Samsara 1989 Eau de Parfum

Samsara (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain
Bottle Design Robert Granai
Samsara (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Guerlain for women and was released in 1989. The scent is oriental-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.09.2021.

The original formula contained around 20% of natural sandalwood oil from Mysore - at the time a rather inexpensive ingredient. Today's scarcity of real sandalwood, an endangered wood species, has necessitated a reformulation of Samsara with a higher concentration of Polysantol, a synthetic sandalwood substitute.

The term Samsara is a Sanskrit word that has its roots in Hinduism. It refers to the cycle of birth and rebirth, the eternal wheel of life.

Miro
I don't think he's that oriental
It's no use.... it was reformulated and yes, it certainly smelled better before, lasted longer and at all. But nu it is just so that we have to live with the new version.
Thanks to the souk here I now hold a bottling of Samsara in my hands.
In the top note we start floral. I smell ylang ylang. I love the stuff and here it does not come across sultry, the green notes make sure of that. Such perfumes I hardly know from today, but there will certainly be.

There are also immediately many flowers announce themselves. I smell a large bouquet of flowers, the largest share of which is jasmine, but I also perceive narcissus and carnations.
Likewise, there is something soapy, clean. The perfume smells bright and clear.
I see a white table in the garden with 4 chairs. A pitcher of lemonade, some cookies, and glasses and plates....behind are gorgeous flower beds and perennials. It's warm but not hot and there are bees buzzing around too. This garden is in harmony with nature. There is no English lawn or even gravel beds. Many varieties of flowers, shrubs and wild herbs bloom here. Squirrels, birds and butterflies feel at home here. Here I can sit , just be there and relaxed perceive the life around me.

I think I'm describing my grandma's garden right now. The scent reminds me of the beautiful time I was allowed to spend with her. She never wore perfume, by the way. It's more the feeling that comes up in me when I sniff Samsara. I feel well taken care of, loved and safe.

Later, the scent becomes a bit more powdery and vanilla, accompanied by sandalwood. Maybe Samsara evokes a little retro feeling in me, but this is not an old-fashioned, unfashionable fragrance. I can well imagine that he worked in the earlier version much more oriental than today.

I find the fragrance really beautiful and for me I can say that Samsara could accompany me in any situation. To work, Käffchen with a friend, to go for a walk . I would always be well scented, never would it be too much and I know no one who wears it. So in real life I don't smell it anywhere
4ajbukoshka
"Wallah, he's horny in a different way!". Impressions of a bus stop. Or: FSK [not old enough]
A wonderful good morning to all early risers and a good night to all night owls!
What comes out when 4ajbukoshka puts her Moka on the stove after 16 o'clock, you read the following, because Signorina could not sleep once again. So it's about an encounter and this time the reason for the sleepless night is not called "Signor Il heartbreaker", but "Samsara".

Samsara, that sounds like "Aramsamsam, aramsamsam, gulli gulli..." - you know. Funny name, I thought, before I read the explanation of it.
After that, however, Mufasa came to mind, which tells something about the eternal cycle of life and already I am positive about this discovery.
The bee flacon I personally find heartallerliebst and would find it absolutely terrific, one would standardize similar to USB connectors for mobile phone charging cables the flacon for perfumes, so that they would all result in a beautiful order, regardless of how many of it one has in the cabinet.

At what point is one actually old enough for a certain scent, a notorious perfume, or even just a certain brand?
And in what strange places 4ajbukoshka drives her mischief?
These questions will (hopefully) be answered approximately in the following.
May 2021. 4ajbukoshka moves her round cat belly (not pregnant, just fat) outside for once and since it's raining AND she has a long way to go, she takes NOT (her bike) Charlie for once, but the bus. Actually, she hates riding the bus and as much as people love her, she hates them, especially when they come in droves. But now wearing FFP-2 masks is mandatory and people keep their distance. Not good conditions to test its effect on the environment, but at least good ones to sit on the bus undisturbed, reading and listening to music, or so 4ajbukoshka thought. And so it came to pass.
Until... she got off to change buses. Unsuspecting, she stood there like that, people-watching, because her cell phone battery was once again dead and she was not a power box owner (secretly, with a book in front of her nose, so again no one could watch her that easily). Getting off the bus with her were three teenagers (ages: estimated 12 - 19, depending on whether you look at them or listen to them).
1, carrying fanny pack around shoulder (vaffanculo blin, why is this thing called "fanny pack" again?), wearing chunky ugly sneakers, hair styled straight without any frizz with a center parting, let's call her Lena-Sophie (name made up, she is addressed by person 2 AND 3 alternately with Habibi, Mädschänn and other pet names, but only person 2 gives her kisses on the mouth).
2, the guy with the (maybe fake) Gucci cap and EarPods is obviously her boyfriend, he addresses person 1 as "Habibi" after all, is (actually) named Jamie.
3: Guy with typical Tiktok haircut, read: curly top of head, shaved sides (kinda like Signor Il heartbreaker, only less cute, of course). We'll call him... Jeremy.
[...]
Jeremy: Eeey, do you have to exaggerate like that again? Isch told you, just the [biep]...
[...]
Lena-Sophie: [squeals and shrieks, apparently she's on the phone with her BFF until the wrong person's Instagramlike divorces her]
Jamie: Nasty, man, nasty.
Jeremy: Brate, I tell yourrrrr [...] (4ajbukoshka's ears perk up. Russian? Ukrainian? Or capital bra listener? This could get interesting.)
[...]
Lena-Sophie: Wallah, it smells different horny. Sorry, honey, but Jeremy, is that you? Is that your thingy again? What's it called again?
Jeremy, obviously just grown fifty centimetres: Wallah, sure, who else? Certainly not the Opfa there (nodding to Jamie).
Jamie: Bratan, watch who you're talking to. Are you making me look stupid in front of my girlfriend right now?!
Jeremy: Skrrrr. Bro, what do you think of me? Am I someone who does eyes?
Jamie: Kiss your hand, Bratan. Honor maaaaann!
Lena-Sophie: But Beeebiiiii! Did I just ask you? What now, Jeremy?
Jeremy: No idea what you're talking about! Boy, what is she babbling about (looks at Jamie for help)!
4ajbukoshka would have liked to intervene at this point and expose herself as the originator of the scent source. But she prefers to keep her distance, silent and wondering how anyone could notice her at two meters away. Right now she would actually rather be invisible.
The bus arrives. After what feels like a hundred years. Everyone gets on, there is a fourth person waiting on the bus, Meltem.
The conversations continue. Meltem is called "Bratina" by Jamie and Jeremy, Lena-Sophie calls her "sweetie" or "Duuuu".
The digital display on the bus is broken.
4ajbukoshka hears a throat clearing.
Jeremy: Excuse me? Can you tell us what stop we're at and how much longer it's going to take us uuuuroughly to get to City Hall Square in South? The schedule has been changed and now the times in the app are not correct.
4ajbukoshka: Hey, sorry, but my battery died, otherwise I would have liked to check, took a screenshot of there. But it's still more than ten minutes.
Meltem: Give her your cable, look, she has iPhone!
Jamie, comes trotting in from the back row: Here, you're welcome to charge your phone.
After a short while, 4ajbukoshka's cell phone turns on.
Jeremy: Oh, do you speak Greek?
4ajbukoshka: No. Why?
Jeremy: I see the Greek alphabet on your phone (starts philosophizing about math).
Lena-Sophie: Wallah, he's into those, isn't he?
Jamie: Habibi, what do you THINK? He is just nice, mashallah. She's way too old for him.
4ajbukoshka is secretly blushing. Wow. (K)A quarter of a century and already old?!

Well... I guess that's how it is.
If you think one moment you're young, in the next breath really young people tell you you're not. The (German) set is on 4ajbukoshkas side, because there is "young", who has not yet completed the 27th year.
So in her "young years", for young people u18 already old or TOO old, she carries Samsara walk. And after reading about age restrictions several times again just today, in a blog about the zeitgeist of perfume and how you shouldn't wear gummy bear gourmands and the like beyond 40, she'll be doing that RIGHT in the future.
After all, her ten-year-old sister Prinzessa's statement fragrance was none other than No. 5, layered with umpteen other scents, lest Mom realize her perfume closet had been raided.
Had 4ajbukoshka dared, she would have recommended "Samsara" to Lena-Sophie today (or yesterday). So only the hope remains, Lena-Sophie will soon discover and recognize it.
Because recognition value has Samsara - and apparently also a strong aura, sillage and durability.

Flowers, in between a touch of bubble gum, perhaps owed to the peach, even more flowers, which are similar to Chanel's "Beige" more and more towards soap / body lotion / creaminess transform, the longer they dance the slow, wonderful waltz with the skin and also swirl now and then cheeky-beautiful through the air...
Samsara is as romantic as glitter and Cinderella in glass dancing shoes, gliding lightheartedly across the dance floor as her dress alternates between blue and pink.
Duftblüte
Short fright and long joy
I must confess, I don't particularly like the opening shortly after spraying it on. Whether it is because of the green notes? It smells a little artificial and, how should I put it, a little too dull-oriental for me. The somewhat dusty bergamot doesn't make this impression any better. After a short while, however, a potpouri of floral scents rises, with lemon and a bit of peach mingling in ever so softly. The whole thing is beautifully supported by a warm base consisting of a wonderful vanilla and tonka bean cream that is never oversweet thanks to ambergris, musk and sandalwood. This vanilla and tonka bean cream determines the fragrance impression more and more over time, even if it is accompanied for a long time by the scent of the flowers and, somewhat less clearly, by that of the fruit. What I appreciate about this perfume is that it caresses me for hours and I can perceive it on myself. It is certainly less suitable for hot summer days (then rather for the evening). Otherwise, I wear it at will and whim
Kira Maria...
...was a woman... no... a grande dame, to be exact, and a friend of my mother's. Kira is Greek for "woman". Kira Maria... so this woman Maria was several years older than my mother and became a widow at an early age. Despite the difference in age, both women had a common hobby, namely sewing. They often exchanged patterns, went to buy fabrics, helped each other with tricky things and had a lot of fun together. I loved this woman, because for me she embodied the image of an independent, educated, wise woman who had to learn to get along without a man at an early age and relied only on her own strength. I admired her style. She was always smartly dressed, her costumes fitted perfectly and she always, but really always, had matching shoes and bag. Sometimes she saw some shoes she liked, bought them and sewed a matching costume. Her fingernails were always discreetly painted, her hairstyle was right and she smelled soooo lovely like samsara. I liked to go along when my mother visited her, although I was a teenager at the time and preferred to hang out with my friends.
I loved listening to her talk about times and experiences long gone. She never made me feel like an ignorant, stupid teenager but always asked me for my opinion and encouraged me to follow news, read books, always stay curious and question everything...in short, to use my brain ;-)
And when I think of kira Maria, I always think of powder...because samsara does just that...it has this powdery note that some people think is old-fashioned, but I find wonderfully elegant.
The prelude of samsara reminds me of Nivea suntan lotion...yes really...but only very short...very short. After that a mixture of bergamot and lemon is added, accompanied by amber and lots of clove. This might kill one or the other, especially when all the flowers are still mixed in but people, what comes out is an iris of the finest, which brings along this elegant powdery one...carried by sandalwood, tonka bean and vanilla, needless to mention that in the drydown this initially flowery spicy turns into something creamy sweet and just smells delicious...

Ttfortwo
Unfortunately only second winner, the Extrait wins with me by a tiny margin
8 a.m.: I make my way to the home office (a very short walk) and decide to play Samsara Extrait against Samsara Eau de Parfum (the current version). I have the EdP since last year and I love it.

So I apply a spray of Samsara EdP to my right wrist - only one and probably rather carefully applied - and very briefly a pert cloud rises, a touch of nose-fresh lemon, paired with the matt-flowery and slightly dusty bergamot and the wonderful Guerlain peach (everyone always talks about the famous Guerlain vanilla, that's fine with me, they are indeed very good at it, but has anyone ever noticed how well Guerlain Peach can do - a fragrance that is almost notoriously in the synthetic-squeaky peach fruit gum (sour) direction in others?). The chord quickly becomes mid-dark - the fresher notes I only notice with my nose on my skin after a few minutes. By the way, this is different when I spray the clothes, the brighter notes stay noticeable much longer. But I want to test on the skin
On the left wrist I take a whiff of the closure of the samsara bottle. Just a touch, but it is a statement: The subjective scent impression of this almost homeopathic application is at least as present as with the sprayed EdP. Here I look for the fresher notes almost in vain, the extract starts (sprayed it probably looks a bit fresher) right away with the actual statement and that is: sandalwood. Strong, dark moldy, spicy sandalwood, the other notes are ornament and decoration and wonderful accessories, only the iris powder I can still capture as a single note.

9 o'clock in the morning: Both fragrances are on the same level and have also developed to a quite similar soft, darkly coloured scent impression. Chubby sandalwood dominates, the extract seems spicier to me now and maybe denser, softer, a bit more velvety, the EdP is a bit more floral, the jasmine has taken its chance well, I'd say. Both scents projection is quite audible - again and again sandaly-spicy clouds puff up and I can't tell if they are from the right or left wrist
10 am: There is not really anything new to report yet. I sit overjoyed in this matte flowery spicy sandalwood cloud, smell sometimes right, sometimes left and hardly notice any difference.

11 o'clock: Well, well, well. Extrait seems a little weak. The EdP is now clearly ahead in terms of scent intensity, a surprising turn of events in a competition where the winner seemed to be fixed in advance.

12:00 noon: all-clear. The EdP has ignited the final stage and is slowly descending back towards the base Note-Divan.

The Extrait, on the other hand, still looks very rested, the heart notes smell present and it seems to have picked up again: It's also more audible at a distance
And: I finally find an expression for what I have already felt with both of them throughout the entire fragrance process, namely security. Softly spiced vanilla, sandalwood embrace, powdery peace
1pm: The EdP is resting and will continue to do so for many hours and the technical winner has been determined. It's the Extrait, it has more endurance, even if the flower notes are slowly becoming quieter.

2 pm: The Extrait also begins to withdraw. A butter-soft glide into the base notes begins, which is about >br />
15 o'clock approximately nears completion.

At about 16 o'clock both versions are equal again. Both base notes smell wonderfully comforting and embracing and peaceful, warm and homely and I sniff sometimes left, sometimes right and know from experience that I will do this for a long time. And a small miracle: Completely unexpectedly, even now a sandal cloud still puffs up from time to time - even the base notes still have a certain external effect.

Conclusion: Both of them have done very well on my scent eater skin - many other perfume-tested scent monster performers have given up in many tests much earlier.

The Extrait scores with maximum fragrance development at minimum dosage - a tiny wiper is enough for the whole day and over a few hours it always smells a little bit softer, softer, more comforting and delicately darker than the Eau de Parfum, which is a little brighter and a touch more angular.

The EdP, however, costs only a fraction and is - in itself - a wonderful softwood and velvety fragrance of great beauty.

But perfume will always be the winner of my heart. Because - apart from this short 11 o'clock sag - it always had a nose advantage and because it is able to make the world a little bit more beautiful - and especially this horrible, twisted and rainy day before - a little bit more beautiful
At the very last: I have published this text identically in the Extrait, after all it concerns both versions equally. So don't be surprised. And: If this should contradict any rules, just say so, I will delete an article.
Frieda50
What lasts long will finally be good or love at second sight?
At some point I imagined that I had to treat myself to something very special for my birthday - a Guerlin - Samsara.
Researched, ordered the red bottle from the Internet dealer, he delivers the modern version, a short sprayer, disappointment spreads, the goods go back.
My frustration ends up in the forum and I receive many helpful answers by return of post.
On Ebay someone finds a (vintage?) version eau de toilette for me. But I'm not too enthusiastic about it - it goes on wandering over the souk to a real lover (thanks for that!).
A very old miniature from Ebay is pretty, but contains rather coloured water, there is nothing to smell anymore.
I make one last attempt, order the eau de parfum of the modern version from the cheapest mail order company and start testing this time without great expectations.
The nice SabriNoir also sent me a bottle of her Extrait as a birthday present, which I am keeping and have tested quite timidly so far.
So: the way it looks like I can live with the modern "bee flacon".
My initial disappointment certainly stems from the fact that samsara is in an exclusive and high-priced circle and I had expected a "bomb" similar to my 80s sweetheart.
Oh, no, no, no, no Suddenly I realize that I want her like that and not otherwise. Blooming in secret, unobtrusive, classic, on many occasions (not only to the opera but even daily to the office depending on the dosage).
Nobody screams here, pushes themselves into the foreground. As a (deterrent) comparison I always have my sister-in-law, who throws herself at me in waves of Diva or Paloma Picasso at family parties.
With Samsara I suddenly have the scent for the many special occasions - the important job interview, where I want to strengthen my self-confidence - the company party in the circle of my predominantly male colleagues (if I want to go beyond the "freshly showered image").
And I read the previous comments and can absolutely agree with them - that's exactly how I feel about this fragrance. I found it late, but why should it not be forever?
Faded soft colors
Do you know that?
When you get older, the colors fade...

I do not only mean the dioptric adjustments, which have to be done almost every six months, but also the colours of the emotions.

You've got so much after 50 years: first the exhausting quest for independence, then finding out who you really are.

Then, if you are lucky, you meet someone with whom you can throw this self and its you into one pot. And then you might even dare the risk - incomprehensible in retrospect - to promise this guy that you will stay with him for the rest of his life. I did, I'm crazy! And I'm still at his side.

We have three children who are already big. Not in your head, of course (I'll just say that now), but as a mother you're standing next to it and have to and want to let her do it. Amazed and sometimes a little envious, I see how they live their radiant colours without a helmet. Life is so beautiful... without But!

And the mother is so afraid for them, wishes them love without suffering and yet knows that it almost never works so beautifully. Let him go. To be there when needed and wanted. Reset.

So many have gone by now: Parents, friends, companions. Final and sometimes painful and miserable. After each of these for me so stirring and painful deaths I had to sort myself again and find the strength to continue.

Wikipedia:
"Samsara (Sanskrit, n., संसार, saṃsāra; Pali: saṃsāra; literally: "constant wandering") is the term for the perpetual cycle of being, the cycle of becoming and passing away or the cycle of rebirths in the Indian religions Buddhism, Jainism and partial currents of Hinduism."

I'm no longer a believer, but I'm still moved by the "everything flows" feeling that this beautiful perfume gives me.

Guerlain's "Samsara" is - like me - an old ham, but THAT's what it is for me, because he could accompany me all these years like a second skin.

When I discovered this fragrance in the 90s, it appeared as if it underlined the new in and on me: it was clear, like a freshly painted deep dark red. a little oriental, radiant, pure, honest and big. He was like an orientation, had a fighting heart, was a guard rail for me and also underlined youthful attractiveness. He was uncompromising, straight. Sometimes it's biting. That's how I always wanted to be.

30 years later, he's no longer deep dark red on me, any more than I am. Today it smells a little stone washed, a faded brownish red-orange. The fabric has become much softer, in some places even a bit threadbare, but it still seems to withstand all loads.

He's still clear, still honest, but he's become so much milder. More cuddly, friendly and also more tolerant, devoted to the fact that things are as they are.

But that's not why it's any less beautiful!

I'm curious where Samsara and I are going to go...
A wallflower?
Samsara doesn't have it easy. The footprints left by other Guerlains in front of her are far too big. She is not as seductive as Shalimar and not as mysterious as Mitsouko. She lacks the melancholy of L'Heure Bleue, the extraordinary of Jicky and Vega the Goddess, we don't even have to start. A heavy legacy therefore.

Samsara is not an ugly duckling. The fragrance is beautiful and versatile. Samsara doesn't ask for a ballroom or a box at the opera. She is much more modest and is also satisfied with the living room at home. Together with her you can lounge on the couch in jogging pants and a feel-good sweater - she doesn't resent that in any way. Samsara masters walks in the autumn forest just as brilliantly as pub crawls, restaurant visits or a working day in the office
The citric prelude is not pungent or sharp in any way. The sensitive olfactory cells are not animated to sneeze, since lemon and bergamot are used rather sparingly and are additionally steamed by the delicate peach note
The beautiful sandalwood note shows itself to me relatively early and forms an enchanting combination with the powdery iris, rose and violet. You have to wait a little for the carnation, because it gives way to the other flowers. Then, however, it nestles very close to the sandalwood and together they exude a pleasantly warm spice.

The vanilla that joins it is neither light nor clearly dark, but rather grey, if there is a "grey vanilla" at all. She is not bright and innocent, but also not as wicked and dark as I know her from Guerlain classics. Films would be age ratings from 16 - too daring for the children/youth program and too "harmless" for the adult program.

Samsara is not a femme fatale and doesn't want to be. She's a good friend from the neighborhood. One you can shop with and gossip with and if you have to cry out she's got a handkerchief guaranteed.

For me Samsara has something earthy, down-to-earth and I don't mean that in a negative way. Other scents from this house let me take off and take me to other places and times, let me float, fly away ... and with samsara I stay in the here and now, with both feet on the ground.

Samsara lives with me in the dark red bottle (30 ml), which lies wonderfully in the hand and which I also find very appealing due to its shape. I can enjoy the fragrance for about 8 to 10 hours. With such a companion even cloudy, unfriendly, cold autumn and winter days are easier to bear.

Mysore route
Other than a distant memory (or perhaps a dream, not sure) of my kindergarten teacher wearing Samsara, I was never really into it. I tried it once about 8 years ago from a pretty old tester, thought it was ok and never looked back. More recent testings made me think that it was way overrated but there was this thing bugging me; it's a classic Guerlain, how come I don't see the appeal?
When Santal Majuscule was launched, I loved it from the start. I could see the appeal of sandalwood, even though synthetic, and the pairing with rose and cocoa was delightful. I would have gotten a bottle, or 2, if it was stronger and more lasting on my skin. So, I live on decants of it to satisfy my craving.
But since Samsara is touted as the reference sandalwood, real Mysore no less, I sought after the vintage version, until a brand new bottle of the edp landed on my hands. The date? 1989! I paid the price, less than current version of the same 100ml size and waited patiently for my parcel to arrive, which it did last Friday.

And now I can finally see the appeal and what all the fuss is about!

Samsara feels perfumey. Not a word I use often, but it feels like a real perfume, distant and at the same time very familiar. Maybe my teacher did wear it after all, and it stayed in my memory like a childhood dream. I'm not sure, and I won't be able to ever ask her, but it feels like a comforting embrace.
Of the bat, there's a medley of notes on my skin. Spicy, creamy, floral, powdery; everything wants my attention but I'm giving it to the shadow that's lurking at the back, a big fat creamy coconutty vanillic sandalwood. Could it be the phantom of real Mysore? It should be, I mean I have the first version released. Is it 20%? 30%? 5%?
I don't care, it feels so rich and thick that it seems as if it's about to jump and eat me. It feels familiar, because...sandalwood (even if most perfumes use a synthetic rendition of it nowadays, no matter how perfected the accord is), without a hint of screech. It is just gloriously smooth, sweet, engulfing.
Samsara is touted as sandalwood + jasmine nirvana but I get more ylang ylang and a healthy serving of iris/orris root. That's fine, as I love ylang more than jasmine. And I think it contributes to that creamy feel. Apart from the opening medley, I mostly distinguish these 3/4 notes, but the backstage help from the other ingredients contributes to the overall sensation; it is calming and blissful, just like the add conjures. A state of serenity!

I'm not sure whether the current version does justice to the juice. My testings were never very thorough and I never gave in to the scent, but the absolute perfection of vintage Samsara as I feel it on my skin, with a perfectly defined sandalwood that smells like nothing I've smelt before, made me love it deeply. I understand why so many love it. It is a genderless nirvana, that speaks of inner calmness at a time when other hits spoke of decadence and excess. I love both ends of the spectrum, and Samsara is definitely jumping to the top of the blissful side!
As a side note; someone mentioned below that it feels like a child of Allure and Hypnotic Poison, or something like it. Yes, Allure reminds me at times of Samsara (a very avant garde/deconstructed version of it for the new millennium) but not so much of Hypnotic Poison. They both share that nutty powdery creaminess but Samsara defines it via Mysore sandalwood, having a depth that the other two don't. I love all 3 perfumes, but having to choose only one, I'd go for Samsara!

Lonjevity: 12 hours and counting!
Sillage: erm, massive!
Shalimar or Samsara?
My first encounter with Samsara at Munich Airport in the early 2000s, that was when I actually wanted to buy Shalimar... and it made me skid. That was also an Oriental from Guerlain, aha... i couldn't resist and sprayed it on... oh God, this Sillage, this warmth and spiciness. I have to say that I am a sandalwood lover, until now my favorite was the now discontinued Santal de Mysore by Crabtree & Evelyn, actually marketed as men's fragrance, but absolutely unisex (these men's fragrance women's fragrance labels are another chapter...). So and so I stood there. I couldn't afford either of them. It became Shalimar. But Samsara never let me go again, only his force (in the old EdP) almost knocked me out and maybe I lacked a bit of courage (the maturity, the perfumistic self-confidence?) to wear it. A few years later it happened. And I have to admit that I like it even better since the reformulation, because the old version gave me some nausea, although I loved the scent itself so much - but my dad is allergic to real sandwood, he reacts with a skin rash, so it could have been something "physical". Since the reformulation now I wear it again and again (even as perfume - in winter absolutely incomparable!) and always with enthusiasm. I have now discovered the EdT for the summer for me and am all around happy!

JayNayJayNay 5 months ago
Is it me, or is there a huge resemblance with Habit Rouge EDP? I’m talking Samsara EDP Beehive Btl. They smell very similar in the dry down
Alex1984Alex1984 3 years ago
1989 vintage edp; there’s no mistaking, this has the real deal. Mysore in spades, like you couldn’t even dream of today! Absolute beauty!

by DemonHead
by DemonHead
by Cincy
Die Kinder haben komisch geguckt.
by Blödel
by Sweetgrass
by Sweetgrass
by Taurus1967
by Taurus1967
she whispers like the smoke of sandalwood incense...
by Turmfalke
by Stardust
by Stardust
by Scensodine
by Scensodine
Shown with sandalwood incense smoke....
by Sherapop
by bloodflower
by Silverrain
by Silverrain

Popular Guerlain

Mitsouko (Extrait) by Guerlain Shalimar (Extrait) by Guerlain Jicky (Extrait) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Extrait) by Guerlain Vol de Nuit (Extrait) by Guerlain Cuir Beluga by Guerlain Tonka Impériale by Guerlain Samsara (Extrait) by Guerlain Angélique Noire by Guerlain Shalimar Philtre de Parfum by Guerlain Shalimar Ode à la Vanille - Sur la route du Mexique by Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain Shalimar (Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain Chamade (Extrait) by Guerlain Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain Mon Guerlain (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Guerlain Mon Précieux Nectar by Guerlain L'Homme Idéal (Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain