Mon Guerlain (2019) Eau de Parfum Intense

Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain

Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a new perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanilla
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Patchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 22.09.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Angelina Jolie.

10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

JetonToni
A perfection of a (anyway) very successful fragrance
Before I start with my fragrance report about this wonderful Mon Guerlain Flanker, here is a link to a song I associate this fragrance with.

After more than two years, Mon Guerlain finally gets a refined, noble cuddly version. It should be noted that the normal Mon Guerlain was already intense. Mon Guerlain Intense is not necessarily "stronger" than the normal version, But, nobler, more mature, more lush.

Today I indulged in the fragrance in 100 ml (just in time for the cold, unpleasant autumn). If I was already enthusiastic about the normal Mon Guerlain, the Intense by far tops the 2017 version.
For you I spray the fragrance again (thanks to my 60 subscribers, must be mentioned :) so that you can imagine the fragrance better.

In any case, I must say how great I find this deep pink fragrance color. Super great, at the same time also somehow like colour therapy at the current cooler temperatures (we currently have only 13°) a real relief for the eyes. And now comes a blessing for the nose and senses :-) Zisch!

First I am greeted by wonderful lavender, with a hint of citrus. Immediately one is relaxed, Mon Guerlain Intense sends the thoughts on the journey. It's a bit of Christmas, peace of recovery. Something carefree and yet powerful.

The citrus note disappears and the lavender is the only thing you can smell afterwards for a "longer" time. If the problem with the 2017 Mon Guerlain was that the lavender note was fast on and off, it is better integrated here and lasts a little longer.

The lavender is sweeter with the Intense, sweeter almost already more powdery (than with the 2017er) it comes with the daher. One gets associations of tradition, cosiness, relaxation and true recreation. And the lavender stays and stays and I enjoy and close my eyes.

Over time, the vanilla note comes to bear and woody notes also nestle against the fragrance. I also mean smelling almonds. I don't clearly smell floral notes, but they are "subtle" there.
This would then also be the course of the fragrance, which would then remain that way. Mon Guerlain Intense, doesn't change from here. The Sillage and durability remains constant, which I also expect with the price.

For the first few hours, the fragrance is also present when carefully dosed. I consider Mon Guerlain Intense an extrait. Because also Extrait´s are wonderfully deeper, more balanced than the other fragrance concentrations. Extrait´s does not even have to be more intensive than the other fragrance concentrations, they are mostly more subtle and closer to the body. Mon Guerlain Intense, is not closer to the body, but still goes in an extra direction.

Up to 15 hours, this precious, balsamic protective aura, this fragrance, which deserves the predicate: "Relax" and close the "eyes", waved around me !

The only downer is the price. I paid almost 160€ for the 100 ml. Whereby I absolutely wanted to have the scent, because this version also fascinated me so. So, buy Mon Guerlain Intense, spray on the scent and forget everything!
10.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Chanelle
MG Flanker No. 127b: The Best - so far....
Even as I was holding the flacon (in rich copper tone!) in my hand, my skepticism melted like butter in the sun. Mon Guerlain and his offshoots hadn't convinced me yet, even though Rose of Bloom was the farthest away from the original MG and had at least caused a certain lipping of my left eyebrow. The previous statements on the new MG Intense were quite positive, although they did not quite agree on the content. But now my impression:
Wow.
Not made worse, not changed beyond recognition, but: perfected.
The Carla first has a really big appearance (that's supposed to be the name of the type of lavender used here), then pulls in the belly so the mandarins can roll in. Then comes the cosy part of the performance: Liquorice wood and vanilla add a great duet, accompanied by a tonky cherry note, as I know it ideally from some L'homme and always liked it!
Sweet is the scent, yes! But not as attention-seeking as some others, not so butter caramel, rather smoky. Approach to the super beautiful forerunner Mon Exclusif?
The sandalwood only gradually becomes clearer, and makes it even more sympathetic to me.
Performances are not bad either.
The 1st Mon Guerlain, who has chances to reach women who can no longer bear the LVEB.
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

In a nutshell..
...with this new Flanker the theme 'Intense' was perfectly implemented!

Piarara's commentary basically sums it up perfectly. You get exactly what you can expect: An intensified version of the Ur-Mon Guerlain.

Shortly after spraying, there is first the full booming lavender. Densely followed by thick, dark vanilla - which remains extremely present throughout the entire fragrance process and in my opinion is responsible for the intensity.

A slight woodiness can also be guessed after some time. Meanwhile the lavender is always ready to recall itself again and again.

H+S are really good and absolutely justify the switch to this Flanker for me. Even though the fragrance has a certain sweetness by nature, I don't feel it as "sticky-sweet" and killing! This is probably due to the already mentioned dark vanilla.

(Patchouli I can actually not perceive at all!)

The new appearance of the flacon, with the stronger colouring, is by the way super pretty in nature, looks good and fits perfectly to the theme: colour Intense = fragrance Intense! :)
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

Piarara
More intense colour, more intense sweetness
I don't want to beat about the bush for long and I want to be honest with you. I hardly notice any difference to the normal "Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum)". With the other Flankern I can recognize differences however here my untrained nose is overtaxed.

Today I surprisingly had the opportunity to get hold of the new Intense in the perfumery in my city and was really very excited. But I guess I had too high an expectation. I could have already guessed it, considering the almost identical pyramids. I still want to tell you my impressions.

I have to disappoint all those who expected more lavender. The lavender is not more intense. Rather I have the impression that he comes along in the head somewhat more attenuated.
The top note starts sweeter and more fruity than the normal EdP. I even guessed berries, but I guess that's the tangerine. I hardly smell bergamot, lavender is still present, but the sweetness takes away its freshness.
And it goes on sweetly! The vanilla comes here much earlier into play than with the other Flankern. A plus point for all vanilla lovers. But that is the only serious difference.
I perceive jasmine very strongly, as with the normal, Iris comes a little later. The iris is very nice powdery and not scratchy.
Lavender remains discreetly present throughout the fragrance.
I can barely tell the difference at the base. But the normal EdP makes a "fresher" impression, while the Intense for my feeling is a bit deeper and also a little bit spicier. But I can also imagine that. A beautiful base with sandalwood and resin. Maybe just a little patchouli. Liquorice is supposed to be in both versions, but I can't smell it.

In the actual intensity I also notice a small difference. With only one sprayer the Sillage is stronger after 7 hours with the Intense than with the normal one. It'd be stupid if I didn't. But durability is super with both.

Since I am a big fan of Mon Guerlain in autumn/winter and my other bottle is almost empty I bought this one. If you already own Min Guerlain you can do without the new one.

Conclusion: (Still!) Sweeter, fruity, vanilla, but by and large identical. A beautiful fragrance without doubt, but as a "new version" superfluous.

Probably the biggest difference is that the liquid has a more intense colour. However, perhaps trained noses can recognize several differences. I'm sure that's impossible for the layman

by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain