitable for young women as well as for more mature ladies. The sillage is rather strong, so you can really wrap yourself in a cloud. I also think that "Mon Guerlain Intense", despite its velvety texture, is not at all exhausting or heavy. I can imagine it at any time of the year, except maybe at temperatures above 25 degrees.

The durability is impeccable. On the skin, 8/9 hours without any problems, before only a delicate touch remains. On clothing even a few hours longer and a delicate touch can be felt for days (on a scarf for example). All in all I find the fragrance beautiful
Nightwatchman
Yesterday I tried three fragrances at D - Nova Mugler, My Way Armani and Mon Guerlain intense.

With this trio of fragrances I moved through the city. And every now and then I sniffed the back of my hand to get an idea of the scents
Yes, Nova could land on me and My Way has its charms too.
I had forgotten Intense in the crook of my arm.

But as I lay in bed, seeking sleep, a wonderful, comforting scent enveloped me in the silence of the night.
The backs of my hands were no longer coming out - but I heard butter-soft vanilla - topped with a blob of honey.
Mild lavender floated around me - with aquatic mandarin.
Bright patch mixed in and Sandel snuggled up in confidence.

This pleasant aroma emanated from the crook of my arm - and whispered to me: I am here.
This faithful beautiful companion was Intense.

I was impressed and touched at the same time - because I am a devoted person myself.

Everything else had vanished - but Intense accompanied me safely through the night.

Perhaps it had even supported the other two fragrances with noble restraint - or even embellished them?
At the same time it is a full but quiet fragrance - but with an excellent stability.

I scolded myself a faithless tomato because I had paid so little attention to him at first.
But he - in his generous way - had not resented it.
He stayed with me quite naturally.
And at night, people do not like to be alone.

Clearly - he must be in my collection.

Music to this : Tougher than the rest - by Springsteen.
Angelina90
Vanilla...or rather vanilla ELEGANCE?!
First of all I have to say that I really liked the normal non-intensive version Mon Guerlain! I also don't think that it has a mainstream effect - rather a little bit against the exaggerated sweet mainstream... so I immediately had to test the Intense version of this wonderful fragrance! :)

And this is what came out: I LOVE HIM!! It is completely different from the first Mon Guerlain version. Sweeter, more elegant, heavier with a lot of vanilla, but which does not penetrate you as much!
I would also describe it as "wilder" than the normal MG. I smell lavender only very slightly out, but this must not be missing to make this fragrance so versatile. Unfortunately Patchouli can't find my nose...

As with the first version, I think no one could have been better chosen as the advertising face than Angelina Jolie! She radiates something wild and elegant that is not so easily tamed...just like the fragrance.

All in all: Simply very well done! Love it!
RedVanilla
Lavender field with tangerine trees!
So that was the short version for now. Describes the scent quite well, though. In the first hour of the fragrance the mandarin goes ahead and already cuddles a little with the vanilla. Lavender is still a little shy and prepares calmly for your appearance. The intense mandarin goes behind the process after about 1 hour and hides a little. But it's still easily noticeable. Great appearance of vanilla and lavender, whereby patchouli together with sandalwood are only supporting here. This perception of smell remains for me for about 5 - 6 hours before he slowly says goodbye and disappears.

All in all very wearable for everyday life and in any case my favourite for spring and summer, because especially the tangerine is perceptible for a relatively long time and does not evaporate so quickly. Other citrus scents have their weaknesses
Conclusion: A pleasant and gentle tangerine, accompanied by lavender and vanilla, giving an overall elegant and very smooth fragrance. No fragrance component is oversized here and drags the surroundings into the lavender field. It is therefore also an excellent choice for the working environment.
Insa
This is what a perfume must smell like
The original scent left me unimpressed, because Mon Guerlain always seemed too mainstream, too boring and replaceable. In addition, there was also the durability, which left much to be desired!

When the Intense version was released, I was happy, became curious again and have not been disappointed.
Mon Guerlain Intense looks much more noble and mature than the original.
The scent is sweet and warm, but quite mature and it smells expensive!
A bit like an evening at the theatre, where only upscale guests appear.
There is sparkling wine and the scent of the sweet and obtrusive perfume of the actors mixes with that of the somewhat older ladies, who all wear Chanel or similar.

The shelf life is excellent.
Was positively surprised :)

Chanelle
MG Flanker No. 127b: The Best - so far....
Even as I was holding the flacon (in rich copper tone!) in my hand, my skepticism melted like butter in the sun. Mon Guerlain and his offshoots hadn't convinced me yet, even though Rose of Bloom was the farthest away from the original MG and had at least caused a certain lipping of my left eyebrow. The previous statements on the new MG Intense were quite positive, although they did not quite agree on the content. But now my impression:
Wow.
Not made worse, not changed beyond recognition, but: perfected.
The Carla first has a really big appearance (that's supposed to be the name of the type of lavender used here), then pulls in the belly so the mandarins can roll in. Then comes the cosy part of the performance: Liquorice wood and vanilla add a great duet, accompanied by a tonky cherry note, as I know it ideally from some L'homme and always liked it!
Sweet is the scent, yes! But not as attention-seeking as some others, not so butter caramel, rather smoky. Approach to the super beautiful forerunner Mon Exclusif?
The sandalwood only gradually becomes clearer, and makes it even more sympathetic to me.
Performances are not bad either.
The 1st Mon Guerlain, who has chances to reach women who can no longer bear the LVEB.
In a nutshell..
...with this new Flanker the theme 'Intense' was perfectly implemented!

Piarara's commentary basically sums it up perfectly. You get exactly what you can expect: An intensified version of the Ur-Mon Guerlain.

Shortly after spraying, there is first the full booming lavender. Densely followed by thick, dark vanilla - which remains extremely present throughout the entire fragrance process and in my opinion is responsible for the intensity.

A slight woodiness can also be guessed after some time. Meanwhile the lavender is always ready to recall itself again and again.

H+S are really good and absolutely justify the switch to this Flanker for me. Even though the fragrance has a certain sweetness by nature, I don't feel it as "sticky-sweet" and killing! This is probably due to the already mentioned dark vanilla.

(Patchouli I can actually not perceive at all!)

The new appearance of the flacon, with the stronger colouring, is by the way super pretty in nature, looks good and fits perfectly to the theme: colour Intense = fragrance Intense! :)

SchmlinGoodSchmlinGood 7 months ago
Does anyone else find this to be unisex? I just bought a bottle for my wife and it's so nice that I feel like trying to pull it off myself!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 13 months ago
A true refined delight to enjoy in the mid-cold season. Extremely feminine but with discretion. A new great classic is born!

by Sweetsmell75
by Parfumaddict
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Cologne) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain