Néroli Outrenoir 2016

Néroli Outrenoir by Guerlain
Top 91 in Unisex Perfume
Néroli Outrenoir is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPetitgrainPetitgrain
BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom
NeroliNeroli
Smoked teaSmoked tea
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette seedAmbrette seed
MossMoss
MyrrhMyrrh

Submitted by Danina, last update on 15.10.2021.

This fragrance is part of the collection "L'Art et la Matière".

Annenas
The one to rule them all or just overpriced sunscreen after all?
Let's start with the bottle. Beautifully finished, classy, elegant and whoops... so expensive that no one can buy him blindly. So a filling here, thank you at the point to Parfumo, without you I could nowhere give my mustard.
Neroli Outrenoir so, beautiful name, even more beautiful bottle. For flabby 210Euro you get here a Guerlaingebräu, which confuses me from the ground up and thrilled. Who loves citrus fragrances, but misses some warmth, creaminess and depth on cold days has found with Neroli Outrenoir perhaps the one fragrance that offers everything.

In the opening citrusy, fresh, almost juicy and fruity with a slight green tartness. After about five minutes, the first spicy teen notes introduce themselves, which give the fragrance more dimension. After about half an hour (on my skin), the citrusy accords have faded, which is usually the end for the typical citrus scent. But not for NO. It really kicks in now and opens up a new phase, dimension, depth. Bright neroli (without headache) is now joined by lots of tea,soft, elegant smoke and something creamy that I think is a first hint of the ambrette seeds. Pleasantly soft, deep and warm without losing the citrusy aspects in the neroli. Up to here, NO is the one. The citrus scent I would wear year round too, the one I would keep if I were only allowed one more scent in my life.

But then the third hour dawns and I'm irritated. Again and again, a creamy smell wafting towards me, actually not bad, but it reminds me of something. When I finally come to it, the association can no longer be denied: sunscreen. Not unpleasant, still nice, soft, warm, minimally spicy and very slightly the tea is still there, but unmistakable (for me): sunscreen. What do I do with this now? The scent stays like this from this point on, tea and neroli say goodbye completely at some point, but the hint of creamy ambrette seed with myrrh stays with me all day. Only the sunscreen thought, unfortunately, too.

Guerlain sells fragrances, well-made, in the L'Art et la Matière series even niche perfumes that really have depth, but primarily this brand sells prestige. Since the bottle, the showpiece then can cost even times over 200 euros, which is not unusual for niche perfumes, but then also comes with a certain expectation.

I expect from a niche Guerlain that he knocks my socks off. And consistently. NO manages that two-thirds of the way through, Opening and the first few hours of wear are gorgeous. For those familiar with Hermès Eau des Merveilles, NO turns creamy at the point where EdM becomes woodier and more synthetic. Actually very successful. But if towards the end I'm not the only one who smells here suntan lotion, cheap shower gel or care lotion, I really want to spend so much money?
A first approximation
The exclusives and me - yes, that's one of those stories. How I would like to have one, but so far no one has crossed my path who has even approached me. Especially a Guerlain exclusive, that's all! In principle, it belongs in every decent perfume collection. I've had it with you so far. What I was looking forward to, SDV, Iris Ganache and many others. When I sniffed it, it's always pure disappointment.

Yesterday, a sachet of AdAstra72 fragrances came out, including a sample of Neroli Outrenoir. Without any expectations I took the first taster and - wow - it's really good! This Guerlain really surprised me in a positive way! I am a tea drinker and was therefore absolutely taken with this beautiful tea scent. The prelude is a little too bergamot-heavy for me to take it all into my heart and strongly reminds me of Earl Grey tea. Just this one sort that I despise. But what follows is a dream and I can fool myself into the base. Like a tender embrace, pussy and ambrette come around the corner. I even think I hear a gentle hint of more sweet Vetivers, even if it's not on the list here. If he'd been like that right from the start, I'd have bought him right now! The Earl Grey stays a bit too long for me, so Neroli Outrenoir (I find the name btw. also Hammer!) will probably not move in with me in the end. Still, I'm ecstatic. Guerlain's exclusive guests and me - so that's not out of the question per se. I'm getting more open-minded. And if I am very lucky, maybe one day one of these dream bottles will move in with me. That would have something!
I like tea. You, too?
What luck that I grew up in a tea household, i.e. a household in which the drawer almost swells over due to the various types of tea that one can never feel like using. It is this circumstance that made this "exclusive" from Guerlain seem so familiar to me with the first spray stroke.
It doesn't take long, and I say to myself, "Man, that's him. This is the orange tea, which remains in our drawer and is now gradually coming out again in autumn." Boring, dull, dreary, one-dimensional, some of you will think now. Such an expensive niche scent that you can't get in the well-known online shops and then it just smells like tea?

No, don't worry, it's all right. I can calm down.

It is indeed true that teenage notes play a dominant role here. It is probably the most olfactory component and I am very happy about it, because it is the one that miraculously surrounds all the other components with the typical aromatic way of tea. With our smoky tea, discreet, really discreet, but still perceptible floral accords resonate, while sparingly used moss serves the tea round a little green earthiness.
If you want to smell all this, please do not press your noses against your wrists or the back of your hand with all your might. Let the fragrance breathe, let it enchant the air around you in which it unfolds most beautifully. You will be rewarded with more than just smoky orange tea - promised.

Thierry Wasser and Delphine Jelk have succeeded in creating something that even those who don't usually get too much out of orange blossoms can try out. For me, this is one of my favourite fragrances, but I can also fully understand when it quickly becomes too much for some, considering what a sweet, pompous and sometimes even overwhelming character it can take on. Here the whole thing was interwoven with the tea in such a way that it no longer reminds much of the pure orange blossom, which stands alone for itself. And of course orange tea - this one in particular - is not just for the colder times of the year. It may - no - it should be enjoyed especially in summer, because that is what it is made for, this fine Guerlain exclusive
Perceptual disorder
When I first applied NO, tart citrusy notes as well as the aforementioned smoky tea wafted around me and little change took place. I felt very reminiscent of "Teazzurra". So my first reaction was: who has "Teazzurra" does not need "Neroli Outrenoire".

But this impression changed in the following days. Today NO is for me a tart, citrusy, herbaceous, spicy fragrance with orange. By the way, my nose claims stiffly: there is cardamom in it. I also have less orange blossom and more orange fruit (juice) in my nose. At phases, NO reminds me of "Arancia di Capri" (though it's been quite a long time since I sniffed that one). Later, the fragrance becomes softer and fluffier.

On the German Guerlain homepage, dark woods (Gaiac and Oud) are still indicated in the text (not in the fragrance pyramid). They are supposed to enhance the contrast between bergamot and neroli to the tea and myrrh even more (meaning). Well, woods I do not perceive in NO at all.

For "Neroli Outrenoir", my perception and the fragrance pyramid drift apart to some extent. For the herbaceous perception I blame petigrain and myrrh. The cardamom was probably hidden in the tea ;) and that I smell rather fruit instead of flower....

The durability of NO I find good to very good. The sillage is with me, however, rather mau. Nice is that one is reminded of "Néroli Outrenoir" by occasional flying up of the fragrance by movement and wind (since we currently have plenty of) again and again friendly.

I thank Maxi1000 for the test opportunity.
Summer Guerlain!
Summer makes man a dreamer.
-Paul Keller-

Lying in the shade of the old trees in the soft moss and feeling the summer wind on your nose. Ice cooled black tea with lemon in American style for refreshment.
*Daydreaming*
Smell of Néroli Outrenoir and enjoy the day .... this is a perfect summer day for the Sweetsmell :)

To the fragrance:
Néroli Outrenoir starts with sparkling bergamot and tangy green petigrain.
Delicious black tea is quickly added with sweet orange blossom and neroli.
Moss and tender myrrh follow in the base .... it smells herb-smoky-green-balsamic from the wrist. Ambrettesamen join them ... moschusartig-spicy!
The fragrance only becomes a little sweeter in the course of time. In any case there is a good portion of fluffy Guerlainmoschus in it, because after about an hour the astringency becomes fluffy-soft!
A wonderfully mossy musk bed that Guerlain has conjured up.
Néroli Outrenoir is an elegant fragrance and gives me a rather cool impression which fits perfectly into the summer :)
The shelf life is about 8 hours and the Sillage is rather discreet... a delicate scenttaura that envelops me.
Unisex but so what!
The bottle beautiful and noble ... typical of the "L'Art et la Matière" collection. Luckily Guerlain replaced the stupid balloon sprayers with normal ones :)

Conclusion:
Summer Guerlain!
fresh black tea ... sweet orange blossom ... Neroli.
tender myrrh ... mossy musk bed.
Elegant-cool ... wonderful!

Psssst .... since last summer already a summer darling of mine .... Test recommendation for tea scent friends and for those who want to become one ;)

JackHunter33
Neroli & Smoky Earl Grey Tea Delight!
Off the top I get a lot of petitgrain with a surge of bergamot which is followed by a smoky mix of tea and myrhh. After a while when the scent takes to the air it suddenly opens up and I can smell the neroli within the mix. At this stage it does smell very nice and enchanting, imagine smoky tea notes mixing in with neroli and earthy myrhh. I can see what Thierry Wasser was trying to do offsetting the neroli note with smoky tea and myrhh notes.

Also I think he has captured the tea note quite beautifully, you can smell the bitter and smoky aspect. And when this mixes in with the neroli it's quite lovely. I think how much you love the tea accord is going to determine how much you like this one. For me I love it.

For me on my skin the tea and smoky earthy notes are more dominant than the neroli. And that's why to my nose I perceive it more on the masculine side, definitely unisex though. Talking about the neroli note I find it more subdued and that it takes a backseat to the smoky earthy tea accord. Though when it makes itself known it is quite lovely.

Though the neroli comes through more when the smoky earthy tea notes calm down a bit. But this is not a full bodied dominant neroli scent, it's more subtlety weaved providing a contrast to the other notes. Very nice fragrance.

Sweet Myrrh Tea
An incredible composition from this line, as always. The opening is a sweet orange blossom and myrrh with a tiny hint of black tea. It has been some time I've smelled something that excited and captivated me this much. It is smoky and smooth, but what else can you expect from Art/Matiere? Must have!

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Spicy, slightly citrusy black tea with a subtle neroli makes a solid impression. But the whole at a high price of L'Art et la Matière-seies?

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by VegaOcean
by VegaOcean
by IrinaBerlin
by IrinaBerlin

Popular Guerlain

Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain Shalimar Millésime Vanilla Planifolia by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain