Mon Précieux Nectar (2009)

Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain
Bottle Design: Guerlain
Mon Précieux Nectar (Guerlain)

Mon Précieux Nectar is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-floral. It is still in production.

Randa Hammami

Top Notes Top NotesPetitgrain, Bitter almond
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Gaiac wood, Vanilla, White musk, Frankincense

Submitted by Coriolon, last update on 06.12.2018

In 2009 only 35 bottles were produced. In 2012 it was re-released as part of the collection "Les Parisiennes".

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Now don't be jealous of sugar-slurping insects!
You know, the name Mon Précieux Nectar, "My precious nectar", is somehow totally appropriate to this fragrance, especially in this bee bottle. Because nectar is the sweetish liquid produced by many plant species in their flowers and consists of many different sugars. And what exactly attracts this sweet liquid? Exactly, insects, first and foremost bees and wasps etc.. And since Guerlain has been offering many fragrances in flacons with bee motifs for decades, I find the name somehow very appropriate here, especially if the fragrance should also have a sweet scent.

Oh yes, you would have to be an insect :D
Nah, I'd rather not, they usually have a short lifespan (even shorter if they are crushed by humans or eaten by my cat!), but they can all sip endlessly delicious sugar to the point without worrying that they would gain weight, which they also couldn't, since their endless flaps of wings require a lot of energy anyway.

Could it be transferred to humans? The next time I eat something sweet and high in calories, I'll wave my arms wildly to eat as few calories as possible (or burn calories at the same time). I wonder if that'll work Unfortunately not with certainty... What's for sure is that it should look extremely stupid... like a cousin of mine who jumped up and down in front of the TV all the time, with the reason that he had to lose weight... and of course held a huge banana in his hand and ate it too, argh... :D

The fragrance:
The fragrance starts sweet with jasmine and slightly bitter with bitter almond. This may sound paradoxical, but it just smells lovely. Through this combination I even thought that the scent contains heliotrope, because this plant often smells almond and sweet, but not bitter. Only a few minutes later orange blossoms are added, which go well with the sweet scents. The orange blossoms also smell quite orange, but this could also be the petitgrain from the top note.
Soon the jasmine disappears a little into the background, because the sweetness of the fragrance now comes more from the musk and, a little later, from the vanilla, the latter also making the fragrance more soft and powdery.
In addition to the base, there is some incense, although frankly, the incense is not really recognized as such, but only as "slightly resinous", because the fragrance is very weak. You can still smell musk and vanilla in the base (later only vanilla), the orange blossoms gradually fade away, but the fragrance gets a light, woody note in the background. All in all at any time a very beautiful fragrance!

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is okay, not particularly strong, but also not exactly weak. He could have been a tick stronger to go out, but well, it's not that bad now. Like I said, it's okay. If necessary one sprays oneself again briefly :)
I thought the shelf life was okay, too. He held me for seven or eight hours or so before there was hardly anything left of the scent.

The bottle:
The bottle is cylindrical at the bottom and hemispherical at the top. It is "littered" with bees that have been worked into the glass and looks accordingly elaborately designed and really great. In the middle of the front there is a small indentation in which the shiny label is embedded. The lid is cylindrical at the bottom and bears a golden yellow bow, the upper part is spherical and patterned. A very nice bottle!

Soo... yeah, that's a lovely scent. And yes, that was a ladies' fragrance again. You know, the reason why I test so many women's fragrances is that (apart from the fact that the selection of women's fragrances is much larger) I'm occasionally provided with samples by loving perfumas, more than 90% of which are women's fragrances. And that's okay, too, because I'm describing a lot of scents here, and not just the ones I would wear myself. Unfortunately, some people just don't seem to check it out here and think I'm suspicious or something, because they think that I would only test women's fragrances without knowing that I get so many women's fragrance samples and like to describe fragrances in general here. But what the hell, it's bouncing off me now because I don't take these people seriously anymore and they are also unsympathetic to me if they rashly make a judgement about me without really knowing me. What's all this got to do with this scent? Not much, but I thought it would be time to make this clear for the idiots among you, because I have published a women's fragrance again (I think I should make that clear in a blog or something, hmmm.... let's see...) DD.

Pfft, let's go. Yeah, this scent here is dreamy for me. Or to come back to the above text and to formulate it more clearly: If I were a woman, I'd find the scent dreamy. That is, IF I were a woman, I would like to use the fragrance as well. But as a guy I do NOT use this fragrance, but would like to smell it on a WOMAN or recommend it to a woman. Uh... did you all check that? Well, I don't think all of them :DD

Anyway, the fragrance is very nice for me and I would definitely recommend it to you LADIES to try it, even if it unfortunately smells similar to other fragrances with similar scents. But I repeat here once again that this doesn't have to be bad, since there are now really 1 million fragrances, where it is somehow clear that many of them now resemble each other. But keep in mind that the Guerlain fragrance gives you the usual good quality, because the fragrance also smells good and comes in a great bottle :)

By the way, it is good for going out, but can also be used in general. Since it is not overwhelming despite the many sweet notes, it is almost an all-rounder, although in my opinion it fits best into spring and autumn
To me too arbitrarily
I received the scent via a very nice perfume lady for bottling and was very curious about him.
Disappointment would be the wrong expression... but he didn't flash me. It reminds me very much of L´instant Magic and Petits et Maman. Nice, but really not WOW. You can do it, but you don't have to. I will use up the bottling and then drop the scent through my beard-simpson flap :)
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Very helpful Review
A white feather in the air
Guerlain - this name is enough to spark a multitude of emotions in countless people. I guess it's not necessary to tell you about Guerlains' history at this point. It's well known to anyone who spent some time with perfumery, we all know the magical creations made by the famous perfumers of the Guerlain house. Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleue, Shalimar, Nahema, Chamade, Samsara. These names, everyone holds a special, deeper meaning, are famous amongst perfume lovers. The splendour of each Guerlain creation captivates us. No matter if it is a floral, a chypre, a fougère or an oriental: They know how to create perfumes the right way, the classical way. All of their compositions are of utmost quality. Mr. Thierry Wasser, the current in-house Perfumer, currently works hard to sustain the glory of classical perfumery. Thanks to his efforts, our beloved Masterpieces, like Mitsouko, are now much closer to the way they smelled when they were launched again. And if this wasn't enough, he also opened a museum, where those who are interested in the more rare creations of Guralin can experience long forgotten scents, as well as some of the still available ones, made using the original ingredients. But enough of all the rambling . Today I want to spend some time with a fragrance called "Mon Précieux Nectar", created by Perfumer Randa Hammami in 2009. First a limited edition, in 2012 it was added to the "Les Parisiennes" collection. While reading the different fragrance notes I imagines a soft scent. And that is exactly what I got.

Mon Précieux Nectar - A fragrance like a white feather, floating through the air. I experience a scent as soft as a pillow. Warm and powdery, this fragrance feels like a cashmere nightgown on bare, naked skin. Typical Guerlain: A big part of the first impression is made by finest vanilla. Jean-Paul Guerlain once said: "There is seldom a good Perfume without vanilla.", and he was right. Vanilla is a natural aphrodisiac, even hundreds of years ago it was already worshipped by our ancestors. Today, it is still part of fine cuisine and perfumery all over the world. In Mon Précieux Nectar, the vanilla shows its most delectable facet. Combined with the aroma of roasted almonds, a whole new world of beguiling pleasure is born. But there is more than that. Mon Précieux Nectar wouldn't be a real Guerlain, if there wasn't a little twist within the composition. The twist in this fragrance appears as a green floralcy. Just like a warm breeze on a spring morning in Grasse, the flowers breathe their liveliness onto the fragrance, lending it a feeling of security and ease. Whoever decides to wear this perfume, will not go on an olfactory adventure, but will rather experience an absolute calmness. If innocence was to incarnate in liquid form, it would take on the scent of Mon Précieux Nectar. Before this journey through the realm of purity continues, I'd like to talk about the similarity between this fragrance and another Guerlain perfume, called "L'Instant Magic". Both were composed by Randa Hammami and are based on a mixture of vanilla, almond and clean musks. More often than we notice, perfumers create various scents based on a similar structure, but with minor differences. It's like they are experimenting with the accords and notes. I could imagine the similarity between the two mentioned perfumes is also the result of such an olfactory experiment. Even Jacques Guerlain did these, releasing various variants of one and the same accord. Only the most succesful stuck around, the others were discontinued. A famous example is L'Heure Bleue, which had several "sisters", such as "Fol Arôme" or "Pois de Senteur". These were reportedly rather close to L'Heure Bleue. But only the blue hour survived the trial of time.
The difference between L'Instant Magic and Mon Précieux Nectar can be found easily: It's the floral notes. While Magic is much heavier on the flowers, and features a soft creaminess, the precious nectar focusses on the enveloping qualities of gourmand accents. Those of you, who always wished for a more luscious and exquisite L'Instant Magic, will fall deeply in love with Mon Précieux Nectar. Even thogh it is a linear fragrance, with only minimal development, it has a strong character. Even after many hours, it's scent prevails, not losing any of its charm. The floral facettes are now gone, the powderiness as well. What remains is, yet again, the vanilla, on a bed of white musk. The famous "fresh linen" smell some white musks emit, is part of this perfumes' drydown. Purity is the main theme here. Luckily, there is no harsh "hairspray" note in Mon Précieux Nectar. Many fragrances turn sour after a few hours, cheap musks are to blame. Luckily, no Guerlain I tried featured this kind of smell. It's no secret that Guerlain uses the finest ingredients for their creations. Considering the mostly moderate prices, it's a real pleasure to know how exquisite Guerlain perfumes are. No matter if you choose to wear a classic from 100 years ago, a temporary creation or one of the boutique exclusives, you will always wear a masterpiece. Mon Précieux Nectar is no exception. There is seldom such a balanced and soft vanilla fragrance. You just have to love it!

A little extra information for you: Mon Précieux Nectar can be bought as an Extrait de Parfum (NOT Eau de Parfum), housed in the world famous bee bottle. Due to the high perfume oil concentration, the texture of the fragrance is, indeed, oily. But why, of all the fragrances in the "Les Parisiennes" line, is only Mon Précieux Nectar offered as Extrait? Well, as I mentioned earlier, this perfume was originally created as a limited edition of 35 Baccarat flacons, each holding 500 ml of Extrait. Three years after that, the masterminds of Guerlain decided to bring it back. The original concentration was kept, as the fragrance did not work as an Eau de Parfum, being much to fleeting. I have to say: Even as an Extrait, Mon Précieux Nectar is a quiet fragrance. It lasts more than 10 hours on my skin, but it sticks close to the one who wears it. Only those who will get close to you will be able to notice the fragrance, it's an intimate perfume.
smooth nectar
Mon Précieux Nectar is a scent that is amazingly soft and smooth! I like it, but for me it's too feminine. In fact I don't think it's unisex. Of course it's marketed towards women, but so are most (if not all) of the Guerlain Exclusifs. Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Tonka Imperiale can be worn by men, but this one (in my opinion) cannot.

Anyways, on to the smell of this lovely (woman's) perfume. In the opening I get an explosion of almond and vanilla. As time passes, more and more of the jasmine starts to show, and the orange blossom as well (although I smell far more jasmine than orange blossom). However, the vanilla and especially the almond remain strong throughout. Unfortunately I can't make out the rest of the notes, except MAYBE very slightly the incense. But it's very faint, I really have to look (or is it "sniff"?) for it...

The sillage and longevity are of course very good, as we're used to from the Guerlain Exclusif line. But since this is a soft and smooth scent, this perfume won't suffocate you when you "accidentally" spray too much of it. That's something I find pleasant about this scent as well, because some women I encounter do tend to go trigger happy on the spray ...

Also, the name is very well chosen, because when smelling the scent as a whole, I can totally imagine smelling nectar!
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
A short-lived intimate pleasure
"Mon Précieux Nectar" smells delicious, but doesn't last on my skin, it's gone in 10 minutes. "A very intimate fragrance", I was told by the lovely shop-assistant at the Guerlain-counter. Perceiving the slightly irritated look on my face, she added, "This is a scent you wear for yourself only. It's light, very light." She sighed.
Sorry or "Pardonnez-moi, Guerlain", but an exclusive scent from your special line should not evaporate into thin air after a few minutes. A "precious nectar" should be made of ingredients which have a bit more stamina. Too expensive, given the short-lived nature of this "nectar".

Lexa 23 months ago
Almonds and orange blossoms,finess and elegance.Good longevity and ladylike projection,meaning not a sillage bomb.A breathe of womanity.+3
Bottle 10.0

• by Vilma by Vilma
  • by ExUser by ExUser
  • by Hufing by Hufing

Popular Guerlain

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Instant Magic (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Habit Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Mitsouko (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Jicky (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain