Mon Guerlain (Eau de Toilette Bloom of Rose) (2019)

Mon Guerlain (Eau de Toilette Bloom of Rose) by Guerlain

Mon Guerlain (Eau de Toilette Bloom of Rose) is a new perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Mandarin, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac, True lavender, Bulgarian rose, Neroli
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Sandalwood, White musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 17.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Angelina Jolie.

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Better the original
Of course I like all Mon Guerlains with pleasure, but the original is and remains my number one.

So the rose is unquestionably also beautiful - but it doesn't look as round as the original mother.

I had hoped for more from the rose ingredient - but I only perceive it as a breath.
If anything, I like the lavender.

But that's no reason for me to renounce the first edition, because it was a complete success for me.

As a gift I would like Rose - but a purchase would not have to be for me.
Because the original Mon Guerlain seems more balanced to me.

The rose to it, I would receive as " double moped " although it varies in its statement already somewhat.

But - see above - the Ur Mon Guerlain is for me a precision landing for the nose and for the mind.
8.0 6.0 7.0 6.0/10

DonJuanDeCat
New Guerlain fragrance and the seller of death!
Hello, detectives! Why detectives? Of course, they're snoopers, just like all of you!!! Mu ha ha ha!! Okay, stupid joke, what the... hrmmm...

Today is about the new Flanker of Mon Guerlain, namely Bloom of Rose. So, I thought to myself, since I had not introduced the EDT of Mon Guerlain at all, it was time to make up for the missing fragrances of this fragrance series. And since I have a sample of Bloom of Rose standing here in front of me, I'm going to start. I mean, you've probably wondered why I haven't introduced these fragrances yet, since I'm the world's best commentator ever!!! (hey he, arrogant's really not more, huh? :DD).

Well, the truth is that in the Guerlain department there is a really pretty saleswoman who works, but who somehow always looks at me so disparagingly, despisingly and angrily that I get the feeling as if she were saying to me: "Die 20000 times! At least", or something like that... yes, then you are a little afraid to even go near the Guerlain stand. And as long as she's there with the icy look, I won't go near the Guerlain fragrances, even if they should give away flacons!!!

But well, I had a sample of the scent here, so let's see how Bloom of Rose or the new Mon Guerlain smells!

The fragrance:
The fragrance here somehow seems to start completely different than the original Mon Guerlain, which was much sweeter and heavier. This one starts fresh-fruity and flowery with apple, mandarin, some jasmine, roses and lightly powdered currants. Not bad in itself, but there is something else that I am not used to from Guerlain: The fragrance somehow has a slightly synthetic aftertaste, which is not as bad as in many other fragrances, but in my opinion it at least reduces the fragrance a little, because it makes it look a bit cheaper and above all more irrelevant. Sure, Guerlain also has some synthetic fragrances, but here this is quite noticeable.
A short time later apple and mandarin fade away a bit, the jasmine becomes stronger, so that the scent clearly gains in sweetness, but without becoming heavier at the same time. So it stays fresh. In the background you can perceive the indicated lavender, which gives the scent a very light, tart touch. The roses are still a little weak,... I mean, you can smell them much better than the lavender, but for the fact that the fragrance bears the name of the rose, the roses smell rather weak.
A little later, the sweetness of the fragrance comes from musk instead of jasmine, while the roses remain equally strong, but the fragrance in the background seems to have general floral notes, as it simply begins to radiate floral.
At the very end, the fragrance becomes much more floral. And I have to say that I don't like the flowery notes very much, because they seem a bit heavier and sultry to me, because they are exactly the kind of flowery notes that somehow don't show any freshness anymore and wouldn't be pleasantly sweet or anything. Well, the late base isn't exactly my thing. Unfortunately this phase lasts the longest...

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage has turned out to be above average. This means that you can smell the scent well on a woman when she is walking past you, for example. The shelf life is good, the fragrance lasts more than ten hours on the skin.

The bottle:
The bottle is almost the same as before. It's octagonal and has a thick bottom with Guerlain written on it. Here, too, there is no label with the name of the fragrance, so that the bottle appears particularly clear. The neck wears a shiny pink ribbon, which looks nice. The lid is hemispherical and faceted and looks like a beautiful gemstone. A beautiful bottle!

So, that was the newest flanker of this fragrance series. I don't think he's anything really special right now. I don't know the EDT of Mon Guerlain yet, but so far I have to say that I least liked this fragrance from this row. Its initial freshness brings variety, which I think is good, but somehow the light, synthetic aftertaste disturbs me, which makes the fragrance somehow not look like a Guerlain fragrance in the usual quality, but more like a trivial, boring, but still nicely made, typical mainstream fragrance of the interchangeable variety. But what bothered me the most was the later basis, because it came over much too stuffy and sultry for me, which I don't like at all, but that's probably just a matter of taste.

You can use it now in summer (or spring), because it is much looser and fresher than the other fragrances in this series. One could use it as an all-rounder, both for the day and for the evening, whereby I would not use it for going out, since as I said the later base does not really smell good. In my opinion a test is not necessary, unless you are a Hardcore-Guerlain-Fan, who has to try EVERY Guerlain-Fragrance :)

Since I say try... *sigh* At the Guerlain booth there are really a lot of Guerlain fragrances, even the exclusive ones like L'Art et la Matière fragrances and other beautiful perfumes, but that's where the saleswoman of Death mentioned in the introduction works,... where I dare less and less, because she really, REALLY despises me, waah! Why???? I'm a little shy with the girls anyway, but with her I would really, REALLY run away :DD With which I couldn't test any Guerlain scents anymore... *sigh*

But well, I come to the end and wish you all a nice evening :)
9.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Not quite as bad....
Hm - how shall I say: I don't really find the fragrance sooo bad as in the statements below.
But how Guerlain comes up with the idea of bringing it out as MG Flanker is completely mysterious to me. He has absolutely nothing to do with MG.
Although I can actually smell components quite well, I cannot identify anything from the above fragrance pyramid here. All in all, the components are well woven. The fragrance starts fresh with white blossoms, slightly green with a light aquatic airy note that begins quite quickly. For me, the aquatic airy is a fragrance that is downright aversive. But I have to admit that with this fragrance it is well implemented in the overall impression or as the overall theme, so to speak. The whole thing looks atmospheric like a bright fresh spring day with a light breeze at the rippling stream - to describe it like this...
Conclusion: not my favorite fragrance, but it becomes wearable on one or the other spring or summer day.
8.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Chanelle
Faded Mon, hardly recognizable!
The fans of Mon Guerlain will, however, look around if they blindly buy the Röschen-MG. Mon Guerlain EdT Bloom of Rose, to call it by its full name, surprises in many ways.
The "red ruff" is in reality not so red, but pinkish-pearly metallic. This is something quite different and has to be clarified here.
And then the content...sooo ...not gourmand.
On the house it starts with me green-fruity, slightly lavender-fresh and then becomes more flowery. And flowerier.
In this phase (tangy wood anemone) it reminds me of an aqua allegoria I once had, but which one doesn't suit me right now.
Caramel is not in sight.
Vanilla also hardly to smell, because it tends to stay fresh flowery, not sweet, not creamy, not as you know it from MG.
But! And that is for me a big But...the durability comes off contrary to MG "Classic" also badly. Also there rather in the direction of Aqua Allegoria.
After 3 hours only very skinny, after 4 hours of history.
In spite of the positive overall impression, no buying candidate for me, this shy Röselein.

Trucklady 141 days ago
Not my proudest purchase. Lavender fairy floss became anaemic and forgot how to smile.
9.0
Lexa 7 months ago
Rose-neroli- apple/blackcurrant version ,nothing related to the original Mon Guerlain,almost transparent and quarter of original's tehnics.+1
Jazzy76 7 months ago
As light and ethereal as a dawn in the Provence countryside. Flowery,very feminine but unfortunately too evanescent for its very high price+1
6.0

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain